New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation: A Time Forgotten IC

Quote Originally Posted by thethird View Post
    "You think so small for someone with such a mouth. Elves were born at the south, within forest, lush and green. They won't depart the desert for greener pastures, they hail from them. They won't turn the desert into gardens, as elves aren't fit to staying put nor deserts are fit for gardening. It is their nature. And they shall be loved and respected for their nature. In what you are right though is that some elves will ultimately depart. The desert breeds strength and character, teaches speed and survival. Those are necessary skills and the elves do partake on them. They will raise many young among the desert to ensure they learn well. But if you expect my children to be kept from creation you will need to jail them."
    "I see now that our views are irreconcilable. You have created creatures of a single-minded stubbornness unlike any other. They do not adapt or grow and I do not love them for it. I despise them for it and you for creating such worthless creatures. I condemn them to the fate you have chosen for them.
    "Leave me, I have work to do."

Namiranzul turned from the fledgling god walked up to the altar of his temple. With care he pulled fire from his wings and shaped it into a brazier that soon hardened into obsidian etched with golden runes. The leftover fire pooled in the obsidian vessel as though it were liquid and soon surged into a roaring beacon of flame.

Elsewhere across the desert...

A group of Elves completed the climb to the top of a rocky hill and looked down at the oasis that was their destination. Just a quick stop to water themselves and their antelopes. At least, that was what it was supposed to be. They each took a drink of the life-giving water but they found it did nothing to slake their thirst. Thinking that perhaps they had pushed themselves too hard, they decided to rest in the shade of the trees planted there long ago by their forefathers. But they found no respite and the shade gave them no relief from the desert Sun.
    Deciding that obviously something was wrong with this oasis they hitched their antelope to their chariots and departed for the next. But it was just the same, perhaps worse. And it was the same for the next. And the next. Nothing they did could quench their thirst or sate their hunger and so they rode their chariots as fast as they could seeking out a cool breeze. And when their antelope collapsed from exhaustion they abandoned them and they ran themselves to death with only the burning winds of the Ashlands to mark their passing.

Alas, their suffering did not end there for Namiranzul seized upon their dwindling life energies and reanimated their bodies. In the heat and aridness of the Ashlands their bodies were perfectly preserved, if emaciated and bone dry. Though their god had disrespected him in life, they would serve him well in death. And so they stood up once again and once more did they walk.

Quote Originally Posted by Messy Lamaniera View Post
    Morgorach smiled wide and open. The dreamed star spoke again. "Just that you bless the Dreamlands as you blessed the waking world. All I ask is that you dream of a sun like the sun is supposed to be." The Mosaic then offered his hand to Namiranzul and he knew that shaking hands with the Dreamer God would seal the deal.
    Namiranzul took the hand of his brother and at once Morgorach felt a searing heat scorch through him. To a god it was nothing, but to the Dreamlands it was though the very air itself was on fire. Every dreamed star across the entirety of that realm burst forth into a brilliant light, searing dreams and dreamers alike. After the first moments, the heat diminished somewhat, but night on that plane was forever gone as above all things was a burning sky filled with incandescent embers.

Spoiler: AP Expenditure
    Show
    Starting AP: 6+4

Curse: Roughly half the Elves travelling through the Ashlands will find no rest or respite from the harshness of the desert. Eventually they are afflicted by a strange madness that causes them to just keep going without stopping until they die. All who die this way are raised as Ash Revenants.

Create Sentient Life: Ash Revenants. The reanimated mummified remains of those Elves who die from Namiranzul's curse. In many ways they are the antithesis of Elves. They prefer a stationary existence, are shunned by wild animals, even carrion birds, and their touch kills plant life. Nevertheless, they are frighteningly quick when they want to be and have a talent for sorcery, particularly wind and fire spells. It is advised that if you see their burning eyes you should run

Create Artifact: The Beacon of Namiranzul. An obsidian brazier filled with eternally burning fire that helps to protect the inhabitants of the City of Raelzun from the undead. In combat their weapons become sheathed with holy sunfire that does not harm them but is anathema to the Undead.
    +2 RCR against the undead.

Alter Action: The Burning Sky. The Dreamlands are blessed with the light of Namiranzul in the form of countless dream stars each nearly as bright as the Sun.
    Last edited by Elemental; 2015-06-14 at 10:26 AM.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ettin in the Playground

(OoC: Karaziemia wouldn't leave the conversation as is after being directly insulted, but since we are opperating on several timelines and the post seems to imply that she did leave as he cursed her people)

The nature goddess appeared in front some of the standing revenants, she extended her branches towards them, caressing them with her maiden bodies. The touch wasn't pleasant for the goddess symbolized life and the creatures were made to be antythetical to it. But they were still her creatures, elves were hers, specially some so longeval as to be eternal.

"Hush children. There is no reason to fret. You are loved and cared for even now. Don't worry. The clans won't forget you. I won't forget you. Now, if you want to be of service learn. You've been blessed with a hidden gift. The skies will show the path. Don't forget who you are and smile upon the odds."

She touched each and everyone of them even if her fingers darkened at the touch. When a branch was to black to continue other's would take her place, the blossoming goddes ever changing and embracing.

Southern Forest, Norian - Illnara, Karaziemia

"There is another thing sister, the one who trapped your children with stone walls has now trapped some of mine with undeath. They are my children even after the change, but I won't let others mistreating of them go unpunished. We would send a stronger message in unity."

Mountain March- Da Orks

The Monastery opens the gates to the orks, no comment is made on them arriving early or late. They are simply admitted in. There are some spare pleasantries within the walls, that guard the monks from the elements and offer some light and warmth but otherwise from the abbess to the most recent initiate all live frugally.

The abbess herself comes to the orks, she is dressed lightly to the point of provocation in an orange tunic. There is some sparse jewelry in her, mostly bead bracelets that help her when in prayer, and a golden necklace with an eight spoked wheel pendant.

"Welcome to the monastery. Will you like to join the mission or perhaps to continue further?"
    Thanks a lot Gengy for the awesome... just a sec... avatar. :)

3. - Top - End - #243
    Troll in the Playground

Southern Forest - Illnara, Karaziemia
    "Come then, sister. Let us do what must be done. We have stood idly by while others toyed with our children long enough" Illnara said to Karaziemia with a frown upon her face. Enough is enough.

Mountain March - Da Orks, Monks

"Continyah! To Da Mountain! Climbin' Da Big Rock! Ha!" The Orks shouted out, dancing and roaring with cheer. They definitely were not built for the monastary life.
    Currently Playing
    Lord's of Creation-Titan's Return
    - Il-Na: God of Greed, Luck and Earth

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ettin in the Playground

Namiranzul's Temple, Raizen - Illnara, Karaziemia, Namiranzul

The elven goddess appeared from the ground sprouting like a tall tree of twisted branches. From her trunk sprung three thick branches each ending in the form of an elven maiden's torso. Her roots didn't treat the floor properly tiles erupting upwards with her presence. While none of her faces looked angered the playful contempt that they normally displayed before was now replaced with stern determination.

"I've seen what you've done to my children. Stop the curse now."

Monastery- Da Orks, Monks

The abbess simply nods and signals the highest peak clouded and hidden on the upper ends. It was a demanding climb, but the orks were phisically fit. Perhaps they would endure it. Even so the abbess didn't know what would the cathedral do of them, the freezing god valued abstraction from emotion and such a state wouldn't be easy to achive for the almost simpleton large orks. Of course she wasn't one to meddle in gods affairs, nor doubt their thinkings or decisions. She was simply to point petitioners in the proper direction.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Troll in the Playground

Namiranzul's temple, Raelzun - Illnara, Karaziemia, Namiranzul

Illnara stepped out of her sister's roots. "The curse is unacceptable, Sun God."
    Currently Playing

6. - Top - End - #246
    Titan in the Playground

Namiranzul's Temple
    Raelzun - Illnara, Karaziemia, Namiranzul

Yen'Shi felt the new unlife that crawled across the desert yet its breath did not linger in their breast. Someone was trying to steal away its children. With a flick of a hand a skeleton was cast down against the world as its body crumbled, Yen'Shi soon joining the other Gods before the temple. "I will add my voice to the Living. You overstep your bounds for the dead are mine."

7. - Top - End - #247
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hatter View Post
    The Ocean - Illnara, Serpents

"You do not seem to understand, children. You judge a people on actions that could possibly happen without any basis in fact or experience. My people require water and the life that dwells within it for life, just as your kind requires the life which feeds off of the life which is my purview." Illnara smiles but she is not playing nice anymore.

"I offer peace. You refuse and question. I have tried and you deny me. You are the guardians of the ocean? I call you tyrants. I call you oppressors. I call you murderers. You will not touch my children unprovoked again. They will not harm you. They are incapable of the act. They will continue to maintain balance for that is their very nature. " Illnara takes a deep breath and then stops speaking altogether. She has quite obviously had enough of the mindless slaughter.
    "It's not your ocean," the voice bellowed up again from below. The creatures that were scarcely in Ilnara's view began to stir, twisting and turning. There may have been a lot of them down there, or maybe only a few. The visible depths below the surface began to come alive, writhing and dancing with life. There may have only been the one massive Serpent down there, it was hard to tell.

Flucton spoke again, only agitated by Ilnara's raised tone of voice, "your people are doing just fine for water as far as I can tell, in fact, if I were to guess I would even say that they're growing in number. You speak of balance, but have you ever considered that this is the natural way? Juresh are not called murderers for eating flies, wolves are not called oppressors for eating antelope, yet you call us those things for not discriminating among our meals. The food chain is balance at its finest."

Rising from the depths, now just in view, a winged humanoid could just barely be seen in the shadowy water. "Hey, Flucton, why don't you cool it a bit, ok? I think it might be a good idea to at least think about working something out here" he called up. His voice sounded shaky, as if he was better able to comprehend that having Ilnara as an opponent might not be such a good idea.

8. - Top - End - #248

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    The latter. If it were the former, I would've done the swarm of nymphs also, the dryad didn't kill the party. Users of Romancy are barely capable of harming anything, let alone slaughtering entire scouting parties.

"Call me Sweetheart." She traced her hand along his belly. "You're healed. Exhausted, but in no real danger." Her face relaxed. "It was touch-and-go for a while, though. Had to contract you just to keep you breathing." She brought another cup to his lips. "Trouble yourself not with the others. Trust me, and I shall restore your energy."

She brought him up and into a hug, his head resting on her soft, ample busom. "I love you, my companion."

... Sweetheart had known him for all of maybe a minute, and yet Steve could almost feel the sincerity of her affection.

Normally, that would have been cause for concern. But Steve knew of both the nymphs and the dryads - she was clothed, so this was evidently the latter. Where Nymphs found the sexually repressed and... well, unrepressed them (rawr) Dryads found those starved for affection and would become their companion for a year and a day, granting them the deepest of emotional bonds.

... But he had a report to make - he couldn't wait that long.

Spoiler: AP (Rollover's happened at time of edit)
    Show
    Amoros: 4AP (6/9)
    +4AP
    ____
    8AP
    Steve pushed the honey away. "Listen lady... being... nyyyyydryad, right. You're nice and beatiful and you saved my life, and I'm thankful and stuff, but I need to get back to my men... did you say something about... danger?

"Gahh..." Feeling slightly invigorated by the honey, Steve tried to stand once more, and ended up flipping forward, finding himself on all fours. He looked around the jungle, rubbing the sand out of his eyes while he tried to get his bearings. "Men? Fellers?"

Quote Originally Posted by Razade View Post
    The Speaker bows, motioning the eight to the brood behind it. "This one thanks you. It will comply with the agreement." It then turns to the eight, motioning to the Bone Weavers who move to bind their eyes with silk. "It is best if you do not see the Hive. Humans are fragile. " it offers before carting the humans off to Hive Al'Anzur. The trip is long and as one would expect of the Undead any real amenities for the humans are sparse though fetid water and rough vegetables aren't in low supply for the journey.
    Hiveswamp Vacation
    [The Emerald Woods]

One of the humans in the front speak up: "We're not as fragile as you may think, sir. As servants sworn to Greyl and the crown we're trained to resist fear. Still, if you believe us weak, we won't stop you from blinding us. Whatever your choice, know that the soldier in the back row does not share our training."

The servants make no moves to resist the weavers, although Jakov proves to be reluctant. "I'lle punch yourrrexxy face, yaaaa..."

Later

While interactions with the undead are few, the humans mostly spend their time meditating. Even though there's plenty of food to go around, the servants fast, and spend their time in quiet prayer, almost always expressionless. Jakov is the complete opposite: He always eats his full share of rations, is frightful and aggressive to the undead, and every once in a while curses his god and the king who landed him in this situation.
    Last edited by SpeedWitch; 2015-06-15 at 05:27 AM.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AvocadoAvenger View Post
    "It's not your ocean," the voice bellowed up again from below. The creatures that were scarcely in Ilnara's view began to stir, twisting and turning. There may have been a lot of them down there, or maybe only a few. The visible depths below the surface began to come alive, writhing and dancing with life. There may have only been the one massive Serpent down there, it was hard to tell.

Flucton spoke again, only agitated by Ilnara's raised tone of voice, "your people are doing just fine for water as far as I can tell, in fact, if I were to guess I would even say that they're growing in number. You speak of balance, but have you ever considered that this is the natural way? Juresh are not called murderers for eating flies, wolves are not called oppressors for eating antelope, yet you call us those things for not discriminating among our meals. The food chain is balance at its finest."

Rising from the depths, now just in view, a winged humanoid could just barely be seen in the shadowy water. "Hey, Flucton, why don't you cool it a bit, ok? I think it might be a good idea to at least think about working something out here" he called up. His voice sounded shaky, as if he was better able to comprehend that having Ilnara as an opponent might not be such a good idea.
    "Not my Ocean. Not my water. Not my fish. Correct." Suddenly a coral wrapped in a variety of seaweed and coral appears in Illnara's hand. "This is mine."

"Those creatures that you listed, they all have one thing in common that you seem to miss, child. They lack sentience. They lack the ability to discern. They are simply parts that move the world. You do not have that. The Orks take and then they give back. You take and you take some more. Do not attempt to argue balance with me, young one." She allowed the coral to drop from her hand and into the water, oddly enough, where a splash would have occured, the coral simply fell through and into the water without disturbance.

"It would seem that there is a voice of reason in the depths. Who are you?" The goddess directs her question to the humanoid.
    Last edited by Hatter; 2015-06-15 at 05:23 AM.
    Currently Playing

10. - Top - End - #250
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Angsty Anubite View Post
    Hiveswamp Vacation
    [The Emerald Woods]

One of the humans in the front speak up: "We're not as fragile as you may think, sir. As servants sworn to Greyl and the crown we're trained to resist fear. Still, if you believe us weak, we won't stop you from blinding us. Whatever your choice, know that the soldier in the back row does not share our training."

The servants make no moves to resist the weavers, although Jakov proves to be reluctant. "I'lle punch yourrrexxy face, yaaaa..."

Later

While interactions with the undead are few, the humans mostly spend their time meditating. Even though there's plenty of food to go around, the servants fast, and spend their time in quiet prayer, almost always expressionless. Jakov is the complete opposite: He always eats his full share of rations, is frightful and aggressive to the undead, and every once in a while curses his god and the king who landed him in this situation.
    The humans would find the Hive quite hospitable even while they fast, rooms and accommodations built, albeit crudely, as if expecting their arrival and the Hive itself is unusually well lit, the binding on their eyes removed as soon as they arrive to their quarters. The Weavers, as the Humans call them, are nothing short of polite in their strange way and only trouble it's "guests" for occasional questions which they scribble on bone before leaving. The surly and aggressive Jakov is only treated better by any standards, the hurried eating only prompting more food and drink brought and the rather agitated attitude only causes more of Weavers taking an interest in the poor man perhaps to his dismay. As the days their wards were permitted the Weavers do their best to bring their eight fellows to the center of the Hive before the massive hanging structure of bone where eight seats are put out before the display.
    Last edited by Razade; 2015-06-16 at 04:22 AM.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Titan in the Playground

Steve pushed the honey away. "Listen lady... being... nyyyyydryad, right. You're nice and beatiful and you saved my life, and I'm thankful and stuff, but I need to get back to my men... did you say something about... danger?
    Her heart skipped a beat as a smile grew on her face and a blush crept into her cheeks. She was beautiful. That was wonderful to-

Her thoughts ground to a halt as she realized something else about what he'd said. "Wait, did you think I was a ny-"

"Gahh..." Feeling slightly invigorated by the honey, Steve tried to stand once more, and ended up flipping forward, finding himself on all fours. He looked around the jungle, rubbing the sand out of his eyes while he tried to get his bearings. "Men? Fellers?"
    Sweetheart's face fell and pity swelled within her. "... darling..." She knelt down next to him and placed a hand on his arm. "... Romancy... can only heal people who can feel love. And that requires... living. I only got to you in time. I'm sorry."

Sweetheart tried to comfort him. She forced his grief down just a bit, and brought his love - for his country, his men - to the forefront. Normally she would've brought the human's love for her forward, but humans were notorious for how long it could take to fall in love. Seriously, months? Even years? That was just ridiculous! How nymphs managed it in a week, she'd never know.

... But that wasn't important. She pulled the human into a hug. "... You never told me your name."
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2015-06-15 at 08:59 AM.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ettin in the Playground

(OoC: Karaziemia wouldn't leave the conversation as is after being directly insulted, but since we are opperating on several timelines and the post seems to imply that she did leave as he cursed her people)
    ((OoC: My fault entirely. I didn't respond quickly enough and so you went on to continue the story elsewhere. It happens. If it makes you feel better, Namiranzul would have ignored her.))

The nature goddess appeared in front some of the standing revenants, she extended her branches towards them, caressing them with her maiden bodies. The touch wasn't pleasant for the goddess symbolized life and the creatures were made to be antythetical to it. But they were still her creatures, elves were hers, specially some so longeval as to be eternal.

"Hush children. There is no reason to fret. You are loved and cared for even now. Don't worry. The clans won't forget you. I won't forget you. Now, if you want to be of service learn. You've been blessed with a hidden gift. The skies will show the path. Don't forget who you are and smile upon the odds."

She touched each and everyone of them even if her fingers darkened at the touch. When a branch was to black to continue other's would take her place, the blossoming goddes ever changing and embracing.
    The Revenants bowed with surprising grace as their mother goddess addressed them. But when she came to embrace them they recoiled when they saw how it their touch injured her. They cried out in horror to see their mother's branches turn black and lifeless. The tallest of the revenants whose eyes glowed brightest spoke to their mother in reassurance.
    "Mother, do not harm yourself so. Rest assured that the knowledge of your Love is retained. You no doubt think that the Solar Lord is a cruel master, but he has given us no commands and our souls remain our own."

Spoiler: Meeting at the Temple - Karaziemia, Illnara, Namiranzul and Yen Shi.
    Show
    Namiranzul's Temple, Raizen - Illnara, Karaziemia, Namiranzul

The elven goddess appeared from the ground sprouting like a tall tree of twisted branches. From her trunk sprung three thick branches each ending in the form of an elven maiden's torso. Her roots didn't treat the floor properly tiles erupting upwards with her presence. While none of her faces looked angered the playful contempt that they normally displayed before was now replaced with stern determination.

"I've seen what you've done to my children. Stop the curse now."
    Namiranzul's temple, Raelzun - Illnara, Karaziemia, Namiranzul

Illnara stepped out of her sister's roots. "The curse is unacceptable, Sun God."
    Namiranzul's Temple
    Raelzun - Illnara, Karaziemia, Namiranzul

Yen'Shi felt the new unlife that crawled across the desert yet its breath did not linger in their breast. Someone was trying to steal away its children. With a flick of a hand a skeleton was cast down against the world as its body crumbled, Yen'Shi soon joining the other Gods before the temple. "I will add my voice to the Living. You overstep your bounds for the dead are mine."

The three gods found Namiranzul standing before the altar which had now been covered by and surrounded by hundreds of candles. The stained glass windows of the Temple blazed with a brilliant red and gold light from the setting Sun. The Fiery Lord had dimmed his own flames to the merest flicker so the only source of light was the flames of the altar and the reddish gold light of the setting Sun through the stained glass windows. He stood motionless as the three deities voiced their grievances.
    "Your grievance is valid Honoured Sister. The request of the Young One shall be fulfilled before my Sun sets and the Elves shall no longer know that fate. But know that I will not turn back time to a point before its manifestation. The bodies of those who have died are my Revenants and shall remain so until my Sun turns dark and I am entombed there.
    "Know however, that the souls of your children were untouched by my power and that my Revenants will never come against the Orks as long as they remain."

This said, he now addressed the Skeletal Lord.
    "Do not be foolish Brother. One cannot claim all for their own purposes. The only light that is mine is my Light and I make no claims to sovereignty over the flickers of illumination throughout Creation just as our Revered Sister makes no claim to all things green and growing merely those that are hers. The Dead are not yours, neither their souls nor their corporeal remnants for they were not yours in life. Take heart in your own dominion and do not seek to extend your grasp to where it is unheralded."

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    The curse against the Elves is lifted.
    Last edited by Elemental; 2015-06-15 at 10:28 AM.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)

Dragons!

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    The three gods found Namiranzul standing before the altar which had now been covered by and surrounded by hundreds of candles. The stained glass windows of the Temple blazed with a brilliant red and gold light from the setting Sun. The Fiery Lord had dimmed his own flames to the merest flicker so the only source of light was the flames of the altar and the reddish gold light of the setting Sun through the stained glass windows. He stood motionless as the three deities voiced their grievances.
    "Your grievance is valid Honoured Sister. The request of the Young One shall be fulfilled before my Sun sets and the Elves shall no longer know that fate. But know that I will not turn back time to a point before its manifestation. The bodies of those who have died are my Revenants and shall remain so until my Sun turns dark and I am entombed there.
    "Know however, that the souls of your children were untouched by my power and that my Revenants will never come against the Orks as long as they remain."

"Do not be foolish Brother. One cannot claim all for their own purposes. The only light that is mine is my Light and I make no claims to sovereignty over the flickers of illumination throughout Creation just as our Revered Sister makes no claim to all things green and growing merely those that are hers. The Dead are not yours, neither their souls nor their corporeal remnants for they were not yours in life. Take heart in your own dominion and do not seek to extend your grasp to where it is unheralded."
    No.

"No. The elves are mine. They are not your revenants. You hold no claim to them."

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ettin in the Playground

No.

"No. The elves are mine. They are not your revenants. You hold no claim to them."
    "They are Elves no longer. You feel a strong attachment for them but it will serve you not. They have died and their souls have moved on. You should accept that just as you would any other mortal death. It is the fate they are born to and no act by man or god can truly stop this progression. Even my Revenants can know the touch of death despite their ageless forms.
    "We may mourn and grieve for each passing but any attempt to tear down the veil shall surely doom more than it restores."

Dragons!

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ettin in the Playground

"They are Elves no longer. You feel a strong attachment for them but it will serve you not. They have died and their souls have moved on. You should accept that just as you would any other mortal death. It is the fate they are born to and no act by man or god can truly stop this progression. Even my Revenants can know the touch of death despite their ageless forms.
    "We may mourn and grieve for each passing but any attempt to tear down the veil shall surely doom more than it restores."
    Karaziemia just smacks at the sun god with her branches.

"They aren't yours."

(7d6+2)[27]

16. - Top - End - #256
    Troll in the Playground

Namiranzul's Temple

Illnara joins in the fray with her sister against the Sun God. She too had a grievance against him and she too would see him punished. Enough is enough.

Illnara rushes in, great big Ork-like tusks sprouting from her jaw-line and she rears a fist back before launching it full-force at the Sun-God. Shouting in a deep and grumbling voice as if the earth itself spoke "Enough of your arrogance, Sun God. You can't just do whatever you want!"
    Last edited by Hatter; 2015-06-15 at 02:14 PM.
    Currently Playing

17. - Top - End - #257
    Titan in the Playground

Meeting at the Temple - Karaziemia, Illnara, Namiranzul and Yen Shi.

"It is you who misplace yourself for the Dead were and are my domain since the birth of this realm yet I seek no dominion over them. All my brothers and sisters and all their children are permitted to rule over their dead and their souls for that is the pact I have made with the creator of such. The Phoenix Lord may verify my words. Had you come to speak your desire to me I would have held no quarrel and even now make no demands for you to lift your curse or your control. It is a lack of etiquette and your care for the Balance I am here to protest." Yen'Shi however backs away when the younger God and his sibling take arms against the Sun God, making it quite clear it wants no part. "The choice is yours, heal this wound and we shall have no bitterness between us. Continue on your course and the future is not so certain."

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ettin in the Playground

[Arctic Continent]
    Cestrim Monks and Corpse Hive Al'Ultha
    A Cestrim female monk comes to meet the undead she is garbed only in a thin almost see through orange cloth. There is as much feminity in her as there is beauty in a blade. It is something tangential to the point, embelishing, but ultimately pointless to it's cold lethality. She seems as unfazed by the gruesome undead, being made of moose and fox carcasses they cannot be called pretty, as she is by the cold.

"Halt. Do you come to the monastery in seek of refuge or enlightment?"

19. - Top - End - #259

"Not my Ocean. Not my water. Not my fish. Correct." Suddenly a coral wrapped in a variety of seaweed and coral appears in Illnara's hand. "This is mine."

"Those creatures that you listed, they all have one thing in common that you seem to miss, child. They lack sentience. They lack the ability to discern. They are simply parts that move the world. You do not have that. The Orks take and then they give back. You take and you take some more. Do not attempt to argue balance with me, young one." She allowed the coral to drop from her hand and into the water, oddly enough, where a splash would have occured, the coral simply fell through and into the water without disturbance.

"It would seem that there is a voice of reason in the depths. Who are you?" The goddess directs her question to the humanoid.
    The humanoid spoke again, "my name is Nebulecron. I come from elsewhere, though you may think of me as a Serpent. In the interest of everyone here, I think this is going somewhere you hadn't intended. The thing about Serpents is that they- we- are very protective of the ocean and set in our ways. If you start from a place of sayin' that we rule the ocean and can do what we want, and then try to to bargain from there, things might go better."

Flucton wanted to respond, to get the last word in on the heated discussion about balance, but Nebulecron put his hand up to stop him. The Serpent gave his Archon friend an incredulous look, to which Nebulecron responded, "hey, I'm just tryin' to help here."

20. - Top - End - #260
    Troll in the Playground

A Song of Winter

There was a small gathering in the human village north of the Orc town of Grublin. It was a small enclave not worthy of any note. The gathering was attended by the village's children and an old fiddle player.

No one heard the fiddle player play for years - for everyone knew that Music was Dead.

And yet, he had called this concert and the children came. The parents stayed away, wary of the fiddle player - but not daring steal the excitement from their kids.

The children sat in a circle around the old man. They huddled together for it was very cold even though it was only the beginning of autumn. The fiddle player sat with his back to the central fire pit, his long dark shadow enveloping the young crowd like a blanket.

And he plucked a string and a instead of a note everyone heard the crash of glass upon the ground. Of course, the fiddle would make that sound - for music was dead. Every song was just broken glass, every dance a comedy on ice. Every poem a frosted line and every painting merely a mirror. Art was dead after all.

The fiddle player silenced the broken fiddle - and then hush the crowd, and plucked another note. This time it rang clear and true, and was the first true musical note the kids (and the world) has heard for the last couple of years. The children clapped, and their parents cried. How was music still alive?

The man then sang, in the villages northern accent:

Lit me sin' ye a tale true. thes is winter's sang, an' sang ay winter.

The man took out his bow and began to play a melody, - it was a mysterious tune. It was heavy and dark, and a little bit sad. It was a song that knew the ending and hated it - but went on wards towards it for there was no where else to go.

Thaur was a god, an' its nam was oholimn. it was a cheil. it was a hen. it hud nae body, but it was a' place. it was whit gart life worth livin' ye ken.

Thes god ay art, gart a scuttle heralds. they hud names, but their names hae bin frizzen. they waur comedy, satire, tragedy, romance, glory, an' anger.

A body day, thes god an' his heralds went th' the soothern most point ay thes warld, whaur winter rules in its glass cathedral. thes god an' its muses wanted tae sin' winter a sang.

An' sae they sang. it was a perfect sang.

At this point in the song the man pauses, and the crowd, which had been leaning forward is absolutely silent waiting on baited breath to hear the next verse.

It was a perfect sang, an' thaur is naethin' mair 'at winters loves than frizzen perfection. an' sae winter offers art an' its muses a deal.

Fur ye see winter kent 'at graphite loons wanted a body, fur graphite loons was graphite loons an' ne'er hud a body afair. an' sae winter offered tae carve it a body ay th' purest ice.

An' graphite loons gladly said, och aye. sae winter carved it a block ay ice, an' fur th' first time ever it was in thes warld as an object. fur th' merely price ay th' muses service

The kids laughed at the song, but the parent's already grasped in horror the truth of what occurred. Oholimn, for the price of its own muses, had made itself a body. But music was music because it was everywhere. It was art. It was the wild urge to create. It was vibration. But now a frozen lump of crystal ice, it was nothing more than that. Music hadn't died. . . it had become a commodity.

For winter's lesson is that everything had a price, and nothing is worth anything except what you're willing to pay.

An' thus graphite loons noo dwells in th' frizzen heart ay winter, naethin' mair than a lump. an' its muses ur noo winters an' they trade fur their gifts.

Ah gart a deal wi' th' frizzen herald ay tragedy fur thes sang. fur th' price ay an extra day ay winter ye coods hear thes tale.

And indeed the children could see the Muse of Tragedy, Fesha, sitting sadly behind the fiddle player. She was now garbed in a beautiful gown made of ice crystals, and one could almost see her take the autumn day in her hands. You could feel pity for her . . .
    Dornt feel pity fur th' a body behin' me, fur th' muses gart their ain deals wi' winter. fur their freedom, they each hae a price, an' hers is A body ay mah ain summer's day, sae 'er frizzen shackles main melt a day sooner.

Fesha's sad smile quickly morphed into a frown, and she vanished with her autumn day, and the fiddle players summer day held tightly in each of her hands. The day of autumn the tax of Anlorem for the gift of this one song. The summer, her own price to melt her servitude.

An' thus thes is winters sang. it owns it an' we merely rent. but graphite loons isnae deid but frizzen

And with those last tunes in the air, the old man gently slides down, and gently dies with his now useless again fiddle held dearly in his arms. One could hear Fesha's howl of rage as she was cheated out of her summer's day.

Tragedy indeed.

From then on, very few songs were ever heard again. Very few dances too - for each song and dance had a price, and very rarely were they worth it.

Spoiler
    Show
    AP 8 +rollover 4 = 12

Ap 1: Curse: all forms of art now cost a minute of winter. So for every song you sing - that's a extra day of winter for you (and the surrounding region). You can make additional deals with anlorem for discount pricing or bulk pricing, for festivals or other celebrations, or you can make the deal with the muses. Each muse has their own agenda and can make their own deal.

AP 1: Curse: The muses are now servants of Anlorem, they trade their gifts for moments of summer. With enough summers they can melt their bonds to Anlorem. It is uncertain if they will try to melt their lords form, which is located in the center of the world (I.e. the center of Anlorem)

AP 10

21. - Top - End - #261
    Troll in the Playground

The humanoid spoke again, "my name is Nebulecron. I come from elsewhere, though you may think of me as a Serpent. In the interest of everyone here, I think this is going somewhere you hadn't intended. The thing about Serpents is that they- we- are very protective of the ocean and set in our ways. If you start from a place of sayin' that we rule the ocean and can do what we want, and then try to to bargain from there, things might go better."

Flucton wanted to respond, to get the last word in on the heated discussion about balance, but Nebulecron put his hand up to stop him. The Serpent gave his Archon friend an incredulous look, to which Nebulecron responded, "hey, I'm just tryin' to help here."
    Illnara nodded in agreement with Nebulecron and her smile along with her friendly demeanor returns. "You are wise, little one. Make no mistake here, I do agree with you here. The Ocean belongs to the serpents. I simply seek to end the serpents' attacks on the Orks. The Orks have not ventured into the Ocean. They remain on land, only venturing into the freshwater creeks and streams for the sake of food."

The goddess paused for a moment, looking towards Norian and then towards Tixial. "At the beginning, the Land was one. Both continents were one mass that seperated the Ocean in two. I was the one that split the land mass into two instead." Illnara allowed a moment for that notion to sink into the minds of the serpents and the archon.

"Where the Ocean would have been impeded and the creatures which resided in the Ocean were seperated. It is now whole. One body. I create life upon the Northern land and foster that life and then that life comes under attack. Naturally, you can see why that upsets me. I have already gifted your kind long before any of you were made. What else then must I do to cease the attack upon my creations? What else then must a mother do to protect her young against unwarrented violence? Tell me then, mortal children of the Ocean. What kind of bargain would you expect a goddess to give to you?" Illnara frowned, staring into the eyes of the archon. She was sad, she did not wish violence. She wanted to end it, that much was clear.
    Currently Playing

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Corpse Hive Al'Mira
    Show
    "This one requests two breeding pair from this Hive but not in exchange for these gifts. They are Brood Leader Executors as a show of peace. This one will trade other resources with Brood Leader Executor for the breeding pairs and will return them unharmed in three cycles of the Bright Eye Above." The Speaker motions to one of the others in it's pack, the spider creature moving forward to pour gold and gems out between the two. "This one is certain it can come to an agreement.
    The Dead and Dark

Kalyr nodded and motioned for four of the Darkin accompanying him to come forward. "Go with them and you shall make your race proud" he said to the "breeding pairs", then directed his words towards the Speaker, "I would like to request some form of weaponry to be brought to us when you bring back my brethren. That way, we become stronger as a whole as we adapt".

Spoiler: Pisceanas
    Show
    The Amphitheater of Aptitude

Pisceanas' grin remained plastered to her face. She deviously responded, "Yes, I could support such an alliance. I certainly hold no love for the daylight and any who would seek to bring it to the dark crevices of the world. If the shade of your islands are ever threatened, I may be able to host you in the depths of the ocean for some time." She had no idea whether she meant to sincerely follow the last part, or how long she would tolerate them if she did, but she hoped to promote friendly relations by making the offer, however possibly empty.

"Then it shall be done. We shall band together against the forces of those who would eradicate all the dark places of the world and call ourselves the Wardens of Dusk. Any who share our ideals may join us in our journey to safeguard the dark from the light" Faelan proclaimed, a dark energy swirling around him and Pisceanas* as he said this.

Spoiler: AP Actions
    Show
    Start AP: 9

Create Pantheon 3AP: Form the Wardens of Dusk, a Pantheon dedicated to protecting the world from the light that would wreak havoc upon the dark places and hidden depths.

End AP: 6

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Pisceanas has been invited to join the Wardens of Dusk.

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    His life was over.
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Mystic who fluffs things with madness and zeal,
    Mynxae who always seeks rifts to heal,
    The lovely Dark Lady who's never at odds;
    These are a few of our favorite mods!

23. - Top - End - #263
    Titan in the Playground

A Cestrim female monk comes to meet the undead she is garbed only in a thin almost see through orange cloth. There is as much feminity in her as there is beauty in a blade. It is something tangential to the point, embelishing, but ultimately pointless to it's cold lethality. She seems as unfazed by the gruesome undead, being made of moose and fox carcasses they cannot be called pretty, as she is by the cold.

"Halt. Do you come to the monastery in seek of refuge or enlightment?"
    The Undead don't seem to regard the near naked woman with any other regard of the animals they were made from, only giving a low bow as ice and snow cracked of their bodies. "This one speaks for Al'Uthla, it has come to speak to the Brood Leader of this Hive." It nods to its fellows, one of the many Bone Weavers moving forward to place a sack on the ground filled with onions and other vegetables. "Hive Uthla offers that one much food, in return it asks only to document your teachings and discoveries."

Quote Originally Posted by Mynxae View Post
    The Dead and Dark

Kalyr nodded and motioned for four of the Darkin accompanying him to come forward. "Go with them and you shall make your race proud" he said to the "breeding pairs", then directed his words towards the Speaker, "I would like to request some form of weaponry to be brought to us when you bring back my brethren. That way, we become stronger as a whole as we adapt".
    "This one will do as it is asked, may the Hives grow stronger in this agreement. It thanks Brood Leader Executor for it's understanding and kindness." The Speaker bows, the Bone Weavers leading the dark creatures off towards their Hive.

The Twilight Grove
    Yen'Shi and Mau

Yen'Shi had regarded its siblings and in its viewing it saw what it was lacking. Many of its brothers and sisters had brought other Gods into their world and they worked over the world and the planes in their stead. It would not be outdone least the other Gods overtake it so it moved slowly into the depths of the pool that sat at the center of the Twilight Grove with plans to create a divider in the ranks of the Living, one capricious and like a child. Beneath in a cavern that stretched the width of the plane itself the Great Corpse Beast horded the grave goods those who came to the realm of the Dead brought with them to appease the dread master. In the darkness of the Grove it wove linen bandages with a thousand hands and then wove the bandages about a pile of gold until it vaguely resembled the body of a youthful girl with eyes made of the largest emeralds in its horde. It then wove a grand headdress of blackened roots as if a wig before placing it firmly on the mummified statue of wealth. It then moved a single talon, imparting its creation with a spark of its own divine essence, breathing in it life.

24. - Top - End - #264

Raelzun

No, this simply will not do, thought Kaylee, the musarch of the Merfolk kingdom.

She could still remember how the music used to make everyone smile. Everyone danced and sang, and was generally happy for some time. But now, whenever they tried to make music, the end of the winter got even colder. This event was depressing, bad news indeed. Kaylee wanted to cry, for the music had been such an important part of her life, it meant something to her, deep inside her soul.

Kaylee knew something had to be done, she had a song in her heart but was beginning to become too hesitant to write it. Small pieces of ice had started to form in the sea and much of the vegetation in Raelzun had suffered from the temperatures caused by their refusal to stop making music. When The Merfolk kingdom and the city of Raelzun began trade, music spread like wildfire and became a cultural phenomenon; now they were all feeling the side-effects from that. Where there was singing, ballads became more common, and almost all happy singing had stopped.

This afternoon, the Musarch retreated to a secluded alcove on the far side of the coast and started to write a song, too hesitant to sing it. Needless to say, she was more than ready to make a deal.

The Ocean

Flucton spoke again, somewhat more carefully now that he had realized who he is talking to, but whatever care he gained hardly showed thanks to him feeling like he was in a position of power again. This results in him sounding just as pompous but less hostile. "I can offer you our gratitude but not our servitude. What is in the past is in the past. What could you offer us that would make it worthwhile to break our normal feeding habits?"

Nebulecron did a small dance that ended with his body pointing towards Illnara. His mouth moved while he was dancing, then, once he finished, Illnara could hear him say <I think they want a bribe, but they don't know what they want.> She could hear it as fi it was whispered in her ear, and assumed that the other Serpents could not hear it.

Pisceanas grinned with prideful joy, "let it be so, and let us hope that none shall oppose us." The Sinister Mystery melded part of her energy with the dark energy whirling around them. "It may do us well to recruit at least one more into our ranks, don't you think? It could mean more power..."

Spoiler
    Show
    Starting with 1 AP
    Haven't done rollover yet: +4
    Join Pantheon: -1
    For a grand total of: 4 AP

25. - Top - End - #265
    Ettin in the Playground

Karaziemia just smacks at the sun god with her branches.

"They aren't yours."
    Illnara rushes in, great big Ork-like tusks sprouting from her jaw-line and she rears a fist back before launching it full-force at the Sun-God. Shouting in a deep and grumbling voice as if the earth itself spoke "Enough of your arrogance, Sun God. You can't just do whatever you want!"
    "It is you who misplace yourself for the Dead were and are my domain since the birth of this realm yet I seek no dominion over them. All my brothers and sisters and all their children are permitted to rule over their dead and their souls for that is the pact I have made with the creator of such. The Phoenix Lord may verify my words. Had you come to speak your desire to me I would have held no quarrel and even now make no demands for you to lift your curse or your control. It is a lack of etiquette and your care for the Balance I am here to protest." Yen'Shi however backs away when the younger God and his sibling take arms against the Sun God, making it quite clear it wants no part. "The choice is yours, heal this wound and we shall have no bitterness between us. Continue on your course and the future is not so certain."
    The first strike from Karaziemia was unexpected and so connected with the armour of the Sun God, knocking him to his knees. The second from Illnara was however expected and Namiranzul dissolved into liquid fire and parted before the blow. In this form he flowed across the floor like a fiery serpent and briefly coiled around Yen Shi before taking to the air.
    "Apologies Brother, circumstances prevent us from continuing our discussion at this time and place. You know where to find me, I will not hide."
    With a sound like thunder the serpent form taken by Namiranzul exploded into thousands of rapidly dying embers. The Sun God had departed and already his Temple appeared darker than it had before.

And across the wastes of the Ashlands a voice called at the fire in the hearts of the Revenants and it bade them travel West to the shores of the great ocean. In their smouldering hearts they knew that it was the voice of the Giver of Light and Life and so they followed it toward the setting of the Sun.

Dragons!

26. - Top - End - #266

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Sweetheart's face fell and pity swelled within her. "... darling..." She knelt down next to him and placed a hand on his arm. "... Romancy... can only heal people who can feel love. And that requires... living. I only got to you in time. I'm sorry."

Sweetheart tried to comfort him. She forced his grief down just a bit, and brought his love - for his country, his men - to the forefront. Normally she would've brought the human's love for her forward, but humans were notorious for how long it could take to fall in love. Seriously, months? Even years? That was just ridiculous! How nymphs managed it in a week, she'd never know.

... But that wasn't important. She pulled the human into a hug. "... You never told me your name."
    Scouting Party
    (What's left of it)

"I-it's Steve." The man fell limp into her arms. "They're... they're really dead?" He looked into her eyes. "How?"

The humans would find the Hive quite hospitable even while they fast, rooms and accommodations built, albeit crudely, as if expecting their arrival and the Hive itself is unusually well lit, the binding on their eyes removed as soon as they arrive to their quarters. The Weavers, as the Humans call them, are nothing short of polite in their strange way and only trouble it's "guests" for occasional questions which they scribble on bone before leaving. The surly and aggressive Jakov is only treated better by any standards, the hurried eating only prompting more food and drink brought and the rather agitated attitude only causes more of Weavers taking an interest in the poor man perhaps to his dismay. As the days their wards were permitted the Weavers do their best to bring their eight fellows to the center of the Hive before the massive hanging structure of bone where eight seats are put out before the display.
    The Trade
    Hive Al'Anzur

With the exception of Jakov, each human seemed comfortable in their abodes, or at least not showing fear. Questions were asked and answers were given, some expressionless, others invested in the questions and one human female even shared a joke with an undead, which began a long and lengthy explanation of the concept of humor. After the woman finally gave up and retired to bed, she heard the Weaver exclaim in the halls of the hive "Oh, wait! I get it!" Followed by a sound similar to rocks colliding with glass on a windy night. That night she dreamt of spiders and bony barmen.

All the while, whether fearful or brave, the humans watched and observed the goings-on in the hive, taking everything in...

When the humans moved to the Hive's center Jakov took one look at the massive structure rising out of the ground and said "Nope, not going there—oh all right, woman!" A strong female began dragging him to the seats before the bone pillar.

A dull realization
    The Godsword

Greyl ceased his hammering. Stretching his back, he walked outside for the first time in centuries. It was probably centuries. He never could keep track of the time.

He came upon the first snow of winter. He stared at the skies, marveling at each individual flake. Putting out his hand, he caught a few and marveled some more. Although broken, a curious pattern was held within each one. Water frozen into crystalline structures... it was remarkable. How was it that this came to be?

It was then that he remembered that he was not alone in this world. It wasn't just Greyl and the humans and the occasional trip to dreamland, there were other gods out there, whether heard of through dreams, servants or divine intervention: a god of T-Rexes whose existence makes the wilders fear for their lives, a god of fortune who reshaped Tixial, a lord of the dead who gave great wealth to Greylith, a god of shadow who cursed the lord of the sun, the sun god who brought warmth to the land, and now this, the work of a god who could take away that warmth.

And who knows how many more there were beyond that.

Greyl looked over his city and observed fear in their hearts: of the king, the dead, the monsters, the Getters, and even this coming winter. Letting the humans explore the world for themselves was necessary, but their god existed for a reason. It was time to stop dreaming, time to stop working. The project could wait for now. Now, it was time to make friends.

He walked back inside the sword. A moment later, the western side of the hilt opened up, and out came a great metal contraption billowing smoke behind it's rear. A loud roar echoed throughout the city, but due to the weather no one could see the source. The vehicle took off through the sky and arched over to the north of the city, racing the storm across Tixial. He would let the winds guide his flight, for as long as his silly instrument could last.

Greylith, First City of Humans
    Dreams of worser days

Young Henry awoke that morning with tears in his eyes.

"What is it, Henry?" The Queen asked that morning when she noticed her son trying to fight off the urge to weep at the breakfast table.

"It's just..." Henry sniffled. "I had a bad dream, mother. There was this pretty singing and something about winter, and now it's... singing is just really, really bad..." The boy clawed at the table. "And now they have to stop. They all have to stop, or we'll all freeze to death!"

"Hush now, child," His mother said. She took his hand in hers. "Nothing in those dreams can hurt you now. Isn't that right, dear?"

Ramesh didn't hear her. He attention was on the snow falling outside the windows of the dining room. He closed his eyes and listened to the sound of the wind blowing across the palace walls. Putting his lips together, the king whistled. As if in response, the snow in the wind seemed to whip in his direction, obscuring the view a bit quicker. "Hmm." The king smiled. "Looks like we've got another dreamer in the family."

Spoiler: AP Usage
    Show
    Starting AP: 7

Gain Domain - 3 AP: Craft (Inventions)
    Bless -1 AP: Certain individuals within Greylith have clarvoience in their dreams, and can sometimes peer across space nto the present or future, but only while living near the Godsword. (It's shadow ties to the dreamlands!)

Remaining AP: 3

In other news I finally figured out a good RP effect for the Godsword: visions of the future!
    Last edited by SpeedWitch; 2015-06-16 at 06:02 AM.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Titan in the Playground

Scouting Party
    (What's left of it)

"I-it's Steve." The man fell limp into her arms. "They're... they're really dead?" He looked into her eyes. "How?"
    "Steve. I like it." Sweetheart laid the man down on the ground. "You probably won't remember. Trauma tends to do that. I'll tell you what I know, but you need to rest." She placed her hands on his belly, and as she spoke Steve felt warmth spread through his body. His aches started to fade, and his remaining wounds knitted together.

Sweetheart hadn't actually seen what had happened. She'd been gathering honey for food when she had heard screaming in the distance. She'd been eager to get her first contract ("And such a cute one!") so she had run to the site, not realizing that screaming was probably bad. When she'd arrived, she'd found the scouting party in utter ruin - corpses and blood everywhere, their supplies wrecked... Her guess at the time was that a T-Rex had gone through the party, but the trees around them were still intact, so that didn't make much sense. Now, with the benefit of hindsight, she supposed it was possible that a group of humans had done it, though she was evidently confused as to why.

She'd moved between the bodies, trying to bring any of them back to their feet. She'd failed on each of them, and had begun to despair. Then...

---
    One of the humans coughed.

Sweetheart went utterly still from sheer shock. One of them was hurt badly, but he was still alive. She wasted precious seconds trying to process this before she ran to the human and fell to her knees. Steve had been propped up against a tree, sword in one hand. He tried to raise it (perhaps thinking Sweetheart was a threat?) before it fell from his fingers. He was barely alive.

But he was alive.

Sweetheart pressed her lips against his, trying to stoke his lust. She needed his emotions ablaze if she was going to fix this - she could only do so much for a stranger.

Barely even a flicker.

... In retrospect, that should have been obvious - the giant hole in his stomach probably took priority. She tried using her own feelings - for Amoros, for the forest, for life in general. His stomach remained stubbornly open, though she noticed a bit of light return to his eyes. Good, the magic was doing something.

"...I'm going to die." The man said quietly.

Sweetheart didn't answer.

"...It hurts."

"I know." Sweetheart couldn't do much more to ease his pain. She tried kissing him again, and got the same flicker. "I'm going to make it all better, just you wait and see."

The man didn't answer. He knew she was lieing. She bit her lower lip and tried once more. His wounds remained stubbornly open.

".......a ny- no, clothes... you're a dryad..."

She blinked. "Uh... yes."

The man smiled to himself. "Heh. I told 'em......" His eyes began to fade.

She suddenly grasped his hand as an idea occurred to her. It would hurt her if it failed, but... "Human, will you be my companion?"

The human coughed up blood. He then looked up, bleary-eyed. "Don't pretend I'm gonna make it."

"You will make it." Sweetheart said with conviction. "Now human. Will you be my companion for a year and a day?"

He was silent before smiling to himself. "Alright. I'll-"

No time for proper ceremony, that was a yes. She pressed her mouth to his and forced her tongue inside, and felt the contract seal. She took hold of every last ounce of love he had and turned it to healing his wounds. She took her own and did the same. There was more for her to use, now, and a contract made the healing easier to cast. His founds finally began to close, and she felt tears well up in her eyes. He was going to make it.

---

"I moved you later, when it was safe." Sweetheart finished, his head in her lap. "I didn't think waking up to see... that would have been good for you. And... well..." She blushed. "You're my first companion. I wanted it to go well."

She petted his head, blush deepening.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

28. - Top - End - #268
    Orc in the Playground

The Stone Coliseum
    Hehehehe, Raxmos praise whichever god it was that deemed to make our arms grow, T-Rax said as he threw one T-Rex into the massive gang trying to get him. This, of course, led to a massive pile of T-Rexes forming. The image is comparable to a bowling ball striking down pins.

Tixial: Tim's Camp - T-Rex Riding Training Montage
    Risin' up, back on the street
    Tim gets up from his sick bed to the rejoicing of his attendants.
    Did my time, took my chances
    Tim slowly climbs Phil, but falls off.
    Went the distance
    Tim rides on Phil through the trees for about five seconds before falling off.
    Now I'm back on my feet
    Tim rides Phil through the trees valiantly.
    Just a man and his will to survive

So many times it happens too fast
    Another rider attempts to mount Sharnille.
    You trade your passion for glory
    Said rider is flung off
    Don't lose your grip on the dreams of the past
    Said rider hangs onto Sharnille as Sharnille struggles to throw the rider off.
    You must fight just to keep them alive
    Sharnille sighs and finally consents to being ridden.

It's the eye of the T-Rex
    Tim casts a few basic spells off of the back of Tim.
    It's the thrill of the fight
    Sharnille's rider shoots a fireball at a small purple worm.
    Rising up to the challenge of our rival
    Sharnille grabs the worm with her arms and bites it into two pieces
    And the last known survivor
    Tim kills a T-Rex using magic while riding Phil.
    Stalks his prey in the night
    Phil takes a bite out of a non-humanoid Gohma.
    And he's watching us all with the eye of the T-Rex
    I owe my great avatar to AvocadoAvenger. A big thanks to him!

29. - Top - End - #269
    Troll in the Playground

The Ocean - Illnara, Serpents

"The past is the past? You take importance over your station, little one. I gave so much to your kind already and now you demand more." Illnara questioned the Archon with a tilt of her head.

"Very well, I will play your game." She waved her hand and a change came about the serpents. A few among them began to grow limbs, great and powerful legs that ended in curved talons which enabled those select few Sea Serpents the ability to move upon land, no longer limited to the Ocean.

"In exchange, Orks remain unharmed for all of Eternity. Should it happen to come about otherwise, I shall visit my full and undivided wrath upon your kind." Illnara awaited a response.

Namiranzul's Temple, Raelzun, Norian - Illnara, Karaziemia, Yen Shi

Illnara turned to Yen Shi, her muscles receding and her tusks dissipating as her Ork like form returned to her original self. Clad in palm leaves and with earings of coconut shells, Illnara addresses Yen Shi "You must be the god of the ones that intermingle with my children. It is right about time that we meet."

Illnara offered a nod to the God of Death before moving about the temple, readjusting the altar's contents and sweeping debris from it's surface. A broom of Orkish make appears in her hands as she begins to tend to the dirt and debris upon the stone floor. "Lord of Death, I have met few deities. There is my sister whom I have created, forever loyal and trust worthy. There is Namiranzul, he whom I gave the benefit of the doubt, hoping for a peaceful coexistence although he tampered with my plans. A poisonous cobra would have been trustworthy when compared to him."

She stops sweeping, leaning on the broom as she stares at Yen Shi. "I have seen gods gathered upon the shadowy island to the south, violent and bent on combat. Here, another god appears before me, his form if an indication does not appear to be the friendly sort but he has yet to wrong me. What then shall I do? Should I give him the same benefit of the doubt that I gave to Namiranzul? Would I be betrayed again?"
    Currently Playing

30. - Top - End - #270
    Titan in the Playground

Namiranzul's Temple, Raelzun, Norian - Illnara, Karaziemia, Yen Shi

Yen'Shi watches the fight unfold before it though continues to make no move either to interfere, intercede or interrupt, merely standing out of the way and watching with the same impassiveness that seems its hallmark. It makes no further move as the flaming serpent whips around it and flees, watching only as the God recedes into the distance with a contemplative hmph. It is quick to swivel on the other remaining Gods, regarding Illnara with equal measure. "The Twilight Grove is a place where all Gods may meet. I see little cause to leave it. It is good you know me and those that move with my name, have they brought unkindness to your people?" it offers though remains stationary as the Goddess moves about. "I appeared here to petition that the Undead created not in my name be rectified. I have no interest in the living things for only the Dead are my purview. Yet I have not made a move to claim your dead or those of your "sibling" whose spirits return to the woods. Against the accord I have made with the Phoenix Lord that calls for all Gods to petition for the souls it created. Did it not herald this agreement?"

Yen'Shi's talons click, the only outward sign of agitation, as its gaze remains locked on the Goddess of Life. "And it is because we are siblings born from the Creator and given dominion over this existence that I have not come to make demands for it is beyond etiquette to do such and I make no demands even now. Our goals do not align for you seek only life and I seek only stewardship over the dead and our jobs thus meet only in the moment the living cease to hold that station and when the Dead return to life. But we are not enemies as of this moment. Perhaps in time we will come to blows or perhaps in time it is proven it is best we work together than against one another. We hold no quarrels and I do not seek to make any. You may come to my realm, you may eat at my table and you may bring gifts and I will exchange mine as a host must do but this meeting here lies outside the bounds of hospitality and I am loathe to make agreements when the proper rituals have not been observed. For now we are but siblings and I extend upon you the courtesy that is the right of one linked by divine essence." Yen'Shi offers a bow though makes no other moves, fingers continuing to beat out a rapid staccato.
    Last edited by Razade; 2015-06-16 at 02:55 PM.