New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Blood Bowl ITP III: Where You Either Win or Blame Nuffle... Sometimes Both

Quote Originally Posted by Manticoran View Post
    Yo Brother Oni. I'm free for the rest of today, and then from about 2100 to 0100 GMT on weekdays, and then free on weekends. Although I'll be free most of Friday because it's a holiday.
    I'll try and catch you tonight (29th) then.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Blood Bowl ITP III: Where You Either Win or Blame Nuffle... Sometimes Both

Quote Originally Posted by Neon Knight View Post
    Devmaar, what's the word? I should be relatively open to play any day this week, and I'm on CDT.
    I should have time to play this week but can't really predict when, best plan is probably hope to see each other online at some point. Otherwise next week should be more orderly
    from the game Tales of Aequar: Runite's Rise. Drawn by the DM, CoffeeIncluded

3. - Top - End - #183
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maethirion View Post
    I know, I'm in one of those tricky time zones that doesn't really work with anyone else
    9am my time works just fine for me. I'm not going to be free tomorrow morning, but any other morning should be fine, just let me know which one works best for you
    I'm not sure which "tomorrow" you're talking about - how does ~11 hours from the time of posting this work for you? Or ~35hrs?

4. - Top - End - #184
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Oni View Post
    I'll try and catch you tonight (29th) then.
    We're having an emergency at work right now with a bioreactor contamination, so it's likely I might not be home in order to play tonight. Does Tues/Wed/Friday work?

5. - Top - End - #185
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by careem soda View Post
    Hey LCP, I'm in CDT (should be GMT -5 unless i'm crazy) I'm free from 23:00 GMT to 05:00 GMT on weekdays, and almost all of the weekend, and thanks for the welcome!
    23:00 GMT is midnight on summer time - I'm afraid that's too late for me to start a blood bowl game. I am available this weekend though so I'll try to catch you then? Have added you on Steam.
    Spoiler: My Games
    Show

WFRP 2E - Tales of Perilous Adventure
    The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

Dark Heresy 1E - Wake of the Byzantium
    Episodes: I, II, III, IV, V

WFRP 2E - The Bloody Crown
    Threads: I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X

6. - Top - End - #186
    Titan in the Playground

Hey, Luzahn - My schedule is a bit shaky as something's still being worked out, but hopefully that sorts out quickly. When works for you?
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

7. - Top - End - #187
    Titan in the Playground

We're having an emergency at work right now with a bioreactor contamination, so it's likely I might not be home in order to play tonight. Does Tues/Wed/Friday work?
    Wednesday should work and it gives you tomorrow to de-stress.

8. - Top - End - #188

Cool, let's do Wednesday then. :)

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground

You know, even supposing this is an invented excuse, it's so impressively invented I would have to allow it anyway!

"I'm sorry, Ivellius, I can't play Tuesday evening, I just got called in to defuse a bomb in the Reichstag."

(I don't have a day off until the weekend after this one, and even on that weekend I won't be available on Saturday. But I can play pretty much on any GMT+1 late afternoon to evening into the night. Also, Sunday the 12th is free. My suggestion to you, Ivellius, is that you hit me up anytime you can catch me on Steam and have some hours free to play, I'll do the same, and eventually we should be able to rock this joint!)
    This signature is boring. The stuff I write might not be. Warning: Ponies.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by LCP View Post
    23:00 GMT is midnight on summer time - I'm afraid that's too late for me to start a blood bowl game. I am available this weekend though so I'll try to catch you then? Have added you on Steam.
    Alright let's plan on Saturday then. Does 18:00 GMT sound good for you?
    Gunblade is love, Gunblade is life.

11. - Top - End - #191

Quote Originally Posted by Silfir View Post
    You know, even supposing this is an invented excuse, it's so impressively invented I would have to allow it anyway!

"I'm sorry, Ivellius, I can't play Tuesday evening, I just got called in to defuse a bomb in the Reichstag."
    ....Wut. That's all. Just.... What.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silfir View Post

(I don't have a day off until the weekend after this one, and even on that weekend I won't be available on Saturday. But I can play pretty much on any GMT+1 late afternoon to evening into the night. Also, Sunday the 12th is free. My suggestion to you, Ivellius, is that you hit me up anytime you can catch me on Steam and have some hours free to play, I'll do the same, and eventually we should be able to rock this joint!)
    Are you aware of what a bioreactor is? It's really not on that level. At least, at minimum - I suppose you could theoretically make something apocalyptic in a bioreactor, but that's not the norm.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

13. - Top - End - #193
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by LeSwordfish View Post
    I'm not sure which "tomorrow" you're talking about - how does ~11 hours from the time of posting this work for you? Or ~35hrs?
    Sorry for the confusion, should have made that more clear. ~17 hours from this post, or any of the +24 hours after that works just fine for me.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Are you aware of what a bioreactor is? It's really not on that level. At least, at minimum - I suppose you could theoretically make something apocalyptic in a bioreactor, but that's not the norm.
    I don't really know what a bioreactor is, but it sounds metal, doesn't it? I'm not completely alone on this one...?

I rolled a 1 in "Be funny". I didn't mean anything else by it.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

I must admit, while I have utter confidance that Manticoran is quite straight-faced in his reason for being unable to play, the phrase "there's an emergency at the reactor which I have to be there to solve" does conjure up all sorts of heroic and impressive images.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

16. - Top - End - #196
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    I must admit, while I have utter confidance that Manticoran is quite straight-faced in his reason for being unable to play, the phrase "there's an emergency at the reactor which I have to be there to solve" does conjure up all sorts of heroic and impressive images.
    Bioreactor. There's a difference.

What Manticoran makes in his bioreactor is probably proprietory, hence why I didn't ask.

The reason why it's a work emergency, is that the conditions inside a bioreactor which are perfect for the microorganisms they want, are also generally perfect for microorganisms they don't want, thus you end up with a microbial war of genocide inside the reactor with the engineered critters (which are generally innocuous) versus wild-type critters which have defences.
    Given that bioreactors can be tens of litres in size, having that much growth media teeming with something like C.botulinum or S.aureus is going to be a major health hazard. If it were infected with something like anthrax, the CDC and Homeland Security are going to take a sudden and extreme interest in Manticoran and his company.

Even if it weren't something hazardous, it's a significant chunk of time and money for the company to flush and clean the reactor vessel then restart the batch.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Hi Gnoman, we're down to the last 3 days* when I'll be available for the game:

Tonight, not sure when I'll be on but probably from 9pm (BST) onwards

Tomorrow I am not in the office and so can play anytime

Thursday 4:30 (BST) onwards

Any chance you can tell me a specific time which would be good for you and I'll make it?

*there is a chance I'll be on sunday night but it depends when I get back as I'm away this weekend. It's likely to be late.
    Managing the Wymbildon Warpstoners in Gitp Rookie League - Mutations for EVERYONE!

Head Necromancer of The BlackHearse Boneheads in Gitp Main league - Come on lads, it's not like they can kill you twice!

18. - Top - End - #198
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maethirion View Post
    Sorry for the confusion, should have made that more clear. ~17 hours from this post, or any of the +24 hours after that works just fine for me.
    Sounds good to me - looks like this evening for me/tomorrow morning for you.

19. - Top - End - #199

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Oni View Post
    Bioreactor. There's a difference.
    So we won't be facing Fallout, but instead this weekend might just be sunny with a chance of Rage Virus.

Well, that's all right then.

Umm, anyways.... Bloody-Bowly-stuff..... Luzahn! I don't think we often have trouble finding reasonable times for us both, come at me whenever you're able and willing, sir.

Froish! I am on the same time zone as Unpronounceable, and if I recall correctly you two struggled to get together for various reasons. I can be free at any time between 9am Thursday and 3pm Sunday, GMT, with sporadic appearances in the late afternoon/early evening by specific appointment. I'm sure we can work something out.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Titan in the Playground

So we won't be facing Fallout, but instead this weekend might just be sunny with a chance of Rage Virus.

Well, that's all right then.
    From what I hear about motorists in Massachusetts, they all appear to be infected with Rage Virus already.

21. - Top - End - #201

As a quick reference... We found a particulate of bioburden in something that had the same lot used in the bioreactor, which meant we thought there MIGHT BE contamination, and so have to get rid of everything that might have touched regardless of whether we actually detect contamination. No alien rage viruses or anthrax, sorry. PROBABLY not even a contamination at all, but you gotta be safe.

EDIT: Also, heh, tens of litres.... Try couple thousand.
    Last edited by Manticoran; 2015-06-30 at 09:55 AM.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Titan in the Playground

Sounds like a tough day at the yoghurt factory

I'm about for open league games this evening if anyone's interested.
    Last edited by LCP; 2015-06-30 at 12:37 PM.
    Spoiler: My Games
    Show

WFRP 2E - Tales of Perilous Adventure
    The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

Dark Heresy 1E - Wake of the Byzantium
    Episodes: I, II, III, IV, V

WFRP 2E - The Bloody Crown
    Threads: I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Unpronounceable View Post
    Hi Gnoman, we're down to the last 3 days* when I'll be available for the game:

Tonight, not sure when I'll be on but probably from 9pm (BST) onwards

Tomorrow I am not in the office and so can play anytime

Thursday 4:30 (BST) onwards

Any chance you can tell me a specific time which would be good for you and I'll make it?

*there is a chance I'll be on sunday night but it depends when I get back as I'm away this weekend. It's likely to be late.
    I'll be on in the next couple of hours today, can't speak to more than that.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ogre in the Playground

Angry Joe did an interview about Blood Bowl II. It confirms for instance that additional sides in Blood Bowl II will be added via patch for everyone, and players only have to buy the DLC if they want to actually play with that side. Seems a more sensible solution by quite a bit than the Dark Elf/Legendary/Chaos Edition stuff with the incompatibilities involved.

I might actually preorder just to get the Wood Elves in and to support development so that they at least get as far as adding Amazons.

Something else I hadn't yet heard - and I hope I actually understood the developer correctly - is that they're considering quite a few rules changes inside the existing ruleset, including adding another Troll to the Goblins roster. Ignoring for a moment that changing the LRB is borderline blasphemous and that the tabletop community probably wouldn't take kindly to Cyanide attempting to supplant it unilaterally without offering the option of "Classic" mode (and they already rowed back on the aging rules, so I'm assuming they're aware of the risks), it's an interesting idea, but I'm not sure if it's the right one, since it pushes the goblin team towards being a "Trolls" team rather than improving on the strengths peculiar to goblins. I would have gone for allowing goblins to buy a permanent bribe or even all three; they wouldn't have to tank their TV anymore to get bribes and could play around more with their secret weapons and fouling.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gnoman View Post
    I'll be on in the next couple of hours today, can't speak to more than that.
    Turns out I won't be.

26. - Top - End - #206

Griffon

Thumbs up Re: Blood Bowl ITP III: Where You Either Win or Blame Nuffle... Sometimes Both

I am under the impression that Cyanide intend to make several changes to their games' teams. cKnoor_ was discussing it in one of his streams a week or two ago, that Human Catchers will have a slightly different statline - I think he said +1MA, but I won't swear to it - and appropriately adjusted cost to match.

I'm not inherently against the idea of such changes, otherwise we wouldn't be getting the Bretonnian team and would never have had the Khorne Daemons, and so on. The LRB and video game have always had differences, as things do in mixed media, and I for one am hoping that this reflects Cyanides' experiences with balance issues and bugfixing in BB1 and are attempting to correct them in BB2, rather than just tinkering for the sake of doing so.
    For example, Games Workshop have never that great at collecting team/tournament data with which to adjust their rulebooks by, and I imagine that the LRB guys struggle to do so for a 'defunct' game. Blood Bowl Cyanide, however, has got over 2million matches on record to compare, and see what works well and what doesn't - if anyone can make a pattern out of their results, Cyanide hopefully can.

Having said that, I can remember a time when the 'official' Snotling team allowing you to take Trolls instead of Ogres as their Big Guys - maybe this is intended to be a 'classic' Goblin team setup?
    Last edited by Wraith; 2015-06-30 at 03:20 PM.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

European Night-owls and American... well 'Normals' I guess, Wymbildon Warpstoners vs Throwers and Throw-aways will be kicking off a approximately midnight BST!
    Managing the Wymbildon Warpstoners in Gitp Rookie League - Mutations for EVERYONE!

Head Necromancer of The BlackHearse Boneheads in Gitp Main league - Come on lads, it's not like they can kill you twice!

28. - Top - End - #208
    Dwarf in the Playground

Games Workshop have never that great at collecting team/tournament data with which to adjust their rulebooks by, and I imagine that the LRB guys struggle to do so for a 'defunct' game. Blood Bowl Cyanide, however, has got over 2million matches on record to compare, and see what works well and what doesn't - if anyone can make a pattern out of their results, Cyanide hopefully can
    I was under the impression that the BBRC developed the LRB versions after using data gather from many thousands (not sure how many but it's always growing) of games on FUMBBL? I trust them more than Cyanide and don't see how this can be so difficult.
    Take Blood Bowl. Implement it faithfully. Done. Anything else and you lose your audience.
    I don't want to play something like blood bowl. I want to play actual blood bowl but in the absense of a tabletop league i'd like the best virtual blood bowl they have with the best interface and the prettiest graphics. Everything else should be an optional add on.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Titan in the Playground

As a quick reference... We found a particulate of bioburden in something that had the same lot used in the bioreactor, which meant we thought there MIGHT BE contamination, and so have to get rid of everything that might have touched regardless of whether we actually detect contamination. No alien rage viruses or anthrax, sorry. PROBABLY not even a contamination at all, but you gotta be safe.
    Ah, I recognise that unique paranoid smell of GMP from anywhere...

EDIT: Also, heh, tens of litres.... Try couple thousand.
    Is that your standard pick up line at conventions? "Hey there, would you like to see the size of my bioreactor?"

Quote Originally Posted by Qwaz View Post
    I don't want to play something like blood bowl. I want to play actual blood bowl but in the absense of a tabletop league i'd like the best virtual blood bowl they have with the best interface and the prettiest graphics. Everything else should be an optional add on.
    At this point in time, I'd settle for a bug free interface. You can work around an awkward one, not so much with a randomly buggy/glitchy one.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Throwers and Throwaways 2-1 Wymbildon Warpstoners

A violent game, by turn 15 there were only 2 skaven throwers, 4 ogres and one snotling on the pitch. The warpstoners took the lead initially with a zig zagging mini cage using the superior speed to stay away from the ogres. scoring in turn 5. The ogres then equalised with a succesful throw team mate i turn 7. The warpstoners set up for a TTM touch down but an ogre bltz stopped them

Then the second half bloodbath began, with the ogres receiving the skaven got a blitz result and a bloody fight began over the ball deep in the ogre half. Eventually though there just weren't enough rats or goblins left and the ogres propelled the remaining snotling downfield to score in turn 16.

With a troll and goblin coming back on for the last turn of the match there was a chance of a last minute equalizer but ANOTHER ogre blitz took down the goblin and troll and so all the skaven could do was get a SPP completion.

Really fun game thanks Shishnarfne!

I'm beginning to think my team has narcolepsy, seriously I don't think the warpstoners have had a game without a blitz against them!