New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: The Biting Knife Nightclub: Here there be partying monsters!

[Keiko]

Not knowing what to do, Raquel follows Kelcey and listens in to the conversation, her eyes wide. She'd never played games much (apart from board games with the old hermit), but to think that there are people from computer games...

"Y-you are a personal computer?" She curtsies in greeting to Axanot, something common among the different versions of Rochelle, and adjusts her glasses (something unique to her, she adjusts them when nervous, which is all the time).

Personal computer. That's what PC means!

Raquel boggles again as Keiko talks. In order to make it easy for others, she whistles a tune, casting an illusion where Keiko's words appear as letters projected on the wall.
    Last edited by Cyber Punk; 2015-05-18 at 11:23 AM.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The Biting Knife Nightclub: We need more Dominos

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Eagle View Post
    Bar

Sharpe nods. "I hear that! I like being a vampire as well. Sure, the circumstances of my turning was unfortunate, and my bride-to-be committed suicide, but it worked out well in the end." He looks almost wistful. "But then, people tend to hate what they don't understand. Hopefully this place would help reduce that to some extent."
    Bar
    ((Is red the universal monster speech color?))
    Domnus nods agreement.
    Some people also hate what isn't them, and a lot of people aren't elf vampires.
    He pauses.
    Those sound like some bad conditions of turning. I have no clue what happened to my family, or even if they are alive. I don't even know how long I have been a vampire. But as you said, all is well that ends well. And this place seems like a great place to end things well.
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

[Keiko the Foxgirl with Shadow Powers]

Kelcey turns to Raquel. 'Don't mean to be rude, but please wait a moment- Axxie's a bit busy right now.'

Quote Originally Posted by Fenric View Post
    Oh, yeah! Like the Star-Craft guys! And aren't those pokey-things a game, too? I'm pretty sure I heard someone say they were. We don't have computers back on our home world, and I got a really stern lecture about not telling folks back home about stuff I see here in the Nexus 'cause it will mess up the balance whatever that means. Anyways, I guess she means "Playable Character", right? 'cause the only other PC I know is "Personal Computer" which doesn't make any sense.
    'Yea, spot on!' the duo gasp with surprise, accidentally answering Raquel's question. Nevermind that they're from a text-based adventure game.

And the Shadows! It's a place! Um... see, this is where we need one of those schoolbook folks to come out and ramble on... It's half light, half dark, and uh... has its own sort of magic. It touches the material world in two dimensions but has a different third one, and uh... See, if I use my fox magic, I can drain people's emotions... that doesn't really hurt them and they'll come back eventually. But I can go all faded and ghosty and my eyes glow red and then if I touch someone it drains away their strength and they can die and if they do then they turn into Shadows. If I don't rescue them right away they turn into nasty hissy monster things like in Midnight Park, but if I take them back to the Shadows right away then they usually turn into shade-imps and I have a job placement place that I take them to so they can find something to do and I get a referral fee if they take a job there. Sometimes they turn into shade-wights or even wraiths, then I take them back to Daddy's castle 'cause he's always looking for new servants and they're usually really happy to take the positions.

Her ears fold a little... somehow, people always seem to get unhappy around this point in her talking.

Sorry... I know I talk too much...
    Neither Axanot nor KC find any reason to be upset. The former reaches out for Keiko's ears, but the latter grabs her arm and glares sternly at her. Axxie fully retracts her arm, an apologetic look on her face.

While Axxie reads, KC says, 'It's okay. You didn't use overly complicated words, and it's easier when you can almost literally read words like a book.' Like what Raquel did with her illusion of words on the wall.

Axanot pokes herself, then says, 'Midnight Park? I was there with Sharpe! Helped Mistress Sweet Spring kill some nightgaunts there- she even rewarded me! Don't tell me they used to be PCs?' Axanot boggles.

Talking to Keiko, KC says, 'You do have some impressive powers, Keiko. Remind me not to mess with you.'

Not that it's that bad to be a wraith servant in a castle, especially if you compare it to getting killed again by an adventurer. These two people, being freedom lovers, would rather avoid it though.
    Last edited by goto124; 2015-05-18 at 06:52 PM.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Pixie in the Playground

[Keiko]

(( I have always used red for my darker characters. ))

Keiko sighs in palpable relief as the assembled folks don't immediately turn on her.

Thanks. And no... I'm pretty sure they were all NPC's or even just natural wild shadows - they can be pretty unpleasant.

But Nightgaunts are from the Gloom - they're a lot worse.

Her ears are bouncing up and down: now she's a little embarrassed by the praise. This, in turn, makes her fail a will check she doesn't realize that she has to make and she takes out her ball. It is black like her fur, with a shimmering multicolored pearlescent sheen. She rolls it around absently, as if she didn't realize she even had it out (which is, in fact, correct). It is gently hypnotic to look at - but in the subdued manner of flowing water or fire or other distracting things.

It's not that special, really... I've hardly learned anything yet: just stuff I was born with or granted powers from my sister.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Bugbear in the Playground

A woman enters, clad in a violet scarf and Black tee shirt. A snowy skirt is paired with black tights and white combat boots. The albino-haired woman wears a black military cap, her left eye a vivid violet while her right remains below an eyepatch. Black fingerless gloves adorn her hands, and a tundra-white military jacket is slung over her shoulder.
    Blanche surveys the location as she enters, leaving the cleaver-like blade to rest upon her back.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

[Keiko]

(( I have always used red for my darker characters. ))

Keiko sighs in palpable relief as the assembled folks don't immediately turn on her.

Thanks. And no... I'm pretty sure they were all NPC's or even just natural wild shadows - they can be pretty unpleasant.

But Nightgaunts are from the Gloom - they're a lot worse.

Her ears are bouncing up and down: now she's a little embarrassed by the praise. This, in turn, makes her fail a will check she doesn't realize that she has to make and she takes out her ball. It is black like her fur, with a shimmering multicolored pearlescent sheen. She rolls it around absently, as if she didn't realize she even had it out (which is, in fact, correct). It is gently hypnotic to look at - but in the subdued manner of flowing water or fire or other distracting things.

It's not that special, really... I've hardly learned anything yet: just stuff I was born with or granted powers from my sister.
    [Keiko]

Kelcey spots the new customer, says an 'Excuse me, I must get back to work,' then goes to attend to her. Leaving Axanot with Keiko.

'A lot worse? Those nightgaunts did nothing- only got a bit of flesh off my body. Nothing a simple Heal pot can't fix. Sharpe got unnecessarily worried about it somehow,' she shrugs. It's great to be a tank who can also quaff potions mid-combat.

Axanot watches the ball as well. Pretty! Without any knowledge of it, it's impossible to say what it does. If it does anything. Does it bounce?

'You can already drain emotions and turn someone into shadows. That's more impressive than simply dealing damage.'

(Fenric: I saw Trog's. Does Keiko need help hiding? )
    Last edited by goto124; 2015-05-19 at 06:33 PM.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Halfling in the Playground

A Job'd Be Nice

A suit of black and purple beskar'gam armor walks in. Funnily enough, there just so happens to be a person inside as well!
    Kote Atin, Mandalorian Bounty Hunter and Sniper Extraordinaire, has realized that he needs to get a job while waiting on his crew.

Maybe a bouncer isn't the most illustrious career, but his armor is iron and his will is too. He isn't concerned by monsters, having traveled across many galaxies, and he's capable of taking a dealing a considerable amount of damage.

Basically, if you don't know what a Mandalorian is, he's a Space Spartan (Greece not Halo).
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show

8. - Top - End - #38
    Pixie in the Playground

[Keiko]

(( No: she's not avoiding the Freakshow - she hired them, and it's all quite reasonable and proper. ))

Keiko idly spins the ball: it sounds heavy, like stone or glass, and probably wouldn't bounce. It has several different abilities, but none of them are in use right now so that's of little help. Doesn't help that our oblivious little foxie is too distracted to notice it's there.

Worse than wild shadows, I mean. And yeah, I guess so... but I still need to learn how to use the other abilities I'm supposed to have. It's never mattered before, but I'm supposed to be able...

She had picked her hand up, gesturing about but still holding the ball, and it finally catches her eye.

What the...? A black Kitsune ball? Aww... man...

9. - Top - End - #39
    Orc in the Playground

((Using red for Sharpe was a spur of the moment thing. ))

[Keiko]

Raquel curtsies and leaves, taking her illusion with her. So Axanot and Kelcey are from a video game. The Nexus is strange.

Little does she know that she's from a novel and that her evil twin is from a 80's anime (a la Fist Of The North Star).

She approaches Blanche and curtsies. "Hello miss. I'm Raquel. Can I get you something?"

[Bar]

Sharpe chuckles. "All's well that ends well." He clears his throat as he looks around the club, then back at Domnus. "So you're the wandering sort, eh?" A pause. "Three seconds, please."

Sharpe takes a piece of metal from a jar full of pieces of metal and starts eating it. He looks in the direction of the Space Spartan.

>Dagger-Tell to Axxie.

His red eyes glow.

(Group) Klaus Sharpe: Axxie, we have a new aspiring Bouncer.
    Last edited by Cyber Punk; 2015-05-19 at 11:27 AM.

10. - Top - End - #40

Bar

Atin's sensor arrays interpret Sharpe's words for him, which also let's him know who he needs to talk to.

He walks over to Sharpe. What's a Mando gotta do to get a job around here? Kote asks, crossing his arms.

He isn't a large man, so Axxie may not think he'd make a good bouncer, but this clearly isn't Kote's first rodeo, as evidenced by his armor, his weapons, and his aura.
    As for weapons, he carries a large sniper rifle slung across his back, a short blade strapped to his leg, and a shield emitter on his left arm.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

11. - Top - End - #41
    Orc in the Playground

[Bar]

((Atin shouldn't be able to, as it's a mind/soul communication between Sharpe and that particular girlfriend of his.))

(Group) Klaus Sharpe: 'Nevermind.'

Sharpe doesn't know what a Mando is, but he was right, this being is looking for a job. "Howdy there. You talk to me, for starters. What can I do for you?"
    Last edited by Cyber Punk; 2015-05-19 at 01:37 PM.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Bugbear in the Playground

Blanche thinks for a moment.
    Just a glass of [generic cola/soda], please.
    The woman requests.
    You guys won't get the wrong idea if I clean my weapon here, would you? I'd rather not have an incorrect accusement of planning to attack happen, she inquires.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

Bar-Wanderer

Domnus nods.
    Yeah, wandered ever since a bit before I became a vampire, however long ago that was.
    He gestures to red markings (war paint?) on his chest.
    I don't even remember where I got these or what they are, but they aren't scars, and they won't go away.
    He smiles.
    Show

14. - Top - End - #44

[Bar]

((Atin shouldn't be able to, as it's a mind/soul communication between Sharpe and that particular girlfriend of his.))

(Group) Klaus Sharpe: 'Nevermind.'

Sharpe doesn't know what a Mando is, but he was right, this being is looking for a job. "Howdy there. You talk to me, for starters. What can I do for you?"
    Bar

)(My bad, I thought it was whispered aloud)(

Atin removes his helmet and tucks it against his side, like a football.
    I don't know jack about mixing drinks, but I can knock a few heads together when they've had a few too many.
    Ya got a place for me, boss?

His tone isn't exactly disrespectful, but it's obvious that the man has a fairly easy-going way of life.

Oh, and the name's Kote Atin.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

((I drew Kelcey away from Blanche. Sorry about that.))

[Bar]

Sharpe chuckles. "All's well that ends well." He clears his throat as he looks around the club, then back at Domnus. "So you're the wandering sort, eh?" A pause. "Three seconds, please."

Sharpe takes a piece of metal from a jar full of pieces of metal and starts eating it. He looks in the direction of the Space Spartan.

>Dagger-Tell to Axxie.

His red eyes glow.

(Group) Klaus Sharpe: Axxie, we have a new aspiring Bouncer.
    Axanot turns to look at Sharpe, and starts walking towards him.

Spoiler: Stuff that only Sharpe, Axanot and Kelcey are able to sense
    Show

(Group) XxangelotT: hey, gtell works here!
    (Group) Lord Nassah: glad to hear the aardwolf flags worked
    (Group) XxangelotT: i see the applicant. do i have to interview him? idk how to do that sorta thing
    (Group) Lord Nassah: theres not much to interview him about, is there?
    (Group) XxangelotT: i must admit, when i was told to be head bouncer, i thought i would handle only npc bouncers...
    Last edited by goto124; 2015-05-19 at 07:11 PM.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Orc in the Playground

Raquel simply curtsies. "Of course we won't. This place has magical wards that'll prevent anyone from attacking anyone successfully."

Then she rushes to the bar to get her Cola.

[A Wanderer Walks In A Bar]

"D'you mind if I examine it?"
    Sharpe will examine the markings via magical means if he's allowed, otherwise he'd simply apologize. "I mean nothing by it."

He turns to Kote. "Well, Kote, I'm sure a bouncer job'll suit you just fine." He glances to Axanot.

(Group) Klaus Sharpe: KC, why d'you insist on keeping your name as Lord Nassah? Feels weird.
    (Group) Klaus Sharpe: We'll interview him together as needed, love.
    Last edited by Cyber Punk; 2015-05-20 at 04:43 AM.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

A wanderer walks into a bar. Ouch

Domnus nods. The markings look something like the ones on this guy's stomach:
    Spoiler: Image
    Show

They are not at all magical, and seem more like war paint than anything else. Except for the fact that they cannot be removed.
    They aren't even bothersome or anything. They're just there.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

[A Wanderer Walks Into A Bar. Take 1d6 damage.]

Axanot looks at Kote. 'Overprepared, huh? she grins.

Her attention is quickly captured by Domnus though. When Sharpe talks, Axanot grins even wider, and wriggles her eyebrows. This earns a disapproving jab from Kelcey.

Spoiler: More psychic messages
    Show

(Group) Lord Nassah: i didnt insist, sharpe. im stuck with it
    (Group) Lord Nassah nick kelcey
    (Group) Lord Nassah: bah. you could change your nick, try changing mine?

((As per our IRC chat, there! :D)
    Last edited by goto124; 2015-05-20 at 10:44 PM.

19. - Top - End - #49

Bar

Alright, how frequent are paydays and when do I start?
    Every instinct tells Atin to put his helmet back on his head. After all, to many of the creatures in this pub, he's prey.

His head turns to face Axanot, No such thing as overprepared, only over supplied. Don't worry, I won't normally bring the big guns along for the ride.
    Kote maintains his relaxed composure, standing at ease.
    Last edited by Aric Kale; 2015-05-20 at 11:50 AM.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

20. - Top - End - #50
    Orc in the Playground

[Wandering Bar Guy]

"Hmm... looks like a war tattoo of sorts." He observes, then straightens up. "Can't say where it's from, though."

Spoiler: psychic love messages
    Show

(Group) Klaus_Sharpe: /nick Lord Nassah -> Nancy_KC
    (Group) Klaus_Sharpe: There!
    (Group) Klaus_Sharpe: /nick me -> K_Sharpe
    (Group) K_Sharpe: Let's make up for lost time, Nancy.

Sharpe winks at KC.

Sharpe grins at Kote. "Paydays per week. You can start now." He points to Axanot. "She's in charge of bouncers."
    Last edited by Cyber Punk; 2015-05-20 at 10:59 PM.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

[Wandering Guy Bar]

Spoiler: secret group chat
    Show

(Group) Nancy_KC: ...
    (Group) Nancy_KC: it worked!
    (Group) Nancy_KC beams at K_Sharpe.
    (Group) Nancy_KC: make up for lost time? what do you mean?
    (Group) XxangelotT: making up by making out!
    (Group) Nancy_KC: ... really? now?

Axanot starts fumbling. 'Well er... just stand at the door. We have a no-violence spell here, took ages to wrap my mind around it, must be from Shadowrun or something, so it shouldn't be too bad. Worse come to worst, teleport them.'
    Last edited by goto124; 2015-05-20 at 11:26 PM.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Orc in the Playground

While Sharpe waits for their answers:
    Spoiler
    Show

(Group) K_Sharpe: Yep, now =3
    (Group) K_Sharpe: Axxie and I made out lots. Time to balance it.
    (Group) K_Sharpe: Nono, don't change or anything. Just come here and kiss me.

He moves closer to Kelcey and takes hir hand.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

KC looks around nervously. In front of all these people?

Xe takes a step closer, leans forward and... pecks Sharpe on the cheek.

Did you expect more?

24. - Top - End - #54
    Orc in the Playground

Sharpe shakes his head disapprovingly and plants a big kiss on her lips. "You both are my women. Axxie has gotten over being shy of public kissing. Maybe. Why are you so shy?"

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Sharpe shakes his head disapprovingly and plants a big kiss on hir lips. "You both are my women. Axxie has gotten over being shy of public kissing. Maybe. Why are you so shy?"
    To call it a big kiss may be an understatement. When Sharpe starts kissing, KC... gets into it.

When they finally let go, Axanot claps as Sharpe says his line.

Spoiler
    Show

(Group) XxangelotT: was i ever? :3
    (Group) Nancy_KC: because i am?
    (Group) XxangelotT: is kc an woman? :P
    (Group) Nancy_KC: idk :P
    (Group) Nancy_KC: funny how im sure who my lovers are, when im not even sure of my own gender
    Last edited by goto124; 2015-05-21 at 12:53 AM.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Orc in the Playground

Sharpe's eyes widen at that last comment.

Spoiler: Guess what: Psychic messages!
    Show

(Group) K_Sharpe: Well, you're MY woman.
    (Group) K_Sharpe boggles
    (Group) K_Sharpe: But in Masq, you said you were female. After checking to know for sure.

Sharpe clears his throat to let Kote and Domnus know he hasn't forgotten about them. He still looks confused though.

After a moment's thought, he winks at KC.

Spoiler: :smallwink:
    Show

(Group) K_Sharpe: Still, you're my woman, no matter what your gender is.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

A man walks into a wandering bar

No one can say where they're from.
    He frowns.
    They aren't bothersome, so for the most part I just ignore them.
    Last edited by Duck999; 2015-05-21 at 05:25 AM.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #58

Bar

And now everyone is kissing.
    Kote isn't sure which one is Axanot, so he'll wait to be introduced.

In the meantime, he'll look around the room, trying to get a layout of the pub.
    If he was going to work here, it'd be best to know how to defend it.

)(I'm having difficulty tracking what's all relevant to my character with all of the spoilered text, so if I miss something, let me know.)(
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

29. - Top - End - #59
    Pixie in the Playground

Keiko embarrassedly puts her ball away, hoping nobody else noticed - the people who did notice didn't seem to care, so that's a blessing.

She finishes her second drink without an audience and fishes a few coins out to pay and sneak off when two of her cultists come in. This causes her to groan

Oh holy Tamamo...

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

((Spoilered text is relevant only for F-Eagle and I.)

Spoiler
    Show
    (Group) Nancy_KC: glad to hear

KC smiles at Sharpe, if a little awkwardly. Axanot reaches over and ruffles hir yellow hair playfully.

[Relevant to Kote]

Actually, didn't Axanot talk to Kote earlier? She's the friendly redhead barbarian.

Here's what she said:
    Quote Originally Posted by goto124
    Axanot starts fumbling. 'Well er... just stand at the door. We have a no-violence spell here, took ages to wrap my mind around it, must be from Shadowrun or something, so it shouldn't be too bad. Worse come to worst, teleport them.'
    Last edited by goto124; 2015-05-21 at 07:05 PM.