New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1732333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1480
  1. - Top - End - #1231
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Puzzle and Dragons 12: Extreme Puzzle Rush (Legend+)

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Ran a bunch of stuff last night and today. Cleared legendary seaway, both versions of Zhang Fei for the stone, and Zeus Vulcan, though I messed up and decided to stone Vulcan himself. Goddamn combo shields and sweaty hands.

I am ridiculously stymied on mystic masks though. I ran Wednesday mid level 6 times, did 10 runs of ocean of heaven this weekend, and had 30 pulls on the pal machine and from all of that I got 1 mystic mask. I need 6. Despair.

You mean Karin? Don't recall Meimei in that dungeon.
    Yeah, Karin I mean.

2. - Top - End - #1232
    Bugbear in the Playground

4/18 on baby tamadras, if we are still looking for data points

3. - Top - End - #1233
    Titan in the Playground

I'll add it. Every bit pushes the data a little bit closer to an accurate representation, though we have enough to reasonably assume 40%.

4. - Top - End - #1234
    Ettin in the Playground

Woot. Finally got my Gang Leader Gigas invade. (After I'd already max skilled my Hera-Ur)

5. - Top - End - #1235
    Firbolg in the Playground

Ya know it occurs to me, and I am probably not the first to notice...
    when the new UVO for Durga gets here, she could be the best leader in the game for "awoken skills invalid" dungeons. Her leader skill is obviously better than U&Y and Kirin's, and might still be better than Kirin's even with Kirin's upcoming Ultimate Ultimate evo. Her active skill is compatible with a rainbow team and allows for mixed types. The big drawback compared to Kirin and U&Y is her far inferior awoken skills. But in a dungeon which deactivates awakenings, she seems like the top of the pack.

6. - Top - End - #1236

Quote Originally Posted by 137ben View Post
    Ya know it occurs to me, and I am probably not the first to notice...
    when the new UVO for Durga gets here, she could be the best leader in the game for "awoken skills invalid" dungeons. Her leader skill is obviously better than U&Y and Kirin's, and might still be better than Kirin's even with Kirin's upcoming Ultimate Ultimate evo. Her active skill is compatible with a rainbow team and allows for mixed types. The big drawback compared to Kirin and U&Y is her far inferior awoken skills. But in a dungeon which deactivates awakenings, she seems like the top of the pack.
    I agree that having the strictly superior active skill would put her above U&Y or Kirin, but look at something like Kali? I think that it is a bit of a stretch to say that Durga would be the best leader in the game for those dungeons. (I do LOVE her as a sub though)

7. - Top - End - #1237
    Ettin in the Playground

MonkGuy

If we're looking at no-awoken options, I think Hathor might be a contender as well. Only 4.5x damage boost, but also comes with that delicious 1.35x HP/RCV for Light types. Much more tanky, and matching any five isn't that much harder than matching four with Light not counting. Active skill isn't as good, though. And wow, for some reason I thought Ult Durga gave an HP boost or something like that. Kind of sad that she doesn't, now.
    Pokemon friend code : 3067-5701-8746

Trade list can be found on my Giant League wiki page, all pokemon are kept in stock with 5 IVs, most with egg moves, some bred for Hidden Powers. Currently at 55 in stock and counting.

Padherders for my phone and my tablet!

8. - Top - End - #1238
    Titan in the Playground

I still think the Chinese goddesses are good options for awoken invalids: their match 3/4 specific leader skill is awoken-unreliant, and they come in with built in board shift for spiking purposes.

9. - Top - End - #1239
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fax Celestis View Post
    I still think the Chinese goddesses are good options for awoken invalids: their match 3/4 specific leader skill is awoken-unreliant, and they come in with built in board shift for spiking purposes.
    Chinese, Norns, Egyptians, and any of the ones that require matching 4 specific colors are all pretty good choices because they fight based on their leader skill and actives primarily, not their awakenings. Though executing on the more difficult ones without any time extends is annoying enough that I'd recommend Chinese or Norns.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

10. - Top - End - #1240
    Ettin in the Playground

MonkGuy

Chinese, Norns, Egyptians, and any of the ones that require matching 4 specific colors are all pretty good choices because they fight based on their leader skill and actives primarily, not their awakenings. Though executing on the more difficult ones without any time extends is annoying enough that I'd recommend Chinese or Norns.

I would agree with these. Could I run Kali on zero time extends, and without TPA? Sure. Haku would be easier though. And as an added benefit I could use D/R Haku, because the main thing missing from her is the extra awakenings. I'd love to use her, but she's just straight up inferior.

::Edit:: Speaking of Haku, now that I finally bothered to complete the lowest two stages of Dragon Challenge (6/6! Very pleased, that's the first one I've totally completed), I'm spending all of my stamina today on farming a few Dark Chasers. I want to hit at least ten, and then I'll maybe think about doing PAD academy. I just haven't bothered with it at all so far. I've given up trying to S-rank Cold Steel on my tablet, though now that I have a functional Kali team (now with evolved Kali!) I may try again sometime later. I was stymied by the sheildra dudes last time, they swing for 8444 or something each. More than I had with my +129 max level G/L Bastet and a hypermax friend, even with some of the one-rarity mobs like Werewolf on the team for filler.
    Last edited by Quietus; 2015-07-05 at 09:22 PM.

Trade list can be found on my Giant League wiki page, all pokemon are kept in stock with 5 IVs, most with egg moves, some bred for Hidden Powers. Currently at 55 in stock and counting.

11. - Top - End - #1241

I did cold steel s rank fine with double Verdandi and some random green 1 costs. Just enough hp to survive one hit, 2 turns is just long enough to do the 12 damage to kill one off and active acted as an emergency heal/burst which came in handy since I got orb trolled after taking the first down.

Finished my first ever descend on Heracles. Might only have been on legend and all I got was a lousy Cupid but still happy to know that my team has gotten to the point where I can start trying some of the easier descends.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

12. - Top - End - #1242
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fleeing Coward View Post
    I did cold steel s rank fine with double Verdandi and some random green 1 costs. Just enough hp to survive one hit, 2 turns is just long enough to do the 12 damage to kill one off and active acted as an emergency heal/burst which came in handy since I got orb trolled after taking the first down.

Finished my first ever descend on Heracles. Might only have been on legend and all I got was a lousy Cupid but still happy to know that my team has gotten to the point where I can start trying some of the easier descends.
    Heracles legend was my first too. It's a great feeling and a lot of fun.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”

13. - Top - End - #1243
    Ettin in the Playground

MonkGuy

Congrats! Now that I think about it, I should have tried Heracles on my tablet today - a chance of Fafnir and Gigas is not bad, and I wouldn't mind having Heracles around either. Ah well. I did learn one thing : Either I had extremely good luck, or the Sky Dragon's Domain dungeons (the no-RCV versions of the Legendary Dragon's Footprints dungeons) are really, really good. I think I got around five to seven Echidnas today, roughly half of my runs dropped, and I was getting a plus egg almost every run. There were a few runs where I got multiple plusses. Now, that's during the 1.5x weekend rates, but I'm using the fodder there to level up my Goemon team (and I'm using that team to farm this dungeon, *and* it's around 450 exp/stamina, which is pretty solid) so there is absolutely everything right with this for now.

In related news, Echidna is now skill level 3, and Bastet is max level, +159.

I will report back on the results of Red Skies tomorrow, see if this kind of luck continues.
    Last edited by Quietus; 2015-07-05 at 11:21 PM.

14. - Top - End - #1244

Congratulations on your first rotating descend! Remember that Hera, Two Heroes, and the Zeus technical all used to be rotation descends, and are now considered "permanent descends", so you've probably taken at least Hera down before.

15. - Top - End - #1245

Funnily enough, it really is my first descend even including the "permanent descends".

Havn't gotten around to doing Starlight Sanctuary yet since I've been spending the majority of my stamina on the various Super Kings to level my main team, Kronos Forest farming to rank up and doing the team challenges to build up a couple more rolls for either PADA machine or the upcoming colab.
    Have enough for exactly 5 rolls now, just tossing up if I want to go for the low drop triple TPA Athena or the probably as low drop rate of Saiga with his double tpa.

Edit: Literally a last minute decision but 3 TPA wins out.
    Chibi Pandora x2, Chibi Isis, Chibi Sun Wukong and...

Spoiler
    Show

Totally worth it
    Last edited by Fleeing Coward; 2015-07-06 at 02:10 AM.

16. - Top - End - #1246
    Titan in the Playground

Nice. Here's some DCC Athena friends from Reddit.

EDIT: Pulled twice on the collab REM. Got GL Saiga and BL Mebius. Mebius is an interesting card. God/Devil, 15-20 turn dark enhance + CTW. Lame awakenings (2x orb enhance, 1x skill boost), but for that active I think I can live with that. And actually they'll make the active stronger. Saiga I'm not so enthused with, but 15% green resist and 2x green/light slime isn't terrible.
    Last edited by Fax Celestis; 2015-07-06 at 01:05 PM.

17. - Top - End - #1247
    Titan in the Playground

Any tips for U&Y? I'm trying to work on that team (it could clear GYP if I could bloody well execute it) and I'm just not consistent about it. I can do any 3 colors every round, but I don't have any time extends and I'm finding it quite hard to keep it up. I'll either get an activation for a round or two but not clear enough other stuff and end up with an impossible field, or I'll get stuck where the easiest combos of 1-2 colors blocks me off from making a quick combo in colors 3 and 4, and I only seem to have time to get one or the other (hence my consistent 3 out of 4).

Funnily enough, it really is my first descend even including the "permanent descends".

Havn't gotten around to doing Starlight Sanctuary yet since I've been spending the majority of my stamina on the various Super Kings to level my main team, Kronos Forest farming to rank up and doing the team challenges to build up a couple more rolls for either PADA machine or the upcoming colab.
    Have enough for exactly 5 rolls now, just tossing up if I want to go for the low drop triple TPA Athena or the probably as low drop rate of Saiga with his double tpa.

Edit: Literally a last minute decision but 3 TPA wins out.
    Chibi Pandora x2, Chibi Isis, Chibi Sun Wukong and...

Spoiler
    Show

Totally worth it
    Starlight Sanctuary is actually quite a bit harder than many of the legendary descends, imo. Descends are tricky, they throw weird things at you. But most of the legendary ones don't hit too hard and only force you to deal with HP totals in the 1-2 million range. Starlight Sanctuary King of the Gods is straightforward: all the enemies do is hit you. But Tiamat hits for 14k, the chaos devil dragon for over 20k, and Zeus for ~30k. And you need to deal over 1 million to the dragon then a whopping 5 million to Zeus. It's simply a stat requirement: you can either hit hard enough or you can't.
    Last edited by Anarion; 2015-07-06 at 01:54 PM.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

18. - Top - End - #1248
    Ettin in the Playground

MonkGuy

Any tips for U&Y? I'm trying to work on that team (it could clear GYP if I could bloody well execute it) and I'm just not consistent about it. I can do any 3 colors every round, but I don't have any time extends and I'm finding it quite hard to keep it up. I'll either get an activation for a round or two but not clear enough other stuff and end up with an impossible field, or I'll get stuck where the easiest combos of 1-2 colors blocks me off from making a quick combo in colors 3 and 4, and I only seem to have time to get one or the other (hence my consistent 3 out of 4).
    No time extends is rough, I can't imagine doing Kali without them. Any way for you to get some time extends into that team? outside of those, I'd say your best bet is just practice. Cycle the board, spend a turn whenever you can eliminating useless orbs and generally cleaning up the board. If you don't think you can hit your colors, then spend that turn eliminating whatever's in the way and setting up to hit your colors next turn.

Starlight Sanctuary is actually quite a bit harder than many of the legendary descends, imo. Descends are tricky, they throw weird things at you. But most of the legendary ones don't hit too hard and only force you to deal with HP totals in the 1-2 million range. Starlight Sanctuary King of the Gods is straightforward: all the enemies do is hit you. But Tiamat hits for 14k, the chaos devil dragon for over 20k, and Zeus for ~30k. And you need to deal over 1 million to the dragon then a whopping 5 million to Zeus. It's simply a stat requirement: you can either hard enough or you can't.
    Zeus is only 24-25k damage 25,487 damage... "only". I can't think of many teams that can soak that without a +HP lead.
    Last edited by Quietus; 2015-07-06 at 03:16 PM.

19. - Top - End - #1249
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Quietus View Post
    Zeus is only 24-25k damage... "only". I can't think of many teams that can soak that without a +HP lead.
    I can almost take that with my Ronia Bu team. Almost. Lu Bu's got a 1.35x devil HP mod though. I need like... 50 +HP eggs. Or I could level max my team instead of leaving most of them in the mid-90s and put 15 +HP eggs on there. Then I can tank. Barely.

20. - Top - End - #1250

If you are looking specifically for an all healer/physical lineup, you might have trouble finding the time extends, but you could plug in Lilith to get a bit of extra time. U&Y is super tough without time extends. I run one, and generally average 6-7 combos, but I also used U&Y almost exclusively for my first year in the game. Unfortunately, Quietus is right. If your problem right now is timing, and needing more combos, that basically just takes practice. Watch videos using U&Y/Kirin/Durga/Kali to see patterns that people use. Plot out your entire move before you go, and rehearse it a couple times if possible. Your Urd team is great for a lot of things, but it is a very different style of orbing than U&Y, and so the transition can be rough.

The one trick that is really hard to see originally but becomes really useful is cascading stuff down. Line up your first batch of combos in such a way that the other orbs will fall into place. That can make it a lot easier to "connect" orbs that are far apart, and you don't have to worry about moving them all the way down or across the board. I was pretty terrible at it even like 6 months ago, but have gotten a lot better. I play games with myself now to see how many I can get using the fewest initial combos.

What team are you running?

I can almost take that with my Ronia Bu team. Almost. Lu Bu's got a 1.35x devil HP mod though. I need like... 50 +HP eggs. Or I could level max my team instead of leaving most of them in the mid-90s and put 15 +HP eggs on there. Then I can tank. Barely.
    Yeah I think that counts as a +HP lead. I COULD run a U&Y team with that much health (GOLEMS!), but I wouldnt do any damage at all. My typical U&Y team runs somewhere around 22k health.
    Last edited by Otravyat; 2015-07-06 at 04:11 PM.

21. - Top - End - #1251
    Titan in the Playground

http://pad.dawnglare.com/

Super helpful for practicing/rehearsing purposes.

22. - Top - End - #1252

I use that constantly during challenging descends. Any time where I actually CANT take a hit and am somewhere with my computer. Great tool.

23. - Top - End - #1253
    Titan in the Playground

I can tank a hit with Urd now (definitely counts as a +hp lead) as well, though even then tanking Starlight Sanctuary Zeus requires not just the hp but also the healing to keep it up. Otherwise you still need that massive 5 million damage to take him out. Clearing him is a good sign that you've got a team that can handle a bunch of descends though.

Quote Originally Posted by Otravyat View Post
    If you are looking specifically for an all healer/physical lineup, you might have trouble finding the time extends, but you could plug in Lilith to get a bit of extra time. U&Y is super tough without time extends. I run one, and generally average 6-7 combos, but I also used U&Y almost exclusively for my first year in the game. Unfortunately, Quietus is right. If your problem right now is timing, and needing more combos, that basically just takes practice. Watch videos using U&Y/Kirin/Durga/Kali to see patterns that people use. Plot out your entire move before you go, and rehearse it a couple times if possible. Your Urd team is great for a lot of things, but it is a very different style of orbing than U&Y, and so the transition can be rough.

The one trick that is really hard to see originally but becomes really useful is cascading stuff down. Line up your first batch of combos in such a way that the other orbs will fall into place. That can make it a lot easier to "connect" orbs that are far apart, and you don't have to worry about moving them all the way down or across the board. I was pretty terrible at it even like 6 months ago, but have gotten a lot better. I play games with myself now to see how many I can get using the fewest initial combos.

What team are you running?
    Right now I'm just playing around with them. I've got U&Y at level 67 and fully awoken, but no plusses or skills yet. Blue Odin is fully evoed, but he has no awakenings at all and is ~40 right now. I have a B/L Isis as well, and then I threw in a vampire and a valkyrie (heartbreak for missing colors) just to try and see how far I would get in endless corridors. I got to around level 40. That team only has 12k hp because I haven't leveled things, so when I flubbed one on 4 nights with 1-turn timers, I just died.

Looking at my water setup, though, I don't have much besides what I already mentioned.
    Karin and Hatsume no Tsubone: actively anti-synergy
    Merlin and Siegried: Heartbreak to fire not ideal, okay stats
    Wadatsumi, Paulina, and Hera-Is: not leveled and don't look that useful (Wadatsumi might be good for the delay)
    Siren and Golem: Situationally useful
    Blue slime: hahahahahaha

wood/light/dark
    Kushinadahime: reasonable choice, haven't actually gotten her awakenings yet
    Arcline: Great healer slime, doesn't solve my skill challenge problems
    Valk: currently 10 turn cooldown light supplement. Reasonable choice
    Anubii: I've got three of them. The D/L one actually is awakened, I probably should sub him into the team somewhere even though his active is anti-synergy.
    Tsukuyomi Tamadra: one time extend and change the world could actually be good...
    Vampire: same deal as valk, can orb supplement dark
    Lilith: Haven't finished evoing her yet, but I have one.

That's 100% of reasonable things I currently have.

I use that too. It's quite tiring though, compared to my ability to orb with Urd now. I've been doing some random ones every day or two though. I can see some of the cascading patterns, but I'll still run through patterns on dawnglare where I set things up and have to actually watch them all fall then try a couple more times to get it right. So running endless corridors with U&Y was like "dang it! Dang it! Ooh got one. Dang it!" For ~40 floors.
    Last edited by Anarion; 2015-07-06 at 05:36 PM.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

24. - Top - End - #1254

I can tank a hit with Urd now (definitely counts as a +hp lead) as well, though even then tanking Starlight Sanctuary Zeus requires not just the hp but also the healing to keep it up. Otherwise you still need that massive 5 million damage to take him out. Clearing him is a good sign that you've got a team that can handle a bunch of descends though.

Right now I'm just playing around with them. I've got U&Y at level 67 and fully awoken, but no plusses or skills yet. Blue Odin is fully evoed, but he has no awakenings at all and is ~40 right now. I have a B/L Isis as well, and then I threw in a vampire and a valkyrie (heartbreak for missing colors) just to try and see how far I would get in endless corridors. I got to around level 40. That team only has 12k hp because I haven't leveled things, so when I flubbed one on 4 nights with 1-turn timers, I just died.

Looking at my water setup, though, I don't have much besides what I already mentioned.
    Karin and Hatsume no Tsubone: actively anti-synergy
    Merlin and Siegried: Heartbreak to fire not ideal, okay stats
    Wadatsumi, Paulina, and Hera-Is: not leveled and don't look that useful (Wadatsumi might be good for the delay)
    Siren and Golem: Situationally useful
    Blue slime: hahahahahaha

wood/light/dark
    Kushinadahime: reasonable choice, haven't actually gotten her awakenings yet
    Arcline: Great healer slime, doesn't solve my skill challenge problems
    Valk: currently 10 turn cooldown light supplement. Reasonable choice
    Anubii: I've got three of them. The D/L one actually is awakened, I probably should sub him into the team somewhere even though his active is anti-synergy.
    Tsukuyomi Tamadra: one time extend and change the world could actually be good...
    Vampire: same deal as valk, can orb supplement dark
    Lilith: Haven't finished evoing her yet, but I have one.

That's 100% of reasonable things I currently have.

I use that too. It's quite tiring though, compared to my ability to orb with Urd now. I've been doing some random ones every day or two though. I can see some of the cascading patterns, but I'll still run through patterns on dawnglare where I set things up and have to actually watch them all fall then try a couple more times to get it right. So running endless corridors with U&Y was like "dang it! Dang it! Ooh got one. Dang it!" For ~40 floors.
    The dawnglare/cascade recognition and speed gets better. As I said, I only use dawnglare occasionally, for things where I'm purposefully challenging myself.

One of the problems with running a bunch of heartbreakers on U&Y is that it is only situationally useful. You can fix a certain type of orb screw but only that type, and the active doesnt do anything else unless you are trying to stack that color of damage. I'd rather run monsters that have more useful actives and can keep me alive for one turn while I clear out for 18 new orbs.

With what you have: Kushi and Arcline are both nice. You don't NEED to stack any single color, in fact I don't and I've been able to clear a large percentage of the game. You can even run echidna if you need to. You don't have the subs to make a really color focused U&Y team, where you can just blast everything, so you need more utility.

U&Y // Kushi / Arcline / Lilith / BlOdin // U&Y

Kushi is a great active and can be skilled up along with U&Y from Seaway. Arcline gives you a burst that hits 5/6 of your team. Lilith is mostly there for the time extend at this point. BLodin is just a stat stick. Triple TPA, along with the double TPA of U&Y, is going to hit very hard on blue when you use a U&Y active.

25. - Top - End - #1255
    Titan in the Playground

Kushi also brings a time extend, which helps.

Looking at your (outdated) padherder: You might want to consider Chester instead of Lilith. Also got a time extend, and skill lock resist to boot.

26. - Top - End - #1256

Looking at your (outdated) padherder: You might want to consider Chester instead of Lilith. Also got a time extend, and skill lock resist to boot.
    Forgot about Kushi's time extend, that is definitely nice. And Chester is definitely an upgrade over Lilith, I didn't realize that you had one. That would have you at +1 full second, which should do wonders.

27. - Top - End - #1257
    Ettin in the Playground

MonkGuy

I'll echo the Kushi sentiment. She's just all around great, as an emergency button and as a bunch of great awakenings. Also healing, if you need that.

And I think I've figured out why I was having so much trouble with Kali through the dragon challenges : I've gotten really used to running Bastet on my tablet. That team has at least a full second more than Kali does. Why do I keep feeling like I'm getting cut off early? Because, effectively, I am. Dammit.

28. - Top - End - #1258

Quote Originally Posted by Quietus View Post
    I'll echo the Kushi sentiment. She's just all around great, as an emergency button and as a bunch of great awakenings. Also healing, if you need that.

And I think I've figured out why I was having so much trouble with Kali through the dragon challenges : I've gotten really used to running Bastet on my tablet. That team has at least a full second more than Kali does. Why do I keep feeling like I'm getting cut off early? Because, effectively, I am. Dammit.
    How many tjme extends are you running on the tablet?

29. - Top - End - #1259
    Titan in the Playground

Totally forgot about Chester.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

30. - Top - End - #1260
    Ettin in the Playground

MonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Otravyat View Post
    How many tjme extends are you running on the tablet?
    Five? Bastet bookends (or Bastet//Kali for harder stuff), with Andromeda and Yomi. I've had astoundingly good luck on the tablet, actually, considering the excellent selection of REM stuff I have. I'm not going to prioritize extends with Awoken Bastet, but just the bookends will hit four. Add in GZL and Marine Rider subs... just need to find a couple other good attacker TPA subs.

Oh, also : Guan Yinping get on the phone! One step closer to awakening Meimei when she arrives.
    Last edited by Quietus; 2015-07-06 at 10:40 PM.