Default Re: Fallout: Great Plains (Redux) [IC]

NEW ROUND

Bob takes aim and fires again at the last remaining radroach:

Spoiler: Bob's attack on 7
    Show

Attack: (1d20+6)[24]
    Crit?: (1d20+6)[11]
    Damage: (2d6)[2]

Bob kills it, the halls finally going silent. There appears to be no movement and no sound forthcoming except that of the dripping of water.

Spoiler: Post-Combat Map
    Show

Everyone earns 270 EXP.

Actions?
    Last edited by DungeonMaster77; 2015-07-13 at 11:43 AM.
    My Awsome Sig!
    Spoiler
    Show

The Original Narrator for the SMBG "Werewolf" game
    WEREWOLF CENTRAL
    LET CHAOS RULE: Turquoise bicycle shoe fins actualize radishes greenly!
    It's not about making money, it's about taking money; destroying the status quo. Because the status...is not quo.

Games I run: Fallout: Great Plains (Redux)

2. - Top - End - #212
    Bugbear in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

O-Matic

"Well that certainly didn't make the smell better. Phew." Bob takes a moment to reload his pistol, then if no one else does, checks out the computer terminal.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Bob will take 10 for an 18 to try to determine the function of this terminal.
    My Characters

Alaniel (Retired) Bob "O-Matic" Kern (Fallout) Hanzi Ivarisky (Giantslayer)

Games I'm running
    Runelords

3. - Top - End - #213

Markis

*As the chaos of the fight wears down, Markis twists his head to one side, reaching up to massage a muscle on the back of his neck, letting out a slow sigh, letting the tension release slowly, the pain in his head subsiding slowly. Hadn't even noticed the headache this time. huh. They're getting better.*

"Not helping? Just trying to spread their attention out. Next time, keep shooting. It'll be fine."

*With a crooked smile, he pops the revolver open and deftly empties the casings, depositing them into a pocket in his vest before reloading the gun and slipping it back into the holster casually.*

*As the group catches their breath, Markis takes a slow breath and watches Bob approach the computer, Markis pulls a bottle of water from his pack and offers it around.*
    "Adrenaline will do a number on your system. Even something small like this. Anybody need a drink? Stay hydrated.
    Bob? Anything interesting over there?"
    "I'm back baby!"
    - B.B.R.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yarborough

"Remind me to see about billing the guy for some pest control, prolly lots more ahead. Don't forget about the 'Lurks too", Yarborough tucked away his knuckles for now, and unslung the shotgun from his back, checking it to make sure it's still fireable.

"Yeah, You got something there, O-Matic?", he asked as the guy seemed to have found a computer terminal, "I am thinking to check out the rest of this big corridor while you folks fiddle with whatever... but don't waste too much time since we really need to get to the control room so you can fix whatever needs fixing"

Yarborough chuckled a bit as he looked to Markis, "Looking a bit winded there, Roachbait, you aright?"
    Last edited by Hussam B.; 2015-07-14 at 12:43 PM.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Titan in the Playground

Aria

Aria sighs as the last roach dies.

Well, that took long enough. Let's get moving. I don't like it down here very much.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

6. - Top - End - #216

SwashbucklerGuy

Declan

With the infestation cleared with more trouble than its worth, Declan starts to feel uncomfortable about how the rest of the party just brushed off the difficulty they just went through.

"I'll go scout ahead so we don't have a repeat of this..." poorly planned out attack, or defence.

Spoiler
    Show
    Rolling move silently. Declan will move as far as two full run distances away? Unless he comes across something else.

Move Silently: (1d20+8)[18]

7. - Top - End - #217
    Barbarian in the Playground

VOICE OF THE GM
    Spoiler
    Show
    Good to see everybody! That last combat gave me a lot of "lessons learned" and I hope to run the next one much better, so it goes by much more smoothly. As a reminder: I will not be on at all on Thursday (travelling to take my kids back to their mother), and I should be on Friday morning (likely fairly early). I will resume my normal posting schedule on Sunday.

With the dust and cordite settled, you advance to the first intersection, and see the terminal you all had seen before. Bob approaches it and it looks like it still functions. With a few deft key-strokes and a few commands...

Bob
    Spoiler: For Bob
    Show
    You see that the purpose of the terminal is to open the door next to you, as well as to monitor, but not repair, the lines you are needing to check. As far as you can tell, there is a blockage by several of the out-flow vents further into the facility. You aren't sure, but you think you heard something behind the door (to the east).

Declan heads off to scout out ahead, and coming to the last intersection, sees that he cannot see further north, as the lights seem to be out up there. To the east, he sees that the hallway bends to turn to the north.

Yarborough, Markis, and Aria notice, again, in the hallway to the west, is a short corridor ending in a door.

Yarborough
    Spoiler: For Yarborough
    Show
    You think you may hear something behind the door to the west.

Actions?
    My Awsome Sig!
    Spoiler
    Show

WEREWOLF CENTRAL
    It's not about making money, it's about taking money; destroying the status quo. Because the status...is not quo.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yarborough

"Hold on, folks", Yarborough spoke up, "I think I hear something behind that door", the man said as he pointed out the door to the west, "It's prolly either more 'Roaches, or the 'Lurks. I don't know about you folks, but I kinda wanna avoid that room unless it's really really important we go in"
    Last edited by Hussam B.; 2015-07-15 at 09:43 AM.

9. - Top - End - #219

SwashbucklerGuy

O-Matic

"This console opens the door to the east, and says there's a blockage near the outflow vents further in the facility. I don't see a layout though, so no luck there. And I think there's something behind this door as well."

Show

I dunno if this will help but knowledge technology at a +4 and physical sciences at a +6 to figure out which direction the outflow vents are? Or does the console indicate that?

My Characters

Games I'm running
    Runelords

10. - Top - End - #220

SwashbucklerGuy

Declan

Seeing nothing around Declan tries to listen for any signs of life besides the group. If there are any strange sounds he will go back and report to the group but if it sounds clear to him, he will continue eastwards to determine how far north the route will take him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Listen: (1d20)[9]
    Move Silently: (1d20+8)[26]

Assume Declan wouldn't turn around the corner and head north but just stay at the corner and look as far north as possible from there.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Titan in the Playground

Aria

Well, we already knew there was a blockage, didn't we? So that isn't exactly news. Shall we keep going, or are we going to look in all these side doors?

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

12. - Top - End - #222

Markis

"Agreed - we'll avoid it if we can. No sense in blasting it out with more critters if we don't have to."

*Looking down the corridor at the side passages, Markis frowns*

"Yeah. I'm all for a bit of spelunking, but how about we take care of the blockage first?"

[Spoiler]
    On my phone, and it won't color text for some reason. I'll edit his speech color when I get back on a computer.
    [/sspoiler]
    "I'm back baby!"
    - B.B.R.

13. - Top - End - #223

SwashbucklerGuy

O-Matic

"Anton only said there were leaks. Nor did he say where specifically. So yes, that is news. Maybe there will be a terminal with a map somewhere. I don't know where the blockage is exactly, because I haven't lived here and have no idea about the layout of this facility. We could try to follow the water, but it may not lead us to the problem. The other option is to try to find signs that would tell us which way the pipes flow. They should be on the walls."
    My Characters

Games I'm running
    Runelords

14. - Top - End - #224

VOICE OF THE GM
    Spoiler
    Show
    I see a lot of discussion, and little action for me to respond to. I will respond to the inquiries and such, but you all have to decide what to do and where to go.

The sound of movement touches your ears, coming from the west, as Yarborough had said.

Bob
    Spoiler: For Bob
    Show
    From what you gather, you could just follow the pipes along the wall and ceiling. Your best guess based on the readings is that a blockage caused some pipes to burst, thus the leak. You can see pipes leading west and north, but you also see conduit following the same paths, but also past the east door. Where each blockage or leak is, you can't tell, and need an administrator console, which this is not, but that is likely in the facility.

Declan
    Spoiler: For Declan
    Show
    You seem to have a hard time hiding your bulk, but you move silently enough. You can see nothing in the pitch black, unless you have darkvision, lowlight vision, or a light source. You did notice that the door before the closet was labeled: "Janitorial Closet".
    My Awsome Sig!
    Spoiler
    Show

WEREWOLF CENTRAL

15. - Top - End - #225

SwashbucklerGuy

O-Matic

"The conduit goes into the room past this door here, and also follows the pipes which don't go into this door. So going through this door might lead us closer to the control room, which I would guess would be away from the water as much as possible, where we could pinpoint the location of the leak, rather than just blundering into it. Of course it will not display what creatures have taken up residence. Otherwise we would need to follow the pipes, which run north and west."
    Last edited by Shadowsend; 2015-07-17 at 11:59 AM.
    My Characters

Games I'm running
    Runelords

16. - Top - End - #226

SwashbucklerGuy

Declan

In the darkness Declan was about to reach for his flashlight but stopped himself before he did when remembered the door from before was labelled as the Janitorial Closet. It may be a long shot but there might be a map of the place and if Declan's experience was worth anything it is more prudent to know the lay of the land and plan accordingly. Making sure his brass knuckles were still fastened on properly and cleaned from radroach ooze Declan decided to open the door.

Spoiler
    Show
    Interesting thing this. Declan has darkvision (nightvision goggles) and a flashlight although the nightvision goggles wouldn't be used for this.

If the door is locked, Declan also has bolt cutters/crowbar/lock release gun to force it open so just assume those will be used if it comes to that.

Also is it possible for an updated map? I kind of can't tell everyone/things positioning right now.
    Last edited by omnitricks; 2015-07-17 at 12:18 PM.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yarborough

"Yep, there is definitely something over here", the man said, watching the West door, good thing that most dumb mutants can't really figure how to open these kinda doors... right? Anyway, "Look, I think we should find this control room before going into any of the side stuff. They said that there'd be signs and since there aren't any here, I am gussing the room is still down this hall. Now Declan's gone ahead and since there hasn't been any sound of trouble, I am going to guess that the way is clear, so I say we get a move on"

Yarborough would nudge his head towards the path north and would move to lead the way, his lever action shotgun again in his arms.

18. - Top - End - #228

SwashbucklerGuy

O-Matic

"I think the control room is past this door to the East."
    My Characters

Games I'm running
    Runelords

19. - Top - End - #229

VOICE OF THE GM

TheMightyQuinn is currently busy with RL work-related stuff, and has asked me to NPC Markis for a bit.

Markis

Markis looks from Yarborough to Bob and back.

"The way I see it, we can check one or the other, but Declan looks like he may have found something. You two figure out what you want to do, and I'm going to check up on what he's doing."

Markis walks down the hall to see what door Declan is looking at.

Whispering to Declan, "Janitor's closet...hmm..."

Looking at Declan check out further down the hall into the darkness, Markis squints a bit and whispers to Declan:

"You see what I see down that way? Looks like another room..." while nodding to the north. Yarborough soon joins, leaving Aria and Bob by the east door.

**MEANWHILE in the southern-most gathering of the party**

Bob and Aria
    Spoiler: For Bob and Aria
    Show
    Looking at the hallway, you do see a sign on the opposite wall of the console, marked "Sewer Control Admin Temporary Office" pointing to the door to the east. Additionally, you hear something coming from behind the east door now.

**Back to the Northern-most gathering of the party**

While the group debates as to whether to open the east door or the west one, after Yarborough joins in, Declan opens the door before him, marked "Janitor's Closet" only to find a single Radroach on the floor before him!

The closet contains a few shelves, with what you can only guess are boxes of detergent, Abraxo cleaning products, plungers, tools of various kinds, to include plumbing tools, a toolbox, and other such gear.

INITIATIVE TIME!!

Spoiler: Radroach Initiative
    Show
    (1d20+4)[12]

Declan can avoid a surprise round by making a DC 10 listen check to have heard the roach moments before the door opened (unless Declan has a feat to prevent him from being caught flat-footed). If he fails, the radroach gets a free round to attack. If not, it is normal initiative. With your initiative check, provide your first-round action, and and any contingencies if you are readying an action. Declan has a melee weapon readied, and the radroach only has that same capability, so if you plan on firing into melee, don't forget the -4 penalty for doing so. Also, for Markis, if he attacks in any way, the radroach has 50% cover being in the closet, so to speak.

Spoiler: Markis Initiative
    Show

Init: (1d20+7)[11]
    +4 Dex
    +3 Misc

Markis will ready an action to strike with his combat knife if Declan misses hitting the radroach.

Initiative and actions!

Spoiler: UPDATED MAP
    Show

VOICE OF THE GM
    Spoiler: For EVERYONE
    Show
    So, I have been contacted by a player who is also an old friend of mine back when I was in the military. I GM'd a tabletop game in Iraq to keep us from going insane while deployed. He's without a group and wants to know if I would let him in with us, as he's dying to get into a game GM'd by me. My usual maximum is 6 players, of which we are only at 5. I was planning on holding the slot for somebody else, hoping they would return, but no luck. What do you all think? I won't be upset or offended if you, as a group, decline. Post your thoughts on the OoC thread. I won't introduce him until after this mission, though, if you all agree. I am a big fan of group willingness, and you all seem to work pretty well together. I will only allow it if we are all in agreement on allowing a new player to join.
    Last edited by DungeonMaster77; 2015-07-21 at 12:12 AM.
    My Awsome Sig!
    Spoiler
    Show

WEREWOLF CENTRAL

20. - Top - End - #230

SwashbucklerGuy

O-Matic

Bob rubs his eyes. "All that fighting must have made me more aware of the creatures." Bob points at the sign. "Control room, that way! But there's definitely something behind the door, so let's wait for the other guys to be ready before opening it." Bob waits for the others to be ready to listen to him.

Show
    I'm ok with adding another, though if he doesn't have any preferences towards characters, we could use a medic type.
    My Characters

Games I'm running
    Runelords

21. - Top - End - #231
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yarborough

Yarborough was just about reaching Declan and Markis, frowning at the dark passage ahead northwards, "Hmm, no idea to tell what's ahead try to keep it quiet, eh?"

Of course, that's when the janitor closet opened...

22. - Top - End - #232

Aria

Spoiler: Aria's Initiative
    Show

(1d20+3)[14]
    +3 Dex

Aria holds action to see how Declan and Markis handle the situation down the hall.
    My Awsome Sig!
    Spoiler
    Show

WEREWOLF CENTRAL

23. - Top - End - #233

VOICE OF THE GM
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am awaiting for Declan's action before I can continue on. Hussam B. and Shadowsend, I still need your initiatives.
    Last edited by DungeonMaster77; 2015-07-22 at 08:21 AM.
    My Awsome Sig!
    Spoiler
    Show

WEREWOLF CENTRAL

24. - Top - End - #234

SwashbucklerGuy

O-Matic

Show
    Init: (1d20+4)[21]
    Actions: Hold
    My Characters

Games I'm running
    Runelords

25. - Top - End - #235

SwashbucklerGuy

Declan

"There was a reason I went ahead alone..." Declan said disappointed when the others arrived behind him before uttering annoyedly "because I didn't want to be eaten by deaf yao guais today." before crunching on the radroach.

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative: (1d20+3)[20] (last anyway because of the feat thing)
    Attack roll: (1d20+6)[10]
    Damage: (1d6+7)[9]

26. - Top - End - #236
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yarborough

"Well, you took your sweet time... whachya got there? 'nother Roach?", Yarborough glanced and saw the thing but Markis and Declan were in the way no doubt, "You guys deal with it, I'll an eye up north in case something tries to sneak up on us, might need to find some light or something if we're gonna go north more"

27. - Top - End - #237

VOICE OF THE GM
    Spoiler: EVERYONE READ
    Show
    For the purposes of moving things along, and due to the fact that it is only one radroach, I am going to assume that Declan demolishes the single radroach, despite his poor rolls. Sorry for the impersonation of the "Invisible Man," but I spent the last few days sick as a dog.

Wiping off the grime from the singular radroach, Declan checks out the room. In it you find only find a handful of mechanical parts, a full set of plumber's tools, a couple of flashlights, and both cleaner and detergent. No schematics seem to be present.

The west door's noise seems to have changed to rather excited snuffling noises.

Actions?
    My Awsome Sig!
    Spoiler
    Show

WEREWOLF CENTRAL

28. - Top - End - #238
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yarborough

"Well, looks like you got enough scrap here to fix whatever you need to fix, so keep this in mind", Yarborough grabbed a flashlight, "Hope these still work, if we're lucky, they're put here by the folks up in town, not the usual pre-war crap"

"Everyone grab one and we can maybe finally find this damn control room", Yarborough looked north and turned on his flashlight, illuminating the way, maybe he can find a sign or something.
    Last edited by Hussam B.; 2015-07-27 at 09:46 AM.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Titan in the Playground

Aria

Huh? You wanted more light? Why didn't you say so before? Aria pushes a button, and the screen on her Pipboy changes from a low level backlight to a brighter light more common from active computer terminals.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

30. - Top - End - #240

SwashbucklerGuy

O-Matic

Bob walks over to where the rest of the party is. "We passed the control room. It probably has a map in it. It was that first door to the East. I didn't open it because it sounds like something's in there. Would someone with armor care to stand in front so I can open it?"
    My Characters

Games I'm running
    Runelords