New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Default Re: [Pathfinder] Dreamscarred Press FAQ

Path of War

How does fission interact with maneuvers readied by manifester?

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Nyaa View Post
    Path of War

How does fission interact with maneuvers readied by manifester?
    In what context?

3. - Top - End - #33

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    In what context?
    Does the copy get maneuvers? Separate copy of maneuvers readied by manifester at the time of manifesting, or maneuvers initiated by the copy are expended for original?

4. - Top - End - #34

DwarfFighterGuy

Path of War

How does Discipline Expertise work when you've swapped out schools available to you? Do you use the schools available to the base class or the ones you have access to from that class?

5. - Top - End - #35
    Bugbear in the Playground

Path of War

Is Diamond-Tipped Feathers limited to the list of conditions specified in the PFSRD? The wording of "conditions" is relatively vague, and the inclusion of Bestow Curse as an example suggests that it's a lot broader than just Paizo's list. If it is broader, though - what are the limitations on the conditions that it can cure? Could it cure/prevent ability damage, ability drain, permanent negative levels, mundane physical effects (such as being on fire), or being affected by a magical emanation such as Silence?

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk Eclipse View Post
    Path of War
    Q How do weapon group adaptation and Phalanx Lancer/Slayer's stance interact? Would getting weapon group adaptation (heavy blades) and those stances allow you to one-hand a great sword for example?
    Yes in fact it would. There is still some internal reviewing that I'm working on with Thunder, so the weapon restriction on it may not stand. For now, yes, Weapon Group Adaptation would open it up for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Suichimo View Post
    Path of War

How does Discipline Expertise work when you've swapped out schools available to you? Do you use the schools available to the base class or the ones you have access to from that class?
    The ones you have access to.

Quote Originally Posted by Felyndiira View Post
    Path of War

Is Diamond-Tipped Feathers limited to the list of conditions specified in the PFSRD? The wording of "conditions" is relatively vague, and the inclusion of Bestow Curse as an example suggests that it's a lot broader than just Paizo's list. If it is broader, though - what are the limitations on the conditions that it can cure? Could it cure/prevent ability damage, ability drain, permanent negative levels, mundane physical effects (such as being on fire), or being affected by a magical emanation such as Silence?
    Anything on the "conditions" list is definitely fodder, and I included Bestow Curse in the language to reflect that it can help shrug off other debuffs (Silence, Slow or Reduce Person would be another thing you might want to shrug off, for example). I didn't include an entire list for a couple of reasons: 1) More things may be added as time goes on and that's hard to add to something already published and 2) it leaves it to the DM's decision to allow it to work or not. It cannot prevent damage, that is stated, to attributes and abilities, it can shrug off negative levels as that is a condition, and as far as being on fire I'd allow it.

-X
    Chris Bennett
    Author and Lead Developer of Path of War
    Freelancer

My credits:
    Path of War and Path of War Expanded: An OGL Tome of Battle for the Pathfinder game system, for Dreamscarred Press.
    Psionics Augmented: Psychic Warrior and Psionics Augmented: Soulknife for Dreamscarred Press.

My extended homebrew signature!

7. - Top - End - #37
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Path of War: Expanded

Q:
    The Harbinger's Ill Tidings class feature gives a 10 ft. (and later another 10 ft.) increase to all her movement speeds. The Harbinger's Grim News class feature grants new movement modes that are as fast as the Harbinger's base land speed. Does this mean that the 10 ft. increase counts double for those movement types?

Example: My level 9 Harbinger has a 40 ft. base land speed, thanks to Ill Tidings. I choose Dark Wings for my newly gained Grim News upgrade. Is it a 40 ft. or a 50 ft. fly speed?

8. - Top - End - #38
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morrolan View Post

Q:
    The Harbinger's Ill Tidings class feature gives a 10 ft. (and later another 10 ft.) increase to all her movement speeds. The Harbinger's Grim News class feature grants new movement modes that are as fast as the Harbinger's base land speed. Does this mean that the 10 ft. increase counts double for those movement types?

Example: My level 9 Harbinger has a 40 ft. base land speed, thanks to Ill Tidings. I choose Dark Wings for my newly gained Grim News upgrade. Is it a 40 ft. or a 50 ft. fly speed?
    By RAW, 50 ft. is correct. I have no intention of altering this function.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Wow! Not only was that awesome, I think I actually kinda understand Archeron now. If all the "intermediate" outer planes got that kind of treatment, I doubt there would be anywhere near as many critics of their utility.
    My extended homebrew sig

9. - Top - End - #39

Path of War + Expanded:

Q:
    With all archetypes possible, including ones for fighter, monk ect, what's minimal number of classes needed for character to have access to all disciplines?

Path of War + Psionics Unleashed

Qa:
    If you have two initiator classes (War Soul Soulknife + Stalker, for example) are you progressing both of them (initiator-lvl-wise) by Awakened Blade?

Qb: Can War Soul/Gifted Blade/Whatever else is compatible Soulknife enter Awakened Blade without multiclassing?
    Last edited by heros271; 2015-06-11 at 05:11 PM.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

Psionics Expanded:
    So, the talent Conceal Thoughts seems powerful for a cantrip-equivalent; it seems to give +10 Bluff basically for free. Am I completely off base in thinking that a character could just keep up the +10 Bluff all day by burning psionic focus every hour, then refocusing as a standard action?

11. - Top - End - #41
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Q:
    The new feat Sin Eater grants temporary hitpoints whenever a claimed enemy dies. Do they stack? How long do they last?

12. - Top - End - #42
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

Q: If a Zealot under the effects of Share Pain use their Martyrdom ability does the damaged transferred to to the Zealot get split between the Zealot and linked creature of Share Pain?
    For Cao Cao, For Wei!

13. - Top - End - #43

RedSorcererGirl

Path of War

Do a maneuver's additional damage dice multiply with non-crit events such as a braced weapon versus a charging opponent, or a lance during a mounted charge?

14. - Top - End - #44

Quote Originally Posted by MilleniaAntares View Post
    Path of War

Do a maneuver's additional damage dice multiply with non-crit events such as a braced weapon versus a charging opponent, or a lance during a mounted charge?
    Bonus damage expressed as dice is never multiplied unless, for some godforsaken reason, the ability in question specifically includes it.

Wow! Not only was that awesome, I think I actually kinda understand Archeron now. If all the "intermediate" outer planes got that kind of treatment, I doubt there would be anywhere near as many critics of their utility.
    My extended homebrew sig

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by heros271 View Post
    Path of War + Expanded:

Q:
    With all archetypes possible, including ones for fighter, monk ect, what's minimal number of classes needed for character to have access to all disciplines?

Path of War + Psionics Unleashed

Qa:
    If you have two initiator classes (War Soul Soulknife + Stalker, for example) are you progressing both of them (initiator-lvl-wise) by Awakened Blade?

Qb: Can War Soul/Gifted Blade/Whatever else is compatible Soulknife enter Awakened Blade without multiclassing?
    1st question - that's a great question. I have no idea. I'm sure someone's figured it out already though!

2nd question -
    A - You pick one to advance with the maneuvers gained; that one gets a 1:1 advancement. The other one would get 1/2:1 advancement as you would add half the PrC's level to the IL of the one not being advanced.
    B - No. Gifted Blade is not compatible with War Soul as archetypes go. I don't think there is a way for a soulknife to enter in any fashion without multiclassing, at least not easily. A Pathwalker PsiWarrior can enter awakened blade by himself though.

-X
    Chris Bennett
    Author and Lead Developer of Path of War
    Freelancer

My credits:
    Path of War and Path of War Expanded: An OGL Tome of Battle for the Pathfinder game system, for Dreamscarred Press.
    Psionics Augmented: Psychic Warrior and Psionics Augmented: Soulknife for Dreamscarred Press.

My extended homebrew signature!

16. - Top - End - #46

"Gifted Blade is not compatible with War Soul as archetypes go. I don't think there is a way for a soulknife to enter in any fashion without multiclassing, at least not easily. A Pathwalker PsiWarrior can enter awakened blade by himself though."

No, it's fully compatible.

War Soul removes Psychic Strike dice at lvl 10.

Soulknife get Psychic Strike dice at lvl 11.

This said, War Soul is either fully compatible or impossible to be picked.

17. - Top - End - #47

Any sign of a Path of War errata yet? Been waiting a long time and it's riddled with errors and somehow Bloodforge has one but PoW doesn't?

18. - Top - End - #48
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by heros271 View Post
    "Gifted Blade is not compatible with War Soul as archetypes go. I don't think there is a way for a soulknife to enter in any fashion without multiclassing, at least not easily. A Pathwalker PsiWarrior can enter awakened blade by himself though."

No, it's fully compatible.

War Soul removes Psychic Strike dice at lvl 10.

Soulknife get Psychic Strike dice at lvl 11.

This said, War Soul is either fully compatible or impossible to be picked.
    ... Gifted Blade has the following text.
    This ability replaces the psychic strike class feature normally gained by soulknives. The gifted blade never gains the psychic strike class feature.
    War Soul has the following text.
    This ability replaces the psychic strike class feature and the blade skill at 10th level.
    While there is a bit of sloppy editing and there are two readings ("replaces (X and Y) at 10th level" vs "replaces (x) and (Y at 10th level)"), the intent of having War Soul replace the psychic strike class feature is pretty clear based on both context (Psychic Strike doesn't have anything at 10th level) and by Errant point blank saying that they were incompatible.

19. - Top - End - #49

Q:
    The new feat Sin Eater grants temporary hitpoints whenever a claimed enemy dies. Do they stack? How long do they last?
    By default, temporary HP never stack with themselves or temp HP from other sources in PF (there's an FAQ on the matter); we normally mention it explicitly to be polite. I did forget the duration. Right now the RAW has them lasting until overwritten or expended. I'll probably get that altered to "up to 1 minute".

My extended homebrew sig

20. - Top - End - #50
    Bugbear in the Playground

Can a Sadist Vitalist take talents via Access Psionic Talent from their method list? Further, can other classes and other method Vitalists gain talents from other Vitalist methods?
    Last edited by Taveena; 2015-06-12 at 10:02 AM.
    Incredible avatar made by Ceika.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ErrantX View Post
    2nd question -
    A - You pick one to advance with the maneuvers gained; that one gets a 1:1 advancement. The other one would get 1/2:1 advancement as you would add half the PrC's level to the IL of the one not being advanced.
    Hmm, this is different from the answer I got from the deves (you I think, ErrantX), when I asked the same thing on the old DSP boards. I wrote the answer I was given then into my house rules set, so I’m very confident this is a new interpretation.

At that point the answer was that PrC’s add their level to all Initiator levels you have, including the Martial feats’s Initiator level. It was specified at the time that you did have to select what class (or feat) you add each new maneuver, new maneuver slot or swap to.

So, can I ask if this is a deliberate change from the old answer, and maybe the thoughts behind it?

I’m sad the old board’s can’t be accessed any more. No one knows a way to get anything back from them, right? (I tried Wayback machine and Google cache already for what I was looking for).

22. - Top - End - #52
    Dwarf in the Playground

Q:

This caught me a weird because the question seems to be phrased incorrectly or incompletely.

First I want to quote the items in question:

Dark Wings: The harbinger gains a fly speed equal to her base land speed at Good maneuverability. This flight is supernatural in nature; though the harbinger may develop wings or another form of evident propulsion, she flies through supernatural acumen alone.

Ill Tidings (Ex): Like unwanted news, the harbinger travels swiftly. The harbinger gains a 10 foot competence bonus to her movement speeds. This bonus increases by 10 feet at 10th level.

My understanding is that “Base Speed” is what your race supplies. For Human, your base speed is 30, and that will never change. If you wear heavy armor your Land Speed drops to 20ft, but your base speed doesn’t change, since, logically, you need a fixed (base) value to calculate any bonuses or reductions from!

Given than, for a human with 30ft base speed, Dark Wings grants a fly speed of 30, which is then improved by Ill tidings to 40.

Now, the flip side of this is that you can wear heavy or medium armor and still fly at 40, since armor reduces your land speed, but never your BASE land speed.

I see that Lord_Gareth has already answered this, but I felt that since it was based on specific wording, it might merit a second look from the devs.
    Last edited by ATalsen; 2015-06-12 at 11:35 AM.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

Q:
    What does standard attack actually means in the context of Thrashing Dragon Style? Does it only works on attacks you make by taking a standard action, in which case the feat would be really weak, or does it also applies to AoOs? (which would be awesome)
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

24. - Top - End - #54

ElfRangerGuy

Ultimate Psionics

Are psychometabolism powers considered polymorph effects? Do they stack with each other and with spells with polymorph descriptor?

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk Eclipse View Post
    Q:
    What does standard attack actually means in the context of Thrashing Dragon Style? Does it only works on attacks you make by taking a standard action, in which case the feat would be really weak, or does it also applies to AoOs? (which would be awesome)
    A: A standard attack is an attack made as a standard action.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

So no Double hit on AoO? Shame
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

27. - Top - End - #57

ElfRangerGuy

Path of War

Hawkguard - Ranged Defensive Focus. Does its range increase with levels like regular Defensive Focus?

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nyaa View Post
    Path of War

Hawkguard - Ranged Defensive Focus. Does its range increase with levels like regular Defensive Focus?

It should, yes. Ranged Defensive Focus says "This functions as normal warder defensive focus, except for the following changes...", so the increases to the threatened area should occur as normal.

(While I'm not technically the author of this archetype, I'm largely responsible for its continued existence and had a fair amount of input on its abilities.)

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Doomeye56 View Post

Q: If a Zealot under the effects of Share Pain use their Martyrdom ability does the damaged transferred to to the Zealot get split between the Zealot and linked creature of Share Pain?
    TL;DR: No

Share Pain reads:

You take half damage from all attacks that deal hit point damage to you, and the subject takes the remainder.
    Martyrdom is not an attack, so the damage is not transferred.

Also, you can PM me questions directly or email me at novawurmson at live.com for the quickest response!
    Tier System for Classes | Why Each Class is in its Tier
    PF Optimization Guides Compendium | Extended Signature (Optimization/Conversion/Homebrew)

Quote Originally Posted by CTrees View Post
    Knowledge (local) being trained only, and not a class skill for many classes, means that your average human may well not be able to identify other humans! This may explain the exceptional quantity of half-human hybrids.

30. - Top - End - #60

RedSorcererGirl

Mounted Maneuver Expertise indicates that mounts do not benefit from bonus damage from maneuvers.

However, Primal Warrior Stance does not provide bonus damage, but modifies the damage of a (natural) weapon. Is this an accurate reading of the rules?

Spoiler: Relevant text
    Show
    Mounted Maneuver Expertise (Ex): At 1st level, the hussar and his mount are so in tune with each other that they can work as one when performing maneuvers. Whenever a hussar is mounted and uses a maneuver with a movement component (such as making a charge attack, or taking an extra move action), the hussar can have his mount make the appropriate move action in his place. Both the hussar and mount receive any bonuses from the maneuver that would normally apply only to the initiator (such as attack bonuses, healing, temporary health, but not bonus damage). If the maneuver allows the initiator to make a charge attack, both the mount and hussar are considered to be charging.

Primal Warrior Stance:

By taking a wide stance that invites the death of any before him, the mighty disciple of Primal Fury wields the power of overwhelming force to it's greatest effects. The initiator ignores difficult terrain when charging while in this stance, and whenever he is subject to a size modifier for CMB checks or to his CMD, the disciple is treated as one size category larger if doing so would be advantageous to him. He is also considered to be one size larger when determining whether a creature's special attacks based on size (such as grab or swallow whole) can affect him.

By taking a wide stance that invites the death of any before him, the mighty disciple of Primal Fury wields the power of overwhelming force to it's greatest effects. The initiator ignores difficult terrain when charging while in this stance, and whenever he is subject to a size modifier for CMB checks or to his CMD, the disciple is treated as one size category larger if doing so would be advantageous to him. He is also considered to be one size larger when determining whether a creature's special attacks based on size (such as grab or swallow whole) can affect him. Additionally, any melee weapon, unarmed strike, or natural weapon is treated as if it were two sizes larger. The benefits of this stance stack with abilities or effects that increase the initiator's size (such as enlarge person). The benefits of this stance stack with abilities or effects that increase the initiator's size (such as enlarge person).

In addition, for the Omen Rider:

"Unlike a druid’s animal companion, a spectral steed may not take an archetype; additionally, the share spells allows the spectral steed to always be in-tune with its rider’s use of maneuvers from the Veiled Moon discipline, and may also teleport with its rider on maneuvers that would translocate it or grant it the ability to see and strike incorporeal creatures."

Does the "in-tune with its rider's use of maneuvers from the Veiled Moon discipline" override the latter part of the sentence with regard to Shattered Mirror and Eternal Guardian teleportation maneuvers?
    Last edited by MilleniaAntares; 2015-06-14 at 07:03 PM.