New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Familiar or Familiar equivalent for a Binder [3.5]

Is there any way to get one for a single class binder? I'm looking for a small-ish creature that is at least somewhat intelligent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven777 View Post
    Sorcerers are also based on Charisma. If a Wizard studies the cheat codes to reality, the Sorcerer literally just glares or winks at the universe. And the universe listens.
    Quote Originally Posted by foobar1969 View Post
    Flexibility is awesome, but I'd sacrifice that spellbook in a heartbeat to be a 24-7 flying hentai apocalypse demon.

First Eternal foe of the Draconic Lord, battling him across the multiverse in whatever shapes and forms he may take.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Familiar or Familiar equivalent for a Binder [3.5]

Leadership is pretty much your only move here. Beguilers (race of squirrel dudes from Shining South) can be recruited both as a cohort and an Improved Familiar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

If you don't want Share Spells or anything fancy, just a little intelligent creature that hangs around you...ask your DM if you can go capture a low-end monster for the job. My immediate thought is to go into one of the nearby forests you'll find in most settings and look for a Petal (MMIII), since they have several qualities that would make them a good fit for this. Though notorious as a powerful LA+2 (cohort) race, getting a stock one from the forest won't actually change much unless your DM has allergies to good Hide modifiers.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Not really the same as a familiar, but there's always Wild Cohort.

Again, not really much like a traditional familiar, but there's also Item Familiar.

Maybe a Figurine of Wondrous Power as a Legacy Item?

If you were willing to dip into an arcane class and then go Anima mage, it would be a lot easier to pick up an actual familiar.