New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 46 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2136373839404142434445464748495051525354 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 1608
  1. - Top - End - #1351
    Halfling in the Playground

ElfPirate

Default Re: Simple Q&A by RAW for Pathfinder 4

Quote Originally Posted by Kurald Galain View Post
    Q 300 Yes, the slashing grace feat spells this out.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    A300 addendum: You can do this without spending any feats, by combining Effortless Lace + Agile on your longsword.
    So just to confirm, Swashbuckler's Finesse allows you to finesse weapons that would otherwise be unfinessable, provided they meet the requirements?
    EDIT: e.g.: a shortspear or a trident.
    Last edited by Psykenthrope; 2016-07-24 at 01:07 AM.

2. - Top - End - #1352
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Psykenthrope View Post
    So just to confirm, Swashbuckler's Finesse allows you to finesse weapons that would otherwise be unfinessable, provided they meet the requirements?
    EDIT: e.g.: a shortspear or a trident.
    Yes, both of those are finessable by a Swashbuckler as they are 1H piercing.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

3. - Top - End - #1353
    Barbarian in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Metahuman1 View Post
    Q 301: How can a character who has down time improve a raw Int check other then increasing there Int score?

I ask cause I have a feat granting location coming up in a game that I want to use.
    I'm not sure what "feat granting location" is, but the Hypercognition spell might help if your'e the right spellcasting class or can UMD a scroll.

4. - Top - End - #1354
    Dwarf in the Playground

Goblin

Q302:

I have question about Eidolon and his natural attacks. Can Eidolon make attack with all of his Natural Weapons (Slams, Bites, Claws etc.) at full-attack action?
    I saw many answers where people says that he can but in rules I didnt find anything that allows make all the natural attack.

5. - Top - End - #1355
    Ettin in the Playground

A 302 Yes, just keep in mind an Eidolon's Max Attacks, which limits how many your pet has till it gets higher level.
    Goblin Cannon Crew avatar by Vrythas.
    Spoiler
    Show

Gnome Gun Mage avatar by NEO|Phyte
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletmanalive View Post
    Damn you Cieyrin! Cieyrin!!!!!read as Khaaaaan!

My badges! :D
    My Homebrew
    The Gunslinger's Handbook
    Archetype Combo List!

6. - Top - End - #1356
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

A 302 extended
    An Eidolon uses the normal rules for Natural Attacks. Nothing in the Eidolon entry changes this (with the notable exception of the Max Attack limit).
    [retired]

Horribly out of date guide goes here:
    Oradin Guide

7. - Top - End - #1357
    Ettin in the Playground

Not sure if this has been asked and answered, but I Googled and did not find, so here goes.

Q 303

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly Strike
    Deadly Strike (Ex)
    ...The stalker's deadly strike activates whenever the stalker scores a successful*critical hit*against a target, and is active against that target for a number of rounds equal to his*Wisdom*modifier. Deadly strike inflicts extra damage, to only this target creature, on all of the stalker's attacks. This extra damage is 1d6 at 1st level, and increases by 1d6 for every four stalker levels thereafter. When the stalker scores a*critical hit, this extra damage is not multiplied, it is simply added to the damage. If the stalker scores a successful*critical hit*during the time his deadly strike is active, the duration of this ability is extended by one round (no more than one extension can be made per round).
    Does Deadly Strike deal the extra damage initially upon the first crit, or only for successive hits after the crit happens?

Eberron Red Hand of Doom Campaign Journal. NOW COMPLETE!
    Sakuya Izayoi avatar by Mr. Saturn. Caella sig by Neoseph.

"I dunno, you just gave me the image of a nerd flying slow motion over a coffee table towards another nerd, dual wielding massive books. It was awesome." -- Marriclay

8. - Top - End - #1358
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Zone of Silence and verbal spells and command word items

Q 624

Zone of Silence reads:
    By casting zone of silence, you manipulate sound waves in your immediate vicinity so that you and those within the spell's area can converse normally, yet no one outside can hear your voices or any other noises from within, including language-dependent or sonic spell effects. This effect is centered on you and moves with you. Anyone who enters the zone immediately becomes subject to its effects, but those who leave are no longer affected. Note, however, that a successful DC 20 Linguistics check to read lips can still reveal what's said inside a zone of silence.

My question is this - once cast on myself, am I then free to cast verbal component spells, and use magic items requiring command words to be spoken, and expect them all to function normally? (Other than sonic affects or language-based effects as indicated in the spell description). Meaning, if I have greater invisibility and zone of silence both active, no one could pinpoint my location if they are more than 5 feet away from me, and I am free to target them with spells and magic item effects?

9. - Top - End - #1359

A303: Damage is always rolled after an attack is resolved, so the bonus damage should apply to the first successful attack (i.e. the one that triggered it) too.

(Disclaimer: I'm not affiliated with DSP so I can be overruled by an official FAQ from one of their designers.)

A304: Yes - with those two spells up, you'd be very hard to detect (but not impossible) and your spells and items will indeed still function, even those that need command words and verbal components.
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

10. - Top - End - #1360
    Ettin in the Playground

Q 305 Bolt Aces get proficiency in all crossbows, is that according to the Crossbow weapon group, anything that says 'crossbow' in the name, combination of both?

Q 306 Does the Minotaur Double Crossbow interact the same way with Crossbow Mastery as the normal Double Crossbow (i.e. reload both barrels as a move action)?
    Last edited by Cieyrin; 2016-07-26 at 06:26 PM.
    Goblin Cannon Crew avatar by Vrythas.
    Spoiler
    Show

Gnome Gun Mage avatar by NEO|Phyte
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletmanalive View Post
    Damn you Cieyrin! Cieyrin!!!!!read as Khaaaaan!

My badges! :D
    My Homebrew
    The Gunslinger's Handbook
    Archetype Combo List!

11. - Top - End - #1361

A305: Anything that is described as a crossbow. So anything with "crossbow" in its name is a definite yes. A weapon in the crossbow group but without crossbow in its name (e.g. the "Tube Arrow Shooter") would be a GM call I think.

A306: Actually, RAW it's even better than that - you could reload it as a free action. The general rule for Crossbow Mastery is that any type of crossbow becomes a free action to reload; the Double Crossbow then has a specific line overriding this general rule and stating that you need a move action to reload its two 'barrels' instead. The Minotaur Double Crossbow does not have this line, nor does it say it inherits from the regular Double Crossbow.

RAI is likely that they would work identically - 1 move action to reload.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

12. - Top - End - #1362

Q307

Could I cast Virtue 6 times in a row for an extra 10 HP?
    Extended Sig
    Spoiler: Current Games
    Show

13. - Top - End - #1363
    Titan in the Playground

A307 No, temporary hit points don't stack.
    Guide to the Magus, the Pathfinder Gish class.

"I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums. I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that." -- ChubbyRain
    Crystal Shard Studios - Freeware games designed by Kurald and others!

14. - Top - End - #1364

A307 addendum Temporary Hit Points from the same source (e.g. multiple castings of the same spell) do not stack (source: FAQ). So you could cast False Life, getting 7 temporary hp from it, and then cast Virtue for an additional temporary hp and a total of 8 temporary hp.

15. - Top - End - #1365

Q308

Making an animal companion, what does its small size affect stats-wise?
    Extended Sig
    Show

16. - Top - End - #1366

A308: The stats of various animal companions are spelled out for you and already include most effects from size in their stats. Which one are you getting specifically?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

17. - Top - End - #1367

A308: The stats of various animal companions are spelled out for you and already include most effects from size in their stats. Which one are you getting specifically?
    I was just looking at stealth and noticed it got a huge bonus so I just wondered if there were any others I missed.
    Extended Sig
    Show

18. - Top - End - #1368

ElfPirate

Q 309

The unarmed strike is part of the monk weapon group. Does this mean I can pick unarmed strike for use with Ascetic Style?

19. - Top - End - #1369

A308: Here's what size bonuses apply to.
    A309: Unarmed Strike is already an unarmed attack so this won't do anything. What exactly are you trying to accomplish?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

20. - Top - End - #1370

A308: Here's what size bonuses apply to.
    And here are the bonuses/penalties for the various sizes.

21. - Top - End - #1371

ElfPirate

A309: Unarmed Strike is already an unarmed attack so this won't do anything. What exactly are you trying to accomplish?
    Sorry, I forgot to mention that what I'm after is the boosted damage from Ascetic Strike for my ranger.

22. - Top - End - #1372

Quote Originally Posted by Psykenthrope View Post
    Sorry, I forgot to mention that what I'm after is the boosted damage from Ascetic Strike for my ranger.
    Yes, Ascetic Strike will work. Ascetic Style will unfortunately do nothing however, making it a feat tax.

A better option might be to apply Ascetic Strike to an actual weapon, and then take Monastic Legacy to improve your unarmed strike, so you get two boosts instead of one. Say, a ranged monk weapon (e.g. a rope dart) for Ascetic Strike, and then ML your Unarmed Strike for when they come close.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

23. - Top - End - #1373

ElfPirate

Yes, Ascetic Strike will work. Ascetic Style will unfortunately do nothing however, making it a feat tax.

A better option might be to apply Ascetic Strike to an actual weapon, and then take Monastic Legacy to improve your unarmed strike, so you get two boosts instead of one. Say, a ranged monk weapon (e.g. a rope dart) for Ascetic Strike, and then ML your Unarmed Strike for when they come close.
    That would work. Thanks for the tip.

24. - Top - End - #1374

Flumph

Q310: This seemed pretty straight forward to me, but it was relatively specific and I wasn't 100% on it so I thought I'd get a second opinion before I brought it up in play. Does the Phase Locking weapon property and for that matter any similar effects that replicate the effects of a spell require checks to overcome spell resistance from the item in question? I assume spell storing would have to worry about such things, but I wasn't sure about weapon properties that replicate the effects of certain spells without specifying that they "cast" them. I assumed they wouldn't have to up to now, but it's never actually come up in game and I wanted to get out in front of this one before I tried to use it.

25. - Top - End - #1375

A310: The general rule is that "magic items produce spells or spell-like effects" (CRB 459.) Both of those are subject to SR unless otherwise stated; therefore SR should apply to a spell or spell-like effect produced by a magic item. An item has to specifically say its effect is supernatural or extraordinary (or duplicate a spell/SLA that is not subject to SR) to bypass that.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

26. - Top - End - #1376
    Banned

Kobold

Q311: Are there any archetypes or alternate features to switch a bard or skald from spontaneous caster to prepared caster? I could swear bards used to be prepared casters with songbook instead of spellbooks but apparently I'm delusional.

27. - Top - End - #1377
    Bugbear in the Playground

MindFlayer

Q 312:

The rules for being grappled state: "A grappled character who attempts to cast a spell or use a spell-like ability must make a concentration check (DC 10 + grappler's CMB + spell level), or lose the spell."

As written, that sounds to me as though the "grappler's CMB" for this purpose does not benefit from any effects which add specifically to grappling (i.e. Improved Grapple adding a +2 on "checks to grapple a foe"). Am I correct in that interpretation? Because that seems rather ridiculous, that trained grapplers are only as good as untrained grapplers at preventing their targets from spellcasting.

28. - Top - End - #1378

MindFlayer

A311: I don't think so, but there is the Studious Librarian archetype in Inner Sea Intrigue that gives you this ability that gives a limited ability to cast off-list spells from scrolls or spellbooks:
    Comparative Arcane Studies (Su): At 6th level, the studious librarian is exposed to a wide variety of magical writing, and can use his own magic to duplicate spells from other classes’ spell lists. Once per day, a studious librarian can cast any spell from the bard, sorcerer/ wizard, or witch spell lists from a scroll or spellbook in hand as if it were one of his bard spells known, expending a bard spell slot of the same spell level to cast the desired spell. Casting a spell from a scroll this way does not cause the spell to vanish from the scroll. A spell cast in this way cannot be modified by metamagic. The studious librarian gains one additional daily use of this ability at 10th level and again every 4 bard levels thereafter, to a maximum of four times per day at 18th level.
    This ability replaces suggestion and jack-of-all-trades.
    It's better than prepared casting in the sense that you don't give up your regular spells known flexibility and can cast off some better spell lists, but obviously the limit per day is pretty harsh.

29. - Top - End - #1379

A311 add.: I'm not aware of any either - your better bet might be to add bardic performance or similar abilities to a prepared class, e.g. Arcanist VMC Bard.

A312: "Grappler's CMB" means their CMB when grappling. So bonuses to grapple are added as those would modify their CMB.
    Last edited by Psyren; 2016-08-02 at 09:53 AM.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

30. - Top - End - #1380

Flumph

Q313: Can powers made permanent by Incarnate be augmented? If so, does this increase their minimum manifester level for determining their cost to Incarnate?