New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D IV: Oh, the Inhumanity!

Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Speaking of Charismatic Villains, points to Agents of SHIELD for having everybody remember that Ward is terrible. Unlike Arrow, which keeps finding reasons to have an unapologetic mass murderer hang around with the heroes.
    Spoiler: unapologetic mass murderers buddying with heroes
    Show
    Let's not forget Once Upon a Time. It seems that unapologetic mass murderers as allies is in.

Of course, TAHITI protocol gives SHIELD a way out with Ward, but it will never happen. Ward is far more awesome as a villain than he ever was in Season 1.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    It would have been awesome if the writers had put as much thought into it as you guys do.
    The laws of physics are not crying in a corner, they are bawling in the forums.

Thanks to half-halfling for the avatar

2. - Top - End - #182
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Joran View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Regarding Simmons: I think Fitz accidentally jostled the handle and cracked open the door.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I can't believe that container was so feeble. While narrative law demanded that dangerous alien thing X would break out of containment at some point - and thus SHIELD would have to fumble somehow - I just can't see Fitz's nervous I-don't-know-what-to-do-with-my-hands gestures as being sufficient. I mean, correct me if I'm wrong, but the true purpose behind that aircraft carrier was to isolate that stone thing from land - and likely why Fury had prearranged agents to be sent in to pull the self destruct if they were compromised. So I doubt they skimped too much on the cell for the specimen itself.

I suspect the implication will be that the Kree rock thing had been gradually increasing in power due to the relative proximity of Inhumans, and been working at destabilizing its prison to... do whatever Kree Rock things do.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kitten Champion View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I can't believe that container was so feeble. While narrative law demanded that dangerous alien thing X would break out of containment at some point - and thus SHIELD would have to fumble somehow - I just can't see Fitz's nervous I-don't-know-what-to-do-with-my-hands gestures as being sufficient. I mean, correct me if I'm wrong, but the true purpose behind that aircraft carrier was to isolate that stone thing from land - and likely why Fury had prearranged agents to be sent in to pull the self destruct if they were compromised. So I doubt they skimped too much on the cell for the specimen itself.

I suspect the implication will be that the Kree rock thing had been gradually increasing in power due to the relative proximity of Inhumans, and been working at destabilizing its prison to... do whatever Kree Rock things do.
    Spoiler
    Show
    To nom on any nearby scientists? And maybe turn them into Captain Marvel, as the theories seem to be suggesting?
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

4. - Top - End - #184
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    My take on it was that the rock could have broken out any time it wanted to. It was clear that it was sentient, but I don't think it had encountered Inhumans before they took the ship. So it realized it was time to get out, waited for an opportunity to get someone alone (or maybe specifically wanted Simmons?) and then went for it. SHIELD had it contained, but it only remained that way because it didn't have a reason to get out yet.

Just a guess on my part. Either way, it was awesome and I can't wait to see how it turns out.

And my nomination for best quote of the episode:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "This is me calm, Phil"

5. - Top - End - #185
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    To nom on any nearby scientists? And maybe turn them into Captain Marvel, as the theories seem to be suggesting?
    Spoiler
    Show
    While there was some speculation regarding Skye turning out to be Her prior to the announcement of the movie and after the Guest House reveal that I could half-believe as plausible, right now I'm certain that Captain Marvel will be Carol Danvers whenever they choose to introduce her. In much the same way they wouldn't have gone with whoever to be Iron Man.

Though really, this would be a great way to handle her origin story. Ultimate Carol Danvers was a high ranking member and sometimes leader of SHIELD - which fit with her original profession in the 616 universe as Air Force intelligence and security during the early space program in the 60's - and making the Captain Marvel character a normal human modified to be an anti-Inhuman weapon through a Kree artifact would be a cool way to position her in the present Inhuman-focused continuity while not being too dissimilar to her comic book origin.
    Last edited by Kitten Champion; 2015-05-14 at 09:34 PM.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Titan in the Playground

Hey Zodiac, it seems Brett Dalton himself agrees with you!

Spoiler: Ward
    Show
    In the interview found here with the actor, Dalton does basically go on record saying that Ward will be the Big Bad of Season 3. Just putting that one out there. But if you read through, when asked about the possibility of Ward dying, he has this to say: "I would much rather have him come to end in an interesting way rather than have him just be a fixture on the show that is just kind of there." Based on everything he says in the interview, my bet is on him becoming even more ruthless in the next season, shedding most of his moral ambiguity in service to "closure", and doing lots of damage to Team Coulson before they go in for Ward's endgame.

So basically, I'm excited. I've wanted to see him become an out-and-out villain for a while, and "S.O.S" was a good step in that direction, showing just how ruthless and cold he can be. If you go and re-watch "Ragtag", you'll see that he really doesn't enjoy dropping Fitz-Simmons into the ocean. And here, he really enjoys torturing Bobbi. One of the biggest complaints about the MCU is that its villain game is fairly lacklustre. And yet, the small screen villains seem to be the best ones, and I doubt Ward will be an exception.
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2015-05-14 at 09:39 PM.
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

7. - Top - End - #187
    Troll in the Playground

Before I begin, I just want to say that last episode was 11 out of 10!

Spoiler
    Show

Considering that point...I think its time to reveal a few of the many and enormous crimes against logic that bothered me after watching:

Spoiler: Vampire plot has no foreshadow
    Show
    Once again, we get an evil villain that gave absolutely no indications of being such until it happened. Was the actress also not told? Yes, it was awesome when she killed Gonzales out of nowhere like that but still...

Seriously, looking back, I don't think there was any indications that suggest Jiaying was evil and saw human life as cheap even in retrospect. Unless you count the Season One bit where Skye parents were said to be evil...but who said that again?

Spoiler: The way to deal with a monster is with love!
    Show
    Coulson...standing right up Cal just as he goes Mr. Hyde, narrowly dodging a flying roof, and then continuing to talk smoothly right as googly eyes does the zombie walk right up to Coulson and...joins the team. Dramatic, yes, a sound strategy for dealing with an abused lover and mass murderer on extreme drugs whose counter-indications include loss of humanity...probably not.

Spoiler: Send your most trusted asset on a suicide mission as a distraction!
    Show
    Aside from the fact that I'm not sure what secret-evil-Jiaying was thinking when she sent Cal away in the earlier episode (seriously, she didn't appear to have any sort of evil plot except to continue to have the Inhumans live alone and remain hidden). Her use of Cal here was rather poor...on the other hand I think it would be in character for evil-Jiaying to send her human husband away to die, and it was his idea after all...

Spoiler: The way to a woman's heart is to become her tool
    Show
    Seriously dad...seriously? I knew you were insane, but that logic is beyond crazy

Those are just a few of the worse ones...please feel free to add to the list.
    It would have been awesome if the writers had put as much thought into it as you guys do.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Colossus in the Playground

Everything Jiaying makes sense if you understand where she's coming from.
    Spoiler
    Show
    She spent her entire life hiding in secret from everyone. Just a "regular human being". Except that those in charge knew she was important, and force fed her humans through her power to keep her alive. She wanted to die.

And here comes the Kraken, and he fulfills her wish...in the most excrutiating way possible. Assuming she's still somewhat conscious during this, she's likely aware her daughter is in danger as well, which crushes her emotionally. Then Cal puts her back together. But her power, plus his surgical skill, can only repair the flesh. The mind is broken beyond repair, and from this point on she becomes basically a monster. She has only one desire, to make her Inhumans safe and alone, so that they never get torn to pieces like she was.

Cal doing what he does makes sense because he truly, truly loved her. He was also broken as well, imagining seeing your most beloved person in the world literally torn apart in front of you, laying in a ditch. Your daughter is missing, presumably gone to the same fate. Cal was broken enough to put her back together through stitching, and hoping her power would bring her back.

I you look closely, you can see bits in the previous episodes before she kills Gonzalos that hint to this. She treats Cal so nicely when it served to show Skye how great and happy the InHumans were, but remember that she had Gordan threaten his life. Trap him in a locked building until she could "deal" with him. She sold him to Shield so that he could, as we learned later, "kill as many Shield agents as he could." Remember also that, Cal established quite readily that the first thing he did after seeing her body was stitch her back together. So it's clear, since we know that a monster descended upon the village that was holding Skye originally, that that has to have happened AFTER fixing up Jiaying. Which is a further hint about her ordering Cal to do that, and feasting on the dead. It'd also explain why the reactions to this massacre where so intense. A single man killing a bunch of people is crazy, to be sure, but it wouldn't be anything more then a bunch of dead bodies. The way it was described, they where ripped to shreds, which is something I can see Jiaying's power doing if she went full throttle.

Jiayang is a very interesting villain, and if she had lived she'd make a good Magneto. But I'm glad she has died because it closes an arc, and closes it very well. It turns out that yeah, Cal is the better parent of the two. He's not as crazy as he seemed. So much in love, and a little broken enough to consider it, he became a weapon for her to use. It's pretty heavy.

9. - Top - End - #189

All I can say about this episode is 'Wow did they step it up a notch' and 'Wish I had taken that bet with the guy who thought they were grooming Kara to be the MCU Madame Masque'.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

@Reddish:

Spoiler
    Show
    Third or fourth time i've said this but when Skye complains about the damage Cal will do out in the world if let loose Jiayang explicitly states she doesn't care because they're not inhuman's. Not her responsibility.

@Kato:

Spoiler
    Show
    No your not the only one seriously put off by Kara's death. However unavoidable and justifiable her getting captured may be SHIELD was clearly ina position to do something about it if they really wanted which dumps primary responsibility for what happened squarely on them. Then when as a result of their mess she becomes incovninant they kill her off. What The Actual **** Guys.

11. - Top - End - #191

Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post

Then Thoughts
    Spoiler
    Show

Confirmed that Ward killed the dogs. They're setting Ward up as a big bad, which I like. Ever since he grew that stubble (I see you there TV Tropes), he's had plenty of charisma for a main villain. I hope they don't make his motivation "REVENGE ON SHIELD FOR KILLING MY GIRLFRIEND...WHO I KILLED"
    Show
    The one thing we know about Grant Ward is that he will always find somebody else to blame. So I think him getting revenge on Shield for 'killing' his girlfriend makes perfect sense.

On that note, there are still people out there who think Ward is a good guy deep down, that he will or at least should be redeemed and end up with Skye in the end. I'm a little concerned for these people at this point. (Actually I'm mostly annoyed, since I've seen them complaining that he was out of character and the result of poor writing. No, it's the result of you completely ignoring his canon actions in favor of your personal pet theory.)

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Reddish Mage View Post
    Spoiler: The way to deal with a monster is with love!
    Show
    Coulson...standing right up Cal just as he goes Mr. Hyde, narrowly dodging a flying roof, and then continuing to talk smoothly right as googly eyes does the zombie walk right up to Coulson and...joins the team. Dramatic, yes, a sound strategy for dealing with an abused lover and mass murderer on extreme drugs whose counter-indications include loss of humanity...probably not.
    Spoiler: Love love
    Show
    Logical or not, that's the Coulson I'm here to watch. That ludicrous idealism is what makes him one of my heroes; even if Cal had torn him apart I'd approve of Coulson's trying to talk him down.

That the show is willing to reward that idealism is just the icing on the cake.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by theNater View Post
    Show
    Logical or not, that's the Coulson I'm here to watch. That ludicrous idealism is what makes him one of my heroes; even if Cal had torn him apart I'd approve of Coulson's trying to talk him down.

I'd go one further.. that ludicrous idealism is what made him the new director and the heart of the Avengers (and one of them) according to Fury, and is the reason for TAHITI and, ultimately, for the show.. On a more practical side, had it not worked, Coulson could always have thrown a handgrenade in Cal's face.

Show
    I think this season has gone a long way to demonstrate that he's a complete sociopath who will just espouse any random cause (HYDRA, 33's revenge, his own butt-hurt), to channel his desire for creative violence and blame it on someone else. The only one left to believe in his penchant for murder being means to an end and not the end itself is he himself. I think there's a good chance he'll go the way of a cackling villain next season.

Spoiler: the black stone
    Show
    seriously, guys.. to the best of our knowledge, it's made at least on a structural level, of stone that has the capacity to turn liquid and, by the looks of it, is also sentient or it wouldn't attack anybody. why is it so surprising that it could simply brute-force its way out of a box that was never designed to contain it in the first place, but rather to keep others from getting anywhere near it? it's made of glass and/or plastic, for pete's sake! the closest analogy I can find with what that thing is, structurally, is cold lava with probably a bunch of weird metal components to it... thinking of it that way, I have 0 problems with it being able to operate a door.
    I do believe it is sentient because it very clearly picked a time to act when its prey was alone. I think that the choice of time of action was determined by the upcoming cod liver oil epidemic. I also doubt that whatever safety measures were taken towards the Stone doing something new other than going goopy once in a while, did account for it being sentient and hungry.

"but mommy, I don't want to eat the yucky pill"
    "don't argue Timmy, who knows you might gain superpowers from it"
    "I'll have two then"
    didn't they use Popey to make kids eat spinach, back in the day?
    Last edited by dehro; 2015-05-15 at 03:15 AM.
    All hail Smutmulch for crafting my avatar!
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    Cursed zombies are more realistic.
    Spoiler: siggatar and previous avatars.
    Show

the Badass Monkby Avi. Aktarus by Chd. Dehro by Wojiz

14. - Top - End - #194
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Its all a matter of how swiftly the crystals dissolve in water, if its done in 2-3 hours then they would be long gone before anyone got a chance to go fishing for them.

As for the killing part then someone else already commented on it. all it takes is for the diviner metal to be less sollutable than the crystals to seperate the mix, and the fish would get the dose of "turn people into inhumans" but not the petrifying part.
    Hm, it seems to me it took a good bit more than 2-3 hours, but I guess they didn't display it properly.

Though, I'll admit to my lacking understanding of the crystals makeup, so maybe it really depends on the distinction between the crystal and the metal.

Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    Based on everything he says in the interview, my bet is on him becoming even more ruthless in the next season, shedding most of his moral ambiguity in service to "closure", and doing lots of damage to Team Coulson before they go in for Ward's endgame.
    Moral ambiguity? The last of that was when he gave 33 up to SHIELD which actually was just a ploy. He hasn't had any ambiguity for weeks.

Show

Idealism is okay at times but... Coulson doesn't just trust in Cal. He makes sure Cal can't move while talking him down and then he relies on his people skills, to know Cal is honest. If it was just pure idealism I don't think I'd have liked it.
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Hm, it seems to me it took a good bit more than 2-3 hours, but I guess they didn't display it properly.

Though, I'll admit to my lacking understanding of the crystals makeup, so maybe it really depends on the distinction between the crystal and the metal.
    let's face it.. for all we know, the metal side of the diviners comes apart in salt water at the right temperature.
    Last edited by dehro; 2015-05-15 at 03:14 AM.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Random point but why are we assuming diviner metal won't dust fish as well as it does humans?

17. - Top - End - #197
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Idealism is okay at times but... Coulson doesn't just trust in Cal. He makes sure Cal can't move while talking him down and then he relies on his people skills, to know Cal is honest. If it was just pure idealism I don't think I'd have liked it.
    Not pure idealism exactly, rather a calculated risk with a generously optimistic outlook on its success. Even if Coulson was confident he could talk Cal down, which at this point I wouldn't say was unreasonable, he certainly kept rolling the dice by actually bringing Cal on the mission with his team. There are so many ways that could have gone wrong for everyone.

In general, Coulson tends to go with his gut feelings and runs SHIELD not entirely unlike a small family-owned business.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Titan in the Playground

let's face it.. for all we know, the metal side of the diviners comes apart in salt water at the right temperature.
    Indeed, the way these things act already throws most laws of physich and chemistry out the window.

But it is very believeable that the crystals could manage to dissolve before anyone has the time to calculate where the **** the crystals were lost and send a submarine to that location, especially with all the other things going on.

And if the Mist and the Diviner had not been seperated then the fish should have been turned into stone instead of Super power pills.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

19. - Top - End - #199
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dehro View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm a sales rep... when I go to a prospective client, I have a pricelist and a discretionary percentage of discount I can offer... besides the discount, there are further options to sweaten the deal and a host of reasons I can bring to the table why it would be of mutual interest to make said deal.
    I open the transaction handing over the pricelist.. the buyer says he wants 50% discount.. then we go back and forth until we agree on what the discount will be.
    Gonzales came in with what was a reasonable argument to why he gave the full pricelist. If both parties had wanted a transaction/agreement, Jiaying would have countered saying "we don't like it.. it would be best if you just left us all alone".. and then both parties could have taken stock and revised their proposals until they either found an agreement or agreed that an agreement couldn't be reached. Sometime along the back and forth, one or both parties could have decided to go for a more direct approach.
    Jiaying nuked his face instead of considering the proposal, and given how she'd juiced up Cal well before the quinnjets landed, it is clear that she was dealing in bad faith. but then, we already knew she would, because if her strategy had not been planned well in advance and her decision had not already been made, Raina could never have foreseen the course events would have taken
    Spoiler: War is Negotiation by Other Means
    Show
    In sales, you are meeting with a client that wants your product or service and you want to sell it, the only thing to argue is price. In this case Jiaying didn't want anything Gonzales had to offer, and Gonzales is making his proposal under an implicit threat of force. The cases are fundamentally different.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reddish Mage View Post
    Spoiler: War is Negotiation by Other Means
    Show
    In sales, you are meeting with a client that wants your product or service and you want to sell it, the only thing to argue is price.
    I wish that was the case... in sales you're just as often arguing with people that don't have particular interest in your product, and argumenting that they should and why, and when you get them to that point, why they shouldn't go to a competitor.
    The cases may be different, but the process is pretty much the same. It's also the basis on which any new diplomatic relationship builds.
    Show

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Not even that, we had the main character of a show, a Psuedo Super Hero show, NOT USE VIOLENCE to solve a situation, we in 2015 where the two biggest shows of the Decade are about an Anti-Hero trying to live in Zombie Land, and a Teacher who slowly slides from "Good" guy to "Drug Kingpin" during this same time we have a show where the Main character takes the time and the chance to talk to his enemy, to understand the angry man infront of him and help him.

That is what Goodguys, real good guys do, for all of the big action moments in all the movies that one scene might just be the single BEST moment of "Comic Book Heroism" in all of the MCU.

If Coulson makes it to Avengers Infinity War...you know what would be a GREAT twist on all expectations. Instead of Captain America picking up Thor's hammer...what if Phil "Agent" Coulson did it instead, of course he would say..."I know what this does" when he picks it up.
    Last edited by ryuplaneswalker; 2015-05-15 at 07:57 AM.

22. - Top - End - #202

Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Coulson's a Bioware protagonist. He'll talk you to death, but damn if he doesn't have a pile of guns behind him just in case.

But yeah, like Ryu just said. This is our hero, one of our main characters, solving a problem not through violence, but actually being a nice, understanding guy. That's just more of how Marvel does things. It's got dark plots, but it has heroes that are still good people. Yeah, Daredevil has the conflicted "one bad day from becoming Punisher" main character, with his brutal fighting, but that's a different genre of show entirely. Which is another thing the MCU as a whole has done really well, giving everything it's own genre. It's not just "a super hero movie" or "Super hero show". It's a show with super heroes, genre dependent on the show or movie in question.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: Alien Rock thingy security system
    Show
    Narrative law demands it, but it's kind of stupid. Fitz does jostle the cage and right before she gets sucked in, Simmons sighs and we see that the door is slightly ajar. Then the rock liquefies and sucks her in, leaving the door wide open.

Even if SHIELD didn't know the rock could liquefy (and my guess is that it only liquefies in the presence of Inhumans... ergo Simmons might be Inhuman), you'd think they would have at least put a combo lock on it to prevent random people from opening it.
    Last edited by Joran; 2015-05-15 at 10:15 AM.

24. - Top - End - #204

Spoiler: Cal and Jiaying
    Show

So what is it that cal actually did when he pulled Jiaying away from Skye? His dialogue seemed to imply that it was more than just pulling her off, but I didn't get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Show

So what is it that cal actually did when he pulled Jiaying away from Skye? His dialogue seemed to imply that it was more than just pulling her off, but I didn't get it.
    Spoiler: Cal and Jaiyang
    Show
    I believe he first broke her neck, causing her to lose her grip on Skye. and then crushed her chest with a hug to kill her. It was a brutal way to go, but quick and not visibly gory, giving him just enough time say a few final words to her without screwing Skye up any more than necessary. I'd note, however, that Jaiyang has already come from absolute dead status once.

Spoiler: Cal
    Show
    May I just say I adore what they did with Cal in this finale? Cal is stable because his instability was tied to his imperfect serums - once he has the adrenal supplement added to it, he becomes oddly more stable, despite the increase in hostility. The perfected serum is why he was able to be talked to, I think. Having him break free and then ask to help was a great touch, as he is at that point completely able to butcher Coulson and instead sees that they share a common purpose. No manipulation, no deception, just revelation and cooperation. And yes, it is great to have a show where non-violent solutions are actually attempted and sometimes even successful. Coulson may have run him down in a SUV, but that was only ever meant to inconvenience him enough to get a few words out. I've said before that Kyle MacLachlan was doing an excellent job with Cal, but this conclusion would have never worked without a consistently brilliant and carefully nuanced performance by the actor. My only regret is that he's presumably out of the story now, as he was so much fun to watch.
    Spoiler: My inventory:
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Jammy Dodger (I was promised tea)
    1 Godwin Point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairos Theodosian
    It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Show

Spoiler: Dialogue
    Show
    In a nutshell, Cal was talking to Skye and saying that she didn't have to carry the burden of killing her own mother. He killed Jiaying because she needed to be killed, and he didn't want Skye to have to live with that trauma.

I like Cal. He's one of the better written tragic villains I've seen in a little while, although his transformation in "S.O.S. Part One" was a little bit silly looking, and to my mind, undercut his character a little bit. They could have gone the horror angle, but they didn't and decided to bare everything. While that makes him less creepy as a villain, it ultimately makes him more relatable.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

27. - Top - End - #207

Quote Originally Posted by Calemyr View Post
    Show
    I believe he first broke her neck, causing her to lose her grip on Skye. and then crushed her chest with a hug to kill her.
    Ah, I didn't notice that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

28. - Top - End - #208

RogueGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Calemyr View Post
    Show
    I believe he first broke her neck, causing her to lose her grip on Skye. and then crushed her chest with a hug to kill her.
    Minor quibble
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think he snapped her spine instead of crushing her chest. Just a nitpick though.
    R.I.P. Wrecan, he was a true organizer and a gentleman.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Yana View Post
    Minor quibble
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think he snapped her spine instead of crushing her chest. Just a nitpick though.
    Spoiler: Fair point
    Show
    It wasn't shown on screen either way. Just that it was a bone-cracking move that involved her being held off of the ground and didn't visibly disturb Skye beyond the fact that her mother just got killed in front of her. My mind went to the 'death hug' because it just seemed right for a man with intense emotional investment and "inhuman" strength. Come to think of it, though, the shot of her hanging feet do not include Cal's legs, so he'd be holding her away from him. You're probably correct, given that, it's just a little strange that he'd do this in such a detached manner.
    Spoiler: My inventory:
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Jammy Dodger (I was promised tea)
    1 Godwin Point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairos Theodosian
    It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Titan in the Playground

I'd note, however, that Jaiyang has already come from absolute dead status once.
    yes, but last time were with Cal's help, dont think anyone else is going to be allowed to ressurect her this time.

It seems like a slightly unnececary thing to do when he had already snapped her neck though.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar