New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 21363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 1481
  1. - Top - End - #1351
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation in the Playground (IC2)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunhaven View Post
    Eucle, Grenzo, Ignus - Plane of Fire
    Grenzo took it back and adjusted His flames once again, bonfires throughout Zalsaram briefly flaring with a green light before returning to normal. He then considered Ignus for a moment before slowly saying "I don't want to see you messing with MY followers again. You do and I won't stop with one brief flare, I will pummel you until you're a memory. Then I will let Eucle here have a turn. Then I will let whoever else, or more appropriately everyone since your antics aren't appreciated, wants a turn with My wife." Dictate made, the Green Sun nodded toward Eucle and returned to the Madhouse.
    As Grenzo leaves the prosperity god turns once again towards the renewal goddess, or elemental. He speaks this time.

"Now. You said that we are not enemies. In that you are wrong. You attempted to destroy all I stand for, bringing down technology, you seriously expected that to have no consequence? After I took pity on you and your daughter, after I built her a heart and that was refused, after I got her heart back. After that you attempt to reduce my life work to cinders? Now, I would rather much beat you to nothingness with my own fists and powers. But to the victor go the spoils, you can certainly request that I do not fight you."

He turns around and looks at the playground. He smiles. His gaze trails, somehow lost in the vastness of the world below. When he turns towards the goddess his visage is resolute, his eyes locked in a poisonous emerald shine.

"I won't fight you until your curse upon me is lifted. Until then I'll invest my power and my energy like you invested yours. Before I destroy your lifework, a certainly tiring prospect, would you pretty please lift the curse?"

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic Mind View Post
    Haratago - Lylien, Kraja

I do not believe you wish to be my information. I would drink it from your life until all was mine. Still, you speak truth. I will seek another. Are there servants of the gods on the Playground of whom you are aware? I will break their servants, and cast them into the Void. If Kraja is concerned about the guards, she does not show it.
    The goddess raises an eyebrow at her daughter comment. For an instant she would like to see her try, a fight would certainly allow her to pump some steam. To calm herself from her father's defeat.

"Look. I just gave you information in oral form that you accepted. Also as much as your personality can be charming you will be alone in a big world. Having allies and friends is a useful prospect."
    Thanks a lot Gengy for the awesome... just a sec... avatar. :)

2. - Top - End - #1352
    Ogre in the Playground

Bahoisian Forest

A bright flash of multicoloured sparks burst forth from the air with no warning. The air crackles and hisses in the wake of the chaos magic.

Young Ardron falls through the tear, landing gracefully on the ground for a moment before his legs collapse under him due to the exhaustion and strain brought on by his magic. While physically fatigued his spirit couldn't be higher.

An eager smile pushed its way through his exhaustion as he looks to the forest around him.

Having just escaped the guards at Eldarond without having to hurt any (only causing property damage) he now looks forth to his new journey and wonders what excitement and adventure awaits him ahead.

Noises in the distance call to his curiosity and he picks himself up and changes off into their direction.

3. - Top - End - #1353
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ralasha View Post
    The Burning Lands: Crocodile, Stone Ignus

The Stone Avatar of Ignus appears before the Crocodile, "Cease and desist." She points towards the Island of refuge, "The people on that island over there are far more tasty."
    Crocodile, Stone Ignus - Burning Lands

Crocodile releases a large flatus in leiu of a response and continues chewing on the leg of the air genasi he was enjoying. He barely tolerated Lion telling him what to do in Council meetings. He wasn't about to take it from a stranger.

Besides, this avatar was clearly impotent to actually back up its threat considering the weak lie it just told. The stone avatar has clearly never tasted mortal flesh at all much less sampled both genasi and Faithless flesh in order to be able to distinguish the nuances between the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

4. - Top - End - #1354
    Ettin in the Playground

Somara - Ulvin, Shog, Brain

Shog will put down the brain and it will explain why that happens. Shog sorry to say they are even more long-winded than Shog. Shog says.

The reason life is not as clear cut for divine beings is because we do not inherently follow the social contract. Most creatures needs many things food, water, shelter to sleep and the need to breed. It is easier to gather these things if they gather together. However, upon forming such a society they inherently agree to follow a set of rules. This is what is known as a social contract usually things like murder is bad and certain other social constructs are in these rules. A leader is generally selected to add to these rules. Everyone who lives in the society inherently agrees to live and follow the rules set out by the leader and the social contract. They may break the laws of the society but there is always punishments for it. Even most chaotic beings follow a form of the social contract because if they did not their society would inherently break down.

The problem is we as divine beings do not have needs we have wants. We do not have a true society and so we do not follow the social contract. The closest thing we have to law is the God of Law and to be completely honest with you and Shog they are bad at their job. Shog has not been here long but he has seen several assaults and was actually part of one to stop another assault on several deities who were murdering harmless but aggressive followers of another deity who were defending their home plus there has been no less than one murder during the time Shog has been alive. You know why not a single one of them will be investigated? It happened to deities people consider chaotic. Laws need to apply to all equally but the god of Law seems hostile to chaos. It might not bias him directly when making a ruling but I can't help but wonder if he ignores the going-ons that would harm those who follow chaos. Why else would all this fighting be so wide spread and nothing being done about it?
    The brain blubbed sitting there on the ground unmoving.

Spoiler
    Show

3 ap+3ap rollover=6ap
    1 law pap
    1 charge on the brain
    1 charge on the hub
    1 charge on nourishment brain
    1 charge on subrace brain.

charge on the Brain spent teaching the Brain Shoglings philosophy.
    charge on nourishment brain to hide the mini planets even more.
    charge on subrace brain to make the tiny template. A template that can be added to any race to make them incredibly small (Not just tiny but even smaller).

Last edited by Hamste; 2015-07-25 at 11:21 AM.

Spoiler: Giant in the Playground Hearthstone Champion
    Show

5. - Top - End - #1355
    Troll in the Playground

Ulvin could have stabbed himself in the ear with a rusted knife if he had one available as he listened to Brain's words.

"It was rhetorical." said Ulvin at the end of Brain's speech, giving both it and it's deity the -really?- look. "I disagree on your assessment of my Father. Kethneciel is Law. He is not Balance. He is not compromise. The Law is set in stone and does not abide by the whims of Chaos. It does not permit the Unruly to do as they want, when they want. It would see Chaos brought to it's knees and even perished from existence. Why should he care then that Chaotic creatures who refuse the Law are destroyed? He is not Good, nor is he Evil. He simply is the very concept of Law fiven form."
    Currently Playing
    Lord's of Creation-Titan's Return
    - Il-Na: God of Greed, Luck and Earth

6. - Top - End - #1356
    Ettin in the Playground

What do you call law that changes the penalties and rules depending on the person and is ruled by emotion? I call it chaos. True law should have defined penalties and be followed through with all not changing its boundaries and what it punishes with the person. If I somehow attacked someone for no reason other than being chaotic and assault is illegal what I did is unlawful no matter who I attacked. It should not be ignored because the judge does not like the person I attacked unless the law specifically says that class of person is not protected and if that person is not protected under the law why follow the law at all? After all if they can be attacked for no reason with out punishment they might as well do it themselves after all it is only a matter of time. Chaos does not mean a total disregard for all laws it means a belief that law might not be everything. It is possible for chaos to follow the law and still be chaotic. The brain blubs.

Show

7. - Top - End - #1357
    Bugbear in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Mardu Detachment #154 - Shores of Solars- Empyra

Empyra leaves the deck of the ship, flying above the goblin mechs so she could see all of them at once. She adresses all of them, irrespective of rank. "I thank you for your cooperation so far. To any of you who wish to serve me further, I ask of you this: head to Dark Grove, and be living examples of my teachings. I offer you the same proposal I did to my first followers- do this for two years time, and I will allow you to live in a land where the power that fuels the sun itself will fuel every aspect of your life. I will not force any of you to follow me. The choice is yours and yours alone. With that, I bid you goodnight. I hope to see you in two years from this day."

Empyra takes off into the sky, and resumes her silent guarding of Alabast.

8. - Top - End - #1358
    Troll in the Playground

Ulvin stares at the brain for moment before replying. "If a creature follows Law, then it is not Chaotic. If it creature follows Law at least to some extent, then it is Balanced in Neutrality at it's worst and Lawful at it's best."

Ulvin crosses his arms and leans against the wall. "Law is the absolute opposite of Chaos as Good is the absolute opposite of Evil. Law hunts down and forcefully converts Chaos to Law or simply destroys it, it is in active opposition to it just as Good is to Evil. Law does not mean -Fair- nor does it mean -Balance-....It is -Order- and -Process-...That which the forces of Chaos lack."

Ulvin smiles "You seem to be well versed in the concept of Law. Perhaps you should challenge Kethneciel to a debate. He would be more enlightening. I simply use Law as a means to do Good and maintain it."
    Currently Playing

9. - Top - End - #1359
    Troll in the Playground

The Burning Lands - Robin, Isstus, Lustria, Lion

Robin was the first to leave the Ice-Shelf Tundra and she sped towards the Burning Lands like a brilliant and flaming burning star before gently landing upon it's Northern coast, Fire and Light violently billowing about her person before finally settling down into a dull roar.

Her serpentine hair thrashed about and hissed in agitation as she peered about the area surrounding her. "Clever little Winter bitch."

Across the Playground and Underplayground

The fires snuffed out and died throughout the entireity of Zalsaram. Warmth disappeared from the world and all began to suffer. Robin felt it in her flight across the ocean and with a snarl she barked. "What kind of cruel and sadistic creature would sentence the whole of the world to death!?"

Throughout the Playground and the Underplayground, fires surged back to life once again. Warmth returned to hearth and home and all the places inbetween and lovers enjoyed each other's touch once again.

Spoiler: Robin AP
    Show

-1PAPAegis (Mortals must be protected) Nourishment: Fires flare back to life and warmth returns to all! Happy Summerday Folks!

Currently Playing

10. - Top - End - #1360
    Ettin in the Playground

Why do societies of chaotic creatures exist then? If they follow no laws then why do they have laws and leaders? It comes down to this, a being of chaos can do lawful actions if it is in their best interest just like an evil creature can do good acts if it is their best interest. If given the choice between being protected and restricted or being free and open to death many will give up their personal freedom to be safe. That is not being lawful or neutral that is being sane. Imagine for a second a person who every day actively subverts what rules they think they can, enjoys randomness and games of chance and when tasked with working with others rarely does what they are told to. However, they are meticulously conscientious to follow the laws of their society not because they want to but for fear of being punished. Is this person lawful? Is this person neutral? No and no, every one of the first suggests that they are chaotic, the only reason they follow the rules at all is because their quality of life would actively degrade if they didn't. Forcing someone to follow the laws does not make them lawful, they can still be chaotic. Now imagine a scenario where the chaotic person benefits not at all for following the laws of their society? Say it is completely legal to rob and hurt them but they would be punished if they did it themselves. Do you think they would follow the laws then? No, they would not. What could the punishment be that is worse than what the law already allows? If we want all to acknowledge law then law needs to be balanced or the forces of law need to out power those the law is unbalanced towards considerably or those the law ignores will simply stop listening.

I'm sure it would be interesting to talk to them but at the same time I would be actively distracting someone who is supposed to watch over all the law in the playground. What if they missed something actually important?
    The brain continues to blub.

Show

11. - Top - End - #1361
    Troll in the Playground

"My Father enjoys conversation more than he let's on." Ulvin said, he didn't care to continue the conversation on Law and Chaos with the Brain. It was clear that it did not understand. He wondered then, for a brief moment if it was an agent of Chaos but then pushed that thought aside as he moved over to his throne and resumed his seat.
    Currently Playing

12. - Top - End - #1362
    Ettin in the Playground

The Brain had already been preparing to continue to the debate when Ulvin stopped. It seemed a bit disappointed but then Shog picked it back up.

...so, humans learn anything interesting lately? The Shoglings have been learning some interesting new ways to make statues so they are even higher quality than before, philosophy of course and many new strategies both for their board games and war. Speaking of board games want to play one with Shog? Shog tired of always playing with brain shoglings and the Brain. The Brain wins most of the time and the brain shoglings don't want to win against Shog despite Shog assuring them it was ok. Shog says.
    Last edited by Hamste; 2015-07-25 at 01:52 PM.

Show

13. - Top - End - #1363
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Holy-hunter View Post
    Bahoisian Forest
    The forest is very much alive. Wraithwood trees look like tall birches, with pearlescent white wood that is warm and soft to the touch. Their leaves though were stronly colored in many hues some that were to be expected given the season, others that were natural, and finally more that were not seen in plant leaves anywhere else. Like jewels some iridiscent bettles shone on the tree barks. There were other bigger creatures too but they either kept to themselves on the tree tops or scurried away when they detected the godling's presence.

As Ardron moves towards the sound's source the forest shifts, whenever he is not looking a tree or a branch seems to move of it own's will. Navigating the forest never is an easy task. Of course the trees aren't actively malicious, nor fully awake, and stopping a god is beyond their power.

When the young escapee reaches the sound he springs into a perfectly circular clearing. Delimiting it there is a black obsidian circle, moss and lichen have grown over it, and the elements haven't been kind to it but it is clearly inscribed with runes. The sound's actual source comes from farther within the circle. There a campfire crakles and over it there are two spitted chuncks of indistinguishable meat. Besides the fire rest three houndlike creatures, a cross between a reptile and an insect. There are three grels there two, playing some card game without talking or making noise. Two wear armor, cast from wraithwood and giant bettle chitine, and the third is wearing only black pants leaving it's tattooed back exposed to the elements. There is a fourth grel and he is the one actually making the most noise. Standing over a kneeling mech that is still two heads taller than he is. The grel is touching the machine's chest that is apparently damaged with a coppery rod and as he does the wood soundly reknits itself.

14. - Top - End - #1364
    Troll in the Playground

"I'm not much of a game player, Shog." said Ulvin in response to Shog's offer. He really never was. Ulvin had always been about action. He had always placed himself in the very middle of conflicts. Being unable to walk the Playground irked him to no end but he knew that in the end, it was for the best and that now he could make greater impacts upon the Playground and the mortals in it.

Ulvin let out a sigh as he stared at the image which appeared before him, Ricardo sparring with 5 Vindicators and the halfling quickly handling them as if he was much larger than he actually was.
    Currently Playing

15. - Top - End - #1365
    Ogre in the Playground

Bahoisian Forest

The young gods eyes scan over the beasts and creatures, the food and the.... The food!
    A loud grumble rumbles in his stomach as he wipes the growing drool from the corner of his mouth.
    He was drawn to the fire like a moth to a flame, eyes affixed on the meat he stumbles into the opening.
    He scratches the back of his head as a small part of his occupied mind tries to think up some words.

"Uh, Hi guys!"
    Last edited by Holy-hunter; 2015-07-26 at 10:40 AM.

16. - Top - End - #1366
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Hatter View Post
    The Crystalline Palace - Robin, Isstus, Lustria, Lion, Cho'Zak
    Robin stared at Isstus, her grip firmly upon her spear and said "Lead on, Isstus. We will follow."

"Statement: If by returning to her roots, then it may be implied that Divinity: Kryokoli may have returned to her birthplace, as I calculate it highly unlikely that she would return to either her mother or father, as that would require a departure from the Playground."

"Observation: Divinity: Kryokoli constantly radiates the coldness of winter."

"Proposal: If we were to scan the temperature of the Burning Lands an anomaly such as a sudden drop may signify the whereabouts of Divinity:Kryokoli."

Spoiler
    Show

Kryokoli AP6
    AP5=6-1: Pestilence: Due to Kryokoli's nature, parts of the Burning Land experience sudden drops in temperature despite the fact that its summer, and may even experience snow.

"Statement: Lets move out."

The Burning Lands may be a place of eternal summer, but true to Isstus' calculation there were indeed areas where the temperature would drop. All it would require would be to locate the coldest spot in the land. It doesn't take the Retaliators too long to find what they were looking for in the center of the Burning Lands.

A lone cloaked figure seems to be waiting for the Retaliators as they arrive. Robin would recognize this woman as the one who almost bumped into her when she held the Cosmic Lantern at the Cosmic Mother's Temple in Mytea. It was the very same woman who had defeated and imprisoned her husband.

"So you have finally found me. I suppose this was inevitable.
    " says Kryokoli to the Retaliators, no longer attempting to hide from them anymore.

"Statement: You have been identified as Divinity: Kryokoli. Status: Culltist, Heretic and Fugitive."

"Ultimatum: You are to relinquish any weapons and surrender to us."

"And if I refuse?"

"Answer: Bloody constraint."

As soon as Isstus gives his reply, Kryokoli, having assessed the situation had decided that the once chance she had of victory against the assemble gods would be to strike at its weakest member. Perhaps some may consider it cowardly, but the goddess of Winter was outnumbered, and would take any opportunity if it meant increasing her chances of victory.

Wintertide, the cruel Scourge of the goddess of Winter which had brought low other gods in the past is extended and aims at Robin Silverblade.

Spoiler
    Show

KryokolAP5
    AP2= 5-3: Declare Combat on Robin Silverblade.

(7.5 natural CR, + 2 ({H}against Good) +1 {C} + 1.5 from 3 combat artifacts = 12

Round 1

(2d6)[2] +12

"Do not anger a bard...for you are silly, and would make for a funny song."

17. - Top - End - #1367
    Ettin in the Playground

Mardu Detachment #154 - Shores of Solars
    With an understanding reached, the Detachment moved back to help aid Lady Morningstar's efforts to help incorporate the blood of the Father and daughter. Thanks to technology and the fact the source changed, it took a surprisingly short amount of time before most goblins shifted from CE to NE, CN, or TN (if already CN or NE).

The Retaliators vs Kyrokoli - Center of the Burning Lands
    Without a pause to debate it, Lustria offered Her Lance in aid of Her comrade. When Robin struck, Lustria was there to charge forth with Her Lance. When Robin needed to be protected, Lustria was there to offer Her Helm and Armor to help soften the blow.

Spoiler: AP
    Show
    Grenzo: 16; Divinities, Sin; MIC (S)

Lustria: 6
    4=6-2: Aid Ally, granting +2.5 (or 4 if I can use the combat artifacts)

Hlo: 9; Moon, Sin PAP; Burning Tree Banner (Nourishment and Mold Land), L'mc, Zey'k Charges

18. - Top - End - #1368
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Isstus

The god of Inquisition is also fast and as ruthless as the goddess of Winter. It matters little to him that they are ganging up on a single woman. Its priority at this moment was to neutralize the Heretic. Unsheathing his executioner's axe he swings it at Kryokoli so that her aiming will be disrupted.

Spoiler
    Show

Isstus AP6
    AP4=6-2: Aid Robin. She gets another 2.5 for her roll.

19. - Top - End - #1369
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shmee View Post

"Statement: If by returning to her roots, then it may be implied that Divinity: Kryokoli may have returned to her birthplace, as I calculate it highly unlikely that she would return to either her mother or father, as that would require a departure from the Playground."

"Observation: Divinity: Kryokoli constantly radiates the coldness of winter."

"Proposal: If we were to scan the temperature of the Burning Lands an anomaly such as a sudden drop may signify the whereabouts of Divinity:Kryokoli."

Spoiler
    Show

Kryokoli AP6
    AP5=6-1: Pestilence: Due to Kryokoli's nature, parts of the Burning Land experience sudden drops in temperature despite the fact that its summer, and may even experience snow.

"Statement: Lets move out."

The Burning Lands may be a place of eternal summer, but true to Isstus' calculation there were indeed areas where the temperature would drop. All it would require would be to locate the coldest spot in the land. It doesn't take the Retaliators too long to find what they were looking for in the center of the Burning Lands.

A lone cloaked figure seems to be waiting for the Retaliators as they arrive. Robin would recognize this woman as the one who almost bumped into her when she held the Cosmic Lantern at the Cosmic Mother's Temple in Mytea. It was the very same woman who had defeated and imprisoned her husband.

"So you have finally found me. I suppose this was inevitable.
    " says Kryokoli to the Retaliators, no longer attempting to hide from them anymore.

"Statement: You have been identified as Divinity: Kryokoli. Status: Culltist, Heretic and Fugitive."

"Ultimatum: You are to relinquish any weapons and surrender to us."

"And if I refuse?"

"Answer: Bloody constraint."

As soon as Isstus gives his reply, Kryokoli, having assessed the situation had decided that the once chance she had of victory against the assemble gods would be to strike at its weakest member. Perhaps some may consider it cowardly, but the goddess of Winter was outnumbered, and would take any opportunity if it meant increasing her chances of victory.

Wintertide, the cruel Scourge of the goddess of Winter which had brought low other gods in the past is extended and aims at Robin Silverblade.

Spoiler
    Show

KryokolAP5
    AP2= 5-3: Declare Combat on Robin Silverblade.

(7.5 natural CR, + 2 ({H}against Good) +1 {C} + 1.5 from 3 combat artifacts = 12

Round 1

[roll0] +12

Quote Originally Posted by Gunhaven View Post
    Mardu Detachment #154 - Shores of Solars
    With an understanding reached, the Detachment moved back to help aid Lady Morningstar's efforts to help incorporate the blood of the Father and daughter. Thanks to technology and the fact the source changed, it took a surprisingly short amount of time before most goblins shifted from CE to NE, CN, or TN (if already CN or NE).

The Retaliators vs Kyrokoli - Center of the Burning Lands
    Without a pause to debate it, Lustria offered Her Lance in aid of Her comrade. When Robin struck, Lustria was there to charge forth with Her Lance. When Robin needed to be protected, Lustria was there to offer Her Helm and Armor to help soften the blow.

Show
    Grenzo: 16; Divinities, Sin; MIC (S)

Lustria: 6
    4=6-2: Aid Ally, granting +2.5 (or 4 if I can use the combat artifacts)

Hlo: 9; Moon, Sin PAP; Burning Tree Banner (Nourishment and Mold Land), L'mc, Zey'k Charges
    Isstus

The god of Inquisition is also fast and as ruthless as the goddess of Winter. It matters little to him that they are ganging up on a single woman. Its priority at this moment was to neutralize the Heretic. Unsheathing his executioner's axe he swings it at Kryokoli so that her aiming will be disrupted.

Spoiler
    Show

Isstus AP6
    AP4=6-2: Aid Robin. She gets another 2.5 for her roll.
    Lion and Spider - Burning Lands

Lion loped with his pride to the Burning Lands, bringing Spider along with him. As the fight broke out and Kryokoli struck at Robin, Lion leapt to strike at Kryokoli's back while Spider wove silken shields to protect Robin.

Spoiler
    Show
    Tetlacochininervianl's 2 {A} actions go towards Robin's end of this fight as well.
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

20. - Top - End - #1370
    Troll in the Playground

Burning Lands - The Retaliators vs. Kyrokoli

Robin surged with the power of her allies, drawing strength from the very fibers of the Burning Lands, trees wilted, grass simply disintigrated, the earth burned with such a fire that these lands have never seen before.

The goddess had no words, no taunts, she felt combat coming for her and she was ready. She lashed out with her spear in an upward arc and knocked the vile scourge away and with the speed of a shooting star, she crashed into Kyrokoli with a resounding crack as bones shattered under the impact and the Fire Goddess grabbed hold of Kyrokoli's face before tossing her down to the earth with a sickening thud, ash and rock billowing about from the impact.

Robin hovered high above Kyrokoli, blazing like a new-born star. She raised her spear up into the sky and began to chant in a calm and haunting voice, fire and light gathering at the tip of her spear. "Inflamma rava naji thami maka rana dora mo vahnii..."

Show

Free Mould Land - The Burning Lands turn to ash and stone. Smoke and cinders still lit and burning hundreds of years later.

Last edited by Hatter; 2015-07-26 at 01:32 PM.
    Currently Playing

21. - Top - End - #1371
    Ettin in the Playground

Oussia- Kethneciel, Cassandra

And so Cassandra told him.
    Spoiler: Secrets
    Show
    Pernieth seeks to restore balance to the Playground and the cosmos by taming the raging fires. Both of them. He means to put an end to goblin dominance over the Playground as well. The goblin's virility and breeding patterns have thrown the balance of life and death out of harmony. That balance must be restored.

Will you help us?

Haratago - Lylien, Kraja

Kraja stares at Lylien for a time, as if looking into, and through, her. Kraja cannot smile, for she has no face with which to make expressions, but Lylien can feel satisfaction roiling off of Kraja like a wave. The younger goddess raises her massive sword. "I can feel your lust for battle. Sate it. Teach me how gods fight." Without another word, she rushes the other goddess, sword smashing down.

Show
    12=15-3: Declare Divine Combat - Lylien.
    Round 1: (2d6)[9] + 10.5 = [19.5]
    Last edited by Toxic Mind; 2015-07-26 at 01:36 PM.

Marcus Caius, Astropath Trancendent by TheArchitect

22. - Top - End - #1372
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Kryokoli

As the goddess of Winter is sent smashing down onto the earth, the impact causes an explosion the form of an arctic storm which causes the center of the Burning Lands to freeze over permanently and form the Arctic Wasteland at the crater where Kryokoli fell.

Spoiler
    Show

Use Free Mold Land from Round 1: Create the Arctic Wasteland in the center of the Burning Land. It stands in stark contrast and is completely surrounded by the land of Ash and Stone.

While Robin begins to shine like a star, the winter storm becomes so thick that it blots out the light from Oussia, as Kryokoli becomes one with the storm in the exact same move which she used to defeat Ulvin Silverblade at the battle of Godsfought.

Spoiler
    Show

Round 2

I rolled a 20.

Last edited by Shmee; 2015-07-26 at 01:47 PM.

23. - Top - End - #1373
    Troll in the Playground

The Burning Lands - Retaliators vs. Kyrokoli

Robin finished her chant and a great meteor storm fell down from the heavens. It crashed down at the center of Kyrokoli's Ice-Storm, causing the frozen earth to violent sink and surge in massive craters.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show

Free Mould Land - The Arctic Center of the Burning Lands is now covered in a series of large craters.

Last edited by Hatter; 2015-07-26 at 02:06 PM.
    Currently Playing

24. - Top - End - #1374
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Kryokoli

As the meteor storm clashes with the snow storm, Kryokoli materializes behind Robin from within the storm and strikes a blow to the Summer goddess' back, which sends her crashing into the land below. The blow was so savage, that the Burning Lands cracks forming thirteen deep ravens, whose focal point is in the center of Robin's landing, and travels all the way to the Ocean.

Spoiler
    Show

Round 2 Free Action:
    Mold land: From the center of the Burning Lands, there are now 13 deep ravines which travel across the lands all the way to the Ocean.

Landing next to Robin, Kryokoli raises Wintertide once more "I never gave you a proper wedding gift. Forgive my failing. I shall ensure that your corpse is delivered to your Husband." says the goddess of Winter as she swings it down with the intent to finish off the goddess of Summer.

Spoiler
    Show

Final Round:

(2d6)[7] +12

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #1375
    Orc in the Playground

Rannes - The Adventurer's Guild

Reports came in of strange cold sports in the burning lands. Rannes, mostly out of curiosity, warped to the area. She saw Kryokoli and Robin in battle. She gave what she could to protect the god that had given her the deific power she now had.

Spoiler: {A}
    Show
    Robin gets a +1 from Rannes' one {A}
    Last edited by smashingBrawler; 2015-07-26 at 02:31 PM.

26. - Top - End - #1376
    Troll in the Playground

Robin deftly dodged the scourge's strike before deliving a swift kick to Kyrokoli's chin. The Winter Goddess went sailing backwards and Robin quickly hopped on he back as she soared through the air and firmly grabbed hold of the goddess' throat. "Vish vamiir."

Fire and flame roared to life, surging across the Burning Lands, leaving behind a permanant and harsh dry wind as the flames coalesced around Kyrokoli and pushed against her very nature.

Fire burned and pain would race through the Winter Goddess' flesh and condensed her into a small palm-sized crystal, unable to move or escape.

Robin held the ice-crystal up to her burning eyes and whispered. "You talk too much. I hope you enjoy the fate you consigned my husband to."

With a swift movement of her hand, she tossed the crystal down to the God of Inquisition. A smirk of pure satisfication crossing her face.

Show

Free Pestilence: A dry harsh wind now blankets the Burning Lands.

Last edited by Hatter; 2015-07-26 at 02:37 PM.
    Currently Playing

27. - Top - End - #1377
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Holy-hunter View Post
    Bahoisian Forest
    As the unarmored grel reaches for a red baton, that starts sheding light like an iron that's been too long at the flames when he takes a hold of it, one of the armored ones takes a long flat rectangular rifle. The three hounds start moving towards the stranger, sniffing soundly. The grel with the poncho starts beating the mech and turns around. The grel stay there silently. Gauging the stranger.

It is the one that hasn't reached for a weapon that speaks. His voice is accented, but calm. While he speaks he reaches for his companion rifle and pushes it aside, so it no longer points at the godling.

"What'cha name is lil brutha? What'cha wanna do in da camp?"

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic Mind View Post
    Haratago - Lylien, Kraja
    As the blow is about to hit her the goddess raises her hand and lowers it slapping the air in front of her. Behind her the giant mech, standing high over the forest and higher than a mountain would even when seated, did so. The blow rang on the air as it came, so fast for something so massive. A giant hand, it's smallest finger bigger than Kraja or Lylien's grel form. It simply swats them both, like minute insolent flies. But while the mech goddess is subsummed into the giant form, wraithwood parting to allow hem to pass through, Kraja simply feels the full weight and body mass. The ground cracking under the full blow reverberating in the connected playground. Meanwhile Lylien appears at the mech's command center.

Mater...

One of the adjutants is clearly worried and concerned. His thoughts rushed and troubled. The goddess reads her mind in an instant through the grel network.

Your allies are in need of help, mater.

I know child. I'll do something about it.

She inserts her arm into the mech's comanding core and pushes some of her essence towards Robin.

Mechanical wraithwood armor from which several small flying stingrays shift and swirl forms around Robin.

Spoiler
    Show
    Lylien is {A}iding her fellow guardian of stoxia Robin with +4.

On her combat against Kraja: (2d6+20)[27] 10 DR + 10 Paradigm.

Free Mold Land Action: Some parts of the Bahosian forest break and raise themselves into the air, like flying islands from avatar.

28. - Top - End - #1378
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Kryokoli

A scream is heard throughout the Playground as the goddess of Winter is caught inside a small crystal. The echo of her voice would cause future Winters upon the Burning Lands to be much harsher than anywhere else on the Playground. She was finally caught by the combined might of an entire Pantheon to stop her. However, unlike the Older gods who had allowed her to escape from within their grasp, the Retaliators had no intentions of repeating the mistake of their so called "betters."

Isstus walks up to Robin and claps a mechanical hand on her shoulder

"Observation: Congratulations are in order Divinity: Robin Silverblade. You have defeated the Heretic."

The god of Inquisition looks at the crystal that Robin is holding

"Statement: We must ensure that the Heretic be kept from escaping again, while at the same time ensuring that her status as prisoner is not compromised by the bickering of the Older Divinities due to their agendas. Then we can take our time to interrogate her."

"Proposition: We shall construct a maximum security prison, where we can contain not only Divinity: Kryokoli, but also any whom we calculate to pose a threat to the security of the Playground. It may also act as the Headquarters of the Retaliators where we can coordinate our actions in order to ensure maximum efficency when dealing with any future crisis."

Query: Will you assist me in this endeavor?"

Spoiler
    Show

Round 3 Free Action: Pestilence: Particular Nasty Winters upon the Burning Lands when ever its winter.

29. - Top - End - #1379
    Ettin in the Playground

You should try it. It help Shoglings learn tactics and relax. You would surprised just how much you can learn. Every move has a purpose, how taking out the brain of an empire can result in a win even when behind and how to change strategies mid fight, all lessons Shog learned while playing the Brain. Only thing better is hunting. Shog says. The Brain just continues to just sit there.

Show

30. - Top - End - #1380
    Titan in the Playground

Robin deftly dodged the scourge's strike before deliving a swift kick to Kyrokoli's chin. The Winter Goddess went sailing backwards and Robin quickly hopped on he back as she soared through the air and firmly grabbed hold of the goddess' throat. "Vish vamiir."

Fire and flame roared to life, surging across the Burning Lands, leaving behind a permanant and harsh dry wind as the flames coalesced around Kyrokoli and pushed against her very nature.

Fire burned and pain would race through the Winter Goddess' flesh and condensed her into a small palm-sized crystal, unable to move or escape.

Robin held the ice-crystal up to her burning eyes and whispered. "You talk too much. I hope you enjoy the fate you consigned my husband to."

With a swift movement of her hand, she tossed the crystal down to the God of Inquisition. A smirk of pure satisfication crossing her face.

Show

Free Pestilence: A dry harsh wind now blankets the Burning Lands.

Crocodile, Stone Avatar of Ignus - Burning Lands

As divine combat rages in another part of the Burning Lands and devastates the climate here, Crocodile decides that this place is no longer a very fun place to dine and in fact the pickings are getting slim. He turns his back to the avatar he has ignored and begins to wallow away.

"I'll return to eat again later when this place isn't so noisy. The ambiance has really deteriorated."

Spoiler
    Show
    Congrats, y'all you've spoiled Crocodile's dinner and thrown off his appetite. Shame on you!

Kryokoli

A scream is heard throughout the Playground as the goddess of Winter is caught inside a small crystal. The echo of her voice would cause future Winters upon the Burning Lands to be much harsher than anywhere else on the Playground. She was finally caught by the combined might of an entire Pantheon to stop her. However, unlike the Older gods who had allowed her to escape from within their grasp, the Retaliators had no intentions of repeating the mistake of their so called "betters."

Isstus walks up to Robin and claps a mechanical hand on her shoulder

"Observation: Congratulations are in order Divinity: Robin Silverblade. You have defeated the Heretic."

The god of Inquisition looks at the crystal that Robin is holding

"Statement: We must ensure that the Heretic be kept from escaping again, while at the same time ensuring that her status as prisoner is not compromised by the bickering of the Older Divinities due to their agendas. Then we can take our time to interrogate her."

"Proposition: We shall construct a maximum security prison, where we can contain not only Divinity: Kryokoli, but also any whom we calculate to pose a threat to the security of the Playground. It may also act as the Headquarters of the Retaliators where we can coordinate our actions in order to ensure maximum efficency when dealing with any future crisis."

Query: Will you assist me in this endeavor?"

Spoiler
    Show

Round 3 Free Action: Pestilence: Particular Nasty Winters upon the Burning Lands when ever its winter.

Lion and Spider, the Retaliators - Burning Lands

His duties completed, Lion will return to Chaqua. However, Spider will stick around, as she has some ideas about how to contribute to a prison designed to hold powerful people. "I volunteer myself to be the warden of this prison to ensure no mortal disrupts this prison we will create."