New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,490 of 1490
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Pathfinder] Dreamscarred Press FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    It's EL's Utterdark Shield. As in my Utterdark Shield... Muahahahahaha. Sorry, don't know what came over me there.
    You're welcome ;)

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ssalarn View Post
    You're welcome ;)
    Yes. I know I said thank you before, but it really is great. I appreciate it.

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Bugbear in the Playground

It's EL's Utterdark Shield. As in my Utterdark Shield... Muahahahahaha. Sorry, don't know what came over me there.
    Yes, and since EL's your shield, I had to get my own, didn't I?

Not my fault you've already put your grubby hands on everything nice and (utter)dark and cool... Stop bullying me just 'cause the best I could manage was a crappy probably-not-legal near-copy. Looks almost the same, and the poorly written instruction manual says it works just as well, so the only difference seems to be the logo's slightly different. But I've already noticed the utterdark not quite as... uhm... ...utter? And it's leaking essence...

(I have no idea why I wrote Ei, but I'm guessing it was probably more due to me being senile than me trying to avoid Elric saying "Mine!"...)

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGirl

The Resonant Song bard archtype is pretty cool, and Song of Simulated Life is a nifty ability. However, while it says:

"If the Hands of the Bard are dispelled or take enough damage to be suppressed while separated from the resonant song, any items they are holding are instantly dropped in that location and they reform around the Hands chakra of the resonant song 1d4 rounds later."

It doesn't specify what happens when you (voluntarily) end the performance. Does the same thing happen? Or something else?

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CactusAir View Post
    The Resonant Song bard archtype is pretty cool, and Song of Simulated Life is a nifty ability. However, while it says:

"If the Hands of the Bard are dispelled or take enough damage to be suppressed while separated from the resonant song, any items they are holding are instantly dropped in that location and they reform around the Hands chakra of the resonant song 1d4 rounds later."

It doesn't specify what happens when you (voluntarily) end the performance. Does the same thing happen? Or something else?
    Willingly suppressing them is functionally the same as them being suppressed. If you've returned the Hands to yourself you can take hold of the items, but otherwise it plays out basically as above. The ongoing effects rules would allow you to resume them as a move action without having to wait 1d4 rounds as long as you willingly dismissed them, however.

6. - Top - End - #1476
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Ssalarn View Post
    Willingly suppressing them is functionally the same as them being suppressed. If you've returned the Hands to yourself you can take hold of the items, but otherwise it plays out basically as above. The ongoing effects rules would allow you to resume them as a move action without having to wait 1d4 rounds as long as you willingly dismissed them, however.
    I was considering whether I could save Performance rounds by using Lingering Performance and just renewing it every 3 rounds, but it sounds like that causes anything the hands are holding to drop unless i move them back onto the bard.

7. - Top - End - #1477
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CactusAir View Post
    I was considering whether I could save Performance rounds by using Lingering Performance and just renewing it every 3 rounds, but it sounds like that causes anything the hands are holding to drop unless i move them back onto the bard.
    As long as the Hands are active they wouldn't drop anything, but yes, as soon as they expire they'd drop whatever they're holding if you haven't called them back.

8. - Top - End - #1478
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by upho View Post
    Yes, and since EL's your shield, I had to get my own, didn't I?

Not my fault you've already put your grubby hands on everything nice and (utter)dark and cool... Stop bullying me just 'cause the best I could manage was a crappy probably-not-legal near-copy. Looks almost the same, and the poorly written instruction manual says it works just as well, so the only difference seems to be the logo's slightly different. But I've already noticed the utterdark not quite as... uhm... ...utter? And it's leaking essence...

(I have no idea why I wrote Ei, but I'm guessing it was probably more due to me being senile than me trying to avoid Elric saying "Mine!"...)
    I wasn't trying to claim ownership of the veil, I am just very fond of how it came to be and enjoy that its origin is right here on the forums.

Kind of like how the Brutal Slayer Stalker archetype came to exist because of my tiefling campaign.

9. - Top - End - #1479
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGirl

The 8th level Steel Serpent maneuver, Adamantine Fang, says the following:
    The awesome force of the disciple’s ki is so strong that it has the potential to paralyze the opponent on a failed Will save (DC 18 + initiation modifier) for one round. Additionally, if the disciple is using poison or a prana maneuver with this strike, increase the saving throw DC by +4.
    Does it mean increase the DC of the maneuver, the poison/prana, or both?

On a related noted, are pranas considered poisons for the purposes of resistance/immunity and poison-boosting abilities?
    Last edited by Kris Moonhand; 2019-02-28 at 01:22 AM. Reason: Forgot a thing

10. - Top - End - #1480
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Moonhand View Post
    The 8th level Steel Serpent maneuver, Adamantine Fang, says the following:

Does it mean increase the DC of the maneuver, the poison/prana, or both?

On a related noted, are pranas considered poisons for the purposes of resistance/immunity and poison-boosting abilities?
    I will have to do some more research on what was intended to get the DC boost from the Adamantine Fang strike.

However, I do know that Sting and Prana maneuvers are not poisons because they use ki to damage the mind and body of the target, not chemicals.

11. - Top - End - #1481
    Titan in the Playground

I will have to do some more research on what was intended to get the DC boost from the Adamantine Fang strike.

However, I do know that Sting and Prana maneuvers are not poisons because they use ki to damage the mind and body of the target, not chemicals.
    Poisoner's Stance implies that this is incorrect.

"One of the first lessons of Steel Serpent disciples is the knowledge of mundane poisons and how to use them with expertise. While in this stance, the disciple gains the poison use class feature (the disciple no longer risks accidentally poisoning himself when attempting to apply poison to a weapon) and gains a +1 DC per two initiator levels as a competence bonus (maximum +10) to the saving throw DC’s of any poison (mundane, magical, sting maneuver or prana maneuver) he applies through the use of this stance."

12. - Top - End - #1482
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Rynjin View Post
    Poisoner's Stance implies that this is incorrect.

"One of the first lessons of Steel Serpent disciples is the knowledge of mundane poisons and how to use them with expertise. While in this stance, the disciple gains the poison use class feature (the disciple no longer risks accidentally poisoning himself when attempting to apply poison to a weapon) and gains a +1 DC per two initiator levels as a competence bonus (maximum +10) to the saving throw DC’s of any poison (mundane, magical, sting maneuver or prana maneuver) he applies through the use of this stance."
    What they said, and I've seen pranas referred to as "spiritual poisons" in a couple places in Steel Serpent, hence why I was confused.
    Last edited by Kris Moonhand; 2019-02-28 at 10:06 PM. Reason: blargh, can't spell

13. - Top - End - #1483
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGirl

Hmn, Can I ask about DSP's 3.5 content for psionics?

I'm particularly interested in what an Initiate of the Worldthought can do.

Like, if it uses stuff that typically propagates across Worldthought networks, can those effects go over the network the IotW is supporting/enhancing?

Eg, can the IotW use Network powers over the network she is the 'junior partner" in? Or grant the benefits of the Anti-social mode of the Personality Purge feat to the members of her master's network?

14. - Top - End - #1484
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGirl

Can a Crafter Vizier's "Transfer the Essence" ability transfer the qualities of specific magic items? For instance, could one take the magic of a Holy Avenger and put it on a battleaxe instead of a longsword?

15. - Top - End - #1485
    Firbolg in the Playground

Okay folks, so: things have been hectic! Stupid hectic! And this thread is hitting the fifty page limit. We will not be opening up an official FAQ thread again once it goes down, not until we can - in good faith - find time out of our collective lives to give it the attention it deserves and answer questions with more than just the author firing at the hip. You've my apologies.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Wow! Not only was that awesome, I think I actually kinda understand Archeron now. If all the "intermediate" outer planes got that kind of treatment, I doubt there would be anywhere near as many critics of their utility.
    My extended homebrew sig

16. - Top - End - #1486
    Bugbear in the Playground

Imp

Would it be possible to open up a Discord for FAQs? That way, it's easy to respond, and we can have specific channels for specific products.
    Last edited by Kaouse; 2019-03-25 at 12:40 AM.

17. - Top - End - #1487
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kaouse View Post
    Would it be possible to open up a Discord for FAQs? That way, it's easy to respond, and we can have specific channels for specific products.
    I...kinda fail to see how that would address the root issue of not having the collective time to answer in-depth and in good faith?

Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Wow! Not only was that awesome, I think I actually kinda understand Archeron now. If all the "intermediate" outer planes got that kind of treatment, I doubt there would be anywhere near as many critics of their utility.
    My extended homebrew sig

18. - Top - End - #1488
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Moonhand View Post
    Can a Crafter Vizier's "Transfer the Essence" ability transfer the qualities of specific magic items? For instance, could one take the magic of a Holy Avenger and put it on a battleaxe instead of a longsword?
    Yes, as long as it's a complete transfer and the weapon is not an artifact, cursed, or intelligent (so a standard holy avenger would qualify but a lot of the unique ones wouldn't).

19. - Top - End - #1489
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateGuy

That’s more forgiving than how I’ve read it, which is that you could only swap when the end result is something you could have made from scratch. Unless Holy Avenger battleaxes can be made from scratch?

20. - Top - End - #1490
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Great Modthulhu: Thread has hit 50 pages.