New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Spoilers from PaizoCon

"Aether gains telekinetic invisibility, which lets you use strands of aether to dampen sound and refract light around yourself, potentially fooling sound-based blindsense like the echolocation spell. Air can gain evasion and can even haste the whole party by either spending your turn or taking burn to keep it active. Earth can create deadly areas of difficult terrain that cause reduced blast damage—and special substance effects of course!—to everyone inside everyone (pair with grappling infusion substance to make grasping hands of earth that hold them in place to take damage again and again). Fire can burn away an enemies buffs and has fan of flames, a cone-shaped blast available at 1st-level. Water can summon a tsunami to annihilate entire settlements."

That, uh, escalated quickly.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Spamalot in the Playground

Ah, so Pummeling Style is actually a series of punches now instead of just one - interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Extra Anchovies View Post
    I'm not bothering with spells or items.
    I'll field these.

Spells

• Various - the short description spell lists were updated or tweaked.
    • Blade Lash/Disguise Weapon/Life Pact - Added SR:No and no save line, not that these spells needed them.
    • Blood Armor - no longer stacks with existing enhancement bonus. So if you have +3 armor, you have to get hit 4 times before this is worth anything, for at least 5 damage each. (Sidenote: I think this spell would have made sense as a Qinggong power, using your ki to harden your shed blood into perfectly flexible "armor." But I digress.)
    • Contingent Action - nerfed to Sorc 3/Bard 3.
    • Contingent Scroll - Now self-only and lasts a much shorter time (10 min./level instead of hours/level.) However, it does take less time to cast now.
    • Curse of Burning Sleep - Now opponents can put the fire out instead of burning forever. Imagine that
    • Disable Construct - Heavily nerfed; now the construct gets to save every round (ŕ la Hold Person) and magic-immune constructs like golems get an additional +4 on their save.
    • Extreme Flexibility - Nerfed, now only helps you escape a grapple. It still requires somatic components making it difficult to use if you're already in one.
    • Eyes of the Void - Duration nerfed from 10 min./lvl to 1 min./lvl.
    • Feast on Fear - Nerfed, now requires a standard action each round to fear more creatures.
    • Heart of the Metal - the material you apply must match the one you used as a material component.
    • Hex Vulnerability - now only works on offensive hexes; no more repeat healing or Fortune.
    • Line In The Sand: - Clarified to have no save, no SR, not that it
    • Mantle of Calm - clarified to be mind-affecting, and also added the emotion descriptor.
    • Marching Chant - You can now hustle and concentrate on this at the same time, so no need to ride in the wagon to make this work anymore.
    • Molten Orb - now an Evocation spell with the earth and fire descriptors.
    • Nauseating Trail - added to the druid list, giving them access to Stinking Cloud. (Judging by the Lini art, druids were always supposed to have this.)
    • Planeslayer's Call - radius nerfed, now mind-affecting (for those allies where that might matter.)
    • Sense Spirit Magic - range limit removed.
    • Spellcrash et al. - Now eats 1 spell/round, with no save on the first one lost!
    • Greater Thunderstomp - More clearly lets you trip all creatures in the area regardless of size.
    • Twilight Haze - added the Shadow descriptor... which it already had? Not sure what they did here.
    • Unliving Rage - Now boosts Cha instead of Con, thankfully.

Items

• Woad Painting Kit - now only lets you paint costless material components into your skin (a la Eschew Materials.) You can also only paint one stilled spell onto you at a time.
    • Dust Knuckles - you only get one dose of poison or ground minerals per punch.
    • Answering - the enhancement bonus now only counts towards opportune parry and riposte, not in general. Also, it only applies to melee weapons.
    • Confounding - the bonus is now typed (enhancement), rendering it mostly pointless because you already get your weapon's enhancement bonus to all those checks. What? (The immediate attempt after a crit is nice I guess?)
    • Swashbuckler's Rapier - activated as a swift action.
    • Ring of Lingering Blood Magic - no longer works on spells that last less than a round (e.g. instantaneous or dischargeable buffs.)
    • Ring of Resilience - you now only get one shot at removal per condition.
    • Ring of Summoning Affinity (Aeon) - the 4th-level monster was nerfed to 6th-level.
    • Ring of Summoning Affinity (Asura) - the 4th-level monster was nerfed to 6th-level.
    • Rod of Abrupt Hexes - price was doubled.
    • Rod of Grasping Hexes - price was more than tripled.
    • Rod of Interminable Hexes - price was more than tripled.
    • Rod of Potent Hexes - price was multiplied by six. Yikes!
    • Rod of Voracious Hexes - price was nearly quadrupled.
    • Monstrification Staff - default CL increased to 8.
    • Spark Staff - No longer needs Scorching Ray to make.
    • Amulet of the Blooded - added a sorcerer bloodline requirement. (Bloodragers get the shaft?)
    • Amulet of the Spirits - added a Shaman spirit requirement.
    • Belt of Superior Maneuvers - only the prices in the body of the table matter. The +1 belt's price doubled, however.
    • Blouse of the Boastful Bastard - Moved to Shirt (Chest) slot.
    • Boots of the Battle Herald - now a move action to activate. Lasts longer (11 minutes), but you can't divide the time up anymore either.
    • Brass Spider - can only be used to disable from range once per day.
    • Drinking Horn of the Panacea - now only provides lesser restoration instead of restoration.
    • Elixir of Sex Shift - the language is much more trans-inclusive. (Yes, I'm rating that blue, it's my ratings list. )
    • Handkerchief of Finding - You must be aware of the handkerchief's power before the attunement clock starts ticking.
    • One-Way Window - Price nearly doubled. Also, divinations don't work through it anymore, and lead blocks it completely.
    • Plume of Panache: Now activated in conjunction with the desired deed rather than separately.
    • Runestone of Power - only the costs in the body of the table matter.
    • Toothpick of Pyrotechnics - Range heavily nerfed from 120 ft. to 20 ft.
    Last edited by Psyren; 2015-07-24 at 10:03 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ogre in the Playground

Divine Protection is completely gutted. Good riddance.
    I personally think they went too far on that one. My initial reading (forgetting entirely about the table being changed in addition to the text) it looked like it was changed to just a single save instead of all three. Would have been a much better nerf, and far less hilariously overpowered than the original still.

Steadfast Personality now (essentially) replaces Wisdom for Charisma on will saves, so the heavy lifter portion of Divine Protection is still available in some form, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    • Twilight Haze - added the Shadow descriptor... which it already had? Not sure what they did here.
    It was part of the shadow subschool; it didn't have the shadow descriptor.
    Last edited by Ilorin Lorati; 2015-07-24 at 10:59 AM.
    There was something here and in the avatar box, and there will eventually be again. I just need to figure out what I want...

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ogre in the Playground

Divine protection did need the nerf, but damn now it's borderline useless due to how hard it is to time it.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Pixie in the Playground

The Parry + Riposte thing is kind of... a bummer. Mostly because I loved Daring Champion and it gave me the flavor of what I wanted from a lightly armored fencer even better than Swashbuckler does. Might just see if my DM will let me ignore that one.

EDIT: Ooops, I thought they got it base for some reason. Guess it's not as big a bummer as that.
    Last edited by Coxswain; 2015-07-24 at 12:40 PM.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ogre in the Playground

Not a fan of giving the swashbuckler a niche by taking away a neat ability from other classes/archetypes, but that's ultimately small potatoes.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ogre in the Playground

*reads through errata*

so how does jabbing master work now? my guess is I just increase the number of d6s I roll based on hits but seriously paizo, you have already broken one style feat by not errataing the whole chain, don't do it again.
    Rule of Cool former designer

Games I'm playing: League of Legends, Mechwarrior Online

8. - Top - End - #218

Quote Originally Posted by 9mm View Post
    *reads through errata*

so how does jabbing master work now? my guess is I just increase the number of d6s I roll based on hits but seriously paizo, you have already broken one style feat by not errataing the whole chain, don't do it again.
    The "once per round" provision was removed, so basically this gives you the bonus damage every time you hit after the first.
    As written here's what happens currently.

Jabbing Style only:

First hit: normal damage
    Second hit: normal + 1d6
    Third hit: normal + 1d6
    Fourth hit: normal + 1d6...
    etc.

Jabbing Style + Jabbing Master

Second hit: normal + 2d6
    Third hit: normal + 4d6
    Fourth hit: normal + 4d6
    etc.
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ogre in the Playground

The "once per round" provision was removed, so basically this gives you the bonus damage every time you hit after the first.
    As written here's what happens currently.

Jabbing Style only:

Second hit: normal + 1d6
    Third hit: normal + 1d6
    Fourth hit: normal + 1d6...
    etc.

Jabbing Style + Jabbing Master

Second hit: normal + 2d6
    Third hit: normal + 4d6
    Fourth hit: normal + 4d6
    etc.
    that's what I figured, but still, clarity would be nice.
    Rule of Cool former designer

Games I'm playing: League of Legends, Mechwarrior Online

10. - Top - End - #220
    Firbolg in the Playground

Art from blog:
    Spoiler: Occult Game
    Show

Spoiler: Rewards
    Show

Spoiler: Possession
    Show

Spoiler: Ghostrider
    Show

Spoiler: Omnyuoji
    Show
    Last edited by Milo v3; 2015-07-24 at 09:01 PM.
    Spoiler: Old Avatar by Aruius
    Show
    http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q56/Zeritho/Koboldbard.png

11. - Top - End - #221
    Dwarf in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Bloodrager:
    • Lose access to slow.
    No, they didn't. It was erroneously listed on both the 3rd- and 4th-level spell lists, and they removed it from 4th, leaving it available as a 3rd-level spell.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Barbarian in the Playground

Stygian Slayer is now proficient with weapons.

Elixir of Sex Shift - the language is much more trans-inclusive.

Please explain and expand.

13. - Top - End - #223

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowscale View Post
    Stygian Slayer is now proficient with weapons.

Elixir of Sex Shift - the language is much more trans-inclusive.

Please explain and expand.
    In the original stygian slayer archetype, it accidently replaced the weapon and armour proficiencies, when it should have just replaced armour proficiencies, causing the archetype to lose proficiencies in all weapons. That is fixed now.

As for elixir of sex shift:
    Quote Originally Posted by Original
    Upon drinking this elixir, a character changes sex, permanently transforming into a member of a different biological sex. While the user's physiology changes dramatically and the user's features adjust slightly to take on the qualities of the new sex, the character is still recognizable as the same person. The character has only minor control over the specific details of this new appearance, and the elixir grants no benefit on Disguise skill checks or similar checks.

This elixir's magic functions instantaneously and can't be dispelled, though drinking a second elixir of sex shift reverts the character back to the former sex and appearance. The elixir has no effect on characters who are pregnant or are of races with no sexual differentiation. Characters of races with more than two sexes may decide which sex this elixir transforms them into.
    Quote Originally Posted by New
    Upon drinking this elixir, a character permanently transforms their biology to take on a different set of
    sexual characteristics of their choice.
    While the imbiber’s physiology changes dramatically and their features adjust slightly to take on the new qualities, the imbiber is still recognizable as the same person. The character has only minor control over the specific details of this new appearance, and the elixir grants no benefit on Disguise skill checks or similar checks.

This elixir’s magic functions instantaneously and can’t be dispelled, though drinking a second elixir of sex shift either reverts the character back to a former form or allows them to adopt alternate sexual characteristics, as they choose. The elixir has no effect on characters who are pregnant or are of races with no sexual differentiation. Most races have a wide spectrum of sexual differentiation, some common, others more rare. Therefore, most creatures can decide how this elixir transforms them. An unwilling imbiber can choose not to change at all.
    Last edited by Milo v3; 2015-07-26 at 06:10 AM.
    Show

14. - Top - End - #224
    Bugbear in the Playground

Planetar

Okay, now I barely understand what it's trying to say. The last change specifically. If I saw the new text without knowing the old text, I would have no idea what the hell the item is trying to do.
    Last edited by Ninjaxenomorph; 2015-07-26 at 09:20 AM.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjaxenomorph View Post
    Okay, now I barely understand what it's trying to say. The last change specifically. If I saw the new text without knowing the old text, I would have no idea what the hell the item is trying to do.
    Drinking it lets you change your physical attributes to have a different set of sexual characteristics. Drinking again can change you back, or to another set of sexual characteristics. You choose the exact effects of the elixir. You have to be willing for it to work.
    Please use they/them/theirs when referring to me in the third person.
    My Homebrew (PF, 3.5)
    Awesome Bone Knight avatar by Chd.
    Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    Cassidy Halloran, Human Scout
    William Gamache, Human Relic Channeler Medium
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AGrinningCat View Post
    Lay on hands? More like Lay your Eyes on this sick elbow drop!

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ogre in the Playground

It makes sense to me. Basically, it's saying that you can take on whatever set of sexual characteristics that you want, and you can't force a person to change with it.

Before, it was worded so that the imbiber changed to a different specific sex, with all the bits and bobs thereof - now the user can pick and choose, as long as the race has multiple different sets of bits and bobs.

tl;dr: Good for anyone not on the binary.
    There was something here and in the avatar box, and there will eventually be again. I just need to figure out what I want...

17. - Top - End - #227

Planetar

So it can turn the imiber into a hermaphrodite if they want? Okay?

On the other hand, my idea for an alchemist using it with alchemical allocation just got a lot more fun. And confusing.

18. - Top - End - #228

The updated language basically acknowledges that the final clause, about more than two sexes, does apply to most races (including humans) where the former would have required you to have a GM that already understands this fact. It's mostly a bit of harmless education baked into a magic item's description.

It also prevents unwilling changes now, which is nice - there's more than likely at least one GM out there who originally had the bright idea of swapping this for some character's healing potion for "lulz."

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjaxenomorph View Post
    So it can turn the imiber into a hermaphrodite if they want? Okay?
    While intersex characteristics are certainly possible with the elixir, the idea is that you have full control of your expression and can stop at any point on the spectrum you choose.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

19. - Top - End - #229

While intersex characteristics are certainly possible with the elixir, the idea is that you have full control of your expression and can stop at any point on the spectrum you choose.
    So, in theory, you could use this to really ratchet up your level of physical sexual expression? I wonder if this piece of errata was issued in a spam email or in an animated ad on a skeezy website.

20. - Top - End - #230

Quote Originally Posted by Hrugner View Post
    So, in theory, you could use this to really ratchet up your level of physical sexual expression? I wonder if this piece of errata was issued in a spam email or in an animated ad on a skeezy website.
    It'd seem so - By RAW, you'd get no bonus from that sort of "enhancement," however
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ogre in the Playground

*snip, description of elixir*
    If a DM wants it to happen it still will, but it's nice of Paizo to at least think about it for their own purposes. Your way of putting the change is definitely a better way of putting it; I just wanted to use "bits and bobs" as a euphemism for sexual characteristics.

On another note, why is it not Wednesday yet? I DEMAND ANSWERS!

22. - Top - End - #232

Occult Adventures is now up for sale, and I now have my own copy of the PDF. Lets see how things ended up.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ettin in the Playground

I feel like we should start a new thread for Occult Adventures discussion, because it's its own topic.
    My Homebrew (PF, 3.5)
    Show
    Show

24. - Top - End - #234

Show

25. - Top - End - #235

Gencon rather than paizocon but a new AP has been announced called Strange Aeons, from chatter it seems like it is mythos themed or something, apparently there is more information in the know direction podcasts.
    Show

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Milo v3 View Post
    Gencon rather than paizocon but a new AP has been announced called Strange Aeons, from chatter it seems like it is mythos themed or something, apparently there is more information in the know direction podcasts.
    Yes! Lovecraft AP! Looking forwards to trying it out when it's released.
    My Homebrew (PF, 3.5)
    Show
    Show

27. - Top - End - #237

DwarfClericGuy

Oh man, I'ma need to pull out those Mi-go Vivisections again! I hope they bring the body chipper back.....
    Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-męnu!

My Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

The Clanhold Warden - Dwarf Racial Archetype for Dreamscarred Press' Warder
    Glorious Thunder - The God's own wrath as a Paladin's ranged option.

28. - Top - End - #238

Again, Gencon rather than PaizoCon, but apparently a Horror Adventures RPG Line book has been announced (presumably to come after Ultimate Intrigue), though I have only seen one mention of it so far so I cannot be be 100% certain.
    Show