New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast

Thread: Inside 62

1. - Top - End - #151
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Inside 62

[Blue Zone Park]

Huh. The city is mechanizing its scum now.

"Good day to you. It's overwarm. Not so much that people die from it, but enough for them to suffer."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

2. - Top - End - #152
    Orc in the Playground

[Blue Zone Park]

"Better for people to die than for them to suffer, or for the source of the suffering to be killed. Both ways, and the people don't get to suffer."

The gentleman glances at the sword. "That's a fine sword. Where did you get it?"

3. - Top - End - #153

[Blue Zone Park]

"You want to kill the sun."
    Winds doesn't even bother with a question mark. Lets the madness of the statement speak for itself.

He runs a hand along the sheath.
    "It was a gift. I understand it's a relic of an extinct oceanic civilization."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

4. - Top - End - #154
    Orc in the Playground

[Blue Zone Park]

"Be it that it were possible, yes I would."

Nothing is impossible. The good doctor showed him that.

"Relic or not doesn't matter, boy. What matters is how you use it. Treat the tool well, and it will serve you well in return."

He turns to look directly at Winds. "You know this, of course. That sword is an extension of you, is it not?" Like all good swordsmen should see their sword.

5. - Top - End - #155

[Blue Zone Park]

"Shortsighted of you. Stars are useful."

Winds doesn't bother looking at the machine.
    "No. It's a tool."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

6. - Top - End - #156
    Halfling in the Playground

[The Market Square - Thadia]

The mad meatgrinder of bodies closes in hard around Thadia, battering her with whatever they can keep a hold of. To be honest, their attack is made less effective by her initial inaction. They can't exactly mob in close as one and batter her with their fists. They have to stab with knives, reel back with swords or clubs, make room to strike. They catch on eachother, hinder their movements, crowd and clout.

Which is why the first of them to be thrown backwards has such spectacular effect. A creature with a melted face hurtles into his comrades, and they collapse to the cobblestones in a roaring, hissing pile. It's harder to regain their feet when the one Thadia struck is gasping and clutching his jagged chest. He is thrown aside and trampled.

Again and again they're hurled back, again they surge in to strike, merciless, tireless, filled with sick rage and the vigor of men soon to die. It's when she breaks through a weak spot and reaches the sports stall that they reassess their tactics. One more particularly burly monster is thrown backwards like a toy before the rest of them slow their advance, a wall of vicious killers in ragged, makeshift clothes, stolen coats, moth-eaten hats tucked low over sneering, irradiated faces.

"Laaaaads!" Roars a familiar voice slathered with a mix of pain and natural speech impediment. Rattipede looms over his raiders, his many fists still clenched, willing Thadia death with his ruined eyes. "Bag'up, bag'up! Don't let 'im..."

Thadia's hockeystick scythes through the air. Sickening pops echo as a raider, o' too slow, loses his right knee. The swing carries on through, flipping him sideways as he screams, and the others leap away. A loose semi-circle stumbles back, away from the monstrously strong girl and her improvised weapon.

"Guns! Someboddeh shoot 'im!"

Several thick fingers point purposefully at Thadia.

The handful at the forefront of the crowd who have some manner of gun to shoot with do so. They paw out blunderbusses, tiny laser pistols, bring rifles to their cheeks. Thadia has a moment to act before she and the stall at her back are shredded for the second time, and in this instance by a fair degree more firepower.

[Market Square - John O'Connor]

In lieu of a bucket, John can likely tear apart what's left of the tent before it all burns away. The slightly singed woman crawls out into his arms, trying to rise.

But as he flew, and as he acted, BR may have failed to keep track of just where Baron Seilly is, if that was ever his concern at all.

The Baron walks. He takes a scrap-metal javelin from a man beside him and leaps from the wagon's confines, cape swirling. His long, spidery legs carry him too quickly over the ruins, eating up the distance between he and the white haired creature.

And when he's close... Perhaps thirty yards...

His steel-clad arm knocks back, his body tenses. Muscles like steel cable clench and then twist.

The javelin soars.

The Baron's aim isn't what it used to be. While he'll more than likely hit John without a reaction, who knows where he'll hit... and with that woman so close, one can only hope John keeps her from harm's way.

Behind the deadly length of steel, a tall man clad in dusty-black armor smiles his ill smile.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

7. - Top - End - #157
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    "Shortsighted of you. Stars are useful."

Winds doesn't bother looking at the machine.
    "No. It's a tool."
    [Blue Zone Park]

The gentleman smiles. "Smart youngster. Yes, they are useful, indeed." He chooses not to say anymore.

"Oh? And why do you say that, young man?"
    Last edited by Cyber Punk; 2015-06-25 at 12:27 AM.

8. - Top - End - #158

[Blue Zone Park]

"It's true, and answers your question."
    Winds watches a frisbee fly by.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

9. - Top - End - #159
    Orc in the Playground

[Blue Zone Park]

A rather shady fellow passes in front of them and disappears into an alley. Without a word, the gentleman gets up and follows the shady fellow.

Moments later, the gentleman appears at the alley entrance and wipes his bloody blade down with a tissue, which he then discards. That done, he sheathes the sword back inside the walking stick and heads back towards the bench as though nothing had happened.
    Last edited by Cyber Punk; 2015-06-25 at 02:30 AM.

10. - Top - End - #160

[Blue Zone Park]

The man comes back to an empty bench.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

[Blue Zone Park]

Kelcey glides out of the same alley the fellow had disappeared into.

Spotting Lyov sitting on the bench, KC raises an eyebrow and moves to sit next to the other man.

'If I may ask,' he starts, 'did you kill the shady guy down there just now?'
    Last edited by goto124; 2015-06-26 at 03:42 AM.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Orc in the Playground

[Blue Zone Park]

"You should learn not to ask questions that could get you killed." The gentleman adjusts his monocle, though there is little need for him to. "All the same, yes I did. Mind telling me who you are?"

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

[Blue Zone Park]

Kelcey chuckles lightly. 'I'm far more concerned about your etiquette, sir.'

He gestures to the alley.

'Why did you leave the corpse hanging around there? It's unsightly, and its rotting smell could take over this beautiful park. I've burned the body, but next time please do it yourself.'

He extends an arm for a handshake. 'Call me Kaycee.'

14. - Top - End - #164
    Orc in the Playground

[Blue Zone Park]

"Thank you for that completely unwanted advice." The gentleman says in a calm tone, doing little to betray his annoyance.

He nods. "Lyov, russian for Lion."
    He responds simply, ignoring the handshake. "If you must know, your burning the body interferes with my work. It was a message. Next time, don't intrude in other people's affairs."

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

[Blue Zone Park]

Nassah Kelcey Kaycee blinks as he retracts his hand.

'Er, okay. Sorry.' What else do you do with trash that's just lying around? Leave it there and let some necromancer turn it into a zombie? In this world, it happens!

'So. What sort of work do you do anyway?'
    Last edited by goto124; 2015-06-26 at 03:45 AM.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

Market Square

Thadia's expression quickly goes from smug to shocked at the sheer amount of firepower aimed at her, and for a hearbeat she's unable to react. When she notices Rattipede however, she flings the hockey stick at him, giving it a nasty spin before reaching behind her with a single hand. In the face of so many weapons, the only thing she could think of was to build a barricade. "Sorry!" She shouts behind her to where she thinks the owner of the stall might be before lifting it up and slamming it down in front of her on its side so she can hunker behind it.

Hopefully it is thick enough to block or slow the majority of slugs and las being thrown at her, and after a bit she grins as she gets a bright idea. The raiders might find that the impromptu barricade is rushing at them as she tucks her shoulder against the back and pushes against the ground, using it as a battering ram aimed at the thickest knot of raiders.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by goto124 View Post
    Nassah Kelcey Kaycee blinks as he retracts his hand.

'Er, okay. Sorry.' What else do you do with trash that's just lying around? Leave it there and let some necromancer turn it into a zombie? In this world, it happens!

'So. What sort of work do you do anyway?'
    [Blue Zone Park]

"I am in the business of death." Lyov repiles, glancing at Kaycee and nodding. "It's what I was made to do by the doctor."

He decides to ask back, out of politeness. "And you?"

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

[Blue Zone Park]

Why is Lyov being vague?

Kaycee spends a while arranging his thoughts.

'My NPC self was a CEO of some perfume company, who... left?... after he managed to make a lot of money. Enough to get a whole island, make it into a tourist attraction and live on it.'

He shrugs, in a show of "I'm not really sure either."

'If you mean now, though? Adventurer. My island's my source of income- it's a little pocket of video game logic where I can kill NPCs regularly and profit heavily from it. Effectively infinite money now.'

Kaycee sits up in the bench.

'Would it be appropriate, to ask who this doctor is?'

19. - Top - End - #169
    Orc in the Playground

[Blue Zone Park]

Lyov checks his watch. "That's all very interesting, Kaycee, but I am afraid I must leave."

He gets up and starts to walk away. "A pleasure meeting you."

20. - Top - End - #170
    Troll in the Playground

[The Market Square - John O'Connell]

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    In lieu of a bucket, John can likely tear apart what's left of the tent before it all burns away. The slightly singed woman crawls out into his arms, trying to rise.

But as he flew, and as he acted, BR may have failed to keep track of just where Baron Seilly is, if that was ever his concern at all.

The Baron walks. He takes a scrap-metal javelin from a man beside him and leaps from the wagon's confines, cape swirling. His long, spidery legs carry him too quickly over the ruins, eating up the distance between he and the white haired creature.

And when he's close... Perhaps thirty yards...

His steel-clad arm knocks back, his body tenses. Muscles like steel cable clench and then twist.

The javelin soars.

The Baron's aim isn't what it used to be. While he'll more than likely hit John without a reaction, who knows where he'll hit... and with that woman so close, one can only hope John keeps her from harm's way.

Behind the deadly length of steel, a tall man clad in dusty-black armor smiles his ill smile.
    "You're safe now, ma'am," John says, scooping the woman up and starting to turn to escape the ruined, collapsing, burning tent...

...just in time to take a scrap-metal arrowjavelin to the knee.

He manages not to scream or turn the air blue, but from the course of expressions over his face combined with his half-collapsing it's clear that ohscrapthathurt.

...as with his uninjured leg he gives a mighty push even as he partially topples, and launches himself, and his rescuee passenger, into the air in a mighty leap to (relative) safety - somewhere over THERE.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    I think it would be best if your house was the one that contacted the others to inquire for members, as yours has more established power due to your years of rule. In the meantime, do you think it would be unwise to found the unit and I work with the first members our two clans supply?
    Chessxenna suggests
    "We will send out communications to that effect, yes." Erelae agrees. "And I think it would be best to bring all of the members together at once, so that there isn't any potential for favoritism or some such to be precieved."

((Let me pull things together in the OOC Thread))

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Delmah Phor - Courtyard

Biter's head pokes out from on top of Claw as he grins at the drowess. "Hello! Climb on up! I'm making coffee." He tells her before vanishing again. Claw doesn't seem to be bothered by her presence and if she chooses to climb up she'll find it easy to do so. True to his word, he'll be making a bit of coffee, heading a small glass pot over one of Claw's heat sinks which are in the shape of a small spike along her back.
    "Oh! Alright!" Aly'ithra calls up to Biter. She approaches Claw and mumbles a "do excuse me for this." before climbing up. This catches a few stares from people walking by. A Xar'Cha noble acting in such a way. Once up top, Aly'ithra tries to find a safe place to sit where she can speak comfortably with Biter. "Hello again. I hope you're comfortable out here."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Sewers]

Fade recovers from the last attack, but he isn't ready to jump away now. Instead he is going to the offensive. As the undead creature tries to grab him, Fade holds his sword hight and tries to hit the incoming hand. In the swing he calls the magic words and the blade ignites just befor the sword would hit. If that doesn't stop the hand, it likly pins fade down.
    The monster disappears into the water with a large splash, leaving Fade behind. A severed hand lands at his feet. The fingers wriggle and release the weapon. The wound still sizzles from the fire as something inside the arms wriggles.

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Sewers]

When Dipsnig notices that there are still vines on his armour, he backs away some more, and then activates the suit's power venting system. Its purpose is to cool the armour down, and that's what it does... but as a result, it vents intense heat and a few flames outside.
    The vines and bits attached to the suit don't seem to like the heat, writhering and crawling away from the source they make their way back to the water.

The creature stirs in the water, brief glimpses of ripples emerge around the small islands that Fade hops along.
    Last edited by Holy-hunter; 2015-06-28 at 01:18 PM.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Titan in the Playground

[Sewers]

Dipsnig backs away slowly, the suit's arms at the ready. He'd rather not fire his concussive weapon blindly.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Sewers]

Fade is impressed how easy the sword cut of the hand, but he knows that he barly got the time to tell Dipsnig about the fine sword he got. He then takes the sword in both hands and hit's the remaining arm. Whatever it is it's best be dead.
    Should it work and the monster doesn't show of again, Fade will jump back the save ground.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

25. - Top - End - #175
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97 View Post
    "We will send out communications to that effect, yes." Erelae agrees. "And I think it would be best to bring all of the members together at once, so that there isn't any potential for favoritism or some such to be precieved."
    Chessxenna nods in agreement.
    I'll arrange things within my house, then. When and where shall we converge?
    She inquires.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

26. - Top - End - #176
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Somewhere Confusing]

"This place is really confusing..." Tristan mutters as they poke their head through an arched doorway in the ceiling at the top of a stairway. As soon as they do, they're hit with a feeling of vertigo as their sense of balance suddenly insists that gravity is pulling them in a direction perpendicular to the floor. This results in the presently unified chimera back-peddling slightly and giving their head a good shake.

Very confusing.

At first, it had seemed like nothing more than a really weird out-door garden. Marble architecture, strange trees, and the odd bit of surreal art. Melting clocks and the like. Tristan was pretty sure what they were looking for was on the other side.

The mime had told them so.

Or at least, that was the distinct impression the trio had gotten.

Because, y'know.

Mime.

But now that they had ventured in, it was as if they had blundered into an MC Escher painting populated with random potted plants, impossible geometries, faceless humanoid figures wandering about aimlessly, and a blissful lack of eldritch horrors.

And, of course, one very confused chimera.

They're pretty sure they had seen themselves ducking into a few doorways from the corner of their vision already...

Regardless, Tristan gives a huff, crossing their arms over their chest and glaring up at the archway in the ceiling. They are, at the moment, in their humanoid form. Generally human build with rather striking non-human traits. Such as the hooves and antlers of a kirin, the wings and tail of wyvern, and the paws and ears of a shedu. Its hard to tell whether they're supposed to be a very feminine guy or a very masculine gal, honestly. The miss-matched reptilian and feline eyes really nail home the look.

Their attire is totally mundane by contrast and not at all mismatched. A pair of simple athletic pants with an extra 'leg' for their tail along with a sports bra to accommodate their wings. Makes for a comfortable outfit to be flying and or hiking around in whilst enjoying Inside's summer months.

"You aren't going to make this easy, are you?" Trist asks of the doorway.

The doorway, being a geometrically impossible inanimate object, offers no reply.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Dwarf in the Playground

Somewhere Confusing

"It's easier to just take paths that you know you can take," A voice says. Out of a window, neatly stepping out and onto the wall that is a floor for her and a ceiling for Trist, is a woman in a pale green dress with dark green hair. "That said, I won't blame you for challenging yourself, but I get the feeling that there's several ways anywhere with this place." She leaps up into the air, and falls straight down onto the wall next to that infuriating door. "You just need a head to find them."

28. - Top - End - #178
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Somewhere Confusing]

Well.

That's the first person Trist has found since stumbling into their weird place.

Not counting the faceless humanoids, of course.

Those things seem more like ambulatory art than they do people.

Okay, well. Not the first person Trist has found.

The first person Trist found was some poor gnoll sitting atop a shattered gazebo and crying bitterly. They had tried to offer comfort, but the fuzzy humanoid wouldn't have any of it. Just lots of back-turning and crying.

So the gal in the dress is the first responsive person they have bumped into.

"I... guess...?" Tristan replies uncertainly. "We met a mime who seemed pretty insistent that this was the route to take."

A beat.

"Normally I would be a bit leery about mime-advice, but the spirit wolf inside that gold chalice seemed to know what he was talking about."

Trist has been on some really weird adventures since landing in the Nexus.

"If you just mean paths through this place in general, though? I've been following a real-time map on my smart phone," they glance down at the phone's screen, which is presently display a six-dimensional map of the non-euclidean gardens. "I mean... I think we've been following it, anyway.."
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Troll in the Playground

{Rock Pile -> Albert's House}

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantom View Post
    "Once, if you call a quest to kill the Lord of Vampires, adventuring. Going through lands filled with horrors to reach his monster filled castle, get through that defeating his servants, including Death, and then a showdown with the Lord of Darkness himself. That, is what I did. That is what my family must do, every time he comes back."

Not pleasant memories, that. But it had to be done.
    Katrina's eyes go wide. "The Lord of Vampires? How.... How does that responsibility just fall to your family? I would think there would be many families who wish to fight this vampire lord? Katrina asks, constantly followed by the *pop-thump* of the cauldron following them.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

30. - Top - End - #180
    Dwarf in the Playground

Somewhere Confusing

"There's a certain point where it's better to go around," the woman says, "But that depends. Where are you trying to go, overall? In Inside, it will serve you well to keep your destination in mind."