New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Default Re: Lords of Creation in the Playground (IC2)

Quote Originally Posted by Ralasha View Post

Genasi begin walking through portals onto the outskirts towns of every conceivable size and population in groups of four to eight... everywhere.

Without further adieu they begin construction of small towers formed of a single section of stone, formed, moulded, sculpted or shaped through magic. The Fire Genasi with each group casts Zone of Peace on the area where the work is being begun in every instance as soon as they have stepped through. The towers stand approximately fifty feet in height and twenty feet in width, uniformly.

Their shapes however vary greatly depending upon the personality of the Earth Genasi in the group, whom performs the construction.

The Water Genasi begins growing a small wooden wall around the complex, nothing defensive in nature, but a border marker non-the-less, in which crops of various kinds quickly begin to grow and thrive. The Border Fence rests twenty feet from the exterior of the Tower on all sides.

The Air Genasi in each group begin to tinker with the immediate weather in the area. Bringing an unusual mixture of warm rain and sunlight to each and every compound during the middle of each day, fog each morning and gentle winds each evening. The temperature never seems to drop below freezing within the compounds' environs.

Once the towers are built, a door grows in to fill the opening into the tower, and super-fine quarts of impeccable clarity forms to fit into all of the many windows.

A sign is singed into each door which remarks upon the nature of each tower, emphasizing their presence being intended as one of aid.
    The Genasi who appear in Northern Demiourgia, are taken to Mytea where the two Dragonborn Kings of Mytea, the Dwarven King Sutur XCIC of Mymlodihr and the Elven Archmage of Nylnor had gathered to prepare to deal with the Orcish menace which was threatening the entire of Demiourgia. There is no hostility in their tone, for they remember the Genasi's involvement in the Battle of Purity, yet the purpose of their arrival is inquired.

Quote Originally Posted by planswalker View Post

Viper, Tuktuk, Skreechy, Bronze King, Bimble - Divinities Throneroom

Viper will slither his way back to the Throneroom and coil himself on Skreechy's shoulder. He whispers in his ear, "I have finished my boring but necessary duties to others. Any way I can help you speed up your duties here so that we can get back to your master plan?"
    Skreechy seems pleased that his snake is back, as he whispers into its ear "Its gonna take a while... I've betrayed these foolish fool's plans to their enemies so that I can get my soul back in return. I need to get my soul back first... ITS THE ONLY ONE I'VE GOT!"

He then watches as Ahn leaves and Bimble arrives. "Wait a minuite..." he says to Viper as he jumps from his throne to Bimble. He begins to measure up the Gnome until he realizes that he is infact shorter than Bimble "CURSES WHY MUST THIS BE?!" he screams to the Gnome as he begins to walk on his tip toes in order to gain some heigh against his new arch-rival.
    "Do not anger a bard...for you are silly, and would make for a funny song."

2. - Top - End - #842
    Titan in the Playground

Viper, Skreechy, TukTuk, Bronze King, and Bimble - Divinities Throneroom

"want me to bite him for you?" viper offers quietly.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

3. - Top - End - #843
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by planswalker View Post
    Viper, Skreechy, TukTuk, Bronze King, and Bimble - Divinities Throneroom

"want me to bite him for you?" viper offers quietly.
    "NO! DON'T DO THAT! You don't know where he's been..." yells Skreechy to his Viper. He wouldn't want Viper to get ill or something.

4. - Top - End - #844
    Titan in the Playground

"Good point. How about I try to scare him smaller than you instead." Viper will slither off of Skreechy's shoulder and slither up Bimble's leg and back until he'd right up at the poor gnome's neck. Viper slithers around Bimble's neck until he is eye to eye with the poor gnome and says, "You have jussst offended one of the Divinitiesss; the only one who isss in here at the moment. You need to make... amendsss." Viper hissed menacingly, the stereotypical snake hissing of s's present in his voice though such hadn't been heard before.
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

5. - Top - End - #845
    Troll in the Playground

"I uhhhh...I uhhhh....." The gnome fidgeted not meeting Vipers gaze. "You uhhh... you're the one who...uhhh...offended Ahn....He said to....Get Away From My Throne Before I Eat You!!!!!" The gnome's eyes light up at the last sentence, his voice reverberating across the throneroom before returning to normal.

"What he said..uhhh...yeah"
    Currently Playing
    Lord's of Creation-Titan's Return
    - Il-Na: God of Greed, Luck and Earth

6. - Top - End - #846
    Troll in the Playground

Sanctum, The Madhouse - Ahn, Coyote, Kerx, Mab, Grenzo

Ahn's heads chuckled at Coyote's words, one such head said to the spirit, "Ahhh..yes. I was going to, wasn't I? I still will but give me a moment while I.....tend....to certain matters." The head flicked in a gesture that indicated Mab.

"After all is said and done. I will show you something to make you wet yourself...but...hehehehehe... It must be kept a secret until the right time." Ahn's head chuckled again, fixing all four eyes on Coyote with a grin.
    Currently Playing

7. - Top - End - #847
    Troll in the Playground

Krenko-Ka - Squeaks' Rebellion

In absence of Skreechy, Squeaks had led a full-scale rebellion. The Goblins of Krenko-Ka had gathered together under a banner of Freedom from Oppression.

Squeaks promised the Goblins equal share and equal wealth. He promised the people Affordable Healthcare and State Sanctioned Insurance. He promised the Goblins that they would usher in a new Era of Prosperity for the goblins and that they would change. Not simply because they must change but because they can, oh yes they can!

Squeaks' rebellion started small but eventually it grew in size and it grew even more and more to encompass the entireity of the Working Goblin. They would create a new society and none will oppress them anymore! No more Tyrants! No more Kings! Here is the age of the Goblin Proletariat! Here was the age of Equality! All hail Chairman Squeaks!

On a completely related but unrelated note, one might take note that Captain Pegpatch and some unknown advisor have joined Squeaks in his campaign. Many would wonder just who the other goblin was but it didn't really matter because Chairman Squeaks was Great!
    Currently Playing

8. - Top - End - #848
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hatter View Post
    "I uhhhh...I uhhhh....." The gnome fidgeted not meeting Vipers gaze. "You uhhh... you're the one who...uhhh...offended Ahn....He said to....Get Away From My Throne Before I Eat You!!!!!" The gnome's eyes light up at the last sentence, his voice reverberating across the throneroom before returning to normal.

"What he said..uhhh...yeah"
    Viper, Bimble, Skreechy, Bronze King, Tuktuk, Skreechy - Divinities Throneroom

"...very well..." Viper says nonchalantly as he slowly slithers off the gnome and onto the throne on his way back to Skreechy. Perhaps that god wasn't so useless after all. He at least seems to care enough to tell him to get off the throne. There might be hope for the Divinities yet.

Sanctum, The Madhouse - Ahn, Coyote, Kerx, Mab, Grenzo

Ahn's heads chuckled at Coyote's words, one such head said to the spirit, "Ahhh..yes. I was going to, wasn't I? I still will but give me a moment while I.....tend....to certain matters." The head flicked in a gesture that indicated Mab.

"After all is said and done. I will show you something to make you wet yourself...but...hehehehehe... It must be kept a secret until the right time." Ahn's head chuckled again, fixing all four eyes on Coyote with a grin.
    "That is wonderful and fine! Your matters with this faeraie thing are entertaining to watch! Almost as much fun as the time I wrestled Lion to the ground and made him apologize to dirt for making it bored!"

9. - Top - End - #849
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Skreechy, the Divinities

Returning to his throne after his confrontation with his new arch-rival, Skreechy stands up and says "LISTEN UP PEONS! You want to know why the Divinities have not been made known? WELL LOOK AROUND US! WHERE ARE THE 'DIVINITIES'? Oh sure I know that I am Skreechy the Great, but unlike how it should have been, I AM NOT A GOD! Now then... here is what I propose. We take the "Divinities" and expand it WITH GODS WHO ACTUALLY HAVE THE TIME TO ATTEND THESE MEETINGS! If you guys are to judge the gods and mortals alike YOU BETTER BE READY TO SPEND SOME SERIOUS DIVINE POWER, CAUSE I'M JUST ONE HANDSOME GOBLIN!"

10. - Top - End - #850
    Troll in the Playground

Sanctum, The Madhouse - Ahn, Grenzo, Mab, Coyote

Ahn's heads chuckled and addressed Coyote "Did you now? Ha! This Lion fellow sounds downright....tiresome! Hahahaha! So bored that the dirt found him boring! Ah, the tales you have! I would have you spin tales of me and spread them about. Could you do that?" Ahn questioned Coyote with two tilted heads.

Divinities Throneroom - The Divinities (or the representatives)

"Ummmm..." Bimble chimed in with a nervously raised hand. "Ahn disagrees. He said that mortals were needed on the thrones as well, even complete morons like Skreechy. He uhhh..also said that there are only 5 thrones and he isn't sharing his with anyone."

The gnome gulped, looking between the gathered group of representatives. "He uhhh... also said to tell Skreechy to get his head out of his arse and quit being a moronic doodoo head...and..uhh...to tell Viper that a mortal who can't even maintain control of a city has nothing to offer. You are wasting your time with the goblin."
    Currently Playing

11. - Top - End - #851
    Ettin in the Playground

Haratago

Conflicts within Haratago were frequent. Grels will for prominence clashed with their group hivenest. Each individual tried to be more powerful, the dangers around them pushing the grels together to form small lodges or societies. Those societies will take care of a part of their mech, their city, and rule as powerful as possible from within. Societies and lodges were ill defined, and not standard sized. A small joint might have much power for it's small volume. Conflict between individual grels, and within societies, was rarely overt. Their short range telepathy and the basic hive mentality distilled into them on their creation made closeness a miracle worker for stability. It was a basic "us" against "them" spiked with us needing them, the left knee lodge for example, to work. Grel philosophers studied the cells and their interactions, arguing that as the body acts in accordance so does the mech. This along with mechs being clan based, i.e. the mech inhabitants are related to each other, made conflict within the mech as annoying as an itch on the skin or unusual limb paralysis.

Each mech was a humongous construction powered by many souls and dreams trapped in it's wood but it was also the thousands living inside. And they needed substenance. Food through magic was possible, Lylien was a member of the creation line and her engine priests were capable of keeping the mech and the crew at risky minimums. At the end of the day mechs needed more than barely acceptable minimums. They could survive with those but not thrive. And so each mech was surrounded by rangers riding rust creatures like an angry locusts' swarm. If the scouts cannot defeat something on their own mechanical soldiers are sent at the threat, scaling up in size as needed and then consumed by the city mech.

The only things capable of threatening a city mech were another city mech or an elder dragon. And in most cases it wouldn't be worth the effort. When to city mechs clashed it was normally a swift skirmish, ending with one retreating and leaving the other's territory. A city willing to go all the way into the fight, and wining, would find much spoils. But the risk always outweights the dangers. Any damage sustained would make the city more prone to attack, and the consecuent victor would have the loot not from one but from two cities.

Still when conflict occurs Lylien mech normally rides towards the battle to observe and take anyone worthy of joining her own crew. A new and reformed construct build not to deal with the material world concerns but with the new plane wonders. Time ago Lylien had housed many Grel clans on her body, but now she was holding a clanless amalgamation of worthies. Each one taking refuge within the construct had proved it's worth in an epic conflict. While many battled with their powress and skill others did with guile and wit. Engineers and soldiers working in tandem to man the largest war machine in the plane.

Haratago Lylien's mech - Lylien

Lylien is busy, she isn't paying much attention to what's going on on her new plane but instead she is looking out into the material world. There mechs not unlike the one she is piloting are striding through forest not unlike the one surrounding her own mech. The Bahosian forests could very much be in Haratago, with so much wraithwood ever present. When the continent where the forest stands is raised into the skies she looks down.

This was perhaps the feeling her father had described when Neutral Ground had been flung into the moon but it was a good opportunity to take. She opened small runic portals towards the now elevated bottom of Stoxia and let some living void vessels fly through. They would nest there and multiply, ready to come to the Grel's call. Unfortunately they weren't the only creatures to fly through. The wealth dragons upon coming to the Bahosian forest had started breeding with anything, and when Haratago was formed creatures that descended from such unions were the ones to come through. Now they were unopposed masters and had breed into stable yet new lifeforms. A Rustwing was a large flyer and natural competitor to the voidships but was tamable by the Grel.

Realizing the occurrence she sent some other such stable breeds, the dusthounds that had taken to inhabit the rust desserts and were marvelous trackers when backed by Grel training. And the ferocious leapers, raised by the Grel rangers to be mighty swift mounts.

She also saw fit to provide for her children now in the clouds, and for her allies. So she sent them technology so they could harness the storm's power and bend it to their will. Lightning rods like the ones used in the lightning trains but most decidedly mundane were taught.

Erebus Clora, Zahav - Zalal

It was the returned greed god, bearing a newly minted gold mask,who greeted the undeath goddess. Cast from the same mold his phisical shape was the wealth god's close copy. Still his ashen body, which was smoking darkness where wraithwood bite into him, and his extremely ostentatious and garish clothing gave him appart.

Your coming was foreseen. Our purpose is your purpose. I can show you there.

The returned lead Clora upon the darkness that seemed to stretch and shimmer as they deepened within it. They walked for as much as was necessary the ways changing in the dark realm around them. But they knew the destination and they arrived soon enough.

The cave's entrance was guarded by four four armed black insectoid creatures, they each bore a menacing golden mask, a golden tetsubo taller than they were and a lantern that did little to illuminate them. They let the arrivals pass and as the shadow surrounded them they were able to go down deep into it. It was a crevice, an absence really, something that was not. It was not shadow. They weren't at the shadow realm anymore. They were somewhere far older and deeper, the shadow realm only an imperfect aproximation of it's nature. There in the hole was a faustian light that promissed warmth but only offered cold. Silvery, slivery, the eel coiled around itself in a deep sleep.

We didn't recognize it at first. We searched for the world's shape and didn't realize that this was older. We aren't sure we are in the shadow anymore, for when this came here the shadow wasn't yet. Don't wake it. It's not time.

Haratago Leh's mech - Leh, Aspect of Eucle

Leh's mech was small. So small that he could pilot it all by himself. A twin without a twin was such a wounded soul as to sap over the whole contraption. And souls were power, even when they were bleeding to death. The mech was dark, invisible, hidden, like a Gabeko. Leh didn't enjoy company much since his sisters final moments.

There was little comfort in the aspect of his father, looking at him with a knowing smile. All were plans in the wealth god. Pawns to be used and sacrificed. One part of him wished to blame him for Ask's death. Wished to believe that she had been used as an excuse a neeeded sacrifice to attack and destroy the elder time god. But he knew it was his anger speaking. It had to be. It helped him stay alive. But, oh boy, was he angry inside. A fire raged inside the aspect, a fire that couldn't be quenched. A fire raged outside too, in his hand, the tetsubo glowing with the everflowing magma drawn from the world's core when it was still young.

"We've arrived. Are you ready?"

The aspect stood there introspect. Leh knew what it was doing, it was reaching inside itself, into the fiber that connected it to the material body that had been used to create it. A divine piece of Eucle himself. And through that to the god.

"Almost."

Limbo

Eucle was like a fambloyant magician aidee. He was to be a shiny and glittering distraction. His plans needed one and what better one than he himself? There were other more than fair reasons. First of all, helping was potentially useful, it did establish trust and more importantly reliability. As long as the wealth god was reliable he would be close to necessary. And if he was necessary, well, few would oppose him. He cleared his throat and advanced towards Kryokoli. He passed through the gathered gods like an uncoiling snake. There he knelt besides the unconscious goddess and carefully caressed her head.

"While I would not advocate to give a cultist of Zalsaram the heart that they covet there might be a workaround. Ignus. I know your pain. You said to me that I didn't understand it, that my children were only an extension of myself. Still I saw your pain in your deepest core and I know it. Last time I offered you a deal, in order not to take that pain, I almost took your sanity. I'm sorry for that. Allow me to repay in my own terms. Your daughter is unconscious and dreams, as you master over fire I master over unconsciousness. I can provide her with a dream heart, crafted from the happy memories you showed me. I'll add with your consent the memories of my daughter, now truly dead and gone. So she can live a little inside yours."

He then looks towards Pernieth, Kealoharen and Kethneciel.

"Pernieth, oldest friend, I know of your pain. You asked for my help once. And as the love god and the retribution god have just pointed out punishment without feeling would be fruitless. Allow me to provide said feeling. Allow me to make Kryokoli understand the pain she caused at her core, so it can be properly repaid."

Still encroached above Kryokoli he raises a hand and mirroring smoke starts to coil on top of it. It's hard to see at first but little by little it starts taking the shape of a heart. A shining and colorful heart made of Ignus happiest dreams and memories of her daughter along with the wealth god own memories of his playful now begone daughter.

Spoiler
    Show
    Eucle 17 AP
    2 AP Create Race (Leapers, Rustwings, Dusthounds) all descendant from half wealth dragons they resemble the original rust monsters that spawned them while taking new forms and shapes. Leapers shaped like velociraptors (and have the fleshraker MM III stats, ranger grel advance them to large size, i.e. 9HD), rustwings shaped like giant haws (and have the steelwing MM V stats, ranger grel use their feathers for ammo on their rifles), and dusthounds shaped like greyhounds (and have sand hunter Sandstorm stats, ranger grel use them as hounds)

3 AP Gain Divine Rank (Gain Time Domain [3 AP], Claim Armor Artifact [3 AP], Create Plane [1 AP])

3 AP Gain Divine Rank (Create Key Artifact [3 AP], Create Funerary Mask Artifact [3 AP], Create Race [2 AP])

Eucle is now a DR 20 God.

Eucle is more than willing to spend 3 AP to create a dream heart for Kryokoli but if Ignus opposes the idea he won't do it.

9 AP remaining

---

Lylien 5 AP

1 PAP GoS (technology rules) Teach Populace: Lightning rods! Lightning power to ride the storm

1 PAP Moon (void takes precedence) Mold Land: The underside of Stoxia is now a massive void ship hatchery

0 AP Teach Populace (Runic Stone): Major glyphs, Grel can take the craft aboleth glyph [item creation] feat, ignoring the aboleth requirement. They can effectively make autorechargable glyphs

5 AP remaining
    Last edited by thethird; 2015-07-01 at 02:36 PM.
    Thanks a lot Gengy for the awesome... just a sec... avatar. :)

12. - Top - End - #852
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

"Ummmm..." Bimble chimed in with a nervously raised hand. "Ahn disagrees. He said that mortals were needed on the thrones as well, even complete morons like Skreechy. He uhhh..also said that there are only 5 thrones and he isn't sharing his with anyone."

The gnome gulped, looking between the gathered group of representatives. "He uhhh... also said to tell Skreechy to get his head out of his arse and quit being a moronic doodoo head...and..uhh...to tell Viper that a mortal who can't even maintain control of a city has nothing to offer. You are wasting your time with the goblin."

"WELL I WOULD STILL BE CONTROLLING MY CITY IF I WASN'T KIDNAPPED!"
    He screams back at the Gnome "Tell you what... since it seems to be a trend amongst the DIVINITIES I SHALL BE GIVING MY VIPER A PROMOTION." he says placing Viper on his throne and jumping of "VIPER NOW SPEAKS FOR ME. Congratulations, work hard and I might give you a raise. Now then... if you don't mind... I've got a city to blow up!!" he says as he runs off to find a way back to Krenko-Ka.

13. - Top - End - #853
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shmee View Post

He screams back at the Gnome "Tell you what... since it seems to be a trend amongst the DIVINITIES I SHALL BE GIVING MY VIPER A PROMOTION." he says placing Viper on his throne and jumping of "VIPER NOW SPEAKS FOR ME. Congratulations, work hard and I might give you a raise. Now then... if you don't mind... I've got a city to blow up!!" he says as he runs off to find a way back to Krenko-Ka.
    Bimble leaned forward and yelled after Skreechy "He also said good luck getting there! You're going to need it!"

Skreechy is yanked from the Visionary and chucked towards the Playground, specifically towards Azteca. As he flew towards the island below, a whisper entered his ear "Think fast, Skreechy. Take too long and you will go splat across the rocks below! Think! Hahahahaha!"
    Currently Playing

14. - Top - End - #854
    Firbolg in the Playground

The Genasi who appear in Northern Demiourgia, are taken to Mytea where the two Dragonborn Kings of Mytea, the Dwarven King Sutur XCIC of Mymlodihr and the Elven Archmage of Nylnor had gathered to prepare to deal with the Orcish menace which was threatening the entire of Demiourgia. There is no hostility in their tone, for they remember the Genasi's involvement in the Battle of Purity, yet the purpose of their arrival is inquired.
    A Fire Genasi woman steps forward, holding a longhammer etched in runes, it glows red from the heat of the fire in which it was crafted. "We offer assistance, and aid. That is our purpose here. Items, healing, spells, magic, and the like in exchange for small amounts of goods or services. Token fees really. The food we are growing we do not need. It is there to assist in feeding the less fortunate."
    Internet currently unreliable, please have patience.

[COLOR="Red"]We require additional Pylons.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neutral Good Human Cleric(2)/Monk(3)/Ranger(2)/Sorcerer(4)
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

15. - Top - End - #855
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Sanctum, The Madhouse - Ahn, Grenzo, Coyote, Viper, Mab, Kerx

Ahn's head, the one focused on Mab moved closer to the Queen of the Unseelie. He inhaled deeply and exhaled a gust of hot air from his nostrils. "Mutual understanding." said the head, a mere few inches from Mab and it twitched sideways, fixing two of four eyes on the Queen. "Assumed that much would be obvious. Your kind is Chaotic in nature as are my children and the children of my brothers. Join us so that we could work together to bring Chaos into existence, forsake the alliance and you stand alone when the forces of Law come knocking on your door. Join us and your kind will have..friends."

"Or a family. Depending on your point of view." said another head as it broke off from Coyote with a snap of it's fanged maw.
    "Mutual understanding, and allies against the forces of Law," Mab begins, her hair having fallen perfectly back into place from the hot breath of the god of Luck (all except for one hair, which hung directly across her left eye and was obstinately ignored), "That is a fair deal. I have no personal quarry with Law myself, but many in my Court do. As for family..." one corner of her mouth turns up in a wicked smile. "I have no interest in such, but I rarely deny my subjects their particular...tastes. Perhaps yours and mine shall be family."
    Originally Posted by Xefas:
    "I need the Goblins in phalanx arrangement. Sky Blotters in the back! Swissles? Assume the Swizzle Stick Formation! We're going in!"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #856
    Troll in the Playground

Sanctum, The Madhouse - Ahn, Grenzo, Coyote, Mab

The two heads that focused on Mab chuckled in unison at Mabs words. "And so it shall be, Queen of the Sidhe Court. I like you. Strong willed, even when facing a god...Ha! I shall see you around, Mab!"

The heads moved away from Mab before darting back and with a literally earth shattering roar, the Queen was blown away into the wind and back to her throne, seated properly though her hair and clothes in disarray as if she just braved a storm.

Ahn huffed out hot steam theough his nostrils, the two heads that were previously occupied by Mab now rose high into the sky while the other three heads entertained his other guests.
    Currently Playing

17. - Top - End - #857
    Barbarian in the Playground

The Net

The Net was designed as a precautionary measure, protection against certain events. Those events had not yet come to pass, and the Net found itself with a surplus of energy. It made use of that surplus. Around the Playground, a light rain fell. It was a cool rain, a refreshing rain, quenching parched lips and drenching dry leaves. Within the rain was a pure energy that did much the same, an energy that wiped away blemish and disease, refreshing body and soul. Where the rain fell -- everywhere -- pestilence fled. No famine or plague in this season.

Spoiler
    Show

AP 10 - 0 (Net charge: Nourishment: Cleansing Rain = 10

18. - Top - End - #858
    Titan in the Playground

Sanctum, The Madhouse - Ahn, Grenzo, Mab, Coyote

Ahn's heads chuckled and addressed Coyote "Did you now? Ha! This Lion fellow sounds downright....tiresome! Hahahaha! So bored that the dirt found him boring! Ah, the tales you have! I would have you spin tales of me and spread them about. Could you do that?" Ahn questioned Coyote with two tilted heads.
    Coyote, Grenzo, and Ahn - The Madhouse

"why of course! Did you know that I caused the suns to be by telling my exploits to a pair of godlings who were so inspired by them they literally began to glow and circle the world? Stories are a lost art form that the mortals of this world need to re-learn."

Viper and the Divinities stand-ins - Divinities Throneroom

Pleased with his new rise to power, Viper says, "Well, that was surely unexpected. It seems that whispering pleasing things in the ears of a madman paid off. Now then, perhaps we can now get some things done since the average sanity level in this room has increased dramatically?"

19. - Top - End - #859
    Troll in the Playground

Divinities Throneroom - Divinities and/or Representatives

Bimble responded with a nervous nod "Ahn agrees with the ummmm...little worm's statement. He says to tell the little worm that if Skreechy fails to think fast, the little worm might be fully taking Skreechy's spot...I ummmm...don't know what that means....heh...."

Sanctum, The Madhouse - Ahn, Grenzo, Coyote

Ahn chuckled at Coyote's words "True! So true! My brother, Grenzo, you see... He's quite the teller of tales! Ha! Mortals love his works! The other gods, not so much! Hehehehehe... At least he has a fan in me!"
    Currently Playing

20. - Top - End - #860
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

The Playground

As the Axiomatic Goblins begin to multiply upon the Playground, their lawful nature begins to conflict with the much more chaotic natures of their fellows. They still revere the Goblin Gods (though the Cosmic Mother was more important to them than Ahn or Grenzo), and they still favor trickery and shrewd tactics over brute strength and attacks, but they argue over the fine details. For example, they say, why does luck have to be so arbitrary? Far be it from them to insult or demean one of the great goblin gods, but if Ahn favors them as the priests say he does, why doesn't he just...favor them, rather than giving aid and takign it away randomly from moment to moment? The arguments turn into fights, and it seems as though the Axiomatic Goblins are going to be exterminated by their more numerous chaotic kin.

Then a scarred Marut is seen in the towns and cities of goblin-kind one day, speaking with the heads of the Axiomatic cabals. The next day, the Axiomatic goblins pack up their belongings, sell their lands or give them away, and vanish.

With a twitch of his mind, Kethneciel alters the land he once burned, making the scorched, ruinous land of Godsfought once more habitable--if just barely. One would have to be exceptionally clever and resourceful to survive on its shores and in its caves. The Axiomatic goblins were told this, and they accepted. This was their test: grow strong in the twisted land, and prove themselves worthy of upholding the Law.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Kethneciel

Refunded Aegis PAP (Make the Playground Quiescent): Godsfought's volcanos and rivers of lava lie dormant and cold, and the hardiest plantlife begins to find purchase there once more. The labyrinth where Ulvin was once imprisoned becomes the home of the Axiomatic Goblins, and tunnels are dug even further, some reaching to the Singing Stones.

7 AP Remaining.
    Originally Posted by Xefas:
    "I need the Goblins in phalanx arrangement. Sky Blotters in the back! Swissles? Assume the Swizzle Stick Formation! We're going in!"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #861

The rise of Ironbeard

Havard did indeed have a different dream. A person can only pretend to be something they are not for just so long... before they become in truth what they pretend to be.

Havenard Ironbeard gripped his axe and hammer tightly in his sleep, and sat up, awareness returning. He did not remember much of his dream, but he did remember the rush he felt, which still coursed through his veins as he died in his last living battle once again.

With nary a grunt of effort the Dwarf rose from the ground, ready to pick up his pack and continue his march around the world once more. A loud crunch caught his attention and his eyes turned towards the woods long since cut back from the road to keep Bandits from surprising unwary travelers. Trolls.

Three of them, in matter of fact. What an unpleasant business, trolls. Hard to kill unless you have fire.

Well, if something isn't done, soon enough all of those fools following him will die in a horrible manner. Doesn't matter really if they wake up again the next day. The pain will be real enough.

Havard lets out a deep tired sigh. Sometimes this world is almost enough to make you just give up and lay down.

Instead for some reason, fool that he is, even as he curses himself he rushes towards the monsters, flinging his hammer as he charges forward, crushing one's skull.

With a leap he finishes covering the distance, his axe sweeping clean through another's mid-section, and catching his hammer mid-fall hurls it again with force into the face of the last standing troll.

He grunts and begins chopping the Trolls into bits. It's a secret see? You can kill a troll without fire, the secret is to separate every piece of one, and keep them from growing back. Takes a long time though, what with them being so stubborn about dying.

When he's finally finished he piles them up, and as they begin to regenerate covers them with brush and dry grass, setting the pile ablaze. The eyes he keeps. His eyes now.

Covered in blood and gore, Havard returns to the road, paved with hexagon shaped stones. With all eyes on him, having woken from their sleep at the noises of his short, grizzly battle he continues his journey unfazed. The only part about this bothering him is the recent drought. He looks up at the sky, wishing it would rain soon and rinse the mess off of his armor, and out of his beard. Taking another deep breath, he stops turns around makes a disgruntled noise, and resumes his walk.

He absently flicks a bit of intestine from his shoulder, not noticing how it bursts a flame before touching the ground.

Spoiler: AP
    Show
    Hemeliosa: 3 +1 PAP; Ignus: 4 +1 PAP
    Hemeliosa: -2 AP Create Organization: The Church of Havenard 'Havard' Ironbeard: PrC: Hammers of Havenard
    -1 Create Base Class The Fearless
    Last edited by Ralasha; 2015-07-01 at 11:31 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

22. - Top - End - #862
    Titan in the Playground

Divinities Throneroom - Divinities and/or Representatives

Bimble responded with a nervous nod "Ahn agrees with the ummmm...little worm's statement. He says to tell the little worm that if Skreechy fails to think fast, the little worm might be fully taking Skreechy's spot...I ummmm...don't know what that means....heh...."
    Viper will offer up a quiet prayer to whatever god formed Skreechy that he survives. After all, he hasn't given viper any doomsday devices yet.

"Well then, this little distraction out of the way, what are we wishing to do upon the world? Are we looking to intimidate others through the threats to their followers or do we wish to confront other gods head-on?" HEAD ON! Apply directly to the forehead! - Salawa, stop interrupting the scene. You're not in it!
    Sanctum, The Madhouse - Ahn, Grenzo, Coyote

Ahn chuckled at Coyote's words "True! So true! My brother, Grenzo, you see... He's quite the teller of tales! Ha! Mortals love his works! The other gods, not so much! Hehehehehe... At least he has a fan in me!"
    Coyote yelped with the sound of a baby cloth laughing. He knew that he had found a wise and discerning friend!

23. - Top - End - #863
    Troll in the Playground

Divinities Throneroom - Divinities and/or representatives

"Ummm...." Bimble said, still unsure of himself. "Ahn, the Great and Mighty Serpent says to inform you that he believes further action directed at gods directly would be...fruitless. We should instead endeavor to ummmm.... are you sure, My Lord? Yes...as you say... He said we should focus on their mortal followers.... like the Dwarves in Northern Stoixia who failed the Visionary, our founder once before. They should be brought to their knees."

Bimble gulped, he really really hoped that the talking snake wouldn't leap across the room and attack him because of his messages from Ahn. The little gnome wrung his sweaty palms together and failed to make eye contact as he lowered his gaze down to his dangling feet.
    Currently Playing

24. - Top - End - #864
    Ettin in the Playground

The Shog City
    The golem speaks in a grinding voice in common. Do you have the building permit for this structure on hand? I am going to have to see them them and your builders guild papers as well. It is ok if they are from a foreign country on the condition it is not an Eldarond guild. Construction must immediately if either are not on hand with the brain retaining the right to tear down all current construction if they feel it unsafe or if permits are not obtained with in a reasonable amount of time.

You may also want to consult our local builders union when you have free time as well. You might be entitled to higher wages as they have a set minimum wage and it is illegal to work below that. Your employer if you are not the owner of this building was required to check in your contracts when they were getting the permit but it is good to know your rights. We must also ask that you not manipulate the nature around here, it would result in the building being audited for environmental danger from the reaction of magic with the local fauna. It has been known to grow at ludicrous rates the more magical an area is.

It seems to have memorized the spiel saying it with out hesitation with despite how specific that last bit was being specific to this scenario.

On the Plane of Shog
    The locksmiths guild had been gaining much prestige for its ability to unlock just about any door there is. They strive to master the art of opening any door possible. As part of their training they also became experts at disarming and jamming mechanical objects. They soon became known as Silver keys.

Spoiler
    Show
    Noting, clockwork golems don't use weapons (assuming the zone of peace is the one in cityscape) so making a clockwork golem step in to it to fight doesn't actually do anything.

2ap=4ap-2ap create organization: The Silver Keys and their connected class the Silver Key. Instead of gaining invisibility trap master is every level and also applies to open lock. Instead of Cunning Body they gain the ability to hold their breath for a minute per con when submerged, the ability to avoid fall damage and immunity to poison. Remove all references to marks and the armored abjuration. It is Shogling only currently instead of dwarf only and replace dodge with lightning reflexes.

They are better than the original but lets be fair they are probably still weaker than a full caster at what they do.

Spoiler: Giant in the Playground Hearthstone Champion
    Show

25. - Top - End - #865

Quote Originally Posted by Hamste View Post
    The Shog City
    The golem speaks in a grinding voice in common. Do you have the building permit for this structure on hand? I am going to have to see them them and your builders guild papers as well. It is ok if they are from a foreign country on the condition it is not an Eldarond guild. Construction must immediately if either are not on hand with the brain retaining the right to tear down all current construction if they feel it unsafe or if permits are not obtained with in a reasonable amount of time.

You may also want to consult our local builders union when you have free time as well. You might be entitled to higher wages as they have a set minimum wage and it is illegal to work below that. Your employer if you are not the owner of this building was required to check in your contracts when they were getting the permit but it is good to know your rights. We must also ask that you not manipulate the nature around here, it would result in the building being audited for environmental danger from the reaction of magic with the local fauna. It has been known to grow at ludicrous rates the more magical an area is.

It seems to have memorized the spiel saying it with out hesitation with despite how specific that last bit was being specific to this scenario.
    "I am from another Plane, and am not directly aligned with Eldarond... Please state to whom should I direct any inquiries in regards to relations between two nations, and or two Planes. Second, where would one gain a Building Permit?" He lifts his hammer and strikes the butt on the ground, erecting an antimagic field no thicker than parchment in a sphere around their compound, entirely enclosing it.

The Water Genasi place a Flora repelling field around the compound just inside of the antimagic border.

The Air Genasi leave their enchantments in place, since those are far above in the sky and no magic is involved directly on the ground below.

Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

26. - Top - End - #866
    Ettin in the Playground

Grim and Wild Hunt – Madhouse
    Grim chuckled at the interest shown and said ”Of course I speak your tongue and take your form. The Ever-changing has granted me a body of chaos, always shifting like His flames. You may hunt all you want, kill what you please, but it matters not in the end. Those that you hunt have already been proven worthy by this Madhouse and will thus reform again and again. Such is the joys of being reborn in the comforting embrace of the Endless Horde.” He formed a chair like theirs and sat before conjuring a set of cups for the group to drink tea from.

TukTuk and the Divinities
    Tuktuk shrugged at the changing of people on the throne and said ”Well it seems that you three are busy. I will go check on the goblin engines.” With that Tuktuk disappeared in a puff of smoke, leaving his throne empty. The motion didn’t end in his opinion and he would see it carried out.

Captain Pegpatch and the Krenko-Ka Civil War
    The scientist of Krenko-Ka banded behind the Sharaat with far too many brains for his own good. They were friends of the proletariat yet different than the miners, laborers, or teeming masses. They were more interested in creating the next great thing, expanding upon the glory of Goblin kind while allied heavily with the Mardu and Aerialist. If they meant being allied with a bunch of angry goblins who wanted everyone to be equal then so be it.
    What made the tide of battle even easier was the introduction of strange engines from the scientist. They didn’t say where they came from and no one asked. All the goblins knew was that they could fight and they would cause nightmares to those they hit or to those that slept nearby. The engines themselves rarely spoke and only seemed to speak in some strange code that no one had the time to learn.

Genasi Outposts near Lustrian Compounds - Playground
    The Genasi that formed near the Lustrian compounds, if any formed, found welcoming arms. At the same time the Lustrian compounds, ignored as they were by the Playground, worked on their next advancement. Within each Lustrian temple, as well as the main temple in Chaqua, teleportation circles were formed to allow easier transportation between the thirteen temples.

Chaqua – Azteca
    In the main city of Lustria, the Knights were busy completing a new beast to serve as their mounts. While the Tyrannosaurus Rex would serve as nature’s mount, they knew they could do better. Through breeding and the subtle influence of law new beasts were bred that would support a human mount while still being able to fit into the temples and thus teleport to those destinations that were needed.
    At the same time the Priests made note of the plummeting object in the sky. They plotted the course of possible chaos and informed the Knights of the possibility of it invading the island. Yet for now they didn’t do a thing about it. They didn’t have the manpower currently to investigate every possibility of chaos in the world, at least right now.

The Void
    Hlo gathered It’s divinity and adjusted the objects It had made when It first ascended. H’vooz, the Sun, adjusted to better reflect the giving nature to heal those that were harmed. Xirmr’z, the Comet, adjusted to better reflect the cruel nature of winter and bring low those who were better off than others. In the end they would be two sides of the same coin, bringing balance to those below no matter the consequences.

Zalsaram
    Even with the attention given to the reviving Stingray, the process was past the point of being stopped. Already it was riddled with tunnels of stone and crystal. With a surge from Iu’etten they reformed and strengthened. Instead of a mismatch collection of tunnels they instead reformed to become the bones to support the chained stingray.
    Show
    Grenzo: 12; Goblin, Sin; MIC, SotC
    Goblin (Advance Goblinkind): Nourishment – The Scientist Faction finds themselves able to easily adapt any technology they come across. Right now it’s limited to figuring out how to work the goblin shaped nightmare engines and send them against those that have decided to follow Skreechy for whatever reason.
    SotC: Turn those caverns and catacombs into the bones of the Stingray!
    9=12-3: Tack on the Subrace option for the Mardu Industrial Complex to go with the pollution.
    3=9-6: Raise DR to 19 using Lustria (11) and the Subrace option just done for the 14 requisite.

Lustria: 5
    4=5-1: Nourishment – The thirteen temples of Lustria are linked together in a teleportation circle to provide instant reinforcement between the thirteen points on the Playground.
    3=4-1: Create Subrace – I’m going to come up with a good name for Lawful T-Rexes and/or Battletitans.

Hlo: 7; Moon, Sin PAP; Xirmr’z Charge
    4=7-3: Create Battle Artifact H’vooz. Currently the Sun appears generally the same.
    1=4-3: Create Battle Artifact Xirmr’z: Like the Sun the Comet appears generally the same.
    Last edited by Gunhaven; 2015-07-02 at 12:37 AM.

27. - Top - End - #867
    Orc in the Playground

Clora, Zahav - Zalal - Erebus? The Void?

"So it is here. I will await the order to awake this ancient one when the time comes. I assume the others are taking care of whatever else must be done in order to prepare. Eucle has done right by me, and so I will pay the debt I owe him." She paused, and looked to the remains of the child of Eucle. "I would advise making sure this soul wishes to live again. Resurrection require consent.

A pixie and a catfolk- Genasi Outpost near Kealoha

One pixie, and one catfolk - representatives of the city of Kealoha, curiously approached the new tower. They weren't sure what to expect. They had not seen many creatures from far away, and the tower of the genasi was unlike anything they had ever seen. The pixie, a male by the name of Daerolk, sat atop their partner's shoulder - that of a Catfolk girl named Zuri. There was a look of wonder on both of their faces as they came near the elemental building. They had not yet learned to be weary or distrustful, and so they moved very close to the tower, failing to notice the zone of peacefulness - not that it mattered. They had yet to learn of aggression's existence.

Spoiler: Kealoharen AP (not really any ap costs)
    Show
    Mark the chosen x2 [0x2]: Daerolk the Pixie and Zuri the Catfolk. In the future they will likely be major representatives of the peoples of Kealoha - for now, though, they are just a curious fairy and a curious kitty.

Rannes - The Explorer's Guild

Rannes looked around, and saw that the guild was doing decently well for such a new thing. Certainly, the recent change in relative location would increase the numbers of those who would want the ability to travel easily. Given that the mortals were doing so well, she decided to do what she had intended to do for quite some time, and explore, jumping through a portal to parts unknown - and appearing right at the bottom of the challenge mountains.

She disable her powers of flight and warping. She was going to do this right. She summoned only her basic climbing gear - though keeping her weapons at her side. Having taken care of the preparation, she began to scale the challenge mountains the old fashioned way.
    Last edited by smashingBrawler; 2015-07-02 at 02:14 AM.

28. - Top - End - #868

Quote Originally Posted by smashingBrawler View Post
    A pixie and a catfolk- Genasi Outpost near Kealoha

One pixie, and one catfolk - representatives of the city of Kealoha, curiously approached the new tower. They weren't sure what to expect. They had not seen many creatures from far away, and the tower of the genasi was unlike anything they had ever seen. The pixie, a male by the name of Daerolk, sat atop their partner's shoulder - that of a Catfolk girl named Zuri. There was a look of wonder on both of their faces as they came near the elemental building. They had not yet learned to be weary or distrustful, and so they moved very close to the tower, failing to notice the zone of peacefulness - not that it mattered. They had yet to learn of aggression's existence.
    Nothing untoward happens, very little at all really. Sounds of things being moved about, the clang of hammer on anvil, the sounds of carpentry... the smells of nature surround the mercantile/abode. The plants growing in the immediate vicinity have no apparent order to them, merely growing as they will, though they smell delicious... if one is into that sort of thing. Otherwise the scents of the plants growing immediately inside of the fence are merely pleasantly fragrant, and somewhat reminiscent of a kitchen pantry, the scents of food items and seasonings.

The door it's-self has an invitation scorched into the surface, the door having been grown where it is appears none the worse for wear. The invitation is comprehensible to anyone that can read in any language. A magic done through the use of Runes incorporated into the greeting.
    Last edited by Ralasha; 2015-07-02 at 08:14 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

29. - Top - End - #869
    Ogre in the Playground

Parnetia

Now that Parnetia was sky bound by a pillar of mountain, the residing guild was cut off from the rest of the land.

Valask could not leave his people stuck so he assists by raising the dead Kix.
    However they were not raised as they once were. Now a contained single purpose serving creature. The risen plant creatures are more animal like then before. Modified for burrowing and mining, two stomaches adapted for gut worms, they are shorter, have no eyes, a more hunched form, long powerful claws on powerful limbs and the sonic abilities of a Destrachan.

These creatures will start burrowing into earth creating passages and pathways that will later be worked into rooms, hallways and stairs that lead to ground level.

Show
    0=3-3 raise DR 9 - 10
    Chaos PAP- Create sub race, Deep Kix
    Last edited by Holy-hunter; 2015-07-02 at 02:32 AM.

30. - Top - End - #870
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Isstus, Limbo

The newly formed god of Inquisition does not interfere in the arguments of its Elders. However its was programmed to interrogate any suspect and from the moment that Kryokoli was apprehended it would move to protect the witness. What happens to her after she confesses is not Isstus' problem. Even so, Isstus decides to take this opportunity to run its program by using its divine power to form a weapon of his own in the form of an executioner's axe.

Spoiler
    Show

Isstus

AP3=6-3: Create Combat Artifact: The Indicter. Any mortal cut with this weapon is compelled to tell the truth without half-lies or twisting their words to the best of their knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralasha View Post
    A Fire Genasi woman steps forward, holding a longhammer etched in runes, it glows red from the heat of the fire in which it was crafted. "We offer assistance, and aid. That is our purpose here. Items, healing, spells, magic, and the like in exchange for small amounts of goods or services. Token fees really. The food we are growing we do not need. It is there to assist in feeding the less fortunate."
    King Zorrinn, a Black Dragonborn steps up and says "As you can see, the Northern League is about to go to war against the Orcish menace which threatens Demiourgia once more. Aeons ago, the Orcish tide was broken upon the lines of Genasi. Will you join our alliance and aid us in breaking this menace once more?"

Spoiler
    Show

Cosmic Mother
    AP11=12-1: Nourishment on the Northern League: The arrival of the Genasi have greatly encouraged the races which make up this alliance
    AP10=11-1: Nourishment on the Genasi: While in Northern Demiourgia, the Genasi find their magic and runes to work far more effectively and with less effort.