Page 8 of 47 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 240 of 1386
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Troll in the Playground
     
    NinjaGirl

    Join Date
    Mar 2011

    Default Re: Aegis Tristalt In-Character Mk. II

    Kasha

    That's the spirit!

  2. - Top - End - #212
    Troll in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Aegis Tristalt In-Character Mk. II

    For the first time during this exchange, a smile emerges on Rory's face.

    "We're in agreement then. I will provide Mento's location, and you will kill or capture both Cirka Ordo and her father. If they are captured, you will deliver them to me. Since I know you are a woman of your word, Renia, I'll give you this information in good faith, and I would strongly advise you not betray my trust in this matter.

    Ordo has moved Mento to his most readily fortified location; the coliseum grounds. It's possible he's tormenting Mento to get information about you, but the last one of my eyes reported, Ordo simply had Mento in a box on the coliseum grounds with his personal guard. I've not received any indication they've moved from the location."


    She turns her attention away briefly and calls out:

    "Tribinus!" one of her guards wearing markings of his high rank enters the room and quickly snaps to attention, responding "Yes, ma'am?"
    "Round up the guard, divide them into teams, one to the Ordo Manner, one to the remains of the wreckage of Ordo's subterranean structure, one to the Ordo's safehouse, and if these adventurers wish to be accompanied, designate a team to go with them as well. Round up all of Ordo's servants, capture them alive, if possible do not harm them, we just want to keep them out of the way."

    Tribinus turns toward your team briefly, quickly eyeing you over, his expert gaze noting the posture of each of individual and the plethora of powerful equipment. "If you wish to be accompanied I will assign a team, though I suspect they may merely get in your way."

    The Necropolitan chimes in telepathically "It wouldn't hurt to have some fodder for Ordo's monstrous pets to chew on while we handle him and his personal guard."
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwarforged View Post
    You sir are a True Pirate Lord.

  3. - Top - End - #213
    Troll in the Playground
     
    NinjaGirl

    Join Date
    Mar 2011

    Default Re: Aegis Tristalt In-Character Mk. II

    Kasha

    I agree. I'm sure they will be quite helpful.

  4. - Top - End - #214
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    England

    Default Re: Aegis Tristalt In-Character Mk. II

    "You don't trust her in this, do you?" Renia hadn't succeeded on - or even attempted - a Sense Motive check vs Rory. But then, she'd known before the meeting started that if the Ordo Family's death was necessary to get the troops they needed in a timely fashion, then that's exactly what she'd agree to. Of course, she'd still try to avoid it, but it's important to know going in just how far you're willing to stoop...

    "...You're probably right, but the price for getting troops off the Duke is likely even worse - as would be the loss of life if we just cut loose in the middle of the city. Still, if it makes you feel any better, if we lose she'll be better off dead, and if we win, we ought to be able to afford enough diamonds to use a scroll of True Resurrection on her..."

    At this rate, Renia was going to spend a century after the world was saved paying back the debts and obligations she'd amassed while saving it...

  5. - Top - End - #215
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Missouri, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Aegis Tristalt In-Character Mk. II

    "I don't know, which is unfortunately the way it needs to be. I can't reconcile my thoughts with this situation, so the only way to take decisive action is to stop thinking and remain undecided. I can only hope that fate will provide an opportunity to avoid the dilemma, or an excuse to justify whatever course of action I take in the heat of the moment. I'm not fond of direct duplicity, so this is the best I can manage. Can't lie about my intentions if I don't know them."

    Bluff (1d20+20)[21] to conceal that Sahael is a wild card who might do anything. Yay, +10 from Conceal Thoughts.
    Sense Motive (1d20+26)[30] to know if Rory realizes he's a wild card.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Sahael is setting himself up to potentially blindly back himself into a corner where the only course of action is Heroic Safe Mode or Heroic BSOD.

  6. - Top - End - #216
    Troll in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Aegis Tristalt In-Character Mk. II

    Rory either hasn't noticed or doesn't care. It's pretty apparent that in her eyes, Renia is the leader of your particular group.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwarforged View Post
    You sir are a True Pirate Lord.

  7. - Top - End - #217
    Troll in the Playground
     
    NinjaGirl

    Join Date
    Mar 2011

    Default Re: Aegis Tristalt In-Character Mk. II

    Kasha

    "Any other intelligence you'd like to share about Ordo? Since we find ourselves with common cause? If not, I expect we should get going. There is a time element to this."

  8. - Top - End - #218
    Troll in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Aegis Tristalt In-Character Mk. II

    "I've informed you of all the pertinent information of which I am aware. I won't know anything else unless my eyes in the field report back to me." She responds, once again busying herself with paperwork.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwarforged View Post
    You sir are a True Pirate Lord.

  9. - Top - End - #219
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Missouri, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Aegis Tristalt In-Character Mk. II

    "Actually, Tribinus, I think we could use some extra men with us. There will be plenty of opportunities for them to finish off incapacitated foes that we're too busy to get to. However, they will need to accept a telepathic bond, or else some of my powers will hinder them as well as the enemy.

    Will your group be resistant to telekinetic turbulence, as they were yesterday?"

  10. - Top - End - #220
    Troll in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Aegis Tristalt In-Character Mk. II

    Tribinus responds "I have a team ready to accompany you just downstairs. I'll appraise them of their new orders and get the other teams ready."

    The Necropolitan mentally replies "Your telekinetic disturbance made it difficult for us to move quickly, but we are an effective fighting force as long as we can move sufficiently for spellcasting."

    Tribinus heads downstairs just ahead of you. As you come to the lower room you hear Tribinus bark orders to some of the other guard. Looks like a unit of twelve town guards are being assigned to accompany you.

    You head quickly towards the Coliseum, the town guard marching with you on your approach. The civilians quickly move out of your way but look on with concern at the militaristic movements before them. It's not long before you reach the Coliseum; it seems the main entrance isn't barred.

    At this point the Necropolitan makes a gesture to his group, and mentally states "Now is the time to prepare for battle. Do we take a moment to empower ourselves with magic, or charge in to hopefully take Ordo by surprise?"
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2015-11-03 at 03:39 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwarforged View Post
    You sir are a True Pirate Lord.

  11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Missouri, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Aegis Tristalt In-Character Mk. II

    "Cast whatever you want, this might take a moment.

    Might someone be able to invisibly fly up to survey the grounds? Kasha, if the box is resting on the ground, would you be willing to infiltrate it from below?"


    "I can only accommodate seven of you. The rest will need to keep in mind that it may suddenly become hard to move in a 15 foot radius area near me."


    Sahael invites 7 of the guards into the collective. He uses the Wand of Sending again. "Describe dimensions of box in inches. Do hollow sounds or wood bending indicate collapsible cavity trap? Were perceived motions consistent with transport to coliseum grounds?"
    Last edited by General Patton; 2015-11-03 at 01:55 PM.

  12. - Top - End - #222
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    England

    Default Re: Aegis Tristalt In-Character Mk. II

    Renia selects the leader of the Guard unit (I'm assuming they've a sergeant or something that would normally be in charge... If not, she'll just pick the tallest), and touches them on the forehead for a couple of seconds as she casts Magic Circle against Evil on them. She then follows it up with her prepared Shield of Faith (Mass), which is targeted at the other 11.

    "A little bit of Pelor's power to protect you. You're not invincible, but you'll find it's a little harder than usual for an enemy to hit you."

    (Deflection bonuses to everybody!)

    "I'll go up top. I've got a couple of Invisibility Spheres ready... and my wings are getting itchy under this cloak anyway."

    She'll take a few steps back from the group to begin casting her Invisibility Sphere. She'll let any of the other flyers in on that action if they're quick enough to volunteer to fly with her, otherwise she'll start to head up onto spy station by herself.

  13. - Top - End - #223
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Mousedigits's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Probably some computer.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Aegis Tristalt In-Character Mk. II

    Trasil casts Shield and Fly on himself. In addition he casts an Intensified Empowered Shocking Grasp into his sword (using the Magus Spellstrike ability, holding the charge.)
    He does not, however, follow Renia.

    Spoiler: Status
    Show

    Fly will last for 11 minutes, Shield for 22.

    Current spells in sword: Intensified Empowered Shocking Grasp x2 (one from just now, one done in the morning through Spellsword Arcane Channel.)
    Last edited by Mousedigits; 2015-11-03 at 10:03 PM.
    Extended Signature
    .

    Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show

    Trasil, Magus 15//Fighter 12/Ab. Champ 3//Spellsword 10/Factotum 4/LA (Kreshen) 1, Game: Aegis Tristalt
    Potentia Abilities: Sword (Sahael), Clock (Renia)
    Current Buffs Spreadsheet
    Other Abilities: Manifest Body, Teleport abilities

    Soulsteel, Aegis 10//Soulknife 10//Mythic (Mutant) 10//Vigilante (Exposed Vigilante) 10, Game: London Extranatural Guild

    Tara, Spellthief 2, a noncaster in disguise! Game: Academy Living

  14. - Top - End - #224
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Missouri, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Aegis Tristalt In-Character Mk. II

    Sahael will join in the aeriel recon.

    Spot (1d20+26)[42]
    Listen (1d20+24)[41]

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Ugh, so sick. Thoughts losing coherency.

  15. - Top - End - #225
    Troll in the Playground
     
    NinjaGirl

    Join Date
    Mar 2011

    Default Re: Aegis Tristalt In-Character Mk. II

    Kasha

    "I think I can provide assistance, and if the box is there perhaps I can at least take a look, though if it is small I wouldn't be able to do much good, so I'm not sure there would be a point to doing that." Kasha casts Conviction, Mass while everyone's still within 20 feet (+3 to all saves). She would have spent at least some of the walk over casting Aid on everyone who wanted it, with the earliest recipients (town guards) still having at least 5-6 minutes left (maybe just average to 14 temp hp each?). She would also make sure to have See Invisibility running.

  16. - Top - End - #226
    Troll in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Aegis Tristalt In-Character Mk. II

    Spoiler: Random calculations for my reference(feel free to look)
    Show
    All of the actions between you would put you at 3 rounds in before you begin ascending the coliseum wall under the cover of Invisibility Sphere, which is roughly 100ft high (for reference, the Roman coliseum was 157'). Assuming ascension at 60ft/round for double moving, we're looking at 5 rounds in before you reach above the top of the wall.

    Average benefit 14hp to each guard is fine.


    Mento responds "Size of a standard coffin. No cavity trap. Hear something strange, unsure what. Temperature rising quickly. Coliseum grounds is a possibility, but uncertain of location.

    Looks like the Necropolitan's team is taking advantage of this time, too.

    The Necropolitan quickly casts a spell, activates his amulet and begins to do a strange dance as the two gizmos on his person seem to awaken to life, stretching legs and beginning to crawl on his person. Once they've unfurled, they look like crossbows with chicken legs and some kind of arcane eyeball on the front of them. They quickly climb up onto his shoulders and begin to participate in the dance, as they do, it seems arcane runes imbued into them glow softly. He suddenly stops and begins doing a different dance, with the cat-sized constructs joining him again.

    Spoiler: Kn Arcana DC 20
    Show
    These gizmos are Arbalesters, constructs likely created by the Necropolitan. They're fairly mobile and pretty accurate snipers.

    Spoiler: Kn Spellcraft DC 21
    Show
    Looks like the softly glowing runes on the gizmos are some kind of unique spell effect - they seem to allow the construct to magically gain the ability to be imbued with certain emotions, or approximations thereof. Particularly, morale and fear effects can now effect them.


    The Elf draws out his metamagic rod and readies an action to cast something on himself upon entering the coliseum.

    The Azurin pulls scrolls out and begins quickly burning through them. By the end of his scroll consumption three duplicates of himself appear, each quickly forming items seemingly from nothing, including his iconic longsword.

    The two birds fly in close to take advantage of the invisibility sphere, looks like they'll accompany you in checking above the wall.

    As you ascend the Necropolitan telepathically adds "The birds are detecting a few people in the stands, it could be an ambush."

    You reach the top of the wall, cloaked by Renia's invisibility sphere and you can see an older man, balding, in a fine tailored suit quickly making his way towards the far exit of the arena, accompanied by two bodyguards wearing plate armor.

    There are a small handful of very well-to-do civilians scattered about the spectator seats, and you see the box in the middle of the arena. It looks like there's some kind of crystal standing unnaturally on top of it, and it almost appears as if the crystal has grown organically around the box and spread out into some kind of huge glyph, spanning at least 25 ft in diameter, and is pulsating with some kind of mystic energy, as if fire is flowing through the crystal. There are two women dressed in servant's garbs moving from person to person carrying a tray that appears to have papers clamped to them and a small ink well and quill.

    Spoiler: Sahael and his spot
    Show
    they look like betting records.


    There's a young, muscular man in nothing but a loincloth with a cone shaped object, he stands there restlessly looking toward the door of the Coliseum standing in an announcer's box near the edge of the Coliseum floor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwarforged View Post
    You sir are a True Pirate Lord.

  17. - Top - End - #227
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Missouri, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Aegis Tristalt In-Character Mk. II

    Knowledge (Psionics) (1d20+25)[30] on this strange creature.

    "Mento is definitely here, and that thing is starting to roast him. I don't suppose anyone has any cold spells to buy him some time? Though it seems plausible this thing might convert magical energy into heat, or otherwise obviate magical attacks. Kasha, can you get right in front of that suit-wearing traitor? I need to swap places with you and extract info on the creature."

    If she gets in position, then Sahael will manifest Dimension Swap as a Standard Action and use Never Outnumbered to Paralyze Ordo and the bodyguards as a Move Action. Intimidate (1d20+36)[49]

    "Oh my, you've made a powerful mistake today, haven't you? I wonder how many bites it will take to reduce you to a blind, deaf, mute, limbless eunuch. If you're compliant, then you'll never have to find out, you traitorous wretch!"

    He also activates Disruptive Terrain.

  18. - Top - End - #228
    Troll in the Playground
     
    NinjaGirl

    Join Date
    Mar 2011

    Default Re: Aegis Tristalt In-Character Mk. II

    Kasha

    Kasha will try and move ahead of the fleeing possibly-Ordo. If she is able to (flying and incorporeal, running, and including a little extra distance to do most of it from underneath or inside the structure of the arena) she is fine with Sahael's switching plan.

    Spoiler
    Show


    To see what's up with the weird crystal thingy:
    Knowledge: Arcana (1d20+22)[28]
    Spellcraft (1d20+22)[28]

    Also, in case she has to fight some humanoids, for knowledge devotion
    Knowledge (Local) (1d20+20)[35]

    Last edited by Silver Night; 2015-11-05 at 10:29 PM.

  19. - Top - End - #229
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    England

    Default Re: Aegis Tristalt In-Character Mk. II

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    "Knowledge (Local)" - (1d20+17)[35]
    Renia's trying to recognise the 'retreating' man. We're all just assuming it's Mr Ordo, for all we know it's just one of his middle management types...

    Also: Remember, she gets free saves vs Illusions


    Renia leads her invisible group over towards Mento, while still keeping them well up in the air. She only needs to get within 50' for this next trick...

    "I'm going to drop some summoned creatures around the box first. If that crystal's going to fry us for getting too close to the box, I want to know ahead of time. The rest of you, feel free to kick in the gates...."

    She takes 6 seconds (around the same 6 seconds Sahael uses trying to force 'Mr Ordo' to surrender) to summon (1d3)[2] Celestial Dire Badgers around the box.

    "...Now!"
    Last edited by whoiam; 2015-11-05 at 06:01 PM.

  20. - Top - End - #230
    Troll in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Aegis Tristalt In-Character Mk. II

    Spoiler: Renia's Kn Local
    Show
    That's definitely Ordo and two of his guards.


    Spoiler: Kasha's Kn rolls
    Show
    Looks like that crystal is something almost like a living Gate spell, seems like it's about to fire, bringing something or someone into the area. You can tell it's calling across planar boundaries.
    Spoiler: Kn: Planes DC 25
    Show
    It's calling something from the Far Realms.


    Spoiler: Sahael's Kn: Psionics
    Show
    Looks like that crystal is something almost like a living Gate spell, seems like it's about to fire, bringing something or someone into the area. You can tell it's calling across planar boundaries.
    Spoiler: Kn: Planes DC 25
    Show
    It's calling something from the Far Realms.


    When Kasha comes up for Sahael to hit the swap, she's noticed by the bodyguards.

    By this point, Renia has moved into position.

    Spoiler: One billion initiative rolls
    Show

    Trasil (1d20+9)[18]
    Kasha (1d20+10)[11]
    Sahael (1d20+8)[9]
    Renia (1d20+3)[4]

    Necropolitan+Arbalests rolled in for convenience
    (1d20+1)[9]
    Azurin and three copies
    (1d20+6)[8]
    Elf
    (1d20+16)[34] or
    (1d20+16)[26] whichever is higher
    Kaki
    (1d20+6)[24]
    Reikou
    (1d20+6)[21]

    Twelve guards
    (1d20+0)[2]

    Spoiler: Enemies
    Show
    Ordo and two guards
    (1d20+5)[15]

    ???
    (1d20+6)[21]



    You four and the Necropolitan can act in the surprise round (1 standard or move action) thanks to your mental link, but the other characters weren't as fortunate, Kaki and Raikou fell behind when Renia began moving in towards the box and are still near the outer wall.
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2015-11-05 at 11:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwarforged View Post
    You sir are a True Pirate Lord.

  21. - Top - End - #231
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Missouri, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Aegis Tristalt In-Character Mk. II

    "Wait, that seems to be a living Gate spell. Drawing something from the Plane of Fire, perhaps?"

    Using the element of surprise, Sahael swaps places after Kasha's swift assault, assesses his opponents, and then horrifically tears into the bodyguards, focusing on one of them first.

    Bite 1 (1d20+17)[24] for (3d8+6)[22] and (2d6)[10] Holy damage if Evil.
    Bite 2 (1d20+17)[35] for (3d8+6)[19] and (2d6)[2] Holy damage if Evil.
    Claw 1 (1d20+12)[23] for (3d6+6)[11] and (2d6)[9] Holy damage if Evil.
    Claw 1 (1d20+12)[22] for (3d6+6)[18] and (2d6)[8] Holy damage if Evil.

    He expends psionic focus to Paralyze them with fear and then activates Disruptive Terrain.

  22. - Top - End - #232
    Troll in the Playground
     
    NinjaGirl

    Join Date
    Mar 2011

    Default Re: Aegis Tristalt In-Character Mk. II

    Kasha

    The Plane of Fire would be lovely. It is pulling something from the Far Realms, I suspect.

  23. - Top - End - #233
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Mousedigits's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Probably some computer.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Aegis Tristalt In-Character Mk. II

    If the doors into the Coliseum are open, Trasil flies in through there. Otherwise, he flies above the walls. He has a 60ft move speed.

    We want to kill Ordo, right? Just making sure, before I pump thousands of volts of electricity into his body.
    Last edited by Mousedigits; 2015-11-06 at 06:44 PM.
    Extended Signature
    .

    Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show

    Trasil, Magus 15//Fighter 12/Ab. Champ 3//Spellsword 10/Factotum 4/LA (Kreshen) 1, Game: Aegis Tristalt
    Potentia Abilities: Sword (Sahael), Clock (Renia)
    Current Buffs Spreadsheet
    Other Abilities: Manifest Body, Teleport abilities

    Soulsteel, Aegis 10//Soulknife 10//Mythic (Mutant) 10//Vigilante (Exposed Vigilante) 10, Game: London Extranatural Guild

    Tara, Spellthief 2, a noncaster in disguise! Game: Academy Living

  24. - Top - End - #234
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Missouri, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Aegis Tristalt In-Character Mk. II

    "The priorities are: save Mento, stop whatever monstrosity is coming through that Gate, acquire any intel and resources from Ordo by force, and then dispose of him. That may change though, as all our recent plans have had an annoying propensity to do so."

  25. - Top - End - #235
    Troll in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Aegis Tristalt In-Character Mk. II

    Spoiler: Action alterations for my personal reference
    Show
    Sahael's action is to Standard - use the teleport to get into position, Free action assess opponent, swift action belt of battle for move action to intimidate.


    Spoiler: Kasha's Spellcraft
    Show
    roll was 33. You're confident the creature will appear within the glyph. It should be possible to stop it by dispelling the magic sustaining it. It may also be possible to stop it by breaking the crystal.


    Spoiler: Assess Opponents
    Show
    The two body guards are easy, while Ordo himself is a pushover.



    Trasil moves 60ft through the door towards the center of the coliseum and empowers his weapon.

    Sahael switches places with Kasha and intimidates and gives his little spiel. The Bodyguards' eyes widen in terror and Ordo stops mid-stride, making a half step back, his eyes dart back and forth looking for somewhere to run.
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2015-11-07 at 03:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwarforged View Post
    You sir are a True Pirate Lord.

  26. - Top - End - #236
    Troll in the Playground
     
    NinjaGirl

    Join Date
    Mar 2011

    Default Re: Aegis Tristalt In-Character Mk. II

    Kasha

    Kasha relays what she has determined to her allies, while (very quickly) considering her own possible contribution to not finding out what that crystal is trying to do.

  27. - Top - End - #237
    Troll in the Playground
     
    NinjaGirl

    Join Date
    Mar 2011

    Default Re: Aegis Tristalt In-Character Mk. II

    Kasha

    I'm going to attempt to dispel it. Call me crazy, but I don't want to see what pops out of that thing if there is any way to avoid it.

    Spoiler
    Show


    So, Greater Dispel Magic (1d20+11)[23]


  28. - Top - End - #238
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Mousedigits's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Probably some computer.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Aegis Tristalt In-Character Mk. II

    Hmm, I have another idea.

    With that, Trasil disappears and reappears beside the crystal.

    Not sure how much good this will do, but it will likely do more good here than to Ordo.

    With that, he plunges his sword into the crystal. Repeatedly.

    Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show

    Full Round Action- Spell Combat, casting Dimension Door. Using this feat.
    Using sword 2 handed, power attacking.
    Attacks:
    Attack 1: (1d20+19)[36]
    (1d20+19)[37] to confirm (15-20x2 crit, assuming this can be critted)
    (1d8+25)[30] sword damage.
    add (1d8+25)[29] if crit.
    Shocking Grasp #1: (10d6)[35]x1.5= 52
    If crit, add (10d6)[37]x1.5= 55
    If this attack misses, it channels through the first attack to hit.
    Shocking Grasp #2: (10d6)[37]x1.5=55
    If crit, add (10d6)[40]x1.5= 60
    If this attack misses, it channels through the first attack to hit.
    Add (2d6)[8] damage if evil.

    Attack 2: (1d20+14)[34]
    (1d20+14)[20] to confirm (15-20x2 crit, assuming this can be critted)
    (1d8+25)[28] sword damage.
    add (1d8+25)[31] if crit.
    Add (2d6)[7] damage if evil.

    Attack 3: (1d20+19)[37]
    (1d20+19)[23] to confirm (15-20x2 crit, assuming this can be critted)
    (1d8+25)[27] sword damage.
    add (1d8+25)[29] if crit.
    Add (2d6)[9] damage if evil.
    Last edited by Mousedigits; 2015-11-08 at 03:47 AM.
    Extended Signature
    .

    Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show

    Trasil, Magus 15//Fighter 12/Ab. Champ 3//Spellsword 10/Factotum 4/LA (Kreshen) 1, Game: Aegis Tristalt
    Potentia Abilities: Sword (Sahael), Clock (Renia)
    Current Buffs Spreadsheet
    Other Abilities: Manifest Body, Teleport abilities

    Soulsteel, Aegis 10//Soulknife 10//Mythic (Mutant) 10//Vigilante (Exposed Vigilante) 10, Game: London Extranatural Guild

    Tara, Spellthief 2, a noncaster in disguise! Game: Academy Living

  29. - Top - End - #239
    Troll in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Aegis Tristalt In-Character Mk. II

    Renia begins casting her summoning and the Necropolitan saunters 30ft into the arena area, his arbalesters still mounted on his shoulders.

    Kasha hits the crystal with a Dispel Magic, it just barely being within her range from Sahael's previous position, the crystal seems to resonate as if affected by the magic.

    (End surprise round)

    The Elf sprints into the arena, he runs 80ft into through the door.

    The two birds use the run action to dive through the air, traveling 200ft to take up positions around Renia, vanishing back into the invisibility sphere.

    At this point, the main crystal on top of the pinewood box cracks and a ring of flame that seems to carry some kind of dark energy within its distorted light erupts from the edges of the glyph rising like a cyclone of fire up to a height of 20ft. You hear the agonized screams of Mento from within the box as it is engulfed in the rising fire. The flame disperses as quickly as it appeared and where once sat the a crystalline glyph now stands a strange creature; it is propped up by three spindly legs, each with five different joints along the legs, from a pelvic structure rises a small spinal column opening into a rib-cage shaped structure. Rather than arms, the creature appears to have a mass of tentacles, twelve in total, each extending about 15 ft from its main body. It's back seems to have a bone structure that expands into a ring, and on the edges of this bone-ring are six vents which are continually jetting that same corrupt fire, the jets quickly fill up a substantial space around the creature. It has a long, thick neck and a large human shaped head with a mouth on the top and eyes all along the base.

    Around the creature appear to be six hovering claws of this dark fire.

    It doesn't take any of you long to recognize that this creature may have some connection to the acid monster you fought in the elven tomb.

    Spoiler: Dimensions
    Show
    The creature takes up a 10x10 square and is 15ft tall, expanding 10ft past its area in all directions is its wreath of dark fire. The tentacles appear to have a reach of 15ft, so capable of attacking just past the wreath of dark fire.


    The creature begins to glow brightly, the light from the fire and the shadow from the dark energy contained within causing the creature to be hard to get a direct bead.
    Spoiler: mechanics
    Show
    The creature has a miss chance of 50%, and a 50% chance to avoid sneak attacks and critical hits.


    That bright glow quickly begins a violent strobing effect, becoming extremely bright, then extremely dark in rapid succession.
    Spoiler: mechanics
    Show
    Each round at the start of your turn, make a Fort save against a DC 16. If you fail the save, you're blinded for the round. If you pass the save, your dazzled for the round. You can avoid this entirely by averting your eyes, if you choose to avert your eyes, you take a -4 penalty to hit the creature in addition to its miss chance.


    Trasil is currently 140ft from melee with the creature (you can choose to use the action already posted, we'll need to roll miss chance and the like, but you can keep the rolls, but since the circumstances have changed, you may also change your action).

    Ordo and his two guards cower in terror before Sahael.

    (Kasha and Sahael technically go here)

    The Azurin and his three clones sprint in through the main gate, traveling 120ft into the area (75ft from melee with the enemy), he quickly averts his eyes from the strange creature before him.

    Renia completes her summoning, summoning two Celestial Dire Badgers into the fight (feel free to control them), and has her move, and swift actions remaining.

    The twelve town guards come marching into the fight as well, traveling 80ft into the area (115ft from melee with the enemy). They all avert their eyes from the creature.

    The Necropolitan quickly lets out a thought "That creature is extremely dangerous. Destroy it at will, if we worry about the collateral we may cause, it's likely to cause more collateral damage in the end." as he averts his eyes.

    He then draws an item out of his haversack and evokes its power, pointing it toward the creature.
    Spoiler: CL v. Spell Resistance
    Show
    (1d20+12)[26] vs DC 24/14

    You hear a loud noise emanating from the area around the creature like a loud battle.
    Spoiler: Spellcraft DC 18
    Show
    The Necropolitan has used Creaking Cacaphony on the area around the monster, increasing any sonic damage dealt by 1.5x to any creature in the area that which fails to resist.
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2015-11-09 at 04:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwarforged View Post
    You sir are a True Pirate Lord.

  30. - Top - End - #240
    Troll in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Aegis Tristalt In-Character Mk. II

    (Forgot to include this in the last post) The two Arbalesters let loose attacks against the creature.

    Spoiler: Attacks
    Show
    The Arbalesters are immune to the strobe-light effect due to being Constructs.
    (1d20+18)[32]
    (1d2)[1] hits on 2
    (1d8+10)[14]
    plus (15d6)[46] sonic damage

    (1d20+18)[36]
    (1d2)[2] hits on 2
    (1d8+10)[14]
    plus (15d6)[46] sonic damage


    One of the bolts thunks into the creature, causing it to unleash a roar of pain and anger.

    Spoiler: Creature's HP
    Show
    The creature takes 48 damage and has 222 hp remaining


    (Players can all act at this point)
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2015-11-09 at 04:01 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwarforged View Post
    You sir are a True Pirate Lord.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •