New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Spamalot in the Playground

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do while Playing VIII: Why is the PLOT on fire?

Quote Originally Posted by goto124 View Post
    **** Does it involve the father?
    ***** Banned from involving any father-in-law warlord with the name of 'Ragnarok' into any contractual agreement.

****** You're not even in the game, I'm sure the player himself has thought of all the above, plus a thousand other things you did not think of.
    ******* No longer allowed to plan marriages via the Indiana Jones method of planning.
    ******** Should not hijack a sea captain for sealing a marriage proposal without informing said captain of what he's actually supposed to be doing.
    ********* Not allowed to take up the tavern owner's offer to find a priestess in order to make the marriage more official when we've only been engaged for 3 minutes.
    ********** Especially when the only priestess available worships a dark goddess of the night.

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    **May not point out that until the characters are burried in his and hers graves with "beloved, loving, and dedicaed spouse" carved on the headstone, all improvements in relationship status mean is that they've been upgraded to express shipping.
    *Snerk*
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do while Playing VIII: Why is the PLOT on fire?

********** May not insist that a dark goddess of the night is 'close enough'.
    *********** May not ask how Digo knows it's 3 minutes and not, say, 5 or 10 minutes of in-universe time.
    ************ May not ask what the 'Indiana Jones method of planning' is.
    ************* May not stalk both the IC and OOC threads.

************** May not repeat my question on how marriage laws work in Fallout Equestria.

* May not admit I can't spell Equestria, and keep using google to get the correct spelling.
    Last edited by goto124; 2015-05-26 at 08:09 AM.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Titan in the Playground

* My bard should not be visiting the whorehouse to gather information.
    ** Especially if he's celibate.
    *** Bards should not be celibate, isn't that in the job description?
    **** When I meet the fighter in there, my first reaction should not be 'I'll tell the cleric to be on standby'.

* My character cannot propose to every woman he meets.
    ** Or every man he meets.
    *** Surely the incubus should have stopped me from playing bisexual characters.

* My alchemist cannot dilute potions of remove disease and then head to the red light district.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JAL_1138 View Post
    ****May not point out that contracts signed while blind drunk are not enforceable against the impaired party so the spell-related memory tweaking is the only way that could work, in which case why bother getting him drunk and just use Charm Person or Dominate (and tweak his memory about that if it's 5e and he'll know he's been charmed when it wears off).
    ******May not get him to sign a form refusing his permission forever, and use Mistaken Missive to reverse the meaning of the document.
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

5. - Top - End - #155
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Torath View Post
    ******May not get him to sign a form refusing his permission forever, and use Mistaken Missive to reverse the meaning of the document.
    ******* May not use this as an example when arguing that a devil does not own my soul to imply that I own the devil's soul.
    ******** May not try this with archdevils.

Show
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?

6. - Top - End - #156
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

*May not point out that mistake can be grounds for a recission of a contract under certain circumstances, and changing the terms once signed is outright fraud. Best to use persuasion-based (not bluff or intimidate based) diplomancy, or charm/dominate + modify memory (so they believe they signed it of their own free will and it will show up that way to Detect Lie or Zone of Truth).

*May not neglect to tell players I'm a lawyer before they try contract shenanigans.
    Last edited by JAL_1138; 2015-05-26 at 10:09 AM.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Colossus in the Playground

************ May not ask what the 'Indiana Jones method of planning' is.
    *************May not point out that that it's "make it up as you go along"
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Titan in the Playground

* I may not be an expert at the Indiana Jones method of planning
    ** even if its true.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

9. - Top - End - #159

************** May not repeat my question on how marriage laws work in Fallout Equestria.
    *************** Not allowed to assume that they're more just guidelines than laws.
    **************** Even if courts aren't a thing in post-apocalyptic settings.
    ***************** Also banned from cheeky comments that my character is riding such a high that he'd dance on command.
    ****************** Because the GM will totally call me out on it and I'm not allowed to burst into The Dance of My People.
    ******************* Also banned from table dancing, the Tango, the Macarena, and Flash Mobbing.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

10. - Top - End - #160
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

* Not to have the crypt containing the wrathful souls of the world's greatest heroes guarded by a single skeleton of a commoner.
    ** The world's greatest hero should not be a master of dual wielding lacerating dirks.
    *** The world's greatest heroes should not have fused their souls inside a massive suit of armor, wielding a longsword and a dirk
    **** The suit of armor is not to throw away the longsword and begin quad wielding dirks, as the greatest hero was a half elf dual classed ranger- two weapon fighter.
    ***** He is not to later just say screw the dirks and turn into a rakshasha.
    ****** Especially when he was only damaging his opponents while wielding the dirks.
    ******* He should not have had 450 hp either, against a party with no form of spell casting whatsoever.
    ********But no man, he's like, really good with those dirks, is not a valid excuse for him having 3 turns per round.

*The final boss for said party should not be a dracolich with 600 hp and two turns per round.
    I don't think I need the padding anymore, posts seem generally longer now.
    Yolo. The uneducated brother of Carpe Diem.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Bugbear in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

* I should not challenge the rough-and-tumble bar fighter/gunslinger to a duel with swords
    ** Even if he has never seen a sword before in his life and I am very well versed in swordplay
    *** I should not be surprised when he manages to use his bar fighting tactics to get the upper hand and beat me
    **** I should be grateful that he decided to only stab me in the stomach (twice) instead of killing me outright

* When I come to a backwater town and find that I'm a folk hero due to a botched heist I tried to pull years ago, I shouldn't try to take advantage of it
    ** Especially if the target of the heist is still around and in charge of the town
    *** I shouldn't be surprised when my (former) partner (whom I turned on during the heist) is also still around
    **** Especially if I left him for dead in my escape
    ***** Shouldn't be surprised when said former partner and target of my heist team up to try and kill me for my past deeds

* When planning a heist, it's standard procedure to make sure everyone is fully briefed on their plans, disguises are in place, cover stories are settled, and everyone gets training in how to bluff
    ** When the DM just skips through the scene that I'm a part of without prompting me to use my cover story, I shouldn't go ahead and tell everyone anyway
    *** Especially if we've already been admitted by security

* After being tortured by the BBEG, breaking free, and confronting him, it's perfectly acceptable for me to ask my party members to assist
    ** No, seriously, this isn't something I have to do on my own
    *** I've been tortured to within an inch of my life continuously for the past three days, do you really think I have the strength to beat him on my own?

* No grenades
    Proud owner of: 0.36 0.43 0.99 2.00 Internet(s), 2 Win(s), and 3000 Brownie Point(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Welknair View Post
    *Proceeds to google "Bride of the Portable Hole", jokingly wondering if it might exist*

*It does.*

What.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ksheep View Post
    * When I come to a backwater town and find that I'm a folk hero due to a botched heist I tried to pull years ago, I shouldn't try to take advantage of it
    ** Especially if the target of the heist is still around and in charge of the town
    *** I shouldn't be surprised when my (former) partner (whom I turned on during the heist) is also still around
    **** Especially if I left him for dead in my escape
    ***** Shouldn't be surprised when said former partner and target of my heist team up to try and kill me for my past deeds
    The hero of canton, the man they call Jayne!

13. - Top - End - #163
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GrayGriffin View Post
    * No longer allowed to make fake dating sim screenshots starring my character.
    ** No matter how much the other players approve.
    *** No longer allowed to make fake text messages starring my character and another player's character.
    **** Again, no matter how much he approves.
    ***** Especially not allowed to call back to said fake dating sim screenshots in the texts.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Also, as a rule of thumb, if you find yourself defending your inalienable right to make someone else feel like garbage, you're on the wrong side of the argument.
    Currently playing as Atalanta/Artemis in Arcran's Pocket Monsters Online! (OOC|IC)

14. - Top - End - #164
    Colossus in the Playground

*Any plan that ends in one of my characters being reduced to smoking limbless torso is to be classified as a "failure"
    **Just because I can regenerate and come back stronger does not mean I can retroactively claim that this was my plan all along.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ksheep View Post
    * I should not challenge the rough-and-tumble bar fighter/gunslinger to a duel with swords
    ** Even if he has never seen a sword before in his life and I am very well versed in swordplay
    *** I should not be surprised when he manages to use his bar fighting tactics to get the upper hand and beat me
    **** I should be grateful that he decided to only stab me in the stomach (twice) instead of killing me outright
    ***** Yes, they can take the sky from me.

Show

16. - Top - End - #166
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

*May not let my hair out of a bun in the presence of the strange lobotomized girl.
    **Or the war-veteran first mate.
    ***I am putting the hair away now.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ettin in the Playground

****It won't help. She will still know it's there.
    Spoiler: Slow on the uptake
    Show
    I didn't get the Firefly reference until Failed Heist/Folk Hero bit. Then it occurred to me that the previous bit was from Mr. Wing's perspective.
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

18. - Top - End - #168
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

****It won't help. She will still know it's there.
    *****Waiting.

19. - Top - End - #169

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    *Any plan that ends in one of my characters being reduced to smoking limbless torso is to be classified as a "failure"
    **Just because I can regenerate and come back stronger does not mean I can retroactively claim that this was my plan all along.
    Joke furthering.
    ***Even if you know the villains are totally doing this.
    Link to true signature
    Feel free to sig anything I post, just do so in quote format.

20. - Top - End - #170

* No longer allowed to suggest dating an NPC big enough that they can climb like a tree.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

21. - Top - End - #171
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    * No longer allowed to suggest dating an NPC big enough that they can climb like a tree.
    ** May not work out a way to consummate the resulting marriage.
    *** With dragons, the word has an s.
    **** Droit du seigneur does not extend to the local dragons.

Show

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

** May not suggest Enlarge Person or Enlarge Pony.
    *** Do those spells even exist in the setting?

23. - Top - End - #173

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    *** With dragons, the word has an s.
    **** Forbidden from taking a guess at that word.

** May not suggest Enlarge Person or Enlarge Pony.
    *** Do those spells even exist in the setting?
    **** If magic is insufficient in resolving the obstacle, I will not suggest 'Science!'
    Digo Dragon - Artist

24. - Top - End - #174
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    **** If magic is insufficient in resolving the obstacle, I will not suggest 'Science!'
    *****Especially if I'm playing a tinker gnome.
    ******Not allowed to play a tinker gnome.
    *******Not only am I forbidden from including tinker gnomes in any way shape form or fashion in my own setting, this now applies to Greyhawk, Planescape, Spelljammer, Dragonlance, Ravenloft, Dark Sun, Mystara and Forgotten Realms whenever I'm a player. They do not exist. Ordinary gnomes are ok.
    ********Cannot play an ordinary gnome like a tinker gnome.

*Despite what the rules imply, the world does not respect and fear the mighty halfling military's armored archers and light skirmishers.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground

Not mine, but all pulled off by one of my brothers while I was DM.

As a tinker gnome:
    *No longer allowed to invent mechs
    **May not then equip my settlements' military with mechs
    ***Proceeding to then build the first railroad is right out.
    ****Having grown bored of land transportation methods, not to begin with airborne transportation.
    *****Upon creating a flying saucer of doom and spinning blades, not to take it out dragon hunting.
    ******May not 1-shot a red dragon with a ballista, even with appropriate magical aid and superior crafted ammo.

Was a lot of fun to DM that group.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
    Dwarf Fortress would like to have a word with you. The word is decorated with bands of microcline and meanaces with spikes of rose gold. On the word is an image of the word in cinnabar.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    This is an image of Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses engraved in sandstone. Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses is leaving Trotknives. Trotknives is on fire and full of goblins. This image refers to the destruction of Trotknives in late winter of 109 by Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

*May not cast Heat Metal on an armored opponent's codpiece again.

27. - Top - End - #177

SwashbucklerGuy

* I may not bill the campaign as "It's like Lord of the Rings, but with Tinker Gnomes"
    ** Nor is it "Like Harry Potter, but with Tinker Gnomes"
    *** Anything described as "Like _____, but with Tinker Gnomes" is vetoed
    **** Except maybe Artemis Fowl, but only because they'd fit right in there.
    Proud owner of: 0.36 0.43 0.99 2.00 Internet(s), 2 Win(s), and 3000 Brownie Point(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Welknair View Post
    *Proceeds to google "Bride of the Portable Hole", jokingly wondering if it might exist*

*It does.*

What.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by JAL_1138 View Post
    *May not cast Heat Metal on an armored opponent's codpiece again.
    ** May not make lame jokes about the opponent being 'hot'.
    *** He easily overheats without your magical help anyway!
    **** May not point at real-life evidence to support the above statement.

29. - Top - End - #179

SwashbucklerGuy

*I may no longer throw money (or promise a big payday) at NPCs to try and draw out their 200%
    **I may no longer make PCs who are good at photography in order to blackmail everyone
    ***I may no longer make PCs who think they are extremely good spellcasters which use explosives as their materials/focus
    ****I may no longer have my PCs running around shouting anything which remotely resembles "Viva la revolution!" for no good reason
    *****I may no longer play the theme of Pacific Rim on my phone when my GM introduces an enemy which is a lot larger than us
    ******I may no longer shoot the BBEG in the face before he even introduces himself as the BBEG just because he dresses up like a goth
    *******I may no longer have my PC bring little kids along with him as adventure apprentices which are actually meat shields against paladins
    ********I may no longer investigate the plot until the party has sufficiently grinded levels so the BBEG has no reason to move up the calendar
    *********I may no longer solve all interparty conflict with a dance off especially when everyone including myself has no dancing skills
    **********I may no longer have a PC which is good at weaving. No, nets cannot be weaved. Just no! And stop saying only real men weave.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Titan in the Playground

* I can no longer be more attractive than the bard.
    ** May not be true in-game either.
    *** My magician cannot offer to make the bard hotter.
    **** The ideal spell for this is not burning hands.
    ***** Or fireball.
    ****** Or Delayed Delayed Blast Fireball.

Show