New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper

Is there a solid five star dark magic user yet? I don't think I have one available, which is why I use summons.
    Where's Vivi when you need him?
    Last edited by Forbiddenwar; 2015-05-24 at 09:12 PM.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Forbiddenwar View Post
    Is there a solid five star dark magic user yet? I don't think I have one available, which is why I use summons.
    Where's Vivi when you need him?
    Rinoa if you managed to get her. Which makes me feel even more stupid for having her relegated to healer in the current party. Maybe at later levels when I can actually use those 5-star spells.

If there are any others, they're event-related for the time being.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofBob View Post
    Rinoa if you managed to get her.
    Rinoa? Really? But she's healing and support in the ff8 game. Her limit break heals and results characters. Her affinity is for the protection and healing summons. At least that's what I recall from playing the game last year?
    What other character roles have changed? Is Aerith secretly the best melee fighter in the game?

I have her, but I didn't expect her to cast any black magic. I never played with her, since I had a level 40 white mage.
    Last edited by Forbiddenwar; 2015-05-24 at 09:51 PM.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Rinoa? Really? But she's healing and support in the ff8 game. Her limit break heals and results characters. Her affinity is for the protection and healing summons. At least that's what I recall from playing the game last year?
    What other character roles have changed? Is Aerith secretly the best melee fighter in the game?
    I was surprised too, especially since I've been using Rydia as my primary magic damage dealer. I think it comes from the whole 'Sorceress' thing that only comes three fourths through FF8. Doesn't make a lot of sense I know. Rinoa's Mind stat isn't spectacular but her Magic stat is through the roof, and if that weren't enough, she's one of the few mage characters who also has access to Support abilities like my current MVP ability: Boost.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Troll in the Playground

Rydia has the best magic stat of all currently released characters at the moment. She can only use 3 star black magics, but she hits like a truck with them (7-9k). And be honest, do you really have any 4-5 star abilities? Terra has the second best magic stat in the game and she can use 5 star magics. I've also been using Aerith because she's solid support and can use 3 star black magic. Rydia can do around 700 damage a pop with physical attacks from the back rank with her ice whip as well.

Edit - Just checked and Rydia, Rinoa, and Terra all are tied for highest magic stat at 120. If Rinoa has good white mage abilities, I'm going to have to replace Aerith.
    Last edited by Deadline; 2015-05-24 at 10:21 PM.
    Awesome avatar by Iron Penguin!

Signature of Holding

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Deadline View Post
    Rydia has the best magic stat of all currently released characters at the moment. She can only use 3 star black magics, but she hits like a truck with them (7-9k). And be honest, do you really have any 4-5 star abilities? Terra has the second best magic stat in the game and she can use 5 star magics. I've also been using Aerith because she's solid support and can use 3 star black magic. Rydia can do around 700 damage a pop with physical attacks from the back rank with her ice whip as well.

Edit - Just checked and Rydia, Rinoa, and Terra all are tied for highest magic stat at 120. If Rinoa has good white mage abilities, I'm going to have to replace Aerith.
    Rinoa's Mind stat is rubbish by comparison to Aerith. She's still been able to heal as well as anyone without a specifically geared SB for me at this stage, and if you can manage to get her specific weapon or otherwise a decent Thrown weapon she can actually do decent physical damage from the back row.

If you want a replacement for Aerith, Lenna is probably your best bet for now.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ettin in the Playground

Le'sigh, I've only ever played FFV once, so I can't even remember who Lenna is, and because of that I'm very hesitant to put her in my party. This is basically a walk down memory lane for me, and I only want characters I like/know in my group, LOL.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Bugbear in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

I just plugged Lenna into my party. She is only lvl 12 and the rest of my party is 20, but she is already better than my 20 Tyro as long as I have her protected and healing. I have her in the back with an icebow, especially good for the Fire event as she and the bow are getting synergy plus fire being vulnerable to ice.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Firbolg in the Playground

Flumph

I have her, but I didn't expect her to cast any black magic. I never played with her, since I had a level 40 white mage.
    Rinoa has no recovery limits (Selphie and Quistis do), one outcome of Combine is invincibility, but that's it. Her story granted limit (Angel Wing) makes her spam cast offensive spells (like Berzerk status but with offensive magic). She also has the highest innate Magic stat in FF8 (highest innate stats overall).

GF compatibility depends on what magic you use with the character as well, so if you used Rinoa as a healer she would have higher compatibility with the defensive GFs. She's not "supposed" to be though, she's supposed to be the game's offensive caster. (albeit the junction system renders the distinctions moot because the stat gain from junctioning is far more than the inherent stats).

10. - Top - End - #70
    Troll in the Playground

If you want a replacement for Aerith, Lenna is probably your best bet for now.
    I use Tyro as my white magic user. He's versatile in that I can add a second random ability if needed and he's MUCH tankier than the other healers since he can wear full armor. His stats suck, but he's still healing around 2k with Curaga which is more than enough for most of the content so far. Now granted he and my progression guys are already level 50 so that's part of what makes most of the elites easy.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Pixie in the Playground

Planetar

Guys, I download the app on my xperia C3, but its lagging?

Is there any solution to this?
    Theres nothing wrong with a middle aged man playing board games, aint it?

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by midagedgamer View Post

No clue myself. This is the first I've heard of any lagging in the game. Worst I've had is when my phone suddenly has trouble getting a connection in the middle of a game.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by midagedgamer View Post

Lags on my Xperia Z3 as well. Game sometimes pauses for a second or two mid-attack. Kinda frustrating, but nowhere near as frustrating as the always-online nonsense and my utter inability to roll a decent relic.
    Spoiler: My inventory:
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Jammy Dodger (I was promised tea)
    1 Godwin Point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairos Theodosian
    It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Bugbear in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

I get lag some days and others not. I am on a dell android tablet.. I forget what exactly it is though.

I saved from the start and just bought the 11 relic pulls deal. I didn't get any of the current event items. What I got was a 5 stra Golden Spear and a 4 star Crystal helm. The other 9 items were 3 stars.
    Last edited by shizukanashi; 2015-05-26 at 01:30 AM.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ettin in the Playground

For those who are having issues with lag, on the FFRK subreddit there is a thread that should help some of you: http://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeep...ough_menus_or/

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

A little bit of speculating here:

If the U.S. Events follow the JP version, the next character we might get is either Vanille or Locke.
    And as of the latest event announcement, looks like we're getting XIII, so...
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

17. - Top - End - #77
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    And as of the latest event announcement, looks like we're getting XIII, so...
    Ugh. I have never hated any other Final Fantasy character as much as I hate Vanille. I really hope she isn't some special snowflake that has a unique and necessary ability in this one, because then I can safely leave her sitting on the roster at level one, cold and alone.
    Last edited by Deadline; 2015-05-26 at 09:34 AM.

Signature of Holding

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Ugh. I have never hated any other Final Fantasy character as much as I hate Vanille. I really hope she isn't some special snowflake that has a unique and necessary ability in this one, because then I can safely leave her sitting on the roster at level one, cold and alone.
    While I wasn't a huge fan of XIII in general, I never got the hate that Vanille seemed to get. She wins the award for strangest weapon in a Final Fantasy to be sure, but character-wise I never had a problem with her.

Hope on the other hand...

19. - Top - End - #79
    Troll in the Playground

While I wasn't a huge fan of XIII in general, I never got the hate that Vanille seemed to get. She wins the award for strangest weapon in a Final Fantasy to be sure, but character-wise I never had a problem with her.

Hope on the other hand...
    For me, she's basically every terrible character trait of every Final Fantasy character rolled into a single hate ball. And if she weren't played off as such a "lovable clutz", she'd be well placed to be the game's villain. She's basically an idiot savant villain. "But it's totally ok guys, and you should totally like her, because she feels really bad about it!"

If Vanille-Death-Spam wasn't the most viable method of farming Adamantoise's, I would never have used her at all.

Blerg. I could use my rage to boil coffee right now.
    Last edited by Deadline; 2015-05-26 at 10:48 AM.

Signature of Holding

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

For me, she's basically every terrible character trait of every Final Fantasy character rolled into a single hate ball. And if she weren't played off as such a "lovable clutz", she'd be well placed to be the game's villain. She's basically an idiot savant villain. "But it's totally ok guys, and you should totally like her, because she feels really bad about it!"

If Vanille-Death-Spam wasn't the most viable method of farming Adamantoise's, I would never have used her at all.

Blerg. I could use my rage to boil coffee right now.
    How would she be a villain?

Granted, even after getting to the final dungeon in FFXIII my knowledge of the plot is basically that it goes something like:

1. Awesome train fight sequence.
    2. Let's run away from the bad guys!
    3. Oh look, a hallway!
    4. Let's run towards the bad guys!
    5. Oh look, another hallway!
    Repeat steps 2 - 5 until credits.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Troll in the Playground

How would she be a villain?
    You know the Purge? The death of Hope's Mom? Serah turning into a crystal? Sazh's son turning into a crystal? Yeah, all of that is Vanille's fault.

Signature of Holding

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

You know the Purge? The death of Hope's Mom? Serah turning into a crystal? Sazh's son turning into a crystal? Yeah, all of that is Vanille's fault.
    I thought the whole point of the entire plot to FFXIII was that all the main characters were completely powerless to do anything but play into the villains' hands no matter what they did, so none of them could be held responsible for anything that happened because it all went just as planned, or some nonsense like that.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

I thought the whole point of the entire plot to FFXIII was that all the main characters were completely powerless to do anything but play into the villains' hands no matter what they did, so none of them could be held responsible for anything that happened because it all went just as planned, or some nonsense like that.
    Yeah, there's been a whole lot more of that in the more recent games. Gonna level with you, VII marked the point where I started growing disenchanted (no pun intended) with how convoluted the plots in the franchise were becoming.

I grew up with the early ones, which read like a D&D campaign or a particularly lovely, if occasionally dark, fairy tale. I don't mind the steampunk aspects, a lot of them are fun, but I miss stories that you don't have to re-read five times to figure out what the crap is going on and who the crap is that and what the crap does s/he want anyway?

No particular fondness for XIII, is my point.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Troll in the Playground

It's not quite that clear cut. That said, I hold Vanille responsible.

At any rate, I've got Lenna up to lvl 37 or so, and have almost finished grabbing all the things from her event that I want. I'll be hopping back to trying to master the most recent elite dungeons before the new FFXIII ones open up.

Signature of Holding

25. - Top - End - #85
    Firbolg in the Playground

Flumph

It did all go "just as planned". Why was there a Pulse Fal'cie lying around inside Cocoon where just anyone could trip over it? So that someone would.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by GloatingSwine View Post
    It did all go "just as planned". Why was there a Pulse Fal'cie lying around inside Cocoon where just anyone could trip over it? So that someone would.
    That's one of my problems with FFXIII's storyline. The majority of the game is spent with the main characters forced into a catch-22 where they can't do anything without playing right into the whole doomsday scenario. They just kind of wander around aimlessly until the DM main villain forces them to go back and follow the plot.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

Speaking of problems with XIII's plot, the event is up now.

I like the reward structure. It's easy for my tired brain to grasp. Play and get rewarded. Play more and get more rewards. It's straightforward, and involves ample amounts of Thundajagaraja.

Too many suffixes on spells nowadays. Why, back in my day, we just used numerals...

Also, has anyone seen the stat spread on Vanille? She's a fairly awesome sub-healer or sub-caster. Her Mind makes her the third best healer, after Lenna and Aerith; her Magic puts her immediately after Terra, Rinoa and Rydia (all of whom are tied at the top). Also, she can use light armor - light armor! - which gives her more survivability than Rydia, Lenna, or Aerith. Which is good, because her defense is the second worst out of the non-Core classes (only Rydia's is worse). Her attack is also the worst among the non-Core classes, but that doesn't matter nearly as much for a caster.

All in all, she's a deceptively powerful character. I'm definitely going to use her in this event, possibly after. Still have to decide if she's replacing Rydia or Lenna for me, though. Probably Rydia.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Her SB deals damage to everyone and lowers enemy Resistance. If you can get her custom SB though, it also does damage to everyone and lowers their Defense. Either sounds very useful.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Barbarian in the Playground

So, I just started playing. I got Lenna, can go through this event easily enough on normal(So picked up Vanille), and my highest chars are around 30. So question: Would it be wise to dump all the growth eggs I get into buffing up one char to bring him up a few levels (probably Cloud for retaliate) in order to make this event/future dungeons easier on me until I can start getting better gear/orbs? I don't have any of my skills honed due to bad luck with the one daily I got for it(except for Cura, I got that honed once) or would it be better to use it on future chars/chars I don't use much to bring them up to speed some? I kinda wanna be able to do this on hard mode, but don;t want to try it out unless I am positive I can clear it. Thats a lot of stamina for my little pool.
    Im loathe to spend the eggs on someone that I don't feel like I would use much, but at the same time I feel like they are wasting away just sitting in my storage.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Tono View Post
    So, I just started playing. I got Lenna, can go through this event easily enough on normal(So picked up Vanille), and my highest chars are around 30. So question: Would it be wise to dump all the growth eggs I get into buffing up one char to bring him up a few levels (probably Cloud for retaliate) in order to make this event/future dungeons easier on me until I can start getting better gear/orbs? I don't have any of my skills honed due to bad luck with the one daily I got for it(except for Cura, I got that honed once) or would it be better to use it on future chars/chars I don't use much to bring them up to speed some? I kinda wanna be able to do this on hard mode, but don;t want to try it out unless I am positive I can clear it. Thats a lot of stamina for my little pool.
    Im loathe to spend the eggs on someone that I don't feel like I would use much, but at the same time I feel like they are wasting away just sitting in my storage.
    The best way to get EXP is to farm the Sunday daily dungeon. Not only do you get a ton of eggs, but you get tons of experience for every monster. As far as I can tell, the main two uses for growth eggs is to either 1) get new characters out of the kiddie pool dungeons so they won't die in two seconds if you put them in the main party, or 2) if you REALLY want to avoid using a character as much as possible.

Level 30 might be difficult on Hard. I at least wouldn't be betting on Mastery yet, but hey, even novice completion will get you Mythril.