New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Superhero game that I haven't thought of a title for.

(1d20+15)[19] toughness resist.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground

Trisek saw Bill fly off from the punch. She made a mental note to collect his remains later; the human had fought bravely against impossible odds. She felt the new quills press into place in her tail, growing out the end and preparing to fire after the last volley, and as successful as it was, she decided to try again. Her reserve quills would grow back eventually after all.

Spoiler: Quill Attack, DC 24
    Show
    Wish me luck
    Gnomish Decker by me! You can find more of my work here!!! Also, my Tumblr, if you're into that
    Spoiler
    Show
    You fell for my firewall, chummer
    The data highways are infinite and I've info left to tread

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

(1d20+14)[24] Toughness resist

4. - Top - End - #64
    Colossus in the Playground

Technocrat slooowly flies back a bit, just to make TOTAL sure she's not in range of Sovereign. She'll then level her staff at him and fire off another blast.

Spoiler: pew pew
    Show
    Power attackin' oh man.

Attack: (1d20+5)[23] vs Dodge, if it hits DC 30 toughness check.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

(1d20+14)[15] Toughness resist.

It looks like he's going to pretty easily keep going, especially after deflecting Trisek's spikes...but then the ray hits Sovereign Square in the middle of his chest...and takes out his whole torso.

"Commence Emergency shutdown." He vocalizes, before of course, shutting down.

Meanwhile, the group hears clapping. Bill has since leaped off the building and rejoined the group.

"VERY well done. You four actually managed to win. I admit I wasn't expecting that." She says.

"So, what would the four of you like as your reward? Within reason of course."she says. " and each of you get an individual reward." She clarifies.

...Wait. That voice came from a different direct-

Oh. Okay. So there's two of them. At least.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2015-06-06 at 08:38 PM.

6. - Top - End - #66

Technocrat flies over to Sovereign and picks up his head, kind of using her staff to knock off bits of the torso that are still hanging on so it's easier to carry. She then nestles it under her arm. "Well, I've got a request or two, but I'll bother you about it later on my own time. For now I'm taking this, though." she answers, looking around for the source of the voice...voices. Turning her infrared vision on occasionally in case they might be say, invisible. She also takes some time to study Bill to see if he's overly hurt.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Technocrat flies over to Sovereign and picks up his head, kind of using her staff to knock off bits of the torso that are still hanging on so it's easier to carry. She then nestles it under her arm. "Well, I've got a request or two, but I'll bother you about it later on my own time. For now I'm taking this, though." she answers, looking around for the source of the voice...voices. Turning her infrared vision on occasionally in case they might be say, invisible. She also takes some time to study Bill to see if he's overly hurt.
    "Go ahead. I sincerely doubt you having his head will help you much." She says, before shooting an odd look at Bill with glowing blue eyes.

Bill heals 4 conditions affecting him. So, that should basically put him back up to full.

There are no invisible Theresas as far as Technocrat can see. On the other, much creepier hand, the two she DOES see aren't radiating any form of heat at all.

8. - Top - End - #68

"Okay, so some sort of...mental projection. Or she's an queen ice bitch. Got it." Technocrat thinks to herself. She then says "Hey, his hard drive's in here. What kind of interesting hero would I be if I didn't at least try to redeem the poor idiot?" She lets her staff poof away into holographic dust, putting a hand on her hip as she says so, giving Theresa a smirk.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

Bill folds his arms. It'd be cool, if he wasn't so wobbly. "I think I'll pass. Superheroes accepting gifts from supervillains never goes well."

Trisek might notice he looks completely and utterly not-dead, miraculously enough!

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tectonic Robot View Post
    Bill folds his arms. It'd be cool, if he wasn't so wobbly. "I think I'll pass. Superheroes accepting gifts from supervillains never goes well."

Trisek might notice he looks completely and utterly not-dead, miraculously enough!
    "This is less a gift, and more the prize the knight gets after defeating the dragon. I don't do gifts." Theresa says. "I mean, you're welcome to refuse if you wish. Though, that may put you behind any of your teammates who DO decide they want their prize." Theresa points out.

11. - Top - End - #71

Firstly Trisek took a whiff of Bill. He seemed alive enough, much to her surprise. It must have been the strange technology that the warning woman possessed, or... the two of them that now stood before her? Her blood cooled slightly, just thinking about being cornered by any foe, but she let such thoughts pass.

A gift from Kah'Ther-Essah? Trisek pondered, tilting her head, her brains each thinking of the pros and cons of different options. There were many possibilities, but the big one seemed to be a flight home. It seemed unlikely this mysterious woman could manage that, given her own species would find the task impossibly daunting.

Trisek zipped back and forth a bit, behind the other three successful combatants. Finally she zipped in front and said, "I ask for... understanding, Kah'Ther-Essah. What is your place in this?"
    Last edited by Gnomish Wanderer; 2015-06-07 at 12:01 AM.
    Gnomish Decker by me! You can find more of my work here!!! Also, my Tumblr, if you're into that
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

"I grant you that knowledge on the condition that you do not share it with the others in the group. If they desire the knowledge, they may ask for it as well. If they do not consider it worth their reward, they do not get it at all." She says.

Assuming Trisek concedes to this, the information will be imparted to her mentally.

13. - Top - End - #73

Trisek looks up to the sky, her face and eyes facing straight up where Theresa is out of sight, holding her arms up in concession, and incidentally Trisek's neck and belly is exposed. "You have my word, Kah'Ther-Essah."
    Last edited by Gnomish Wanderer; 2015-06-07 at 12:20 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

As Sovereign fell, Amber let out a few breaths, the effort of using her magic having drained her and made her hungry. But at least she had won (well, they had won, she later corrected herself). And now, the lady from earlier was showing offering a prize. And while the prospect of unlimited magical power or a lifetime supply of cake was tempting, there was one wish that held precedence above all else.

"Can you swap Opal and I back to our own bodies?" she asked.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gnomish Wanderer View Post
    Trisek looks up to the sky, her face and eyes facing straight up where Theresa is out of sight, holding her arms up in concession, and incidentally Trisek's neck and belly is exposed. "You have my word, Kah'Ther-Essah."

"Thank you, Kit'Trisek." Theresa says. The knowledge is directly imparted to Trisek's brain.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    As Sovereign fell, Amber let out a few breaths, the effort of using her magic having drained her and made her hungry. But at least she had won (well, they had won, she later corrected herself). And now, the lady from earlier was showing offering a prize. And while the prospect of unlimited magical power or a lifetime supply of cake was tempting, there was one wish that held precedence above all else.

"Can you swap Opal and I back to our own bodies?" she asked.
    "I can...but I'm not going to. You need to learn to do it yourself, in case it happens again. And no, I'm not teaching you that, or any other spell. I'm the Supervillain, not your teacher. If you want to learn, you can ask for some power, or knowledge, or any number of things to help you on your way, but I'm not just giving you the answer. I'm plain and simple just not that nice." Theresa says.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    "I can...but I'm not going to. You need to learn to do it yourself, in case it happens again. And no, I'm not teaching you that, or any other spell. I'm the Supervillain, not your teacher. If you want to learn, you can ask for some power, or knowledge, or any number of things to help you on your way, but I'm not just giving you the answer. I'm plain and simple just not that nice." Theresa says.
    Amber let out a low hiss. "Fine, whatever. Power or knowledge or ... whatever then," she muttered.

"And cake!" Opal chimed in.

"....And cake," Amber hesitantly agreed.
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2015-06-07 at 12:40 AM.
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

Amber let out a low hiss. "Fine, whatever. Power or knowledge or ... whatever then," she muttered.

"And cake!" Opal chimed in.

"....And cake," Amber hesitantly agreed.
    "Very well. Knowledge..." She says, a blue, black and green energy swirling in her hand before entering Amber's mind.

And the other one appears to be making something out of random pieces and bits of magic. It's...a button. Which she hands to Amber. "And cake."

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

Amber looked down at the ground, pondering this new knowledge, while Opal examined the cake button.
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2015-06-07 at 02:15 AM.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

"Okay, so some sort of...mental projection. Or she's an queen ice bitch. Got it." Technocrat thinks to herself. She then says "Hey, his hard drive's in here. What kind of interesting hero would I be if I didn't at least try to redeem the poor idiot?" She lets her staff poof away into holographic dust, putting a hand on her hip as she says so, giving Theresa a smirk.
    "Redeem how? I never forced him to do what I asked. I didn't even program him to be this way, it's just how he ended up. If you mean you wish to alter his programming in such a way that he is forced onto your side, you are essentially mind-raping him. And if that's your intent, I'm going to have to do something..." She cracks her neck. "Drastic."

20. - Top - End - #80

Technocrat puts up her free hand as if she's telling Theresa to calm down. "Don't worry, it's nothing like that. Just...teaching. Therapy. I'd do the same with a dude who went around smashing cars because he wants to fight. Though with less body exploding. If you don't want me to I won't, though."

She'll then tap into the radio waves to see if any police are coming by, and begins mentally preparing a speech to introduce herself to them. Multitasking and all that.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

"Very well then." Theresa says, and snaps her fingers. A book materializes in front of Technocrat.

"Here are the blueprints for a more balanced body for him, along with a few minor modifications you can make to his programming to help him be a little more productive. He'll never not love fighting thugh. You just might be able to push him more towards fighting the right people.

Anyway, as you have not decided on your reward, and Bill doesn't want one, shall I move on?" She asks.

22. - Top - End - #82

"Yeah, that's what I was shooting for. Thanks. There's questions I'd like to ask, but I'd personally feel better figuring them out myself, and I'm sure you'll enjoy it more that way. So for now...I'll hold off on asking something of you. So yeah, get going. Super Villain's can stick around when the police are showing up, after all." Technocrat answers, taking the book in one hand while holding Sovereign's head a little closer with the other. Bill had a point, she was their 'villain'. But if she was doing it for her enjoyment, maybe it'd be safe to ask something...she makes a mental note to message her about it later, once all the excitements worn down.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2015-06-07 at 05:20 PM.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

"You would be correct. Anyone else have requests, questions, or concerns before I leave?" She asks

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

"I do have a question, actually." Bill asked, arms folded. "Are you actually a villain?"

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

"I do have a question, actually." Bill asked, arms folded. "Are you actually a villain?"
    Though she was in the middle of digesting her new knowledge, Amber perked up her ears to better listen, as this was something she'd been wondering herself.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

"Very well, but I'm counting this as your reward. As with the others, you cannot share this reward.

Bill receives his answer mentally.

Though she was in the middle of digesting her new knowledge, Amber perked up her ears to better listen, as this was something she'd been wondering herself.
    Unfortunately, as Amber has already spent her reward, she does not get to hear the answer to this question.

27. - Top - End - #87

With that, once Theresa leaves, Technocrat will turn to the others and say "Well...I suppose this makes us a team. I'll be waiting to meet with the police, tell them what happened. How about you guys?"

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

With that, once Theresa leaves, Technocrat will turn to the others and say "Well...I suppose this makes us a team. I'll be waiting to meet with the police, tell them what happened. How about you guys?"
    "Wait, what?" said Amber. She hadn't signed on for some crazy superhero team, she was just trying to find a way to break her curse! Besides that, she had school, and hanging out with her friends, and ... well, maybe could help her with the curse, so she decided she'd give it a shot.

"Well ... okay," she said. "I'll have to ask my mom though. And I have school."
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

29. - Top - End - #89

Technocrat rolls her eyes, hidden by her visor. "Well...alright. Guess you should be off then, I'm sure your uh...parents don't want to see you on the news with the police." she says to the cat. She then takes out a small piece of paper from somewhere in her suit and hands it to her. "This is my address and apartment number. Go there once you've got permission, so we can all meet up and introduce ourselves properly."

Technocrat will then turn to the others. "What about you guys?"

The piece of paper is for an apartment building on the street where this fight happened, room 404.

30. - Top - End - #90

Trisek seemed distracted. She glanced around less frequently as the two younger humans talked, her brains abuzz with chatter as she focused to consolidate her thinking.

"I join you." She finally spoke up, eyes focusing. "We can become a pack. Better as a team."
    Last edited by Gnomish Wanderer; 2015-06-11 at 02:23 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show