New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Puzzle and Dragons 12: Extreme Puzzle Rush (Legend+)

Welcome to the Playground's Eleventth(!) TWELFTH(!!) iteration thread for the popular mobile app game, Puzzle & Dragons!
    (Previous thread is here.)

Here we gather to discuss, praise, complain about, and generally just natter on for this fun and addictive app game.

The first step is to point all new players to one of the beginners' guides.

We also have a linked guide to using row enhancement awoken skills!

What is Puzzle & Dragons?

A Free-to-Play match-three game with surprising depth! The puzzle occupies the lower half of the screen, and the combinations you form power your team on the upper half of the screen in battle. Part pokemon, part bejeweled, part M:tG, all crack, this game is easy to learn, difficult to master and very well put together. Unlike many games of this kind, it defies genre by going for both depth and complexity while maintaining ease of pick up.

What, seriously?

Yup! While at it's surface, the game is basically any other puzzle game ever, the math behind damage output, the dungeon design, the team composition component and metagame, and the uniquely free-wheeling capacity of the puzzle make Puzzle and Dragons a stand-out despite it's terrible app graphic. It has surprisingly deep and fulfilling long-term play (at the moment, I've been playing for over 600 days), and new content comes out regularly.

So what do I need to know to get started?

• First, the game itself! PAD, P&D or puzzle and dragons should all be sufficient searches to download it. It operates on Android and iOS devices, with mixed results on running it elsewhere.
    • Second, the beginner's guides will help a lot. You start out with one fast freebie pull on the game's real lure, the Rare Egg Machine, and a good pull here can save you a lot of frustration and also make the game much more fun. It's suggested that after you run the game a bit and get comfortable playing it, you "reroll" by uninstalling and reinstalling the application. Then you run through the tutorial again and do the free pull again, repeating until you snag a keeper. This is not half as bad as it sounds; it's pretty brainless, and goes by pretty quickly. If you can time your re-rolling to line up with a biweekly Godfest, you can save yourself even more frustration!
    • Third, friends. Good friends with compatible Leader skills are critical. When you enter a dungeon, you can bring a friend's leader with you as a member of your team; their leader skill operates alongside your own. We have a lot of great, experienced players here, with a lot of solid leaders. We can carry you when your own leader can't. Managing your leader and picking the right friend's leader is a critical part of the metagame. The GitP list is at the bottom of this thread; feel free to send any of us requests. If you have something like "@GitP" in your username, we'll know you're from this forum, and will accept your friend requests more readily!
    • Fourth, be stingy with stones! Magic stones are the in-app-purchase (IAP) resource, and while you get them for free pretty quickly early on, and even more on a regular basis, you'll regret being too free with their use early on. The four rules of magic stones are (1) Never pull the gold dragon Rare Egg Machine outside of a godfest; (2) You should have two monster boxes for every rank you have, and spending stones to Increase Capacity is almost never a bad idea; (3) It's generally not worth a stone to continue in a dungeon or refill your stamina until you have at least 100 stamina, and (4) No, really, don't pull the REM outside of a godfest, seriously.

As a closing note, Puzzle & Dragons is an immensely popular game, and there are a ton of fan-run sites for information. Most of them stay fairly up-to-date, so just go with what you prefer.
    • The PAD Wiki is volunteer-run, and can get out-of-date, but I think it has the friendliest format for finding information. It also has a ton of great guides and advice.
    • PuzzleDragonX is generally the best-updated site out there, with the most current news and most complete data. It's the community's go-to resource for data, but doesn't have much in the way of advice.
    • PADHerder is a tool to track and manage your monster box, with some neat automated ways to update. It also has some good information pages.
    • PADGuide (Android / iPhone) is an awesome app which keeps very current with all data and can even alert you to Urgent! dungeons. (HIGHLY recommended; I can't live without it.)
    • The Puzzle and Dragons Forum is dedicated to PAD and has some pretty good (and some very old) guides.
    • The PAD Global Facebook group is for talking about PAD stuff on ... well, Facebook. It's a solid way to get more compatible friends, too, but it's not always nice to newbies.

If you want to be updated/added, post your leads (up to two each) that you use for descends and for farming. A PadHerder can be included as well.

Spoiler: Puzzle and Dragons GitP Friend List!
    Show
    User In-Game ID Descended! Leads Farming Leads
    Obryn dwarfSA@PG
    Diego Havoc Diego@GitP
    Starwulf Starwulf
    SiuiS SiuiS@GitP
    Jasmine Jasmine
    Academia Aca@GitP
    Aramul Aram@GitP
    Leviticus Levi@GitP
    Erloas ErloasGitP

LoraesGitP
    Kauai Kauai@gitp
    Tyckspoon Tyck@GitP
    Blade7 Blade@GitP
    Klaatu B. Nikto KBN@GitP
    137ben Snes4@GitP
    Otravyat Otra@GitP
    Fax Celestis Fax@GitP
    Soepvork Soepv@GitP
    Sallera Sallera

Kiminosei
    Quietus Quietus
    Baka Nikujaga Baka
    Flare'90 Flare@Gitp
    Anarion Anar@gitp
    firedaemon33 Firedaemon
    Meta iNuzzle@/r

Credits to everyone who's ever contributed to the OP.
    Last edited by obryn; 2015-05-07 at 08:19 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Puzzle and Dragons 12: Extreme Puzzle Rush (Legend+)

So man... I forgot how much of a grind Zeus Vulcan can be. Echidna came out to play three times - Meteor Volcanic Dragon, Hera-Ur, and the boss man himself. Susano saved my bacon once, DKali twice... Nothing is worse than 10% jammer drops when you're running LL Ra, guys.

But. Victory. Woot.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

I'm trying to push through Zeus Dios myself. That first wave is brutal.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

MonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Fax Celestis View Post
    I'm trying to push through Zeus Dios myself. That first wave is brutal.
    It really is. And it doesn't help that there's an 11k damage preemptive on the following floor.. I think the first time I did Zeus-Dios it was with my devils, but I had to blow a Haku active and wipe the first floor immediately, then do all my stalling on Archangel.

The thing occupying my thoughts right now is what to aim for on my tablet, for quick KoG running. The REM gave me GZL and Avalon Drake, I'm thinking of mixing them with Athena. Not sure whether to lead with GZL or Athena though... leaning GZL for power, but that takes away some of the mindlessness that Athena provides. I also need more Green or Light Attackers to make GZL more worthwhile.
    Pokemon friend code : 3067-5701-8746

Trade list can be found on my Giant League wiki page, all pokemon are kept in stock with 5 IVs, most with egg moves, some bred for Hidden Powers. Currently at 55 in stock and counting.

Padherders for my phone and my tablet!

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

So I'm trying Burning God, Set as a lead. Suggestions on the rest of his entourage?

I could see about gathering his nephew's entourage from PAD wikia and I think Jasmine went quite a ways with Uber Chicken and a rainbow of dubs. Trying to get out of my comfort zone (Grodin) and work on my orbing skills.

My PAD Herder is more or less up to date.
    Professional assassination is the highest form of public service. -- Chiun
    My PadHerder: https://www.padherder.com/user/NukedDuck/
    FFRK FC: qZaG

6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Quietus View Post
    It really is. And it doesn't help that there's an 11k damage preemptive on the following floor.. I think the first time I did Zeus-Dios it was with my devils, but I had to blow a Haku active and wipe the first floor immediately, then do all my stalling on Archangel.

The thing occupying my thoughts right now is what to aim for on my tablet, for quick KoG running. The REM gave me GZL and Avalon Drake, I'm thinking of mixing them with Athena. Not sure whether to lead with GZL or Athena though... leaning GZL for power, but that takes away some of the mindlessness that Athena provides. I also need more Green or Light Attackers to make GZL more worthwhile.
    I view GZL as a better Athena sub than the other way around, but that is just me. Athena has plenty of power and the eventual HP boost is nice. Avalon drake is a nice pickup for either team, although with rows instead of TPA.

Dios is full of preemptives, I always find that to the toughest part of it. Luckily it is substantially easier than Vulcan or Mercury overall. I have the first three down, and will take down Mercury sometime soon (in theory). Not sure I can handle the Rush though.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Klaatu B. Nikto View Post
    So I'm trying Burning God, Set as a lead. Suggestions on the rest of his entourage?
    Speaking generally rather than specifically... Your first goal is to cover Blue, Light, and Dark at least in a subtype. You don't want to be locked out of any color to activate his leader skill. Your second goal is to have as many monsters with Red in their attributes as possible.

Desirable active skills are similar to what you'd want for DQXQ, since they're very similar gods. I like to focus on Actives that work well for Defense (Delay, Damage reduction) and maximizing leader skills (Orb shuffles). Heartbreakers, Riders, and other orb-shifters are fine; just be aware that they might neutralize your Leader skill if you aren't careful.

As for awoken skills, it's the same list as usual. You want some Extend Time and Skill Boosts. Prongs are nice, too, and not too hard with such an easy leader skill. With 3 more fire +orbs awoken skills, every red orb will get a + and it's effectively like having an extra prong on every sub.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

I tried Zeus Vulcan again and once again got hick-kicked to death by Hera-Ur. Not sure what I would want to try to slot in there to fix that. I almost got past her though, hit one smaller combo and stayed above 70% then tried to do one big hit to take the charge up turn but left her closer to 30% than 25% so she got me.
    Only good options I have are Kush and a golem. I don't think Kush is long enough, still will be hard to get past, but the golems don't do much else for me other than that. Also no idea who I would switch either of them for. I really wish I had Indra (instead of 2 Vitras), or Susano (only JP1 god I have is Yomi, which I have 2 of).

Did Medjedra again today too and once again she (I think?) didn't drop.

9. - Top - End - #9

Quote Originally Posted by Klaatu B. Nikto View Post

I could see about gathering his nephew's entourage from PAD wikia and I think Jasmine went quite a ways with Uber Chicken and a rainbow of dubs. Trying to get out of my comfort zone (Grodin) and work on my orbing skills.

My PAD Herder is more or less up to date.
    I was going to suggest working toward Echi/GigasOrRedGolemOrChristmas Hera/Herais/Heraur, but after looking at your box (wow!) you can go Echi/RedValk/Blodin/DinoRiderOrAwokenHino instead.

Of course, Echi, GreenDub, Bluedub, RK is usable up to Ocean of Heaven, but I think you're past that stage.

PS: Obryn, take the friends list from the 2nd post in the last thread - Aca wasn't really updating it very often.
    Last edited by Jasmine; 2015-05-06 at 03:21 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Barbarian in the Playground

If you'd like to add me to the list, I'm iNuzzle@/r and my ID is 388,412,339. I&I and Verdandi are the usual two up, but I can swap in different things if requested.
    Szilard has all of those sweet trophies for a reason. Awesome avatar is his handiwork.

11. - Top - End - #11

Quote Originally Posted by Meta View Post
    If you'd like to add me to the list, I'm iNuzzle@/r and my ID is 388,412,339. I&I and Verdandi are the usual two up, but I can swap in different things if requested.
    You're actually in the updated version, although I only have you down for Verdandi. I'm too lazy to configure an I&I image link so I'll let Obryn do it

Huh, fantastic drops in God rush - picked Gaia, Dios, Beelz, and Zeus. Pretty easy run considering I have an extra +297 compared to last time, though it still took a while cause they keep doing dark->jammers.
    Last edited by Jasmine; 2015-05-06 at 05:54 PM.

12. - Top - End - #12

Quote Originally Posted by Jasmine View Post
    You're actually in the updated version, although I only have you down for Verdandi. I'm too lazy to configure an I&I image link so I'll let Obryn do it

Huh, fantastic drops in God rush - picked Gaia, Dios, Beelz, and Zeus. Pretty easy run considering I have an extra +297 compared to last time, though it still took a while cause they keep doing dark->jammers.
    Running AHades, right?

13. - Top - End - #13

Quote Originally Posted by Otravyat View Post
    Running AHades, right?
    Yeah, AHades(hyper), Beelz(MS, +213), Herais (hyper), Haku (SL2, +0), Rodin (unskilled, +0). Rodin is for fatty invade.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

Feeling like I hit a wall fairly hard at the moment. Can't advance in technicals because I have no water guys of any note, can't clear Mechdragons, Starlight Sanctuary or Sleepless castle, so I'm basically just running daily stuff for materials and technicals for penguins. I'm hoping my current fire team is enough once I level everything to start making a run at some of these things because I don't see a reasonable way to get anything more without buying stones to pull the REM again (though I do have several challenges left, so at least 3-4 REM pulls if I get that all done).
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

15. - Top - End - #15

I accidentally medjedra and now will have TAMadRA.

Quote Originally Posted by obryn View Post
    Speaking generally rather than specifically... Your first goal is to cover Blue, Light, and Dark at least in a subtype. You don't want to be locked out of any color to activate his leader skill. Your second goal is to have as many monsters with Red in their attributes as possible.

Desirable active skills are similar to what you'd want for DQXQ, since they're very similar gods. I like to focus on Actives that work well for Defense (Delay, Damage reduction) and maximizing leader skills (Orb shuffles). Heartbreakers, Riders, and other orb-shifters are fine; just be aware that they might neutralize your Leader skill if you aren't careful.

As for awoken skills, it's the same list as usual. You want some Extend Time and Skill Boosts. Prongs are nice, too, and not too hard with such an easy leader skill. With 3 more fire +orbs awoken skills, every red orb will get a + and it's effectively like having an extra prong on every sub.
    This is the sort of breakdown Anarion should have gotten for Ronia.

16. - Top - End - #16

My I&I isn't as impressive as my Verdandi (8... more... plus eggs...) so it's not such a loss.

Do you still need help with ronia? I have a little experience. Before I got tired of being unable to read the text, and my lady friend played out all of PADW, I rolled 4 ronias in about 20 REM rolls on a JP account.
    Szilard has all of those sweet trophies for a reason. Awesome avatar is his handiwork.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Feeling like I hit a wall fairly hard at the moment. Can't advance in technicals because I have no water guys of any note, can't clear Mechdragons, Starlight Sanctuary or Sleepless castle, so I'm basically just running daily stuff for materials and technicals for penguins. I'm hoping my current fire team is enough once I level everything to start making a run at some of these things because I don't see a reasonable way to get anything more without buying stones to pull the REM again (though I do have several challenges left, so at least 3-4 REM pulls if I get that all done).
    Sorry, had to dig around to find the link to your PADHerder. I agree with Aca's previous advice re: building an Urd team. I'm a major Ronia player, but unfortunately you're just a bit short on subs for her right now. Tough part is the team cost though. Cost considerations aside and going purely with what you have in your PADHerder, a team to try would be Urd bookends with Ronia/Cao Cao/Uriel/Phoenix Knight. Echidna would be a great sub but you don't have her yet (or at least it's not listed). The major strength of Urd is her fire multiplier (I'm not even looking at the water multipliers; might be worth considering), and each of these subs are orb changers. If you can get these monsters skilled, I think it would make a pretty decent team. Gigas can fit in there as a heartbreaker, probably replacing Phoenix Knight. I'm thinking replacing PK because Ronia is full board shift (though relatively high cooldown; on second thought she might be one to consider replacing given that PK when fully skilled has a 5 turn CD), Cao Cao gives you a delay plus blue>red conversion (9 turn CD at max skill), and Uriel serves as light>red conversion plus heartmaker (8 turn CD at max skill). Uriel also adds some badly-needed RCV for this lineup (pretty much all of your RCV will come from the Urd leaders and Uriel; echidna as well once you get her). If you left both PK and Gigas in, they are 5 turn CD orbchangers which is nice.

So all things considered... for the short term I guess I'd go Urd bookends with Cao Cao/Uriel/Gigas/PK, which is a team cost of 124 and is a team you can field if you still are at the rank indicated in your PADHerder. (Sticking Ronia in there will blow your team cost out of the water.) You definitely will need skillups though before this team can tackle the hard stuff, and getting the awakenings currently available to you will help as well. The beauty of Urd is that you have a lot of flexibility for her subs. Pretty much anything red is a go. For Ronia, you need row enhances which you currently lack with the devils you have.

That's what kind of stands out to me when looking at what you've got listed. I'm far from being the smartest person here though, so I'd listen to the others before listening to me. :)

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ettin in the Playground

So with nothing else to spend my stamina on tonight...

Spoiler
    Show

Huh. I have avoided these dungeons because I'm not nearly 297'd enough on these teams.

19. - Top - End - #19

Spoiler
    Show

Huh. I have avoided these dungeons because I'm not nearly 297'd enough on these teams.
    You say as you clear it. Turns out 49x is a lot of damage.

Re. Team advice for Anarion. Can you post your Padherder? I don't seem to have you on my friends list there. I can try to give you a bit more advice as well if I see it. I don't really know anything about Urd except stack red and blue subattribute is nice.

Seems like we've lost a couple people. Where's Siuis been?

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kauai View Post
    Sorry, had to dig around to find the link to your PADHerder. I agree with Aca's previous advice re: building an Urd team. I'm a major Ronia player, but unfortunately you're just a bit short on subs for her right now. Tough part is the team cost though. Cost considerations aside and going purely with what you have in your PADHerder, a team to try would be Urd bookends with Ronia/Cao Cao/Uriel/Phoenix Knight. Echidna would be a great sub but you don't have her yet (or at least it's not listed). The major strength of Urd is her fire multiplier (I'm not even looking at the water multipliers; might be worth considering), and each of these subs are orb changers. If you can get these monsters skilled, I think it would make a pretty decent team. Gigas can fit in there as a heartbreaker, probably replacing Phoenix Knight. I'm thinking replacing PK because Ronia is full board shift (though relatively high cooldown; on second thought she might be one to consider replacing given that PK when fully skilled has a 5 turn CD), Cao Cao gives you a delay plus blue>red conversion (9 turn CD at max skill), and Uriel serves as light>red conversion plus heartmaker (8 turn CD at max skill). Uriel also adds some badly-needed RCV for this lineup (pretty much all of your RCV will come from the Urd leaders and Uriel; echidna as well once you get her). If you left both PK and Gigas in, they are 5 turn CD orbchangers which is nice.

So all things considered... for the short term I guess I'd go Urd bookends with Cao Cao/Uriel/Gigas/PK, which is a team cost of 124 and is a team you can field if you still are at the rank indicated in your PADHerder. (Sticking Ronia in there will blow your team cost out of the water.) You definitely will need skillups though before this team can tackle the hard stuff, and getting the awakenings currently available to you will help as well. The beauty of Urd is that you have a lot of flexibility for her subs. Pretty much anything red is a go. For Ronia, you need row enhances which you currently lack with the devils you have.

That's what kind of stands out to me when looking at what you've got listed. I'm far from being the smartest person here though, so I'd listen to the others before listening to me. :)
    Thanks, that does help. I am working primarily on the Urd team, though I guess I"m surprised to hear that Ronia isn't really good at this point. A lot of the beginner guides floating around talk about her as one of the best pulls to get, only then I couldn't find any info on her.

I haven't updated my padherder, but I finally got an echidna drop today, so I'm starting to work her up. I'm not really sure how to skill up most of my guys though. The only ones I could reasonably do are phoenix knight and echidna, since I can run the Skydragon and Dragon's footprints dungeons consistently enough to try and farm mystic knights and healer girls there, but the drop chance seems pretty low still. I have no clue how to get dragon fruits to skill Urd, minotaurs to skill Uriel (he's at skill level 2 because the single minotaur I got from the pal machine lucked out and skilled him up), or whatever it is that skills Cao Cao.

I'm also still putting some experience into the green team because I like Vishnu and want to eventually use him long-term. And I still want to start working on dark guys for Ronia because I just enjoy making different teams. It feels more rewarding than looking at where I'm at now and doing nothing but grinding penguins, evo mats, and extremely low drop chances.

Re. Team advice for Anarion. Can you post your Padherder? I don't seem to have you on my friends list there. I can try to give you a bit more advice as well if I see it. I don't really know anything about Urd except stack red and blue subattribute is nice.

Seems like we've lost a couple people. Where's Siuis been?
    padherder link, not updated to include echidna.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”

21. - Top - End - #21
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Thanks, that does help. I am working primarily on the Urd team, though I guess I"m surprised to hear that Ronia isn't really good at this point. A lot of the beginner guides floating around talk about her as one of the best pulls to get, only then I couldn't find any info on her.
    Don't get me wrong, Ronia is awesome (she's my main). She doesn't really shine until you have proper subs for her though, especially when trying the more difficult content. Again, the key to her effectiveness is having row enhance awakenings on the team. Without those, you really lose a lot of her punch.

Glad to hear that you managed to snag an Echidna. She'll come in very handy. That's another one that you'll have to skill up. So going back to the original lineup I described, I'd add her in place of Cao Cao (she delays for 3 rounds instead of Cao Cao's 1). That will give you some badly needed RCV as well. The major challenge for you here without skillups is you'll need to stall. Fully awaken Uriel when you can, as you'll get a skill boost plus the autoheal (useful while stalling). Get at least one more awakening on Urd for another skill boost (tho ideally try and fully awaken her as well). Level up and evo PK when you can, as he has a 2prong which will help you with damage (I think you'll be able to handle the added team cost due to using Echidna instead of CaoCao). With Gigas, I'd keep him in this form for awhile as once you evo him he gets negative RCV. He'll give you 3K HP at max level, which is decent.

Gigas is relatively easy to skill up so try and max him out. Echidna and PK should be within reach too (hopefully their skillup dungeons return soon). Uriel is tough (I still haven't maxed mine), and I think right now trifruits might be a little out of your reach. But these are some short-term goals that should help you progress a bit, at least with what you have in your box right now. Again though, I'm not the smartest person when it comes to this game; it's just what I'm thinking based on what sticks out to me. Otra may have some other opinions once he gets to see your PADHerder.

Feel free to add me if you haven't already, especially if/when you start running Ronia as my hypermaxxed Ronia is almost always up. And if she isn't, I can always put her up for you. (Have my Urd as well, actually. Not max skilled yet, but she's at lvl 90, fully awoken, skill level 4.)

22. - Top - End - #22

I think swapping PK for Ronia when you can, assuming no other good monsters obtained between, is a solid idea so I wouldn't put as much effort into skilling him up, as mystic knights can be a bit of a drag on your stamina.

Gigas is very easy to skill up, red samurai goblins have his skill. Uriel is a touch harder, but minotaurs seem to love dropping from PEM and are in a fair few harder dungeons. Cao Cao's skill up fodder is in the Flame Dragon Knight's dungeon and probably the most troublesome of these. But the cutest so there's that.

If you enjoy the Urd team, you could set beating grimoire on legend as a reasonable goal. Theurgia is R/B and will pump your damage and survivability a pretty good amount for a farmable.

Edit: Echidna is probably more stable, and if a boss has no shield, it's non-technical, etc, I'd use Cao Cao and Echidna as long as you can survive one attack.
    Last edited by Meta; 2015-05-07 at 06:16 AM.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ettin in the Playground

You say as you clear it. Turns out 49x is a lot of damage.
    I don't run Ra on Super Legends. (Yet?)

Quote Originally Posted by Jasmine View Post
    PS: Obryn, take the friends list from the 2nd post in the last thread - Aca wasn't really updating it very often.
    Sounds good - I'll plug it in.

e: And yeah, I miss SiuiS. Hope she shows back up sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by Kauai View Post
    Feel free to add me if you haven't already, especially if/when you start running Ronia as my hypermaxxed Ronia is almost always up. And if she isn't, I can always put her up for you. (Have my Urd as well, actually. Not max skilled yet, but she's at lvl 90, fully awoken, skill level 4.)
    Yeah, I use your Ronia a lot when I'm running a Beelzebonia team.

I pulled an Urd last godfest. Leveling her up, but not 100% sure what to do with her yet.
    Last edited by obryn; 2015-05-07 at 08:21 AM.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ettin in the Playground

MonkGuy

I view GZL as a better Athena sub than the other way around, but that is just me. Athena has plenty of power and the eventual HP boost is nice. Avalon drake is a nice pickup for either team, although with rows instead of TPA.

Dios is full of preemptives, I always find that to the toughest part of it. Luckily it is substantially easier than Vulcan or Mercury overall. I have the first three down, and will take down Mercury sometime soon (in theory). Not sure I can handle the Rush though.
    Yeah, Avalon Drake's awakenings aren't ideal for a TPA team, and he doesn't benefit from GZL's slime. But he provides an ideal active for a Light/Green heavy team, so he'll keep that spot. I'm going to have to look into what TPA God/Attacker options are out there that are farmable, if I'm going to run Athena main; that's really going to be the rough part. It's something to toy with, I have to be able to get an Athena before I worry about this.

On the Zeus challenge, part of me wants to push and try to complete more of it - I've never managed to beat Mercury or Vulcan, but I know I can take Dios. And the Rush... well. In theory, in a perfect play, GZL could do it. But no plan survives contact with the enemy, so I don't know if I want to bother sinking enough stamina in to do that.

Trade list can be found on my Giant League wiki page, all pokemon are kept in stock with 5 IVs, most with egg moves, some bred for Hidden Powers. Currently at 55 in stock and counting.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Quietus View Post
    Yeah, Avalon Drake's awakenings aren't ideal for a TPA team, and he doesn't benefit from GZL's slime. But he provides an ideal active for a Light/Green heavy team, so he'll keep that spot. I'm going to have to look into what TPA God/Attacker options are out there that are farmable, if I'm going to run Athena main; that's really going to be the rough part. It's something to toy with, I have to be able to get an Athena before I worry about this.

On the Zeus challenge, part of me wants to push and try to complete more of it - I've never managed to beat Mercury or Vulcan, but I know I can take Dios. And the Rush... well. In theory, in a perfect play, GZL could do it. But no plan survives contact with the enemy, so I don't know if I want to bother sinking enough stamina in to do that.
    Well, Athena//Valk/Valk/Verche/Verche//Athena is functional, albeit boring. Quick glance at your box though and you could do something like Athena//GZL/Rei Sirius/LKali/Valkyrie//Athena. Or pull GZL (blasphemy!) for Arcline. Arcline's slime won't hit your Athenas, but it'll boost all your subs. Or or you could level and uvo your Izanagi and run Athena//Izanagi/Rei Sirius/LKali/Valkyrie//Athena and have your slime hit everyone.

Also, I have an Athena. You should definitely be able to get one.
    Last edited by Fax Celestis; 2015-05-07 at 10:39 AM.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ettin in the Playground

MonkGuy

Well, Athena//Valk/Valk/Verche/Verche//Athena is functional, albeit boring. Quick glance at your box though and you could do something like Athena//GZL/Rei Sirius/LKali/Valkyrie//Athena. Or pull GZL (blasphemy!) for Arcline. Arcline's slime won't hit your Athenas, but it'll boost all your subs. Or or you could level and uvo your Izanagi and run Athena//Izanagi/Rei Sirius/LKali/Valkyrie//Athena and have your slime hit everyone.

Also, I have an Athena. You should definitely be able to get one.
    That's my phone account. My tablet's Padherder is here : https://www.padherder.com/user/GameO...,0,0;default,0 and is not NEARLY so interesting. I already have Athena on the phone, final form, fully awoken, slvl3. Not high level yet though, haven't intended to use her. If I wanted to run Athena on my phone, I'm swimming in options.

::Edit:: I've updated my signature to reflect those.
    Last edited by Quietus; 2015-05-07 at 10:44 AM.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

Ah, yeah, that is a different story.

GZL is a bad lead choice for Athena because everyone has a preemptive 100% player heal.

28. - Top - End - #28

Spoiler
    Show

Nice... Ra? xD

Finally Awoken evolved my A.Hades. Now it's max skilled too. Surprisingly, it haven't been awokened yet -.-
    *Waves from Aca*

Spoiler: Aca's Teams
    Show
    Main Leaders: Kirin, Pandora, RSonia

Secondary Leaders: Haku, Genbu, LMeta, Bastet, Lu Bu, Yamato, WuKong

Developing Teams: Andromeda, Amaterasu, Athena, BSonnia

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ettin in the Playground

MonkGuy

Ah, yeah, that is a different story.

GZL is a bad lead choice for Athena because everyone has a preemptive 100% player heal.
    That's not so bad, actually. Only Siegfried follows that up with an attack that could OHKO you. I don't mind those situations so much, actually, because it lends a certain amount of stability to the fight - you KNOW you can take the next attack. It also means that you have a free turn to eliminate some unneeded orbs, I'm often using those turns to get rid of extra heals, lights, reds that show up. It means I've got a bigger attack a turn later, when they knock me back into range.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

I'm also on a bit of a diversion to try and put together a team that can do the technical water only dungeon. Since I could easily clear the fire only dungeon if I could just get to it, and I can do everything with two blue/green ogres except the flame guys (which I could probably grind if nothing else).
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes