New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: TheWombatOfDoom's - Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask Point Race

Not sure what other games would work well with this kinda format.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Seerow View Post
    I just sat down to watch this during my free time yesterday. Highly entertaining, subscribed for the future.

I do feel sorry for Majestic Wind, because really if you had sat through the first cycle like he did, he probably would be ahead, or at least neck in neck with you... as it is even with that 30+ minute loss of time in the beginning, he's catching up with you storywise, which is impressive. I feel like he put too much personal emphasis on getting heart pieces, while the big points come from masks and heart pieces were relatively low point value. I hope he does catch up though, because the race will get boring if it's just constantly Wombat being ahead by 50%+ throughout the game.

That said I am loving the commentary from the both of you as you watch your runs side-by-side. It's a pretty good format and helps contextualize what's going on for those of us who haven't played this game since it came out nearly 20 years ago (It's likely I'm the only one in that category watching a video like this... but I appreciate it nonetheless!).

Also when this is done, I would be interested in seeing more Zelda (or other game) races.
    Glad to hear we have another fan of our ulimately, small niche of gaming, () so I'm glad its something you enjoy. Yeah, if he had picked up the pace at the beginning, I'm not sure where we'd both be at. It certainly would have made the last couple episodes more thrilling, but we chose the paths we chose for reasons, and they work for or against us each way.

Luckily, from what I hear, most love the commentary, and thats excellent, because it was the thing I was most worried about. We plan to have special guests every so often, I'm thinking episode 10 for the first one, so hopefully you'll still like it then!

We plan on doing more, so glad you're hoping for it, it really makes me excited to do more...but I'll get into that more below...

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomFox View Post
    Not sure what other games would work well with this kinda format.
    We plan on doing more Zelda games, and maybe other games, but the format will likely be changed up some depending on the game. The point system works for Majora's Mask, because its non-linear and has lots of side quests. For a more linear game, such as Ocarina of Time, we might instead race in sections, to stay neck and neck the whole time, and each section is worth points. So like, race to the Deku tree, or Race a temple. Or more things like that.

Really, we're looking for ideas from you guys too. We like doing this race, and plan to do more. Maybe change it up and have other people playing races on the channel...but the question is, what other ideas do you folks have for playing games? Would you be interested i lets plays? Would you like to see things other than zelda?
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask Point Race

Majora's Mask Point Race - Episode 7 - Snow Fall

With Snowhead on the horizon, and both Wind and Wombat neck and neck, who will get to the temple first?

Spoiler: Score Totals
    Show

MajesticWind

Don Garo Mask - 75
    Snowhead Owl - 20
    Snowhead First Foot - 200
    Snowhead Dungeon Map - 50
    Snowhead Dungeon Compass - 50

Goron Roll offs - None
    Snowhead Rolloffs - 200

Total = 595
    ---

TheWombatOfDoom

Peahat Heart Piece - 50
    Bunny Hood - 50
    Snowhead Dungeon Map - 50
    Snowhead Dungeon Compass - 50

Goron Roll offs - None
    Snowhead Rolls - 200

Total = 400

Wind once again begins to close the gap in our point difference, and passes me in game plot advancement! It seems the strategy I had been taking in the past of advance a bit, get a bit, is taking its toll, especially when I can't decide what I want to do. I basically waste my lead going to the Swamp Skullata House, and then immediately decide when I get there that I don't want to do that, and warp back to Snowhead. What a waste. It all goes to show, in a race, being decisive is the way to go. I hope I don't make a mistake like that again (and at the same time do, so that its back to being intensely close!).

So with Wind now with first foot, and me flummoxing around in the dungeon, will this be the break that Wind needed? Find out next time!
    Last edited by TheWombatOfDoom; 2015-07-31 at 08:02 AM.

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic

4. - Top - End - #34
    Firbolg in the Playground

That damn room. You know the room. Everyone who's played the game knows the room. That room singlehandedly killed my first playthrough. It wasn't until years later with a picture walkthrough handy for that room specifically that I ever beat majora's mask.

Seriously, I spent multiple cycles stuck on this dungeon because of a combination of that room and not knowing the song of reverse time (I may also have not known about teleporting via statues. I seem to remember wasting an entire day every cycle just getting to the damn dungeon in the first place). But yeah I never figured out that room. Even sitting here and watching you guys solve it I have no idea what's actually going on beyond "pound some pillars and hope for the best". It's just a frustrating place all around.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ettin in the Playground

That damn room. You know the room. Everyone who's played the game knows the room. That room singlehandedly killed my first playthrough. It wasn't until years later with a picture walkthrough handy for that room specifically that I ever beat majora's mask.

Seriously, I spent multiple cycles stuck on this dungeon because of a combination of that room and not knowing the song of reverse time (I may also have not known about teleporting via statues. I seem to remember wasting an entire day every cycle just getting to the damn dungeon in the first place). But yeah I never figured out that room. Even sitting here and watching you guys solve it I have no idea what's actually going on beyond "pound some pillars and hope for the best". It's just a frustrating place all around.
    Yeah, that's a hard room. And as you can see, even I have trouble with it and I've played the game a ton of times (though it has been awhile).

Woah. You must have not been interested in dialogue, then. I can see missing the song of slowing time, (and double time) unless you talk to the scarecrow. But the song of soaring is literally something you can't skip. Though its introduced by the owl...so...maybe you were just like: bleh get away with your walls of text! Get to a forum or something and stop monologuing in a video game. I wanna kill stuuuuff.

Anyway, I like puzzles, but that...would probably be on a top ten hardest zelda puzzles list if I made one.

World Building Projects:
    Magic

6. - Top - End - #36
    Colossus in the Playground

It wasn't until you mentioned "pound the pillars" that I even remembered what you meant. I'm still not 100% sure, but I'm fairly sure that's just a really, really tight timing challenge, which I'm actually pretty good at. Will watch later gotta do stuff.

7. - Top - End - #37

Okay now to actually watch this thing.

My favorite non transforming match is probably the Bunny Hood, but I feel that's really lame an answer since it's so genuinely useful and great, of course it's my favorite. My favorite non utility mask is the Keaton Mask though. My favorite race is and always will be the Zora.

It's interesting to see how close the race actually is. Wombat's doing side stuff now, and I think getting that Bunny Hood will help him in the long run, but Wind is going through stuff that's both time consuming (feeding the rock sirloin to that dude) and the actual plot based stuff.

A thing I'm curious about is...with only the final day remaining, will Wombat even have enough time to beat Snowhead, or will he have to restart in the middle of it? That'd be disastrous! Though it seems to be a non issue since Wombat makes a clutch anti-decision and goes to the Skulltula Swamp House. Hmm...given Wombat's lead in points I wonder how close this actually is, but Wind's progress in the dungeon is undeniable.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask Point Race

Majora's Mask Point Race - Episode 8 - Avalanche

The battle of Snowhead becomes a little one sided...

Spoiler: Score Totals
    Show

MajesticWind

Snowhead Dungeon Solve - 43:31
    Snowhead Boss Solve - 4:47

Total = 0
    ---

TheWombatOfDoom

None

Total = 0

Ugh, and you folks thought I did bad last time. Its frustrating watching myself mess up that much...and knowing full well what I'm doing wrong. The pressures of this race take its toll yet again, and it might just cause a huge upset next time. Hope you guys enjoyed watching me suffer!

Another rare occurance - no points were scored in the making of this episode! Not sure if that will ever happen again, but I suppose we will see!
    Last edited by TheWombatOfDoom; 2015-08-07 at 06:18 AM.

World Building Projects:
    Magic

9. - Top - End - #39

Ah, the pressure of racing. I wonder how well you guys will be at the end of it all.

Oh wow Wombat that Wizrobe fight is...concerning. I'd personally recommend sitting in the exact middle, but to each their own when it comes to strategy.

Those invisible steps are always a massive pain. You can see why Majora's Mask is considered a sort of "Masters Version" of Ocarina of Time, it NEVER did stuff like that.

Man that's a good idea you came up with. An adventure game like this where you can see the "ghost" of the person you're racing against. That's cool. Dark Souls and it's family of games kinda have something like that, but it's only brief figments.

The way Wind gets that fairy is the only way to get that fairy as far as I know. We'll see of Wombat shows off a fancy way of getting it, but I've searched basically everywhere and can't find a faster method.

Blast Mask+Holding Up Your Shield is actually a really good strategy in my opinion. Not for any REAL, actual combat challenge, but because it's useful when you just need to blow something up.

I like how it seems Wind's shortcutting cost him some time. Sometimes you've gotta be careful! Though Wombat's still slowed down compared to him. Also those are Dinolfos, not Lizalfos.

GOATBOSS is best boss.

...oh Wombat, you're havin' a bad time with this dungeon. Wow.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Oh wow Wombat that Wizrobe fight is...concerning. I'd personally recommend sitting in the exact middle, but to each their own when it comes to strategy.

Man that's a good idea you came up with. An adventure game like this where you can see the "ghost" of the person you're racing against. That's cool. Dark Souls and it's family of games kinda have something like that, but it's only brief figments.

The way Wind gets that fairy is the only way to get that fairy as far as I know. We'll see of Wombat shows off a fancy way of getting it, but I've searched basically everywhere and can't find a faster method.

Blast Mask+Holding Up Your Shield is actually a really good strategy in my opinion. Not for any REAL, actual combat challenge, but because it's useful when you just need to blow something up.

I like how it seems Wind's shortcutting cost him some time. Sometimes you've gotta be careful! Though Wombat's still slowed down compared to him. Also those are Dinolfos, not Lizalfos.

GOATBOSS is best boss.

...oh Wombat, you're havin' a bad time with this dungeon. Wow.
    Yeah, he trounced me ppretty good. Not the last mini boss to do so, either.

I've got a fast method, and you'll be seeing it next episode.

Yeah, gotta love the blast mask. It's my favorite for a reason. Ah, Dinalfos, that's right. I thought those were only in Twilight.

I love Goht.

Yeah, just you wait....it gets even worse...

SPEAKING OF!

Majora's Mask Point Race - Episode 9 - Windfall

The journey of Snowhead meets its conclusion....or does it?

Spoiler
    Show
    MajesticWind

Double Magic Bar - 200
    Keaton Mask - 300
    Bunny Hood - 25
    Snowhead Solve Time - 350
    Snowhead Boss Time - 250
    Postman's Hat - 300
    Postbox Heart Piece - 50
    Mountain Deed Heart Piece - 50
    Toilet Hand Heart Piece - 25
    Kamaro's Mask - 75
    Dodongo Heart Piece - 25

+ 1 Fairy Death
    End of Cycle 2

Total = 1650
    ---

TheWombatOfDoom

Double Magic Bar - 100
    Toilet Hand Heart Piece - 50

End of Cycle 2
    Snowhead Dungeon Solve - 54:07
    Snowhead Boss Solve - 5:22

Total = 150

I'd say more, but I'll let you guys talk about this one...its a pretty eventful episode.
    Last edited by TheWombatOfDoom; 2015-08-13 at 09:32 PM.

World Building Projects:
    Magic

11. - Top - End - #41

Keaton mask is best mask, wear it all the time forever until you have to give it up because life isn't fair sometimes.

Oh wait right this is Majora's Mask you get it forever yay!

...Wombat you better speed run the hell out of that goat because you have less time remaining IN THE CYCLE then Wind did beating him. You're in a vast amount of danger of completely crippling your win for this dungeon. Oh wait right in game seconds aren't real life seconds and...Wombat. Wombat no. What are you doing? Oh god. Man...that was close. If you had it so that that time stops right as the boss death cutscene starts (which you should of done) you'd of still lost, but it would of been REALLY close. This time it's just kind of close. It's the difference between neck and neck and horse lengths.

Okay, Bunny Hood jump to get that last fairy is PRETTY clutch as hell. You would not of gotten it with the regular method. Impressive.

Man...this video went kinda poorly for you Wombat. You managed to pull a head a little though, so good job.

I'm shocked none of you got the toilet heart piece on the very first night of the game, or thereabouts. You CAN do that, you know.

They mention the gender of the Goron Child and he is a boy.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Good episode. Fun to see the catchup.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ettin in the Playground

Keaton mask is best mask, wear it all the time forever until you have to give it up because life isn't fair sometimes.

Oh wait right this is Majora's Mask you get it forever yay!

...Wombat you better speed run the hell out of that goat because you have less time remaining IN THE CYCLE then Wind did beating him. You're in a vast amount of danger of completely crippling your win for this dungeon. Oh wait right in game seconds aren't real life seconds and...Wombat. Wombat no. What are you doing? Oh god. Man...that was close. If you had it so that that time stops right as the boss death cutscene starts (which you should of done) you'd of still lost, but it would of been REALLY close. This time it's just kind of close. It's the difference between neck and neck and horse lengths.

Okay, Bunny Hood jump to get that last fairy is PRETTY clutch as hell. You would not of gotten it with the regular method. Impressive.

Man...this video went kinda poorly for you Wombat. You managed to pull a head a little though, so good job.

I'm shocked none of you got the toilet heart piece on the very first night of the game, or thereabouts. You CAN do that, you know.

They mention the gender of the Goron Child and he is a boy.
    Keaton mask is pretty cool, not gonna lie. And I love the trivia questions. No wonder Kafei wears it constantly.

Yeah, that was an intense temple.... But at least I still had enough time to bank some rupees and get that last fairy. Speaking of, yeah, Buny Hood is required to do it in style, but be careful. I think they've actually modified that area in the 3D game that its not possible anymore. I'm not sure though. It actually is in normal seconds, I just had time slowed so that it was half the time it normally would be. So I had double that amount of time in the end. Still seeing numbers like that do things to your nerves.

Yeah, things didn't go great, no, but I am back to being ahead in progress, so maybe that will help balance things back a bit?

The reason for the toilet heart piece not gotten the first night is because we'd have to do it again at some point for the Bombers notebook. Still it would have been good for point snagging so I'm not sure why...

Quote Originally Posted by huttj509 View Post
    Yeah, close races are fun to watch. And welcome!

World Building Projects:
    Magic

14. - Top - End - #44

I feel like, even if it turns out this race was decidedly early on due to some small thing we don't realize, it FEELS close, and will probably keep that feeling of closeness throughout.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Firbolg in the Playground

Glad to see Majestic catching up. Now I can root for Wombat without feeling bad :(

I'm confused though, what was the point of going back and fighting the temple boss a second time? Is that boss being dead required to unlock the big keg?

Also the way both of you go out of your way to find all of the fairies before finishing the dungeon makes no sense to me. In a normal runthrough, or even a pure speed run, that strategy would make sense. But with the way you guys chose to handle dungeon completion time points, it seems so much more efficient to beeline through to the end and get to the boss to stop that timer, then go back and get the fairies afterwards. For both players it seems like it would save a ton of dungeon solve time. 10 minutes of hunting down fairies can make or break you in a way that spending 4-5 minutes of post-solve time to retraverse the dungeon hunting for fairies really can't.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Glad to see Majestic catching up. Now I can root for Wombat without feeling bad :(

I'm confused though, what was the point of going back and fighting the temple boss a second time? Is that boss being dead required to unlock the big keg?
    There's a number of things that require spring to have returned to the Goron valley. The keg is one of them. When the cycle is reset, Goht needs to be rekilled for spring to return.

17. - Top - End - #47

Also the way both of you go out of your way to find all of the fairies before finishing the dungeon makes no sense to me. In a normal runthrough, or even a pure speed run, that strategy would make sense. But with the way you guys chose to handle dungeon completion time points, it seems so much more efficient to beeline through to the end and get to the boss to stop that timer, then go back and get the fairies afterwards. For both players it seems like it would save a ton of dungeon solve time. 10 minutes of hunting down fairies can make or break you in a way that spending 4-5 minutes of post-solve time to retraverse the dungeon hunting for fairies really can't.
    Hutt already explained it above, but basically there are certain events that can only trigger in a post boss world. It's actually really neat.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ettin in the Playground

Majora's Mask Point Race - Episode 10 - Time is Rolling On

Wind and Wombat move on from Snowhead, but not before inviting a special guest to celebrate their tenth episode!

Spoiler
    Show
    MajesticWind

Peahat Heart Piece - 25
    Keaton Heart Piece - 50

Total = 75
    ---

TheWombatOfDoom

2nd Bottle - 100
    Epona's Song - 100
    Stone Mask - 50
    Zora Mask - 150
    Great Bay Owl - 20
    Tingle Great Bay Map - 60
    Pirate Cage Heart Piece - 50

Total = 530

Let us know what you think of having a guest on the show, and how you liked this one in particular. Otherwise, since it's episode 10, what are your thoughts on the series thus far? Hope you folks enjoyed the episode!

World Building Projects:
    Magic

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
    Majora's Mask Point Race - Episode 10 - Time is Rolling On

Wind and Wombat move on from Snowhead, but not before inviting a special guest to celebrate their tenth episode!

Spoiler
    Show
    MajesticWind

Peahat Heart Piece - 25
    Keaton Heart Piece - 50

Total = 75
    ---

TheWombatOfDoom

2nd Bottle - 100
    Epona's Song - 100
    Stone Mask - 50
    Zora Mask - 150
    Great Bay Owl - 20
    Tingle Great Bay Map - 60
    Pirate Cage Heart Piece - 50

Total = 530

Let us know what you think of having a guest on the show, and how you liked this one in particular. Otherwise, since it's episode 10, what are your thoughts on the series thus far? Hope you folks enjoyed the episode!

Man Wombat, I thought for sure you had messed up that Goron race. Then you reached the finish line and everyone was behind you when I thought they were in front.

Caught myself thinking "Aha, Majestic's gonna use the arrow trick on Goht now that he saw Wombat last...time...oh wait..."

As a lefty, GameCube Twilight Princess is best Twilight Princess. None of this silly Mirror Link changing my "sinister" brethren nonsense.

The Legend of Princess Not Appearing in This Game.

The bank does make sense, because she like writes on your wrist or something, and then chechs that to keep track of your account when you make deposits or withdrawals. I think that was mentioned when you first talk to her...

20. - Top - End - #50

I like the guest, though don't do it all the time. Also, oops good job Wind.

Oh man, Wombat is in Pirate Town. Good luck! Though it seems you're a little...confused considering you left already.

Good episode. Shame about messing up that sword upgrading there Wind.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ettin in the Playground

Majora's Mask Point Race - Episode 11 - Ocean's Eleven

Majestic finally enters the Great Bay and becomes a Zora, while Wombat works on snagging eggs, racing beavers, and slaying the undead.

Spoiler
    Show
    MajesticWind

Epona's Song - 50
    Zora Mask -75
    Goron Lake Chest Heart Piece - 50
    2nd Bottle - 50
    Dancing Sisters Heart Piece - 25
    Postman Timer Heart Piece - 50
    Stone Mask - 25

Total = 325
    ---

TheWombatOfDoom

Hookshot - 200
    Like Like Heart Piece - 50
    3rd Bottle - 150
    Beaver Race Heart Piece - 50

Total = 450

Back to the normal video, but now a new title page!
    Last edited by TheWombatOfDoom; 2015-08-28 at 05:25 PM.

World Building Projects:
    Magic

22. - Top - End - #52

Forgot to mention it last time by Zora's are my favorite Zelda race so hell yeah. Fun to see more Zora stuff. This part of the game is pretty fun and yet also kind of awful depending on how prepared you are for it!

Wombat's saying he's best at the Great Bay Temple, but I guess we'll see. In the meanwhile, BEES!

The aliens are actually related to a certain cryptid/mythological creature, known as the Flatwoods Monster. It's pretty cool in general, but is SUPER popular in Japan.

Oops, gotta be careful with Goron rolls!

Hahaha, Wind has no sword, Wombat has no shield. Between the two of them they're exactly one Link.

The beaver race is hell. It's easier in the 3DS version since you don't super speed swim, but they don't remove the thing that makes it super hard. That being, the rings are physical objects in the world! No other ring based race I've ever seen has had that, ever.

Beaver and Goron races, so many races. RACES FOR DAYS! Races within a race itself!

Only the red potion would work.

Naw as far as I know the fences are exactly the same. But easier to jump over.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ettin in the Playground

Majora's Mask Point Race - Episode 12 - Sword Today, Gone Tomorrow

Wombat encounters aliens and continues fighting pirates, Wind hunts for heart pieces, and collects his third bottle. Will either be able to do much now that they are both unarmed?

Spoiler
    Show
    MajesticWind

Hole near Great Bay Heart Piece - 50
    4 Stones of Truth Heart Piece - 50
    3rd Bottle - 75
    Garo's Mask - 150

Total = 325
    ---

TheWombatOfDoom

4th Bottle - 200
    Goron Lake Chest Heart Piece - 25
    Seahorse Heart Piece - 50

Pirate Guard +1

Total = 275

Forgot to mention it last time by Zora's are my favorite Zelda race so hell yeah. Fun to see more Zora stuff. This part of the game is pretty fun and yet also kind of awful depending on how prepared you are for it!

Wombat's saying he's best at the Great Bay Temple, but I guess we'll see. In the meanwhile, BEES!

The aliens are actually related to a certain cryptid/mythological creature, known as the Flatwoods Monster. It's pretty cool in general, but is SUPER popular in Japan.

Oops, gotta be careful with Goron rolls!

Hahaha, Wind has no sword, Wombat has no shield. Between the two of them they're exactly one Link.

The beaver race is hell. It's easier in the 3DS version since you don't super speed swim, but they don't remove the thing that makes it super hard. That being, the rings are physical objects in the world! No other ring based race I've ever seen has had that, ever.

Beaver and Goron races, so many races. RACES FOR DAYS! Races within a race itself!

Naw as far as I know the fences are exactly the same. But easier to jump over.
    Zora are my favorite as well! You're right, I don't think I can remember any other Zelda based race that has physical rings you can slam into...

I suppose we will see on the temple...I anticipate rough waters ahead.

Didn't know that about the aliens. I like the explaination that the aliens are actually from the moon in the 3ds version.

I should have named that episode - Race-caption.

Also, no they didn't change the fence and I am disappoint.
    Last edited by TheWombatOfDoom; 2015-09-04 at 06:24 AM.

World Building Projects:
    Magic

24. - Top - End - #54

Oh man, alien time for Wombat. Maybe it's just me but I've always found this minigame really easy. But then the 3DS version has a map that shows enemy locations so it's pretty easy to make your rounds to remove the aliens.

I...don't remember doing that little side quest involving making all those truth stones the same colour. Do you get a heart piece for that, because I'm almost positive I've 100% cleared Majora's Mask, but I'm completely blanking on that in particular.

Fun fact: Sakon is officially dead. Since you used your bomb, he is DEAD dead and does not show up for the rest of that run. You literally killed that man. For no reward! Poor Majestic Wind.

Oh...oh Wombat, you forgot your magic meter. Oops! At least you've got the seahorse first. Also if I RECALL the milk should restore your magic, but I might be thinking of Grandma's Soup from Wind Waker.

Huh, you DO get a heart piece from those Truth Stones. Maybe I did forget to do it? But then...I have literally every other heart piece and have full life? Weird.

I've found the alien fight MUCH easier on Epona. Maybe it's just me but it feels impossible to do otherwise. Again this might be bias coming from the 3DS version though.

Oh Wombat, gotta be more careful jumping into pirate town.

...man **** you Wind it took me like 10 tries to beat the Gormon Race and you beat it in like one. How rude. The Garo's Mask looks different in the 3DS version, looking like a Master Garo instead of just a grunt one.

Oops, Wind's out of recording space. That'll cost him some time theoretically.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ettin in the Playground

Majora's Mask Point Race - Episode 13 - Scrambled Eggs

Lucky number 13! Wombat finishes the Zora Egg quest, and then tries to once again get the Captains Hat. Wind makes progress in getting his seven eggs himself. Of course, not without having some issues with some pirates.

Spoiler
    Show
    MajesticWind

Pirate Cage Heart Piece - 25
    Seahorse Heart Piece - 25

Pirate Guard Catches: +2

Total = 50
    ---

TheWombatOfDoom

New Wave Bosa - 200
    Great Bay First Foot - 200
    Romani Mask - 150

Total = 550

Oh man, alien time for Wombat. Maybe it's just me but I've always found this minigame really easy. But then the 3DS version has a map that shows enemy locations so it's pretty easy to make your rounds to remove the aliens.

I...don't remember doing that little side quest involving making all those truth stones the same colour. Do you get a heart piece for that, because I'm almost positive I've 100% cleared Majora's Mask, but I'm completely blanking on that in particular.

Fun fact: Sakon is officially dead. Since you used your bomb, he is DEAD dead and does not show up for the rest of that run. You literally killed that man. For no reward! Poor Majestic Wind.

Oh...oh Wombat, you forgot your magic meter. Oops! At least you've got the seahorse first. Also if I RECALL the milk should restore your magic, but I might be thinking of Grandma's Soup from Wind Waker.

Huh, you DO get a heart piece from those Truth Stones. Maybe I did forget to do it? But then...I have literally every other heart piece and have full life? Weird.

I've found the alien fight MUCH easier on Epona. Maybe it's just me but it feels impossible to do otherwise. Again this might be bias coming from the 3DS version though.

Oh Wombat, gotta be more careful jumping into pirate town.

...man **** you Wind it took me like 10 tries to beat the Gormon Race and you beat it in like one. How rude. The Garo's Mask looks different in the 3DS version, looking like a Master Garo instead of just a grunt one.

Oops, Wind's out of recording space. That'll cost him some time theoretically.
    Eh, the Aliens were on the map in both. I've never done it on epona ever...don't judge me.

Yeah the stones of truth are in both. Not sure why they weren't memorable for you. Yeah, completely forgot about going for a swim and being waylaid by pirates. D'oh...

Wind is officially a murderer. Kaboom.

Milk fills your magic meter when its the special milk...but I'm not sure about the regular. If it does, I have to facepalm. Grandma's Soup...I forgot about that...oh man I wanna play wind waker now. Can't wait to get the HD version.

The Garo's mask is different, yes. I mention it in another episode, don't worry.

For recording space, he had kept playing, so he estimated the time it took for him to get from one place to the other and put a clip to simulate that time. Poor guy...

World Building Projects:
    Magic

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

How do you do the quick change mask thing (skipping the "scream" scene every time), and does it work in the 3ds version?

27. - Top - End - #57

How do you do the quick change mask thing (skipping the "scream" scene every time), and does it work in the 3ds version?
    It's been awhile since I played by you just press the button again and it skips the animation, and it works on both.

EDIT: also will respond to today's video later, sorry!
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2015-09-11 at 09:46 AM.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ettin in the Playground

Majora's Mask Point Race - Episode 14 - Got Milk?

Spoiler
    Show
    MajesticWind

Romani Mask - 75
    Clock Town Shooting Gallery Heart Piece - 50
    Treasure Race Heart Piece - 50
    Snowhead Scarecrow Heart Piece - 50

Total = 225
    ---

TheWombatOfDoom

Circus Leader's Mask - 150
    Least Pirate Guards - 200
    Captain's Hat - 300

Total =650
    Last edited by TheWombatOfDoom; 2015-09-25 at 08:13 AM.

World Building Projects:
    Magic

29. - Top - End - #59

Forgot to watch because I'm bad! Watching now!

Episode 13

Spoiler
    Show
    I heard a cat! Someone has a cat!

Zora laying eggs is actually pretty interesting. Them being musical notes is a funny coincidence. Also wow holy **** you don't like New Wave Bossa Nova? I hope you just meant in playing and not in listening!

Poor Wind, having some close calls and rough situations. You can do it though!

If you somehow beat the Water Temple without using your sword, AT ALL...I'm going to be impressed. I wonder if you will, though...

Wind seems like he'd be good at Pokemon Snap. But then with his professionally learned skilled he'd actually be bad since the photos Oak wants are technically bad.

What "first foot trick" was it you're doing again? I don't remember that.

...oh wow Wombat, you're having some problems starting off with this dungeon. Oh dear. And not trying to tackle it swordless, I see.

I'll be honest Wombat, although I am sort of rooting for Wind more then you (I like a come from behind win =p) I feel for you on that Kafei's quest snag. Nothing sucks more then screwing up this quest.

Ow! Wind with the deep cut on the "You couldn't even do it with the sword" line. Harsh. Also true. Man Wombat, you're having trouble with this quite a lot. Oh wow I regret not watching this already hoo boy.

You know, Wind may of sacrificed points to escape the pirate stronghold, but I do think he saved some time. I feel like the Song of Soaring could of been better used in this situation though. Especially because he got caught twice, ouch. Poor guy.

Hahaha that Stalchild owned your bones, Wombat. Ultimate Sour Works.

Huh, that's pretty cool that you can skip the seahorse getting, if you remember the path. I kind of hate water so I'll keep that in mind in the future...

The Gormen/Circus Leader mask mask also prevents them from attacking you, and makes far more sense. If I recall, of course.

------

Episode 14

Spoiler
    Show
    Thus begins the Skulltula house! Good luck Wombat.

I always dread doing the Skulltula houses but then basically remember everything immediately except for the ONE puzzle in the Ocean Skulltula House.

You pronounce Skulltula like Skull and Tarantula put together. So Skull-tchewla, I'm pretty sure.

Silly Wombat, in the 3DS version you don't need to use magic to swim, just fast swim. How wasteful with your lightning energy!

To be fair it is SPECIFICALLY and EXPLICITLY a milk bar. The milk is just spiked with booze.

Sooo close Wind. You can do it, arrow those Octoroks! And got it you did! Now do the Swamp hunting minigame...which you said you found easy. I mean in the 3DS version I got it perfect first try, but THIS is pretty ridiculous!

Unless I'm mistaken...the last Golden Skulltula is in that area Wombat can't go without his sword. OOPS. Also, silly Wombat, when using bugs, be sure to use them AWAY from the hole first, so you can refill your bottles. Each individual bug spawns three when released from the bottle, allowing for easy bug pro-strats. Also, keep your ears peeled, you can hear the distinct scratching of the Skulltula if there is ANY Skulltula in the room.

...man Wombat you are NOT having luck with what you're going for in this video. It's too late, game over pal! And now you're going to go get the Captain's Hat. Good luck good sir, you'll need it.

Nice headshot on that Stalchild. Shame about missing the Captain . Nice recovery though, but cutting it a little close. Good job though!

Now for beaver time for Wind, which we'll see next time.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ettin in the Playground

So in case you folks were curious where I disappeared to, my wife and I are on vacation in Florida. Things should be updating regularly again when we return next week! I meant to put up an away video but unfortunately I was not able to do so. Hope you guys stick around for our return!

World Building Projects:
    Magic