New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default [Pathfinder] Dreamscarred Press FAQ

So, as a note, I am not the author of anything you can ask about here. Just a guy trying to make life easier for my favorite writers.

Generally, I would appreciate similar procedure to the RAW Q&A threads. Please include what book your question relates to, because that is how I will be organizing the second post, where I will be putting all questions asked, with their eventual answers. So please, check the second post if you have a question. If it has already been asked, it will not be answered again.

I am also going to make a further request. I know that the community is generally very good about these things. However, we want to keep this thread with official answers. I will not be including any answers given by people who did not write for Dreamscarred, and preferably I want the person who wrote the content in question. Yes, I am looking for the word of the original author. Can't really gainsay the RAI when the guy who wrote it is telling you what he intended.

So, allow me a moment to get the index post up, and then ask away. To my authors, I am going to want each question asked and answered in this thread, for the purpose of linking everything cleanly. However, if you want to both ask and answer a question at the same time, go ahead.

EDIT: Additional Rules: If you would like to dispute a ruling, then I would request that you do not do so here. Instead, make a new thread for it, and send a link to that thread to both myself and to the relevant DSP writer. That way, we don't clutter this thread, and I can link the argued point to a discussion thread.
    Last edited by Vhaidara; 2015-06-09 at 05:30 PM.
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [Pathfinder] Dreamscarred Press FAQ

THE INDEX OF QUESTIONS

Spoiler: Akashic Mysteries
    Show
    Q:

Spoiler: Bloodforge
    Show
    Q:

Spoiler: Lords of the Night
    Show
    Q:

Spoiler: Path of War: Expanded
    Show
    Q:

Spoiler: Other
    Show
    Q:

ANSWERED QUESTIONS

Spoiler: Path of War
    Show
    Q: Warder Defensive Focus Threat Range at level 1

A: Starts at +5-ft at 1st level, and then adds +5-ft every five levels after.

Q: Does Bonus Feat class feature replace class feature with the same name of vanilla Warlord or it is another set of bonus feats? How many bonus feats, and on which levels, does Steelfist Commando actually receive?

A: He doesn't get the bonus feat at 1st level. He gets the Unarmed Strike stuff instead at 1st and 3rd level instead. His bonus feats are the same as vanilla warlord OR rogue talents.

Q: Several maneuvers grant a bonus or action to an "adjacent ally". Pathfinder default is that a character is always his own ally unless otherwise stated. For the purpose of these maneuvers, is the character also considered 'adjacent' to himself, thus capable of using the bonuses granted to an "adjacent ally"?

A: No, you can't be adjacent to yourself so you don't qualify for maneuvers or abilities that affect an "adjacent ally."

Q: How does Discipline Expertise work when you've swapped out schools available to you? Do you use the schools available to the base class or the ones you have access to from that class?

A: The ones you have access to.
    A: All the same to the feat - if you swap, then it's still a maneuver available by way of your class.

Q: Is Diamond-Tipped Feathers limited to the list of conditions specified in the PFSRD? The wording of "conditions" is relatively vague, and the inclusion of Bestow Curse as an example suggests that it's a lot broader than just Paizo's list. If it is broader, though - what are the limitations on the conditions that it can cure? Could it cure/prevent ability damage, ability drain, permanent negative levels, mundane physical effects (such as being on fire), or being affected by a magical emanation such as Silence?

A: Anything on the "conditions" list is definitely fodder, and I included Bestow Curse in the language to reflect that it can help shrug off other debuffs (Silence, Slow or Reduce Person would be another thing you might want to shrug off, for example). I didn't include an entire list for a couple of reasons: 1) More things may be added as time goes on and that's hard to add to something already published and 2) it leaves it to the DM's decision to allow it to work or not. It cannot prevent damage, that is stated, to attributes and abilities, it can shrug off negative levels as that is a condition, and as far as being on fire I'd allow it.

Q: If you have two initiator classes (War Soul Soulknife + Stalker, for example) are you progressing both of them (initiator-lvl-wise) by Awakened Blade?

A: You pick one to advance with the maneuvers gained; that one gets a 1:1 advancement. The other one would get 1/2:1 advancement as you would add half the PrC's level to the IL of the one not being advanced. (Dispute)

Q: Can War Soul/Gifted Blade/Whatever else is compatible Soulknife enter Awakened Blade without multiclassing?

A: No. Gifted Blade is not compatible with War Soul as archetypes go. I don't think there is a way for a soulknife to enter in any fashion without multiclassing, at least not easily. A Pathwalker PsiWarrior can enter awakened blade by himself though. (Dispute, Refute)

Q: Do a maneuver's additional damage dice multiply with non-crit events such as a braced weapon versus a charging opponent, or a lance during a mounted charge?

A: Bonus damage expressed as dice is never multiplied unless, for some godforsaken reason, the ability in question specifically includes it.

Q: How does fission interact with maneuvers readied by manifester? (Context)

A: Great question! I'm going to say that for the fission-created duplicates, since it splits power points, I'd say that maneuvers readied are shared. So if Original Dude readies the maneuvers and he and Copy Dude share them on a first come first initiate basis. Upside to this is that they both can attempt recovery actions so that's pretty cool.

Q: The Vanguard Commander's ability "Heightened Defenses" reads thus:

A: The idea is that you can a number of free immediates you can use per day for the purposes of counters, so using your swift action doesn't gimp you out of an immediate action to defend yourself. So you'd use Heightened Defenses and you wouldn't lose your next swift action because of it - in essence, it allows you to use an immediate action counter as a free action on the attacker's turn.

Q: The Black Seraph maneuver Charge of the Ravager first says:...And at the end it says:...So can I make a full attack at the end of the charge or can't I? Or can I make a full attack, but each attack must be at a different target? RAW and RAI are messing with my head about this...

A: Taveena's first statement is correct. You get one attack on every poor sod along the path, and full attack on the really sorry SOB at the end of it.
    Taveena: I believe the intention is 'you may make a full attack on the charge target, and a maximum of ONE attack at any target within your reach while you're charging'

Q: Hawkguard - Ranged Defensive Focus. Does its range increase with levels like regular Defensive Focus?

A: It should, yes. Ranged Defensive Focus says "This functions as normal warder defensive focus, except for the following changes...", so the increases to the threatened area should occur as normal.

Q: Q: What shapes can the Bannerman's Banner take? It says it "must be carried or displayed", but how can it be displayed? Can you wear it (ala parade armor or something?) Can you strap it to your back (like so: http://i.imgur.com/aANybWI.jpg )?

A: So, if you've got a mount, you can pin it to a pole or something attached to your saddle. Samurai, for example, often wore standards on their backs called sashimono. You could wield a pole arm and attach it to the end of it. You could wear a tabard and parade armor with your standard on it, a shield you're known for with it emblazoned across it. I left it kind of vague so people could get creative with it.

Q: How does the Armament Shield class feature of the Zweihander Sentinel interact with the "Hands of Effort" FAQ?

A: Overrules it. The class feature specifically allows you to break that rule, RAW. Was it my intent? No, but I don't have a problem with it either. I largely just wanted to enable a two-hander to be used with Turtle maneuvers.

Spoiler: Path of War: Expanded
    Show
    Q: Do Elemental Flux maneuvers gain descriptors from the initiator's active energy type? For example, if my active energy type is currently Fire and I initiate Spark Strike, is it treated as having the [Fire] descriptor?

A: Yes, and I added this to the Flux document as well.

Q: Is Following Wake supposed to modify any attack, or just charge attacks?

A: It should only apply to a charge attack and the wording has been updated to reflect this, along with removing the double "this round."

Q: how long does the Bushi's Loyalty bushido ability last?

A: It has the same duration as a status spell with a caster level equal to your initiator level.

Q: does Burning Bow work with boosts?

A: No. But it applies to all the attacks made with those strikes, and there are several that hit multiple opponents.

Q: Do IL/ML-increasing traits allow me to pick higher level maneuvers and powers?

A: As long as your IL/ML doesn't exceed your HD those traits will increase your IL or ML for reals, so yes, you can learn higher level maneuvers/power.

Q: How do weapon group adaptation and Phalanx Lancer/Slayer's stance interact? Would getting weapon group adaptation (heavy blades) and those stances allow you to one-hand a great sword for example?

A: Yes in fact it would. There is still some internal reviewing that I'm working on with Thunder, so the weapon restriction on it may not stand. For now, yes, Weapon Group Adaptation would open it up for you.

Q: The Harbinger's Ill Tidings class feature gives a 10 ft. (and later another 10 ft.) increase to all her movement speeds. The Harbinger's Grim News class feature grants new movement modes that are as fast as the Harbinger's base land speed. Does this mean that the 10 ft. increase counts double for those movement types?

A: By RAW, 50 ft. is correct. I have no intention of altering this function. (Dispute)

Q: With all archetypes possible, including ones for fighter, monk ect, what's minimal number of classes needed for character to have access to all disciplines?

A: that's a great question. I have no idea. I'm sure someone's figured it out already though!

Q: The new feat Sin Eater grants temporary hitpoints whenever a claimed enemy dies. Do they stack? How long do they last?

A: By default, temporary HP never stack with themselves or temp HP from other sources in PF (there's an FAQ on the matter); we normally mention it explicitly to be polite. I did forget the duration. Right now the RAW has them lasting until overwritten or expended. I'll probably get that altered to "up to 1 minute".

Q: If a Zealot under the effects of Share Pain use their Martyrdom ability does the damaged transferred to to the Zealot get split between the Zealot and linked creature of Share Pain?

A: TL;DR: No

Q: Is the Bushi supposed to be able to recover one maneuver per round as a free action?

A: Yes.

Q: Isn't that overpowered?

A: No.

Q: Mounted Maneuver Expertise indicates that mounts do not benefit from bonus damage from maneuvers.

However, Primal Warrior Stance does not provide bonus damage, but modifies the damage of a (natural) weapon. Is this an accurate reading of the rules?

A: It would be a liberal interpretation of the rules - no, Primal Warrior's stance doesn't make horsey hit like a bull dozer. Stances are a special level of stupid, as they 'maneuvers' in the sense they fall under that system, but they're not maneuvers - strikes, boosts, and counters. Stances take a passive benefit to the initiator only.

However - I didn't write hussar. I could be wrong here and not know what Elric intended - Elric should feel free to step and say if stances apply here and update the ability to specify that the mount gets stances applied to it. If Elric says stances apply to the mount, then yes, it would get the bulldozer hooves.

Q: Does the "in-tune with its rider's use of maneuvers from the Veiled Moon discipline" override the latter part of the sentence with regard to Shattered Mirror and Eternal Guardian teleportation maneuvers?

A: That's my bad - yeah, I'll fix that. It should include Mirror and Guardian.

Q: What does standard attack actually means in the context of Thrashing Dragon Style? Does it only works on attacks you make by taking a standard action, in which case the feat would be really weak, or does it also applies to AoOs? (which would be awesome)

A: A standard attack is an attack made as a standard action.

Last edited by Vhaidara; 2015-06-20 at 06:49 AM.
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

Path of War - Warder

In Defensive Focus, it says "When recovering maneuvers as a full round action, the warder sets up a defensive perimeter around himself to defend her allies, increasing her threatened area by 5 ft. for every 5 initiator levels she possesses." Does this mean that the Warder does not increase her threatened area until 5th level, or is she supposed to increase her threatened area by 5-ft at first level, and add an extra 5-ft at 5th, 10th, etc?
    Last edited by CGNefarious; 2015-06-09 at 03:30 AM.
    If a sword had memory, it might be grateful to the forge fire, but never fond of it.

Homebrew
    [WIP] Scaled Tyrant - Path of War Dragon based discipline.

Campaigns I am in:
    We Be Best Goblins! as Ragnok the Titleless
    Land of the Endless Sky as Azrael (previously Nualia)

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

DrowGuy

Bloodforge

What is the base speed of the Sthein in its serpent form? Is it also 30 like its humanoid form?

5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

PoW - Steelfist Commando

Does Bonus Feat class feature replace class feature with the same name of vanilla Warlord or it is another set of bonus feats? How many bonus feats, and on which levels, does Steelfist Commando actually receive?

I know the answer is "replaces; 6, 14, 18", but IMO it deserves to be here.

Akashic Mysteries - Stalker's Tabi

Can I teleport without having line of sight and effect? What happens if destination is lit or occupied?
    Last edited by Nyaa; 2015-06-09 at 02:59 AM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Pixie in the Playground

So far, there aren't any questions I'm the right person to answer, but I'm happy to see this thread and will direct folks to it to try to answer questions. :)

--Jeremy

7. - Top - End - #7
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ElderLucian View Post
    Bloodforge

What is the base speed of the Sthein in its serpent form? Is it also 30 like its humanoid form?
    BEHOLD!

The relevant section of the errata:

Quote Originally Posted by The Errata
    Page 60-Add “Speed: Sthein have a base speed of 30 feet.”
    Page 60-In the Alternate Form Racial Trait, the text should read:
    “As a full-round action, a sthein may switch between a serpentine form and a fully humanoid form. Her abilities remain the same in all ways except for the following: in serpentine form she cannot use any magic that requires somatic components (except for spell-like abilities), and she gains a 30 foot swim speed. In humanoid form a sthein has the same facial features and coloration as in serpentine form but has 2 normal legs in place of her long tail, and her bite damage is reduced to 1d4+Strength modifier plus 1 bleed damage.”
    Without language that changes their base speed, it remains the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Wow! Not only was that awesome, I think I actually kinda understand Archeron now. If all the "intermediate" outer planes got that kind of treatment, I doubt there would be anywhere near as many critics of their utility.
    My extended homebrew sig

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nyaa View Post
    [
    Akashic Mysteries - Stalker's Tabi

Can I teleport without having line of sight and effect? What happens if destination is lit or occupied?
    Yes, but if the target destination is not in a legal square (either because the light is too bright, or because it's occupied, or because it's inside a stone wall), the teleportation fails and the action is wasted.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CGNefarious View Post
    Path of War - Warder

In Defensive Focus, it says "When recovering maneuvers as a full round action, the warder sets up a defensive perimeter around himself to defend her allies, increasing her threatened area by 5 ft. for every 5 initiator levels she possesses." Does this mean that the Warder does not increase her threatened area until 5th level, or is she supposed to increase her threatened area by 5-ft at first level, and add an extra 5-ft at 5th, 10th, etc?
    Starts at +5-ft at 1st level, and then adds +5-ft every five levels after.

PoW - Steelfist Commando

Does Bonus Feat class feature replace class feature with the same name of vanilla Warlord or it is another set of bonus feats? How many bonus feats, and on which levels, does Steelfist Commando actually receive?

I know the answer is "replaces; 6, 14, 18", but IMO it deserves to be here.
    He doesn't get the bonus feat at 1st level. He gets the Unarmed Strike stuff instead at 1st and 3rd level instead. His bonus feats are the same as vanilla warlord OR rogue talents.

-X
    Chris Bennett
    Author and Lead Developer of Path of War
    Freelancer

My credits:
    Path of War and Path of War Expanded: An OGL Tome of Battle for the Pathfinder game system, for Dreamscarred Press.
    Psionics Augmented: Psychic Warrior and Psionics Augmented: Soulknife for Dreamscarred Press.

My extended homebrew signature!

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ErrantX View Post
    Starts at +5-ft at 1st level, and then adds +5-ft every five levels after.

-X
    The current RAW does not support this (because to get +5 ft at 1st level, you have to round up, but the default rule is to round down). Do you plan to correct that in future errata?
    Please use they/them/theirs when referring to me in the third person.
    My Homebrew (PF, 3.5)
    Awesome Bone Knight avatar by Chd.
    Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    Cassidy Halloran, Human Scout
    William Gamache, Human Relic Channeler Medium
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AGrinningCat View Post
    Lay on hands? More like Lay your Eyes on this sick elbow drop!

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Extra Anchovies View Post
    The current RAW does not support this (because to get +5 ft at 1st level, you have to round up, but the default rule is to round down). Do you plan to correct that in future errata?
    It's already in the list.

-X
    Chris Bennett
    Freelancer

My credits:
    Path of War and Path of War Expanded: An OGL Tome of Battle for the Pathfinder game system, for Dreamscarred Press.
    Psionics Augmented: Psychic Warrior and Psionics Augmented: Soulknife for Dreamscarred Press.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Bugbear in the Playground

Path of War Expanded - Elemental Flux Discipline

Do Elemental Flux maneuvers gain descriptors from the initiator's active energy type? For example, if my active energy type is currently Fire and I initiate Spark Strike, is it treated as having the [Fire] descriptor?

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheIronGolem View Post
    Path of War Expanded - Elemental Flux Discipline

Do Elemental Flux maneuvers gain descriptors from the initiator's active energy type? For example, if my active energy type is currently Fire and I initiate Spark Strike, is it treated as having the [Fire] descriptor?
    Yes, and I added this to the Flux document as well.

-X
    Chris Bennett
    Freelancer

My credits:

14. - Top - End - #14

Actual question first, then a bit of background that probably shouldn't go up top
    Ultimate Psionics: What should the Grammaton Cryptic's pistols count as when used in melee?

RAW they aren't light and you might not even be proficient with them (contrast: pistol whip) but that makes the feature almost impossible to use and their stats are basically identical to a light mace's.

As an aside, I'm surprised this archetype doesn't get noticed more, being one of the coolest archetypes for probably the coolest class in UPsi and all.

Path of War: What shapes can the Bannerman's Banner take? It says it "must be carried or displayed", but how can it be displayed? Can you wear it (ala parade armor or something?) Can you strap it to your back (like so: http://i.imgur.com/aANybWI.jpg )?

Curious for the sake of things like STS* and other mechanics that require a hand free and aesthetic design choices. Also probably applies to Privateers, though they don't need to actually be holding it to function so not quite as important for them.

*Could have sworn STS required you to have an empty hand. Corrected thanks to the post beneath this one though.
    Last edited by Anlashok; 2015-06-09 at 09:17 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Anlashok View Post
    Actual question first, then a bit of background that probably shouldn't go up top
    Ultimate Psionics: What should the Grammaton Cryptic's pistols count as when used in melee?

RAW they aren't light and you might not even be proficient with them (contrast: pistol whip) but that makes the feature almost impossible to use and their stats are basically identical to a light mace's.

As an aside, I'm surprised this archetype doesn't get noticed more, being one of the coolest archetypes for probably the coolest class in UPsi and all.

Path of War: What shapes can the Bannerman's Banner take? It says it "must be carried or displayed", but how can it be displayed? Can you wear it (ala parade armor or something?) Can you strap it to your back (like so: http://i.imgur.com/aANybWI.jpg )?

Curious for the sake of things like STS and other mechanics that require a hand free and aesthetic design choices. Also probably applies to Privateers, though they don't need to actually be holding it to function so not quite as important for them.
    Scarlet Throne Style does not require a free hand, it only requires that you not attack with a weapon or item wielded in your off hand(s).

EDIT: The banner does not need to be held, it only needs to be displayed for its effects to work. Stick it in the ground, tie it to your back. Do whatever.

16. - Top - End - #16

RedSorcererGirl

Path of War: Expanded

Is Following Wake supposed to modify any attack, or just charge attacks?

Spoiler
    Show
    ]"Following Wake: Boost - when you charge a foe make a free trip attempt against them, using Perform (Dance) in place of CMB roll. This does not provoke an attack of opportunity."

"Following Wake
    Discipline: Mithral Current (Boost)
    Level: 1
    Initiating Action: 1 swift action
    Range: Personal
    Target: You
    Duration: Instantaneous

By utilizing the momentum of their body and blade the disciple turns their strike into a disabling attack that leaves their opponent on the ground. The next time you make an attack this round this round, you can make a free trip attempt against the target of your attack that does not provoke Attacks of Opportunity. This combat maneuver uses Perform(Dance) instead of your CMB when making this trip attempt."

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by MilleniaAntares View Post
    Path of War: Expanded

Is Following Wake supposed to modify any attack, or just charge attacks?

Spoiler
    Show
    ]"Following Wake: Boost - when you charge a foe make a free trip attempt against them, using Perform (Dance) in place of CMB roll. This does not provoke an attack of opportunity."

"Following Wake
    Discipline: Mithral Current (Boost)
    Level: 1
    Initiating Action: 1 swift action
    Range: Personal
    Target: You
    Duration: Instantaneous

By utilizing the momentum of their body and blade the disciple turns their strike into a disabling attack that leaves their opponent on the ground. The next time you make an attack this round this round, you can make a free trip attempt against the target of your attack that does not provoke Attacks of Opportunity. This combat maneuver uses Perform(Dance) instead of your CMB when making this trip attempt."
    It should only apply to a charge attack and the wording has been updated to reflect this, along with removing the double "this round."

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

PoW Zweihander Sentinel Question: Does the Armament Shield share the same weapon enhancement bonus and special abilities as the normal attack? Also, can one use the Armament Shield to gain extra attacks while doing a Full Attack?
    EDIT: Additionally, is Zweihander Sentinel losing Bluff as class skill instead of Acrobatics an error or is it intended?
    Last edited by Tuvarkz; 2015-06-10 at 08:22 AM.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

Blah Blah, cross post, blah blah.
    Quote Originally Posted by NineThePuma View Post
    Speaking of which, how long does the Bushi's Loyalty bushido ability last?

EDIT: Also also: It feels really really weird to me that the Bushi Warder is incompatible with Sworn Protector. That seems like it'd be right up the Bushi's alley...

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Answering this. I'd have quoted you directly, but since you quoted yourself, your quote won't show in the quote I'd quote.

It has the same duration as a status spell with a caster level equal to your initiator level.

21. - Top - End - #21

ctrl+V from that other thread

Quote Originally Posted by Xerlith View Post
    (...)Phoenix Champion
    (...)
    does Burning Bow work with boosts?
    My homebrew

Quote Originally Posted by Waker View Post
    This is the Playground. We're a repository of D&D Knowledge. Kinda like the Library of Congress, but with more screaming about RAW vs. RAI.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    Answering this. I'd have quoted you directly, but since you quoted yourself, your quote won't show in the quote I'd quote.

It has the same duration as a status spell with a caster level equal to your initiator level.
    As it's written, it's "You may mark a friend or ally as a standard action a number of times per day equal to your initiating modifier (minimum 1). This mark allows you to know the relative position and general health condition of the creatures marked as if they were under the effects of a status spell (caster level equal to your initiator level)." which... I guess since Status only has one variable makes sense for it to be duration that way, but it very much implies otherwise by the language (it implies that you mark them, you get to have a Status-spell like effect on them while they're marked, and then with no listed duration, they are marked FOREVER and you never stop knowing any time your buddy falls asleep).

I suggest changing the wording to read to actually /be/ casting Status on your ally instead. Less confusing that way, maybe. Or I could just be tired. Checked with the resident RAW guru I hang out with. Since it's (Su) it needs to have a duration specified in the ability. The mark isn't casting the spell (and even if it was, Deathwatch is rolled into the mark, which would require a separate duration listing for /that/) and unless the mark is listed as ending after a certain point it just runs on forever.
    Last edited by NineThePuma; 2015-06-10 at 10:18 AM.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Answering This. Again, can't make a simple quote, because quotes don't carry over if I try to quote your post.

Does Burning Bow work with Boosts? No. But it applies to all the attacks made with those strikes, and there are several that hit multiple opponents.

24. - Top - End - #24

MonkGuy

I thought it might be a good idea to get an answer to the Warlord's Unbreakable gambit in here, since that one can be a little confusing.

Q: The Unbreakable Gambit references the warlord's ability to "resist his opponent's attack" in the reward, but the gambit only works on effects that are harmless on a failed saving throw. This seems contradictory?
    A: Unbreakable Gambit has a pretty severe set of typos in it. It's supposed to exclude harmless effects, so that you cannot recover maneuvers by saving easily against low-level buffs slung at you by allies or provided through potions or items.
    Unbreakable Gambit
    Risk: The warlord attempts to succeed on a Fortitude or Will save against an extraordinary ability, maneuver, power, spell, or spell-like or supernatural ability. This gambit is used on effects where the result of a successful saving throw either negates the effect or results in partial or halved effect. This gambit may not be used on effects where the result includes the (harmless) result. Unlike other gambits, this one can be attempted as an immediate action instead of a swift action.
    Until official errata is released, you can use the above changes.
    The original question can be found here, the replies can be found here and here. Note that while quoting I took the liberty of editing the two posts slightly to make the A section as clear and concise as possible. If that's problematic, let me know and I'll edit my post to only use the original phrasing.
    Last edited by Kudaku; 2015-06-10 at 09:59 AM.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Firbolg in the Playground

Can an aberrant aegis enter and leave his armour form, or is it constantly affected by the armour?
    Spoiler: Old Avatar by Aruius
    Show
    http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q56/Zeritho/Koboldbard.png

26. - Top - End - #26

Glad this thread is here.

Psionics (specifically: vitalist, tactician, thoughtsinger bard (interesting name choice, what happens if/when you publish an actual update of the thoughtsinger for play in Third Dawn?), pack leader ranger, and zealot)

What happens if you gain multiple collectives (for instance, as a vitalist 1/thoughtsinger bard 2/combat medic tactician 5)?

How do multiclass collectives interact with class features and feats that influence members of your collective (such as Unwilling Collective, or a commander tactician 12/sadist life-leech vitalist 9's Issue Order, Thrall, Drain Health, Transfer Attack, and Empowered In Pain class features)?

Also psionics (this time marksman): To summarize the complaint...
    "So the Kaigun archetype for the Marksman, which is basically a Gunslinger, gets Favored Weapon, like a normal Marksman (EXACTLY like a normal marksman). Normal Marksmen cannot choose guns."
    Never mind the line saying that "Additional weapons can be added to these groups or additional weapon groups can be created at your GM’s discretion," can we get a list of firearm groups for the ability (even if they require some silly disclaimer that they're not appropriate for all campaigns)? It would be nice to be able to run numbers with a minimum of calls made.

Also psionics. Edit central tonight!
    "For the purpose of [the attacks in a flurry of strikes], the meditant’s base attack bonus from his psychic warrior class levels is equal to his meditant level." Does this include for determining the number of attacks gained from a high base attack bonus?
    Last edited by Powerdork; 2015-06-11 at 06:17 AM.

27. - Top - End - #27

ElfRangerGuy

Path of War, Ultimate Psionics

Q:
    Do IL/ML-increasing traits allow me to pick higher level maneuvers and powers?
    A:
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    As long as your IL/ML doesn't exceed your HD those traits will increase your IL or ML for reals, so yes, you can learn higher level maneuvers/power.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

Path of War
    Q How do weapon group adaptation and Phalanx Lancer/Slayer's stance interact? Would getting weapon group adaptation (heavy blades) and those stances allow you to one-hand a great sword for example?
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

29. - Top - End - #29
    Halfling in the Playground

Beholder

Path of War:

Q: Several maneuvers grant a bonus or action to an "adjacent ally". Pathfinder default is that a character is always his own ally unless otherwise stated. For the purpose of these maneuvers, is the character also considered 'adjacent' to himself, thus capable of using the bonuses granted to an "adjacent ally"?

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by mostholycerebus View Post
    Path of War:

A: No, you can't be adjacent to yourself so you don't qualify for maneuvers or abilities that affect an "adjacent ally."