New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default One body and many minds? Multiple personality disorder.

Has anyone found rules for playing a char with multiple personality disorder? I was also wondering if there are rules anywhere? I was thinking of trying to con my GM in to letting me gestalt with my other personality.A monk main with a sorcerer personality hidden that comes out when he sleeps, but I like to find out some of the hiccups so I can make them happen. We bounce back and forth between 3.5 and pathfinder, so I think it would be interesting regardless which one we play.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Default Re: One body and many minds? Multiple personality disorder.

There are rules for possession in the Fiendish Codex I, and the Inspired (Eberron Campaign Setting) are host to Quori spirits from the dream world (iirc).

As for true dissociative identity disorder, if I may quote the wiki at you: "DID is one of the most controversial psychiatric disorders with no clear consensus regarding its diagnosis or treatment". In other words, we haven't figured out whether it's all bollocks* or not.

I don't mean that as a 'don't play this character', I mean it as a 'use fantasy science, not real-world science, to build this character'. Real-world science isn't going to help you here.

Edit, in response to below: Or the Master of Masks! It fits very well.

*Not that patients don't have problems, but they don't have to be bona fide multiple personalities.
    Last edited by ExLibrisMortis; 2015-05-17 at 03:38 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

Griffon

Have you thought about using one of the PrCs like Mountebank? Just fluff the fake personalities as your disorder?

4. - Top - End - #4
    Colossus in the Playground

So...you want to play a character who can, essentially at-will, become a second different character? Yeah, no, there isn't anything like that. You could do something like take Leadership for a Psion cohort that uses Mind Switch and only acts through the main character's body, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sorry I was not very clear. I am looking more for Ideas on how to play and things to do that might mess with my other half then a game mechanic. My other side would come out when I sleep in towns. I want to do it that way because our schedules are all screwy. The idea is to change some of the things that happen in the background of the cities.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Deformity:madness. Hurts your wisdom, immune to mind effecting, just say the mind-effecting that isn't effecting you is shunted to your alternate personality.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground

You could just RP different personalities with the same stats.