New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1490
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Pathfinder] Dreamscarred Press FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by Swaoeaeieu View Post
    Akashic Mysteries

I keep rereading the book looking, but somehow something doesnt seem very clear to me: Can you shape a veil to a chakra you cant bind yet? At low level you arent limited to the veils you can bind right? you can shape any veil your class knows, just not bind them untill a certain level.

somehow when reading the book the distinction isnt clear to me.
    Binding just allows you to use the advanced abilities of the veil. You can always shape a veil in any slot you possess; that means that you can e.g. shape a Chest veil as a 1st level vizier, you just can't use its bind effect.

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Bugbear in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ssalarn View Post
    Binding just allows you to use the advanced abilities of the veil. You can always shape a veil in any slot you possess; that means that you can e.g. shape a Chest veil as a 1st level vizier, you just can't use its bind effect.
    This is the part that confuses me i think. You posess all the slots, just not the chakra to bind them to from level one right? You can shape from level one any veil for your class, but only bind them to a chakra at later levels for bonus power.

You did clear it up thanks. Guess i read the book wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Orderic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by swaoeaeieu
    Or maybe, i dont know... adoption?
    Don't be ridiculous. We need those orphans...
    If at any point you notice mistakes in my English, please let me know, I am always looking to improve.

3. - Top - End - #1053
    Halfling in the Playground

Zombie

Is it intended for Prestige classes like Kith Hunter and Forgelord to be able to bounce the Class Features advancement back and forth? ie. 1 level of KH and 2 levels of Forgelord getting +2 levels of class features to both?

4. - Top - End - #1054
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey, are some of the additional Bloodforge Infusions books coming out anytime soon? I mainly love the Vritrith and need to get my slimy Salamander race fix.
    If you see me talking about Shaper Psions, assume that anything not poison immune within 100 feet will be dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by kardar233 View Post
    I was going to PM you about it because I wanted to know, but then you posted it later. Elegant solution. Watch out for Necropolitans.
    My Homebrew Signature such as it is.

5. - Top - End - #1055
    Halfling in the Playground

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by Mithril Leaf View Post
    Hey, are some of the additional Bloodforge Infusions books coming out anytime soon? I mainly love the Vritrith and need to get my slimy Salamander race fix.
    That and their Lords of the Wild stuff. Lords of the Mists would be nice to get more development on, but I think that one got shelved for some reason (I think i asked about that once upon a time somewhere else).

6. - Top - End - #1056
    Dwarf in the Playground

smile Re: [Pathfinder] Dreamscarred Press FAQ

Okay I've got a silly question.

I just picked up both Path of War and Path of War expanded.

PoW Ex lists new disciplines. (Riven Hourglass for example)
    So these are only available to the new (Pow Ex) classes?

I am trying to find a matrix that lists which classes (from both books) have access to which disciplines. And so far I have not been able to do so. Would someone please tell me on which page this would be found?

Thanks!

7. - Top - End - #1057
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rerednaw View Post
    Okay I've got a silly question.

I just picked up both Path of War and Path of War expanded.

PoW Ex lists new disciplines. (Riven Hourglass for example)
    So these are only available to the new (Pow Ex) classes?

I am trying to find a matrix that lists which classes (from both books) have access to which disciplines. And so far I have not been able to do so. Would someone please tell me on which page this would be found?

Thanks!
    Look into the "Old Dogs and New Tricks" section on page 85. It gives updated rules on which disciplines are available to the different classes.
    Extended Signature

Words of Wisdom from other Playgrounders:
    Quote Originally Posted by unseenmage View Post
    Like your own little harem of jealous wearable anime girls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterkerfuffle View Post
    I've seen horsemancers absolutely shred campaigns.

8. - Top - End - #1058

Hoping the next set of errata changes Aurora Soul so that Defensive Aura replaces Instant Enlightenment instead of Mystic artifice.

Just saiyan

9. - Top - End - #1059
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Bloodforge: Is there any limit on the size of an armor an Astredi can assimilate? Like can an Astredi assimilate armor for a larger/smaller creature and change size?
    Rudisplorker of the faith, true Rudisplorker
    Quote Originally Posted by Cazero View Post
    Because Pun-pun was on the road to ultimate power first, and he hates your guts.
    Extended Sig

I'm a template!

And an artifact!

10. - Top - End - #1060

Steelforge: Would using Power Charm of the Adamant that makes one's mind blades/shield/armor function like being made from adamantine have any direct effect on the Psychic Armory's Psychic Fortress ability or similar abilities? It would seem odd for it not to improve the hp and hardness of this ability but I might be wrong.

11. - Top - End - #1061

Daemon

Are there any plans to make a class or archetype which focuses solely on crafting, like an Artificer? I know there's the Mindwright, but it also being a full Manifester takes a lot of the focus away from crafting.
    DMs only roll dice for the sound they make

12. - Top - End - #1062
    Ogre in the Playground

This may be a bit of a goofy question, but I haven't had a lot of experience with Psionics outside of Ultimate Psionics (which I love by the way)

Is there, or will there be any way for an Aegis to manifest a suit with extra legs, much in the way they can manifest extra arms? I like this idea as a way to treat the Astral Suit as something resembling power armor, and considering there are ways for an Astral Suit to increase the Aegis's size, extra legs wouldn't be too much of a stretch for a customization.
    Come post a magic item to show that not all unique items are immensely powerful tools of the gods!
    Jester of The Rudisplorkers Guild!!

My cool avatar by Kymme
    My homebrew

Quote Originally Posted by Xuldarinar View Post
    ..What have I done..? What have you done? That poor lantern archon..

trophies
    The photo got removed, but I'm a silver trophy winner of Pathfinder Grab Bag XII: of Dungeons and Dragons

13. - Top - End - #1063
    Ogre in the Playground

Encountered another oddity with the Void Prophet Zealot. It's stated in the Zealot Collective ability that they can lose PP or be sickened when a member of the collective dies. In the Void Prophet section, it says they do not lose PP as a result of unwilling members dying. Would they also be immune to the sickened status?
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelve.five
    Hipsterdin- Smiting Heathens before it was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

Pink is Neutral Evil, because reasons.

Exalted Monk Avatar by ThePrez1776

14. - Top - End - #1064

Quote Originally Posted by IZ42 View Post
    Encountered another oddity with the Void Prophet Zealot. It's stated in the Zealot Collective ability that they can lose PP or be sickened when a member of the collective dies. In the Void Prophet section, it says they do not lose PP as a result of unwilling members dying. Would they also be immune to the sickened status?
    I definitely believe that would be RAI. This issue with the murky wording of Hollow Faith has come up a few times before, and even though I'm not aware of an answer from a DSP guy, I believe it's safe to assume the following interpretation of the RAW is in line with the RAI (my emphasis):

"A void prophet never loses power points as a result of an unwilling member of her collective dying."

The emphasized part should basically be read as if you always have extra free PP which can only be used "pay" for the death of a member in the collective. Which means a death never puts you at risk of being sickened. So for a less confusing version of Hollow Faith, simply add "and never becomes sickened" to the emphasized part.

Though the other interpretation - that a Void Prophet is always sickened as a result of a death - is arguably more RAW, it would result in the archetype at best being a pretty horrible trap option. And I find it very hard to believe that was the intent, especially considering the distinct lack of any other DSP class/archetype trap options.
    Last edited by upho; 2017-12-15 at 09:03 PM.

15. - Top - End - #1065
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by upho View Post
    Though the other interpretation - that a Void Prophet is always sickened as a result of a death - is arguably more RAW, it would result in the archetype at best being a pretty horrible trap option. And I find it very hard to believe that was the intent, especially considering the distinct lack of any other DSP class/archetype trap options.
    I mean the cryptic is pretty big on traps and all, but that's probably not what you meant

But thanks for your interpretation. My interpretation of it was that, since you're never losing PP due to deaths, any time you would be sickened, you would be sickened for zero rounds, because that would be an equal number of rounds to the number of PP you lost. But that's a very shaky interpretation of RAW, IMO, so I'd prefer a Dev (or at least someone who knows the system better than I) to weigh in.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelve.five
    Hipsterdin- Smiting Heathens before it was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

Pink is Neutral Evil, because reasons.

Exalted Monk Avatar by ThePrez1776

16. - Top - End - #1066

Who made the rubato? There's a mechanical and some fluff things I'd like to talk about.

First: metronome. You get it at level 1, and at that level you can get twice the tempo for the same number of rounds just by using the native bardic -> tempo conversion. at level 5, the rate is the same, you're just wasting actions and performance rounds while not using another performance doing it. It's useless until level 10 when you get 3 for 1. But because a rubato doesn't have any big sinks for it like a mystic does, that also seems pointless. You have to move-action start the performance to get any advantage, because standards and swifts are what you'd supposedly want to use the tempo for. But at level 10, you should be starting with 8 tempo in every fight even if you let Cha sit pretty low in chargen, ranged and buff/debuff should start with quite a bit more. What kind of fight goes on so long that you'd burn through that so fast you need to use metronome more than you need to buff with inspire courage?

It's just bad, even at high levels because of how much starting tempo you get. You can't burn through it fast enough to want this trade.

But I think this feeds more into tempo's weird usage. Why do you start with a bunch of tempo and slowly gain it, but with animus you start with little and gain it quickly? It seems odd to me that a pseudomagical resource couched in terms of movement and song(the crescendo isn't at the beginning, people) starts big and just winds down. Why start with so much? Why don't you get more from performance, like animus from using maneuvers? Why don't you get any for moving, hitting things, or generally being a magnificent bastard of a bard? Why don't you lose it for getting stunned/dazed or failing saving throws?

17. - Top - End - #1067
    Barbarian in the Playground

Flumph

Path of War

Sanguine Perfection. When using this maneuver does this stop incoming conditions post-activation, or merely ones that you would otherwise be currently affected by on activation? Example: A condition will render me dazed, so I initiate the counter and am fine for the counter's duration. I am then dazed, confused, or otherwise affected by a condition on the list in the following round. Am I affected or not?

Additional question for Temporal Body Adjustment. For the cursed condition, does this keep the user from suffering the effects of something like bestow curse, or simply the [cursed] condition as associated with various maneuvers? Basically would this remove the curse causing the condition or just the condition? If it would remove the curse itself, are there any similar effects/spells that would be considered conditions for the purpose of this maneuver?

18. - Top - End - #1068

Imp

Psionics

Can the Aegis take the "Access Psionic Talent" feat?

19. - Top - End - #1069

Quote Originally Posted by Kaouse View Post
    Psionics

Can the Aegis take the "Access Psionic Talent" feat?
    Not without taking unlocked talent first.

20. - Top - End - #1070

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by exelsisxax View Post
    Not without taking unlocked talent first.
    Does this include psionic races? Does the Aegis count as a Psionic class for the purpose of whether or not their "Wild Talent" turns into "Psionic Talent"?

21. - Top - End - #1071

Does this include psionic races? Does the Aegis count as a Psionic class for the purpose of whether or not their "Wild Talent" turns into "Psionic Talent"?
    It applies to every character that lacks a manifester level. The feat is clear: you require an ML or the unlocked talent feat. an ML can be gained only through class levels, and aegis doesn't give an ML.

Psionic races make no difference because they don't provide wild talent if you have aegis levels. A bit weird, but clear: you must actually take the wild talent feat, then unlocked talent, to qualify for access psionic talent.

I think there was a non-sucky way for psionic characters to gain powers, but I cannot find it, so I may be mistaken.
    Last edited by exelsisxax; 2018-01-17 at 11:32 AM.

22. - Top - End - #1072
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

We just started Strange Aeons and one of my players is a Vizer. That's cool we are both fans and supporters of DSP, I just have a question about Enhanced capacity and the Vizer's improved essence capacity gained at 3, do they stack? at third level it looks as though he will be firing two darts at 4d4 force damage each. Is this correct?

23. - Top - End - #1073

Quote Originally Posted by Duskwolf View Post
    We just started Strange Aeons and one of my players is a Vizer. That's cool we are both fans and supporters of DSP, I just have a question about Enhanced capacity and the Vizer's improved essence capacity gained at 3, do they stack? at third level it looks as though he will be firing two darts at 4d4 force damage each. Is this correct?
    They stack. If he bound the veil, he should have 4 4d4 darts by my count if he invested his maximum of 3 essence. That's pretty good, but remember that a vizier is a very squishy class fully invested in using veils and have basically nothing else to do but make them powerful. It's not like damage breaks a class, or barbs and rangers might be OP.

24. - Top - End - #1074
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

That is how it read to me, just confirming there was not errata or the like I was unaware of. Thank you for the quick response.

25. - Top - End - #1075

Imp

It applies to every character that lacks a manifester level. The feat is clear: you require an ML or the unlocked talent feat. an ML can be gained only through class levels, and aegis doesn't give an ML.

Psionic races make no difference because they don't provide wild talent if you have aegis levels. A bit weird, but clear: you must actually take the wild talent feat, then unlocked talent, to qualify for access psionic talent.

I think there was a non-sucky way for psionic characters to gain powers, but I cannot find it, so I may be mistaken.
    So if you're a Psionic Race that normally gets Wild Talent, but you enter into the Aegis class, your Wild Talent turns into Psionic Talent, so you still need to take Wild Talent in order to take Unlocked Talent just so you can take the Access Psionic Talent Feat. So no matter what, an Aegis who wanted Talents would have to spend 3 feats regardless of their race, whereas a Fighter (or any other non-psionic class) with a Psionic Race would only really have to spend 2 feats, since they get Wild Talent for free, correct?

If that's true, you're certainly right about this method being sucky.
    Last edited by Kaouse; 2018-01-17 at 07:19 PM.

26. - Top - End - #1076

So if you're a Psionic Race that normally gets Wild Talent, but you enter into the Aegis class, your Wild Talent turns into Psionic Talent, so you still need to take Wild Talent in order to take Unlocked Talent just so you can take the Access Psionic Talent Feat. So no matter what, an Aegis who wanted Talents would have to spend 3 feats regardless of their race, whereas a Fighter (or any other non-psionic class) with a Psionic Race would only really have to spend 2 feats, since they get Wild Talent for free, correct?

If that's true, you're certainly right about this method being sucky.
    It sucks if you're an elan fighter too, you just throw one less feat into the trash. I'd say they lose that exchange, because they have to deal with being a fighter.

The main thing though is that talents suck. Most can't be augmented, they can't be cast for free if augmented, and if unaugmented have virtually no effect after level 3 or so. If you don't have an ML to augment with, talents are worthless. They'd do your aegis no good at all.

27. - Top - End - #1077

Imp

It sucks if you're an elan fighter too, you just throw one less feat into the trash. I'd say they lose that exchange, because they have to deal with being a fighter.

The main thing though is that talents suck. Most can't be augmented, they can't be cast for free if augmented, and if unaugmented have virtually no effect after level 3 or so. If you don't have an ML to augment with, talents are worthless. They'd do your aegis no good at all.
    Eh, I was planning on playing the new "Host of Heroes" Archetype that makes the Aegis into a pseudo-Medium. I wanted a more magical bent on my character focus, and the ability to Detect Psionics at will seemed like a pretty decent idea both mechanically and flavorfully.

At will cantrips are actually a pretty nice thing to have, especially early level, before they really lose their luster and get replaced by more powerful magic. It's just sad that as a psionic class, the Aegis actually gets the most shafted in this regard.

28. - Top - End - #1078

Eh, I was planning on playing the new "Host of Heroes" Archetype that makes the Aegis into a pseudo-Medium. I wanted a more magical bent on my character focus, and the ability to Detect Psionics at will seemed like a pretty decent idea both mechanically and flavorfully.

At will cantrips are actually a pretty nice thing to have, especially early level, before they really lose their luster and get replaced by more powerful magic. It's just sad that as a psionic class, the Aegis actually gets the most shafted in this regard.
    Oh, well that's easy.

2 customization points: power stone repository and harness power stone
    25g: power stone(1st) detect psionics

You need to actually spend PP to use it, not just maintain focus to freecast, but it gets the job done.

Alternatively, 9K gold for a talented third eye: gives you psionic talent and a psionic talent(determined at item creation), and your char level is your ML. Expensive, but cheaper than 3 feats.

29. - Top - End - #1079
    Dwarf in the Playground

Would feats like Snapping Turtle Style that give a +1 shield bonus to AC fulfill the "a shield of any kind" requirement for the feat Martial Power?

30. - Top - End - #1080
    Barbarian in the Playground

Does the level 20 capstone (Dark Focus (Supremacy)) of Harbingers allow them to ready a maneuver twice (once in a normal slot, once as part of having all of your dark focus discipline maneuvers counted as readied) or would readying it in the former mean the latter doesn't matter?