New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: The Biting Knife Nightclub: Here there be partying monsters!

A moment after the cultists enter, a pair of ladies with cybernetics follows. Keiko may recognize the blonde, but the person she's with in a Kilt and with a giant saw instead of a left arm? That's a bit different. The pair is watching the cultists, and doesn't notice Keiko immediately. This opening is helped by the blonde pointing out the 'no fighting' rules to the saw girl.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Pixie in the Playground

Keiko blinks in utter astonishment

Matthew... Lewis... did you actually do something useful for a change?

The pair look at each other, then look back at Keiko and nod very sincerely. Keiko waves to the Freak she recognizes

Hey! Over here! Looking for me?! Is it all done?

3. - Top - End - #63
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Mmhm!" the blonde says, striding forward. "there's even some still alive. Might want to work fast, though!"

"I like this place!" The woman in the kilt says. "It's like Pocket D, but gnarlier. I could get used to this."

4. - Top - End - #64
    Pixie in the Playground

Keiko shakes her head

Can't.... there's a minder watching. But that's not your problem: so, I had one of Daddy's servants get everything all lined up in a cube so it won't rain all over. Are you ready?

Yeah... 1200 half-ounces of gold in the middle of a tavern. What an awesome idea! But it's the Freak's call...

5. - Top - End - #65
    Dwarf in the Playground

"What, here? No. We do it at a place of my choosing. Leave the tweedles here and I'll show you where."

Minder? That sounds like something that might be an issue. Also, 'Daddy?' Likely not Kilt's issue, but... still something worth noting.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Pixie in the Playground

Incorporeal Fenric "pbbbbbts" at the Freak

Keiko nods

Yo! Um... high priest and... uh...

One of the pair looks chagrined

Champion!

Keiko sighs

Yeah. High priest and champion: mind my spot, buy drinks no less frequently than once every half hour, and tip twenty percent until I return.

The pair stare at her in wide-eyed astonishment

Hey, you serve a Demigoddess? You get more mundane tasks. You still want a chance at my father's palace?

The mooks nod vigorously

Thought so.

She turns back to the freaks

Lead on, then: I certainly don't mean to keep you waiting!

7. - Top - End - #67
    Orc in the Playground

[Wandering Bar!]

Sharpe takes Kelcey's hand and licks hir ear.

"Still, Domnus. How have you been finding the Nexus? Also, heard of Malechenar?"

[Kote]

(See OP for layout.)

Sharpe points to the redhead. "This is Axanot, my lady." He points to the androgynous blonde. "This is Kelcey, also my WOMAN." Then he looks around. "Where's Desiree?"

8. - Top - End - #68
    Dwarf in the Playground

The freaks will lead out, heading for their little base in Inside: Freaktown.

((in the home thread))

9. - Top - End - #69
    Pixie in the Playground

Keiko heads out... leaving two quite human mid-twenties guys in strange not-quite-black outfits sitting at her table.

And she didn't leave them any money.

And she told them to order drinks.

Matthew and Lewis look around for a waitress or waiter who might help them.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

[WanderBar]

Sharpe should quickly realise that KC has no ears. Instead, he'll taste a patch of blood where hir ears would normally be.

Spoiler: blah
    Show
    (Group) XxangelotT: Femalechenar!

Axanot shrugs. 'Haven't seen her.'
    Last edited by goto124; 2015-05-21 at 10:20 PM.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

[Bar - Enter the Angels]

The patrons - and more important the bouncers - may end up a bit... Wary... as the newest patron enters; she is not, after all, a monster in the traditional sens. And given her iconography... Well. She's got metal angel's wings, a glowing sword on her back, and power armor on - unless that's just part of her body. Fear that she's about to start some sort of crusade is pretty reasonable, really.

Though despite that the dark-haired woman (who, on metal spikes rather than feet or boots, floats several feet off the floor) doesn't make any overtly threatening moves, simply looking around once she reaches the middle of the room. Probably. The glowing blue-white visor that covers her eyes makes it rather hard to tell what her eyes are doing.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2015-05-22 at 02:57 AM.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

[Bar - Return of the Mechangel]

Axanot turns to see the angel. Slowly, a look of familarity crosses her face, and she grins. 'Akaris, is that you?' she asks as she walks towards the newcomer, her arms spread wide in an attempt to give a big hug! The redhead might cut herself a bit. It's okay!

'Where have you been- on some epic adventures?' Axanot asks Akaris.
    Last edited by goto124; 2015-05-22 at 03:07 AM.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Orc in the Playground

Deadra

Deadra Blackfyre strides into the club (or awkwardly makes hr way through the doorway, depending on how big the front entrance is), dressed to the nines in her dark, dark purple dress, choker, fingerless lace gloves and studded platform boots.

Back where she is from, she ruled the underdark, and she made her way through the club as though these were her subjects as well.

She scanned the club, hoping to find the person she was supposed to meet tonight.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

14. - Top - End - #74
    Orc in the Playground

[Bar - Enter the Angels]

Fixer enters the nightclub and looks around. Sharpe had always told him he wanted to create a business that catered to monsters. He spots Sharpe and starts to walk towards him when he sights Axanot.

Funny. He used to hate her for being magic scum. Now he doesn't, partly due to meeting magic users that are actually good and responsible, obtaining a magic shield and also hearing from Sharpe that she's his new girlfriend. Or one of them, at least.

Fixer walks up to Axanot and offers a hand. "Hi. I'm Fixer, a close friend of Sharpe. You must be Axanot."

Quote Originally Posted by goto124 View Post
    [WanderBar]

Sharpe should quickly realise that KC has no ears. Instead, he'll taste a patch of blood where hir ears would normally be.
    "Que?" Sharpe draws back before he tries to bite Kelcey's head off and suck her blood. "What happened to your ears?"

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

[Bar - 'Glowing Sword' Didn't Mean 'Lightsaber'!]

Akaris is as careful as she can be with her wings as she returns the hug tightly, grinning down at her friend - but it's still possible that Axxie will end up getting cut on the sharpened feathers, seeing as nothing exactly marks her as the most cautious person in existence, and there's only so much care either of them can take in any case. "That it is. It's good to see you again too. And a few adventures, yeah - nothing big, just settling in stuff. How about you? Any more run-ins with hordes of demons and overexcited tentacle-monsters, or was that a one time deal?"

When Fixer walks over, though, the mechangel steps back cautiously, looking him over; it takes her a moment to be sure, but... Yes, this is the one who was looking over Axanot in Trog's. And called her enemy. Interesting, that he would be polite now, though she doesn't trust it, and her hand twitches towards the hilt of her sword for a moment before she thinks better of it. Starting the fight herself isn't going to make anyone happy with her, least of all her friend, since she apparently knows the owner somehow.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2015-05-22 at 03:37 AM.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

[Bar- Angels and Robots, not mutually exclusive

Axanot only gets a few cuts on her hand and forearms. She doesn't seem to notice- she didn't even bother with heals. 'I see! I myself went for a short quest in Midnight Park with Sharpe, then a really long one in Masq. It's been fun!'

Then Fixer enters and greets!

Axanot didn't even spot Fixer back at Trog's, so as far as she's concerned it's their first meeting.

'Hello, Fixer, and yes I'm Axanot! Also known as Axxie!' she beams, noting his robot-like voice. She shakes Fixer's cyborg hand with her own very mildly bloody one.

'Oh yea, I should mention, Akaris- Sharpe's my boyfriend!' Axanot gestures to him, who is with an androgynous blond-head. 'And next to him is Kelcey, my girlfrie...boyfr... my lover! So is Desiree, but she's not here yet.'

[Sharpe and KC]

'Oh, that. Eusta helped cut them off,' KC says, almost nonchalantly. 'SInce I was a horrible son and all. He figured it would be an embarrassment for an elf to lose his ears.'

KC grins. 'But Andoloran races are just refluffed humans with different racial bonuses! Not that Eusta would know that.'
    Last edited by goto124; 2015-05-22 at 09:15 PM.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Eagle View Post
    [Wandering Bar!]

Sharpe takes Kelcey's hand and licks hir ear.

"Still, Domnus. How have you been finding the Nexus? Also, heard of Malechenar?"
    WonderWander Bar

Domnus makes a strange face, then answers the questions.
    The Nexus is a nice place, most of the time. I have never heard of this Malechenar though.
    Domnus leans forward on his elbows, interested.
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Halfling in the Playground

[Kote]

(See OP for layout.)

Sharpe points to the redhead. "This is Axanot, my lady." He points to the androgynous blonde. "This is Kelcey, also my WOMAN." Then he looks around. "Where's Desiree?"
    Bar - Kote

Atin nods to each in turn.
    Kote Atin, new hire. A pleasure, I'm sure...

He seems mostly interested in finding a corner and watching the crowd.

)(Translate: Aric is not good at following fast-paced new threads )(
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show

19. - Top - End - #79
    Orc in the Playground

[Bar - Plasma Angel]

Fixer smiles. "I'm glad to see that my friend Sharpe is happy." Then he hears the name Akaris and turns to face the mechangel.

Then he grins.

"The Lady of Chains, as I live and breathe." Assuming he could be called a living being. He's more unlife. "Fancy seeing you here." He offers a hand, his purple hand covered by a purple visor looking into her own visored eyes, a smug grin on his face.

[Wunderbar]

Sharpe looks bewildered, then his eyes soften. "Want me to heal them, Nancy?" The takes hir hand and strokes it gently.

Sharpe clears his throat as he turns to Domnus. "Malechenar is a floating castle in Riverside for vampires. They help give vampires a place to stay, a place to belong, things to do... there are quite a lot of types too."

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

[Bar - Metal Angel]

Axanot momentarily wonders if Fixer breathes, but realises there isn't really a non-rude way to check.

At the moment she just lets Fixer and Akaris talk.

[Wanderbar]

KC sighs. 'Like the wounds on my arms, they're cursed. It's why I haven't grown the ears back. At least these ones are covered by my hair, so no need to try healing them.'
    Last edited by goto124; 2015-05-23 at 01:03 AM.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

[Bar - Caution: Objects in Bar Less Holy Than They Appear]

"Correct."
    She frowns slightly, looking in distrust at the offered hand for a moment before she takes it - and giving it a hard squeeze when she does, using her armor to enhance her grip. It may be silly, but... She feels like reminding him that she's not forgotten their previous talk, and is still confident that she can beat him, if it comes that.

"Greetings... Shadow."
    She stresses the title a bit, raising her voice just enough for Axanot to be more likely to take notice that that isn't the name he introduced himself with, and he apparently had no intention of informing her about his different identities, whereas she, at least, is up-front about her names, even if she does have three. "I've not forgotten you either. And yes, it is a bit of a coincidence, isn't it, that I should come check in on my friend the very night you see her again?"

The mechangel smirks a little at that last, a bruise-like wave of dark blue and black washing over her visor and through the stylized chains implanted around her eyes; while it's all very polite, Fixer, at least, and possibly Axxie too, can probably tell that Akaris is warning him off, and at least implying that she keeps an eye on him.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2015-05-23 at 01:30 AM.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Orc in the Playground

[Bar - Metal Angel]

Does Fixer breathe? Well... no.

Fixer feels the hard squeeze and returns with a squeeze of his own, his eyes never leaving hers. Even though he's gotten over his magic hatred, mostly because of the boy Arlen, he can't help but wonder how a fight between he and the mechangel would go.

Pity. They could be allies too, if she wasn't being so hostile. Like she's begging for a fight.

Just like last time.

"Shadow? Akaris (he heard Axanot call the name), there is no Shadow here. Not anymore." He stresses the last two words as well, hoping she'd take the hint. The living nanosuit looks around, then back at Akaris. "Well, seeing as the owner of this bar is my very good friend..." He leaves the rest unsaid, but what he's essentially saying: Yes, it's just a coincidence.

He turns to Axanot. "I guess I can tell you, since you're my best friend's girl. You can call me Pearce." Yes, you. Not Chain Lady over there.

Fixer senses the warning, and laughs out loud. Yep, this guy who rarely laughs actually does laugh. He wouldn't be doing so if the mechangel didn't have the 'mech' part.

"Akaris my dear, I have nothing against Axanot, and I no longer have anything against you, even though you're trying your best to make sure that isn't the case."

[THE BAR]

"Oh, KC." Sharpe says, and moves to hug her tightly. "You've been through so much." He pecks hir on the neck, then looks straight at hir, eyes full of love. "I won't let anything harm you that way again. You know that, right?"

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

[Bar - Metal Angel]

'Hello, Pearce,' Axanot says awkwardly as she finally makes her Sense Motive check. 'Er... we have an anti-violence spell in this place.'

Why is Axanot rolling Diplomancy? Why?

'... and Sharpe's over there.' Axanot gestures to the vampire, then realises he's getting all loving with KC. Uh, okay.

[THE CAPITAL LETTERS BAR]

KC is also feeling awkward too, for a rather different reason. '...yea, I know you won't.' Hir nose turns red.

KC notices Fixer and Akaris, but to hir they're just 'purple cyborg man' and 'lady cyborg with metal wings' respectively.
    Last edited by goto124; 2015-05-23 at 09:35 PM.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Pixie in the Playground

[Bar - Rawr! Meow!]

Fixer is a purple cyborg man, Akaris is a lady cyborg with metal wings, Kelcey is an androgynous earless elf, and Desiree is a mature Bengal tiger with a serviceable drab satchel dangling from her mouth.

Desiree casually trots into the club and, after completing a cursory visual scan of the area, over to Axanot's side because Sharpe is busy macking on Kelcey in public and Axanot might look even more bodacious and awesome with her sitting on the ground beside her left leg!

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

[Bar - Mrrow]

Axanot grins at the newcomer. 'Welcome to the Biting Knife Nightclub!' she greets, trying to rub those fluffy ears. As it turns out, Axanot didn't recognise Desiree.

'What do have there?' Axxie asks as she tries to get the satchel from the tiger. She'll open the satchel and get its contents out. If there're any notes or papers, Axanot will read them.
    Last edited by goto124; 2015-05-24 at 11:49 PM.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

[Wunderbar]

Sharpe looks bewildered, then his eyes soften. "Want me to heal them, Nancy?" The takes hir hand and strokes it gently.

Sharpe clears his throat as he turns to Domnus. "Malechenar is a floating castle in Riverside for vampires. They help give vampires a place to stay, a place to belong, things to do... there are quite a lot of types too."
    WonderBar-to the rescue!

Domnus smiles.
    A lot of types of what? Things to do or vampires? Either way, this place seems interesting. Do I just show up and get let in?
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Bugbear in the Playground

It's time for a new entry of an char. Tovpir, the giant stone scorpion, comes into the Nightclub. In a way it's to check out how non human friendly they are, since non humans normaly need special seats, tables and so on. The stone scorpion takes a look around and then heads for the booths, which he assumes is the only place he finds a seat for himself. At best as far away from the music as possible. Should there be one he waits for the waitress.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

[Scorpion Man]

There are long, comfortable sofas a good distance away from the loud music.

'Sharpe, another customer.' Excusing hirself, KC goes over to Tovpir as he takes a seat. 'Welcome to the Biting Knife! What would you like?'
    Last edited by goto124; 2015-05-27 at 10:59 AM.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by goto124 View Post
    There are long sofas a good distance away from the loud music.

Excusing hirself from Sharpe, KC goes over to Tovpir as he takes a seat. 'Welcome to the Biting Knife! What would you like?'
    Hmm a sofa seems not the best option. Tovpir is still a scorpion. He can't sit down like humanoids. Simular picture

"I want stone spider meat, well done, and a molten core not to cold around 900 °C is fine."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

'Alright then, I'll get it for you.' KC says, then wonders to hirself- does the kitchen have fire elementals?

KC starts to walk towards the bar, then stops to turn back and ask, 'Erm, you may take a seat?'

The sofa is large. Tovpir may be able to lie down on it, like some ponies do.

Hmm, nopony has visited Biting Knife yet...
    Last edited by goto124; 2015-05-27 at 11:15 AM.