New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: FTitp: Fiore X785

Quote Originally Posted by JohnTheSavage View Post
    Master Garcia smiles at Gansuke's response. Ah, the spirit of youth!
    "I like your attitude. Follow me."
    The Master also directs the instruction towards Selena as well.
    "You too, unless you want to try convincing someone else in here."
    The Master leads the two applicants outside onto the street where they'd have the space for what the Master had in mind. Master Garcia positions himself in the middle of the street and various townspeople and minor members of Giant's Foot gather around to spectate, the crowd forming a large, rough circle for the wizards to spar in. The Master beckons both of the two newest applicants.
    "I'll test both of you at once. Don't worry, the terms of the test are simple. Just try to hit me. And remember, you may pass the test by either skill or temperament."
    The Guildmaster makes no attempt to enter any kind of battle stance, opting to simply stand normally with his arms by his sides.
    "You may begin when ready."
    Gansuke follows Garcia out to the streets where their battle would take place. Seeing Garcia not take any sort of stance along with the fact he was willing to take them two on one sent a message to Gansuke about how strong he was. However it also made his blood itch and burn in anticipation. A smile worked it's way onto his face as he unzipped his sweater-jacket in preparation for this battle, his other arm windmilling in excitement.

"Ora! It's about to get wild! Just try to stop me!"

With the shout of his battle cry Gansuke reaches into his sweater-jacket and retrieves his main weapon, the Gaburevolver. Running to the side to rapidly strafe around Garcia Gansuke makes the first move of the engagement by firing off rapid shots from the hand cannon's double barrels.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Airea View Post
    Kittie wasn't much into a duel, at least not at first, but she did have a new place to explore. She was allowed to with the new mark.

It was a fun thing, that mark. And it hadn't hurt. It was golden and yellow and it kinda shimmered. It still hadn't sunk in that she was in a guild, she had allowed for at least a month for the entrance process. Instead she still had time left in the day.

The building was smaller then she was used to, but more alive. People were everywhere. She was exploring a small, more quiet area when she saw someone she had been meaning to talk to since she arrived. She formed a few mugs of "earl grey, hot" and walked over. Diego was in the middle of something.

"I got in." She said simply, taking out her notebook to record events. "They were nice. You said they would be."
    Diego just finishes his card tower, and Kittie knows better than to be in a position to disturb it. He sits in a neighboring table and accepts the mug. "You absolutely positive joining is what you want? It can get kinda rough."

3. - Top - End - #183
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofBob View Post
    Diego just finishes his card tower, and Kittie knows better than to be in a position to disturb it. He sits in a neighboring table and accepts the mug. "You absolutely positive joining is what you want? It can get kinda rough."
    "That's why I joined, actually. I feel horrible saying this, but you I can tell." She sat down and pulled out the notebook. "I got a missive from my father, about the book collections. We were able to grab most of the information before it was found, but a few of the smaller books went missing. We don't actually know what was in them. Our Agents didn't get to them in time."

She took a sip of the tea and opened the pages.

"I was sent this book, the combined information from the one's we have. I'm not going to sugar coat this, there's some serious stuff we haven't found yet. I've been traveling to pick them up elsewhere, but the motherload is here. I hadn't been spotted before, the books were still unknown. A traveling heiress isn't uncommon. There's a dark guild that's on to me now though, or at least on to the books. We just don't know how much they know. Or who. I got some back up. But I still need to keep working to find the rest of the volumes."
    Save a show. Slay a Shipper.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

[Giant's Foot Guild Hall]

Diego raises a brow at Kittie's tale. "And what exactly do these books contain that so many people are after 'em?"

5. - Top - End - #185
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Diego raises a brow at Kittie's tale. "And what exactly do these books contain that so many people are after 'em?"
    "Most of it is trash. Early forms of current stuff, some for recipes for dishes that-" She made a face. Lemon was never meant to be used that way. "Some to make old style music, academically interesting. And so far as we know they're only newly onto it. They might not know much at all, and I already cleaned out the one lab we're sure they know about. What my father is worried about this is-"

She turned to one of the later pages, a diagram with several elements interacting in a spell that both of them knew on sight.

"You know what this is."
    Last edited by Airea; 2015-07-16 at 02:42 PM.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ettin in the Playground

[Oaktown]

Not far from the premises of Giant's Foot Guild, some commoner has set up a booth for selling meat-on-spit. The alluring scent of the delicacies has attracted some animals nearby, some local and some... decidedly not. A small, pink form peeks from the roof a nearby building, eyeing the booth hungrily. After checking no human is looking its way, it climbs down the wall, then softly drops on the roof of the booth. It falls still for a moment, listening to check if it accidentally roused some unwanted attention. But no, the clerk is busy with his customers.

The creature inches closer to the edge of booth, untill it can catch a glimpse of the clerk and its prize. There it is, a wooden stick with delicious, barbequed pieces of meat on it. The creature reaches down with its paw, but it's too short. Disappointed, it teeters on the edge, thinking, then turns around, lowering its tail over the edge. Maybe it can wrap its tail around the spit...

"Hey! What the...!"

The sudden noise makes the creature bristle its hair and accidentally knock the spit down to the ground. Realizing it's been spotted, but unwilling to abandon its prize, it turns around, jumps down, grabs the spit in its mouth, and then runs like Hell's on its heels. The clerk is left staring, dumbfounded, as what appears to be a pink cat disappears behind a corner like greased lightning.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Diego's eyes narrow at the illustration. "I just had en encounter with someone I think might be working for a dark guild. Can't say for sure though. If there is a dark guild showing up in town and you have these books, well, I'm not one to believe in coincidences. If you got any other leads, or just need someone to watch your back, let me know." Diego hands Kittie what at first appears to be a business card, but on closer inspection turns out to be a regular playing card. "It's dangerous to go alone. Take this. Use it to get ahold of me if you need to."

8. - Top - End - #188
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Diego's eyes narrow at the illustration. "I just had en encounter with someone I think might be working for a dark guild. Can't say for sure though. If there is a dark guild showing up in town and you have these books, well, I'm not one to believe in coincidences. If you got any other leads, or just need someone to watch your back, let me know." Diego hands Kittie what at first appears to be a business card, but on closer inspection turns out to be a regular playing card. "It's dangerous to go alone. Take this. Use it to get ahold of me if you need to."
    "Noted. I'll watch my back more. But if your old colleges are here I should move fast. I'll call if I need to." She stood up, and packed her bag.

Walking to the bar she left an address for the bartender, in case he wanted in, and started the trek to her room. She needed to put a plan together.
    Last edited by Airea; 2015-07-19 at 02:45 PM.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ettin in the Playground

Curiously, when Kitty approaches her room, she might hear a strange rustle coming through the door. When she opens it, she might notice the window is open and a slight breeze is blowing in. If she opens it really fast, she might see a pink flash jumping off her bed and hiding behind it.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Curiously, when Kitty approaches her room, she might hear a strange rustle coming through the door. When she opens it, she might notice the window is open and a slight breeze is blowing in. If she opens it really fast, she might see a pink flash jumping off her bed and hiding behind it.
    Blinking Kittie could have sworn she saw something...pink. Maybe she had been awake too long.

The case or not she had an incredible about of work to do. Pulling out the meal she had picked up on the way she worked on mapping out the tunnels. It would take every book she had but she thought she could mark the locations by the time she went to bed. An early start in the morning would let her get a solid lead.

The sashimi, rice and sweet dumplings - with a hot pot of green tea- was a bit of a splurge. But the day had been long. The new bag of almond cookies was just as snack.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ettin in the Playground

Two blue eyes spy on Kittie's legs as she sits to enjoy her meal. A small snout quivers anxiously as the smell of food drifts to it. Warily, soft paws making no sound against the floor, a little creature inches forward, towards the edge of the bed. It tries to get as close to Kittie as it can without exposing itself, trying to get a good look on how the meal is arranged. Maybe it could steal some for itself and then flee through the window...?

12. - Top - End - #192
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

The last tunnel system, it looked to have been built to supply taverns and markets, was erratic at best. She was reading through old market reports and advertisements to try to place where these locations would be but it was slow work.

She was pulled from her effort as a strong gust a wind hit the building and rushed into the room. everything on the desk went flying as she hurried to try to close the window and block the rest of the blast. The window slammed shut but the damage was done. What had been a nice evening breeze had now set her back hours, at least. Even her dinner was on the floor.

But it was what it was, and she was tired anyway. She set about picking up and starting over, or at least setting up for the next day. It was when she was gathering her maps that she saw a pair of bright blue eyes hiding under the bed, obviously trying to hide.

"Hello there little one." She said to the creature, it looked tame. And it didn't look like it had anywhere to stay if it was hiding here. Might as well be nice. "Care for a snack?"

She held out the one unbroken plate, now holding what was left of dinner.

"It's not gormet but it works. And if you want some rest you don't have to hide under there, I can make something better."
    Last edited by Airea; 2015-07-22 at 09:56 AM.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ettin in the Playground

Sound of the window slamming shut makes the little creature's fur bristle. Oh no! Now it's trapped! It will have to wait untill the human goes to sleep.

But what's this? Oh no, she's kneeling down to pick up some papers! She might see it. The creature's eyes dart around for better cover, but there's none.

The creature freezes still when Kittie spots it. It eyes the human, watching for any signs of hostile behaviour. When it spots none, its eyes drift to the offered food stuff. Warily, it creeps out from under the bed. To Kittie, it probably looks like a really weird cat. It reaches one paw to pull the plate towards itself, ready to flee at any second.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Sound of the window slamming shut makes the little creature's fur bristle. Oh no! Now it's trapped! It will have to wait untill the human goes to sleep.

But what's this? Oh no, she's kneeling down to pick up some papers! She might see it. The creature's eyes dart around for better cover, but there's none.

The creature freezes still when Kittie spots it. It eyes the human, watching for any signs of hostile behaviour. When it spots none, its eyes drift to the offered food stuff. Warily, it creeps out from under the bed. To Kittie, it probably looks like a really weird cat. It reaches one paw to pull the plate towards itself, ready to flee at any second.
    Smiling at the creatures shy acceptance of food Kittie moved to sleeping arraignments. Children's stories were surprisingly useful, and the deep basket with thick pillows and soft blankets would be good enough for now. She was careful not to intrude too closely as she scooted the new bed into the direction of the creature. It was, well, interesting looking. But also cute. She hated the though of it being out there alone with the storm coming in. But she hated the thought of anyone being caught in it.

She finished picking up the papers, putting them in piles to start getting them working again,and saw that the bag of cookies had only fallen off the desk. She pulled one out of the bag and, moving slowly, placed it on the edge of the plate.

"I don't know if almonds are your thing." She said gently to the small beast, it was watching her as it ate. "But I've always loved them. My mom used to eat them with me before-"

Kittie looked down, and shook away the memory, it did no good to dwell. She was better off keeping the old magics away from the dark guilds so it wouldn't happen to anyone else. With that in mind she got back to work.
    Last edited by Airea; 2015-07-22 at 01:56 PM.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ettin in the Playground

The creature watches what Kittie does as she arranges the little bed with wary eyes. It doesn't really comprehend what she's trying to do, it's not slept in a basket before. Its attention is quickly diverted by the cookie, though. Curious, it picks it up and puts it in its mouth. Kittie may notice a momentary blue glow surrounding the cookie. The creature munches on the treat ponderously, its long tail snaking on the floor. Then it nods approvingly and looks at Kittie pleadingly. It's trying to get another one.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Looking up to see the eagerness Kittie laughed, and makes cups of tea.

"Mom would make them from scratch, I would sit and look at them while they cooled." She was on the floor with the cups and bag of sweets. She put two more on the plate and offered the tea as well. "These are almost as good. Stay as long as you like, it's just me here and I don't make much noise. You don't want to be out in this anyway."

The rain could be heard on the roof, it was heavy. Lighting could be seen out the window, this was going to be a real one. She patted the bed, trying to communicate it's use.

"We'll see how this bed works for now, if you stay longer I'll try something nicer. You don't talk or anything, do you? I I don't mean to be rude."

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ettin in the Playground

The creature looks out of the window. Yeah, the weather is pretty bad. It would be pretty annoying to be out, it doesn't like getting its fur wet. It eats a few more cookies, then walks to the basket when Kittie beckons. It grabs one of the blankets and twists and turns it questioningly. A bed? So she wants it to sleep in this thing?

When Kittie asks the creature whether it can speak, it looks at her, lets out a little squeak, and then shakes its head. Then it climbs in the basket and sits there contemplatively.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

"Okay, you should be set then. I need to get back to my books." Kittie stands up, obviously tired. "The sooner I get this done, the more I can make sure no one else gets hurt. Rest well, little bit."

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ettin in the Playground

The creature tilts its head and looks at Kittie work on her books. Eventually, it lays down and coils its tail around itself, but it still keeps one eye half-open. It waits for her to stop and go to sleep before doing so itself.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

The beams of light were clear and clean as Kittie opened her eyes. The storm had passed, and her new companion was looking at her being curled in the basket. Even new to the world of animals she knew the look.

She sent a message down to the kitchen for breakfast and washed up for the day, putting on her underground gear. when she came back out the tray was just inside the door and the creature was pawing at it. It seemed to be fond of fish.

She set up the trays- oatmeal and eggs for her and salmon on rye for her companion- and ate mindlessly as she packed up her bags and got ready.

"You're welcome to come with." She told the creature. "Or leave, up to you. Or stay here. I likely won't be back till late."

A thought occurred to her and she looked at the creature, she really had been tired.

"I'm Kittie, by the way." She said, finally offering an introduction. "I'm a member of a guild here, try to help out and all that guild stuff. I always wanted a companion like you, but it wasn't allowed. I hope I wasn't over eager. It feels odd not to know who you are, but I suppose not being able to talk that's how it is. If don't see you again, I'm glad you were safe last night. It was nice to have someone here other then me."

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ettin in the Playground

The creature devours the fish-on-bread with great enthusiasm. It finishes much before Kittie and then follows her actions with curiosity.

This human's name is Kittie? And she's going on a trip? Well, the creature has nothing against going outside. It walks to the door, sits down, gives a meaningfull look to Kittie and purrs. It waits for her to lead the way.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

The creature devours the fish-on-bread with great enthusiasm. It finishes much before Kittie and then follows her actions with curiosity.

This human's name is Kittie? And she's going on a trip? Well, the creature has nothing against going outside. It walks to the door, sits down, gives a meaningful look to Kittie and purrs. It waits for her to lead the way.
    "So I hate calling you 'it', so I'm calling you 'Little Bit' instead." Kittie said as the two walked down to the street to the first manhole. "Here's the deal. These books are bad, we don't want bad people to get them, and once I grab them I can make them go away for good. Easy enough?"

The creature seemed to be listening.

"Now the places are underground, so it'll be tight to get through. Also is can get smelly - warning you now. But never for long. Plus the places are really cool once we get there. I'm just going to grab the books, go to the next location, and repeat. End of the day we drop them off and I say we over order on the really yummy fish and celebrate. I can even read a book and put on a show for us for kicks. It'll be fun."

They arrived at the entrance, and Kittie put down her bag.

"It's a bit of a fall, why don't you ride in my bag till we get down."

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ettin in the Playground

The creature murmurs contemplatively as it saunters in Kittie's wake. Little Bit? That's what she'll call it? What's a bit? Oh well, it's decent enough of a name.

At the suggestion of going into a bag, Little Bit hisses and shakes its head in protest. At first opportunity, it slips in through the entrance and descents, bouncing from wall to wall. It will wait Kittie at the bottom.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

"Noted, I'm sorry." Kittie said as the creature looked as her as she got to the pathway. "I had no idea you could do that, very cool. To the right."

She turned and checked with the map every so often. The paths were complicated, but so far it was bearing out.

"Did you know cities are built on each other?" She asked, enjoying having someone to keep conversation with. "The really old ones are seven high sometimes. Amazing, history in layers-"

"You're boring even me lass, and I do this for a living." Kittie sighed, she had gotten over exited. She didn't have to look. Gulliver.

"Little Bit, my favorite childhood character, Gulliver. He'll show up a lot. Gulliver, this is Little Bit. We're hanging out and you weren't invited."She said to the man, but even as she spoke she knew what was coming.

"Then I wouldn't be here lass. There's some adventure to be had and I'm for anything. More of the books then?" He was in old clothing with hat and sea jacket. He was one of five characters she could call, but not control. The reason she had sought out the guild for training and support in the first place. "Secrets and adventure, fortunes unknown - to carry on to destiny the gods alone could say!"

Kittie only smiled to herself, she would love to talk like that. Run into dramatic sunsets and live the sheer adventure of it all. It wasn't possible. The next room was nearby, though she had no idea what was in it.

There could be a party today, she thought to herself. Depending on how many of her 'friends' showed up.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ettin in the Playground

Little Bit is startled by sudden appearance of another human, and flees around the nearest corner. When Gulliver speaks, it eyes him warily, hissing slightly. After Kittie introduces him, Little Bit comes out from hiding, but still keeps its distance to him. There is something... off about this sudden newcomee. Is he a real human? Little Bit didn't hear him walking behind them earlier. It would be odd for it to miss such a thing. It looks at Kittie questioningly.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Little Bit is startled by sudden appearance of another human, and flees around the nearest corner. When Gulliver speaks, it eyes him warily, hissing slightly. After Kittie introduces him, Little Bit comes out from hiding, but still keeps its distance to him. There is something... off about this sudden newcomee. Is he a real human? Little Bit didn't hear him walking behind them earlier. It would be odd for it to miss such a thing. It looks at Kittie questioningly.
    "I owe you an explanation." Kittie said, blushing a little. "Remember how I summoned your bed earlier?"

She pointed to the man, now leaning on the wall and filling his pipe.

"There's an old adventure book, read it over and over. Adventure, travel - but it got too deep. I make the written word come to life. Poems, books, short stories - and I got him. I had imagined him so often he was just there. Not the only one."

"Aye, she was a lonesome lass. No real friends to claim as her own, save one." The man nodded. "And now not that. That the room ye be seeking?"

It was right on the left and Kittie didn't say anything as she focused on her job, this was a small collection. But she needed the distraction.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ettin in the Playground

Lonesome? What does that mean, Little Bit ponders. Isn't it same as being alone? What would be wrong with that? Kittie doesn't know, but the creature is less than a year old. It came to being on its own and has no real concept of friends or family. "Friend" is just a person who a) isn't trying to eat it and b) is giving it something to eat.

Oh well. Little Bit shrugs off its confusion and climbs on Kittie's shoulder, coiling its long tail around its body. It looks intently at the books she's working with.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ogre in the Playground

Giant's Foot Guild Hall

A man in dark cloaks walks up to the guild hall. Some may recognize him as Immer if they met him before.

He knocks very loudly on the door to the guild.
    Anybody in there? You seem awfully quiet.
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Lonesome? What does that mean, Little Bit ponders. Isn't it same as being alone? What would be wrong with that? Kittie doesn't know, but the creature is less than a year old. It came to being on its own and has no real concept of friends or family. "Friend" is just a person who a) isn't trying to eat it and b) is giving it something to eat.

Oh well. Little Bit shrugs off its confusion and climbs on Kittie's shoulder, coiling its long tail around its body. It looks intently at the books she's working with.
    She felt the creature jump on her shoulder, looking. There wasn't much here. It was mostly early stuff again, this wasn't the major stash.

"Nothing that exciting, Little Bit." She showed the page. "Just less stable versions then the ones we have now. Might toast a caster's nose but that's about it. But we can still spare then that, yes?"

The room was a mess, with rotted furniture and overturned artifacts. Kittie made a point to check the other items, making sure not to miss anything that might be magical or dangerous. There were a few things - mostly trinkets. They had basic magic, but they were old enough that she didn't know if they were safe. Then she saw something actually useful. To a human it was a bracelet, and it wasn't magical, but it was pretty.

"About it for this one, but I think I you might like this. Too small for a necklace for me. Does your kind do little decorations?"

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ettin in the Playground

Decorations? Little bit shakes its head. What are those for, anyway? For looking pretty? Well, the bracelet is pretty, being all shiny and stuff, but Little Bit can't grasp why wearing one would in any way be helpfull. It reaches down with its tail, trying to wrap it around the bracelet.