New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Trog's Tavern CCXLX

"I don't wanna leave, Evan, but I can't stay." Hotaru begins, not looking at him. "I'm never gonna change your mind on killing, and you're never gonna change mine. We can't decide never to bring it up, because it'll always come up."

She finally turns to him, tears in her sad eyes.

"I'm willing to forgo all my flings just to be with you in a serious manner, possibly even forever, but you aren't willing to forgo murder just to make me happy." She sobs. "Feels like we fixed one part just to undo another."

"I want you, Evan, but how do you think I'll feel knowing that you're out there, killing people because you feel it's necessary. I don't think I could bear that!"

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

Evan looks quite thoroughly exasperated in between the bouts of pain.

When was the last time I had work? I'm out. It's quite literally impossible for clients to contact me anymore. Please explain to me how I'm supposed to do that if they can't reach me and I can't reach them?

3. - Top - End - #33
    Orc in the Playground

"Well, I..." Hotaru sighs, a weary look on her face. It's like she's tired of talking about this. "Yeah, you're right... let's... just stop talking about this. You said we fixed everything, let's not undo what we've fixed."

Her maternal (or at least girlfriend) instinct takes over and she applies some electricity to deaden Evan's nerves temporarily. "You need some healing."

4. - Top - End - #34

Evan nods and holds in another shout as the electricity goes to his nerves.

I don't doubt it but I suspect they wont be able to fix everything. All the better right? I can't do my old line of work if I move like this.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Orc in the Playground

Hotaru gives him a flat look.

"If it means you'll be in pain, then no." She kneels down and examines the wound. "Now, let me pull the bullet out and cauterize the wound, if you'd like. Can't do anything about wrapping it up, unless you have a medkit."

6. - Top - End - #36

Evan shakes his head.

"The bullet is out and the trauma. I went looking into it. The damage is permanent. Running isn't high on the list of things I'll be doing."

7. - Top - End - #37

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    Filii rises, and tells the man to wait. He gets closer to the man so no one else can hear him.
    I'm here to become friends with you, that's obvious. The unclear part is why I need to do that. Are you b any chance supposed to be who I give information to?
    The man sights.He dislikes this so much, especially to repeat himself.

"Look, I was just told your going to tell me something. I don't have any idea of what and I said that a few times now. I thought your the one who knows."

It's bad, that Zefir kept the man as less informed as possible.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

8. - Top - End - #38
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DoomITP View Post
    Evan shakes his head.

"The bullet is out and the trauma. I went looking into it. The damage is permanent. Running isn't high on the list of things I'll be doing."
    "Aw, I'm so sorry, hun." Hotaru leans in to hug Evan, then leads him back to their seats.

9. - Top - End - #39

Evan shakes his head, trying to make himself appear not to be worried.

It is what it is. Everyone has something that forces them out of the game. It's usually death, so there's that.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Orc in the Playground

Hotaru strokes Evan's hair gently. "Don't worry, hun. With your shooting school and my going on adventures and repairing stuff for people, we could be all set! Plus, don't you have extra cash stashed somewhere?"

"I think I should train you to use kid gloves."

11. - Top - End - #41

"You don't want to know how much I have stashed away, " Evan says, darkly, "I'll just say that the amount there is... Indicative of how much work I have had over the years."

12. - Top - End - #42
    Barbarian in the Playground

A pastel pink glow briefly surrounds the door briefly as it opens, revealing a newcomer to the tavern on the other side! An interesting little creature, to be sure. Scarcely over a foot tall with long feet and a longer tail, covered in short pink fur and sporting wide blue eyes. A mew! A mew wearing a tiny flight jacket and an equally tiny pair of aviator's goggles. Around her left paw is some kind of fancy device that looks vaguely like a set of PokeGear.

How fancy!

Thankfully there aren't any swarms of children who should really be in school trying to capture the rather rare pokemon to add to their collections of fighting pets.

The mew floats into the tavern, glancing between her little wrist computer and a seemingly innocuous location up in the rafters. She squints up into the empty space as though focusing on something only she can see for a few minutes, flitting here and there around the tavern's common room to take in the sight from various angles. Eventually she gives a little nod to no one in particular and zips up between the beams.

Huh.

Wonder what she's doing up there?
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Orc in the Playground

"But it can support us, right?" Hotaru asks, looking straight at him.

Gotta ask the important questions.

14. - Top - End - #44

"There are hundreds of contracts worth in there," Evan says, warily, not wanting Hotaru angry at him again, "Yeah, it could."

15. - Top - End - #45

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post

"Oh. Oh my,"
    Eschelle's eyes widen slightly, but she doesn't seem too startled by this development. She merely seems... fascinated? "Well, then in that case, my dear... if I might ask, why is it you prevent this change? These discolorings of your skin, and whatever else must happen to you."

The ectoplasmoids continue scribbling something with Ambrosia's pen. Helping each other use the instrument of ink.
    Ambrosia blinks. "I thought that was obvious, I want to fit into human society. That's why I have this body in the first place. People back home tend to give you odd glances if your skin suddenly changes color."

16. - Top - End - #46
    Orc in the Playground

Hotaru, who was holding her breath, exhales slowly. "Right." She takes Evan's arm. "We can do this, baby."

"Besides, you underestimate how much one can earn without having to be lethal. I want to kill something, I go to Huntside. We should go hunting there one of these days."

((Hehe, now there's an idea, Doombro! If not now, then for Sniperkiri! :3))

17. - Top - End - #47

Evan nods, eyes heavy as he whips out his flask and takes a long drink out of it. In his mind what Evan really thinks is that at this point he would be a liability to anyone trying to get into a serious fight. The idea that he, once one of the best in his game had his career cut short by the same person that destroyed his Assassin's guild weighs heavily.

Yeah, we could do that.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Halfling in the Playground

"In case you haven't yet noticed, dear heart," Eschelle says to Ambrosia in a gently teasing voice, "We aren't living in a human society. It's alright here, darling. You aren't back home any more."
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

19. - Top - End - #49
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DoomITP View Post
    Evan nods, eyes heavy as he whips out his flask and takes a long drink out of it. In his mind what Evan really thinks is that at this point he would be a liability to anyone trying to get into a serious fight. The idea that he, once one of the best in his game had his career cut short by the same person that destroyed his Assassin's guild weighs heavily.

Yeah, we could do that.
    Hotaru nods, then rests her head on Evan's shoulder. "Your fighting days aren't over, Evan. I could make you a new leg, you know."

20. - Top - End - #50

Evan shakes his head, looking unnerved.

I'll deal with it. I'm not that busted up.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Orc in the Playground

Hotaru giggles softly. "You're cute when nervous. Don't worry, we don't have to." She sighs. "We can use nanites instead."

She gets up and takes Evan's hand. "Come on, let's go back to HALO."

22. - Top - End - #52

Evan nods and stands himself up, wincing as he does so and starts out the door towards HALO.

--

Rist, our resident new guy walks in right as Evan walks out, adjusting his moss green robes as he sets himself up at one of the tables near the door. He takes the hood off of his head, revealing his wiry black hair.

What a nice place.

Rist says to himself as he leans back in his chair.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Orc in the Playground

((Change of plans, Doom. Meeting of the new characters!!1!))

A doll-like android dressed in doctor's overalls walks into Trog's, a smile on her face. Her left eye is an unmoving orb of pink, while her right eye is a human eye with pink irises. Her bald head is connected to the rest of her green-skinned body by a thick but flexible cord that enables her to turn her head 360 degrees at all planes.

All in all, she looks rather uncanny and creepy.

The doll-like android looks around, her 'neck' swiveling in a 360 degree arc. After she reverses the motion, she walks up to Rist.

"Gweetings! I'm new to this wuvwy Twogs. May I sit here?"

24. - Top - End - #54

Rist is shocked to see the strange robot creature though he makes no mention and doesn't allow anything but his normal smile to be on his face.

That's fine by me, Madam. He says, standing to pull out a chair for the robot.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Orc in the Playground

"Oooh, a gentleman. How vewy nice."

The uncanny doll-like android sits down and makes herself comfortable.

"Human cowwtesy means you tell your name to a new pewson, so I'll start: Dr. Yelena, but call me Ilyona." She nods, or more accurately, bobs her head repeatedly. "The Nexus... I've heawd much about it! Especially the owganisms wesiding here... pewfect for my weseawch!"

26. - Top - End - #56

Rist maintains an admirable level of decorum.

My name is Rist, first War Priest of Suna.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Orc in the Playground

"Nice to meet you, Wist!"

Ilyona claps her hands happily - making a metallic sound - and leans forward, her head bobbing like a bobblehead doll and her human eye giving Rist a once-over.

"So you'we a waw pwiest? Oh, goodie! You must have stowies to tell!"

28. - Top - End - #58

Rist nods gravely, his eyes going slightly dull.

Oh, I've been many places, fought in many wars and helped to teach many young acolytes the things they need to be successful priests to Suna. It's been a long road.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Orc in the Playground

Ilyona notices Rist's eyes going slightly dull. "Dull eyes. Indicator that the human subject cares little for the subject matter, among other things. Waw nevaw changes, Wist. It's been very pwofitable for me, there's a lot of matewial faw my wesearch!"

Ilyona giggles, and the sound is... strange, like three people laughing together, off key. "It's always a busy time too, so many expewiments done!"

30. - Top - End - #60

Must say, I've never been much of a fan of watching people die for the sake of some nobleman's ego or desire for more of what he already has.