New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

View Poll Results: Should Miko lose her paladin powers... AGAIN?

Voters
87. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

22 25.29%
  • No

22 25.29%
  • Thog should fall.

43 49.43%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Halfling in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: Is Miko Responsible?

Guys, he's kidding around. This is so obviously a joke (and a funny one, too, I might add) that it's a bit ridiculous that some people are treating it seriously.

I voted yes; I just want to see Miko get knocked out again. That was awesome.

On a serious note, I wonder how Roy's death--fighting Xykon, no less--will affect Miko? Will that finally convince her that she was wrong?
    Proud member of the Fan Club

"Nothing says 'Condolences on the loss of your uncle' like a ninja death squad in the night."

2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground

I think Miko is blameless. In fact, she did her best to prevent this tragedy, by doing for the man who is truly responsible for Roy's death...

Shojo.

I mean, really. Azure City is a city. Shojo could totally have bankrupted the treasury to give Roy a Cloak of Overland Flight, a Helm of Spell Resistance 35, and a +5 Holy Axiomatic Undead-Bane Greatsword that can do Bludgeoning damage at will.

Skinflint.
    If you like my thoughts, you'll love my writing. Visit me at www.mishahandman.com.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Firbolg in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Friv View Post
    I mean, really. Azure City is a city. Shojo could totally have bankrupted the treasury to give Roy a Cloak of Overland Flight, a Helm of Spell Resistance 35, and a +5 Holy Axiomatic Undead-Bane Greatsword that can do Bludgeoning damage at will.
    Well, he might have, if he was ALIVE.
    Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    I can't find the one with the "cartoon butt," though.
    OK, finally tracked the Naked Superheroes guy down
    What do you see as being objectionable about it? The use of the word "bimbos"?
    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    There are no nipples or genitals
    Looks like a nipple when I look close.
    Then don't look close.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ElfLad View Post
    No, I'm saying she should have negative paladin powers. Duh.
    That would be awesome.

"I am an anti-paladin"

"You mean a Blackguard?"

"No, I subtract my charisma from saving throws and I have the ability to banish random horses to the celestial realm."
    "that nighted, penguin-fringed abyss" - At The Mountains of Madness, H.P. Lovecraft

When a man decides another's future behind his back, it is a conspiracy. When a god does it, it's destiny.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Closet_Skeleton View Post
    That would be awesome.

"I am an anti-paladin"

"You mean a Blackguard?"

"No, I subtract my charisma from saving throws and I have the ability to banish random horses to the celestial realm."
    Thats awesome...

6. - Top - End - #36
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Miko should fall even more, yes. The whole "negative paladin levels" that someone mentioned above.

... and then she should be trampled to death by a horde of rampaging marmots.

... and then her entrails devoured by slow-moving acidic leeches.

... and then Redcloak should raise her fetid, devoured corpse to serve as a lowly undead minion for several hundred years.

... and that's just the beginning!
    Grand Vizier of Necromancy, Xykon Fan Club

My absolutely FANTASTIC avatar is due to the outstanding skills of Threeshades. I am eternally grateful!

7. - Top - End - #37
    Bugbear in the Playground

I think Miko lost her power BECAUSE of this future event ;) Many argue that killing Shojo wasn't "evil" per se.... but causing the death of Roy (being LG) now that is the reason of Miko's fall.

The twelve gods had foresee this.
    Chibi rules.
    Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Barbarian in the Playground

MindFlayer

No, please! Falling once bleached her to a dull tan. Falling twice would probably make her an albino and when that happens it's only time before she whips out a soul-sucking sword and really makes a mess of things.
    "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic" - Joseph Stalin

9. - Top - End - #39
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by spectheintro View Post
    On a serious note, I wonder how Roy's death--fighting Xykon, no less--will affect Miko? Will that finally convince her that she was wrong?
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I knew it! Greenhilt's sole purpose of "assisting" was to free himself from life and become a powerful undead by Xykon's side, all while looking deceptively like a hero! That despicable evildoer shall know my blade, intimately!"
    a secret to everybody.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Halfling in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    "I knew it! Greenhilt's sole purpose of "assisting" was to free himself from life and become a powerful undead by Xykon's side, all while looking deceptively like a hero! That despicable evildoer shall know my blade, intimately!"
    Yeah, I wouldn't put that past her, but still...

I'm not a fan of Miko (she is the picture-perfect example of how paladins are NOT supposed to be) but I think she has plenty of potential and would like to see her start on the path of good again.
    Proud member of the Fan Club

"Nothing says 'Condolences on the loss of your uncle' like a ninja death squad in the night."

11. - Top - End - #41
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll quote myself

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Setra View Post
    That filthy honourless dog has finally met his end! He should have known that evil turns on itself!

12. - Top - End - #42
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Assassinfox View Post
    By the logic of the people clamoring for Belkar to instantly drop dead just because of some vague statements about his birthday cake and the twisted reasoning that claims he's the cause of Roy's death, Miko is also the cause of Roy's death and should be punished accordingly.
    1. Belkar hasn't had his birthday, so he hasn't enjoyed his next birthday cake, so he's probably going to live through the battle (unless he had a birthday off camera). Anyone claiming otherwise is not using logic
    2. The oracle really likes giving answers that can be stretched to cover the question without really answering the question, and Belkar's prophecy could easily be this type of answer. Belkar caused the death of Roy just like the oots cause the weakening of the fabric of space and time... Everyone in the oots except for Elan thought they were going to get convicted, and the oots only got off because Shojo cheated the system.
    4. Even if Miko caused Roy's death, A. Causing the death of Roy isn't the same thing as being responsibly for the death or Roy, nor is it necessarily an evil act. B. She's: not a paladin anymore, has already lost her paladin abilities, so isn't punished other than by civil means even if she commits more evil and chaotic acts

13. - Top - End - #43
    Pixie in the Playground

Its obviously Durkons Fault! if he had chosen the ring of jumping here then Belkar never would have been able to give it to Roy!