New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Default Re: A Depthless Sorrow IC (A Dungeon World Campaign)

Turning from the smoking goblin corpse, Xeno's gaze levels on the wounded orc battering Barrack. Summoning up arcane energies once more, he lifts a hand towards it, then calls out. "Barrack, help Mister Auren. I'll answer this orc's magic with my own!"

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Magic missile on the orc. Let's hope the tenacious brute dies from it.
    Casting check: (2d6+3)[8]
    damage: (2d4+1)[7]

"Iactum Magicae!"

Yet again Xeno conjures a multi-colored missile, sending it crashing into the orc. But with this spell, he starts to feel the strain of his repeated castings. The by now familiar migraine starts setting in, leaving Xeno panting deep breaths to keep his focus.
    Last edited by gremlin-pult; 2015-10-16 at 01:01 PM.

2. - Top - End - #332
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spoiler: If the Magic Kills the Orc
    Show
    Barrack's slightly unhappy that Xeno steals the kill he worked so hard for, but one look at the goblins swarming Auren is enough to put down his annoyance. The dwarf charges forward with a war cry, swinging at one of the shield goblins.
    Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    H&S: (2d6+3)[12]
    D: (1d10+1)[9]

Spoiler: If It Doesn't
    Show
    After Xeno's magic dazes the orc, Barrack gives a mighty swing with a cry, intending to finally put down the brute.
    Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    H&S: (2d6+2)[9]
    D: (1d10)[1]

3. - Top - End - #333
    Barbarian in the Playground

Griffon

At Castor's taunting words the three shield goblins snarl and clash their swords against their shields turning to face the human who dare insult them thus. The magic woven into the bard's song dances across Barrack's wounds and the dwarven fighter feels fresher, some of his wounds close and the bleeding slows.
    The wave power from Xeno explodes against the Orc fire cultist, flinging it to the ground, the light of life leaving it's eyes but it's face still stuck in a grimace of pain and fury.
    Barrack's frown of disappointment at losing the kill quickly changes when he realises just how close to death his new ally is. With a bellow of rage, the dwarf smashes into the shield wall like a ballista bolt, his mighty hammer blow crashing through the shield and into the goblin's chest with such force that it's ribs and lungs explode out of it's back and the goblin warrior is flung back like a bloody rag doll.
    Spoiler: Combat
    Show

Initiative
    Orc Fire Cultist
    Shaman

Castor
    Xeno
    Barrack
    Knife 1 and 2
    Spear 1 2 3

Sword and Shield 1 2 3
    Damage Taken-
    THEM
    Cultist- 23
    Shaman- 17
    Knife 1- 10
    Knife 2- 11
    Spear 1- 5
    Spear 2- 8
    Spear 3- 5
    Sword 1- 8

Sword 2- 0
    Sword 3- 0
    YOU
    Castor- 6
    Xeno- 7
    Auren- 20
    Barrack- 15
    Games I'm DMing
    Spoiler: A Depthless Sorrow- A Dungeon World Campaign
    Show

Games I'm playing

4. - Top - End - #334
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

With a weary wave of his hand Xeno sends another pair of arcane blasts towards the two remaining goblins, But the resulting increase in his headache makes him reel from exhaustion. Seeing that his attack dashed the goblins around without quite killing them, he collapses to the ground, landing on his posterior. Sitting there, he tries to nurse his head and wipe away the small nosebleed the exertion gave him, trusting his companions to finish of the greenskins.

When the fight is finally over, and the las goblins lie dead, Xeno looks around him, before letting out a resigned sigh. "I really wish we didn't have to kill..." He mutters demurely, although he notes that he doesn't feel nearly as bad about killing the goblins as he did in their last fight.
    Am I becoming used to hurting others or was that how I always was, deep down? If so, do I even want to remember...?

5. - Top - End - #335
    Bugbear in the Playground

Griffon

Castor has never been a fan of fair fights. As Xeno's magic knocks the goblins down, he quickly takes advantage of the opportunity to push his rapier through one goblin's eye socket. As the other struggles to get up, he places a hand on its shoulder and whispers into its ear. "Hold, friend. Your cause is lost here. But perhaps we can help one another. Help me, and I might convince them to spare your life. After all, that's what friends do."

Spoiler
    Show
    Castor casts Charm Person on the last goblin. (2d6+2)[7]