New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 223738394041424344454647
Results 1,381 to 1,397 of 1397
  1. - Top - End - #1381
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Default Re: Aegis Tristalt In-Character Mk. II

Sepulchrus is called into the center of the electricity ring, arcs of lightning stream up his body as the beam of energy from the Holy Star strikes him in the chest. You make your statement.

He stands there, his facial expression revealing his bewilderment. Though you can smell the burning of rotted flesh from the electricity and the Holy Star, he appears to be successfully Paralyzed, despite his Undead Immunity to the condition. He responds through thought over the Collective.

"What is this? Why are you attacking me? I thought we were on the same side. Dispel your magics and let's talk this through like rational beings."

The temperature of the air is rapidly dropping, and you notice that your electricity wall is quickly being reduced in power, though despite your attacks, Sepulchrus doesn't appear to intend to engage you in combat. Your keen ability to interpret the intention of others and Sense Motives supports this.

Spoiler: Sepulchrus condition
    Show
    It's surprisingly difficult to determine how injured he is. It appears the damage from the Holy Star and electricity wasn't insignificant, but it was a far cry from a fatal blow.
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2019-05-08 at 06:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwarforged View Post
    You sir are a True Pirate Lord.

2. - Top - End - #1382
    Ogre in the Playground

"You don't get it. We know that the Potentia are sufficient to stop Tyrannus, and the completed Iuramentum leads to even greater power still. You want to gamble on what little power those abominations can provide?" Sahael turns to dripping sarcasm. "I mean, all you have to do is bond yourself to something beyond comprehension, which doesn't even have the courtesy to obey the damn laws of reality. Potentially having your soul turned inside out and twisted into a knot doesn't sound like that great of a risk, does it? Maybe it will even let you visit where it came from, which was a real beneficial experience for Mento." He turns serious again. "You can't even see that you are the one acting irrationally. Your marbles are already being lost, and so, we have to take this harsh approach. That thing WILL be destroyed, whether or not you are still attached to it. Be glad that we're giving you a chance to be saved, instead of snuffing you out in an instant."

He continues to stand there menacingly, his withering gaze compelling inaction from the frying undead.

(2d6)[6] electrical damage, DC 31 Reflex Save for half.

Intimidate (1d20+55)[61] to paralyze for 1 round.

3. - Top - End - #1383
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

"Why don't you dismiss that freezing aura of yours first?" Renia suggests... but it's pretty obvious how likely she thinks that is to happen, since she segues directly into her Riven Hourglass stance, and begins throwing magic at him.

Spoiler
    Show

Renia's dipping into her time pool to prepare her new Polar Ray, then throwing that and her split scorching ray at Sepulchrus.

"Polar Ray Attack (ranged touch)" - (1d20+14)[22]
    "Polar Ray Damage (switched to Sonic)" - (16d6)[58]

"Scorching Ray #1 Attack Roll" - (1d20+14)[19]
    "Scorching Ray #1 Damage Roll" - (4d6)[17]
    "Scorching Ray #2 Attack Roll" - (1d20+14)[17]
    "Scorching Ray #2 Damage Roll" - (4d6)[12]
    "Scorching Ray #3 Attack Roll" - (1d20+14)[21]
    "Scorching Ray #3 Damage Roll" - (4d6)[15]
    "Scorching Ray #4 Attack Roll" - (1d20+14)[21]
    "Scorching Ray #4 Damage Roll" - (4d6)[13]

If Sepulchrus counts as evil, half of all the damage above will be Divine damage instead of elemental.
    Last edited by whoiam; 2019-06-16 at 07:09 PM.

4. - Top - End - #1384
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

You blast Spelchrus with the might of your magics, but you immediately note that the power of them is substantially reduced as runic snowflakes appear in the air.

"So, when asked to talk like rational beings, your response is 'lower your defenses so we can kill you more easily'? You're insane!" he mentally screams in frustration and fear.

The frost aura rapidly chills the room. Fort save DC 52 to avoid being encased in a block of ice.

Sepulchrus chooses to fail his save and encases himself in ice.

Spoiler: Sepulchrus' condition
    Show
    After Renia's onslaught, it's obvious he's quite hurt. Even at half damage (due to the magical ice aura dampening magic), you landed over 75 points of damage on him.
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2019-06-22 at 07:16 PM.

5. - Top - End - #1385
    Ogre in the Playground

Fort (1d20+41)[45]

To the party: "Wasn't expecting you to escalate, but I can work with this."

6. - Top - End - #1386
    Ogre in the Playground

While Sahael could potentially just burrow out of the ice, it being much softer than 8 Hardness, he instead opts for the dramatic. He enters Nightmare Form and then unleashes a full attack against the ice.

Bite 1 for (5d8+5)[34]

Bite 2 for (5d8+5)[27]

Claw 1 for (6d6+5)[27]

Claw 2 for (6d6+5)[27]

To the party, and Sepulchrus: "This IS your opportunity to talk this through, though I doubt you could ever convince us this objectively bad idea was a good one, and you're squandering your time. I was going to let the lightning slow-cook you, but I can't stop Renia from Turning you to dust right this instant. Either say something profound, reject that THING, or make peace with your gods."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I assume he has cover from the Energy Wall, so I'm not rolling damage. Sahael is no longer concentrating but it will persist longer than the fight will last.

7. - Top - End - #1387
    Ogre in the Playground

Trasil's eyes widen as he freezes over. This was all kinda going to hell. But for now, this was a problem of communication (Sahael's specialty), not beating things to a pulp (Trasil's specialty). Hopefully Sahael would be able to work a way out of this mess.
    Extended Signature

Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show

Trasil, Magus 15//Fighter 12/Ab. Champ 3//Spellsword 10/Factotum 4/LA (Kreshen) 1, Game: Aegis Tristalt
    Potentia Abilities: Sword (Sahael), Clock (Renia)
    Current Buffs Spreadsheet
    Other Abilities: Manifest Body, Teleport abilities

Soulsteel, Aegis 10//Soulknife 10//Mythic (Mutant) 10//Vigilante (Exposed Vigilante) 10, Game: London Extranatural Guild

Tara, Spellthief 2, a noncaster in disguise! Game: Academy Living

8. - Top - End - #1388
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Sahael bursts out of the ice, though it seems much more taxing to maintain your nightmare form in this aura of magic-dampening cold.

Sepulchrus: "Wait! How is this an objectively bad idea? Because of this, I was able to locate Mento. We may be able to save him with this power! But I doubt it's possible if you destroy me.

Spoiler: Sense Motive DC 42
    Show
    He was indeed able to locate Mento, but there's more to this story. It's unclear if he's hiding something critical or if he just hasn't had time to tell you everything, he is desperate to prevent his imminent destruction.

Spoiler: DC 52
    Show
    He's legitimately confused and alarmed by your attack, and is desperate to not be destroyed. Though he's holding something important about this back.
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2019-07-29 at 05:21 PM.

9. - Top - End - #1389
    Ogre in the Playground

Sahael expends a Precognitive Edge for a +4 Sense Motive, allowing him to automatically succeed.

10. - Top - End - #1390
    Ogre in the Playground

Actually rolling because there were multiple layers to the spoiler (1d20+42)[58]

11. - Top - End - #1391
    Ogre in the Playground

Sahael exits Nightmare Form. "Oh gods, why does everything have to be so complicated?"

He pulls out his Wand of Sending and fires off a message to Cognitus, saying it out loud as a helpful summary for Veritas under the assumption that she is not eavesdropping on their telepathy.

"Sepulchrus located Mento. Maybe able to save him. Not lying, though holding back something important. Plausible? Thought retroactive time god favor necessary for soul untwisting."

With that out of the way, he sternly points at Sepulchrus. "Why didn't you open with that? That earned you the only iota of leniency you're going to get. Do not do ANYTHING other than explain yourself, until we've decided what to do about this."

12. - Top - End - #1392
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Cognitus returns "The Sending was scrambled; I didn't understand. If you can hear, I'm free of the ice. Sepulchrus is gone, whereabouts unknown. I will try again."

Sepulchrus mentally screams. It's a long drawn out scream of frustration lasting several seconds, he refreezes over and his ice cocoon increases in size, expanding several feet in multiple directions and while you notice the room remains unnaturally frigid, the snowflake runes are no longer materializing, instead the ice cocoon begins to exhibit frosted patterns of the glyphs, your magical abilities seem to be functioning at full capacity again.

"You forcibly drag me here, attack me without provocation, and ask why I didn't lead with this? Can't you see!? You're the true monsters!" after the briefest moment's pause in the calm and collected coolness more typical with what you know of the Necropolitan, he continues: Mento was right from the beginning, you must be stopped before your insanity dooms the world.

Sepulchrus has left the Collective.

You receive a new Sending from Cognitus: "The Sending was scrambled; I didn't understand. If you can hear, I'm free of the ice. Sepulchrus is gone, whereabouts unknown. Please respond if urgent." - you can send back 25 words now.

13. - Top - End - #1393
    Ogre in the Playground

"No provocation!? You think that I, of all people, couldn't read you like a book when you contacted us? It was obvious that something was wrong with you, and Cognitus confirmed that you were an enemy to the cause. You would've attacked us too if we'd given you the chance. As much as it pains me to say it, you can't be allowed to unlive. When everything is settled, perhaps we will properly resurrect you. By then you will pose no threat, and I can repair your sanity by force."

Sahael reaches over to Trasil with his Huge-sized burrowing claws, scrapes most of the ice off of him, and gives him a fist bump before going back to his fighting stance.

"Veritas, please end this."

14. - Top - End - #1394
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

As Sahael claws the ice off of Trasil, he notes that it becomes progressively easier and easier to do so.

The ice block encapsulated Sepulchrus glows momentarily with a strange arcane glyph and stops. Your discerning command of spellcraft allow you to recognize the glyph as a Conjuration (Teleportation) effect, but it's exact function is unclear, there are elements of the magic that are exceedingly unusual with traces of Far Realms influence.

Warmth washes over you once again, emanating from the luminous radiating magma veins within the walls of the chamber. The ice begins to melt and the water begins to evaporate; soon this room will be a sauna.

Trasil is now free to move.

Veritas doesn't appear to take any action.

15. - Top - End - #1395
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Regarding attacking ice vs Sepulchrus
    Show
    I reckon that Omnibane and the extra damage from Holy and the Lesser Truedeath Crystal won't work on the ice, as it is a separate object acting as cover. So a lot of the rolls are conditional and don't count until I bust through.

With his 15 ft reach, Sahael lashes out at Sepulchrus and his icy shell.

Holy Star ranged touch(1d20+19)[36] +2 Omnibane for (10d6)[35] fire + (2d6+2)[10] fire Omnibane

Bite 1 (1d20+22)[37] +2 Omnibane for (5d8+3)[25] + (2d6+2)[13] OmniBane +(1d6)[1] vs Undead + (2d6)[3] Holy

Bite 2 (1d20+22)[34] +2 Omnibane for (5d8+3)[33] + (2d6+2)[10] OmniBane +(1d6)[2] vs Undead + (2d6)[4] Holy

Claw 1 (1d20+17)[27] +2 Omnibane for (6d6+3)[28] + (2d6+2)[14] OmniBane +(1d6)[6] vs Undead + (2d6)[6] Holy

Claw 2 (1d20+17)[22] +2 Omnibane for (6d6+3)[22] + (2d6+2)[8] OmniBane +(1d6)[1] vs Undead + (2d6)[9] Holy

He then uses the Reposition Strategy, granting everyone in his Collective an immediate extra 5-ft step. He steps to the side and unleashes the resulting extra full-attack.

Bite 1 (1d20+22)[24] +2 Omnibane for (5d8+3)[27] + (2d6+2)[9] OmniBane +(1d6)[1] vs Undead + (2d6)[11] Holy

Bite 2 (1d20+22)[41] +2 Omnibane for (5d8+3)[31] + (2d6+2)[9] OmniBane +(1d6)[1] vs Undead + (2d6)[7] Holy

Claw 1 (1d20+17)[18] +2 Omnibane for (6d6+3)[21] + (2d6+2)[9] OmniBane +(1d6)[2] vs Undead + (2d6)[4] Holy

Claw 2 (1d20+17)[20] +2 Omnibane for (6d6+3)[32] + (2d6+2)[12] OmniBane +(1d6)[2] vs Undead + (2d6)[9] Holy

Free Demoralize attempt on the first hit that makes it to the actual target (1d20+56)[68] +2 vs Evil for 1 round of Paralysis.

If anything is left of the enemy, then he encourages the party. "Well, it's somebody's time to shine!"

16. - Top - End - #1396
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Sahael smashes the ice cocoon to find a Sepulchrus shaped cavity hidden within, but no Sepulchrus.

17. - Top - End - #1397
    Ogre in the Playground

If any sort of teleportation occurred, Sahael might have detected it as it was occurring with Divert Teleport, depending on anti-magic shenanigans. The range on that would be 260 ft before any reductions. If it works, he would have attempted to divert the teleport to a spot in reach of himself and Trasil, as an Immediate Action. Will Save DC 33 to negate the diversion, and here's a Manifester Level check vs Spell/Power Resistance (1d20+19)[23]

Everyone in the Collective has the same capability, so we can tip the odds further in our favor if the dice are unkind.