New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #961
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation in the Playground (IC2)

Quote Originally Posted by Hatter View Post
    Spoiler: Ravenglass
    Show

Robin ponders Ignus' words for a moment, her head bowed and her tattooed fingers gracing her skin. "My nature?" she finally says. "My nature is Fire. I am Flame but not an Elemental. Fire burns, it destroys and even consumes itself if left unchecked...but....It purifies, cauterizes and provides warmth." she looks to Ignus for input on this and after hearing it, she continues. "I am Summer. I am the Season which brings warmth to the world. Plants grow and flowers bloom. Trees bear fruit and the animals come out of their dens. People laugh and they cheer under the rays of Oussia..."

"I am Light. I am a star which shines brightly at night to guide lost souls home. I shine into dark corners and illuminate those that hide and creep. I'm a goddess. What that means, I'm not sure yet....but I can make the best of what I have." Robin perks up, she feels renewed. The knowledge she gleaned from Ignus was phenominal and she smiled at her with perfect teeth that shone as if they were stars themselves. "Thank you, Ignus. You've helped me again."
    "Fire" Ignus states, and turns her head to regard the Godling once again. "Is much more than many will or even can comprehend," She sighs as she stands and walks over to the portals, stroking each one, the Fire portal last. "It is near all-encompassing," She looks over at Robin again, "Child, life burns" she taps her chest as she speaks, "inside. The spark, the fire. Rage burns, passion burns. Fire can create or destroy..."

She taps the Fire Portal Ring again, "I am Fire, it is my nature, and I have quite some time to ponder upon myself. Fire protects, it keeps the dark at bay, it purifies, it heals, it cleanses, it creates and it destroys." She walks over to Robin and stands but a foot from her, "I am a mother, I am a maker, I am a creator, I am a warrior, I am a worker, I am a protector, I am a destroyer, all things are mine. It was I who first brought the Crafts to the Mortals, who taught them to make things. It was I which created the means for passing on knowledge to quench the burning thirst of the younger generations more easily. Creativity is a passion, it burns. Even hatred burns. Do not limit yourself, you are Fire. You are all things, all things are yours. Even the weather is yours to command. Make no mistake, there is no force greater than that of fire. Why think you the Gold and Red dragons are the strongest, and they breath Fire?"

Ignus chuckles, "I sought to create a perfect culture and civilization when I was younger. I sought to bring paradise to the world. But I did so alone. I have fought for a very long time to keep the world safe, I am resented by many for doing so. And now Mortals which do not hold any love for me ask for my aid, or they threaten my children... And the world once again sits upon a precipice. The orcs have returned, and I have been asked to rescue the Dragon Kings from them." She takes Robin by the upper arm (if allowed) and begins walking toward the Fire Portal. "What do you imagine I will do? Let me show you something..."
    Internet currently unreliable, please have patience.

[COLOR="Red"]We require additional Pylons.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neutral Good Human Cleric(2)/Monk(3)/Ranger(2)/Sorcerer(4)
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

2. - Top - End - #962
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ralasha View Post
    "Fire" Ignus states, and turns her head to regard the Godling once again. "Is much more than many will or even can comprehend," She sighs as she stands and walks over to the portals, stroking each one, the Fire portal last. "It is near all-encompassing," She looks over at Robin again, "Child, life burns" she taps her chest as she speaks, "inside. The spark, the fire. Rage burns, passion burns. Fire can create or destroy..."

She taps the Fire Portal Ring again, "I am Fire, it is my nature, and I have quite some time to ponder upon myself. Fire protects, it keeps the dark at bay, it purifies, it heals, it cleanses, it creates and it destroys." She walks over to Robin and stands but a foot from her, "I am a mother, I am a maker, I am a creator, I am a warrior, I am a worker, I am a protector, I am a destroyer, all things are mine. It was I who first brought the Crafts to the Mortals, who taught them to make things. It was I which created the means for passing on knowledge to quench the burning thirst of the younger generations more easily. Creativity is a passion, it burns. Even hatred burns. Do not limit yourself, you are Fire. You are all things, all things are yours. Even the weather is yours to command. Make no mistake, there is no force greater than that of fire. Why think you the Gold and Red dragons are the strongest, and they breath Fire?"

Ignus chuckles, "I sought to create a perfect culture and civilization when I was younger. I sought to bring paradise to the world. But I did so alone. I have fought for a very long time to keep the world safe, I am resented by many for doing so. And now Mortals which do not hold any love for me ask for my aid, or they threaten my children... And the world once again sits upon a precipice. The orcs have returned, and I have been asked to rescue the Dragon Kings from them." She takes Robin by the upper arm (if allowed) and begins walking toward the Fire Portal. "What do you imagine I will do? Let me show you something..."
    Ifnus is allowed to take Robin by the arm, Robin trusts Ignus afterall and follows her quite willingly as she listens to the Elemental's words with rapt attention.
    Currently Playing
    Lord's of Creation-Titan's Return
    - Il-Na: God of Greed, Luck and Earth

3. - Top - End - #963

Ifnus is allowed to take Robin by the arm, Robin trusts Ignus afterall and follows her quite willingly as she listens to the Elemental's words with rapt attention.
    Ignus steps out through the Portal... into the Playground? It is night here...

By all appearances this must be the Burning Lands, the very grass and trees glow softly in the dark. In the distance is Ravenglass. Flying ships of many sizes and shapes skim the air above, moving back and forth, great floating ships hover or maneuver, great towers with cranes and mechanical or magical elevators lift passengers or cargo. Loading, unloading disembarking or docking, all high in the air. Great broad streets and avenues lead from one town to another with strange lamps every few feet alongside them.

Elves, Dwarves, Azers, Humans, Halflings, Lizardfolk, High Men, and all manner of other races mingle. On the surface at least, it appears to be utopian.

"There are six sides to this world. Each an image of the Playground at a different time in it's history. There are seven layers to the Plane. As you go deeper it becomes more fire dominant. The bottom layer is... uninhabitable by any mortal. This plane is an aspect of me. The surface is beautiful, it's core is deadly." She stops walking down the path and looks towards the mountains with their great docks and berths. Visible below are military training grounds. "This is my world... There is or was another god who came here... I think he may have passed. He was the one who created the Solars." Around the island, just visible against the haze of distance are birds of fire flying circuits. "And there you can see the Phoenixes." She points. "When I realized it was impossible to bring this to the Playground, I attempted to leave it behind. I have attempted to do so several times, each time someone in need draws me back into that graveyard." She shrugs gently, "When the stars have faded... when the gods have all gone... when the world is no more, and even magic is but a distant memory, and the planes have ceased to be..." She looks at Robin, "I will still exist." She tilts her head to one side, "Such is my nature, my blessing and my curse." She takes a deep breath and releases it slowly. A long drawn out sound. "Unless I end myself of course." Ignus begins making her way back toward the Portal. "I wanted you to see what I attempted to do in your world. To have a better grip of who and what I am. You are welcome here, as is your husband." She stops and waits for the godling to walk through back into the prime first. "My home is your home, until the end of time, until the end of existence. You are welcome, and may always come here for peace or solitude." She chuckles softly, "You are, after all. My sister in the only manner that counts. Your nature."
    Last edited by Ralasha; 2015-07-08 at 03:06 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

4. - Top - End - #964
    Ettin in the Playground

"If yoiu are to 'take them' from us, I would think you would also be attempting to kill us in order to do so. We will defend ourselves. But, no. Instead you will find we are not here when next you come. The Burning Legion withdraws it's offer of peaceful aid to your people, for your threats and aggressive posturing." Four other Genasi step outside of the building, and begin deconstructing the site, primarily through dissolving it, and anything inside of it with magic. "This is our final answer. And remember, this is your choice. That is twice you threatened." The building is entirely dissolved now, with nothing remaining of it, or anything within. In it's place is sand. "We will leave shortly. You may go."
    The Grel shakes his head, again, and for a moment says nothing. Contemplating the empty space. He appears to be thinking, in concert with the other grels farther back. His thoughts linked by a chain back to the city and from there through dreams and prayers to the Grel gods.

"If it pleases you, you can take my words and twist them into threats. Feel free to keep doing so. Note thought that is not us who may go. We inhabit this land. Also note that the Burning Legion didn't make any offer. When prompted, twice, to answer the question "who are you?". You did not say that you were the Burning Legion. Still, go, leave. Or stay. It is all the same for us. Go on twist my meanings, hide your names, run away with shame and an excuse or stand for your written word so swiftly erased. It is, really, all the same for us."

Kealoharn, Ignus, Eucle, Krykoli and others(?) - Limbo

Eucle walks towards Ignus. He extends one hand once he reaches her. An empty hand.

"I built that heart with the purpose of helping your child. If you are not going to help her... I'm not fit to question your choices regarding your progeny. But since I made that I'll be it's custodian till the time it is needed."

He awaits for the heart to be given to him and then turns to the Cosmic Mother. Looks at her and blinks.

"My offer of help won't remain for much longer. Take it or leave it. Call me a cultist or don't. I no longer care which path you choose. But as Ignus put it if waiting for consensus means inaction I won't stand by it. I'll act on my own."
    Last edited by thethird; 2015-07-08 at 09:38 AM.
    Thanks a lot Gengy for the awesome... just a sec... avatar. :)

5. - Top - End - #965
    Troll in the Playground

Ravenglass, The Burning Lands - Robin, Ignus

A sister? That was something that Robin didn't expect when she came here. She stepped through the portal with Ignus and returned to The Burning Lands, she turned her gaze skyward and looked at the stars above. "Thank you. A question." she turned her gaze back to Ignus.

"There are a people on these lands. They are...lacking guidance." She points her spear in the direction of the Yuan-Ti, her brow quirked in curiosity. "I would give them the guidance they need. Do you object?"
    Currently Playing

6. - Top - End - #966
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

The Cosmic Mother, Limbo

The Cosmic Mother's voice rumbles through Limbo once more, this time at the gods who were assembled there "Gods of Aegis. Here we have the Shard of Zalsaram who wishes to revert her father to the state that he was before the separation of the Elements. Speak up now and decide how our alliance shall react!" Naturally for the Cosmic Mother who slept for aeons, she had nothing but the utmost patience.

The Warforged,
    Pax Invictus

The Grand Inquisition on Pax Invictus was debating on how to execute Isstus' Heresy Suppression Program. According to the information acquired, the name specifically provided was Yanegrish, which meant that there was a high probability that the Apex Sovereignty had succumbed to the Heresy. The High Inquisition therefore decided that High Inquisitors, Warforged with outstanding leadership capabilities would be sent to the various continents to assess the levels of Heresy and report back to the Grand Inquisition on the situation and how to handle it. The High Inquisitors would be operating independently, while at the same time being held accountable to the Grand Inquisition on Pax Invictus and the conditions set by Isstus.

Therefore, Warforged ships were sent to the various lands with High Inquisitors at their helm. For the Demiourgia Inquisition, the High Inquisitor Iron Maiden was deployed. Being calculated as the most competent of the High Inquisitors, she was also given jurisdiction of the Inquisition on the Reenan Isles and Caast Dominus. To Stoixia the High Inquisitor Brazen Bull was dispatched, considered to be a pragmatic leader, it would come in handy as there was a high probability of Heresy especially in the Iceshelf Tundra. To the First Tree, the High Inquisitor Steel Jougs was sent as his diplomatic skills would be useful considering the high probability of the Heresy having contaminated the land through the invasion of the Apex. To the Frozen North, High Inquisitor Breaking Wheel was dispatched. It was calculated that his crude approach would fit perfectly with the locals. To the Burning Lands, the High Inquisitor Pear of Anguish was deployed as she was calculated to be the most persistent. Finally to the Apex Sovereignty, the High Inquisitor Guided Cradle was sent. Calculated to be the most ruthless and unforgiving he was considered the best option as the probabilities of the Apex being a hive of Heresy was almost near certain.

Spoiler
    Show

Isstus AP6
    Mark of the chosen:
    The Iron Maiden
    The Brazen Bull
    The Steel Jougs
    The Breaking Wheel
    The Pear of Anguish
    The Guided Cradle
    "Do not anger a bard...for you are silly, and would make for a funny song."

7. - Top - End - #967

Quote Originally Posted by thethird View Post
    The Grel shakes his head, again, and for a moment says nothing. Contemplating the empty space. He appears to be thinking, in concert with the other grels farther back. His thoughts linked by a chain back to the city and from there through dreams and prayers to the Grel gods.

"If it pleases you, you can take my words and twist them into threats. Feel free to keep doing so. Note thought that is not us who may go. We inhabit this land. Also note that the Burning Legion didn't make any offer. When prompted, twice, to answer the question "who are you?". You did not say that you were the Burning Legion. Still, go, leave. Or stay. It is all the same for us. Go on twist my meanings, hide your names, run away with shame and an excuse or stand for your written word so swiftly erased. It is, really, all the same for us."
    "We stand with peace." With that the Genasi depart.

Kealoharn, Ignus, Eucle, Krykoli and others(?) - Limbo

Eucle walks towards Ignus. He extends one hand once he reaches her. An empty hand.

"I built that heart with the purpose of helping your child. If you are not going to help her... I'm not fit to question your choices regarding your progeny. But since I made that I'll be it's custodian till the time it is needed."

He awaits for the heart to be given to him and then turns to the Cosmic Mother. Looks at her and blinks.

"My offer of help won't remain for much longer. Take it or leave it. Call me a cultist or don't. I no longer care which path you choose. But as Ignus put it if waiting for consensus means inaction I won't stand by it. I'll act on my own."
    "Wisdom, does sometimes require patience, but too much patience is unwise, as it only brings inaction. Inaction brings defeat."

Ravenglass, The Burning Lands - Robin, Ignus

A sister? That was something that Robin didn't expect when she came here. She stepped through the portal with Ignus and returned to The Burning Lands, she turned her gaze skyward and looked at the stars above. "Thank you. A question." she turned her gaze back to Ignus.

"There are a people on these lands. They are...lacking guidance." She points her spear in the direction of the Yuan-Ti, her brow quirked in curiosity. "I would give them the guidance they need. Do you object?"
    "I have no objections."

Quote Originally Posted by Shmee View Post
    The Cosmic Mother, Limbo

The Cosmic Mother's voice rumbles through Limbo once more, this time at the gods who were assembled there "Gods of Aegis. Here we have the Shard of Zalsaram who wishes to revert her father to the state that he was before the separation of the Elements. Speak up now and decide how our alliance shall react!" Naturally for the Cosmic Mother who slept for aeons, she had nothing but the utmost patience.
    "You misconstrue my meaning. What I intend to be heard is: Rather than Zalsaram, the evil one. Let them revive Zalsar, since so far nothing is being done to prevent his return, if this continues... the result will be inevitable." She raises an eyebrow, "Inaction brings defeat. But there are more options than just 'victory or defeat'."

Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

8. - Top - End - #968
    Barbarian in the Playground

Eoneh, The Void

Thoughts and whispers pulsed through his mind. Constantly, always, just beyond the edge of recognition. But the Whisperer, he was not there. Not right now. But he had been. When they were still back where they had come from, alone and hungry, the Whisperer had come. Had told him what he must do, and where he must go. Beyond the surface, beyond waves or land, to the great beyond of the stars. The voice had been faint, creaky, but it had told him how. How to… change his people, his crew. He did it all with his own hands. Some went peacefully, following orders. Some struggled. All the same, he did it, for the promise of what was to come. They turned their blood and minds to work, as the whispers demanded, and found themselves in emptiness. There, free of the land, of the peons below, the voices were clearer, at least. The Whisperer told him how to link together, how to form a ship -- no longer tied to the weak ships of the seas below, but a ship of the power of their mind. Told them where to go, out here in this void. And then the Whisperer fell silent -- exhausted?
    Now, though, they approached the place. Something was waiting. And someone, too, for another whisper clamored through the the noise. He must go in alone. His crew, they would obey. They must obey.

He went in. He returned. What was within, no one else could say. As he departed and joined mind again to the craft, that which was was no more, vanishing as he left. The crew were waiting, as well they should. Standing before them, he lifted both hands. “The promise had been fulfilled! The power of the universe is ours!” While he spoke, a radiance began to pour from his hands, growing out tendrils towards the assembly. “You too will be able to partake of this power! We are to return to where we came, and make things right! The world is ours, my children!” With that, a roar went up, and he threw back his head in ecstasy. “All praise the author of your salvation! I am to be henceforth Eoneh, and I am your GOD!” His teeth flashed, and as he did, the blossoming radiance flashed to black, a dark nimbus spreading out, and the tendrils dipped down, snakes lashing out at those there, biting into their flesh with immaterial fangs, and all fell where they stood.

Time passed differently, out in the black, so suffice to say, time passed, and the ship found themselves above the land they had left again. His people were ready to descend and claim their land. Caution and preparation, he warned them. It would not be fitting that they come down now. The welcoming party must be prepared first.
    Instead, Eoneh reached out with his power to the surface. The humans would suffice. Their ambition pulsed out to him, a heartbeat that only he could hear. It was so simple to reach out and… twist. Use the power to whisper to them, to change them. They would serve at his feet, and in return, they too would be exalted over other men, for they were noble. They were… Imperial.
    To seal the promise, he sent to them a book. Bound in old leather it appeared, black and brown with raised whorls, it spoke to them of their destiny, and the what the King to Come would require of them. There were ceremonies and rituals to prepare the way, to welcome his entourage. The people must be ready to pay their homage.
    Above, Eoneh sat in his throne, and waited patiently, a smile spreading across his face, as he tapped the scepter in his hand; a scepter that appeared as a black metal, unlike any the land had seen, tipped with a crimson ruby.

Spoiler
    Show

AP 10 - 3 (Create Artifact (Manifest Destiny): Teach Populace) - 3 (Create Artifact (Scepter of Domination): Pestilence) - 2 (Create Populace: Void-born) - 1 (Create Subrace: Imperials) = 1

9. - Top - End - #969
    Barbarian in the Playground

Far North, Suula

Suula sat quietly, surrounded by the cool air, wind brushing at her muzzle. This was where she came to listen. She was not Those Who Listen to the Land -- her ears were for the Ancients -- but she still preferred the breeze in her fur to the firmament of the den. So here she sat, watching the sunlight play over the ice as it set. Sounds, good sounds of ice and snow shifting, of the wind in the village, passed her ears. She growled once, then closed her eyes, shutting out that sense, and beginning to sway in the breeze. While they could not be precisely closed, she stretched her ears out to listen, and waited.
    And waited, and still did not hear that which she listened for. She could feel on her flesh the slow descent of the sun. The Ancients did not always come to a waiting listener; they were not tame beasts, as some others were rumored to have. They came and went when they would. Still Suula waited, until darkness was nearly upon them. Her eyes still shut, she drifted on the cool evening air. When she first heard the voice, she knew it must be a dream. That low-throated growl had the warmth of Boromir, one of Those Who Are. The Ancients never spoke like that; it could not be Boromir though, for his body had been given to the earth, as was fit for him.
    “Ah, Suula. Sulla the patient, Suula the good, Suula the young.”
    Suula turned lazily, rolling onto her back, fur crunching against the snow; then froze. Fur crunching… she could feel the snow against her. But it must be a dream. She opened her eyes hesitantly, and beheld, in the fading light, an… outline? A snowwraith, it seemed, but one with Boromir’s form, lumbering towards her. He dipped head and moved paw in a gesture of respect, claws twitching in… no, not the standard recognition of what she was. Her confusion was doubtless on her face, as he leaned back into a laugh. “Ah, Suula. Do not worry, the cold has not seeped in your ears. Even if they are so big.”
    She rolled upright and sniffed at the air. There was something in the air; not unpleasant, but not something she recognized either. “Is that you I smell, Boromir?”
    His smile was as kind as she remembered. “It is, and not just I, but many of those who have been Given.” The air wavered, and another cloud she saw; old Artares, gone nine seasons, Given to the waves that he loved so.
    Suula bowed to him as he approached, and he returned the honor, making the same unknown gesture of her position. “Even as our bodies pass on, our voices still remain; the zephyrs that follow the wind, perhaps.” Boromir raised a paw and waved it behind him. “All to serve the sleuth. We have come for you, Suula.” Her eyes wavered between the two figures, the lights of the dens in the distance.
    “Am I to…?”
    “Listen, dear one. You are one who has not been before, but one who will have many such in the days to come. There is newness in the world. You are to be our ears, Those Who Listen to Ancestors Suula.”

In the days to come, much needed and goodly-wise was that which she heard, and the sleuths prospered and grew.

Spoiler
    Show

AP 5 - 0 (Libram charge Teach Populace: Voices of the Ancestors) - 0 (Eye charge Nourishment: Wisdom of the Ancestors) = 5

10. - Top - End - #970
    Ettin in the Playground

Weapons are not used in the game including armor spikes though armor is ok. This is a bit more brutal. Claws are also tied into fists for the duration of this. Death happens a fair bit might as well try our best to minimize this while making it as interesting as possible. A few more might be better but I'm sure some Shoglings can help fill out the teams. The rules are relatively simple try to get the rock to the other side of the field. If the person carrying the rock touches the ground that set is over. The opposing team can try to stop the person carrying the rock. Groin shots, headshots and clobbering your opponent is all suggested. Also no flying to avoid a world where fliers take over the entire game.

You get four chances to get it a chain length. If they don't then the other team gets the rock and tries to get it to the otherside.

The Brain Shogling says as they move. They arrive just in time to see the start of a round. A Brain shog throws the rock. It goes wide heading towards an opponent who snatches it mid air. The Shogling who caught it runs about two feet before being punched hard in the face by clockwork golem. The Shogling stumbles but manages to keep its feet before another Shogling comes in and smashes him into the ground. The now unconscious and bruised Shogling is moved into another zone to be treated. The Brain Shogling that is with you continues to talk explaining the rules to the best of his ability while combat.

Once he was done explaining the basics he started clearing the area. It quickly was cleared out and the teams made ready. They were facing a team of one iron golem, 13 warrior Shoglings, a brain Shogling and a drone Shogling. The team they sent out however was a team entirely of warrior Shoglings presumably to take advantage of the extra strength they gain from facing people with magical potential. Then the first of the three thirds starts. Over all the first period was a close match. The Shoglings were disorganized with out the brain Shogling and the hill giant managed to hold off the Shoglings. The others on the team were being brutalized by the fists of the Shoglings or ignoring the game all together attempting to dodge their fists. An Aram forgetting the rules of this supposedly being non-lethal released a spurt of fire at a Shogling. The flames weakened the bindings on the Shoglings claws enough that it broke them free. It grinned and then started laying into the poor Aram. The referee watches impassively until the giant scores before blowing his whistle. The Aram and the Shoglings are both sent off to the side. The Aram is promptly rushed by Shogling medics but both of the players got a red flag for use of weapons. Both are banned from continuing to play in this game but interestingly the point still counted despite the mini fight that had started on the field. The giant managed to score two touch downs and the other aram managed to score as well when it ran between the legs of a warrior Shogling with the rock during the third. A Shogling is injured as well as the remaining Aram and the harpy. The Aram was ok to continue in the second third after a quick application of fire but both the Shogling and the Harpy seemed to be out of it.

In the second third the Brain Shogling enters the field and so does the clockwork golem. They heavily changed the formation with the entire group clumped around the giant. The Brain Shogling gets the ball and then does nothing with it just dodging and ducking away from the opponents. Meanwhile the rest of the team dog piles the giant beating at them and smashing with all their might. By the time the the brain Shogling goes down the giant is an unconscious bloody mess. Two other warrior Shoglings had also went down in the scrap and so had the Brain Shogling. The bodies are moved off to the medic’s tent. For the rest of the third they Shogling team ignores the goal of the game instead attacking the opponents as brutally as possible. By the end of the third most of the opposing is team is out leaving just two hobgoblins and six lizard men. The slavers had scored twice compared to none for the Shoglings but now they were severely understaffed with no more backups.

In the third third it was just a stomping the Slavers didn’t have nearly enough people to stop the Shoglings and another three go lizard men go down and a Shogling. The score at the end was twelve points for the Shoglings compared to five for the Slavers. Most of the Slavers and Shoglings are ok after the end but the giant would need several days to get better and the Aram that used the fire was still comatose.

Spoiler
    Show

2ap=5ap-3ap create artifact: The trophy of the Shogbowl. A utility artifact that grants nourishment and goes to the Winner of the Shoggames (The artifact is always the Trophy used for the Shogbowl, if someone ever keeps the Shogbowl trophy past the time they have to send it back for the the annual Shoggames results in the trophy disappearing and reappearing in the Winner's hands of that Shoggames). This has to be termed in ways of it affecting morale or something similar but not magical or godlike.

Technical the score should be much higher because of the way scoring works in football but just went for single point scores.

Spoiler: Giant in the Playground Hearthstone Champion
    Show

11. - Top - End - #971
    Troll in the Playground

Plane of Shog

Ahn watched the whole thing with great interest, all five heads actually focused in on the little game and when all was said and done he let out a great and thunderous laugh of applause "Ha! Hahaha! Very good! Very good, little Shoglings! Ha! Impressive indeed!"

His eyes grazed the Shoglings and then with a flick of his barbed tongue he said "Ask of me a boon, little Shoglings! Quickly, now..before I change my mind! Ha! Ahahahaha!"

The Burning Lands - Robin, Yuan-Ti

Robin disappeared from Ignus' side with a flash of light and appeared before the Yuan-Ti. She hovered above them and her light did shine brightly through the night, illuminating every corner and every dark shadow.

She brought herself down as the Yuan-Ti cowered before her divinity. This was not something or someone they were used to dealing with. Their gods had faded into the nothingness and they were not anything like this being of fire and light that stood before them now.

All the Yuan-Ti could think of doing was collectively prostrating themselves before the goddess and praying that she would spare their lives but they found that prayer answered, unneeded as her light and love suffused their souls.
    Currently Playing

12. - Top - End - #972
    Ogre in the Playground

The madhouse - Valask and Co.

The dinner continues on awkwardly, Kiera seemingly the only one comfortable. Valask who for obvious reasons does not eat, finaly speaks up.

"In a months time I shall make you both gods... If your service and loyalty remain true."

Having finally said his part and completed the necessary greeting he waves his hand and dismisses them back to the playground in a flash.

That went well, sort of.
    The two were lacking in respect and awe of his presence and it infuriated him deep within. But his mind was made up, he had things that had to be looked after, a chore that now bored him so instead he would deligate to another.

What to do now? He ponders the thought as he looks around the void. Slowly he steps out into it, his dinning hall glows behind him, then disappears in a sudden flash of blinding light instantly followed by a thundering bang as it explodes into a chaotic mess. Debris and smoke fly all throughout the madhouse, only the clear checkered marble floor remains in his section.
    Last edited by Holy-hunter; 2015-07-09 at 12:06 AM.

13. - Top - End - #973
    Orc in the Playground

Kealoahren et al - Limbo

Kealoharen did not speak up for the moment. They knew not the best course of action - they knew nothing of Zalsar - who apparently had goodness within, and so they waited to see what would be said and explained. An evil world was certainly something to be feared - but a good one could be an incredible boon.

A woman made of granite, wearing armor, and having quartz crystal spires standing up strikingly from the top of her head answers the knock a few moments later. She blinks blearily. "Ah. Welcome to Burning Legion Outpost '1 (Playground), 1 (Demiorgea) dash 3 (Geographical region) dash 4. How may we be of assistance?"
    Daerolk & Zuri - The Genasi outpost nearest Kealoha

The two looked at the woman in moderate awe. They had not seen such unusual looking people before. Zuri spoke first. "Hi! We were just curious about what this place is, and where it - and you, I guess - came from!" as she finished, Daerolk lightly chimed in. "As well, I find myself wondering what you are. We have never seen folk which look like you. You are not soft enough to be catfolk, and far too large to be a pixie like me! I hope you don't mind me asking what and who you are."

Rannes - The Challenge Mountains

Rannes reached the peak of the highest of the Challenge Mountains, and observed the land below. This latest challenge proved... too simple. It was lengthy, but length alone was not enough to satisfy the need which endlessly pulled at Rannes. She alone would not be able to make the adventure she wanted - if she were to create it, she would know it inside and out. She would need something that would make the adventure itself. Yes, indeed what she needed was a land of endless adventure.

Spoiler: Rannes AP
    Show
    Initial AP: [3]
    AP Expenditure:
    Create Plane (The Endless Adventure) [-3] - The Endless Adventure is a plane which expands itself with one goal in mind - creating a new adventure. Followers of Rannes who pass away, as well as those who are unaligned but who have great adventuring spirit will find themselves in this plane. Some adventurers, especially those for whom time is abstract, who grow tired of endless adventuring may choose to settle in the cities that dot the second and fourth layers, or run the rest stops that can be found on the third.
    Spoiler: Planar traits
    Show
    Normal Gravity, Flowing time (1 minute - 1 year). Sentient (The land expands in order to create new and unique adventures, though it divides select primary traits between five layers) but otherwise Alterable morphic. There are limits to the magic in The Endless Adventure - divination to see what comes ahead to early as well as teleportation to skip the challenge of the adventure are prohibited (This does not include magic used to, for example, breathe underwater in the fourth layer - the plane does not prevent the use of magic that is required to continue). Effectively, any magic that skips or subverts the difficulty of the challenge is denied, though such magic used in ways unrelated to the adventuring spirit still works. As well, those who wish to postpone or end their adventure can return to their rest stop or city of choice by stating "My adventure ends for now, take me where I wish to rest" - They can also return to an adventure left unfinished by saying "My adventure was not yet done, return me to the place I seek".
    Spoiler: Layer 1
    Show

The first layer is mostly composed of floating islands or stone and grass. The first layer is acts as air dominant, and has Subjective Directional Gravity.

Spoiler: Layer 2
    Show

The second layer is primarily mountainous and forested, and is also marked by the occasional central hub-city that act as places for resting or urban-adventuring.

Spoiler: Layer 3
    Show

Below the second layer is the cavernous layer where the world is like an infinite dungeon or labyrinth with the occasional built-in tavern or rest stop. It can be considered as earth-dominant.

Spoiler: Layer 4
    Show
    Next, the fourth layer is an ocean layer, mostly water, for those who wish to explore such a place - it is dotted by the occasional city as well. The layer is considerably water-dominant.

Spoiler: Layer 5
    Show
    The fifth layer is Rannes' personal location for exploration - designed to challenge her and the power she possesses - legends say that this layer contains the greatest challenges an adventure could ever hold - though most do not make it far before turning back.

Remaining AP: [0]

14. - Top - End - #974
    Ettin in the Playground

Singing Stones
    Deep beneath the ground, the scientist began to work. They knew the proliteriet would eventually demand equality from them as well and they would have none of it. Instead they decided to create a new city without laws or morals getting in the way. Deep beneath the sea there was a rupture and a vast dome of glass began to form. In this empty city the scientist began to experiment more freely without worrying about accidently offending someone. This city, this Nying as they called it, soon prospered under the sea.
    From the main dome smaller domes were created to help defend the main hub. The nightmare engines, constructs as they were, took up unblinking vigil in the sea to help defend the fleshy companions within. Beyond them, as a secondary line, was the Mardu who were busy adapting to this new environment with modified mechs who would serve underwater with tighter seals and engines powered by ethanol, ichor, or nuclear nuggets.

Sovereign Held Southern Demiourgia
    As the Vindicators freed the slaves the weather above began to slowly shift. The rain cleared briefly and parted only to reveal something horrifying. In the sky above was a giant black star, staring down at the land with hatred clear. Under it's gaze L'mc, the Oynx Star, the Bleeding Eye began to instead bear it's baleful eye upon the land below and dropped tears of burning blood below. Where it landed sinkholes were formed for the denizens of the catacombs could venture forth from.
    At the same time as the blood rained, Grenzo briefly flared above the sky with a cackle. As he disappeared the land forever altered. As retribution for the land stolen from His children, He burned those Apex forces that still tried to call the land home. From the flames came the ashes of the land which would slowly become a large desert. A reminder that those who angered the Cackling Flame would be burned to ashes.

Azteca
    Lustria shivered as She felt chaos take hold on Her island. She gathered up her best platoon and set out to investigate the source. What She found was a race of lizardfolk, vile and unlawful as they were. She was an understanding deity and offered them at the end of Her Lance a compromise; they could either embrace Law or She would end their miserable lives. After a few lizardfolk died as an example they quickly embraced Her teachings and moved into Chaqua.
    Yet She still felt the presence, blocked by a rock with a strange inscription. Instead of breaking down the rock to investigate further She took this opportunity to instead use it to enforce Her teachings on the island and in the compounds. Chaos could take hold anywhere and Law must be ever vigilant against it.
    In Her temple she contemplated this newest advancement and saw that She would need to prepare for this coming battle against chaos. With a portion of Her divinity She imbued Her lance with this power and the blood of the heretic. From this power Her blade became red as blood and sharp enough to pierce even divine beings.

Spoiler: AP
    Show
    Grenzo: 1; Chaos, Divinities, Goblin, Sin PAP; Cauldron, MIC(P/S), SotC Charges
    Divinities (Partial Successes): Nourishment - The Goblin Engines are mostly good guards and help protect the newest goblin city with a roughly 85% success rate.
    Goblin (Goblins will flourish) - Mold Land: Create the new goblin city Nying under the sea.
    MIC:S - Mechs now come in Ground and Underwater versions.

0=1-1: Mold Land - The sovereign held lands of Demiourgia becomes a giant desert.

Lustria: 6; Law
    3=6-3: Create Battle Artifact "The Red Lance" to pierce the chaos and enforce law upon Azteca.

Hlo: 4; Moon, Sin PAP; H'Vooz, L'mc, Zey'k Charges)
    L'mc: The freezing rains are replaced by boiling blood for about a week before the desert becomes somewhat normal.

15. - Top - End - #975
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by thethird View Post
    Lylien approaches the Marut slowly and she lands a hand in the creatures shoulder.

"There is no need to bow."

She smiles candidly at the Marut. Before going back to her command throne in the mech.

"Now, I dreaded that this moment would come. While I hold nothing but respect to your master I cannot in good faith accept his invitation. The god of law is all concerned with law. As are his followers. As much as I believe that order is important, law should not come before reason."
    The Marut tilts its head at the goddess, gears audibly whirring in its frame. "My master says...that Law and reason are synonymous," it begins, "but he can see that thou does not agree. He says that Law is multifaceted; each of the gods in the Order must serve the Law in their own way. Thou believes that Law must be tempered by 'reason'; still, in doing so, thou would more likely serve Law and hinder Chaos, so he would still offer thee a place in the Order of Lawful Gods." The Marut pauses for a short moment for continuing. "Should thou still refuse, my master Kethneciel would hold no quarrel with thee; thy deeds are more Lawful than Chaotic, and the Law understands the concept of neutrality."

Quote Originally Posted by Hamste View Post
    Judgment Seat, Oussia

What Shog do in Order? Shog imagine an order of law would have rules beyond fight Chaos. Also how Shog fight chaos? Shog not need to hurt Grenzo, Valask or Ahn? Grenzo invited Shog to hunting party, Valask say he give Shog spell caster souls and Kerx says one of the four brothers is Shog's ben...bene...benefactor. Shog only met Grenzo and never got to see Ahn but Ahn was mentioned. Shog not quite sure how they are Shog's ben...bene...benefactor but Shog think they funded and created Shog's creation program. Shog not want to hurt helpful people though Shog good to help stop them if needed. Shog says.
    "Grenzo and Ahn serve not the Law," Kethneciel rumbles. "However, I would not ask thee to forgo thy understanding of Lawful practice. Each god of the Order serves Law in their own way; they combine it with 'good' or 'honor' or 'reason'. This may dilute the power of Law, but it does not destroy it. Entrance into the Order of Lawful Gods means that thou wilt receive a measure of power for thy own use in thy own Lawful purposes, and in return, if ever I believe that the Law as a whole is threatened, thou shalt stand ready to defend it upon my call. If thou would still prefer not to join in this pantheon, I bear thee no ill will for it; the Law is cognizant of neutrality."

After hearing Shog's reply, Kethneciel would nod to him and to Ulvin, and then say, "The Aegis is called to Limbo," before vanishing.

Limbo--Gathered Gods

Kethneciel appears with little fanfare before the gathered gods of Aegis. "The Aegis was made to stop the rise of Zalsaram," he begins without preamble. "If Zalsar is truly a different creature, than its rising or not is immaterial to our goals, except inasmuch as it may prove to present Zalsaram's resurrection."

Kahla

The Craast grew, and expanded. The new Genasi neighbors hurt none, not even the Craach; with a thought, Kahla stopped its growth at the edge of their outposts. After much deliberation, she allowed some of the Makers to begin trade with the Genasi, always with at least one Land-Singer escort. The Craast, somewhat behind the rest of the Playground in terms of technology, begin to move forward.

The Craach spreads with the Craast, reaching in a great golden sheet over much of northern Demiourgia. The land under the Craach ceases its shuddering movements, becoming quiescent and inert.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Kahla
    3 AP, 1 PAP

-1 AP: Nourishment. The Craast gain the benefits of whatever technology and theory the Genasi are willing to teach them.

Craach: Nourishment. The Craach spreads over Northern Demiourgia, greatly increasing the growth of the Craast.

Aegis PAP (Quiet the Land): Mold Land. Wherever the Craach touches, earthquakes cease and volcanos grow dormant.

2 AP remaining
    Originally Posted by Xefas:
    "I need the Goblins in phalanx arrangement. Sky Blotters in the back! Swissles? Assume the Swizzle Stick Formation! We're going in!"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #976

Quote Originally Posted by smashingBrawler View Post
    Daerolk & Zuri - The Genasi outpost nearest Kealoha

The two looked at the woman in moderate awe. They had not seen such unusual looking people before. Zuri spoke first. "Hi! We were just curious about what this place is, and where it - and you, I guess - came from!" as she finished, Daerolk lightly chimed in. "As well, I find myself wondering what you are. We have never seen folk which look like you. You are not soft enough to be catfolk, and far too large to be a pixie like me! I hope you don't mind me asking what and who you are."
    She blinks and orders her thoughts for a moment, "This is a Burning Legion Outpost. We are here to provide assistance. As to who? I am Ter'gahl, an Earth Genasi. The race of Stone created by Ignus the Mother of Making; the Eternal Flame. The Burning Legion is a militant peace keeping force created in ancient times to defend the Burning Lands, and to prevent certain... horrors. We have been dispatched across the surface of the Playground to offer assistance and aid in the form of Crafting, sustenance, trade, and goods. We also offer education to those desiring such." She opens the door all the way and steps back so they can clearly see the interior, or enter as they choose. "You may enter, or not... as you desire."

Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    Limbo--Gathered Gods

Kethneciel appears with little fanfare before the gathered gods of Aegis. "The Aegis was made to stop the rise of Zalsaram," he begins without preamble. "If Zalsar is truly a different creature, than its rising or not is immaterial to our goals, except inasmuch as it may prove to present Zalsaram's resurrection."
    Ignus nods, "Zalsaram, being a form born of the destruction of Zalsar cannot come into being if Zalsar is restored... I think. Though, having pondered on the Cosmic Mother's words... it is possible that doing so would still be a bad thing." She reaches into the heart, and removes the hair, essence and all, reformed. She then offers the heart back to Eucle, whom apparently desires it's return. The hair she hands back to the God(dess?) of Love.

Kahla

The Craast grew, and expanded. The new Genasi neighbors hurt none, not even the Craach; with a thought, Kahla stopped its growth at the edge of their outposts. After much deliberation, she allowed some of the Makers to begin trade with the Genasi, always with at least one Land-Singer escort. The Craast, somewhat behind the rest of the Playground in terms of technology, begin to move forward.

The Craach spreads with the Craast, reaching in a great golden sheet over much of northern Demiourgia. The land under the Craach ceases its shuddering movements, becoming quiescent and inert.
    The Genasi teach crafting, literacy and basic mechanical theory and practices to the Craast. Their primary 'technologies' are after all magical, but require Runic Script, which they do not share with anyone. Construction (Even of vehicles such as carts, wagons, the kind of houses halflings favor which are known as Gypsie Wagons to the Genasi, and Shipwright skills), Smithing (including metallurgy), Carpentry, Weaving, Magic and even 'basic' enchanting as one might find amongst the humans are available to be taught. Glass and crystal are their favorite building materials... which some might find odd, until they are taught to harden it.

In trading, almost anything they are capable of making is available. Healing, breaking enchantments, even curing disease.

What they require in trade is only token amounts. At that, is obviously a mere formality.
    Last edited by Ralasha; 2015-07-09 at 02:54 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

17. - Top - End - #977
    Troll in the Playground

Limbo- Gathered Gods

Ulvin arrives along with Kethneciel and takes in the situation, he would speak for his wife even though she was not present at the time. "My wife and I stand in agreement with my Father, Kethneciel. We are charged with preventing the return of Zalsaram, not Zalsar."
    Currently Playing

18. - Top - End - #978
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Isstus, Limbo

"Statement: We are operating on little information regarding Divinity: Zalsar character. Considering that Divnity: Zalsar ceased to be before the Divinities existed, I calculate that we shall be taking a huge risk in allowing this to proceed."

"Query: What do we know of Divinity: Zalsar?"

19. - Top - End - #979

Isstus, Limbo

"Statement: We are operating on little information regarding Divinity: Zalsar character. Considering that Divnity: Zalsar ceased to be before the Divinities existed, I calculate that we shall be taking a huge risk in allowing this to proceed."

"Query: What do we know of Divinity: Zalsar?"
    Ignus looks blankly at Isstus and counters, "Argument: Risk incalculable, statement invalid. No data submitted ergo no calculation possible. Query: Is lack of information information. Further Query: How can risk be assigned without data? Addendum: Lack of evidence is not evidence."

Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

20. - Top - End - #980
    Ogre in the Playground

Darius & Kiera - The Genasi outpost on raised Parnetia

Having been expelled from the Madhouse mid meal the two were a bit confused by their sudden change in surroundings, it looked like a part of Parnetia they hadn't before seen yet there were some strange creatures around an out-of-place looking construction.

Kiera, having no time to don her cloak before being teleported to her current location, stood proudly in her near nakedness with her self mutilations and exotic adaptions clear for all to see.
    She approaches the structure, gazing over it as she nears.

She walks like a woman in high heels as the grafted talons protruding from the back of each foot click against the hard stone path with every step, she tones down the normally accentuated sensuality of her sultry movements, not being in the mood for such theatrics.
    Naturally she ignores the Genasi at first. Walking right up to the structure and laying a hand on it.
    A sleek black spiked tentacle uncurls from around her neck, rolling down her arm to its connection, just above her elbow. It extends out twice the length of her arm and snakes over the structure as if examining it.

Finally she turns her head to the nearest Genasi, looking it over she slowly speaks.
    "Well, what do we have here? I have never seen one of your kind before.
    Friend or foe?
    I hope you realise this land has already been claimed, it will take a little more then your statue to take it from us."

Meanwhile her brother has disappeared into the shadows.

21. - Top - End - #981

Quote Originally Posted by Holy-hunter View Post
    Darius & Kiera - The Genasi outpost on raised Parnetia

Having been expelled from the Madhouse mid meal the two were a bit confused by their sudden change in surroundings, it looked like a part of Parnetia they hadn't before seen yet there were some strange creatures around an out-of-place looking construction.

Kiera, having no time to don her cloak before being teleported to her current location, stood proudly in her near nakedness with her self mutilations and exotic adaptions clear for all to see.
    She approaches the structure, gazing over it as she nears.

She walks like a woman in high heels as the grafted talons protruding from the back of each foot click against the hard stone path with every step, she tones down the normally accentuated sensuality of her sultry movements, not being in the mood for such theatrics.
    Naturally she ignores the Genasi at first. Walking right up to the structure and laying a hand on it.
    A sleek black spiked tentacle uncurls from around her neck, rolling down her arm to its connection, just above her elbow. It extends out twice the length of her arm and snakes over the structure as if examining it.

Finally she turns her head to the nearest Genasi, looking it over she slowly speaks.
    "Well, what do we have here? I have never seen one of your kind before.
    Friend or foe?
    I hope you realize this land has already been claimed, it will take a little more then your statue to take it from us."

Meanwhile her brother has disappeared into the shadows.
    The nearest Genasi is a Water Genasi, the immediate ground around the building having been converted to soil, and having plants sprouting from it.

He blinks owlishly at the woman a moment. "Begging your pardon, but that isn't a statue. Umm, I don't think we're enemies. and we aren't claiming the land at all. We're capable of leaving at any time in just a few minutes... leaving the area as we found it. Since nothing was here, we didn't think anyone would mind."

Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

22. - Top - End - #982
    Ogre in the Playground

The nearest Genasi is a Water Genasi, the immediate ground around the building having been converted to soil, and having plants sprouting from it.

He blinks owlishly at the woman a moment. "Begging your pardon, but that isn't a statue. Umm, I don't think we're enemies. and we aren't claiming the land at all. We're capable of leaving at any time in just a few minutes... leaving the area as we found it. Since nothing was here, we didn't think anyone would mind."
    "Oh, well in that case, no need to rush away. It's been a while since we had visitors. What is it that you are doing here?"

She removes her hand and tentacle from the statue and attempts to gently touch the water creatures face as she leans towards it.
    Last edited by Holy-hunter; 2015-07-09 at 04:37 AM.

23. - Top - End - #983
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Ignus looks blankly at Isstus and counters, "Argument: Risk incalculable, statement invalid. No data submitted ergo no calculation possible. Query: Is lack of information information. Further Query: How can risk be assigned without data? Addendum: Lack of evidence is not evidence."

"Retort: No Evidence provided to prove that Divinity: Zalsar will be of sound mental condition. Assumptions aside, we know more of Divnity: Zalsaram and his intents. Fact is, we know little of Divinity: Zalsar and what he once was. As Divinity: Ignus said Lack of evidence is not evidence."

"Repetition: I calculate that we shall be taking a huge risk in allowing this to proceed."

Meanwhile the Cosmic Mother remains silent to the whole exchange. Instead she focuses on the Scroll of Aegis. Containing the signatures of the gods, their name held great powers indeed.

Spoiler
    Show

The Cosmic Mother: AP20
    AP17=20-3: Create Nourishment Artifact: The Cosmic Mother's Decree
    AP14=17-3: Create Nourishment Artifact: Ignus' Decree
    AP11=14-3: Create Nourishment Artifact: Kahla's Decree
    AP8=11-3: Create Mold Land Artifact: Kealoharen's Decree
    AP5=8-3: Create Mold Land Artifact: Kethneciel's Decree
    AP2= 5-3: Create Mold Land Artifact: Pernieth's Decree

I'll get to finishing this after rollover. Here is how the Scroll of Aegis will work: The members of Aegis can attempt to use the Scroll in times of emergency. However, the catch is that the Scroll itself is sentient, and if it judges that one seeks to misuse its awesome powers, it will lash out against them.

Naturally, one needs to run it by me before using the Scroll of Aegis.

The Warforged

The Warforged land in Northern Demiourgia, and are quick to make contact with the Northern League who are more than willing to assist the Inquisition in establishing itself in these lands. Therefore the Iron Maiden establishes the Demiourgia Inquisition's headquarters near Mytea. Meanwhile at the same time, as Stoixia was now airborne, a portal is opened between Pax Invictus and Eldarond, as High Inquisitor Brazen Bull seeks the King that Ulvin chose in order to establish his own branch of the Inquisition.

Spoiler
    Show

Isstus AP6
    AP4=6-2: Create Organization: The Demiourgia Inquisition (No new Prestige Class)
    AP2=4-2: Open Portal from Pax Invictus to Eldardon

24. - Top - End - #984
    Troll in the Playground

Avalon, Eldarond - The Inquisition

The Inquisition received full support from Eldarond's royalty and was permitted to establish headquarters in a building already prepared in the Temple District.

Ten whole platoons of soldiers were immediately assigned to assist in the Inquisition and would follow High Inquisitor Brazen Bull without question as long as innocent lives were not being threatened.
    Currently Playing

25. - Top - End - #985
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    The Marut tilts its head at the goddess, gears audibly whirring in its frame. "My master says...that Law and reason are synonymous," it begins, "but he can see that thou does not agree. He says that Law is multifaceted; each of the gods in the Order must serve the Law in their own way. Thou believes that Law must be tempered by 'reason'; still, in doing so, thou would more likely serve Law and hinder Chaos, so he would still offer thee a place in the Order of Lawful Gods." The Marut pauses for a short moment for continuing. "Should thou still refuse, my master Kethneciel would hold no quarrel with thee; thy deeds are more Lawful than Chaotic, and the Law understands the concept of neutrality."
    Lylien stands there scratching her chin. She considers joining. But there are still some things that worry her.

"Mortals are inherently caothic creatures, they bring entropy, disorder, into the world. I would posit that our own existences are similarly caothic. I can understand that you or your master being made of animated metal have trouble understanding the point. While I won't advocate nihilism, as that would be self defeating, I would like to make the caothicness of our followers clear. I teach my followers to look at the fundamental laws of the universe, be them magical or phisical, and apply them through reason and understanding to achieve their goals. The mortal laws are of little concern as long as they allow such orderly study unrestrained. So... I'll most likely join your club. What are the rules?"

Ignus nods, "Zalsaram, being a form born of the destruction of Zalsar cannot come into being if Zalsar is restored... I think. Though, having pondered on the Cosmic Mother's words... it is possible that doing so would still be a bad thing." She reaches into the heart, and removes the hair, essence and all, reformed. She then offers the heart back to Eucle, whom apparently desires it's return. The hair she hands back to the God(dess?) of Love.
    Eucle takes back the offered heart.

"There was no need to destroy your work. It was good."

"Retort: No Evidence provided to prove that Divinity: Zalsar will be of sound mental condition. Assumptions aside, we know more of Divnity: Zalsaram and his intents. Fact is, we know little of Divinity: Zalsar and what he once was. As Divinity: Ignus said Lack of evidence is not evidence."

"Repetition: I calculate that we shall be taking a huge risk in allowing this to proceed."
    "Assumpiton: Statistically speaking risk can only be lesser than Zalsaram's. Statement: Zalsaram didn't posit much risk when alive. Clarification: Zalsaram was bound and restrained. Addendum: Not in Aegis purview to restrain potential resurrected Zalsar. Clarification: Not in anyone's purview to leave potential resurrected Zalsar unrestrained either."

He bows to the gathered gods and puts the heart in a small chest.

"I have more important matters to attend than to hear you prattle. My task here is done either way. I offered you aid. You didn't take it. I'm therefore not bound to be here. Pernieth old friend, whenever the punishment time comes for the one who accused me and mine of being a cultist make her pay double."

Dream Neutral Ground - Eucle, Yhrzallus

Eucle was dressed fully in white wearing the traditional funerary garbs of neutral ground. His clothing was illtimed, the vogue that had spawned them had long passed into obscurity. Not even the grel could reach such a time with their shared memory. For that traditional style had preceded not only them but the dream itself.

His empty hands rest against Yhrzallus forehead, the mad god eyes closed as if he was sleeping, resting. The archdaemon had been once within Yhrzallus dreams. He had taken some of them for himself when the maddened god rambled in a coma. None such echo remained. There was only silence where before there had been mirth, wisdom, and guile. The only creature in existence who the prosperity god could respect as an equal laid dead. The fates were unkind.

The god raised the dead's body, he let the mad's light weight fill him in a rather metaphorical sense. He started walking through the dream city. For all dreamers to see. For all dreamers to know. He who had guarded over madness was no more.

As he moved the daemon sang. His voice was at first a simple melody, draconic in language if not in prose. For one with no dreams memory suficed and Eucle's memories before Neutral Ground were faded with age yet sparkling as daylight. His language changed with the tune's tone. It became a complex amalgamation of languages, many were the first residents of the city and many had prayed in it's alleys and ways. There was unrestrained laughter and tears as he joyed over Yhrzallus own birth. A complex god befiting a complex city. His speed raised as the moon had raised before. The god's thoughts filled the dream as his voice did, as he complemented the song in the Grel telepathic network.

He brought Yhrzallus song and body all around the shared dream, letting all that followed know what had happened. But more importantly to let them honour him. To let them follow the dead god one last time. He walked deep and deeper within the dream his voice rising and fading with each note and step.

Finally he reached the center of the dream. Where in the material world his body still remained. That was the most inner expanse of the city. Here the rich information and dream tendrils connected from the material world and there to his body which while still being his had taken a proto conscience of its own. Here was the neural nexus. The center arround which everything spinned. And if he himself guarded the material end it was fair that the god that have given so much for the sake of neutrality was allowed to rest here.

The living deposited the dead. Then with the patience and care of an expert chirurgeon he linked the webway of spiritual paths connecting the dream city to the god's carcass just as his own material body was overtaken by roots.

Eucle's truest kin was gone but as long as the prosperity god could have a say he wouldn't be gone far. Linked now to himself through the city they shared the daemon was not alone. He wouldn't be.

As the god walked away illusions followed him a true regalia of kaleidoscopic madness undistilled and uncaped. Reality appearing changed with every step. Perception tricking and fooling only to be left hanging after he passed. Nothing was real except for when his own proximity made it so.

Haratago - Leh

The avatar reached inside a pouch, it was a small thing but as he drew it it grow bigger. A beating heart made of beaten gold. The design was intrincate and overly ornate his father having a flare for the teatrics. Still the thing had seen some fiddling and some influences to the piece were unknown to the avatar. Had his father hidden his own mark?

It didn't matter much. For if the heart was here the time was nill. The time had arrived. It was the moment of truth.

Leh raised the tetsubo and stepped forward.

Erebus - The Void - Clora, Zalsar's soul, Eucle

The god was still dressed in mourning clothes. Appropiate given the time. He stood in front of the undeath goddess. He came to her and rested a hand against her shoulder.

The World's Heart - Leh

Zalsaram's heart was fiery filled with ethanol and magma. Kryokoli's own heart was there too, much colder and adding a necessary counterpoint to the hotness. The Tetsubo in the avatar's hand raised it's own temperature reacting to the actual world heart's proximity.

It was time.

The golden heart was deposited between the frozen and the flaming heart. Spring and Autumn shifting fastly between heat and cold. Then Tetsubo in hand Leh proceded to perform the most brutal CPR ever to be performed.

Erebus - The Void - Clora, Zalsar's soul, Eucle

"It is time. Bring him back. Bring Zalsar back."

Spoiler: AP
    Show

Lylien 8 AP

3 AP Raise Divine Rank (Gain Portfolio (2 AP), Create Organization (2 AP))

1 PAP Moon (Knowledge is Power): Join Pantheon (Order of Lawful Gods): Understand the laws of Creation.

1 PAP GoS (Act Through Technology): Nourishment: Grel technology is statedly no longer magical (psionic), even if it replicates some effects that would otherwise be magical.

0 AP Teach Populace (Runic Stone): Grel can now tap into their shared consciousness for more than communication. The race shares memories as a whole.

0 AP Create Subrace (Scrolls of Purity): Begi, this tiny sized constructs, crafted by housing wraithwood seeds upon a Grel's cleaned skull, are adept at hiding and observing and they link to the goddess and the grel mental network allowing those linked with them to manifest clairvoyant sense through them as if they were a third eye of sense.

5 AP remaining

---

Eucle 16 AP

3 (1 AP) Nourishment: CPR! Ethanol and Magma flow through Zalsar's heart. The body is ready to live once more.

3 AP Create (Combat) Artifact: Illusory Mantle you can't trust your perceptions around the prosperity god, for that way lies madness.

10 AP remaining
    Last edited by thethird; 2015-07-09 at 11:11 AM.
    Thanks a lot Gengy for the awesome... just a sec... avatar. :)

26. - Top - End - #986
    Orc in the Playground

Aspect of Eucle, Althia, Lum'ohs - The world's Mouth

Althia responded. "We were here to give our mother a piece of that which she cannot approach. To aid in her preparations for that which you seek. We were also here so that she could reward her daughter for her loyalty. Is there something that you need?"

Clora, Zalsar's soul, Eucle - Erebus/The Void

Clora turned to her ally. "If there are no more preparations to be made, I will begin."

It would all come down to one simple question.

"Zalsar. That which lived before Zalsaram arose. Do you wish to return to life?"

27. - Top - End - #987
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Zalsaram's heart

While the divine magma pumped its way into Kryokoli's heart, little could they know that though separated, it still belonged to the goddess of Winter.

Spoiler
    Show

Kryokoli AP:6
    A6=6-3: Create Pestilence Artifact: Kryokoli's True Heart. It is the remnant of the Winter goddess' heart that yearns to once more become one with its true owner. Hidden well, it can only be detected by one who actively knows of it, and at this point, only the heart itself knows that.

28. - Top - End - #988
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

29. - Top - End - #989
    Troll in the Playground

Spine's Crossing, Stoixia

It was Hero Day in Spine's Crossing! Fireworks dotted the sky and the small halfling city was absolutely full of cheer, music, laughter and other festivities.

At the center of town in the Square, many a halfling worked with ropes and various bindings as they worked to erect a statue.

"Hey! Watch it now!"

"Bolli! The rope! The rope!"

"Nice and steady, laddies! We almost got it!"

Finally the statue was erected and when they removed the sack cloth veil, it was revealed to be a stone statue of Ulvin Silverblade....as a halfling.

Spoiler: Ulvin AP
    Show

+5AP Rollover
    -2AP Purchase Portfolio (Bravery)
    -3AP Purchase Domain: Halfling
    *1AP Create Strongheart Halflings
    *1AP Mould Land, Spine's Crossing
    *3AP Create Avatar, Ricardo Proudfoot

Last edited by Hatter; 2015-07-10 at 12:37 PM.
    Currently Playing

30. - Top - End - #990
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

The Apex Inquisition

Three vessels with Warforged Inquisitors sailed across the ocean from Pax Invictus lead by High Inquisitor Guided Cradle. Their destination was the Apex Sovereignty, a location calculated to be a hive of Heresy. Throughout the uneventful voyage, the method by which the Inquisition would approach this Empire, inform them that their nation has been accused of Heresy and that they were to submit themselves to a full and open investigation. Finally it was decided that the best approach would be a direct one. The Inquisition would make landfall on the Apex and make their demand.

And so it was that the Inquisition made landfall upon Sovereignty. And then all contact was lost with them.

After several months the doors leading to the room where the Grand Inquisition was in session slam open, as a half destroyed Guided Cradle limps his way back. He was wet, half his limbs where missing, and several large metal rods had been pinned into his body. Turns out that surprisingly, demanding the largest Empire to capitulate to a handful of Inquisitors did not work. The Warforged were slaughtered, their ships sunk and those who survived were taken to be tortured. Fortunately High Inquisitor Guided Cradle was nothing if tenacious as he managed to strangle the guards, escape from the prison, swim across the ocean and make his way back to Pax Invictus with his report.

His report was simple. The Apex Sovereignty refused to allow the Inquisition access in order to conduct its investigation. Ergo by harming the Inquisition, they have something to hide. Ergo their violent response is in itself proof of their guilt of Heresy.

This time, it would not be just three ships, but the entire assembled forces of Pax Invictus that would show what fate is in store for those found guilty of Heresy.

The Orcs

The Orcish march towards the South of Demiourgia had been slow. Many times the Orcs would stop for weeks at a time to pillage the areas, or fight amongst one another as the Grand Poo-Bah continued to add more and more Orcish clans under his banner. Eventually as they continue to move South, they see in the distance the city of Kealoha. Not exactly what they had in mind for a challenge, but a fight was a fight. The Grand Poo-Bah wanted to continue South and didn't care for what he considered a 'puny city', not when there was so much more to destroy and a bigger army to fight.

Yet there were still some Orcs who couldn't resist the temptation to attack such an easy picking of a city. Therefore breaking off from Burkek's horde, thousands of Orcs begin making their way towards Kealoha with the intentions to raze it to the ground and return to the Grand Poo-Bah with loot, food and glory. Already many of those orcs were thinking how they could topple Burkek.

The Cosmic Mother, Limbo

Isstus is about to retort, but as Eucle left, the god of Inquisition simply shrugs. It would not waste words on one who would not listen. Meanwhile the Cosmic Mother gives a deep sigh.

Spoiler
    Show

The Cosmic Mother AP12

AP9=12-3: Create Pestilence Utility Artifact: Rannes' Decree
    AP6=9-3: Create Pestilence Utility Artifact: Robin Silverbalde's Decree
    AP3=6-3: Create Pestilence Utility Artifact: Ulvin Silverblade's Decree

Use Oussia Charge: Nourishment on the Playground: Summer
    Use Phos Charge: Pestilence on the Underplayground: Winter.