New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Werewolf Classic XIX: Return to Transylvania

Quote Originally Posted by TFT View Post
    It's okay, playing werewolf to be put in signatures is a 100% valid strategy.

Not that I've ever done that, no...
    This... was quite a while ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Even longer ago than I thought. Took a bit to find again on QT.
    Last edited by Duck999; 2015-06-12 at 04:24 PM.
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

So it seems Luizeu no longer wishes to string up the adorable pikachu and while TFT has a point, I don't think it is too different to how I have seen Luizeu play before either so I'm only a little suspicious.

The two leading candidates seem to be Saposhiente and Eldritch Knight. Neither seem more or less suspicious to me than the other, so I will vote to even them up a little.

Rain Dragon points at Saposhiente
    I go by they/them/their or he/him/his pronouns

3. - Top - End - #123
    Pixie in the Playground

...alright, in light of the discussion over on Central and the Pub, I guess I'll give my reasoning for my Sapo vote today.

My first reaction to Sapo's point at Murska was "Welp, Sapo's the Devil. She's probably trying to deflect the lynch from B-Man."

Then Sapo posts a list of suspects, but only people who have votes on them already. Since when does Sapo care about following someone else's bandwagon? Unless she's trying to create a fast wagon to deflect from B-Man.

Then she posts her tally with Murska and Eldritch Knight both in the lead, both of whom Sapo voted for, and I just don't trust that. It feels like the wolves are deflecting from B-Man.

So I say we lynch Saposhiente or B-Man, and Sapo's more likely to be the Devil.

Also for meta-game reasons (I really hate the 'Player x is a good lynch target because even when they're town they're bad for town' argument, and it seems like I'm seeing it in every game now).
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Tydude View Post
    I actually have two theories on why you're doing this, but neither make much sense and you would have to be insane to try them. It seems you are insane, which is great for my theories.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZarethG View Post
    I see your point, Internet Flea. However, I don't retract my assessment of your sanity.
    What kind of paranoid mind sees that as something else. ~ The Narrator, during Stranded in Space.

(Sugar Shock avatar by Dirtytabs.)

4. - Top - End - #124
    Barbarian in the Playground

I'm fine with lynching B-man but a lot of people seemed opposed to him because of it being his first game in a while.

Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    The overly long monstrosity that is my extended signature lies here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Grue Bait View Post
    Good game, guys. Sapo, you are just too good for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Bugbear in the Playground

I'm opposed to lynching B-Man since lynching players that havn't played in a long time or new players day 1 without a real good reason is something I just refuse to do.

I am however willing to switch to EK if it'd end the day faster since I will admit that the reason I'm voting for Sapo today is because of last game.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Saposhiente View Post
    I'm fine with lynching B-man but a lot of people seemed opposed to him because of it being his first game in a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleeing Coward View Post
    I'm opposed to lynching B-Man since lynching players that havn't played in a long time or new players day 1 without a real good reason is something I just refuse to do.

I am however willing to switch to EK if it'd end the day faster since I will admit that the reason I'm voting for Sapo today is because of last game.
    Has he really not played in a while? I thought he was in one of the last six or so.

...or maybe I just haven't played in a while.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I actually have two theories on why you're doing this, but neither make much sense and you would have to be insane to try them. It seems you are insane, which is great for my theories.
    I see your point, Internet Flea. However, I don't retract my assessment of your sanity.
    What kind of paranoid mind sees that as something else. ~ The Narrator, during Stranded in Space.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Internet Flea View Post
    Has he really not played in a while? I thought he was in one of the last six or so.

...or maybe I just haven't played in a while.
    B-Man hosted a game about 9 months ago, and as far as I know, hasn't played in the intervening time.
    Last edited by Logic; 2015-06-13 at 01:15 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    You altruistic weirdo you!
    Discord: Spacecamp-Logic-Yako
    Former Avatar by Ceika, which I have long since lost a copy of.

8. - Top - End - #128

Also for meta-game reasons (I really hate the 'Player x is a good lynch target because even when they're town they're bad for town' argument, and it seems like I'm seeing it in every game now).
    If I was going to vote for either Sapo or EK, I'd vote EK because his responses haven't been great.

But IF has illustrated exactly why I refuse to partake in this debacle. This is basically a rule that says 'x person can't have fun because they are not so good'. I'll be honest, I used to do that. Firedaemon was probably the most notably consistent target of me doing this. But after facing a bunch of N1/D1 kills on another board I realised it just sucks to consistently be targeted for any reason.

So yes. I refuse to join a lynch that is basically 'this person isn't 100% optimal for town.' Because I'm not here to 100% optimise this game. Especially if it means systematically taking fun away from people who play a. unconventionally or b. aren't that great.

A bit of a rant, but I feel kind've strongly on this subject.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

9. - Top - End - #129

Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    B-Man hosted a game about 9 months ago, and as far as I know, hasn't played in the intervening time.
    If I'm recalling correctly, the last time I played Werewolf/Werewolf Classic was just before 2009. I had tried to play Andre's game before hosting Classic XVIII but that ended abruptly.

As I stated before, I never really meant to make the emotional appeal. It kinda just read that way.
    Real life happened; it's an interesting story that's in no way related to this game at all.

I don't really have much to say on the current situation RE: the two current wagons and I really don't like the reasons being thrown around as they're based off of previous games (this is starting to look like how Werewolf Classic II take II started off and was the reason I left the game). Each game should have its own reasons for lynching rather than bringing baggage from previous games.
    Pokémon Stuff: FC 3093-8484-9162 | Friend Safari Sunkern, Swadloon, Quilladin | List of Pokémon
    B-Kachu: Oo! Inconspicuous cookie with a string attached to it! *nom*
    Last.fm | Steam ID | YouTube

Quotes inside:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Ego Slayer View Post
    • B-Man is frickin' kick-ass in person.
    • The Metric System is more Awesome than Americans, and you all know it!
    Quote Originally Posted by afroakuma View Post
    I'd respond, but I suddenly suspect that you are far too young to post here.

10. - Top - End - #130

Quote Originally Posted by bladescape View Post
    This is basically a rule that says 'x person can't have fun because they are not so good'.
    Ah, this is a misunderstanding. I'm not voting for EK because I think' he's bad--quite the opposite! I'm voting for EK because I think he's good at this game, because I think that he can do better, because I think not that he can't help town, but that he refuses to help town.

More on this later--I have to go.
    Last edited by Saposhiente; 2015-06-13 at 12:36 PM.

Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    Spoiler
    Show
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.

11. - Top - End - #131

Quote Originally Posted by bladescape View Post
    a. unconventionally or b. aren't that great.
    Sapo, EK comes under A.

I'm going to be honest, I agree that his lack of contribution can be annoying early. Later on he can be more useful, but early he is rather frustrating.

However, again, I refuse to adhere to systematic oppression of a player.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

12. - Top - End - #132
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ah, this is a misunderstanding. I'm not voting for EK because I think' he's bad--quite the opposite! I'm voting for EK because I think he's good at this game, because I think that he can do better, because I think not that he can't help town, but that he refuses to help town.

More on this later--I have to go.
    REFUSES to help?

Ha. I am not the one trying to lynch someone for a differing strategy. This is the first day, There is no pattern to analyze. This comes across as more of a grudge than as a strategy. The last game where you tried this strategy the wolves WON, as I recall. I'd rather see the village win this time, and allowing a significant amount of collateral damage is not going to do that.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Titan in the Playground

Collateral Damage!?

I am the Collateral Damage!

That sounded less stupid in my head.
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2015-06-13 at 07:41 PM.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

14. - Top - End - #134

Quote Originally Posted by Eldritch Knight View Post
    I'd rather see the village win this time, and allowing a significant amount of collateral damage is not going to do that.
    Okay, so you're back to arguing that your strategy is better for the purpose of winning the game.

It isn't.

I believe that I have presented plenty of evidence to this point (with more available upon request), and so far you have only presented emotional arguments and false analogies. Please, logically argue the merits of not lynching anyone. I would love to hear it.
    Last edited by Saposhiente; 2015-06-13 at 08:07 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #135
    Pixie in the Playground

Okay, folks, 27 players means we need 14 votes to get a lynch today.

As far as I can tell, the Day won't actually end until we get 14 votes on somebody (or maybe 14 on No Lynch?), so we still have time to move these bandwagons somewhere else if we want. But if anybody is just waiting for the Day to end... well, you'll have to help make that happen.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #136

Thank you, Internet Flea. You are correct. I will check back tomorrow...If there has been no movement, I will lynch they with the greatest votes to get things moving.

As much as I want to do this the old-fashioned way, I may have to implement Helgraf's rule...hopefully, we can get some movement.
    My Awsome Sig!
    Spoiler
    Show

The Original Narrator for the SMBG "Werewolf" game
    WEREWOLF CENTRAL
    LET CHAOS RULE: Turquoise bicycle shoe fins actualize radishes greenly!
    It's not about making money, it's about taking money; destroying the status quo. Because the status...is not quo.

Games I run: Fallout: Great Plains (Redux)

17. - Top - End - #137
    Dwarf in the Playground

Okay, so you're back to arguing that your strategy is better for the purpose of winning the game.

It isn't.

I believe that I have presented plenty of evidence to this point (with more available upon request), and so far you have only presented emotional arguments and false analogies. Please, logically argue the merits of not lynching anyone. I would love to hear it.
    I'm not arguing for not lynching anyone - I'm arguing for lynching *YOU*. Put it this way, you would have us burn down the village, metaphorically speaking, in the pursuit of saving it. While that would be effective in dealing with a plague, it is not effective in dealing with an infiltration. If we followed your way, there would be no town by the end of the game. In fact, it has been demonstrably proven in the last game that your strategy lead to the wolves winning. What guarantees do you have that it would actually work this time? You called me selfish earlier, when in fact, I have been far more of a team player than you have. Did you or did you not deliberately try to get me killed in the last game by literally throwing me to the wolves? I can provide an exact quote in this regard.

I really don't think that Castaras is the right lynch right now. I've been trying to get Eldritch Knight nightkilled for a very long time now, and their continued survival disturbs me greatly.
    This is supposed to be a team game - there is no individual winner. Sure, even if there is a 2:1 ratio by the end of the last day, the village wins - but as soon as the ratios get even close to that low, the wolves gain a greater advantage. I'm pretty sure you know this - but why would we even risk letting it GET to that point if we can identify the wolves earlier? Numerically speaking, villagers outnumber the wolves for most of the game - the only way the wolves can win is in stirring up mistargeted lynches, and in regularly killing off the players who are the biggest threats. That's why I'm not active until the later game, because the more data I accumulate, the better chance I have in identifying the likely wolves in our midst. The simple fact is this: The strategy I advocate, namely information gathering for precise lynches has been the same strategy used in this game since it was introduced to these boards. More often than not, it is effective.

On the other hand, I could just stand aside and watch you lead the village once again down a path of destruction. If the wolves were smart, they'd let you do just that. But I don't want to do that. See, I'm not voting to lynch you because I think your strategy is inferior to my own. Far from it, I'm voting to lynch you because I believe you are a wolf!

Also, I would encourage you to reconsider your phrasing as it is coming across as condescending and quite frankly, insulting.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Halfling in the Playground

Well, spend a weekend focusing on your exam and you miss all the fun!
    I apologise for barely contributing as I attempted last game, real life does this. Since we are apparently on 51% required for lynch mode, I'm placing vote on the one closest to getting there, so Citizen Nij points at Eldritch Knight.*

* due to technical difficulty, I cannot currently use colours in text, so I can't write votes in red. Will try to fix shortly.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Titan in the Playground

AvatarVecna points at Saposhiente. I would see this game advance past day one, and I don't particularly like the Eldritch Knight wagon.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

20. - Top - End - #140

So, as far as I know I can tell for the votes, if TFT points at Eldritch Knight that makes for an even 7 - 7 split. I figure that this at least might give us some information if sapo or EK end up being a wolf, and I'm not really convinced either of them are a wolf or that lynching one over the other would be more beneficial. (Also, I'm not touching that argument with 100 ft pole past previous sentence)
    Thanks goes to Vampire Pumpkin for my awesome avatar!

Formerly known as The Fiery Tower Formerly known as Catseye2121.

21. - Top - End - #141

I considered refuting EK but it doesn't look like anyone is interested in reading that. Suffice to say I don't see any logical basis for his arguments, and now that he's saying he is interested in lynching I'm not even sure what exactly he's trying to argue for in the first place. If you have any questions please ask; I'll go to bed for now.
    Last edited by Saposhiente; 2015-06-15 at 03:20 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #142
    Sprig
    Guest in the Playground

Sprig bangs his fork up and down on the table! 'Time to get a lynching chant going' he thinks to himself.

E-LEN-NA!
    E-LEN-NA!
    E-LEN-NA!
    E-LEN-NA!
    E-LEN-NA!

23. - Top - End - #143
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by B-Man View Post
    If I'm recalling correctly, the last time I played Werewolf/Werewolf Classic was just before 2009. I had tried to play Andre's game before hosting Classic XVIII but that ended abruptly.

As I stated before, I never really meant to make the emotional appeal. It kinda just read that way.
    Real life happened; it's an interesting story that's in no way related to this game at all.

I don't really have much to say on the current situation RE: the two current wagons and I really don't like the reasons being thrown around as they're based off of previous games (this is starting to look like how Werewolf Classic II take II started off and was the reason I left the game). Each game should have its own reasons for lynching rather than bringing baggage from previous games.
    And unfortunately, those circumstances were more ugly than they should've been. I was younger and more stupid then, as were most of us who were involved. Hopefully we're older and wiser now..

On that note, I found an interesting statistic looking over previous games: As far as I know, the seer has never been lynched day one. It would certainly make for an interesting game if that were to happen. (I am not claiming to be the seer, this was just an interesting fact that stuck out to me.)

- - - Updated - - -

I considered refuting EK but it doesn't look like anyone is interested in reading that. Suffice to say I don't see any logical basis for his arguments, and now that he's saying he is interested in lynching I'm not even sure what exactly he's trying to argue for in the first place. If you have any questions please ask; I'll go to bed for now.
    How's this: Provide an EXACT quote where I called for a no lynch - IN THIS GAME. I know I called for one in the last game - but that was a different game entirely.
    Last edited by Eldritch Knight; 2015-06-15 at 07:16 AM.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

How's this: Provide an EXACT quote where I called for a no lynch - IN THIS GAME. I know I called for one in the last game - but that was a different game entirely.
    OK, You've convinced me EK. Logic points at Saposhiente.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    You altruistic weirdo you!
    Discord: Spacecamp-Logic-Yako
    Former Avatar by Ceika, which I have long since lost a copy of.

25. - Top - End - #145

To quote the Doctor, "Just this once, Rose, EVERYBODY LIVES." That is the ideal game scenario for me - taking out the wolves with a significant number of villagers remaining.
    This and several other quotes about "collateral damage" and the like imply that you want to minimize deaths, and since we can't control the nightkill that implies not lynching. If you don't want to no-lynch, then all your talk about minimizing deaths has been meaningless jabber because you're not doing anything to that end.

Check out this:
    Ha. I am not the one trying to lynch someone for a differing strategy.
    He immediately contradicts himself:
    I'm not arguing for not lynching anyone - I'm arguing for lynching *YOU*. Put it this way, you would have us burn down the village, metaphorically speaking, in the pursuit of saving it.
    EK isn't trying to tell the truth or guide Town; he's saying anything, everything to try to avoid the lynch. That's wolf behavior.
    Last edited by Saposhiente; 2015-06-15 at 11:37 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #146
    Titan in the Playground

No, I think that if people were threatening to lynch me, I would be reduced to a gibbering mess, too, saying anything I needed to to get them to go lynch someone else.

Your logic is "EK doesn't want to die, that means he wants us dead." That is "saying anything [you need] to to avoid the lynch."

Xihirli points at Saposhiente.
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

27. - Top - End - #147

VOICE OF THE NARRATOR
    Spoiler
    Show
    I tried to give things another extra RL day, to see if we could get a majority, and it appears that, despite everything, it just isn't going to happen. So, I am ending the day today. Time to move on.

The day has been long. Too long, in fact. Despite the cold of the winter, the heated discussions have done more to heat up the town than any wood-burning stove or fireplace could ever do. The mob has spoken, though, and despite the heated words and pointed accusations, it appears that Saposhiente is the one that the mob will take out their fear and anger on.

Standing in front of the tree, noose about the neck, Sap looks out over the angry faces of the crowd, and speaks:

"I have been with you all long, and have tried my best to save you, even from yourselves, but you would not listen. Hear my words: If you do not all band together, the wolves will win!"

Somebody kicks the stand from underneath Sap, who drops suddenly, with a sickening crack. Something falls from Sap's pocket, however, and it looks like this:

Spoiler
    Show

It appears that Sap was not a wolf, but a Mason...you have all chosen...poorly.

Your blood runs cold as you see the sun set behind the mountains, and night comes...

NIGHT PHASE, folks! Get me your PM's. I should get a total of 4 PM's: The Alpha wolf, the Devil, and my 2 Seers.
    My Awsome Sig!
    Spoiler
    Show

The Original Narrator for the SMBG "Werewolf" game
    WEREWOLF CENTRAL
    LET CHAOS RULE: Turquoise bicycle shoe fins actualize radishes greenly!
    It's not about making money, it's about taking money; destroying the status quo. Because the status...is not quo.

Games I run: Fallout: Great Plains (Redux)

28. - Top - End - #148

Deadlined while I was typing my roleclaim. So it goes.

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #149
    Dwarf in the Playground

Deadlined while I was typing my roleclaim. So it goes.
    Could've been worse, Sapo - close lynches like that are not as bad as a near unanimous vote. I've been on the receiving end of one of those, and it really stings. Hopefully in the next game you get to last a little longer.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Titan in the Playground

So now we wait for the wolves to kill us. I feel so helpless...
    Wait!
    I can cover myself in barbecue sauce!
    Show