New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1482
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: Blood Bowl ITP III: Where You Either Win or Blame Nuffle... Sometimes Both

Shishnarfne - I forget what side of the US you are on. Either way I'm not around next weekend, or indeed most of this week.

If you're east coast can probably do any evening next week. Else, next weekend.
    Managing the Wymbildon Warpstoners in Gitp Rookie League - Mutations for EVERYONE!

Head Necromancer of The BlackHearse Boneheads in Gitp Main league - Come on lads, it's not like they can kill you twice!

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Blood Bowl ITP III: Where You Either Win or Blame Nuffle... Sometimes Both

Match complete; lizards beat vampires 2-1.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

3. - Top - End - #1053
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

I've left a message for Shiashnarfne on Steam, but I shall repeat it here - I'm going to be free all day and night Friday, so just give me a nudge whenever you're around. I can do Saturday too, but if we leave it until Sunday than I'll struggle to find time, and even then only before 2pm (GMT).
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

4. - Top - End - #1054
    Dwarf in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Wraith I can either do thursday night or REALLY late Friday.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny
    (")_(") to help him gain world domination.

5. - Top - End - #1055

Griffon

What is 'really late', please? For reference, as I write this message it's 4:30am GMT, and I've tentatively agreed to play Shishnarfne around 11pm Friday. Is 11pm or perhaps midnight on Thursday a possibility?

6. - Top - End - #1056
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Smashers of Sotek 2 - 1 Champions of Dread

A great game we both had a lot of fun with, with such hilarity as a fireball which, despite being targeted on 5 of the Champions, failed to take down a single one of them (Crummy Wizard), a Minotaur getting crowdsurfed by a skink, all of the skinks remaining standing until turn 15, despite 3 Saurus going down (2 in the first turn, one badly hurt and one KOed, who never once got up), and levels for both the Krox and the Minotaur (Finally).

Frustratingly, a -MA on a saurus was rerolled into -AV, and while I was debating which to take, settling onto -AV, the timer ran out just as I was about to click it. So it's -MA. Bugger.

Cheers for the game Devmaar, looking forward to playing against you again later.

7. - Top - End - #1057

Griffon

Hammersjurg Destroyers 1 - 2 The Suns Children

Froish spent 6 turns grinding his way down the pitch to score the opening touchdown, and then the Norse sprinted through the line and made a short pass a bunch of GFI's to level the score at the crack of half time. Frankly, having not played Norse since the end of the last season in June, I was feeling proud of myself - my boys outran Skinks!

Unfortunately the dice turned against me in Norse 14/Lizard 13, and despite recovering fairly well from a ball-stealing Blitz that I didn't see coming an opportunity to surf 3 Saurus in one turn turned into one surf (no injury) and a double Both Down on my Yhetee Star Player. This more or less cost me the game, as Amaratsu the MA9 AG5 Skink ran off with the ball and there wasn't a damn thing that I could do about it. To add insult to injury, the only serious injury on my side was -AG on a 0SPP Berzerker who got the MVP just before he was fired - his predecessor took over 20 games to get that much experience!

Well done, sir. I shouldn't have put so much effort into trying to push your Saurus off the pitch and you capitalized just as you needed to. I take solace in not receiving the complete and utter mauling that I was expecting from the beginning

8. - Top - End - #1058
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maethirion View Post
    Frustratingly, a -MA on a saurus was rerolled into -AV, and while I was debating which to take, settling onto -AV, the timer ran out just as I was about to click it. So it's -MA. Bugger.
    Don't be too hasty to curse yourself - there is a very good case to be made that -MA would have been the better choice in the first place.
    This signature is boring. The stuff I write might not be. Warning: Ponies.

9. - Top - End - #1059
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maethirion View Post
    Smashers of Sotek 2 - 1 Champions of Dread

A great game we both had a lot of fun with, with such hilarity as a fireball which, despite being targeted on 5 of the Champions, failed to take down a single one of them (Crummy Wizard), a Minotaur getting crowdsurfed by a skink, all of the skinks remaining standing until turn 15, despite 3 Saurus going down (2 in the first turn, one badly hurt and one KOed, who never once got up), and levels for both the Krox and the Minotaur (Finally).

Cheers for the game Devmaar, looking forward to playing against you again later.
    For me the highlight was a skink snake-eyes on a dodge immediately followed by a hobgoblin snake-eyes on a pickup.

And the centaurs survived
    from the game Tales of Aequar: Runite's Rise. Drawn by the DM, CoffeeIncluded

10. - Top - End - #1060

Griffon

Liber Diabolica 1 - 1 Certainly Not Hobbits

I hate treeman almost as much as I hate filthy not-hobbitses. A very close fought match that, for the sake of a 3+ dodge and a 3+ pass, could have been a 2-1 win to Chaos in the final turn. So very, very salty.....

Having said that, Shishnarfne continues his run as the Weird Team expert and played such that I think it could very easily have gone the other way at any point between turn 11 and 15, but again for the sake of a pass. Thanks again for the game, sir!

We also say goodbye to my Beastman, Custard-es, who was killed stone-dead with the first Treeman Block of the game. Such is Blood Bowl, honestly I miss the name and the reference more than the player. His replacement will be announced shortly, just as soon as inspiration strikes.

===========================

The day has been rolled onward - Zinc hasn't been online in over a month as I just looked, so I'm going to assume that he's bailed on the League. Oh well.

Calender for Week 02:
    Reg'lar Hoomanz (Zinc) vs. Liber Diabolica (Wraith)
    Peexar Reeanimation Studio (Deadline) vs. Big Red's Bubblegum Brawlas (Grytorm)
    Certainly Not Hobbits (Shishnarfne) vs. The Phanci Phoenixs (Unpronounceable)
    Corrupting Vices (nhbdy) vs. Dwarfcraft Reign of Chaos (CareemSoda)

Cheesy Comestibles Club (Silfir) vs. Grateful Dead (Manticoran)
    Hellborn Hooligans Reborn (ShadowFighter) vs. Passers and Pushovers (Maethirion)
    Aristocracy of ze Night (LCP) vs. Thunder and Fury (Devmaar)
    Final-Fantasy (Qwaz) vs. EnterTeam Nam Here (Qwertystop)

Have fun!

11. - Top - End - #1061
    Barbarian in the Playground

I disconnect partway through, but it was 2-0 and he was about to make it 3-0, so we've agreed to let the concede stand. Annoying, since I needed 10k more to get another Tomb Guardian to replace the one lost in my last game, but he was super clearly winning.

12. - Top - End - #1062
    Dwarf in the Playground

Qwertystop: Im gonna add you on steam so we can organise something

13. - Top - End - #1063
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwaz View Post
    Qwertystop: Im gonna add you on steam so we can organise something
    Great. I've got most of today and tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

14. - Top - End - #1064
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey LCP, you being in the same time zone as me might actually make this harder

Are you free tomorrow afternoon or evening though?

EDIT: if you can avoid the atp final that would be ideal
    Last edited by Devmaar; 2015-11-21 at 06:27 PM.

15. - Top - End - #1065
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Hey nhbdy, my availability throughout the week is from 6:30 CST to 12:00 AM CST, and all weekend. What times are good for you to play? If it's a weekday, I would prefer not on a Wednesday, but i can make do with any day.
    Last edited by careem soda; 2015-11-21 at 06:22 PM.
    Gunblade is love, Gunblade is life.

16. - Top - End - #1066
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, I'm around tomorrow. When's good?
    Spoiler: My Games
    Show

WFRP 2E - Tales of Perilous Adventure
    The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

Dark Heresy 1E - Wake of the Byzantium
    Episodes: I, II, III, IV, V

WFRP 2E - The Bloody Crown
    Threads: I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X

17. - Top - End - #1067
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LCP View Post
    Yeah, I'm around tomorrow. When's good?
    Ideally we could start between 2-5, I'll be online

18. - Top - End - #1068
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Passers and Pushovers 2 - 1 Hellborn Hooligans Reborn

Quite honestly I didn't deserve to win this one. Shadowfighter played extremely well - the entire first half I was tearing my hair out just because I didn't feel like I could do anything. Ending the first half 1-0 down, I was hoping for a draw, but not expecting it. While I feel like I played well for the first touchdown, the second was entirely off the back of a lucky Blitz! result letting me get a tackle zone on the Hooligan's dedicated ball picker-upper while a catcher went for the ball, and tie up the rest of the squad so they couldn't get back to support him quickly enough. Even that wouldn't have sufficed if a both down hadn't rerolled into an attacker down. All that said, I was still forced to make a dodge for the touchdown on turn 15. The dice really went my way, rather than the play.

I did slightly enjoy that the only actual injury of the game was inflicted by the elves - the Passers seem to be quite bloodthirsty, even if their passer has failed 7 attempts to pick up the ball in a row (counting rerolls).
    Last edited by Maethirion; 2015-11-21 at 10:00 PM.

19. - Top - End - #1069
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by careem soda View Post
    Hey nhbdy, my availability throughout the week is from 6:30 CST to 12:00 AM CST, and all weekend. What times are good for you to play? If it's a weekday, I would prefer not on a Wednesday, but i can make do with any day.
    Apologies, but I am getting ready to travel currently, and will for all intents and purposes be without internet for about a week. I'll be back a week from monday. Tuesday (the 1st) looks ideal in the evening, sound ok to you?

20. - Top - End - #1070
    Titan in the Playground

@Devmaar - online now, will try to catch you before 5.
    Show

The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

21. - Top - End - #1071
    Titan in the Playground

Aristocracy of ze Night 2 - 0 Thunder and Fury.

A match in which the fragile armour of the Norse proved to be a real... pain in the neck.
    Show

The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

22. - Top - End - #1072

Griffon

I'd have bet that you run out of puns before you would've pictures of Dwarfs, but it is only a comparatively short league....

23. - Top - End - #1073
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by nhbdy View Post
    Apologies, but I am getting ready to travel currently, and will for all intents and purposes be without internet for about a week. I'll be back a week from monday. Tuesday (the 1st) looks ideal in the evening, sound ok to you?
    Sounds like a plan to me.
    Gunblade is love, Gunblade is life.

24. - Top - End - #1074
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    I'd have bet that you run out of puns before you would've pictures of Dwarfs, but it is only a comparatively short league....
    I... Count see how that would happen.

no no don't use them up you fool
    Last edited by LCP; 2015-11-22 at 05:31 PM.
    Show

The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

25. - Top - End - #1075
    Troll in the Playground

@Grytorm, I'm available I'm available any day this week after 8 PM MST (I believe that's GMT -7). Let me know what works for you. Also, I believe I've added you on Steam (I'm CthonicMnemonic).
    Awesome avatar by Iron Penguin!

Signature of Holding

26. - Top - End - #1076
    Dwarf in the Playground

Final-Fantasy are finally off the starting blocks

Final-Fantasy 2 - 0 EnterTeam Nam Here

Match went unexpectedly. EnterTeam's lack of block and only 1 re-roll did not screw them nearly as often as I hoped. It did just enough that the elves could capitalize and get a touchdown.

Second half a quick sure fire 2turnTD was thwarted by failing to roll a 3+ with a re-roll to pass (there was a 2+ w/ re-roll to catch that never got to be attempted too i suppose). What followed was a mess of blocking and not enough turn-overs! Flip side the AV7, while regularly broken didn't lead to too many injuries. Vivi tried to Die again but was cured and Cid got a niggle. Eventually I scored in my turn 16 and there was just a little blocking left before full time.

Save what i consider to be a very unnecessary T16 foul on an unskilled lineman (Qwerty has his reasons I just don't agree with them) it was an enjoyable game. Frustrating for both of us in paces but good fun. Thanks Qwerty.

EDIT - must have mis-typed the score above. Apologies
    Last edited by Qwaz; 2015-11-24 at 07:46 AM.

27. - Top - End - #1077
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deadline View Post
    @Grytorm, I'm available I'm available any day this week after 8 PM MST (I believe that's GMT -7). Let me know what works for you. Also, I believe I've added you on Steam (I'm CthonicMnemonic).
    Wednesday through Friday would probably be the best for me.

28. - Top - End - #1078
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey Tasroth - Whenever I'm online on Steam is probably a workable time get our match done! Would be cool if we could make it happens this weekend or before.
    This signature is boring. The stuff I write might not be. Warning: Ponies.

29. - Top - End - #1079
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Just a heads up to the commissioners. I had a chat with shishnarfne and it looks like we've got some scheduling difficulties (i was away all last week he's away all this one) we will hopefully catch each other sunday night but I might be busy and won't know till sunday morning.
    Managing the Wymbildon Warpstoners in Gitp Rookie League - Mutations for EVERYONE!

Head Necromancer of The BlackHearse Boneheads in Gitp Main league - Come on lads, it's not like they can kill you twice!

30. - Top - End - #1080
    Titan in the Playground

Ruinous Rampagers 3 - 0 Scourges of God. The Rampagers started the season as they mean to go on, sending four of the Scourges to hospital and one to the morgue; they were abetted in their campaign of GBH by Nuffle, who blew away the rain on their receiving drive, then proceeded to give them one Blitz and two Perfect Defences while cursing Thufir's remaining ghoul with endless fumbled pickups.

Thanks for the game, Thufir.
    Show

The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb