New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Default Ordained Champion Question

Does Ordained Champions ability to grant the spells of the war domain affect all spell casting classes you have, only 1 class, or all classes that it advances?

For example if I started as a Paladin of Tyranny 4/Ordained Champion 2, then began taking levels of blackguard would I add the war domain spells to the blackguard list, or would I first need to take another level of Ordained champion to advance my blackguard casting at least 1 level?
    Last edited by Yogibear41; 2015-05-08 at 10:54 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Ordained Champion Question

I'm not sure it's fully RAW. If so, someone will be along shortly to point out the relevant rules section I missed I'm sure.
    Howerver: I would rule the domain gets added to:
    A: your cleric list if you have one. Else B
    B: the spellcasting class that allowed your to fullfil the prereq of being Able to cast magic weapon as a divine spell.

Also: I don't think you can add the spells from the war domain to any spellcasting class you obtain after entering Ordained champion. (With or without taking an extra level of Ordained champion) As you get to add them at level 1, and so can only add the to spellcasting lists you have available at that point.

Last, I don't think you can add the caster level gained at lvl 2,3 and 5 to any form of casting unavailable to you when you entered the class as it states: "If you had more than one divine spellcasting class before becoming an ordained champion, you must decide to which class to add each level for the purpose of determining spells per day, caster level, and spells known." (emphazis mine)

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Default Re: Ordained Champion Question

You can add the war domain to any class list, but that doesn't mean you know the spells. A favoured soul (or even sorcerer) would need to select the domain spells as one of their spells known, and a wizard would need to scribe them first. Non-cleric spontaneous casters (including wizards with spontaneous abilities, such as Alacritous Cogitation) would gain the advantage of the rapid spontaneous casting class feature, but non-clerics won't get the benefit of the modified spontaneous casting class feature.

Generally, cleric entry into Ordained Champion is by far the best. Cleric 4/Ordained Champion 5/Crusader 1/Ruby Knight Vindicator 10 is basically the perfect paladin. Let's not argue about the lost caster levels, or lack of high-level maneuvers, or the loss of remove disease (the horror!).

Try persuading your DM to allow a prestige paladin of tyranny, and take two levels of that, after entering ordained champion.
    Last edited by ExLibrisMortis; 2015-05-09 at 08:59 AM.