New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: FTitp: Fiore X785

Giants Foot Guild Hall

A gorgeous lady floats down in front of the guild on a gentle breeze. A gorgeous lady that looks a lot like Selena to those who know her personally, but to those who have never met her, she looks very much not like Selena oddly enough.

She enters the guild hall.
    "I'd like to offer my services to this fine establishment."
    Queen Buttercup avatar by the ever-generous Serpentine

2. - Top - End - #152
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Outside the Guild
    "Oh she did beautifully, Guildmaster Garcia. She in fact went beyond expectation, and did most of the work herself. They have been returned safe and sound. Though I doubted the claims that cultists kidnapped them at first but...apparently there is a cult in our town. Most ugly, no? How would you like them to be dealt with, may I ask?"
    Listening Kittie hid a smile at the compliment, at least she had done well. Now it was matter of if was enough to make it in.
    Save a show. Slay a Shipper.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JohnTheSavage View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Master Garcia notices that Diego had chosen to work on setting up some sort of card spell upon his return from the bakery. Must be important. The master thought. He knew how much Diego enjoyed a good game of cards.

The master decided to get a breath of fresh air outside while he waited for Diego to finish. Upon stepping outside, he noticed the three-man group that had set out to find those missing kids had returned. Master Garcia quickly beckoned Onnyxe and Nick over, eager to ask about the performance of their aspiring recruit.
    Nick shrugs.

"As far as I'm concerned, she's earned the right to join the guild."

He looks over his shoulder as Selena descends.

"Huh. That's new."
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Halfling in the Playground

Oakroom & Board Inn

Jiyuna's eyebrows raise.

This was an interesting development, to be sure...nobody said that he'd have backup on this mission.
    Hopefully Selena didn't sink his chances to join the guild.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show

5. - Top - End - #155
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Giant's Foot Guild Hall Entrace

The sound of rapid footsteps would reach the ears of those close enough to the guild hall's front doors. They would then be thrown open unceremoniously a few moments later as a rather rugged looking boy stood there. Dirt would mark parts of his face as well as a number of stains on his black pants and red sweater-jacket. However even as his appearance was a bit less than impressive his fiery blue eyes and wild red hair seemed to speak of an indomitable spirit. Walking forward he spoke in a rough yet boyish voice.

Oi! Is this the Giant's Foot guild? If so, you're looking at the guy interested in becoming your newest guild member."

He then took note of the multitude of people that occupied the guild hall. A grin found it's way onto his face, exposing his rather surprisingly sharp teeth.

"Oh, this is a popular place. It looks like it could be fun!"

6. - Top - End - #156
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post
    Nick shrugs.

"As far as I'm concerned, she's earned the right to join the guild."

He looks over his shoulder as Selena descends.

"Huh. That's new."

"I feel odd being here, hearing this. Why don't I go back to my rooms and leave you to discuss, you can let me know when you've come to a decision."
    Kittie began to take a step back, hanging over a card. "My rooms, I am at your service."

7. - Top - End - #157
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Airea View Post

"I feel odd being here, hearing this. Why don't I go back to my rooms and leave you to discuss, you can let me know when you've come to a decision."
    Kittie began to take a step back, hanging over a card. "My rooms, I am at your service."
    Master Garcia quickly raises a hand to stop Kittie from leaving.
    "Hold it. There's no need for you to go anywhere, because I've made my decision. You've acted well, have one of my S-class wizards vouching for you and two more of my most trusted wizards describing you in glowing terms. I don't need to hear anymore or take time to consider my decision. I've heard more than enough. You're in, newbie. Welcome to Giant's Foot. Head over to the bar and talk to Sharid to get yourself marked."

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Thorns View Post
    Giants Foot Guild Hall

A gorgeous lady floats down in front of the guild on a gentle breeze. A gorgeous lady that looks a lot like Selena to those who know her personally, but to those who have never met her, she looks very much not like Selena oddly enough.

She enters the guild hall.
    "I'd like to offer my services to this fine establishment."
    Quote Originally Posted by AnimeKid View Post
    Giant's Foot Guild Hall Entrace

The sound of rapid footsteps would reach the ears of those close enough to the guild hall's front doors. They would then be thrown open unceremoniously a few moments later as a rather rugged looking boy stood there. Dirt would mark parts of his face as well as a number of stains on his black pants and red sweater-jacket. However even as his appearance was a bit less than impressive his fiery blue eyes and wild red hair seemed to speak of an indomitable spirit. Walking forward he spoke in a rough yet boyish voice.

Oi! Is this the Giant's Foot guild? If so, you're looking at the guy interested in becoming your newest guild member."

He then took note of the multitude of people that occupied the guild hall. A grin found it's way onto his face, exposing his rather surprisingly sharp teeth.

"Oh, this is a popular place. It looks like it could be fun!"
    Well, today certainly is busy, isn't it? The Guildmaster thought to himself.
    He briskly moved to receive the newcomers after finishing with Kittie, waving the two newcomers over with his one arm.
    "So, you're both interested in joining the Guild then?"
    Just "John" is fine.

Credit to Edwin for the awesome orc avatar.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

[QUOTE=JohnTheSavage;19495363]Master Garcia quickly raises a hand to stop Kittie from leaving.
    "Hold it. There's no need for you to go anywhere, because I've made my decision. You've acted well, have one of my S-class wizards vouching for you and two more of my most trusted wizards describing you in glowing terms. I don't need to hear anymore or take time to consider my decision. I've heard more than enough. You're in, newbie. Welcome to Giant's Foot. Head over to the bar and talk to Sharid to get yourself marked."

Somewhat shocked by the quickness of the acceptance Kittie nodded, and walked back, allowing the man to deal with the new matters. This place was suddenly quite busy. The bar wasn't far away, and it was customary to celebrate anyway.

The barman was momentarily busy, but she sat down and waited till he walked over.

"Wine, if you have it?"
    She asked, she was smiling. She didn't really smile, but it was a good day. She read that these places came with friends, some of whom could be quite close over time. "And I'm told to talk to Sharid, if you know where I can find him. I got in!"
    Last edited by Airea; 2015-07-06 at 12:39 AM.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

He briskly moved to receive the newcomers after finishing with Kittie, waving the two newcomers over with his one arm.
    Gansuke walks over to Garcia to stand in front of him. His gait is confident but at the same time his muscles that are visible are tense, nigh constantly almost. Like he is prepared to move at the slightest hint of danger.

"That's right. I've heard good things about Giant's Foot. Plus it sounds like you've got an interesting crew here. I'm liking it already."

10. - Top - End - #160
    Titan in the Playground

The Twilight Bastion

With their conquest of the of the small coastal village finished and yet another Book of Zeref in their control The Twilight Bastion moved further inland, nearly twenty miles from Oak Town before descending into a large forest with little regard for anything beneath. News of the Dark Guild moving into their interior of Fiore without a doubt would begin to ripple through various channels and the odd actions of actually landing the massive floating fortress would be enough to make many worried to what actions the Dark Guild would have for moving with such obvious direction and will.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aric Kale View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Oakroom & Board Inn

Jiyuna's eyebrows raise.

This was an interesting development, to be sure...nobody said that he'd have backup on this mission.
    Hopefully Selena didn't sink his chances to join the guild.
    Spoiler
    Show

Selena approaches the Guildmaster, smiling to herself as she notes Jiyuna's presence nearby.
    "That's correct. I've spent most of my life working alone, travelling around the world to solve people's troubles, landing wherever the wind takes me. When I landed here, I thought it was a sign that maybe I should settle down and join a guild."

Spoiler
    Show
    Somewhat shocked by the quickness of the acceptance Kittie nodded, and walked back, allowing the man to deal with the new matters. This place was suddenly quite busy. The bar wasn't far away, and it was customary to celebrate anyway.

The barman was momentarily busy, but she sat down and waited till he walked over.

"Wine, if you have it?"
    She asked, she was smiling. She didn't really smile, but it was a good day. She read that these places came with friends, some of whom could be quite close over time. "And I'm told to talk to Sharid, if you know where I can find him. I got in!"
    The barman smiles at her, pulling out two glasses and two bottles of wine.
    "White or red?"
    He asks, as he pulls out a corkscrew.
    "If you're looking for Sharid, that would be me. I'm a guild member and the caretaker that makes sure everyone here stays healthy and happy. Welcome to my family!"
    Sharid looks delighted as he chats with her. He likes making new friends.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

The barman smiles at her, pulling out two glasses and two bottles of wine.
    "White or red?"
    He asks, as he pulls out a corkscrew.
    "If you're looking for Sharid, that would be me. I'm a guild member and the caretaker that makes sure everyone here stays healthy and happy. Welcome to my family!"
    Sharid looks delighted as he chats with her. He likes making new friends.
    "Red." She wasn't used to being really happy, her family was much more staid. Not that they were mean, she had been lucky , but as a business there was always work to do. There wasn't much time to relax. But happy felt good, she liked it. "Kittie Beauroix, but just Kittie is fine. I've read so many stories about Guilds before, I can't believe I'm in a real one. I'm told I need a mark or something, I'm still figuring things out. Does it hurt?"
    Last edited by Airea; 2015-07-06 at 10:24 AM.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Halfling in the Playground

Oakroom & Board Inn

Jiyuna smirks.
    At least she hasn't tried to kill the Guildmaster yet...
    Gotta give her credit.

The smile is quickly replaced with a snarl.
    If it weren't for those bumbling Blue Sabre boyos, I'd be in already...
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show

14. - Top - End - #164
    Pixie in the Playground

"Red." She wasn't used to being really happy, her family was much more staid. Not that they were mean, she had been lucky , but as a business there was always work to do. There wasn't much time to relax. But happy felt good, she liked it. "Kittie Beauroix, but just Kittie is fine. I've read so many stories about Guilds before, I can't believe I'm in a real one. I'm told I need a mark or something, I'm still figuring things out. Does it hurt?"
    Sharid shrugs.
    "I can't speak for other guilds, but I have a spell that does just the trick."
    He tells her, pouring her a glass of red and himself a glass of white. Showing her the label on both, Cabernet sauvignon and Riesling respectively. He's got very good tastes if he may so himself.
    "Where would you like your mark, and what color?"

15. - Top - End - #165
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Sharid shrugs.
    "I can't speak for other guilds, but I have a spell that does just the trick."
    He tells her, pouring her a glass of red and himself a glass of white. Showing her the label on both, Cabernet sauvignon and Riesling respectively. He's got very good tastes if he may so himself.
    "Where would you like your mark, and what color?"

"Lower back, so I can cover it up if I meet with more official people."
    She had already thought about the location but has just assumed the color would be set. "Would yellow be possible? Like a yellow-gold?"

The wine was good, though better paired. "This would go amazingly well with dried fruit or roasted currents on a sweet bread, the notes are excellent. Also I have room out of the house, should I keep them or do I have to transfer here?"

16. - Top - End - #166
    Pixie in the Playground

"Lower back, so I can cover it up if I meet with more official people."
    She had already thought about the location but has just assumed the color would be set. "Would yellow be possible? Like a yellow-gold?"

The wine was good, though better paired. "This would go amazingly well with dried fruit or roasted currents on a sweet bread, the notes are excellent. Also I have room out of the house, should I keep them or do I have to transfer here?"
    Sharid pulls a small square of white fabric from inside of his outfit. He tosses it up into the air, spinning, and as it descends and lands on the counter, it's the shade she's looking for.
    "You didn't tell me you wanted food too!"
    He jokes with a chuckle.
    "As for rooms, that's totally up to you. We have someone open rooms here if you need them, but you aren't required to live here. I do, this guild is where I was born, and it's easier to better take care of this place if I'm here."

17. - Top - End - #167
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Sharid pulls a small square of white fabric from inside of his outfit. He tosses it up into the air, spinning, and as it descends and lands on the counter, it's the shade she's looking for.
    "You didn't tell me you wanted food too!"
    He jokes with a chuckle.
    "As for rooms, that's totally up to you. We have someone open rooms here if you need them, but you aren't required to live here. I do, this guild is where I was born, and it's easier to better take care of this place if I'm here."
    "No need, I ate this morning." She grinned at the color. "It's perfect! I love it! I'll just keep my place then, I have alot of books so I'm better off not giving people stuff to trip over."

18. - Top - End - #168
    Pixie in the Playground

Sharid nods at her.
    "This parts a little embarrassing, though you picked a spot that's not too bad."
    If she looks she'll see his, sky blue, right above his left hip on the side of his bare midriff.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Sharid nods at her.
    "This parts a little embarrassing, though you picked a spot that's not too bad."
    If she looks she'll see his, sky blue, right above his left hip on the side of his bare midriff.
    "Get it over with. No point dragging it out. Then I should probably introduce myself to a few of the people here and do the rounds." She wasn't very nervous, but a little. "And I should find Diego, he was excited about me joining this place."
    Last edited by Airea; 2015-07-06 at 08:24 PM.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Pixie in the Playground

"Get it over with. No point dragging it out. Then I should probably introduce myself to a few of the people here and do the rounds." She wasn't very nervous, but a little. "And I should find Diego, he was excited about me joining this place."
    Sharid places the square of cloth against her skin, and it fades away, as if into her skin, leaving behind only the guild mark.
    "Not the prettiest guild symbol around, but we're all proud of it."
    He says with a grin.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

"I love it." She grinned at the new mark. "I can do more then study now, and there are people to make friends with. I was told not to give these away for some reason, but take them as a thank you?"

Kittie offers a bag of sugar covered almond cookies.

"And i should probably ask what life is like here, you know, things a new member should know."

22. - Top - End - #172
    Pixie in the Playground

"Oo! Cookies!"
    Sharid exclaims, filled with childish joy as he accepts the cookies.
    "Everything's fairly straight forward. You've already seen the job process. The only thing to add, is that S-class missions are only for S-class mages. We're a rowdy bunch, but we're a family. Anything else is more of a learn as you go process. Some people like to work alone, taking other people with them when necessary. Other people form teams for missions. I've been asked to join a team a couple times, but I'm worried I'll just hold the others back."

23. - Top - End - #173
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

"Oo! Cookies!"
    Sharid exclaims, filled with childish joy as he accepts the cookies.
    "Everything's fairly straight forward. You've already seen the job process. The only thing to add, is that S-class missions are only for S-class mages. We're a rowdy bunch, but we're a family. Anything else is more of a learn as you go process. Some people like to work alone, taking other people with them when necessary. Other people form teams for missions. I've been asked to join a team a couple times, but I'm worried I'll just hold the others back."
    "It's not terribly exciting but I'm working on something." Kittie pulls out her book, the journal. "There's these labs, they were active long ago, then just left behind. There's not much to them really. Old materials that are almost dust, broken wood. But there's books. Most are harmless, old information and early versions of spells we know now. Some have things that were forgotten for a reason. Terrible stuff."

Kittie finished her wine, and pointed to a map.

"I'm partly here because my father wants me to grab the books and send them to the family vault, saver out of certain hands and all that. It's not super eventful, mostly trying not to get lost, but I do like company."

24. - Top - End - #174
    Pixie in the Playground

Sharid gives her warm, thankful smile.
    "I'd love to help you out.

I have skills to contribute I'd like to believe, and you did say you wanted to make friends. Missions are a great way to bond and see who you might want to team up with."

He puts the wine back under the counter.
    "If you want we can speak to the Master and see about making it an official mission, though obviously since it was your idea we aren't getting paid for it."

25. - Top - End - #175
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Sharid gives her warm, thankful smile.
    "I'd love to help you out.

I have skills to contribute I'd like to believe, and you did say you wanted to make friends. Missions are a great way to bond and see who you might want to team up with."

He puts the wine back under the counter.
    "If you want we can speak to the Master and see about making it an official mission, though obviously since it was your idea we aren't getting paid for it."
    "Feels a little silly to bring so many people, but why not? It would be a fun field trip if nothing else." Kittie smiled. "I'll ask."

She get up and begins to make her way to the leader again.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Selena approaches the Guildmaster, smiling to herself as she notes Jiyuna's presence nearby.
    "That's correct. I've spent most of my life working alone, travelling around the world to solve people's troubles, landing wherever the wind takes me. When I landed here, I thought it was a sign that maybe I should settle down and join a guild."
    Gansuke walks over to Garcia to stand in front of him. His gait is confident but at the same time his muscles that are visible are tense, nigh constantly almost. Like he is prepared to move at the slightest hint of danger.

"That's right. I've heard good things about Giant's Foot. Plus it sounds like you've got an interesting crew here. I'm liking it already."

The Master thinks for a moment.
    "Well, it looks like you both came to the right place. However, we can't just take someone in without knowing if they're cut out for the guild or not. Since you two don't have any current guild members vouching for you, I can offer you two options. First, you go and try to get a member here to vouch for you. The second, and more direct option, is to allow myself or an S-class wizard here to test you. Although, most of our S-class wizards are out of town at the moment, so I'd be the one testing you."
    Just "John" is fine.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Kittie stands near the Guild leader and waits for him to finish his business.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Spoiler
    Show

The Master thinks for a moment.
    "Well, it looks like you both came to the right place. However, we can't just take someone in without knowing if they're cut out for the guild or not. Since you two don't have any current guild members vouching for you, I can offer you two options. First, you go and try to get a member here to vouch for you. The second, and more direct option, is to allow myself or an S-class wizard here to test you. Although, most of our S-class wizards are out of town at the moment, so I'd be the one testing you."
    Gansuke hearing about their ways of joining the guild grinned at the second prospect. After all this was a much better way of figuring out what Giant's Foot was capable of and for them to see what he was capable of. It was a perfect opportunity. One that he would take without hesitation.

"Well then if it's a little duel that will give you an idea of my ability, then I say what are we waiting for! I'll show you that Meramaru Gansuke is a teammate you can rely on. No questions asked."

29. - Top - End - #179
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Kittie wasn't much into a duel, at least not at first, but she did have a new place to explore. She was allowed to with the new mark.

It was a fun thing, that mark. And it hadn't hurt. It was golden and yellow and it kinda shimmered. It still hadn't sunk in that she was in a guild, she had allowed for at least a month for the entrance process. Instead she still had time left in the day.

The building was smaller then she was used to, but more alive. People were everywhere. She was exploring a small, more quiet area when she saw someone she had been meaning to talk to since she arrived. She formed a few mugs of "earl grey, hot" and walked over. Diego was in the middle of something.

"I got in." She said simply, taking out her notebook to record events. "They were nice. You said they would be."
    Last edited by Airea; 2015-07-10 at 08:11 PM.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Orc in the Playground

Gansuke hearing about their ways of joining the guild grinned at the second prospect. After all this was a much better way of figuring out what Giant's Foot was capable of and for them to see what he was capable of. It was a perfect opportunity. One that he would take without hesitation.

"Well then if it's a little duel that will give you an idea of my ability, then I say what are we waiting for! I'll show you that Meramaru Gansuke is a teammate you can rely on. No questions asked."
    Master Garcia smiles at Gansuke's response. Ah, the spirit of youth!
    "I like your attitude. Follow me."
    The Master also directs the instruction towards Selena as well.
    "You too, unless you want to try convincing someone else in here."
    The Master leads the two applicants outside onto the street where they'd have the space for what the Master had in mind. Master Garcia positions himself in the middle of the street and various townspeople and minor members of Giant's Foot gather around to spectate, the crowd forming a large, rough circle for the wizards to spar in. The Master beckons both of the two newest applicants.
    "I'll test both of you at once. Don't worry, the terms of the test are simple. Just try to hit me. And remember, you may pass the test by either skill or temperament."
    The Guildmaster makes no attempt to enter any kind of battle stance, opting to simply stand normally with his arms by his sides.
    "You may begin when ready."
    Just "John" is fine.