New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D IV: Oh, the Inhumanity!

Spoiler: Hells stars and stones freaking bells.
    Show
    EPIC FINALE
    May vs Skye
    Mr. Hyde at last!
    Inhumans vs SHIELD
    Jiaying is so goddamn crazy
    Mac. Is. Awesome.
    Seriously Mac is awesome
    Skye hacks something again! Yayyy
    Ginger Ninja was a neat and creepy power
    Lincoln is a good guy. Ugh, boring romance with him and Skye ahoy.
    FITZSIMMONS TOGETHER AT LAS-oh wait.
    OH NO!
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    When is season 3 here?
    I Am A:Neutral Good Human Bard/Sorcerer (2nd/1st Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-14
    Dexterity-11
    Constitution-16
    Intelligence-16
    Wisdom-12
    Charisma-16

2. - Top - End - #122
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

Not quite as good as the Season 1 finale, but pretty good all the same.

Spoiler
    Show
    Good catch by Coulson with that crystal. I think he deserves a hand. :p

So glad to see Agent 33 bite it. By Ward's own hand too! I laughed out loud.

AAAAAAAH FITZ AAAAAH
    A father taken by time, a brother dead by my own hand.
    With this work behold my grief, in Stone and shifting sand.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lvl45DM! View Post
    Show
    Ugh, I really hope not. That would make the show way too frickin' CW-ish.

Though on that note...

Spoiler
    Show
    I hope we get to see more of May's Ex (I'm sorry, I've forgotten his name) next season. Particularly if the next season is going to centre around newly formed Inhumans and adding more Supers to the team, they have every reason to have someone specialized in his extremely tiny yet vastly important niche of psychology to be actively involved.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Candle Jack View Post

Spoiler
    Show

AAAAAAAH FITZ AAAAAH
    Spoiler
    Show
    1) HAH. Coulson is angry that Mac didn't AXE him first. AWWW YEAH
    2)The irony is strong. Ward set it up so that saving Bobbi would kill Hunter. It ended up with Ward killing Kara to try to save her from May.
    And it was Simmons so..
    AAAAAAAAAAAH SIMMONS AAAAAH!

Quote Originally Posted by Kitten Champion View Post
    Betcha an internet I'm right :D
    Last edited by Lvl45DM!; 2015-05-13 at 01:08 AM.
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-14
    Dexterity-11
    Constitution-16
    Intelligence-16
    Wisdom-12
    Charisma-16

5. - Top - End - #125
    Colossus in the Playground

Show
    EPIC FINALE
    May vs Skye
    Mr. Hyde at last!
    Inhumans vs SHIELD
    Jiaying is so goddamn crazy
    Mac. Is. Awesome.
    Seriously Mac is awesome
    Skye hacks something again! Yayyy
    Ginger Ninja was a neat and creepy power
    FITZSIMMONS TOGETHER AT LAS-oh wait.
    OH NO!
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    When is season 3 here?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Unlikely that Lincoln will be a romantic interest. He wasn't even mentioned as a possible Skye Inhuman Force member.

Quote Originally Posted by Candle Jack View Post

Spoiler
    Show

AAAAAAAH FITZ AAAAAH
    Spoiler
    Show
    Badum tish, you're bad and should feel bad.

I totally agree though. Seeing Ward just effortless grab "Maye" and fill her with bullets in cold revenge was beautiful. I was half crying from laughter and half from horror because oh my god Bobbi oh no.

Yup! Simmons got all nommed by the black cube.

Though on that note...

Spoiler
    Show
    I hope we get to see more of May's Ex (I'm sorry, I've forgotten his name) next season. Particularly if the next season is going to centre around newly formed Inhumans and adding more Supers to the team, they have every reason to have someone specialized in his extremely tiny yet vastly important niche of psychology to be actively involved.
    Spoiler
    Show
    As mentioned above, it's unlikely. Lincoln wasn't mentioned as a potential member of the Skye Inhuman Force. Now yes, Lincoln might show up again in the future, but I don't think Skye will be gettin' romantic any time soon.

Yeah, I think he'll be showing up more often.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Finale Thoughts
    Show
    Wow. There was just so much in those two hours. Where to even start?

I actually really enjoyed the end of Cal's arc. The fact that it was him who got the T.A.H.I.T.I. protocol instead of Ward actually makes far more sense, now that I think about it. He's a much more tragic and ultimately redeemable villain. I hold MacLachlan's acting solely to blame for all of the tears I had watching this. From killing Jiaying, to his last conversation with Skye, and then that heartwrenching innocence as a veterinarian. All of the feels, you guys.

Since I already mentioned Ward... I did suspect that they were going to make him more involved, leading a team of some kind. He's been a lone wolf for a while and it is more his style, but I buy him being invested enough in Kara (and twisted up enough about her death) that he could step forward and actually commit against S.H.I.E.L.D. as a whole. I also liked that they acknowledged just how little a role Hydra has had after the mid-season break, as Coulson / Ultron pretty much wrecked their leadership. They really committed to him being evil, and I'm looking forward to seeing more of that in Season 3.

Now, the Secret Warriors thing. The idea that Skye could be the center of a S.H.I.E.L.D. team comprised of supers is pretty neat, and I imagine with the whole 'fish oil' conundrum, it won't be hard to find people with abilities now. It reminds me a bit of The Flash, and the resident particle accelerator explosion. A bit convenient, but it ultimately makes sense and will take the plot in interesting direction. I like it, but I imagine I'm not the only one worried that by changing the premise of the show like this, it will necessarily overshadow some of the more mundane bad*** types like May, who actually didn't do much this finale other than set up Kara's death. I like Skye as a character, but I don't appreciate the show telling me that - other than Coulson - I should care more about her now because she has superpowers than the rest of the team. They've been relying on that tactic for the last half-season, and it's great, but I don't want her to take too much of the spotlight.

Since I'm mentioning the other characters... I need to talk about Fitz/Simmons. I knew something was going to happen. The universe seems to hate them, and wants to keep them apart. It's not fair, it just isn't. I liked that the writers pulled a bait-and-switch with my expectations: I fully thought Fitz was going to die, and for a heart-stopping moment, I actually thought Gordon had killed him. But to have it turn out that he was okay, and then in the very last seconds of the stinger, having Simmons SWALLOWED BY THE DARK STONE THING was not okay. Really effective jump scare, and I almost shouted at my computer screen.

In conclusion: awesome finale. Lots of stuff. Cool new character arcs. Dear God, what happened to Simmons?
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Spoiler: Some of my reactions
    Show
    I found it very satisfying when May turned 33's mimicry against her.

I straight-up applauded when Coulson talked Cal down.

The fish oil got an "oh, dear", and the final moment got a "no...no nonononononono!"

Seriously, they just gonna leave it at that over the season break? That's so mean.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Titan in the Playground

Seriously though... I named this thread mostly as a pun, but it turned out to be quite apropos.
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

I guess Agents of SHIELD counts as phase 2 MCU.

Spoiler: Reasoning, spoilers
    Show
    In MCU phase 2, someone loses a hand/arm each movie. Didn't start as intentional reference to Star Wars Episode 5, but became such.

Spoiler: Season 1/Season 2 comment
    Show

So, in Turn, Turn, Turn we lost Hand. This time we just lost A hand. It's getting better.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by huttj509 View Post
    I guess Agents of SHIELD counts as phase 2 MCU.

Spoiler: Reasoning, spoilers
    Show
    In MCU phase 2, someone loses a hand/arm each movie. Didn't start as intentional reference to Star Wars Episode 5, but became such.

Spoiler: Season 1/Season 2 comment
    Show

So, in Turn, Turn, Turn we lost Hand. This time we just lost A hand. It's getting better.
    Spoiler: Daredevil
    Show
    It occurs to me that we lost one of the Hand in Daredevil. I didn't put it together with this until just now.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Troll in the Playground

Betcha an internet I'm right :D
    I'm taking this on faith, the AoS writers are among the few on television who don't actively hate me personally enough for that.

Honestly I don't care who Skye's romantically involved with at the end of the day - so long it's not Ward - but they really need more creativity beyond "they're two fairly attractive persons, thus they must fall in love however little chemistry or personality they may have between them" that seems to be the default reasoning for half of the 'ships on television.

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    As mentioned above, it's unlikely. Lincoln wasn't mentioned as a potential member of the Skye Inhuman Force. Now yes, Lincoln might show up again in the future, but I don't think Skye will be gettin' romantic any time soon.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'd actually be welcome for Lincoln to to join their Secret Warriors-esque organization, fleshing out his character using some of the stuff hinted at in this finale and giving him a semi-permanent role on the show along with Richards' Mike Peterson/Deathlok. However, until/unless they go that mile and put the effort into making him more than inoffensive and attractive male character #35623-3 the shipping idea is just cringe inducing. The sort of disinterest I had for the first season when Ward/Skye seemed to be a thing they were pushing.

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Yeah, I think he'll be showing up more often.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think they need someone they can talk to with some emotional distance and no ulterior motives, a Wilson from Home Improvement-type deal if you will. I also like that he represents someone more interested in the mental and physical health of his patients than whatever the crisis of the week is they're facing. It creates a conflict which is at once understandable as both sides have sympathetic goals - the good of the team/individuals or the good of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    Show

Now, the Secret Warriors thing. The idea that Skye could be the center of a S.H.I.E.L.D. team comprised of supers is pretty neat, and I imagine with the whole 'fish oil' conundrum, it won't be hard to find people with abilities now. It reminds me a bit of The Flash, and the resident particle accelerator explosion. A bit convenient, but it ultimately makes sense and will take the plot in interesting direction. I like it, but I imagine I'm not the only one worried that by changing the premise of the show like this, it will necessarily overshadow some of the more mundane bad*** types like May, who actually didn't do much this finale other than set up Kara's death. I like Skye as a character, but I don't appreciate the show telling me that - other than Coulson - I should care more about her now because she has superpowers than the rest of the team. They've been relying on that tactic for the last half-season, and it's great, but I don't want her to take too much of the spotlight.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Skye's Mary Sue-ish elements were pretty heavy in the finale. I'd imagine her newly-established messianic status (with Raina's prophecy) is particularly goading to those who are on the fence with her character. It's somewhat justified on a meta-level in that so many of the important characters and plot threads were tied to her directly - they were definitely making a theme of child-of-two-worlds with her. Now that in itself could easily be perceived to be Mary Sue-ish, but I think it's more a matter of making the season's arc work more cohesively and fluidly for the writer's ultimate real purpose of this season -- introducing Inhumans and manufacturing them en masse for the MCU.

Though her having superpowers is less the reason for her significance than her being an Inhuman who's SHIELD's only piece on the board for dealing with Inhumans in a non-violent way.
    Last edited by Kitten Champion; 2015-05-13 at 01:59 AM.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

Spoiler: A Farewell to Arms
    Show
    Gotta give Mack credit, that was damn quick thinking.

And yes, I shoulda said Simmons.

But you know, Fitz/Simmons was never going to happen. Simmons runs hot and cold in proportion to the amount of danger Fitz is currently in; they could only go on a date if Fitz wore a bomb vest. The universe just saved Fitz from being the recipient of an awkward rejection.
    Last edited by Giggling Ghast; 2015-05-13 at 02:07 AM.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Surgebinder in the Playground Moderator

Spoiler
    Show
    Good to see Jaiying get her comeuppance and the Inhuman War end promptly. She really was blinded by hate. "Shelter Skye from the world's cruelty"? More like "inflict the world's cruelty on Skye".

I'm guessing the crystals dissolving in the ocean are diluted enough to not actually harm regular humans, but may still trigger Inhuman powers. This would be explained by the latter being their primary intended function, while the former is an incidental side effect.

When I saw Coulson catch the crystal, I immediately thought "wait, won't that petrify him?" A moment later, watching the effect slowly creep up his arm, I was yelling "quick, cut it off!" *AXE* I was feeling a bit proud of myself for such instant and accurate prediction.

May's deception against 33 was perfect, and the way it tricked Ward into killing her was great.

I think Raina really did turn good in the end. She was always obsessed with supernatural powers, with destiny, and claiming her proper role. She had opinions about what that role should be, but that was secondary to the main concept. Her Inhuman gift finally allowed her to see what her destiny and proper role truly were, and in the end she accepted that and made peace with it. I suspect she went to talk with Jaiying knowing that she would die, and that Skye would turn up at exactly the right time to see it happen.

The Kree rock absorbing Simmons was rather sudden and shocking, and also doesn't make much sense. Why the hell would they put a lock on its container that had anything even resembling a significant chance at being possible to open by accident? It should at the very least have required a key or 10 digit passcode or something, a pair of accidental knocks and jostles should have been nowhere near enough.
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saberhagen's Twelve Swords, some homebrew artifacts for 3.5 (please comment)
    Isstinen Tonche for ECL 74 playtesting.
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.
    Arcane Swordsage: Making it actually work (homebrew)

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Douglas View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Good to see Jaiying get her comeuppance and the Inhuman War end promptly. She really was blinded by hate. "Shelter Skye from the world's cruelty"? More like "inflict the world's cruelty on Skye".

I'm guessing the crystals dissolving in the ocean are diluted enough to not actually harm regular humans, but may still trigger Inhuman powers. This would be explained by the latter being their primary intended function, while the former is an incidental side effect.

When I saw Coulson catch the crystal, I immediately thought "wait, won't that petrify him?" A moment later, watching the effect slowly creep up his arm, I was yelling "quick, cut it off!" *AXE* I was feeling a bit proud of myself for such instant and accurate prediction.

May's deception against 33 was perfect, and the way it tricked Ward into killing her was great.

I think Raina really did turn good in the end. She was always obsessed with supernatural powers, with destiny, and claiming her proper role. She had opinions about what that role should be, but that was secondary to the main concept. Her Inhuman gift finally allowed her to see what her destiny and proper role truly were, and in the end she accepted that and made peace with it. I suspect she went to talk with Jaiying knowing that she would die, and that Skye would turn up at exactly the right time to see it happen.

The Kree rock absorbing Simmons was rather sudden and shocking, and also doesn't make much sense. Why the hell would they put a lock on its container that had anything even resembling a significant chance at being possible to open by accident? It should at the very least have required a key or 10 digit passcode or something, a pair of accidental knocks and jostles should have been nowhere near enough.
    Spoiler: Rock Steady
    Show

Because its a rock? Presumably it was unable the door was unable to be accidentally opened but they didn't know it could push from within. I mean really one can only have as much security as one has foresight
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-14
    Dexterity-11
    Constitution-16
    Intelligence-16
    Wisdom-12
    Charisma-16

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: Crystals
    Show
    The crystals only harm humans in solid form because they contain the same metal as the diviners - they're melted down and reconstituted diviners, after all. Dissolving in the water will leave the diviner metal at the bottom of the ocean while letting the harmless-to-humans/transformative-to-inhumans terrigen free to be absorbed by other life in the ocean and eventually by humans.
    Linguist and Invoker of Orcus of the Rudisplorker's Guild
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: big ol' spoilerbox: nitpicks and random thoughts as I watch it all
    Show
    Well.. vampire Jiaying is not at all creepy...
    If 33 and Ward disabled the tracking devices of the quinnjet, how did May and Hunter find it?
    glad to see Raina gain a measure of redemption by doing the right thing instead of jumping on a horse and try to avoid her fate. A touch melodrammatic maybe, but well played.
    Halfway through the fistfight between Bobbi and Ward, she was perfectly alligned for a punch to the crotch.. why didn't she take it and end the fight, I wonder?
    Why the flipping heck did they move Cal from containment instead of bringing the meds to him? how difficult was his recoveryand rampage to anticipate when he had declared as much to be his intent? Coulson's juggling the idiot ball, which is unlike him.
    Oh, look.. Mac sticking around is a plot device, how unexpected Then again, how come the Inhumans thought it was a good idea to have unconscious Skye tag along into combat zone when she's most likely going to turn against them?? why not stick her somewhere safe like the isolated room Cal was kept in?
    wha... you're guarding the most prized item on the ship, there's a teleporter on the loose, shots are fired in the adiacent room, clearly indicating an attack, and your first reaction is "let all of us go have a looksie and leave the priceless artifact unattended"??? also, you've got tons of firepower.. why are you giving in to 3?for once, shoot first and ask later seems like a good idea, but no..let's get disarmed by a cornered force with a fraction of our firepower...
    oh my... Curly SHIELD mook has had better days.. that's two ladies who've handed him his butt in the same day.. or 3, more accurately.. although, maybe the last two count as 1.
    "give me a secure channel"... because taking your cellphone out of your pocket is too much work, even in an emergency.
    mmmh, I'm unimpressed by Cal-Hulk..(it's like Kal-El, but slower).. he's moving about like the monster in Frankenstein Jr... I expect him to try putting it on the ritz at any moment.. more seriously, the brilliant acting we've seen so far is becoming a little farcical.
    I'm waiting for Mac to go Yippie-Kai-Yay Mother****er! on Jiaying..
    or is it more like "I'm just the cook"?
    aaand, awesome-Cal is back (it's like Kal-El, but better acted)
    ouch.. I have a feeling I know what Bobbi is going to do now
    shucks... I was right.
    ha! double dose of karma for Ward. very good
    lol.. Mac just got my vote for best line of the episode... a whole set of them actually, lol..
    muahauhahuahuahua.. he found the saw! I love this guy!
    ouch.. May just did the modern equivalent to showing her boyfriend's picture..
    awww.. getting ****-blocked by Coulson must burn..
    Mac.. there are no words.
    wait.. did Fitz just outmeme everybody?
    ouch. good thing Mac didn't let go of the axe.
    oooh, is May going on a hunting trip?
    omg.. the HYDRA thugs are laughable.
    so.. they did give Cal a free pass after all.. not happy about that. He ought to spend his life in solitary, with occasional visits from Skye for good behaviour.
    I'm mildly confused as to how Jiaying is perma-dead now and not ready to respawn somewhere later.
    well... maybe getting cockblocked by Coulson wasn't the worst that could happen I am starting to think the "rock" is actually sentient and has bided his time, or maybe it's gone into active mode as it sensed the crystals being turned into pills.
    Mildly disappointed that we haven't seen May pull a Coulson Vs Garrett style fatality shot at Ward. Maybe from long range.. like he did his dog... now, that would have been a nice touch.

yeah.. this was pretty damn entertaining (not my spoilerbox.. the finale).
    had me grinning multiple times, occasionally cringing, but overall I'd say the setting for a next season crawling with Inhumans (and dead bodies) is set.
    Last edited by dehro; 2015-05-13 at 05:42 AM.
    All hail Smutmulch for crafting my avatar!
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    Cursed zombies are more realistic.
    Spoiler: siggatar and previous avatars.
    Show

the Badass Monkby Avi. Aktarus by Chd. Dehro by Wojiz

17. - Top - End - #137
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Douglas View Post
    No, they exposited away the reason the crystals were still statuing people when Gonzolas was talking to Skyemom. They melted down the entire diviner, not just the crystal inside it.

Skye should probably take DJ as a first name
    My Homebrew: found here.
    When you Absolutely, Positively, Gotta Drop some Huge rocks, Accept NO Substitutes

PM Me if you would like a table from my homebrew reconstructed.

Drow avatar @ myself

18. - Top - End - #138
    Bugbear in the Playground

RogueGuy

Concerning Ward

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm sorry, but if those thugs are the caliber of minions that Ward is going to have on his team, he may as well just give up. At best, he'll be S3's equivalent of Creel, deadly for the first two episodes and gone afterwards.

Of course he'll find more competent people to work with, but I doubt that he's going to be anything more than a nuisance in the future. I think I'll have to agree with Zodiac and call for his death by head=red mist via Skye. He has officially run out of usefulness to the story in my eyes.

And the rest of the episode(s)

Spoiler
    Show
    Frankly, I'm surprised that Lincoln didn't attempt to turn on Jiayang when he saw what happened to one of the SHIELD councilors. Sure, it would have been a stupid move and would have gotten him killed, but it's not like there's much to his character atm other than "stand around looking pretty" or "zap the bad guys." That being said, it was a nice touch for the show to cut to him and May beating the crap out of the duplicator when the last time we saw either of them, it implied that a throwdown was about to happen.

Coulson losing his hand was... unexpected and surprisingly graphic for this show. It was a nice touch to have Skye driving Lola at the end since he probably can't until he gets a proper replacement. Maybe Stark has some tech for that... Still, I guess you can't be the Director of SHIELD without losing an extremity, right?

Once again, Kyle McLaughlin completely stole the show with his hammy ways. Whatever horror there may have been had while he was chasing down Fitz and Simmons was completely undercut by his sing-song tone of voice. I'll second what everyone else said about feeling sorry for him having to be the one to kill Jiayang and having to go through the Tahiti protocol afterwards. Having Dr. Winslow state that his office will become a "magical place" was good for a short laugh.

I'm somewhat disappointed that Gordon followed Jiayang so blindly given that he seemed at least partially receptive towards Raina's warnings last week. He was one of the more interesting Inhumans, if only because he's the one we've seen the most of after Skye and Raina. While the pipe through the stomach was a nice touch, I was really hoping for an ax to the back or something a little more brutal for someone who turned out to only be capable of walking in lockstep.

I will miss Raina. She was always useful as a ambiguous, but secondary, villain. Having to either wear that getup or whatever they did to create her character could not have been easy to do however.

And Jemma... poor Jemma. It was over so quickly, I think the only reaction I had time for was a simple "What." I know the show isn't in the habit of killing of their main cast (so far at least), but I hope she isn't dead.
    R.I.P. Wrecan, he was a true organizer and a gentleman.

19. - Top - End - #139

Quote Originally Posted by Yana View Post
    Concerning Ward

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm sorry, but if those thugs are the caliber of minions that Ward is going to have on his team, he may as well just give up. At best, he'll be S3's equivalent of Creel, deadly for the first two episodes and gone afterwards.

Of course he'll find more competent people to work with, but I doubt that he's going to be anything more than a nuisance in the future. I think I'll have to agree with Zodiac and call for his death by head=red mist via Skye. He has officially run out of usefulness to the story in my eyes.

And the rest of the episode(s)

Spoiler
    Show
    Frankly, I'm surprised that Lincoln didn't attempt to turn on Jiayang when he saw what happened to one of the SHIELD councilors. Sure, it would have been a stupid move and would have gotten him killed, but it's not like there's much to his character atm other than "stand around looking pretty" or "zap the bad guys." That being said, it was a nice touch for the show to cut to him and May beating the crap out of the duplicator when the last time we saw either of them, it implied that a throwdown was about to happen.

Coulson losing his hand was... unexpected and surprisingly graphic for this show. It was a nice touch to have Skye driving Lola at the end since he probably can't until he gets a proper replacement. Maybe Stark has some tech for that... Still, I guess you can't be the Director of SHIELD without losing an extremity, right?

Once again, Kyle McLaughlin completely stole the show with his hammy ways. Whatever horror there may have been had while he was chasing down Fitz and Simmons was completely undercut by his sing-song tone of voice. I'll second what everyone else said about feeling sorry for him having to be the one to kill Jiayang and having to go through the Tahiti protocol afterwards. Having Dr. Winslow state that his office will become a "magical place" was good for a short laugh.

I'm somewhat disappointed that Gordon followed Jiayang so blindly given that he seemed at least partially receptive towards Raina's warnings last week. He was one of the more interesting Inhumans, if only because he's the one we've seen the most of after Skye and Raina. While the pipe through the stomach was a nice touch, I was really hoping for an ax to the back or something a little more brutal for someone who turned out to only be capable of walking in lockstep.

I will miss Raina. She was always useful as a ambiguous, but secondary, villain. Having to either wear that getup or whatever they did to create her character could not have been easy to do however.

And Jemma... poor Jemma. It was over so quickly, I think the only reaction I had time for was a simple "What." I know the show isn't in the habit of killing of their main cast (so far at least), but I hope she isn't dead.
    Spoiler
    Show

I think Ward is definitely going to TRY and make his loser skin heads become stronger. My guess is he'll get some InHumans so he can fight on equal ground with both Shield and Skye Team Six. I think Ward Hydra will last until the finale or close to it, where they finally take him down (through earthquakes to the face).

I actually like that Fitz is at the end of the day the one responsible for Gordon's death, as sad as it was because he IS such a good guy. It was Fitz' device that trapped him, and it was his pipe that Gordon ported into. Poor guy, dead because he's just a consumate servant.

Yeah, gonna miss Raina too. She was cool. I also don't think Simmons is dead (I also agree with the theory that the Black Stone, instead of BEING the Kree Sentinal, instead turns people into it. Simmons will have to deal with the fact that she is now "powered" and arguably an Inhuman, and deal with her own fears about it and her now inbuilt desire to kill Inhumans.)

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: Jemma
    Show
    my guess is that in next season's opener, she'll appear as nothing happened, having been spat out by the black goop... whether she'll remember it happening or not is anyone's guess.
    actually, I think that's how a lesser show would handle this.. AoS has the habit of not leaving their audience in the dark for too long, so we'll probably see more than that happen on screen.
    so basically I just contradicted myself.
    I'm useless
    All hail Smutmulch for crafting my avatar!
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    Cursed zombies are more realistic.
    Spoiler: siggatar and previous avatars.
    Show

the Badass Monkby Avi. Aktarus by Chd. Dehro by Wojiz

21. - Top - End - #141
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Spoiler: Finale
    Show
    I agree with the theory that Simmons will get turned into a Kree Sentry, would have plenty of irony to it since she was so worried about the inhumans being a threat. Which they kinda were due to Jiaying. I liked that Cal got a nice ending and is now a jolly veterinarian, though it is sad he'll never remember Skye. I also agree that Ward is probably going to be killed by Skye. Anyone else wondering when Coulson is going to get some sort cyborg arm? I mean the man has access to the Deathlok tech, so why not get a cool robot arm? Mac was particularity awesome in this episode as well. Looks like Lola is fixed too. Though I think Bobbi deserves a ton of credit, she never cracked under Ward and Kara's torture and took that bullet for Lance. Those scenes were hard to watch, the level of gore and violence reminded me of Daredevil quite a bit. That scene with the needles 'shudder'
    Last edited by Solamnicknight; 2015-05-13 at 10:24 AM.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Spoiler: undefined
    Show
    There was a LOT to this episode. First Jaiying's actions left me quoting the title of this thread "OH THE INHUMANITY" Glad we got to see both her and Cal powers as well.

Now in regards to the new project is it Secret Warriors or Secret Avengers? Also noted the designs for the new Bus.

As much as I like Brett Dalton's range in acting abilities, Ward's rise as head of HYDRA and demand for closure with regards to Kara may well take the character down a path where they might as well kill him. Which is disappointing for the breakout villain.

Also regarding breakout villains, Raina's curtain call was PERFECT. She not only realizes that she can't have everthing, but heroically sacrifices herself to prove a point to Daisy "Skye" Johnson.

Finally, the Fish Oil bit was great it that left something open that reminded me of the Hulk MCU movie's Cameo of Stan Lee. The Closing scene was great with Fitz asking Simmons on date. (like who didn't know that wasn't going to happen) but then Simmons gets DEVOURED(ENCASED?) in the Kree Artifact.
    Wizard's First Rule: People will believe anything, either because they want it to be true, or they are afraid it is true.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Bugbear in the Playground

Show

Holy crap they packed a ton of stuff into this!

My hatred for Ward just intensified even further. I couldn't watch the needle scenes. Ugh. So am I a terrible person for laughing when he shot Kara? Haha sucker, didn't see that coming didya? Serves you right for trying to shoot May.

I am very happy May finally seems to be recovering from her trauma in Bahrain, and I hope her ex sticks around. I like him, and I'll root for them to get back together.

I've been fairly ambivalent about Mac up until now, but he really brought me around this episode. First with his quick thinking to save Coulson, and then with one of the best lines of the episode: "No! We are never opening that thing! Not in a thousand years!" Good job Mac! Finally someone with some common sense is in charge of the highly dangerous alien artifacts.

(Other best line of the episode: "Science, beeyatch.")

Not that it necessarily helped much, because holy crap where did Simmons go? Aw man, I was so close to my happy Fitzsimmons ending. I knew it. I knew it wasn't going to end so neatly.

And finally Ward: C'mon Ward we just got rid of Hydra and you have to go and pull a stunt like this? Jokes aside though, I'm really looking forward to seeing him next season. It feels like they're setting him up to be the main villain. First he was just a tool of Garrett, then he was out on his own but didn't really care that much about Shield except inasmuch as he still cared for Skye. Now he's out for blood and I can't wait to see how that's going to turn out. I think he could make a really good antagonist - you've got the greater Shield/Hydra conflict going again, plus a much more personal vendetta on both sides. Not to mention the whole Inhumans thing. Jeez, this show has gotten really complicated. I love it.

Show

Since I'm mentioning the other characters... I need to talk about Fitz/Simmons. I knew something was going to happen. The universe seems to hate them, and wants to keep them apart. It's not fair, it just isn't. I liked that the writers pulled a bait-and-switch with my expectations: I fully thought Fitz was going to die, and for a heart-stopping moment, I actually thought Gordon had killed him. But to have it turn out that he was okay, and then in the very last seconds of the stinger, having Simmons SWALLOWED BY THE DARK STONE THING was not okay. Really effective jump scare, and I almost shouted at my computer screen.

In conclusion: awesome finale. Lots of stuff. Cool new character arcs. Dear God, what happened to Simmons?
    Spoiler
    Show
    I also thought Gordon had killed Fitz, and I'm so very, very relieved he didn't. Fitz is probably my favorite character, and I've been expecting him (or less likely, Simmons) to die since the beginning of Season 1. So sure, terrible things keep happening to them, but as long as they both pull through alive and together at the end I'll be okay with it.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

Got a new idea for a Spinoff:

Agent May: Bikinis and Barettas.
    Keeper of the 49 Rules.

Pet Peeve: Yay ≠ Yeah

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Spoiler: Ginger Ninja
    Show
    Okay, am I the only one that liked this? Turns out the actress has been working as a stuntwoman for a while - most notably as Raven in the last couple of X-Movies and as Bobbi a few times this season.

EDIT: ooo, she also did stunt work with Agent Carter, didn't notice that at first.
    Last edited by TheEmerged; 2015-05-13 at 12:24 PM.
    • Sometimes, the knights are the monsters
    • The main problem with the world? So many grownups, not enough adults.
    • Talk less; say more.
    • George R.R. Martin, Kirkman, and Joss Whedon walked into a bar. There were no survivors.
    • Current Project: Fallout 4 "nerd" build (3/7/2/2/9/3/2, PER 9 after boosts)

26. - Top - End - #146
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Fitz's CMOA
    Show
    I'm surprised only one person has commented on how Fitz called Gordon "biotch."

Spoiler: What's With The Fish Oil?
    Show
    Okay, is there some in-joke or connection with the fish-oil supplements?

I figured that was just a way for marine contaminants to find their way into human bodies, thus triggering any latent Inhumans, but is there some other reference? I don't read comics these days, so no idea whether this shows up somewhere.

Show
    The actress/stuntwoman is plenty easy on the eyes, I was just disappointed with her abilities being such a close copy of a longstanding mutant from the comics.

Also, it took Lincoln forever to figure out that zapping the original would take out the copies. Come on, that's Hivequeen 101.

Spoiler: Baron Ward
    Show
    I'm glad we'll be seeing more of Ward, although a little ambivalent that he's refounding HYDRA.

From the institution's perspective he's a terrible choice, since he never had any allegiance to HYDRA overall, just Garrett--and Garrett wasn't exactly a true believer, as I believe he said himself.

Although Ward rebuilding HYDRA, or at least a little baby HYDRA-head, does have a nice touch of irony to it, since he promised not two episodes ago that his HYDRA days were done and gone. Ahh, Ward, you sly dog-shooting dog.
    Last edited by Palanan; 2015-05-13 at 12:27 PM.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Helanna View Post
    Show

C'mon Ward we just got rid of Hydra and you have to go and pull a stunt like this? Jokes aside though, I'm really looking forward to seeing him next season. It feels like they're setting him up to be the main villain. First he was just a tool of Garrett, then he was out on his own but didn't really care that much about Shield except inasmuch as he still cared for Skye. Now he's out for blood and I can't wait to see how that's going to turn out. I think he could make a really good antagonist - you've got the greater Shield/Hydra conflict going again, plus a much more personal vendetta on both sides. Not to mention the whole Inhumans thing. Jeez, this show has gotten really complicated. I love it.
    Spoiler: Ward
    Show
    I mentioned this earlier, but I actually think they can do a bit more with the character than they've done this season. For the most part, he's been in the background, doing evil things offscreen. The murder of his parents and brother, for instance, was a huge part of the character, as he finally cut loose the majority of his emotional baggage and was 'free', in a sense. Looking back, the idea that he would choose Hydra yet again isn't really all that surprising, considering the first decision Ward makes after killing the rest of the Wards was to rejoin Hydra under Whitehall. So far, he has always found a way to gravitate back to the intelligence community that he knows and is comfortable with. The only difference this time, is that he's not answering to anybody else anymore. He's out for "closure" against S.H.I.E.L.D. as a whole, since May and/or Hunter aren't readily available as targets. I'm going to have to agree with people's assessment, though: Ward is going to become a more important villain in Season 3, and then they're going to kill him off for good in one of the finales. And I even predicted it, two months ago!

One of my thoughts regarding the end of this season will be setting up Ward as the replacement for Whitehall / Pierce, taking over the North American branch of Hydra and coming back in Season 3 as one of the central Big Bads.

Because as interesting as his actions have been thus far, he's a character who has thus far been defined by his relationships with Garrett and later Skye. I kind of want to see him step into the spotlight as a baddie in his own right and go head to head with Team Coulson, and him filling the current Hydra power vacuum would be an interesting place to take his character. Actually taking power for himself and looking for revenge on the heroes would be cool (and maybe kill him off at the end of Season 3?)
    At this point, he's dropped any pretense of trying to redeem himself with his former team. Now, we're going to see Ward in a position of devoting even more time and energy to destroying or subverting S.H.I.E.L.D., as opposed to just escaping or surviving like before. This will make him a bigger threat in Season 3.
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2015-05-13 at 12:33 PM.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Troll in the Playground

My guess for Ward in season 3 --

Spoiler
    Show
    Hydra doesn't fit Ward, who is more of a soldier than megalomaniac and was never especially concerned with the cause of spreading tyranny as he was fulfilling his perceived obligations.

My guess -- he'll use the remnants of Hydra's resources and remaining man-power to gather and form the Serpent Society. An MU staple as far as proactive villain teams goes, which come with plenty of MCU-friendly characters available for adaption with reasonable-on-a-television-budget-tevel powers. Which would make him... Sidewinder I guess.
    Last edited by Kitten Champion; 2015-05-13 at 12:47 PM.

29. - Top - End - #149

Quote Originally Posted by TheEmerged View Post
    Show
    Okay, am I the only one that liked this? Turns out the actress has been working as a stuntwoman for a while - most notably as Raven in the last couple of X-Movies and as Bobbi a few times this season.

EDIT: ooo, she also did stunt work with Agent Carter, didn't notice that at first.
    Spoiler
    Show

Yeah. I like, actually kind of hope she's okay and might redeem herself like Lincoln. If only because "Quake, Lightningbolt, and Ginger Ninja" are kind of great code names.

My guess for Ward in season 3 --

Spoiler
    Show
    Hydra doesn't fit Ward, who is more of a soldier than megalomaniac and was never especially concerned with the cause of spreading tyranny as he was fulfilling his perceived obligations.

My guess -- he'll use the remnants of Hydra's resources and remaining man-power to gather and form the Serpent Society. An MU staple as far as proactive villain teams goes, which come with plenty of MCU-friendly characters available for adaption with reasonable-on-a-television-budget-tevel powers. Which would make him... Sidewinder I guess.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Huh. That could work. I don't know much about the Serpent Society though. It'd make sense though, I doubt he'll be working them up to believe that whole "we are a multi headed beast" type thing. They are a snake and he is the head and you will ****ing listen to him or he'll smash you to death.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Let's start with the Nitpicks
    Spoiler
    Show

Why did Jaiying bring Skye to the carrier in the first place? (this was probably covered, but I must have missed it)

Why was Gordon going along with Jai Ying's scheme? Personal loyalty I guess.

Why didn't Gordon just tele-grab Mac, Drop him in the ocean, then teleport back into the room?
    Alternatively, why didn't Gordon get a gun and shoot Mac. Or send in some Ginger Ninjas with guns. They had large numbers of both Guns and Ginger Ninjas. They had a whole aircraft carrier full of guns. When Ginger Ninja duplicated, she made new clothes. Can she not make new guns? If so, why not have a pile of guns for her duplicates to carry.

A sniper round, from that distance, would have punched clean through the chair and Bobbie to hit Hunter.

Then Thoughts
    Spoiler
    Show

A+ episode in my mind. As much as AoS drags and stumbles, it really knows how to hit those big moments.

Confirmed that Ward killed the dogs. They're setting Ward up as a big bad, which I like. Ever since he grew that stubble (I see you there TV Tropes), he's had plenty of charisma for a main villain. I hope they don't make his motivation "REVENGE ON SHIELD FOR KILLING MY GIRLFRIEND...WHO I KILLED"

But yeah. An excellent show. The Fish Oil is probably there as a Civil War setup. Random Inhumans will activate around the world (Does the fish-oil process make it non-lethal to humans now? Otherwise you'd think they would perform a recall) so there can be plenty of "PERSON HAS POWERZ NOW!" going on.

As for Simmons. If she's dead, it's what I call a "Whedon Death". Drama for the sake of drama, no dignity or anything for the characters. The other characters do what they would have done anyway, but now they're sad. If she's not dead, then that's comic books.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]