New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Halfling in the Playground

Beholder

Default Re: [Pathfinder] Dreamscarred Press FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    Once again, nothing about rage and maneuvers is incompatible. Skill check maneuvers are useable while in a rage no matter the skill check you're making.
    That definitely needs a sidebar or clarification then, because AFAICT per RAW any maneuver that relies on a DEX, INT or CHA skill check is unusable while Raging. The 'requires concentration' clause also could be construed to include any maneuver, thats closer to a GM call.

As far as a feat patch, personally im not a fan of feats just to allow a multi-class based concept, unless its such a super-uber build that it needs a feat tax as balance. Plus, sucks for Martial classes in a group that may sometimes have a Skald, sometimes not.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mostholycerebus View Post
    That definitely needs a sidebar or clarification then, because AFAICT per RAW any maneuver that relies on a DEX, INT or CHA skill check is unusable while Raging. The 'requires concentration' clause also could be construed to include any maneuver, thats closer to a GM call.

As far as a feat patch, personally im not a fan of feats just to allow a multi-class based concept, unless its such a super-uber build that it needs a feat tax as balance. Plus, sucks for Martial classes in a group that may sometimes have a Skald, sometimes not.
    This is not a discussion thread - please take this to the main thread for further talking about it as I had asked. This is for Q and A only - thanks!

-X
    Chris Bennett
    Author and Lead Developer of Path of War
    Freelancer

My credits:
    Path of War and Path of War Expanded: An OGL Tome of Battle for the Pathfinder game system, for Dreamscarred Press.
    Psionics Augmented: Psychic Warrior and Psionics Augmented: Soulknife for Dreamscarred Press.

My extended homebrew signature!

3. - Top - End - #183
    Bugbear in the Playground

Sorry about the giant wall of questions. I've been scrutinizing the maneuvers carefully for a Warlord Bushi that I'm planning on playing, and the following is some of the stuff that I dug out.

General Path of War

Can you substitute combat maneuvers (like Trip) in place of strikes or counters that allow you to make one or more attacks? If so, do you get the Xd6 damage, or any other rider effects (like Save vs. Daze) on a successful CMB check? For maneuvers like Scything Strike or Silver Crane Spiral, can you make the maneuver against all targets of the maneuver (like combining Spiral and Expanded's Tempest Gale Stance for a 110' radius trip)? What about maneuvers that allow you to substitute a skill check, like Rising Zephyr Strike?

When do you need to be holding a discipline weapon in order for its bonuses (most importantly the +2 DC) to apply - is it when you attack or when the opponent makes the save? If you are wielding a discipline weapon but attacking with a different weapon, or if your discipline weapon is "Close" [Small Shield] and you are attacking with an Armament Shield weapon for a Zweihander Sentinel (which also counts as a small shield), does the discipline weapon bonus still apply?

How long does the Warlord's Acrobatic Gambit last? I assume it's until the beginning of the Warlord's next turn, but it does not have a listed duration.

Does Cavalry Gambit's reward apply to attack rolls or damage rolls, or both?

Does Tactical Assistance apply to all Aid Another actions, or only the specific Aid Another action done as a move action as specified in the ability? For instance, if you had the Bodyguard feat, would the Warlord be able to apply his charisma bonus to the AC added to his allies through that feat? Would Bodyguard's range then increase to 30'?

Is Tactical Assistance's CHA to Aid Another optional? For instance, if you had the Bushi's bushido to add +CHA to Aid Another, which does not stack with Tactical Assistance due to the FAQs, could you revert to using the normal +2 for Aid Another and add the Bushi's ability so that your bonus becomes CHA+2?

Does Tactical Assistance stack with the halfling's "Helpful" trait (which, instead of giving a +2 to Aid Another, specifically states that the bonus becomes +4)? What about Tactical Flanker and Outflank (which also states a final bonus of +4 instead of adding to the flanking bonus)?

Does Dual Boost allow you to activate two boosts that must be activated at different times in the action? For instance, a boost that gives you +10 to speed (which must be activated before a charge) and a boost that heal after a successful attack (which must be activated after the attack has been made)?

For the Warder's Defensive Focus, are you allowed to move in any way you wish when an enemy provokes as long as you're able to strike the enemy with the AoO? For instance, if I had a 20' reach with defensive focus and an opponent tried to charge me, can I strafe so that I'm outside of his charge path before taking my AoO?

Tactical Acumen specifies both "Add" and "In place of Dexterity" in its text. Is it meant to have INT replace DEX for both Initiative and Reflex saves, or add INT to Reflex (in addition to DEX) and have INT replace DEX for Initiative?

I think Born of Steel is intended to subtract your INT modifier from opponents' crit confirmation rolls, though as-written it adds them, which makes the ability harmful for Warders.

Silver Crane

There are major text and table differences between the damaging maneuvers in the discipline. The table implies that all of the "Pinion" and "Exorcism" maneuvers should be sacred damage while the "Healing" and "Sight Debuff" ones are not, which seems to make more sense. However, the text seems to give sacred damage to more random maneuvers (including Silver Knight's Blade, a healing maneuver). Text trumps table, of course, but the text doesn't seem to make sense in regards to sacred damage. Can you clarify on which maneuvers are supposed to deal sacred damage?

All Silver Crane strikes have the [good] tag. Does this mean that these strikes are all considered good aligned for overcoming DR?

Golden Lion

If you apply Demoralizing Roar and hit a target multiple times, does the Shaken condition improve to Frightened -> Panicked as per standard fear rules?

Can the Swipe maneuvers (like Golden Swipe) move your opponents diagonally or upward? For instance, if you want to push your opponent over a 5 ft. railing and into a bottomless hole right behind the railing, can you use Golden Swipe to move him 5 ft. diagonally up-left so he goes over the railing?

Does Discipline of the Pride require your allies to meet the prerequisites for the feat that you are giving them?

If you use Discipline of the Pride to give your allies a feat that involves a choice (such as Advanced Study), can your targets make their own choice when they receive the feat, or do they have to make the same choices that you made? If they can make their own choice, can they change this choice if you grant them the feat again through another use of the maneuver, or are they stuck with their choices for one day?

If the answer to the above question is that they must choose the same thing that you've chosen, what would happen if an initiator gave, say, Martial Training III (which the initiator used to learn Ghostwalk) to level 1 soldiers with 10 Dexterity? Will the soldiers have access to Ghostwalk in this case?

Can Endurance of the Strong be used to save an ally from taking enough HP damage to reach the "dead" condition?

Does Harry the Pray allow allies to use special attack actions, such as Cleave, that takes a standard action? What about riders to the standard attack action like Vital Strike or the new Thrashing Dragon Style in expanded?

Thrashing Dragon

Do Thrashing Dragon effects (boosts and stances) that specify "...while two-weapon fighting" still work when the disciple is wielding two weapons, but is only able to attack with one (for example, on an attack of opportunity) and thus not taking penalties due to TWF?

For the "snap kick" type maneuvers, some of them specify that the initiator can inflict lethal damage if he possesses a "weapon worn on the feet". If the initiator is wearing a weapon on his feet that has its own damage and properties, would the maneuver use the foot weapon damage or would it still use unarmed strike damage?

Can Thrashing Dragon (and "...while two-weapon fighting" maneuvers) be used with Multiweapon Fighting for initiators capable of wielding more than two weapons? If so, do maneuvers that say "two weapons" still limit the initiator to two attacks?

Devastation Roll specifies "make an attack against the target's flat-footed Armor Class" rather than the standard "target is denied his DEX to AC bonus". Does that mean that the maneuver is intended to ignore Uncanny Dodge?

Iron Tortiose

I think this is how it works, but just wanted to make sure. Burnished Shell is Your BAB + Your Shield AC + D20 against Enemy CL + D20, right?

Iron Tortoise Stance specifies that you gain +5ft. reach for making attacks of opportunity. However, since you normally do not have that reach, you don't threaten those squares by PF rules (as far as I can tell), though it would still work with Combat Patrol and the Warder defensive focus as written. Is the stance meant to also increase your threatened area by +5ft. as well?

Does Iron Tortoise Stance increase natural reach or actual reach? In fact, I think it would be good to have a general ruling for all PoW effects that increase reach, so we don't end up with the Lunge argument.

When Aggregated Wounds state "-4 cumulative penalty", does this mean that it stacks with itself?

Scarlet Throne

Normally, shield bonuses do not stack, but Scarlet Einhander stance grants a +2 Shield Bonus to AC and Scarlet Throne is intended to let you fight with a buckler. Is it intended that the shield bonus to AC from this stance does not stack with the AC from a buckler?

Does Rising Zephyr Strike (and the higher level variations) multiply +X bonus damage from stances and boosts, such as from Night's Knife or (more potently) Devastating Momentum on a Martial Charge?

Black Seraph

What is the limit on free intimidation checks for Black Seraph's Glare? As-written, you can do it as many times as you want to after you damaged someone - in essence, taking 20 on the check, which doesn't seem right. Is it meant to be a free intimidation after each attack, or 1 free intimidate per round?
    Last edited by Felyndiira; 2015-07-19 at 02:05 AM.

4. - Top - End - #184

Quote Originally Posted by Felyndiira View Post
    Black Seraph

What is the limit on free intimidation checks for Black Seraph's Glare? As-written, you can do it as many times as you want to after you damaged someone - in essence, taking 20 on the check, which doesn't seem right. Is it meant to be a free intimidation after each attack, or 1 free intimidate per round?
    Keep in mind that per the Intimidate rules, the DC increases by 5 each time you fail, so while you can get an awful lot off, as it keeps getting harder, eventually it will go out of your range entirely.
    Incredible avatar made by Ceika.

5. - Top - End - #185

Quote Originally Posted by Taveena View Post
    Keep in mind that per the Intimidate rules, the DC increases by 5 each time you fail, so while you can get an awful lot off, as it keeps getting harder, eventually it will go out of your range entirely.
    This is true, but it still means you can drop an opponent right from normal to panicked in one attack with the Soulless Gaze feat and another damnation feat, or keep trying until you get the number of rounds to stack to some arbitrary high value (FAQs ruled that intimidate durations stack) if you can succeed on a 1. It's just nice to have a clarification just in case, since I don't think infinite intimidates are intended.
    Last edited by Felyndiira; 2015-07-19 at 01:37 AM.

6. - Top - End - #186

This is true, but it still means you can drop an opponent right from normal to panicked in one attack with the Soulless Gaze feat and another damnation feat, or keep trying until you get the number of rounds to stack to some arbitrary high value (FAQs ruled that intimidate durations stack) if you can succeed on a 1. It's just nice to have a clarification just in case, since I don't think infinite intimidates are intended.
    I have actually asked about this in the past, and the answer I've gotten was that that was, indeed, how it currently functions. It'll need errata to do otherwise.
    Incredible avatar made by Ceika.

7. - Top - End - #187

Quote Originally Posted by Taveena View Post
    I have actually asked about this in the past, and the answer I've gotten was that that was, indeed, how it currently functions. It'll need errata to do otherwise.
    Ah, okay. I'll strike it out of the questions list then (though it's something I feel needs to be errata'd due to the stacking intimidate duration FAQ).
    Last edited by Felyndiira; 2015-07-19 at 02:07 AM.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Sorry about the giant wall of questions. I've been scrutinizing the maneuvers carefully for a Warlord Bushi that I'm planning on playing, and the following is some of the stuff that I dug out.
    I will answer the questions that I know (or think I know) the answers to. Others, you'll just have to wait on

Can you substitute combat maneuvers (like Trip) in place of strikes or counters that allow you to make one or more attacks? If so, do you get the Xd6 damage, or any other rider effects (like Save vs. Daze) on a successful CMB check? For maneuvers like Scything Strike or Silver Crane Spiral, can you make the maneuver against all targets of the maneuver (like combining Spiral and Expanded's Tempest Gale Stance for a 110' radius trip)? What about maneuvers that allow you to substitute a skill check, like Rising Zephyr Strike?
    A: No. Maneuvers that allow combat maneuver checks will state that they allow them to be made. Otherwise, it's just an attack.

Also, I'm assuming you mean Tempest Gale Style, not Tempest Gale Stance. Tempest Gale Style specifies that you must use a standard action to make the combat maneuver check, it's not an attack.

When do you need to be holding a discipline weapon in order for its bonuses (most importantly the +2 DC) to apply - is it when you attack or when the opponent makes the save? If you are wielding a discipline weapon but attacking with a different weapon, or if your discipline weapon is "Close" [Small Shield] and you are attacking with an Armament Shield weapon for a Zweihander Sentinel (which also counts as a small shield), does the discipline weapon bonus still apply?
    A: You must be using a discipline weapon as part of the strike in order to gain the discipline weapon bonus. That means that you must hit the target with the discipline weapon. It doesn't matter which discipline weapon you use, necessarily, but it has to be a discipline weapon.

How long does the Warlord's Acrobatic Gambit last? I assume it's until the beginning of the Warlord's next turn, but it does not have a listed duration.
    A: The ability says
    attacks against the opponent or opponents that the warlord evaded this round
    So it lasts until the end of the round.

Does Tactical Assistance apply to all Aid Another actions, or only the specific Aid Another action done as a move action as specified in the ability? For instance, if you had the Bodyguard feat, would the Warlord be able to apply his charisma bonus to the AC added to his allies through that feat? Would Bodyguard's range then increase to 30'?
    A: By RAW, it only applies to the move action use of Tactical Assistance.

Is Tactical Assistance's CHA to Aid Another optional? For instance, if you had the Bushi's bushido to add +CHA to Aid Another, which does not stack with Tactical Assistance due to the FAQs, could you revert to using the normal +2 for Aid Another and add the Bushi's ability so that your bonus becomes CHA+2?
    A: You use the higher bonus.

Does Tactical Assistance stack with the halfling's "Helpful" trait (which, instead of giving a +2 to Aid Another, specifically states that the bonus becomes +4)? What about Tactical Flanker and Outflank (which also states a final bonus of +4 instead of adding to the flanking bonus)?
    A: It does not stack, you use the higher bonus.

Does Dual Boost allow you to activate two boosts that must be activated at different times in the action? For instance, a boost that gives you +10 to speed (which must be activated before a charge) and a boost that heal after a successful attack (which must be activated after the attack has been made)?
    A: Yes, you can activate two boosts that have different activation requirements. It's a bit like holding the charge on a touch spell, it goes off once you meet the trigger effect of the boost.

For the Warder's Defensive Focus, are you allowed to move in any way you wish when an enemy provokes as long as you're able to strike the enemy with the AoO? For instance, if I had a 20' reach with defensive focus and an opponent tried to charge me, can I strafe so that I'm outside of his charge path before taking my AoO?
    A: There's nothing strictly preventing that, although I'd say that any FAQ regarding Combat Patrol and this situation would apply as well.

Tactical Acumen specifies both "Add" and "In place of Dexterity" in its text. Is it meant to have INT replace DEX for both Initiative and Reflex saves, or add INT to Reflex (in addition to DEX) and have INT replace DEX for Initiative?
    A: It should be a replacement.

I think Born of Steel is intended to subtract your INT modifier from opponents' crit confirmation rolls, though as-written it adds them, which makes the ability harmful for Warders.
    A: I believe this is on the docket for the errata document, but thanks for mentioning it anyway. It should subtract your INT from your enemy's crit confirmation roll, or rather, add INT to your AC for the roll.

There are major text and table differences between the damaging maneuvers in the discipline. The table implies that all of the "Pinion" and "Exorcism" maneuvers should be sacred damage while the "Healing" and "Sight Debuff" ones are not, which seems to make more sense. However, the text seems to give sacred damage to more random maneuvers (including Silver Knight's Blade, a healing maneuver). Text trumps table, of course, but the text doesn't seem to make sense in regards to sacred damage. Can you clarify on which maneuvers are supposed to deal sacred damage?
    A: When in doubt (and until ErrantX comes along and corrects me) go by what the specific maneuver's description says.

If you apply Demoralizing Roar and hit a target multiple times, does the Shaken condition improve to Frightened -> Panicked as per standard fear rules?
    A: We'll be fixing the wording on Demoralizing Roar, but by RAW if they fail multiple saves the effect does progress.

Can the Swipe maneuvers (like Golden Swipe) move your opponents diagonally or upward? For instance, if you want to push your opponent over a 5 ft. railing and into a bottomless hole right behind the railing, can you use Golden Swipe to move him 5 ft. diagonally up-left so he goes over the railing?
    A: Diagonally, yes. Provided it does not exceed the maximum forced movement provided by the maneuver (such as moving into difficult terrain). Up I'm not so sure about, and in the specific scenario you mentioned I'd probably say that exceeds the maximum movement distance of the maneuver (5 ft. to the left, 5 ft. up, over the railing considered difficult terrain making it 15 ft. total).

Does Discipline of the Pride require your allies to meet the prerequisites for the feat that you are giving them?
    A: By RAW, they need to meet the requirements of the feat in order to use it.

If you use Discipline of the Pride to give your allies a feat that involves a choice (such as Advanced Study), can your targets make their own choice when they receive the feat, or do they have to make the same choices that you made? If they can make their own choice, can they change this choice if you grant them the feat again through another use of the maneuver, or are they stuck with their choices for one day?
    A: I'd say that they're allowed to make their own choice. However, like the Paragon Surge spell, once that choice is made it can't be changed throughout the day.

If the answer to the above question is that they must choose the same thing that you've chosen, what would happen if an initiator gave, say, Martial Training III (which the initiator used to learn Ghostwalk) to level 1 soldiers with 10 Dexterity? Will the soldiers have access to Ghostwalk in this case?
    A: They're allowed to make their own choice, until you hear otherwise.

Can Endurance of the Strong be used to save an ally from taking enough HP damage to reach the "dead" condition?
    A: Yes. If you can grant them enough hit points to do so.

Does Harry the Pray allow allies to use special attack actions, such as Cleave, that takes a standard action? What about riders to the standard attack action like Vital Strike or the new Thrashing Dragon Style in expanded?
    A: Any effect which can be applied to a standard or attack action attack can be used with the attacks granted by Harry the Pray.

Do Thrashing Dragon effects (boosts and stances) that specify "...while two-weapon fighting" still work when the disciple is wielding two weapons, but is only able to attack with one (for example, on an attack of opportunity) and thus not taking penalties due to TWF?
    A: No.

For the "snap kick" type maneuvers, some of them specify that the initiator can inflict lethal damage if he possesses a "weapon worn on the feet". If the initiator is wearing a weapon on his feet that has its own damage and properties, would the maneuver use the foot weapon damage or would it still use unarmed strike damage?
    A: Like always, you use the damage of the weapon you're attacking with. If you have a weapon on your foot, you use the foot weapon.

Can Thrashing Dragon (and "...while two-weapon fighting" maneuvers) be used with Multiweapon Fighting for initiators capable of wielding more than two weapons? If so, do maneuvers that say "two weapons" still limit the initiator to two attacks?
    A: By RAW, yes they can be used with Multiweapon Fighting. You're still limited to the number of attacks specified by the maneuver.

Devastation Roll specifies "make an attack against the target's flat-footed Armor Class" rather than the standard "target is denied his DEX to AC bonus". Does that mean that the maneuver is intended to ignore Uncanny Dodge?
    A: By RAW, yes.

I think this is how it works, but just wanted to make sure. Burnished Shell is Your BAB + Your Shield AC + D20 against Enemy CL + D20, right?
    A: Correct.

Iron Tortoise Stance specifies that you gain +5ft. reach for making attacks of opportunity. However, since you normally do not have that reach, you don't threaten those squares by PF rules (as far as I can tell), though it would still work with Combat Patrol and the Warder defensive focus as written. Is the stance meant to also increase your threatened area by +5ft. as well?
    A: Yes, it should increase your threatened area as well.

Does Iron Tortoise Stance increase natural reach or actual reach? In fact, I think it would be good to have a general ruling for all PoW effects that increase reach, so we don't end up with the Lunge argument.
    A: We're working on that. Unfortunately, the reach rules are just a mess.

When Aggregated Wounds state "-4 cumulative penalty", does this mean that it stacks with itself?
    A: Yes.

Normally, shield bonuses do not stack, but Scarlet Einhander stance grants a +2 Shield Bonus to AC and Scarlet Throne is intended to let you fight with a buckler. Is it intended that the shield bonus to AC from this stance does not stack with the AC from a buckler?
    A: Well, firstly "intended to work with a buckler" is strong phrasing. Scarlet Throne is shield neutral. So the shield bonus does not stack.

Does Rising Zephyr Strike (and the higher level variations) multiply +X bonus damage from stances and boosts, such as from Night's Knife or (more potently) Devastating Momentum on a Martial Charge?
    A: This has been answered before, but bonus damage from maneuvers is never multiplied.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Dwarf in the Playground

if a brutal slayer uses brutal assault to gain brutal strikes (BRUTALITY!) against an enemy and scores a critical hit during the effect, does he then activate his full brutal strikes class feature?

A:
    If you get a crit while using brutal assault, you get your full brutal strikes bonus. This should also be in the FAQ thread for easy reference.

You're brutally welcome.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Pixie in the Playground

Psionics Expanded

For the purpose of qualifying for Style feats such as Pummeling Style where the brawler's flurry class feature, or flurry of blows class feature is a prerequisite.

Do the Soulknife Deadly Fist Flurry of Blows blade skill

or

the Psy War Meditant 6th Flurry of Strikes fulfill this prereq

note that Psionics Expanded has a copyright 2011 & Pummeling Style is from the ACG copyright 2014. These Style feats came about after Psionics Expanded was published. So it was not possible to address the issue of Style feat compatibility at the time Psionics Expanded was published.
    Last edited by Sorek; 2015-07-19 at 11:47 PM.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sorek View Post
    Psionics

For the purpose of qualifying for Style feats such as Pummeling Style where the brawler's flurry class feature, or flurry of blows class feature is a prerequisite.

Do the Soulknife Deadly Fist Flurry of Blows blade skill

or

the Psy War Meditant 6th Flurry of Strikes fulfill this prereq
    RAW, no, since they have different names and no text saying they count as other abilities for that purpose. Not an unreasonable house rule though.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ogre in the Playground

[Akashic Mysteries] Question 1: How do natural weapons (such as the Nameer's claws) interact with Veils such as Wrathful Claws? I'm guessing that the higher damage dice (veil) takes priority over the lower (natural weapon), but I'm not entirely sure.

Question 2: Do you have any plans for a Veil like the 3.5 Soulmeld Sphinx Claws (Pounce when bound)?

[Path of War] Question 1: What's your ruling on natural attacks (such as claws) combined with the class features of the Dervish Defender Warder? If you had two claw attacks, would they function as weapons for the purposes of Two-Weapon Defense and Shield of Blades?

Question 2: Path of War seems to have a plethora of Maneuver Options but a dearth of Class Options for Natural Weapon builds. Is this intentional?

Question 3: Are there any plans for another meatshield PoW class? I'm a big fan of the Warder and to a lesser extent the Warlord, but there's only so much you can do with them.

Question 4 (final one, mildly off topic): Do you folks know of any sites or programs that support making maneuver cards (like Spell Cards, but you know, with Maneuvers?)

I hope these hopelessly specific questions aren't too much of a bother to ya'll.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelve.five
    Hipsterdin- Smiting Heathens before it was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

Pink is Neutral Evil, because reasons.

Exalted Monk Avatar by ThePrez1776

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by IZ42 View Post
    [Path of War] Question 1: What's your ruling on natural attacks (such as claws) combined with the class features of the Dervish Defender Warder? If you had two claw attacks, would they function as weapons for the purposes of Two-Weapon Defense and Shield of Blades?
    A: For Two-Weapon Defense specifically it might work, it gets tricky when you're trying to argue you can TWF with a greatsword and a bite attack, for example. For Shield of Blades probably not, as Shield of Blades specifies the weapon groups that are allowed and natural weapons don't fall under those weapon groups.

Question 2: Path of War seems to have a plethora of Maneuver Options but a dearth of Class Options for Natural Weapon builds. Is this intentional?

Question 3: Are there any plans for another meatshield PoW class? I'm a big fan of the Warder and to a lesser extent the Warlord, but there's only so much you can do with them.
    These aren't really questions appropriate for a rules FAQ.

Question 4 (final one, mildly off topic): Do you folks know of any sites or programs that support making maneuver cards (like Spell Cards, but you know, with Maneuvers?)
    I don't know of any specifically for that use. I usually just do it in microsoft word. Just set up a table with spacing that's about the right size and copy/paste the text in the table cells and adjust size accordingly.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Dwarf in the Playground

Path of War

I seem to remember the general "discipline weapon only" restriction being removed from Broken Blade maneuvers during the beta, and only being applied on a case by case basis. The rule was replaced with a bonus for using discipline weapons instead. However, on both the SRD, and my PDF of Path of War, the Broken Blade section specifically says that the maneuvers can only be initiated with discipline weapons. Am I misremembering? Is my copy of the pdf outdated? Was there an errata I missed? I got my PDF through Drivethru RPG, if that helps.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground

A: For Two-Weapon Defense specifically it might work, it gets tricky when you're trying to argue you can TWF with a greatsword and a bite attack, for example. For Shield of Blades probably not, as Shield of Blades specifies the weapon groups that are allowed and natural weapons don't fall under those weapon groups.

I don't know of any specifically for that use. I usually just do it in microsoft word. Just set up a table with spacing that's about the right size and copy/paste the text in the table cells and adjust size accordingly.
    Thanks for your responses. I suppose the PoW thread would be the place to ask about those two.
    Show
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ettin in the Playground

There's actually only one discipline (Broken Blade) that has Natural as one of its discipline weapon groups.

Well, there's the Zealot in the PoW:E playtest. If anything, they're more of a meatshield than the Warder; once per round they can take on the damage that an ally would have taken from an attack, and can spend PP to reduce that damage.
    Please use they/them/theirs when referring to me in the third person.
    My Homebrew (PF, 3.5)
    Awesome Bone Knight avatar by Chd.
    Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    Cassidy Halloran, Human Scout
    William Gamache, Human Relic Channeler Medium
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AGrinningCat View Post
    Lay on hands? More like Lay your Eyes on this sick elbow drop!

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Extra Anchovies View Post
    There's actually only one discipline (Broken Blade) that has Natural as one of its discipline weapon groups.
    Huh. I thought I saw more disciplines with the Natural Weapon Group.

Quote Originally Posted by Extra Anchovies View Post
    Well, there's the Zealot in the PoW:E playtest. If anything, they're more of a meatshield than the Warder; once per round they can take on the damage that an ally would have taken from an attack, and can spend PP to reduce that damage.
    Yes, but they're really Melee Support, not Bruiser. Apparently I'm bad at reading. They're both bruiser and melee support.
    Last edited by IZ42; 2015-07-21 at 02:17 PM.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground

ErrantX answered the Shield of Blades+Natural Weapons earlier in the thread.
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/shows...&postcount=175
    (In short terms, Natural Attacks count as close weapons)

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ogre in the Playground

[Akashic Mysteries] Question 1: How do natural weapons (such as the Nameer's claws) interact with Veils such as Wrathful Claws? I'm guessing that the higher damage dice (veil) takes priority over the lower (natural weapon), but I'm not entirely sure.

Question 2: Do you have any plans for a Veil like the 3.5 Soulmeld Sphinx Claws (Pounce when bound)?
    1) The more beneficial of the two options is used. They overlap, not stack. Since the essence and bind effects both apply to the claw attacks granted by the veil, it's probably not the best option for someone who already has a good claw attacks from another source.

2) Currently no. The Vengeance daevic gets a type of pseudo-Pounce that procs off of Bull Rush and only applies to natural attacks, so if a veil did grant a pounce type ability, it would probably use that as a guidepost (not necessarily the Bull Rush part, but being specific to natural attacks, or possibly veil attacks). I actually prefer to keep true pounce out of the akashic system without multiclassing into a Barbarian or psionic class, because a straight-classed veilweaver has enough binds and slots to break that wide open and destroy reasonable DPR caps.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ettin in the Playground

If a Soulknife places the Lucky enhancement on their mind blade, do they only get one reroll per day or do they get a new reroll each time they reform their mind blade (e.g. after it has left their hand without being thrown)?
    Please use they/them/theirs when referring to me in the third person.
    My Homebrew (PF, 3.5)
    Awesome Bone Knight avatar by Chd.
    Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    Cassidy Halloran, Human Scout
    William Gamache, Human Relic Channeler Medium
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AGrinningCat View Post
    Lay on hands? More like Lay your Eyes on this sick elbow drop!

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ettin in the Playground

This question is also relevant to the Soul Archer, because it creates new ammunition (which normally can be enchanted with Lucky for lots of rerolls).

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ogre in the Playground

Path of War-Expanded
    Does a level 10 Harbinger with Elemental Nimbus-Fire Stance take two or three times his Intelligence to damage? (2x Initiation modifier from Nimbus, and Int to damage from class feature, that is)
    EDIT: Additionally, does Polearm Dancer work with one-size larger weapons via Powerful Build?
    Last edited by Tuvarkz; 2015-07-24 at 05:30 AM.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Pixie in the Playground

PoW Expanded Riven Hourglass

Temporal Body Adjustment
    " You may initiate this counter when you would be affected by a negative condition (such as being cursed, dazed, paralyzed, or sickened), or are affected by a negative condition."

Dead is listed as a condition. Would TBA counter death from HP loss? As in negate the last effect, spell, power or melee strike that caused the character to die? Would necromantic death effects be treated any differently than other forms of HP damage? Or would it negate all damage taken in the last round? It may be best to specifically exempt Dead from the conditions nullified.

The maneuver summary states "Negate any one negative condition that affects the disciple or ally within 60-ft. But the full description states "Range: Personal". Is this personal only or can it affect allies?

" end any one such condition currently affecting you. " Is there any limit to the timeframe in which this will work?
    ie. Say I have been wearing Boots of Dancing for a week and have not been in any combats and therefore do not know the item is cursed. Combat begins, "oh sh^&$&".

"By reversing the flow of your personal Hourglass, you can turn back time, undoing a harmful event."
    Can I use TBA to turn back time to a week ago when I first put the boots on?

btw absolutely loving PoW

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Sorek View Post
    PoW Expanded Riven Hourglass

Temporal Body Adjustment
    " You may initiate this counter when you would be affected by a negative condition (such as being cursed, dazed, paralyzed, or sickened), or are affected by a negative condition."

Dead is listed as a condition. Would TBA counter death from HP loss? As in negate the last effect, spell, power or melee strike that caused the character to die? Would necromantic death effects be treated any differently than other forms of HP damage? Or would it negate all damage taken in the last round? It may be best to specifically exempt Dead from the conditions nullified.

The maneuver summary states "Negate any one negative condition that affects the disciple or ally within 60-ft. But the full description states "Range: Personal". Is this personal only or can it affect allies?

" end any one such condition currently affecting you. " Is there any limit to the timeframe in which this will work?
    ie. Say I have been wearing Boots of Dancing for a week and have not been in any combats and therefore do not know the item is cursed. Combat begins, "oh sh^&$&".

"By reversing the flow of your personal Hourglass, you can turn back time, undoing a harmful event."
    Can I use TBA to turn back time to a week ago when I first put the boots on?

btw absolutely loving PoW
    A: You cannot remove the dead condition with Temporal Body Adjustment because dead creatures cannot take actions. The wording for Temporal Body Adjustment should exclude the conditions "Dead, Dying, Helpless and Unconscious." As for the range, it is Personal, whenever there is conflict between the short version and long version of a maneuver use the long version.

There is not currently a time limit on how far back Temporal Body Adjustment will go, but it should (and will likely) be limited to one round.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Barbarian in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Ultimate Psionics

Enhanced Mind Bolt is the only Enhanced Mind Blade replacement that doesn't count as it, making Soulbolt incompatible with Metaforge. Is it intentional?

26. - Top - End - #206
    Pixie in the Playground

Lizardfolk

The Bannerman Warlord archetype trades away their first level bonus feat for a scaling +1 / 4 Initiator levels Dodge bonus to AC when fighting with a weapon held in one hand and an empty offhand or offhand using a buckler or banner.

However, the effect does not list a 'Min:1' effect so the character loses their first bonus feat for a bonus that they do not recieve until 4th level.

Is this intentional or should the minimum bonus be +1?

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ettin in the Playground

What weapon group is a mind blade in? If none, is it considered something like its own weapon group for the purposes of the Weapon Group Adaptation feat, or do we have to take a blade skill in addition to the feat to use them well with maneuvers?

28. - Top - End - #208

DwarfClericGuy

Path of War

Do passive and conditional bonuses to skills and attack rolls affect relevant counters?

For instance: My vanguard commander is being attacked by A Barbarian. Vanguard has 10 BAB, 7 Shield AC and a +5 Strength mod and +5 Cha mod. In addition, his Companion Bannerwoman Warlord has her flag out for +2 Morale to hit and damage, the Naturalist Bard is giving +2 Insight to hit, and the Diviner Wizard is giving +2 luck bonus, and I am flanking with the parties Ninja.

In response to his attack, I initiate Iron Shell. Is my check against his attack d20+10+7+5, or d20+10+7+5+2+2+2+5?
    Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!

My Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

The Clanhold Warden - Dwarf Racial Archetype for Dreamscarred Press' Warder
    Glorious Thunder - The God's own wrath as a Paladin's ranged option.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Barbarian in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ErrantX View Post
    He can leave his armor form, he more or less 'Hulks Out' to get his aberration traits come forth.
    What kind of action does it take?

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Sayt View Post
    Path of War

Do passive and conditional bonuses to skills and attack rolls affect relevant counters?

For instance: My vanguard commander is being attacked by A Barbarian. Vanguard has 10 BAB, 7 Shield AC and a +5 Strength mod and +5 Cha mod. In addition, his Companion Bannerwoman Warlord has her flag out for +2 Morale to hit and damage, the Naturalist Bard is giving +2 Insight to hit, and the Diviner Wizard is giving +2 luck bonus, and I am flanking with the parties Ninja.

In response to his attack, I initiate Iron Shell. Is my check against his attack d20+10+7+5, or d20+10+7+5+2+2+2+5?
    A: When a maneuver calls for an attack roll you apply any bonuses to attack you would if you were making a normal attack roll.