New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 54 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Banned

Default Re: Simple Q&A by RAW for Pathfinder 4

Q309. Hello. I have question. Can i take Barbarian, Unchained barbarian, bloodrager and use their rage at the same time ? Looks like i can, but i am not sure about this.
    Q310. If i am Barbarian and i am raging. And i am multiclassed with skald, can i make Raging Song when i am raging ?

2. - Top - End - #482
    Spamalot in the Playground

A309/A310: No, you can only benefit from one type of rage at a time. In addition, you cannot multiclass Barbarian and Unchained Barbarian on the same character (treat them like alternate classes of each other, similar to Rogue/Ninja.)

A skald's raging song however can be used instead of your own rage rounds and you get the better benefit.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

3. - Top - End - #483
    Banned

Q311 Where can i found accurate rules who say that i can't use Rage,Bloodrage and raging song at the same time ? oO

4. - Top - End - #484

A311: See the "Anger management" FAQ.
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

5. - Top - End - #485
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JDL View Post
    A 307

Transformative weapons, per the SRD, can be resized to any comparable weapon of another size category (i.e: small greatsword -> medium longsword -> large shortsword). This costs a flat 10,000 gp to add this to a magic weapon.

Magic items, per the SRD rules for Size and Magic Items, resize to fit their wearer unless other specific text overrides this, such as the rules for alternate forms. Thus all magic items with the exception of armor or weapons can be considered to remain functional and the correct size when in hybrid form.
    A 307 Addendum Transformative doesn't resize, it just changes the weapon's shape, like a Small Greataxe becoming a Medium Flail, it can't change a Small Greataxe to a Medium Greataxe.
    Resizing and Fitting, from the Giant Hunter's Handbook, automatically resize weapons and armor when you change size, like if you shift into a larger hybrid form or you use Evolutionary Surge on an eidolon to grant it the Large evolution so its weapon also grows with it.
    Goblin Cannon Crew avatar by Vrythas.
    Spoiler
    Show

Gnome Gun Mage avatar by NEO|Phyte
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletmanalive View Post
    Damn you Cieyrin! Cieyrin!!!!!read as Khaaaaan!

My badges! :D
    My Homebrew
    The Gunslinger's Handbook
    Archetype Combo List!

6. - Top - End - #486
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JDL View Post
    A 307

Transformative weapons, per the SRD, can be resized to any comparable weapon of another size category (i.e: small greatsword -> medium longsword -> large shortsword). This costs a flat 10,000 gp to add this to a magic weapon.

Magic items, per the SRD rules for Size and Magic Items, resize to fit their wearer unless other specific text overrides this, such as the rules for alternate forms. Thus all magic items with the exception of armor or weapons can be considered to remain functional and the correct size when in hybrid form.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cieyrin View Post
    A 307 Addendum Transformative doesn't resize, it just changes the weapon's shape, like a Small Greataxe becoming a Medium Flail, it can't change a Small Greataxe to a Medium Greataxe.
    Resizing and Fitting, from the Giant Hunter's Handbook, automatically resize weapons and armor when you change size, like if you shift into a larger hybrid form or you use Evolutionary Surge on an eidolon to grant it the Large evolution so its weapon also grows with it.
    Thank you both! I think both resizing and fitting will do quite nicely. Thank you both!

1. Special projects:
    Campaign logs archive, Campaign planning log, Tactical mass combat Homebrew, A unique monsters compendium.
    2. My campaign logs:
    Three from a GM's POV, One from a player's POV. Very detailed, including design and GMing discussions.
    3. Various roleplay and real life musings and anecdotes:
    For those interested, from serious to funny!

Thanks for reading!

7. - Top - End - #487
    Ogre in the Playground

Q312. Can Half-Elves with Ancestral Arms take Exotic Weapon Proficiency with their bonus feat even if their class isn't full BAB?
    There was something here and in the avatar box, and there will eventually be again. I just need to figure out what I want...

8. - Top - End - #488
    Barbarian in the Playground

RangerGuy

A312.

I would say no. It doesn't get the usual line saying "as a bonus feat, even if he does not meet the prerequisites". Lashunta race has a Cavalier archetype and gets free Combat Expertise as a bonus feat, even if he does not meet the prerequisites Tranquil Guardian is an archetype for Aasimar Paladin and they get "At 1st level, a tranquil guardian gains Touch of Serenity as a bonus feat, even if she does not meet the prerequisites." Probably oversight.

See next post for correct answer.
    Last edited by Fenryr; 2015-09-03 at 09:45 PM.
    But the strong man is stronger when alone.

9. - Top - End - #489

A312 correction: As written you do receive the feat no matter what, but if you don't meet the prereqs you simply can't use it. So you'll take non-proficiency penalties as normal until you have +1 BAB, at which point the feat automatically activates. For 3/4 classes this means you wait a level, while 1/2 BAB classes wait two.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

10. - Top - End - #490
    Bugbear in the Playground

Exclamation Re: Simple Q&A by RAW for Pathfinder 4

Somewhat silly RAW question:

Who are all the possible deities a Chaotic Evil cleric could worship?

11. - Top - End - #491

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkMinty View Post
    Somewhat silly RAW question:

Who are all the possible deities a Chaotic Evil cleric could worship?
    A313: There are a lot. I'll stick with the main pantheon (major and minor), but you can go down the whole list yourself, which includes racial/regional deities and other non-deity patrons that grant spells, like the Horsemen and the Lovecraftian Great Old Ones.

Major: Calistria, Gorum, Lamashtu, Norgorber, Rovagug, Urgathoa
    Minor: Ahriman, Alazhra, Arazni, Besmara, Camazotz, Dahak (Tiamat analogue), Ghlaunder, Groetus, Gyronna, Hanspur, Kitumu, Ydersius
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

12. - Top - End - #492
    Ogre in the Playground

Q314

I am playing a size Large gunslinger. The rules say I can use a siege firearm as a two-handed firearm.
    The size of a firearm never affects how many hands you need to use to shoot it, the exception being siege firearms and Large or larger creatures. In most cases, a Large or larger creature can use a siege firearm as a two-handed firearm, but the creature takes a –4 penalty for using it this way because of its awkwardness.
    Does this mean a cannon would follow all rules for a two handed firearm while wielded by a large creature? Mostly, would it affect the load time?
    Last edited by zabbarot; 2015-09-05 at 10:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by lt_murgen View Post
    Exploratory expeditions expeditiously expediting exploration would be epicurially equipped.

13. - Top - End - #493
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateGuy

Q315
    As a beastmorph alchemist you gain abilities specified in the Beast Shape line of spells.
    At 10th level, a beastmorph’s mutagen grants him three of the abilities listed in the beast shape II spell, which persist as long as the mutagen. He may select three different abilities each time he creates a mutagen.
    The monster trip ability says
    A creature with the trip special attack can attempt to trip its opponent as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity if it hits with the specified attack. If the attempt fails, the creature is not tripped in return.
    With feral mutagen i gain a bite and two claw attacks. If i choose the trip ability from beast shape, does trip apply to all of my natural attacks, or do i specify? If i specify claw does it apply to both claw attacks or only one?
    Last edited by aza9999; 2015-09-05 at 08:00 PM.

14. - Top - End - #494

Q316 Mask of a Thousand Tomes give blindness. Arachnid Goggles grant all-around vision.

What happens if I put on the two magic items?

15. - Top - End - #495
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

A316 Definitely a RAW answer, as reasonable interpretations are bound to vary.

Blinded says "you cannot see", All Around Vision does not negate being Blinded. So you cannot see in all directions at once. Having multiple blind eyes still means you are blind.
    But, strictly RAW, you would be Immune to being Flanked.
    But note that Blinded also comes with "lose DEX to AC", so you are still vulnerable to Sneak Attacks and such.
    [retired]

Horribly out of date guide goes here:
    Oradin Guide

16. - Top - End - #496
    Ogre in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Q 317

Assuming I can cast Dimension Door for the prerequisites, does Dimensional Agility work with the Teleportation subschool's Shift power?

17. - Top - End - #497
    Ettin in the Playground

Q318

If a character takes a move action and then uses a standert action to cast a spell with a duration of "1 round" on themselves, when exactly would the spell effect end? At the beginning of the character's next turn? After either standart or a move action next turn? At the end of the next turn?

Q318b

Would the answer be different if the character first casts and then moves?
    Tome of Radiance, a Magical Girl sourcebook for 3.5/PF.

"Jamie" is fine. TH is mostly there to make sure the name would be free on any forum I'd want to register :-)

Extended signature

18. - Top - End - #498

A318
    At the beginning of the character's next turn, in either case.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Combat Round
    Effects that last a certain number of rounds end just before the same initiative count that they began on.

19. - Top - End - #499

A314: The "in most cases" clause more or less means it's a GM call, but I'd say yes. Looking at the Ballista entry for example:

Ballista: A ballista is essentially a Huge heavy crossbow fixed in place. Its size makes it hard for most creatures to aim it. Thus, a Medium creature takes a –4 penalty on attack rolls when using a ballista, and a Small creature takes a –6 penalty. It takes a creature smaller than Large two full-round actions to reload the ballista after firing.
    The wording suggests that Large or larger creatures don't take two full-round actions to reload the ballista, i.e. that they treat it just like a normal crossbow. So I would extrapolate that ruling to the other siege weapons as well.

A315: As written you would get to apply the abilities to any of those natural attacks. You're not mimicking a specific creature so you have more leeway, and paying both an archetype and a discovery for that freedom seems a fair price.

A317: This one is definitely a GM call. On one hand it works like Dimension Door, on the other hand it is not Dimension Door. I'd personally allow it but I can't say that is RAW.

A318a/b: It ends on the beginning of your next initiative count (turn) no matter what other actions you take the preceding round and in what order. Rounds are not subdivided into actions for the purposes of duration the way you're thinking. (CRB 178)
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

20. - Top - End - #500

Q319: Can someone please explain to me how the second paragraph is supposed to work?

Shooting or Throwing into a Melee: If you shoot or throw a ranged weapon at a target engaged in melee with a friendly character, you take a –4 penalty on your attack roll. Two characters are engaged in melee if they are enemies of each other and either threatens the other. (An unconscious or otherwise immobilized character is not considered engaged unless he is actually being attacked.)

If your target (or the part of your target you're aiming at, if it's a big target) is at least 10 feet away from the nearest friendly character, you can avoid the –4 penalty, even if the creature you're aiming at is engaged in melee with a friendly character.

21. - Top - End - #501

A319: it basically means that if the enemy in question has 10ft. reach or more, they are far enough away from your ally to be shot without penalty, even though they are technically "in melee" with your ally still.

The penalty is meant to apply to shooting enemies who are adjacent to allies.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

22. - Top - End - #502
    Titan in the Playground

Q320 Is there a feat or item that lets you take an Inquisition?
    Guide to the Magus, the Pathfinder Gish class.

"I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums. I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that." -- ChubbyRain
    Crystal Shard Studios - Freeware games designed by Kurald and others!

23. - Top - End - #503

A320 You can take an inquisition any time you would get a domain, such as with VMC Cleric.

24. - Top - End - #504
    Titan in the Playground

Yes, but that wasn't my question.

Q321 Is there a feat or item that lets you take an Inquisition?

"I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums. I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that." -- ChubbyRain

25. - Top - End - #505

A321: Not that I know of. The only way to get a domain in PF is via the class feature, and thus that's the only way to get an Inquisition.

If 3.5 material is allowed you can get Domain Draughts from MiC and use them to pick up domain and inquisition powers, but that's all that comes to mind.

VMC is relevant simply because if you have feats to spare, you can spend 5 to get a domain that way.
    Last edited by Psyren; 2015-09-09 at 09:13 AM.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

26. - Top - End - #506
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Q322

The new psychic magic from Occult Adventures features the new emotion components for psychic spells.

Could a creature incapable of feeling emotion, such as an android, cast psychic spells with emotion components?

27. - Top - End - #507

A322: It's a bit up in the air. During the playtest Mark Seifter emphatically said no, but there has been no reaffirming of this stance since release just yet.

Regardless of which way they fall though, Androids are safe - they are a feat tax away from being psychics even if they can't normally provide E components.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

28. - Top - End - #508
    Ettin in the Playground

DruidGuy

Q323
    "Grit, luck, and panache represent three different means by which heroes can gain access to the same heroic pool"

Which class gives "luck"? There are so many things in PF labeled luck I can't find it.

29. - Top - End - #509

A323: Its primarily a reference to the Sleuth, which debuted in the same book where that rule was written (ACG). I think that right now it's the only "luck-user", though we could end up with more in future.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

30. - Top - End - #510
    Titan in the Playground

Q324: Does the exommunication inquisition's level-1 silence touch ability give a saving throw? Or is the touch attack sufficient?