New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Default Re: Dark Age Vampire: Fountains of Bright Crimson IC

As the purple robed man is struck by Themistokle's arrow, the man with the brown robe attempts to grab Neith by her hair to drag her into the stables. "C'me here you brat!" he says. As he grabs Neith firmly by her hair, he slams her onto the floor. She can hear the man in the black cloak saying "Kill her, and make it quick." he says without a hint of remorse or pity despite the fact that she has the body of a child.
    Last edited by Shmee; 2015-08-07 at 06:30 PM.
    "Do not anger a bard...for you are silly, and would make for a funny song."

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ettin in the Playground

Neith

She cursed herself, first the sentry saw her, than the leader, than this newest assailiant - her sire had often critisised her on not spending enough time on the supernatural elements of her training ... but she had a financial empire to build Set blast it.

Her attempt to ward off the man had actually likely merely placed her arms in close proximity to him for grabbing - and not she had hit a wall. With luck Tebnit would kill his captive and rush to her rescue - if he heard the commotion and didn't merely feel it was not his place.

Still there was still time to salvage this if she began acting correctly.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ogre in the Playground

A piece of wood is in the leaders chest.

"Hey. Dog. Your betters are speaking to you. You need to listen."

What the hell just happened? He was there a moment ago. His bow is there certainly but he isn't. Themistokles is not where he was. Themistokles very nearly staked this guy!
    Spoiler
    Show

Rizban: You could be all, "Today's Destruction is brought to you by the color green.... I HATE GREEN!" then fly off mumbling to yourself "Seven... seven bats... mwa ha ha ha..."

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Everyone knows you can just parse XML with regex.
    Don't mind me. I'm just going to have some post traumatic flashbacks in the corner here and sob uncontrollably.

Millenium Earl by Shmee

4. - Top - End - #244
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

In a blur of motion, Themistokles throws his bow, and taking out a wooden stake, runs by Cecilia who is by the stable door, still struggling with her assailant and bursting into the stable throws himself against the man in the black robe as he attempts to stake the Kindred's heart. The Brujah's aim is true, and his reckless tactic nearly succeeds as the stake is driven deeper into his enemy's chest. However the stake chips the ribcage causing it to stop short from the heart. Fear and anger are written over the Kindred's face as he gives Themistokles a baleful look.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

He stands pondering what to do with the man...he himself has still not been seen but the girl Neith was likely to kill him or bind him...and then he hears the sounds of a struggle and his next decision becomes much easier. He calls to Teibnet in Arabic as he runs toward the commotion

"Stay and keep an eye on him! Your lady would be displeased if he got away!"

6. - Top - End - #246
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Menawhile, Cecilia is busy with the man dressed in purple, as she notices that he is about to strike her with his dagger once more, the Cappadocian attempts to grab her assailant's hand and slip her fingers between his grip on the weapon, in order to disarm him. However Cecilia finds that the man's grip on the dagger is rock solid, as she is unable to remove it. The man in purple gives an evil leer as he finds the opportunity to plunge the dagger deep into Cecilia's side, digging it deep up to the hilt, and does an upward motion towards her withered lungs.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

The man dressed in black growls at Themistokles "Impudent fool! You shall learn who is the better in here!" as he stretches out his right arm towards the Brujah. For a moment the man focuses on his enemy, as his fingers begin to tremble under an invisible power. His eyes seem to radiate an aura of power as he makes a motion towards Themistokles, as if he was beckoning him to approach.

All of a sudden, Themistokles is wracked with unspeakable pain throughout his entire body. Every vein in his body feels as if hot molten lead had been poured through it as the Brujah's vitae begins to seep from his mouth, nose, ears and eyes to form a bloody globe in front of the robed man. With another motion of his hand, the stolen blood floats towards the man who proceeds to consume it.

He looks at Themistokles with a malicious grin, as if thanking the Brujah for the wonderful meal.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ogre in the Playground

Themistokles shakes. And convulses. That could not have been a pleasant experience.

... Why is he smiling?

Out come sword and shield. And the smile widens.

"Heh. This is getting interesting. Hey dog? How do you want to be remembered. It's an important decision! This is fine for me, but... are you sure this is how you want your final moments? Just want you to know your options here."
    Spoiler
    Show

Rizban: You could be all, "Today's Destruction is brought to you by the color green.... I HATE GREEN!" then fly off mumbling to yourself "Seven... seven bats... mwa ha ha ha..."

Don't mind me. I'm just going to have some post traumatic flashbacks in the corner here and sob uncontrollably.

Millenium Earl by Shmee

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ettin in the Playground

Neith

She had wanted to establish herself as in control of this situation, and instead had been grabbed - a hazardous situation for an creature in a grip of one of her kind, threshing frantically her blood infused limbs combined with her unnatural strength hoping to break herself free.
    Spoiler: Roll
    Show

Strength+Brawl: (3d10)[3][6][2](11)
    +1 automatic success from potence
    +1 automatic success from a will power point.

Tebnit
    He was unsure about everything ignoring the frenchman could be hazardous but not being there for Neith could be fatal. Holding his blade to execute his captive he would give it a few more seconds and than decide.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

The Setite uses her enhanced power to liberate herself. With a massive tug, she manages to free herself, at the cost of her beautiful hair, as the man in brown is left holding a tuft of it in his hand. As she frees herself, she moves out of the way, as the enemy's wicked fangs narrowly missing her.
    Last edited by Shmee; 2015-08-18 at 08:01 AM.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ogre in the Playground

*splat*

Blood hits the floor. And then again.

And again as a whirl of steel collides with dead flesh.

The strikes seem to be landing even faster than his body is able to react to it.

But he's not out yet.

"You still exist yet still? Yeah I can see why they made you top dog."
    Spoiler
    Show

Millenium Earl by Shmee

12. - Top - End - #252
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

The man in the black robes falls to his knees as the Brujah's strikes are so fast that one would just see a blur. Spitting blood, the man barks an order to the other two "Burn them! Burn them all!" he screams in desperation.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

The man in purple hears the order, but instead chooses to ignore it. Perhaps he didn't have the means to follow it. Perhaps he feared the effects of an open flame so close to him. Or perhaps he was confident that he would soon kill this nun standing in front of him. Either way, the man plunges his dagger into Cecilia's stomach.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Troll in the Playground

{Sister Cecilia}

Cecilia will attempt to dodge his attack by spinning out of the knifes way (likely no all too successfully, mind). She will then spend a WP, regardless, and grab for his dagger arm to whither it away.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

15. - Top - End - #255
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Pain shoots through Cecilia's stomach as she is stabbed by the wicked dagger. As her enemy pulls it out, she finds an opening and simply touches his arm with but a finger. It may have been but the slightest of touches, but it was enough for the Cappadocian to demonstrate her power over death, for the moment her finger touches the arm, it immediately begins to shrivel, the skin turning to a mummified brown color, the muscles deteriorating to uselessness and the bone turning brittle. As the hand becomes a crippled claw, like those of the crippled beggars seen begging on the streets of many cities, the man begins to scream in horror realizing what had just happened. As his hand is too weak to even hold firm the dagger in his hand, he drops it on the ground.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ogre in the Playground

"For last words I'd have gone with 'Can I have another glass?', but it's your literal funeral."

*THOCK*

This mans head falls on to the ground first, and then his body slumps forward.

"Me, I'd surrender right about now and look for the chance to escape. That sound like a good plan to either of you?"
    Spoiler
    Show

Millenium Earl by Shmee

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ettin in the Playground

Neith

Free at last she used her enhanced strength to launch herself at his neck ready crush it in her grasp.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

Strength+Brawl:(4d10)[6][1][8][1](16)+1 potence.
    Damage:(3d10)[5][6][2](13)+1 potence.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

The man in the brown cloak is focusing his powers, causing his palm to begin to grow brightly, however at that moment he had underestimated his opponent due to the fact that she is a child, and is caught by surprise by her unexpected ferocity as she lunges towards him to attempt to crush his neck. Yet while Neith is unable to muster enough strength to damage him, at such close range, the man decides that unleashing his power over the flame would be way to risky. He'd have to get this little monster off of him first.
    Last edited by Shmee; 2015-08-19 at 11:44 AM.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ogre in the Playground

"Excuse me, your friend needs to die more than you do. Back in a moment."

Themistokles steps out of the stable, and then in front of Cecilia's assailant. He gives the guy a smirk.
    Spoiler
    Show

Millenium Earl by Shmee

20. - Top - End - #260
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

As the brown cloaked man is busy trying to fight off Neith, he yells out "They've killed Obfusco!" as Themistokles runs by the stable entrance to stand between the purple cloaked man and the wounded Cecilia. The horror is written on the man's face as he faces the Brujah unarmed and with his entire arm withered. As the Brujah is busy taunting him, the man focuses his power, and his hand begins to glow intensely with light. In a move of pure desperation, he throws a flame the size of his palm to Themistokles. To hell with the consequences.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ogre in the Playground

And without him really thinking about it too hard the cloak comes off, is wrapped up in a little ball, and flung off into the distance.

He shakes a little.
    Last edited by Xuincherguixe; 2015-08-21 at 06:50 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Millenium Earl by Shmee

22. - Top - End - #262
    Troll in the Playground

Cecilia, not much of a fighter as it is, stays behind Themistokles and burns another BP to heal herself.
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2015-08-24 at 06:05 PM.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ettin in the Playground

Neith

Fangs extended she used her strength to drag herself close to try and rip off the man's lower jaw.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

Dexterity + Brawl: (4d10)[7][8][6][1](22)
    10s: (4d10)[6][5][6][4](21)

Damage: (4d10)[3][6][3][1](13) + 1 potence.
    Additional rolls: (4d10)[2][2][6][6](16)

24. - Top - End - #264
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Using her wicked fangs, Neith bites into her enemy's face in a display of pure savagery. The bite is not as deep as she had wanted, but she does manage to tear a chunk of her enemy's lower jaw, leaving the skin hanging and giving him a perpetual sneer. The man with the brown cloak attempts to grab the Setite in order to squeeze her in return, but perhaps due to the pain of her attack, is unable to muster enough energy to harm her.

25. - Top - End - #265
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

He freezes behind Themistokles, dagger in hand. The signs of Thaumaturgy were unmistakable...he recognized the Via Ignus though did not practice it himself. A hundred thoughts flash through his head...are these distant clansmen...thieves who took their secrets for themselves...

...he was here on Trigus's orders so anything he did was Trigus's fault. And the best bet for now is to eliminate all evidence of his involvement, which Themistokles seemed to be doing a fine job of.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Am I able to default to an attack? And does increasing an attribute with blood cost an action?

26. - Top - End - #266
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Their leader had met his final death, his hand was withered and the tide of the fight seems to be against him. Worse of all, the man in the purple robe was not sure if he could harm the Brujah enough before he met a similar fate to the one Themistokles had killed inside. Therefore with his survival instincts kicking in, the man in the purple robe turns around and begins to run down the street as fast as his legs can carry him.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ogre in the Playground

Those instincts apparently were correct, though just a little bit too slow. This conclusion could be made due to the nasty wound that has appeared over the purple cloaked rogue's back.

"That might be the first sensible thing any of you have done tonight."
    Spoiler
    Show

Millenium Earl by Shmee

28. - Top - End - #268
    Troll in the Playground

Cecilia, seeing the vampire in purple fleeing, turns to keep the brown cloaked one from doing the same.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ettin in the Playground

Neith

Trying to line herself up for a better bite she failed to account for her own enhances strenght and ripped a section of the robe of the man as though it were made from flimsy paper, leaving her finding herself dropping to stand on the ground with rags in her hands, as the man's own strenght left him where he was.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

As the brown robed man is occupied with Neith, Edouard comes up behind him dagger in hand. He is less a warrior than a surgeon, or vivisector and he deftly slides his blade into the other man, twists, and jerks it through just the right path of flesh to cause nothing short of catastrophe to the body left behind. Blood may either fountain, bubble, or seep depending on the man's state, but he himself will have felt quite horribly used.