New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: The Biting Knife Nightclub: Here there be partying monsters!

Desulus' Booth

Desulus' eyes turn venomous at Jinkei's question. He pauses a moment before taking another drink out of his bowl o' blood.

I had fed on a human in one of the villages that I controlled and they contracted vampirism. Her idiot friends thought that killing me would cure the disease. They followed me to that cave and staked me through the heart.

A humorless smile comes across his face.

Unfortunately for them it takes more then that. By the time I was through with them I had bled from the stake to the point that I went into that form of stasis you found me in.

--

Upper Floor

Rist looks between the two people whom he would love nothing more than to turn them into stabbing posts for his blades.

What do you want with me?

2. - Top - End - #272

[The Upper Floor]

"You two know each other, eh?" Albricht asks, turning from one to the other as he stabs at the food on his plate, before fixing upon Ilyona. What a strange thing she really is. "Were you following him when we met?" Rist's question goes ignored, of course.
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2015-06-20 at 09:47 PM.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Orc in the Playground

[Desulus' Booth]

Jinkei shivers at the sight of his eyes.

"What did... no, I don't want to know..." She looks afraid. Very afraid.

Calm down, Jinkei. He's yours to command, to an extent.

"You can't do that... you can't rampantly feed on people here! There are repercussions! That's why this bar exists!"

[The Upper Floor]

"Yes, I was twailing him! Wist is a goody-two shoes who sawves a silly Suna pewson that wants him to die."
    She noms on some bacon.

"You can do what yew want with him!"

4. - Top - End - #274

Desulus' Booth

Desulus looks down at Jinkei thoughtfully, eyeing veins and arteries.

That should be fine for now. Though you'll just have to do when we are on the move.

--

Upper Floors

Rist maintains an impassive expression and decides against commenting that he wonders how much Illyona would fetch at a junk yard.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Orc in the Playground

Desulus' Booth

Jinkei's eyes widen in horror.

"NO! No feeding on me! We'll get a takeaway bloodbag here, but no feeding on me!"

6. - Top - End - #276

[The Upper Floor]

"Mm. You really do piss off the worst people, brat." And silence descends for a moment, as he mops up the grease on his plate with a hunk of bread and chews it down, but his eyes don't move. They stay fixed upon Rist with a glowering anger, until he finally has to speak again, "And you can wipe that look off your face. We're going to make you work for us, and I'm sure you can imagine all the ways Ilyona here could do that.."

7. - Top - End - #277

Desulus' Booth

Desulus looks confused by Jinkei's reaction.

I never said I would turn you.

--

Upper Floor

If you think you can force me to do anything you are sorely mistaken.

Rist decides to go about things differently as his lips curl into a cruel smile.

Tell me, when I set your friend on fire, did he melt or did he turn into a bunch of burnt cookie crumbs?
    Last edited by DoomITP; 2015-06-21 at 12:40 AM.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Orc in the Playground

[The Upper Floor]

Ilyona finishes eating her food. "Food source containing nutrients, for recharging." She turns to face Rist. "Rist the priest, not very smart, or he wouldn't be making his problem worse by making threats. Should I wemove his ability to talk, Albwicht?"

[Desulus' Booth]

"I am not your emergency food source!" Jinkei yells, the look of horror still on her face. "I don't want any vampires biting me!"
    Last edited by Cyber Punk; 2015-06-21 at 01:41 AM.

9. - Top - End - #279

[The Upper Floor]

"Oh, I could do that fine on my own." Albricht takes his victory in the look on the priest's face, chuckling, and waves his fork in Rist's face. "Besides, if you start acting up, what happens to this one? Think you'll get away from us hauling him?" He nods to the fourth person in the room, the boy sitting so quietly, his skin visibly wrong, and his eyes full of uncomprehending terror. "Not likely."
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2015-06-21 at 05:05 AM.

10. - Top - End - #280

Desulus' Booth

Desulus looks vastly irritated at this point. If the roles were reversed, he wouldn't mind letting Jinkei feed if needed, especially since the two are bound for the rest of eternity.

So you don't want me to feed off you, you don't intend to let me sire any new vampires... What exactly did you intend to DO with me?

--

Upper Floors

I think you fail to understand that I can escape at any time I like. So the second you hurt that boy, you've lost the only thing keeping the two of you alive. So instead of playing these games any further, why don't you tell me what you want with me.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Zhareen and Vax]

Ponies are monsters now? I guess Ezra must be a part of the anti-brony club.
    "It does sounds like a challenge, isn't the majority of people in this world non-human? It can be taken for discrimination towards an minority rather than catering for many." Like the anti-human club! "But Sekai instructed us to tell you something while I'm here. She wanted me to inform you that she have set up a new form of defense around the castle so you're advised to not instantaneously travel inside."
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Eagle View Post
    [Zhareen and Vax]

"Well, I try my best, Vax." Ezra smiles at her. "There's always something for everyone, that much is true."

He turns to Zhareen. "Humans are welcome here... as long as they're comfortable being in a club with us non-humans."

A nod. "I never instantaneously teleport from place to place for no just cause, so I'm good. I'm rather traditional, though, and I'll tell you: even when you can teleport, there's nothing that beats legging it yourself!" He chuckles. Well, it's not like anyone would get the wrong idea... except maybe Sekai.

"Well, I know your wife now, Zhareen, so it's only fair you get to know my significant others." He points to KC. "That blond-haired lady that came to serve you earlier? She's one of them." They don't really need to know this, but he figures it's a way of bonding. "The muscular red-headed one is the second... well, technically the first."
    [Zhareen and Vax]

Vax doesn't even raise an eyebrow. The Fourth Tower is hardly full of people who value monogamy. "And I take it you all run this establishment together?" She inquires. It seems likely, though maybe others are involved.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Orc in the Playground

[The Upper Floor]

Ilyona giggles. "We're well aware of that, the three of us. Silly pwiest, I've alweady done my wawk on him! Too bad, I wanted to be fwiends. Besides, I'm suwe Albwicht has pwepawed faw the eventuality that you twy to fwee yawself! The question is... are you feeling lucky?"

[Desulus' Booth]

"I didn't plan on getting a vampire lord friend companion!" Jinkei shakes her head in frustration. "I thought maybe I could... y'know... show you how things are done here?"

13. - Top - End - #283

[The Upper Floor]

"Oh, believe me.. Keep it up, and I'll shoot the boy in the knees, slow you down a little." Albricht pats the gun at his side fondly, and reaches for the plate he left out for Rist, spearing up a bite of hash and sausage and holding it out in front of the priest's mouth. "Now, both of you want to know about the master, hmm?"

"He is His Highness Aurel Adel Gregori, second of his name, ruler of all the lands known as the Old Country. And my family has served him for seven generations. It's his curse that makes me like this. It's him who's sent me out to find you. It's him who knows why you're needed, and me who's here to keep you busy until then." Which explains, at least, how he came to be made entirely out of gingerbread. If none of the other questions.
    "Now you can blame me, or the master, or your gods for what's happened so far. But if I do have to shoot the boy, it'll only be you."

14. - Top - End - #284

[Non-humanoids]

Jinkei sighs heavily. "That's a relief. No, I'm not reading your mind right now, but what was I supposed to think, with the way you phrased your words?"

Only then does she notice his stance. She starts to get up. "I'll just... leave now."
    [Non-humanoids]

He is still not sure what she means since non of them mentioned what the other means.
    "I' not really a fan of the 'other services' offered here until now." he starts. "The involuntary fly was enougth for one day and I just assume your would do something simular." The scorpions stance slowly go back to normal. He is not a violent guy, but reading his mind without his eprmission is rude.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

15. - Top - End - #285

Desulus' Booth

I'd suggest getting used to the idea. We are stuck together. Quite literally forever.

He pauses a moment.

Having me around has it's benefits, I suppose. If you ever wanted to pursue being a vampire, I can do that. If you simply need someone to keep you protected, I can do that as well.

Desulus' interest is piqued ever so slightly.

What exactly did you have in mind.

Upper Floors

Rist ignores the food being held in front of his face.

Actually you'll find I can blame you completely. You threw tear gas into a pack of innocent villagers. You injured an uncounted many with your vines. You hit me with your electricity. You demanded I come with you, offering no explanation for why I'm here. You are the one threatening to hurt the boy. Do not try to make this about me. Only you control your actions.

Rist responds, allowing no anger to show through his voice.

Honestly as a result of your methods so far, I have no idea why I should want to help your master anyway. What person worth helping or trusting would behave as you have? I hope you understand why with the circumstances of our meeting would lead me to think this way. If you had said Rist, we need your help I would have said, no problem, let me lead these refugees to safety and then I will join you.
    Last edited by DoomITP; 2015-06-22 at 02:29 PM.

16. - Top - End - #286

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Zhareen and Vax]

Vax doesn't even raise an eyebrow. The Fourth Tower is hardly full of people who value monogamy. "And I take it you all run this establishment together?" She inquires. It seems likely, though maybe others are involved.
    [Zhareen and Vax]

"So many wives, do you have any husbands too?" Zhareen asks curiously, deciding not to wait for him to answer Vax's question.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    Vax doesn't even raise an eyebrow. The Fourth Tower is hardly full of people who value monogamy.
    If Axanot could read thoughts and heard that, she would've headed for the Fourth Tower, looking for potential partners

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    "So many wives, do you have any husbands too?" Zhareen asks curiously
    Over at the bar, the redhead and the blond(e) start chatting. The eyes of the former seem to be sparkling in delight *.*

'It's unlikely, Axxie. Ezra's largely straight,' the yellow-haired person says, patting Axanot on the head.

Axanot pouts. 'Dammit, KC!'

'Wait, did she just say wives?' A look of horror crosses Kelcey's face, then Axanot's. 'Considering Ezra's past- nearlygotmarriedwhenhisfianceedied- do you think he will...'

18. - Top - End - #288
    Orc in the Playground

[Non-humanoids]

Jinkei gets up but doesn't go. "Is there anything I can help you with, then? You're not making it easy to understand you... do you need help climbing on... wait one second."

She departs for several seconds, then returns with a metallic sheet to cover the couch with.

"Move away, and I'll cover the couch with this. That way you can enjoy your meal, and not have to worry about ruining the couch with lava."

[Desulus' Booth]

"Joy." Jinkei says rather sarcastically, then puts her head in her palms. "What am I going to doooooo?"

She looks up in shock. "NO! Me, a vampire?! As inviting as that may be, the hunger for blood and the inherent evil... no, NO NO!" She twiddles her thumbs. "I do need some protection, though..." She says, rather bashfully.

Jinkei scratches her marked pink tail. "Well... I guess... maybe we could tour the Nexus? Or maybe Mr. Sharpe could show you around? Don't touch his girlfriends, though, or... I'll just say Mr. Sharpe doesn't need to protect them."

[The Upper Floor]

"Adew? He can make my test subjects into candy? Oh gowwy!" Ilyona claps her metal hands happily.

"Surprise at the priest's capacity to comprehend science. The pwiest knows what ewectwicity is?" She wonders aloud. "I thought pwiests were unciviwized. I awe-ways want to be fwiends with them but they act mean!" She looks pointedly at Rist as she says this. "Not surprised. All war priests care about is dying for a lost cause. Pity."

[Zhareen and Vax]

"But of course, Vax, oh my, yes!" Ezra responds with a smile. "My wives... my significant others and I, we share everything."

He frowns at Zhareen's question. "I'm not into men, Zhareen. My brother-in-law, the windpire..." He points to Archibald, who's presently serving two vampires and a decayed lady. They look to be angry with each other. "... his preference is men-only, just as mine is women-only."

Spoiler: Between Ezra, Axxie and KC
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by goto124 View Post
    If Axanot could read thoughts and heard that, she would've headed for the Fourth Tower, looking for potential partners

Wait, did she just say wives?' A look of horror crosses Kelcey's face, then Axanot's. 'Considering Ezra's past- nearlygotmarriedwhenhisfianceedied- do you think he will...'
    (Group) Ezra_Sharpe: 'Bad Axxie! No adding men to our quadruple!'
    (Group) Ezra_Sharpe: '>:('
    (Group) Ezra_Sharpe: 'Wait...'
    (Group) Ezra_Sharpe: 'KC... you don't want to get married? So I should shelve plans to marry the both of you?'
    (Group) Ezra_Sharpe: 'I wouldn't want to marry only Desiree... T_T '

19. - Top - End - #289
    Halfling in the Playground

Tall, buxom, and utterly black. All of these describe the Lady Eschelle, who sweeps into the club with her broad mouth in the grip of a haughty smile. Her long legs eat up huge stretches of club floor, without any real grace but with pride, with a presumption that those before her ought to move, that they're utterly in her way. Her sharp, tall heels seem unafraid to smash the toes of anyone who contests that fact.

She's dressed in a simple charcoal-colored number, a sheeny, slinky thing that clings to her hips and winds up to her shoulders. It's low cut - extremely - so much so that one not only catches a healthy glimpse of her chest but the belly beneath it too. The obsidian ectoplasm that covers every inch of her body - like a glove over the Lady's skin - devours the lights of the establishment, refusing viciously to change color or shift hue. Purple veins of light claw and climb on her shoulders, her naked calves, the edges of her thighs when one can spot them as the dress sways.

Bubblegum-pink hair falls in a fluffy, almost edible cascade, framing her long, delicate face and the tops of her shoulders. It exudes from beneath a huge broad-brimmed hat, a great dark thing with shimmering jewels and flowers adorning its crown. The hat flops and sways very slightly with each step she takes.

Behind her are three individuals. The first two are no larger than mice. Tiny blobs, round, teardrop shaped, featureless creatures the color of the Lady Eschelle's hair. They walk on skinny, pointed legs, and scurry to keep up with their personal goddess. Their creator.

Another, the last of the three, walks just behind them. The Lady Eschelle's companion for the evening... though that does not mean she is unapproachable.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2015-06-23 at 07:12 PM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

20. - Top - End - #290

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    Tall, buxom, and utterly black. All of these describe the Lady Eschelle, who sweeps into the club with her broad mouth in the grip of a haughty smile. Her long legs eat up huge stretches of club floor, without any real grace but with pride, with a presumption that those before her ought to move, that they're utterly in her way. Her sharp, tall heels seem unafraid to smash the toes of anyone who contests that fact.

She's dressed in a simple charcoal-colored number, a sheeny, slinky thing that clings to her hips and winds up to her shoulders. It's low cut - extremely - so much so that one not only catches a healthy glimpse of her chest but the belly beneath it too. The obsidian ectoplasm that covers every inch of her body - like a glove over the Lady's skin - devours the lights of the establishment, refusing viciously to change color or shift hue. Purple veins of light claw and climb on her shoulders, her naked calves, the edges of her thighs when one can spot them as the dress sways.

Bubblegum-pink hair falls in a fluffy, almost edible cascade, framing her long, delicate face and the tops of her shoulders. It exudes from beneath a huge broad-brimmed hat, a great dark thing with shimmering jewels and flowers adorning its crown. The hat flops and sways very slightly with each step she takes.

Behind her are three individuals. Two tiny blobs, round, teardrop shaped, featureless creatures the color of the Lady Eschelle's hair. They walk on skinny, pointed legs, and scurry to keep up with their personal goddess. Their creator.

Another, the last of the three, walks just behind them. The Lady Eschelle's companion for the evening... though that does not mean she is unapproachable.
    A pale young drow maiden, skin ashen and eyes alight with verdant malachite irises, sits upon a stool, her pale sakura-petal dyed hair entwined in a Chinese bun. A short robe of evergreen, rose hem lining the edges of the garment, adorns her lithe and agile form, a sleeveless black garment cloaking the rest of the torso and neck still visible. Knee-high umber boots shield the youthful warrior's shins and feet, tight black leggings shrouding the legs of the lissome lass. Jade gloves cloak her forearms and the dexterous fingers she manipulates to grasp a steaming cup of tea.
    Akane, for that is the title of this youthful drowess, watches the small group enter with curiosity, her visage bearing a slight grin of amicable disposition
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

21. - Top - End - #291

Lady Eschelle's companion isn't nearly as provocative, being dressed in a full white robe, mostly worn underneath a black armor with golden adornments. Her face is partly hidden by a hood though her features are still visible, white skin, light blond hair and blue eyes who scans the establishment suspiciously. "I'm not sure this place is meant for my kind. I can tell you that there is darkness hidden here behind this facade they're keeping up." Ambrosia declares confidently as her eyes changes from blue to glowing green, her pupils shrinking down to miniscule black orbs.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ogre in the Playground

[Zhareen and Vax]

Vax chuckles lightly, finding something funny apparently. "Is it just me or is this place starting to feel like home, love?" She gives Zhareen a sidelong smile. She's referring to their compound, of course. Such different people.

23. - Top - End - #293

[Non-humanoids]

Jinkei gets up but doesn't go. "Is there anything I can help you with, then? You're not making it easy to understand you... do you need help climbing on... wait one second."

She departs for several seconds, then returns with a metallic sheet to cover the couch with.

"Move away, and I'll cover the couch with this. That way you can enjoy your meal, and not have to worry about ruining the couch with lava."
    [Non-humanoids]

It might be good to describe the situation. Right now Tovpir is standing at the table his food and drink were served. The couch next to him got several holes so far from his feet as he climbed on and of of it. Some kind of Magic covers the couch right now. That's something Kelcey did if I don't mix chars.

"Easy to understand? I just asked for some kind of Rock or such to sit on, then the other waites made this." he points at the magical alyer. "And used telekinesis without permission to send me on an unpleasent fly." Tovpir says. "First off, I am able to get there myself. I'm just not really sure it will carry me. As you might have noticed I'm not like the humanoid guests I saw here."

It'm not sure what kind of sheet it is, but if it covers most of the couch and Jinkei can carry it, I doubt it will carry the stone scorpion.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

24. - Top - End - #294

[The Upper Floor]

"Oh, don't think you're spiting me. I'm happy to see you starve." But he sets the plate aside all the same, and reaches into his pocket for a heavy, antiquated injector, the cast iron needle nearly blunt. He lifts it to the sunlight for Rist to see, the liquid within glinting an evil shade of green. More sleeping venom. "Knock him out and tie him up, will you? I'm done with trying to make this easy."

"Leave the other one, I'll see to him."
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2015-06-24 at 04:27 AM.

25. - Top - End - #295

Upper Floor

Rist at this point is apathetic to the situation at hand, he instead slumps himself down onto the floor and shuts his eyes.

That is quite unnecessary. Wake me up when your master gets here.

--

Desulus' Booth

I suppose the offer still stands. Nothing wrong with being a vampire.

Desulus' smile turns vulpine at the mention of leaving Ezra's girlfriends alone.

Who says I'd have to force myself on them or be threatening? Though as a favor to you, I will leave them be.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Orc in the Playground

[Non-humanoids]

Jinkei nods. "In that case..." She removes her slippers and climbs onto the block. "See? It's holding my weight!"

Climbing down, she wears her shoes again, then sits on the block. "See? If it can hold me without budging, then it can hold you as well! Don't be such a baby!" A pause. "Erm... please?"

[The Upper Floor]

"Can't be too cawefuw!" The gynoid grabs the syringe and sticks Rist with it. "Nighty-night, Wist!"

Ilyona suddenly perks up, then squeals with joy! "Lyov has arrived. My bwothew has come hewe! Maybe he will come with yaw mastew?"

[Desulus' Booth]

"Good man."

Why is all this happening to her? "A warning, Dessie. I'm like girls, not guys." Never had the chance to try guys, but she won't let him know that. "So don't... don't try anything funny!"

27. - Top - End - #297

Desulus' Booth

Desulus' smile widens.

"I think you protest too much and far too quickly."

28. - Top - End - #298
    Orc in the Playground

[Desulus' Booth]

Jinkei whines in frustration. "I think... we need to show you around! Things have changed in 800 years!"

"Hurry up with your food. After that, we're going on a trip!" While I think of what to do with you!

29. - Top - End - #299

Desulus' Booth

Desulus, most likely in an attempt to mess with Jinkei picks up the bowl and drains it in the space of about three seconds. He grins at Jinkei, revealing his fangs and stands up.

After you?

30. - Top - End - #300
    Orc in the Playground

[Desulus' Booth]

"Oh, that is IT!" Jinkei slams her fist on the table, gets up and stares down Desulus.

"Now, you listen to me good. I will not treat you like a slave, but I will not bend over backwards and watch you try and terrify me for your own amusement! You want an order? Something to do? Then I'll give you one: get out of my sight until I have need for you!"

There's a moment of silence. It takes all of Jinkei's willpower to keep from backing down and apologizing. Then she realizes how much it feels good to stand up to this creature of the night.

"Either that, or you be a good boy, actually try and get along with me and we can be friends." She sits back down and crosses her legs. "Like you said, we are bound for eternity. Now, I could be bluffing, or there could be a side of me that's tired of being scared and wants to get out. The question is: are you feeling lucky?"

Desulus might be shocked. After all, that came from nowhere.

"Your move, vampire."