New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Inamorata IC

1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Inamorata IC

As Avarice's spell erupts into being, you get a good look at the avian patroller. The bird of prey is enormous, and you recognize it immediately as Aundair's status symbol made flesh: a dragonhawk. Its beak is heavy and sharply pointed, its head tufted with long, pointed feathers, and its eyes bright yellow with irregularly-shaped pupils. A single long, gently curved feather juts up above its four nostrils at the base of its beak. Its wings are patterned in shades of brown, and a large claw juts from the joint of each wing. But that's not all the light reveals. You can see an armored man on the bird's back, his own frame hunched down to the great saddle around the dragonhawk's chest. He carries a longbow, but it isn't loaded. With a tug on the reins, the great bird begins to angle east, out of the light. You're not sure if he has seen you, but he absolutely saw the effects of the spell.

Thankfully, your own fall has proven to be without incident, as the charm sets you down on the ground near the copse of trees without incident. The dragonhawk and its rider are a good deal farther away now, at least 500 ft up and out. Not ten paces away, Eranthus stands and dusts off his pants where he stumbled after he made his feather fall landing. At the edge of the grove, the half-giant looks just like a little tree. "Well that was... interesting. He's probably going off to sound the alarm: they'll be back in numbers. We should make our way south, and quickly. I assume you have magic and tricks that will keep you from being seen from afar? I always forget that not everyone can turn invisible whenever they please."
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2015-10-11 at 10:19 PM.
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

2. - Top - End - #62
    Barbarian in the Playground

Avarice looked up at the hawks circling around as she stretched, exaggerating how still she was from the fall down, perhaps it was the fact that she had been holding her breath, but it felt like they had been falling for a month, only now landing to continue the mission.

As Eranthus spoke, Avarice almost broke out into laugher. It wasn't strange for people to assume that she was the kind of person who would know an invisibility spell, but they usually figured out what kind of mage she was within a few minutes, "I don't think changing to look like someone is going to matter much here, eh?" She took a second to try to think of a plan, "If I can get a better look at one of the guards I can look like I'm one of them and talk my way in, but I don't have anything that can make ME go away as a person," she shook her head, hair shortening into a style that wouldn't get in the way during battle, "ya know, except for acid, but that kills me."

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

Tybalt coughs awkwardly "Uhh I don't actually have any ways to conceal myself today. My spell list wasn't crafted today with stealth or infiltration in mind... So if either of you could help me out a bit with stealth then I would be appreciative."

"Especially given how close the dragonhawk is." Tybalt says as he looks at the distant flyer with worry.
    Last edited by GameOfChampions; 2015-10-12 at 02:58 PM.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

The half-giant sits in silence for about thirty seconds. At first, you might think that he's just thinking of his next move, but if you look closer, you can see the incredible focus in his gaze, the distance of his face. He is manifesting a power of some kind, and is clearly seeing something other than the wooded slope.

"Slightly under six feet tall. Wavy light brown hair, parted to the left with a cowlick above the temple. Hazel eyes, fair skin with freckles on the bridge of the nose. A strong anvil jaw, clean shaven and a high brow line. Crooked teeth. Favors his left side - clearly left handed. And he's wearing a standard issue Aundairian guard uniform." Eranthus recites the description almost under his breath; it's likely you can only hear him due to how quiet it is. Blinking twice, the treasurer re-situates himself. He points to a moving island of light to the southwest. It seems to be heading up towards the edge of the outer wall, not too far from your position. "There's a four man patrol there, and that man is the most senior of their number. We're going to take them out first, then disguise ourselves. Sound good?"
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2015-10-12 at 03:21 PM.
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

Tybalt grins a little bit as he flexes his fingers "I might not be equipped to sneak around but I'm always ready to fight. It's been a while but I'm sure I'll make due somehow."

The grinning hellbred fidgets with his broken reliquary symbol as he pulls out his crossbow and loads it while murmuring the same thing to himself under his breath to calm himself "I'm not a murderer, I'm not a murderer."
    Last edited by GameOfChampions; 2015-10-15 at 06:06 PM.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Barbarian in the Playground

Avarice cracked her neck to either side, throwing an arm around Eurhanthus and smiling, "You know I thought you would never ask me to do something I was actually good at."

She let go, dropping down from her tiptoes, "Let's this."

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

The half-giant moves quickly through the darkness, and it seems for a moment as though he has some training outside of psychic powers. Still, he can't quite keep up with Tybalt as you make your way to another hill, not far from where the guard patrol is. It is also very likely that he just knows the terrain better than either of you. As you get closer, you can hear the voices of the patrol wafting through the Aundairian evening.

"... and then she brought in her sister! I tell you, that was one hell of a night."

"Shut up, Namor. Nobody believes you, anyway. Have you ever not told a story without exaggerating?"

"It's true, I swear!"

"Right. Does anyone have any more wine?"
    The second voice is followed by the distinct 'popping' sound of a skein being opened. A heavy gulping ensues, and the faint splash of liquid on stone followed by a curse.

"Aw, hells. Sorry, ir'Vaelin."

"Are you seriously telling me you spilled the last of it?! Next time, aim for your mouth! Moron. You owe me when we get back to the barracks."

"Be happy too - can't be soon enough. It's damned muggy out here."
    The sources are about forty years away, and you get a better look at them. The first one - Namor - appears to be a rather pudgy looking man, filling out his tunic more broadly than in length. His sword is sheathed, and he is the one carrying the torch aloft. The other pair, those whose names haven't been spoken, both wear heavier armor with shields and long halberds. The final officer, who you immediately recognize from Eranthus' description, hangs further back and carries a rather large looking bow and arrow. He must be ir'Vaelin.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Alright, I'm going to put up a map of some sort on Google Docs. Also, I'll need Hide and Move Silently checks from now on, to set up an ambush against these guys.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.