New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: OOTS #987 - The Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by denthor View Post
    Roy acknowledged the raven
    He acknowledged it as existing - he has acknowledged that from the beginning.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by homeslice View Post
    I doubt the HPoH would be able to do anything to harm the clerics all on his own. Perhaps he has some sort of knowledge or Hel has something planned that will allow the HPoH to screw around with the moot.
    I agree. A roomful of powerful clerics would probably be able to vaporize the HPoH before he even gets to his initiative count. There must be another factor(s) we are unaware of that make this more than a dramatic combat situation.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Perhaps Hel simply needs a voice in the moot? Why overcomplicate our speculation? (Besides these being the Giant in the Playground forums, I mean)
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

4. - Top - End - #214
    Bugbear in the Playground

GnomePirate

Quote Originally Posted by Kantaki View Post
    The truly interesting part about the Godsmoot is that the Western Pantheon and the elven gods send only one shared emissary. Makes me wonder about the Southern Gods, will they only send one as well? Will they send an emissary at all, considering their followers Situation? And why seem the northerners to send several priests?
    I have this image in my head of all the Western Gods followers coming together and saying: "Hey, you heard about that Godsmoot up in the North? Is this something we're interested in?" and one of their priests/druids saying: "Nah, not really.", so they all decide not to send someone.
    Then the organisers of the moot flip out, because "we need someone from each pantheon omg!!!" so they just decide to make Veldrina honorary emissary of the Western Gods, because, why not.
    Last edited by Murk; 2015-05-26 at 12:39 PM.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
    Perhaps Hel simply needs a voice in the moot? Why overcomplicate our speculation? (Besides these being the Giant in the Playground forums, I mean)
    Well... as you already said This. Is. The. Playground.. Going crazy about everything is the norm there.

To give an serious answer: Both Hel and her most loyal servant have talked about bringing the other gods down and bringing ruin to the world. That does not sound like he is joining the conclave just to say something. On the other hand the right word at the right time to the right person in the right place could do all this. You could be right Hel just wants someone who is her voice at the godsmoot.

@Murk: I think most southern clerics are to bound up in some lokal conflicts and since the elves choose to send only one person, because they have more important things to do like translating an old text, deciding what to eat tomorrow or tending the gardens, they asked them if the emissary could speak for them as well. The elves agreed because they had more important things to do than discussing with the desert dwellers.
    "If it lives it can be killed.
    If it is dead it can be eaten."

Ronkong Coma "the way of the bookhunter" III Catacombium
    (Walter Moers "Die Stadt der träumenden Bücher")

6. - Top - End - #216
    Barbarian in the Playground

MindFlayer

I agree with that theory. It's something to do with the fact that there has never been a High Priest of Hel before. There's something he's trying to do that Hel hasn't had an opportunity to do before, and he's going to do it at the Godsmoot. There's also likely a truce between gods participating in the Godsmoot, so that they can't just destroy Durkula on sight. They have to let him say whatever he's going to say, just like any other High Priest in attendance.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ettin in the Playground

This strip should have been called "Discretion is the better part of vampire".

8. - Top - End - #218
    Pixie in the Playground

d20 Re: OOTS #987 - The Discussion Thread Cameo characters

I think it's really cool that Rich included these cameo characters. I know this sounds kinda selfish but I would love him to put my DND character in somewhere. He's a Human fighter named Robert Highclaw, but I have no picture of him. I personally think he's pretty cool.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: OOTS #987 - The Discussion Thread Cameo characters

Quote Originally Posted by CardboardPizzas View Post
    I think it's really cool that Rich included these cameo characters. I know this sounds kinda selfish but I would love him to put my DND character in somewhere. He's a Human fighter named Robert Highclaw, but I have no picture of him. I personally think he's pretty cool.
    As far as i know Veldrina is a reward for a very generous kickstarter backer, and Wrecan is a tribute for a beloved and well-respected forum member (a pity i couldn't know him). So, what you want it's not probable to happen.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CardboardPizzas View Post
    Any thoughts on, oh I don't know, maybe what he looks like?

(Thanks, I was looking much later in the story)
    Last edited by littlebum2002; 2015-05-27 at 12:33 PM.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by littlebum2002 View Post
    (10 internets for whoever remembers what comic that sketch was on, I looked everywhere and couldn't find it)
    146. Knew it was somewhere in early NCftPB.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Also, as a rule of thumb, if you find yourself defending your inalienable right to make someone else feel like garbage, you're on the wrong side of the argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by oppyu View Post
    There is nothing more emblematic of this forum than three or four pages of debate between people who, as it turns out, pretty much agree with each other.

Check this game out! Or at least give it a thumbs up.
    Why "because the plot said so" is not a good answer.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Bugbear in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Well-played, that dead guy.

Sidequest!
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...6#post15476516

I know I'm stealing this from someone else. But it's SO FUNNY

Zweisteine quoting Razanir:

"I am a human sixtyfourthling! Fear my minimal halfling ancestry!"

Bagnold could be one sixty-fourth halfling.