New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

Default Re: Blood Bowl ITP III: Where You Either Win or Blame Nuffle... Sometimes Both

I have to admit, while I enjoyed the challenge of such a good coach behind a team that at least matches mine in stubborn, refuse-to-leave-the-pitch players, I'm very disappointed with how I played.

Your touchdown felt like amateur hour on my part. I simply didn't expect your Beastman to make the Dodge into a Blitz, freeing up the guy who went on to score. I could certainly have done more to inconvenience your Thrower too, rather than just looking at him funny and hoping for AG3 to do it's not-AG4 thing. That's what I get for type-casting Nurgle as the slow team, despite their Beastmen and AG3 Rotters....
    Not to mention kicking myself when the second half began - I was so intent on keeping your Beast occupied with a tough roadblock, I moved a crucial Guard-Blocker in front of him and replaced him with my Runner, thus leaving a crucial weakness on the LoS that meant you still had 2 dice blocks on everyone, instead of 1 dice or 2-dice against.
    Had I done that properly, it might have changed the whole outcome of the half instead of giving you a bunch of free targets to beat on....

Oh, well. As the saying goes, "I'll get you next time, Gadget!" Thanks for the game.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

2. - Top - End - #92
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: Blood Bowl ITP III: Where You Either Win or Blame Nuffle... Sometimes Both

Pair of matches played:

Main League:

Boneheads 1-1 Barovia World Tour: The definition of a hard fought draw, Vampires won the toss and kicked, got a blitz and judicious use of hypnotic gaze gave them an easy turn 2 touchdown. The boneheads recovered and ran in a turn 8 equalizer.

Second half descended into a violent brawl in the center of the pitch. The vampires, after being abstemious for the first half, were ravenous in the second which slowed them down and allowed the undead to get stuck in. A Ghoul managed to get the ball and make a last minute run for the touchline to give the undead the win but was brought down by Count S von Z
    Rookie League:

Okami ye Faithful 2-0 Wymblidon Warpstoners.

The undead won the toss and decided to kick, things looked promising for the underworld at first and their cage made it most of the way down the pitch before getting bogged down and the poor goblin ball carrier getting stamped on by a flesh golem. A Ghoul picked up the ball and made a break for it and then had a free run as the mercenary goblin fell over GFI'd to provide an assist giving the undead a 1-0 lead at half time.

Second half was quite grim for the Warpstoners as they were down 4 players which soon became 6. There was a brief glimmer of hope when a goblin took down the wight ball carrier with a 2-dAgainst block and recovered the ball but he was soon taken down and the undead made it 2-0.

Any chance for a consolation touch down was dashed when the troll, after concentrating admirably all game, decided to stare off into space instead of throwing his team mate.

Thanks for the games both of you.
    Managing the Wymbildon Warpstoners in Gitp Rookie League - Mutations for EVERYONE!

Head Necromancer of The BlackHearse Boneheads in Gitp Main league - Come on lads, it's not like they can kill you twice!

3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

Thufir, I'm not sure where you disappeared to after your game with Wraith (or why you didn't reply to my messages), but I can't wait around any longer for you tonight.

4. - Top - End - #94

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Oni View Post
    Thufir, I'm not sure where you disappeared to after your game with Wraith (or why you didn't reply to my messages), but I can't wait around any longer for you tonight.
    We agreed to play in the evening. I went afk for a bit after the match, but in any case I didn't have enough time to play another match before going out for my final performance of Pirates (which was earlier than the weekday ones) - that being why we agreed to play in the evening.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    We agreed to play in the evening. I went afk for a bit after the match, but in any case I didn't have enough time to play another match before going out for my final performance of Pirates (which was earlier than the weekday ones) - that being why we agreed to play in the evening.
    Unless my clock is broken, 7:30pm is in the evening. Perhaps it might have been more fruitful for both of us for you to mention what times you would have been available this evening?

6. - Top - End - #96
    Dwarf in the Playground

Well, why don't you both agree a time you can make tomorrow?
    Last edited by Qwaz; 2015-06-20 at 05:25 PM.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Titan in the Playground

Euphonic Cadence 4 : Spartak's Blud Bowl Klub 1

Nuffle took an instant dislike to me from turn 1, from my troll failing a 2+ Really Stupid roll, to the riot that gave me a turn less to beat up his players (not that it mattered as in standard form for this season, the orcs suffered the only injuries of the match), to the goblin bombardier star player mis-throwing his bomb, injuring himself and stunning a Black Orc while he was at it,

After that it was simple elfbowl, from one dice blocks going Thufir's way, to my two dice blocks failing to achieve anything, and a thrown rock adding to the orc misery.

Only two pieces of luck went the orcs' way - a KO'd elf went off and stayed off the whole game and a pitch invasion that knocked over only elves (although it was rather pointless on turn 14 and 4:1 down). However a chance to score another orc touchdown went pearshaped as I discovered Throw Teammate counts as a throw, so the troll and gobbo with the ball sat in the middle of a bunch of stunned elves looking rather sheepish until the elves stood up next turn and only a lucky ball scatter to a stood up elf stopped the scoreline being 5:1.

I'm finding elves to be incredibly frustrating to play against. I've read all the guides I can find, but I need (and want) to practice more - is the only option to play hotseat against myself?

8. - Top - End - #98
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'd advise open league. I got dark elves there.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwaz View Post
    I'd advise open league. I got dark elves there.
    Cool. Is it all right if I bug you for a game the next time I see you on?

10. - Top - End - #100

Griffon

I've been thinking of looking more closely at High Elves lately, I might drop them into the Open League soon. You're welcome to take a crack at them, when I do.

I have reasonably new-ish Wood Elves in Auld World also - if you don't mind rolling up a new team or signing one up in there for a while, I'm happy to play with them too.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

I've got some high elves in the Open League, too.
    This signature is boring. The stuff I write might not be. Warning: Ponies.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Dwarf in the Playground

Cool. Is it all right if I bug you for a game the next time I see you on?
    Yeah. Not a problem. If im free im all yours.

EDIT
    Oh and super speedy rate of match play continues...Team Hippy 2 - 0 Imperial Space Corps

The first half was a mess. After finally recovering the ball from Luzahn's cage; I attempt to pass to a catcher to run it out of reach only to be intercepted and the whole mess to start back up again!
    Both big guys scored casualties late on in the second half but nothing permanent stuck on either side.
    Last edited by Qwaz; 2015-06-21 at 12:59 AM.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

Wow, new round already?

Tasroth, let me know when you're available for our match
    Spoiler: My Games
    Show

WFRP 2E - Tales of Perilous Adventure
    The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

Dark Heresy 1E - Wake of the Byzantium
    Episodes: I, II, III, IV, V

WFRP 2E - The Bloody Crown
    Threads: I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X

14. - Top - End - #104
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LCP View Post
    Wow, new round already?

Tasroth, let me know when you're available for our match
    I'm free most afternoons/evening, so I can try to catch you on steam. Sometime this evening would be possible if you're available. Otherwise, whatever day works for you this coming week, I can be pretty flexible.
    What do you mean "Dungeon Master" isn't a proper job?

Thanks to Thufir for the avatar.

D&D Characters Past and Present:
    Spoiler
    Show

The Honest Man (3.5 LG human fighter), Princess Kailee (4e Good elf cleric), Elric (4e Good human paladin)
    Talia Dakashnit (3.5 CE human fighter), Gabriel Stryfe (d20 Modern fast hero), Tacin Willow (3.5 NG human fighter//bard)

GitP Blood Bowl Legacy League - Season 3 recruiting

15. - Top - End - #105
    Titan in the Playground

Might be around this evening - will see if I can catch you.
    Show

The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

16. - Top - End - #106
    Titan in the Playground

Shishnarfne, I'm playing you in the Legacy League and Devmarr, you in the Rookie League. When would be a good time for both of you?

I'm available evenings BST and most times on the weekends.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Gnoman, I've added you on steam, when is good for our game?

I'm not sure what time zone you're on but I'm off work all week so can stay up late/get up early as needed, I'll be around mon-thursday but away fri-sunday
    Managing the Wymbildon Warpstoners in Gitp Rookie League - Mutations for EVERYONE!

Head Necromancer of The BlackHearse Boneheads in Gitp Main league - Come on lads, it's not like they can kill you twice!

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

Shishnarfne, I'm playing you in the Legacy League and Devmarr, you in the Rookie League. When would be a good time for both of you?

I'm available evenings BST and most times on the weekends.
    This post made me think I'd dreamed an entire Blood Bowl match including reaction posts in this thread

I can do our Standard League match around 11.30 tonight, if that's too late for you, we'll probably have to wait until Thursday evening
    from the game Tales of Aequar: Runite's Rise. Drawn by the DM, CoffeeIncluded

19. - Top - End - #109
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Devmaar View Post
    This post made me think I'd dreamed an entire Blood Bowl match including reaction posts in this thread

I can do our Standard League match around 11.30 tonight, if that's too late for you, we'll probably have to wait until Thursday evening
    Let's try for tonight then.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Troll in the Playground

Ivellius, we've still got our game in the Rookie League. When are you available?

Wraith, it is time for the Norse to take on Nurgle. When are you available?

21. - Top - End - #111
    Titan in the Playground

Rampagers vs. Angels is kicking off now.
    Show

The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

Ruinous Rampagers 1 - 3 Bloody-Handed Angels. A string of bad rolls in the first half (repeated double skulls and failed Sure Hands/rerolled pickups) let the Angels pick up a 2-0 lead, and so the Rampagers were well and truly elfed. The only consolation was that in the second half the lads pulled their collective finger out and started steadily sending elves to the hospital/morgue, with a little assistance from the crowd.

Thanks for the game, Tasroth.
    Show

The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

23. - Top - End - #113
    Titan in the Playground

The Meddling Insects vs BC Mirka is set for Monday evening BST. Yay, more elves.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yeah, it was a bloody affair. First half felt fine, one of my players Badly Hurting himself by failing a dodge (it happens, move on), and Elrael (technically Elrael Mk. 2, purchased for this game after the original died last season) getting killed (not even worth the apothecary that early).

Then the second half. Or more accurately, the last 3 turns. The final drive began with a thrown rock at Taraniel. My apothecary proved himself useless again, so I left it at dead (-ST might as well be dead). This was immediately followed by a -ST on Kalriel (again, Mk. 2). So another player who needs to be fired (which I have done, and he got the MVP for his first SPPs dang it). This was followed by 2 MNG results before the match ended.

So yeah, I had a 14 player roster (granted with 2 players missing that game). Now I have an 11 player roster with 2 players missing the next game, and exactly 10k too little to replace my departed blitzer. And I have Euphonic Cadence next. Things just got... interesting.
    Last edited by Tasroth; 2015-06-21 at 05:25 PM.
    What do you mean "Dungeon Master" isn't a proper job?

Thanks to Thufir for the avatar.

D&D Characters Past and Present:
    Spoiler
    Show

The Honest Man (3.5 LG human fighter), Princess Kailee (4e Good elf cleric), Elric (4e Good human paladin)
    Talia Dakashnit (3.5 CE human fighter), Gabriel Stryfe (d20 Modern fast hero), Tacin Willow (3.5 NG human fighter//bard)

GitP Blood Bowl Legacy League - Season 3 recruiting

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

The Stabbery vs Spartak's Blood Bowl Klub about to go, the number Luzahn did on my team leaves us with equal tv and 1 mercenary Elf...

3-1
    The match could be adequately summarised as "The Stabbery have 2 AG 5 Witch Elves" with the footnote that Cyanide forced Brother Oni to use a goblin on every drive, despite having subs available
    Last edited by Devmaar; 2015-06-21 at 06:56 PM.
    from the game Tales of Aequar: Runite's Rise. Drawn by the DM, CoffeeIncluded

26. - Top - End - #116
    Titan in the Playground

The Stabbery vs Spartak's Blood Bowl Klub about to go, the number Luzahn did on my team leaves us with equal tv and 1 mercenary Elf...
    Which didn't matter at all, with the appalling dice and the interface which refused to let me substitute my goblin off the pitch for every set up.

Stabbery 3: SBK 1

With the absolutely insane dodging the elves did (triple dodges in a row, -2, -1, 0), tackle zones were pretty much pointless, letting a witch elf get hold of the gobbo (which should have been a linesorc) which forced an equally silly push->throw->hand off chain for a touchdown.

The final drive was 7-11 in favour of the orcs and still the elves managed to get through and score. If anybody watched that match, any advice for me, aside from uninstalling the game?

The match could be adequately summarised as "The Stabbery have 2 AG 5 Witch Elves" with the footnote that Cyanide forced Brother Oni to use a goblin on every drive, despite having subs available
    The goblin very nearly came in useful, if he had hit the witch elf either time he got thrown.
    Edit: Huh. Throw Team Mate apparently can't cause turnovers unless the throwee has the ball and doesn't land properly. That would have been useful to know - I could have thrown him at the cage earlier and blitzed the witch elf if he nailed a corner. You learn something new every day.

Edit 2: Forgot to report on Wraith's Ex-Men vs The 8 Handed Slayers in the Open League. 1:0 to the Ex-Men (should have been at least 3) and well, yeah. Rookie no skill Khorne vs Amazons went as well as you'd expect.
    Last edited by Brother Oni; 2015-06-21 at 07:45 PM.

27. - Top - End - #117

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Neon Knight
    Wraith, it is time for the Norse to take on Nurgle. When are you available?
    I expect that I will be free all of Monday afternoon and early evening (until 9pm) GMT, and then again Thursday and Friday afternoon/evening. After that I will have to make a specific appointment to get up for next week, so just let me know what suites you.

Same to you Luzahn - the Daggers have a date with the Ironbeards for, if I remember correctly, the first time.

I would also like to ask the Playground about my impending game in the Rookie League against Clarkson, who I know has had problems with his internet as of late.
    I won't beat about the bush; Steam says that he hasn't been online for about a week now, and I want to make sure that I am acting appropriately if his absence continues. By the rules that I've laid down so far, him missing the game without in some way confirming that he has technical difficulties would constitute a forfeit: 2-0 in my favour.

I am, I hope understandably, feeling awkward about being the League Commissioner and at the same time potentially ruling games in my own favour - especially since I ruled his last game as a 0-0 draw, due to having not been contacted by either coach.
    It might not happen. He might pop back in tomorrow, throw down the gauntlet and proceed to feed my Witch Elf directly to my own Blitzers with fries and a tasteful tray of coffee and chocolates for afters in horrendous display of curbstompetry. But if not, I would like to hear the opinions of my fellow "Rookies" to make sure that no one feels I am taking unfair advantage of the situation.
    Last edited by Wraith; 2015-06-21 at 07:21 PM.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Barbarian in the Playground

Since all previous ones have been ruled as 0-0 draws, I'd prefer this one follow the same rule. I made multiple attempts to try to get ahold of him, and was unable to, and it was set as a 0-0.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    I expect that I will be free all of Monday afternoon and early evening (until 9pm) GMT, and then again Thursday and Friday afternoon/evening. After that I will have to make a specific appointment to get up for next week, so just let me know what suites you.
    I should be around on Monday, so if you see me online on Steam, just give me a poke and I can play our game.

___

As for the other situation, I think it should be scored as a 0-0.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Titan in the Playground

We've always done the 2-0 thing in the past - it makes sense to me that if one player doesn't attempt to make contact, they should forfeit the game.
    Show

The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb