New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 54 FirstFirst 123456789101112132853 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Barbarian in the Playground

RangerGuy

Default Re: Simple Q&A by RAW for Pathfinder 4

A37

According to this Numeria is located within Avistan. And Avistan is is a continent on the world of Golarion.
    Last edited by Fenryr; 2015-05-26 at 12:46 PM.
    But the strong man is stronger when alone.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Spamalot in the Playground

A36: Given the way the FAQ is worded - i.e. an ability score is now considered a bonus type - it would seem that these would not stack, just like a competence bonus from your class feature and someone else's both affecting you would not stack. But this is definitely not clear so be sure to check with your GM. (Note that the competence bonus from Weal's Champion would stack with the other paladin's smite though.)

A37: Yes, Numeria is a distinct sovereign nation within Golarion; its capital is Starfall, and you can guess where the name came from. You can read more about it in ISWG pg. 142 and in APs like Iron Gods.
    Last edited by Psyren; 2015-05-26 at 12:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

3. - Top - End - #63
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    A36: Given the way the FAQ is worded - i.e. an ability score is now considered a bonus type - it would seem that these would not stack, just like a competence bonus from your class feature and someone else's both affecting you would not stack. But this is definitely not clear so be sure to check with your GM.
    A36a: The To-Hit bonuses shouldn't stack due to the FAQ, they are both "CHA bonus".
    But the "(1/2) Paladin level to damage" is not an ability score and is untyped, so it should stack.
    Last edited by grarrrg; 2015-05-27 at 03:08 AM.
    [retired]

Horribly out of date guide goes here:
    Oradin Guide

4. - Top - End - #64
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

Q38
    Hello. I have a question about Agile Tongue (Grippli) feat. I would like to know what action it would be to take my weapon that I already have in my hands into my tongue? Switching weapon from one hand to another would take a free action, but in this case i am not sure.
    Last edited by rufferv2k; 2015-05-27 at 07:57 AM.

5. - Top - End - #65

A38: Unfortunately this isn't clear, but I personally don't see a problem with it, so long as the item in question meets your tongue's weight limit.
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

6. - Top - End - #66
    Banned

Q39
    Question about Rogue Vexing Dodger. For example, i am climbing a big tough guy. And he wants to move. Will i move with him ?
    Q40
    Another question. I am climbing an enemy. He wants to move. If i am moving with him, will he provoke attack of opportunity.
    Q41
    If i am climbing an enemy, will all my weight count in my enemy's carrying capacity ?

7. - Top - End - #67

A39: It's not a grapple, so they can move. Hanging on (to move with him) would likely require you to use the "catch yourself while climbing" action, but this is unfortunately unclear.

A40: If you move with him, he won't ever leave your threatened area and thus never provoke. For him to provoke you would have to stay still.

A41: This is *definitely* unclear. Until the designers weigh in your GM will have to make a ruling. (I would personally say yes.)

As a sidenote, Vexing Dodger is one of those archetypes that I think should just be part of the regular combat system. Anyone agile enough and smaller than their foe should be able to attempt this, though of course the SA dice penalty to hit would be something unique to a rogue.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

Q42: What do you get when you multiply six by nine? A bloodrager with the travel domain (from having a cleric level) casting Cheetah's Sprint moves how fast? Is it (30 x 10) + 20, or (30 + 20) x 10? Or something else?
    Guide to the Magus, the Pathfinder Gish class.

"I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums. I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that." -- ChubbyRain
    Crystal Shard Studios - Freeware games designed by Kurald and others!

9. - Top - End - #69
    Firbolg in the Playground

Q43

A Homunculist Alchemist's homunculus, is it alive? Is it still a Construct? Can it still be an Improved Homunculi?
    Can it be made into a Robot through the Iron Gods adventure path robot constructs rules?
    Last edited by unseenmage; 2015-05-28 at 04:02 PM.

10. - Top - End - #70

A42: It's the latter ([30+20]*10), because the first two increase your base land speed, thus they apply before the spell.

A43: Despite the link on the PFSRD, I think "homunculus" in that entry does not refer to the actual homunculus creature. If it does, the archetype makes no sense. Homunculi aren't alive (no Con score) and they aren't animals or vermin either, they are constructs. I think this archetype is just meant to give you a regular wizard familiar with some interesting fluff on where it came from.
    Last edited by Psyren; 2015-05-28 at 05:14 PM.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

11. - Top - End - #71

DwarfClericGuy

Q44: Is there anything to support pistols and revolvers as being light weapons for TWF purposes?
    Last edited by AnonymousPepper; 2015-05-28 at 04:55 PM.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Dwarf in the Playground

Goblin

Q45:
    Will greatsword with tied wooden staff consider as improvised weapon? How many damage it will deal and will enchantments applies to attack?

13. - Top - End - #73

A44 open: None that I know of, but I'll let someone else who knows more about the firearm rules than I do have a go.

A45a: Well yeah, tying two weapons together sounds pretty improvised
    A45b: Per the improvised weapon rules, you find a similar weapon on the weapons table and use those stats, except it only crits on a 20 and only with a x2 multiplier, and of course you'd take improvised weapon penalties. I'd probably use the stats for a nodachi or bardiche.
    A45c: None - improvised weapons, even existing weapons used in an improvised way, don't get any of their magical bonuses.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

14. - Top - End - #74

A44: The closest you'll get is Effortless Lace on a Dagger Pistol. As the weapon is a double weapon, the lace would only affect your attacks with the dagger portion of the weapon. I haven't even a seen anything 3rd party that will reduce the to-hit penalties when dual-wielding hand guns.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

Q46 An arcanist with an intelligence drained to 10 can no longer cast spells other than cantrips. Does he still get spell slots that he can consume to restore his pool points?
    Guide to the Magus, the Pathfinder Gish class.

"I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums. I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that." -- ChubbyRain
    Crystal Shard Studios - Freeware games designed by Kurald and others!

16. - Top - End - #76
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Q47a: Is there a limit on the number of Collectives a person can be part of outside the limits on the size of a collective?
    Q47b: If there isn't that limit, could a Vitalist and a Tactician be part of one another's Collectives?
    Last edited by Artillery; 2015-05-29 at 10:54 PM.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

A46: You still have spell slots, you may not have "bonus spell slots from a high ability score" though.
    (non-bonus) spell slots are not dependent on an ability score.
    "To learn, prepare, or cast a spell, the _____ must have an Intelligence score equal to at least 10 + the spell level."
    So if you go to bed/wake up at 10 or less, you'll still have spell slots, but they remain empty.
    [retired]

Horribly out of date guide goes here:
    Oradin Guide

18. - Top - End - #78
    Bugbear in the Playground

Griffon

Q48

Can a Sound Striker bard's Weird Words hurt fine and diminutive swarms?

19. - Top - End - #79

A47: As far as I can tell nothing is stopping you from being part of multiple collectives.

A48: No - weird words uses ranged touch attacks, which means each one can only affect a single creature - therefore swarms are immune because effects that target discrete creatures don't work on them.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

20. - Top - End - #80

Q 49:

A 20th level Mongrel Mage Sorcerer has selected the Arcane Bloodline for that day. As a swift action, he spends 5 points from his Mongrel Reservoir to activate the bloodline and get its bloodline powers. This includes the "New Arcana" power.

Can he pick three new spells known for the duration as a swift action every tme he does this?

21. - Top - End - #81

A49: As written, it actually doesn't include the "New Arcana power." This is likely a typo or oversight on their part, but Mongrel Mage only allows you to access the 1st, 3rd, and 7th-level bloodline powers from your bloodline; New Arcana however is a 9th-level power. What's more, no bloodline has a 7th-level power, so you actually get nothing as written.

Now, assuming they meant 9th... most likely, it would work exactly like the Paragon Surge trick that tries to do that same thing with that same bloodline. They FAQed that to have you use the same choices you made the first time you gained the bloodline, and every time you gained the bloodline again that day you'd get the same extra spells you did the first time without being able to swap them out for new ones until the next day. Still useful, but no longer "Schrodinger's Sorcerer."
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

22. - Top - End - #82

A49: Now, assuming they meant 9th... most likely, it would work exactly like the Paragon Surge trick that tries to do that same thing with that same bloodline. They FAQed that to have you use the same choices you made the first time you gained the bloodline, and every time you gained the bloodline again that day you'd get the same extra spells you did the first time without being able to swap them out for new ones until the next day. Still useful, but no longer "Schrodinger's Sorcerer."
    Sigh, you ninjaed me Psyren. I was about to make the same post.

23. - Top - End - #83

A49: As written, it actually doesn't include the "New Arcana power." This is likely a typo or oversight on their part, but Mongrel Mage only allows you to access the 1st, 3rd, and 7th-level bloodline powers from your bloodline; New Arcana however is a 9th-level power. What's more, no bloodline has a 7th-level power, so you actually get nothing as written.

Now, assuming they meant 9th... most likely, it would work exactly like the Paragon Surge trick that tries to do that same thing with that same bloodline. They FAQed that to have you use the same choices you made the first time you gained the bloodline, and every time you gained the bloodline again that day you'd get the same extra spells you did the first time without being able to swap them out for new ones until the next day. Still useful, but no longer "Schrodinger's Sorcerer."
    Thank you. However, while the Mongrel Mages 7th level ability only gives 1st, 3rd and "7th" level bloodline powers, at 20th level they get all bloodline powers. So if the "7th" is a typo, they'll actually be able to do the trick from level 9 on.

24. - Top - End - #84

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Reader View Post
    Thank you. However, while the Mongrel Mages 7th level ability only gives 1st, 3rd and "7th" level bloodline powers, at 20th level they get all bloodline powers. So if the "7th" is a typo, they'll actually be able to do the trick from level 9 on.
    Agreed, I would also let them do it at level 9 for the 9th-level power - but until they FAQ or errata ACG's horrible editing, that would be a houserule.

But either way, I would apply the "Paragon Surge -> Eldritch Heritage (Arcane Bloodline)" ruling to Mongrel Mage -> Arcane Bloodline as well.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

25. - Top - End - #85
    Dwarf in the Playground

Goblin

Q50:
    In feat Blood Drinker says that normally character can drink blood as part of bite attack, can he drink blood from anyone or just from chosen sub type (Can he drink blood from other types/ subtypes without gaining temporary hp)?

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ettin in the Playground

Q51: Metamagic rods and feats the caster possess can both affect a spell. Does the rod use the spells modified level or the original for determining what grade (lesser/normal/greater) you need to use? For example, if want to cast an empowered maximized fireball, do I need a Lesser Persistent Rod(for a 3rd level spell), or a Greater Persistent Rod(for an 8th level spell)?
    Last edited by Zanos; 2015-06-01 at 02:45 PM.
    If any idiot ever tells you that life would be meaningless without death, Hyperion recommends killing them!

27. - Top - End - #87

Quote Originally Posted by MizuDevil View Post
    Q50:
    In feat Blood Drinker says that normally character can drink blood as part of bite attack, can he drink blood from anyone or just from chosen sub type (Can he drink blood from other types/ subtypes without gaining temporary hp)?
    A50: Yes, you may drink the blood of any creature but would only gain the listed bonuses for the selected creature type. The second paragraph of the feat specifies the cirumstances under which you can dring blood, basically for free as part of a Bite attack or from a cut (or bleeding) target that is helpless, grappled, pinned or paralyzed. You probably won't get any benefits from the blood, but the descriptive text for Dhampirs indicates that many of the race feel compelled to drink blood.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ettin in the Playground

Q52: If I have a teleportation ability with specific criteria on where it can be used, such as the Shadowdancer's Shadow Jump, can you attempt to teleport into an area where the criteria may not be met? To give this in an example, if a Shadowdancer is in an area of dim light on one side of a wall and wants to teleport to the other side of the wall but does not know the light level on the other side of the wall, can they attempt to teleport across the wall, only actually moving (and expending some of their Shadow Jump distance) if there is a valid target square on the other side of the wall?
    Please use they/them/theirs when referring to me in the third person.
    My Homebrew (PF, 3.5)
    Awesome Bone Knight avatar by Chd.
    Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    Cassidy Halloran, Human Scout
    William Gamache, Human Relic Channeler Medium
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AGrinningCat View Post
    Lay on hands? More like Lay your Eyes on this sick elbow drop!

29. - Top - End - #89
    Dwarf in the Playground

Q53

Does a druid gains the animal feats he is wild shaping into? I ask because I read on the paizo forums that you get the damage dice listed on the entry from the creature + your strength bonus, but some have improved natural attack which increase the damage dice, so I'm confused as if the druid gains all the feats as well

30. - Top - End - #90

A51: This FAQ spells out that for the purposes of items, metamagic feats should be ruled to work whichever way is more disadvantageous for the caster. (And they say PF is pro-casters, ha!) So as written, you would apply the adjustments from your own metamagic feats first, then determine which grade of MM rod you need.

A52: It's not clear whether you need to know there's a shadow near your destination; as written it does function like dimension door, which lets you specify a direction and try hopping, so the likely ruling is that you'd get to try, and if the destination is invalid it would fail.

A53: No, Wild Shape in PF works like the polymorph line of spells, none of which grant you feats. You can however take a feat that works with natural attacks and then simply not qualify for that feat (but still keep it) whenever you have no natural attacks, i.e. when you're not wild-shaped.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy