New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Alternate Class Features/Racial Class Features/Alternat

Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    Thought I scrubbed all those references, missed that one. Good addition there.
    Well if you're gonna rip me off, at least do it right

2. - Top - End - #152
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Alternate Class Features/Racial Class Features/Alternat

Quote Originally Posted by Extra Anchovies View Post
    Permission granted.
    Anchovy Knight (Dread Necromancer Archetype)

Levels: Many.

Spelllist: An Anchovy Knight adds the following spells to their Dread Necromancer Spell-list

Spoiler
    Show
    1st: Mount.

2nd: See Invisibility.

3rd: Phantasmal Steed.

4th: Wall of Ice.

5th: Symbol of Pain.

6th: Symbol of Fear.

7th: Power Word Blind.

8th: Power Word Stun.

9th: Power Word Kill Tanis Half-Elven

They lose the following spells as well:

Spoiler
    Show
    1st: Undetectable Alignment.

2nd: Summon Swarm.

3rd: Ray of Exhaustion.

4th: Black Tentacles.

5th: Insect Plague.

6th: Acid Fog.

7th: Greater Harm.

8th: -

9th: Mass Harm.

2nd Level (and further 7th, 11th, 15th): An Anchovy Knight does not gain Lich Body, instead gaining Death Knight Body which grants +1 natural armor and DR 2/magic for every 2 points of DR /magic and bludgeoning they would normally gain from Lich Body.

6th Level (and further 11th and 16th): An Anchovy Knight does not gain Scabrous Touch. Instead beginning at 6th level a creature with 5 or less hit dice and at least 3 less HD than the Anchovy Knight's Dread Necromancer level which fails their save against the Anchovy Knight's Dread Necromancer fear aura is panicked for 1 round/class level. At 11th level an Anchovy Knight's fear aura extends 10-ft for the purposes of 5 HD or less creatures. At 16th level it extends 15-ft for 5 HD or less creatures.

7th Level: An Anchovy Knight does not gain the ability to summon an (Improved) Familiar. Instead they gain the ability to call down an Abyssal Blast 1/day.

Abyssal Blast (Su): Once per day you may release a 20-ft radius burst of unholy fire within 400-ft +40-ft per Dread Necromancer level which deals 1d6 damage/class level. This damage is half fire and half pure divine force unaffected by fire resistance/immunity (like Flame Strike). A Reflex save (DC 10 + 1/2 dread necromancer level + Cha modifier) is allowed to half this damage.

12th: An Anchovy Knight does not gain Enervating Touch. Instead they may choose to inflict Constitution damage with their Charnel Touch. If they do so the target must make a Fort save (DC 10 + 1/2 dread necromancer level + Cha) or take 1 Con damage.

17th: An Anchovy Knight does not gain the improvement to Enervating Touch at this level. Instead they gain Spell Resistance 12 + Dread Necromancer level.

20th: An Anchovy Knight does not gain the Lich Transformation feature. Instead they become a Death Knight (MMII 207, or DLCS 212; there are differences mostly in Spell-like Abilities which are what the Anchovy Knight's extended spell list is drawn from, but the DLCS version gains the ability to create Skeleton Warriors, it is also 3.5 as opposed to 3.0).
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    Anchovy Knight (Dread Necromancer Archetype)
    Oooh, this is cool! If I ever end up as a Dread Necromancer I'll definitely consider this.
    Please use they/them/theirs when referring to me in the third person.
    My Homebrew (PF, 3.5)
    Awesome Bone Knight avatar by Chd.
    Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    Cassidy Halloran, Human Scout
    William Gamache, Human Relic Channeler Medium
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AGrinningCat View Post
    Lay on hands? More like Lay your Eyes on this sick elbow drop!

4. - Top - End - #154
    Titan in the Playground

Imbue (Loyal) Paladin (Incarnation ACF)

Level: 10th.

Replaces: Bestow Divine Power.

Requires: Good domain, Lawful Good alignment.

Effect: An Incarnation with this power can bestow upon the faithful the power of justice. Beginning at 10th level an Incarnation can bless any number of holy symbols to them within 30-ft; these holy symbols must clearly show the Incarnation’s personal holy sign. In addition they may have clerics which can obtain levels up to one less than the Incarnation’s class level (these clerics must obtain these levels normally). Finally by sacrificing access to the Spell-like Abilities granted by one of their domains, an Incarnation can grant a faithful Lawful Good creature (including themselves) a portion of a paladin's holy might. The affected creature gains the ability to Smite Evil and Summon a Mount as a paladin of 1/2 the Incarnation's Incarnation level, as well as gaining Divine Health. If the target is not the Incarnation themselves then that target also gains Divine Grace and an Aura of Courage. Doing this is only a standard action, but an Incarnation may only use this ability 1/day. An Incarnation can revoke such powers as another standard action, but do not regain their Spell-like Abilities for another 24 hours after it is revoked. Should a creature bestowed this power break the paladin's code of conduct these powers are immediately revoked, and the Incarnation may not bestow them upon that creature again until it has atoned.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Wolf View Post
    I consent and gladly give (my permission).
    I Create Myself (Varies, Class Template)

Lost Features:

Monk: Wholeness of Body, Tongue of the Sun and Moon.

Wizard: 10th level Bonus Feat, and 20th level Bonus Feat.

Psion: 10th level Bonus Feat, and 20th level Bonus Feat.

Werewolf: 9th level Natural Armor increase (reducing 14th level to +3, and 17th to +4), and Mythic Wolf Power.

Gained Features:

Messages from a Future Self:

Gained at: Monk 7, Wizard 10, Psion 10, or Werewolf 9.

Effect: 1/day you may receive messages from your future self. You may invoke this as part of making a Knowledge check to automatically get a 20 on the roll (before modifiers), or else you may have this function as a Commune spell (CL = class level) except that you may only gain the answer to questions you could reasonably know the answer to within the next week without using this ability.

Re-write Time:

Gained at: Monk 17, Wizard 20, Psion 20, or Werewolf 20.

Effect: 1/day at the start of your turn you may undo the last 1 to 4 rounds. You retain knowledge of the events of these rounds, and this ability remains expended (even if another creature uses this ability to take you further back in time), but otherwise it is as if all events of those rounds never happened. You may choose to retain the effects of one single action made during this time (it does not need to be your action) including all resources expended as part of it (for example you could retain a fighter's full attack, or a wizard's Wail of the Banshee which would still be expended and any damage dealt by the former or creatures killed by the latter would stay dealt/killed), or you may retain a single creature's new position (but only position not other conditions affecting them; so you could maintain that a creature was now 100-ft to the left and prone, but not that it was entangled and petrified).
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2015-06-10 at 03:41 PM.

Current Projects:

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Firbolg in the Playground

Imbue (Loyal) Paladin (Incarnation ACF)
    That is awesome!
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

Check out my Celestial Compendium!

6. - Top - End - #156
    Titan in the Playground

Firstly Zaydos, sweet avatar, secondly i love Anchovies ACF, i totally want to play it.
    Last edited by Blackhawk748; 2015-06-10 at 04:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

7. - Top - End - #157

Zaydos, I want to gestalt your Incarnation class with Extra Anchovies' Champion class. Someday I will do it. It is now a life goal.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Bugbear in the Playground

BardGuy

I can't decide on Bard//Incarnation or Bard//Champion. Maybe a tristalt of Bard//Incarnation//Champion.
    See my Extended Signature for my list of silly shenanigans.

Anyone is welcome to use or critique my 3.5 Fighter homebrew: The Vanguard.

I am a Dungeon Master for Hire that creates custom content for people and programs d20 content for the HeroLab character system. Please donate to my Patreon and visit the HeroLab forums.

9. - Top - End - #159

Quote Originally Posted by illyahr View Post
    I can't decide on Bard//Incarnation or Bard//Champion. Maybe a tristalt of Bard//Incarnation//Champion.
    Tristalt? I'd Paladin//Incarnation//Champion. I would be a happy Paladin.

10. - Top - End - #160

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by LoyalPaladin View Post
    Tristalt? I'd Paladin//Incarnation//Champion. I would be a happy Paladin.
    Tristalt is hilareous for those who can keep track of everything. I once saw a tristalt Druid//Cleric//Wizard who could only manage T4 play because he couldn't keep up with everything so resorted to blaster/healbot/summoner.

It was painful to watch.
    Last edited by illyahr; 2015-06-11 at 09:41 AM.

I am a Dungeon Master for Hire that creates custom content for people and programs d20 content for the HeroLab character system. Please donate to my Patreon and visit the HeroLab forums.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

How do you manage to be a tier 4 summoner? Just the action economy shenanigans alone...

12. - Top - End - #162

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    How do you manage to be a tier 4 summoner? Just the action economy shenanigans alone...
    Because fireball was faster and took less thought.

Like I said: painful.

13. - Top - End - #163

It was painful to watch.
    I would not be able to keep up with that. Ever.

I could do it. Magic is not my forte.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

I feel your pain.

I long for the day when I can just have the PFSRD uploaded directly to my brain. I'm already basically my PF group's encyclopedia because I'm the most knowledgeable of them and I'm good at looking stuff up. But it would be so much easier with a direct uplink.

15. - Top - End - #165

I feel your pain.

I long for the day when I can just have the PFSRD uploaded directly to my brain. I'm already basically my PF group's encyclopedia because I'm the most knowledgeable of them and I'm good at looking stuff up. But it would be so much easier with a direct uplink.
    I will download all the 3.x pdfs to my brain. I need it.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Titan in the Playground

I've become so knowledgeable that I pretty much build characters for my team, and my brothers pretty much just ask me instead of looking stuff up.
    Because fireball was faster and took less thought.

Like I said: painful.
    This is how I got with my oracle. I can cast any sorcerer spell up to 7th level, and every cleric spell up to 6th, but I often do feel like it. What do I do in a fight? "Ugh, Chain Lightning. I can't even be bothered to roll damage, so Maximize with Sacred Geo. *yawn*"
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2015-06-11 at 10:01 AM.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Titan in the Playground

Tristalt? Paladin|Incarnation|Princess could be fun... Or I'd end up as a magical girl... well magical boy.

Or maybe Runebound Knight|Princess|Paragon for maximum Good-ness. Or Courtier|Princess|Umm... I only have two classes of Nobility... but 3 of Good... I'm bad at Evil aren't I?

And Snowbluff, rolling damage is the best part of evocation. The feel of the dice in your hand, to see the enemy driven before your high roll, and to hear the lamentation of their wom... wait... and to hear the lamentation of your DM.

Current Projects:

18. - Top - End - #168

Tristalt? Paladin|Incarnation|Princess could be fun... Or I'd end up as a magical girl... well magical boy.
    If you gestalt Paladin and Incarnation, do you end up with two seperate Lay on Hands pools? Or just one massive one.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Titan in the Playground

If you gestalt Paladin and Incarnation, do you end up with two seperate Lay on Hands pools? Or just one massive one.
    As Gestalt is more guidelines than detailed rules I'd say it'd be an ask your DM situation, but:

Quote Originally Posted by srd
    Class features that two classes share (such as uncanny dodge) accrue at the rate of the faster class.
    Might mean you'd only get the better Lay on Hands pool. I'd probably go with a single larger pool because it's easier to keep track of.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2015-06-11 at 10:59 AM.

Current Projects:

20. - Top - End - #170

Might mean you'd only get the better Lay on Hands pool. I'd probably go with a single larger pool because it's easier to keep track of.
    Hmmm. Interesting. Well, that is good to know. I'll never get to play a Gestalt or Tristalt game, but it's okay!

21. - Top - End - #171
    Titan in the Playground

I want to play a 3.5 game again. I'm digging the Arcane Hierophant lately, or I might go into Warlock/Nosomatic Chiurgeon... OR BOTH.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2015-06-11 at 01:43 PM.
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk748 View Post
    Permission granted
    Order of the Hawk (Knight Archetype)

Levels: 4th, 6th, 9th, and 14th.

Replaces: Armor Mastery (Medium and Heavy), Shield Ally, Improved Shield Ally.

Grants:

Pressing Shield (Ex): At 4th level a Knight of the Order of the Hawk gains the ability to fight with sword and shield in conjunction. When wearing a shield and wielding a 1 handed melee weapon they may add twice their AC bonus from the Shield Block ability to damage with melee attacks as they strike at and hedge in their foes with their shield. A Knight of the Order of the Hawk loses cannot make a shield bash attack in a round they gain this bonus.

Felling Blow (Ex): At 6th level a Knight of the Order of the Hawk gains Cleave as a bonus feat, and when making a bonus attack granted by Cleave they gain a morale bonus to attack equal to 1/4th the hit dice of the creature they dropped to trigger the feat, and a bonus to damage equal to its hit dice.

Improved Shield Block (Ex): At 9th level a Knight of the Order of the Hawk no longer needs to choose a target with their Shield Block ability instead applying the bonus against all foes.

Greater Pressing Shield (Ex): At 14th level a Knight of the Order of the Hawk's ability to implement their shield offensively improves. When using a non-animate shield other than a buckler, they add their shield's enhancement bonus to AC to their damage bonus from Pressing Shield. If they are wearing a heavy shield they gain an additional +1 damage, if wearing a tower shield this increases to +2, if wearing an extreme shield this increases to +3.

Current Projects:

23. - Top - End - #173

I want to play a 3.5 game again. I'm digging the Arcane Hierophant lately, or I might go into Warlock/Nosomatic Chiurgeon... OR BOTH.
    ... :D Angelic Chorus

24. - Top - End - #174
    Titan in the Playground

Arcane Hierophant is the bomb, it gets a Familiar which is also an Animal Companion. And then a load of spells from two lists. And then it gets the ability to wild shape.

It lets you be a wizard druid bioshaping biomancer who smokes a pipe while his tiger kills things and he occasionally yawns and calls fire down upon his foes.

Current Projects:

25. - Top - End - #175

It lets you be a wizard druid bioshaping biomancer who smokes a pipe while his tiger kills things and he occasionally yawns and calls fire down upon his foes.
    Hahaha. I forgot you told us about that character.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Titan in the Playground

Arcane Hierophant is the bomb, it gets a Familiar which is also an Animal Companion. And then a load of spells from two lists. And then it gets the ability to wild shape.
    Mhm.

Weird fact. The wildshape is supposed to be granted by the class if you don't have it. Weird, right?
    ... :D Angelic Chorus
    That's the natural response to my presence. I can't imagine why, though.

Oh, and this. *snap*
    That's the Whip of "Volunteering," from my equipment set of "Friendly" Euphemisms.

27. - Top - End - #177

That's the natural response to my presence. I can't imagine why, though.
    I actually sort of imagined mine was a high pitched holy choir and your's was the theme song to "One of Them is My Younger Sister!" Hahaha. However, when both of us are in a thread together, it is nothing but funk and slap bass. Don't ask.

Oh, and this. *snap*
    That's the Whip of "Volunteering," from my equipment set of "Friendly" Euphemisms.
    You're volunteering for another PbP? One that's 3.5 with certain homebrew allowed?

28. - Top - End - #178
    Titan in the Playground

I actually sort of imagined mine was a high pitched holy choir and your's was the theme song to "One of Them is My Younger Sister!" Hahaha. However, when both of us are in a thread together, it is nothing but funk and slap bass. Don't ask.
    "One of Them is My Younger Sister!"
    wut
    You're volunteering for another PbP? One that's 3.5 with certain homebrew allowed?
    Psybomb's having a busy week, so I'm down to 3 games.

29. - Top - End - #179

wut
    I am so sorry.

Psybomb's having a busy week, so I'm down to 3 games.
    Hey, if you're down. I'm down. I enjoy this kind of thing. It also doesn't leech my life away. Okay, yes it does, but at least I enjoy it.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ettin in the Playground

I'd be down for joining yet another game, especially if it gave me a chance to see someone else try out the Champion (there are still a few abilities that it has that I think are too strong even for the high-powered class it's supposed to be, but I want to see them in action before passing any further judgement).

Champion is PF homebrew but I guess it wouldn't be too hard to backport.

Regardless, I'm glad someone wants to try out a piece of my homebrew, and in particular that it's that one. A lot of my projects (Unusual Ally, Wandering Samurai) have come from me seeing a particular character or character type and thinking "there isn't a way to do that in 3.P. I want to change that.", but the Champion started with the goal of "I'm making an effective aggro-pull and passive-damage tank" and grew from there.
    Last edited by Extra Anchovies; 2015-06-11 at 03:21 PM.
    Please use they/them/theirs when referring to me in the third person.
    My Homebrew (PF, 3.5)
    Awesome Bone Knight avatar by Chd.
    Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    Cassidy Halloran, Human Scout
    William Gamache, Human Relic Channeler Medium
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AGrinningCat View Post
    Lay on hands? More like Lay your Eyes on this sick elbow drop!