The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 23 of 39 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast
Results 661 to 690 of 1150
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Orc in the Playground
     
    SwashbucklerGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2015

    Default Re: Maverick Hunter: Strike Force

    "Well...that is a nice thing to know, if the ward calls again and it calms down am here for that, in the mean time I have to finish up a few things." He said saluting and heading out the door to the 16th division so they could have a field day with this

  2. - Top - End - #662
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Nightraiderx's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2011

    Default Re: Maverick Hunter: Strike Force

    Zyph'r thinks for a moment and then picks up a piece of debris that he can throw far and tosses it in an area that they aren't looking but is not looking towards him. Hoping he can slip in through the entrance as a distraction.

  3. - Top - End - #663
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Maverick Hunter: Strike Force

    Hammer, Thunderheart gets onboard, and you burrow back below the earth, the mavericks getting one more layer of webbing on top for good measure. But which way are you starting? To find Flicker? To seek out Barrow? Perhaps to find this backer...

    Zyph'r, the two rats look towards the noise, the one in armor pulling a gun and heading that way. However, there doesn't seem to be any form of entrance near you, these two seeming to be searching for something else...

    Negative, you head down to the 16th to give over your sample, only to be met at the door by none other than Commander Beams Nautiller himself.
    "Ah, thank you then, Lieutenant. We are working on the data still, and it may be a while, but...you likely have funds you wish to spend, yes? You are here, so you can see what is available."

    Pandora, you blast away the two tiny hounds, cutting down another pair as the ones that were hurrying to catch up to Thomas round the corner, one going up in flames as the other barely ducks down. The remaining two are headed your way though.

  4. - Top - End - #664
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Space Lawyer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    The Future

    Default Re: Maverick Hunter: Strike Force

    Hammer

    Hammer sends the drones zipping overhead, scouting for any sign of Flicker or other Maverick activity. There was something more going on here, and it would get figured out soon enough, but the mission was to retrieve the former songbird. Hopefully she wouldn't run away this time. It was seeming like there wasn't really much reason to kill her after all, and it would just be an attention-attracting waste of ammo.

    "So, Thunderheart, when we catch up to Flicker, try to look as non-threatening as possible." The irony was not lost on Hammer. "She seems scared of something. Well, something other than us in particular. I'd really like to find out more about that."

    One of the drones dings in. It had Flicker in an apartment building. The other reports in a moment later with the meatbag that had been with her - he was sitting in a cab, and getting out of the area quickly. That was probably the smartest idea he'd had for a while. "Got her."

    Hammer directs the drone to Flicker's field of view, using the webbing to spell out "Feel like talking now?"
    Last edited by Space Lawyer; 2016-01-22 at 09:55 PM.
    07/03/2018: Iím back. The long break was necessary.

    Discord Tag #4097

  5. - Top - End - #665
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2015

    Default Re: Maverick Hunter: Strike Force

    Quote Originally Posted by Eshkigal View Post
    Cordyceps, the results of your stress test are immediate and satisfying as you are upon them. One Beret doesn't even have time to shout out as the gargantuan spider impales a leg through his head and torso, ignoring the explosion as his LIFE Cell goes off, another going after that as you tear it's head clear off stepping forward, two others getting an arm and a leg sheared off respectively. The Berets begin to shout and scatter, one getting on the comms as you feel yourself begin to hack into the two Raid Killers.
    (That was your surprise round. 5d6+ any Reflex roll Cordyceps may have to initiative, and then continue to go to town. HP 40, DR 4, Vigor 6, Finesse 5 weakness to ice attacks that damage your armor, can spawn small, skittering drones that have 1 HP each and 3d6 vigor, 1d8+3 damage each, slaved to the Bospider, and 1d10+4 damage, as you impale things with your legs. Raider Killers will be after you take them over.)
    He could only nod as the feedback from the bospider came in. Two confirmed kills, two crippled. A good run to start off with. Still, he couldn't stop right there. The plan was to demoralize and terrorize the enemy, so that they begin to fight amongst themselves. First off, finish off the maverick with no legs so that he can't fire and to drive the point home. Next, the maverick with the comms. After that, killing or maiming two of the non damaged berets to add some more noise to the choir.

    As he conducted the bospider's assault, he could feel his mind wander to some places he did not expect. Either through linking to make them easier to coordinate or a shared hub through the bospider, he could find himself knocking on the door for both the Raid Killers' security. Such sloppy handy work either way. His researcher LIFE cell would weep for the poor mechanoids if it was capable of such things. Well, he'd have to fix that then. Raising his hands once more, he began operating on the two raider killers.

    BO SPIDER INITIATIVE ROLL
    [roll0]

    BO SPIDER ATTACK ROLLS/DAMAGE ROLLS
    [roll1] / [roll2]
    [roll3] / [roll4]
    [roll5] / [roll6]
    [roll7] / [roll8]

    CONTROL ROLLS FOR BOTH RAID KILLERS(using operate to hack)
    [roll9]
    [roll10]

  6. - Top - End - #666
    Orc in the Playground
     
    SwashbucklerGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2015

    Default Re: Maverick Hunter: Strike Force

    "That I am did, I wish to make this gun do something special...mostly looking at that he'll hound I put down...and any other data." He said handing over the container to him and waiting for more room to get by and have a nice look

  7. - Top - End - #667
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Nightraiderx's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2011

    Default Re: Maverick Hunter: Strike Force

    Zyph'r decides why not and decides to come out of hiding to speak with the two ratoids. "Do not be alarmed, my name is Sandstorm Scarab. I have come searching for Captain Shrapnel and his flagship. I wish to have an audience with him, if you happen to know him." Even though his hands were placed in a noncommital position he was ready to shield himself if the two shot first and asked questions later.

  8. - Top - End - #668
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Dragonsage's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Kiln of the First Flame
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Maverick Hunter: Strike Force

    Shen took a moment to remember that he wasn's a giant serpent at the time before continuing along as stealthily as possible.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Stealth! (5d6+1)[18]
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by MesiDoomstalker View Post
    The Lovely Couple
    The duo walk off ending up at the bar. The Bartender gives you a coy smile. Anything for the young lady, sir? Tarja can tell his intentions were less than pleasant and presumptuously forward.
    Spoiler
    Show


    League playlist - Hey, wanna check out a buncha people be idiots on league?

  9. - Top - End - #669
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Maverick Hunter: Strike Force

    Cordyceps, you feel the two raider killers thrum under your drones, their systems unlocking to you as, for some strange reason, music comes on from the truck as your bospider pierces and crushes four Berets into scrap, the remaining two trying to fire off their shotguns. One screams into his comms as he goes.
    "Bospider active! BOSPIDER ACTIVE! SEND BACKUP!"
    SPIDERS GOTTA ROCK OUT
    (3d6+2)[6], (3d6+2)[10](3d6+2)[16], (3d6+2)[18], (3d6+2)[16], (3d6+2)[11]
    (3d6+2)[18], (3d6+2)[15](3d6+2)[8], (3d6+2)[14], (3d6+2)[11], (3d6+2)[11]
    (2d8+4)[16] (if any hit, same damage, already taking into account Bospider's weakness to shotgun ice)
    (2d8+4)[12]
    Chunks of ice streak at the bospider, fracturing behind it if they miss and scattering shards of ice as they bounce back.

    Negative, Nautiller takes the vial carefully, keeping it near him at all times in a tendril.
    "There seem to be traces in that...thing you killed. The worm may have been of reploid origin, scarily enough, and seems to have had some poor sod shoved in it post mortem. Another of your division seems to have run into them, may have accidentally made them from what I understand, and I have my foremost expert on this substance, this 'Rust' as he calls it, on the line analyzing what is going on. We should have some idea of what we can do with both within the hour, if you choose to wait, and a number of other things that could be handled. Or, of course, a large library of weapon data and easy time making any requisitioned weapons."

    Zyph'r, both rats respond by pulling busters on you as soon as you show after jumping, startled that they were snuck up on.
    "Aw yeah? Wot makes ya think yer worth the cap'n's time, eh?"
    "...Why the hell are you talking like that, Rick? You normally-ack-"
    The armored one cuffs his companion with his tail, before peering behind you. Glancing back, you see that your shield has the insignia of the 7th on it, though rather small.
    "Wait...****, hunter! Blast'im!"
    There's a whine of plasma, and their busters bark as they release tiny pellets of plasma at you.
    (3d6+1)[9]
    (1d8)[2]
    (3d6+1)[10]
    (1d8)[1]
    (3d6+1)[10]
    (1d8)[8]
    (3d6+1)[13]
    (1d8)[1]
    (3d6+1)[9]
    (1d8)[4]
    (3d6+1)[18]
    (1d8)[8]

    Hammer, you set Thunderheart down to provide overwatch as you approach, him climbing the side of the building on a side that your drones let you know she couldn't see easily to not startle your prey as you notice her lock in place. Getting a good look at her, she looks nervous, a mental wreck. Like she hadn't stopped in weeks, or hadn't recharged in anything but a standing charger for far too long. Scratches and dings are now visible on her, damage from running for a long period perhaps? The only thing not scratched up on her is the guitar she had on her back, which seemed to have been heavily modified and redesigned. Her eyes go wide as she realizes she's been cornered again, just before you extend your long legs into view. She backs away towards a wall, slamming against it as surprise seems to set in for her.
    "I, ah...well, I suppose when you ask like that I don't really have a choice but accept, do I?"

    Shen, you swim past them without even so much as a glance your way, finding your way to even heavier patrolled waters, apparently mechaniloid turtles planting mines across the area, some from the bottom of the sea to let them drift up and possibly catch any possible submerged force to throw them off.

  10. - Top - End - #670
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Space Lawyer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    The Future

    Default Re: Maverick Hunter: Strike Force

    Hammer

    "Not really," Trapspider says, his massive body heaving in a semblance of a shrug. "I'll be frank with you. My name Labyrinth Trapspider. Or Labyrinth Hammer. Or just Hammer. I'm between names right now. Anyways, as you might have guessed, I'm from the Maverick Hunters, and I got assigned to you. Thing is though, I think there might be some mistake. You aren't displaying Maverick behavior - you're working with the meaties, running away when you could be shooting at me, that sort of thing. Then there is this matter of Wendigo and Barrow. From what I've learned so far, I'm guessing that this Wendigo disguised himself to throw us off his trail, framed you, and is now looking to hunt you down or hope that we'll do the job for him. Sound about right?"
    07/03/2018: Iím back. The long break was necessary.

    Discord Tag #4097

  11. - Top - End - #671
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Nightraiderx's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2011

    Default Re: Maverick Hunter: Strike Force

    "Answers that question." Zyph'r gracefully dodges most of the pellets, a few dinging into his armor as he draws his greatsword, the weapon flaring with intense heat.
    He flies forward swinging the greatsword in a wide arch attempting to end it quickly.
    Last edited by Nightraiderx; 2016-01-25 at 06:54 PM.

  12. - Top - End - #672
    Titan in the Playground
     
    WindStruck's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: Maverick Hunter: Strike Force

    The rabble mutts are quickly finished off. But due to the huge ruckus the big one created, Pandora was sure someone was onto them by now.

    She tries to determine if any other possible enemies are approaching.

    Perception: (5d6+4)[21]

    In the mean time she tells Thomas, "Better see if you can figure out what's up with the bomb the big one was carrying."

  13. - Top - End - #673
    Orc in the Playground
     
    SwashbucklerGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2015

    Default Re: Maverick Hunter: Strike Force

    "Waiting would be fine I have time to kill...not like my family is here already..plus I have some data I got to look over the he'll hound. Oh also the poor son is camels brother....have fun there with that, I found out thanks to the hound and yeah..I'll give you guys some time while I look over somethings." He said as he pulled off the long from his back giving a look over and made a note to test it before and after the upgrading progress, after looking at the data of course."You have a spot for testing out things in here by the way, I have a few things to look at with the data I have plan for this sir."

  14. - Top - End - #674
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Maverick Hunter: Strike Force

    Zyph'r, dancing between most of the shots, you then close in with a quick burst, blazing sword carving through the neck of the one not in the armor as the other, called Rick by his now shorter friend barely stumbles out of the way, buster rifle barking as he gives a cry.
    "Frank! Aw, ya bastard! I'll gut ya fer that!"
    (3d6)[12] (3d6)[9] (3d6)[17]
    (1d8)[3] (1d8)[3] (1d8)[4]

    The mutts go down as Pandora pauses, listening about. She can hear people converging on the level above, possibly to set up ambushes, the sound of the timer within the larger construction bot in front of you, Tom taking measured breaths as his heart beats a bit harder than it had been before.
    "Good work, kid, and I plan to. Time to see what toys they really have, eh?"
    He pulls out a number of tools, letting him look within before he carefully disarms a couple traps inside it-likely tied to trying to open that chest cavity-and then rooting around inside, nodding before he disables it.
    "Yeah, still the same there. So, where are the mavs now? Bet they had to hear that."
    (Map will be updated, but next level has 15 reploids and 40 humans on it. Just a bit slow due to real life to update)

    Hammer, Thunderheart, Flicker winces a bit at that, raising a hand before waving it sideways.
    "...Almost? Look, Robin and I aren't...weren't fighters, but we knew our way around tech and without being noticed after a lifetime on the stage. Thing is, since we lost popularity, we lost our fans, our money, our home, and so we...used it. Professional thieves, right? But we didn't know that guy was a hunter until after we found and swiped the data. But then we found out it was Hunter data after I decrypted it...well, we knew we f***ed up bad. We didn't know who we had been dealing with, and when we went back to try and get a deal with the hunters..."
    He voice cracks a bit here, eyes cast down as she retreats to the wall, sliding down it and sitting next to it.
    "Well, turns out they'd been watching us, and that son of a bitch you heard of was the collar. We got there, and tried to hand it back, but then this guy we just met expanded three times over and gutted Robin! Just...just through his god damn head, with this saber he extended outta his friggin' chest, and he laughed, that motherf***er just, just laughed as he tried to grasp me, hurt me, and I ran and..."
    Flicker's curled up a bit against the wall, in all likelihood cursing that reploids lack tearducts as she takes her head in her hands.
    "I don't know why I'm still here, y'know? This, this *******, this, this Wendigo jackass, first time he caught up again that sick f*** was wearing Robin's skin! Just right there, smiling at me, like I must have hallucinated the whole damn thing, like nothing had happened! What kind of sick f*** does that?"

    Negative, Nautiller just gives you a strangely quirked eyebrow at your oddly collected information, he marks down a few things on a data window that opens before him.
    "Zernicke should have some time to help you out, and tends to enjoy a chance to really figure out such problems. As for testing, there is always your own firing range. Will that work for you?"
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2016-01-27 at 08:52 PM.

  15. - Top - End - #675
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Nightraiderx's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2011

    Default Re: Maverick Hunter: Strike Force

    Zyph'r manages to dodge the first two, but as he closes in the third shot dents his armor a bit. He feels the blow but keeps on the offensive.
    Swinging the sword upward, hoping to knock Rick up.

  16. - Top - End - #676
    Orc in the Playground
     
    SwashbucklerGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2015

    Default Re: Maverick Hunter: Strike Force

    Negative nodded a bit."Sure, oh by the way you wouldn't happen to know if Bones is around I owe him a favor." He saids walking in and having a look around."Mmmm..how wonder how Multiple is holding up...and where are the other two...odd to wonder this.." He mutter about to himself a bit

  17. - Top - End - #677
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    The_Admiral's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    City of Culture TM
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Maverick Hunter: Strike Force

    "Sir yes sir," he replied, saluting the giant guy before wandering off back to his lab, scanning hunter reports for any signs of anything resembling the rust.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Sagara
    It's not Yggdrasil or Helheim you're facing, it's the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox Mulder
    I did not lie, I wilfully participated in a campaign of misinformation

    Avatar by Kaariane.

    Murdered by Furthur Maths.

  18. - Top - End - #678
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Maverick Hunter: Strike Force

    Beams Nautiller looks at Negative funny before shaking his head.
    "You should know by now that divisions stick to their own normally. Your tinkerer, this 'Bones' would likely be either at the Second's upgrade facilities or on mission. In fact, I believe he was sent out with one of my own, Controller Cordyceps."
    At any rate, the giant crustacean heads off, letting a small unit built more for utility than anything else you can conceive of make its way over, looking to be a toolcircuit save for the dozen or so extra limbs it seems to carry, and the fact it appears to have some form of propulsion as it greets you.
    "Greetings. I am Toolcircuit FF-8693. However, my associates have seen fit to give me a name that sounded pleasing to me, so you may refer to me as Zernicke for the time being. What may I assist you with?"

    Lambda, as you go through, you get a file from Nautiller directly, following the delivery of a vial of Rust to your hands.
    "It turns out they've been using this to possibly gain funding. Lieutenant Snowhare's in for upgrades currently, Zernicke will be handling his unrelated upgrades, but you may wish to question him and gather the DNA for study."
    Even then, you find two more pings. Apparently Operatives of the Second and Fifteenth have discovered more or the Rust about, one Electro Ocelot getting a hefty exposure to the substance after nearly dying to a hail of missiles.

    Zyph'r, you carve into him again, his armor seeming to eat some of the blow but not nearly enough as you split him in half, then in half again. On the up side, you know you're in the right area, and have some stuff you can loot. On the downside, you don't know where he may be, or when these two were expected to report back.

  19. - Top - End - #679
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    The_Admiral's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    City of Culture TM
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Maverick Hunter: Strike Force

    Accepting the vial he read the files as he plugged it into another adapted device, a machine for reading the instructions embedded in the rust.

    He decided to go for Ocelot, making his way to her most probably location, she had a very similar exposure to the rust as he had, she was the biggest issue.
    Last edited by The_Admiral; 2016-02-02 at 10:17 PM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Sagara
    It's not Yggdrasil or Helheim you're facing, it's the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox Mulder
    I did not lie, I wilfully participated in a campaign of misinformation

    Avatar by Kaariane.

    Murdered by Furthur Maths.

  20. - Top - End - #680
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Space Lawyer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    The Future

    Default Re: Maverick Hunter: Strike Force

    Hammer

    "That is some messed-up s**t right there. As for who does that sort of thing, well, Mavericks, thats who. That is why the Maverick Hunters exist - to put an end to reploids who do that." The giant spider sits in silent contemplation for a moment. "Rather than sit here in fear and sorrow, how about you come with me and get some revenge? Between you, me, and my partner, I think we might stand a chance of taking Wendigo down. If we're careful and clever, we might even get out of it alive."
    07/03/2018: Iím back. The long break was necessary.

    Discord Tag #4097

  21. - Top - End - #681
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Nightraiderx's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2011

    Default Re: Maverick Hunter: Strike Force

    Zyph'r puts away the greatsword. "Man this thing is powerfu- wait, I should've saved that last guy to find out where I was supposed to go." Zyph'r rubbed the back of his head, "well if it isn't in the sky maybe it's in the ground!" Zyph'r leaps into the air before digging downward into the trashheap.

  22. - Top - End - #682
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2015

    Default Re: Maverick Hunter: Strike Force

    Hmmm.. looked like the berets were not the sort to run. Commendable, but troublesome for the fungoid maverick hunter. Making the spider evade and dodge the surprising dangerous chunks of ice, he made it lob out a volley of 8 spider drones to serve as meat shields and intercept what hits he could. As the spider danced and skittered, a pair of eyes began to glow as the Raider Killer duo awoken. Slowly, the two mechanoids took careful steps as the boot up went over safety protocols, as if approaching the bospider from behind, before making a sprint for it.. and past it, towards the two remaining mavericks with their claws ready, their teeth bared, and a duet of horrendous screeching coming from the two in unison as they moved to RIP and TEAR the berets apart.

    Spoiler: Dice rolls
    Show
    Bospider:
    Mini spiders fired to take shots; (4d6)[12](4d6)[12](4d6)[14](4d6)[12](4d6)[13](4d6)[13](4d6)[14](4d6)[13]
    Dodging the shots themselves:(5d6+2)[24](5d6+2)[18](5d6+2)[19](5d6+2)[25](5d6+2)[18](5d6+2)[16](5d6+2)[19](5d6+2)[14](5d6+2)[19](5d6+2)[19](5d6+2)[15](5d6+2)[20]

    Raider Killers: Move, then RIP AND TEAR.
    Raider A Attack/Damage
    (5d6+2)[13]/(1d10+2)[8]
    (5d6+2)[19]/(1d10+2)[8]

    Raider B Attack/Damage
    (5d6+2)[18]/(1d10+2)[5]
    (5d6+2)[26]/(1d10+2)[9]

  23. - Top - End - #683
    Titan in the Playground
     
    WindStruck's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: Maverick Hunter: Strike Force

    "There's over a dozen of those dog mechaniloids above us, and it's also where most of the hostages are at... Seems to be a couple bombs up there too... Hm. I wonder where that exploding duck guy is... don't think I've actually been able to detect anything like him yet."

    Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    It's really a pain trying to read these maps.
    Last edited by WindStruck; 2016-02-03 at 12:54 AM.

  24. - Top - End - #684
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Maverick Hunter: Strike Force

    Pandora, Tomas sighs at that.
    "Bastard's probably trying to get some press upstairs or keeping anyone from getting in. B ranks are really more than a few squads of SWAT can handle, you know? Politicals always love to push an agenda. Generally based around reploid superiority or killing all the humans or some ****. Anyway, you hit them from one side, I hit from the other, sound good? got a couple more EMP 'nades after all. Most mavs never see them coming, seeing as most've you aren't well shielded against it."
    As you head up, though, you notice those don't seem to be the dogs. Those are the construction reploids, picks and welders hoisted as they peer about, trying to look menacing. Look more like a bunch of targets.

    Hammer and Thunderheart, Flicker looks at you, depressed but, above all, angry.
    "...You've got some info, don't you? What have you heard? I've got a lotta mavs that need to fry for this, and could use a direction."

    Cordyceps, far from the combat, you watch as the ice scatters about your mechaniloids, the raider killers giving a chilling howl as the Berets look even more panicked.
    "OH GOD OH S*** OH F*** RAIDER KILLERS ACTIVE! I REPEAT, RAIDER KILLERS-NO, NYEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-"
    You watch as the Bospider spawn tear into the Berets, followed by the Raider Killers leaping upon their foes and digging in, the crunch and shriek of metal punctuating panicked calls on the radio. In another part of the fortress, you can hear the sounds of explosions and the rapport of gunfire, the howls of your creatures giving a sinister chill to the night as you burst your way into the fort, the sound of the claws of your new acquisitions clanging in the halls even over the klaxons wailing. For a moment, one of your raider killers spots Bones sitting on the Bospider's back, giving a cheerful little wave before hopping off, heading towards a stairwell as he fades from view again.

    Zyph'r, you blast down upon the gigantic pile of trash, finding that there is indeed a room beneath it. It doesn't seem to be a ship, but maybe, just maybe, they have a base hidden in here?

  25. - Top - End - #685
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Dragonsage's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Kiln of the First Flame
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Maverick Hunter: Strike Force

    Shen narrows his eyes upon seeing the mechaniloids lay down the sea mines before deciding to take care of that before they'd have a chance to sink more ships. He then swam up towards the the mines and unleash a blast of pressurized water aimed at the nearest mechaniloid while they were working away.


    Spoiler: Rollin!
    Show
    Stealth: (5d6+1)[24]

    Pressure blaster cutter
    Marksmen roll: (5d6)[14]
    damage (1d12+2)[6]
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by MesiDoomstalker View Post
    The Lovely Couple
    The duo walk off ending up at the bar. The Bartender gives you a coy smile. Anything for the young lady, sir? Tarja can tell his intentions were less than pleasant and presumptuously forward.
    Spoiler
    Show


    League playlist - Hey, wanna check out a buncha people be idiots on league?

  26. - Top - End - #686
    Titan in the Playground
     
    WindStruck's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: Maverick Hunter: Strike Force

    Pandora texts, "You might know this by now, but they aren't dogs. Most probably aren't anyway. They're construction reploids. Sorry."

    Seeing a group of more mavericks, a thought gets into her mind. She'd been killing a lot of these guys almost like it was a game... but they were a lot like her, weren't they? Like, life? Sentient? She thinks maybe, just maybe, she ought to try to give them a chance?

    Pandora uses three marbles. One takes the image of her, although holding some kind of energy blade. The other two look like some kind of drone things with slashy blades and gratuitous spikes just because. They float and whir threateningly.

    Deception: (3d6+1)[9]

    From a distance, she draws her silenced pistol and merely listens behind a corner.

    The hologram pandora walks up in plain sight, drones behind on either side. It says, "Hi! You must be the mavericks. Well, more mavericks. I kind of killed your buddies downstairs... Uh- say! You wouldn't want to surrender, would you?"

    Persuasion: (3d6)[9]

  27. - Top - End - #687
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Space Lawyer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    The Future

    Default Re: Maverick Hunter: Strike Force

    Hammer

    Hammer explains the recent events from his point of view, including all the info he's learned. "So, overall, I've racked up 36 sub-C kills, 4 sub-C captures, 1 human rescue if I interpret that liberally, and you make 1 B-rank capture. Not that you're actually captured, mind you. Just how the mission report will read. Putting Barrow and Wendigo out of commission will up that profile considerably. Want to get to it?"
    07/03/2018: Iím back. The long break was necessary.

    Discord Tag #4097

  28. - Top - End - #688
    Orc in the Playground
     
    SwashbucklerGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2015

    Default Re: Maverick Hunter: Strike Force

    He nods to Nautiller as he then looks at Zernickle."Nice to meet you Zernickle, I'm looking for the hound and drag data, along with storm eagles, for a later use, I would also like to see some data on some sensors if any, been out in the desert taught me something. The need for a better aray of my surrondings." He said as he looked over his hands like he had an imaginary plans in his hands

  29. - Top - End - #689
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Maverick Hunter: Strike Force

    Shen, you sneak up on the mechaniloid, some strange turtle design, and shear through the first, watching it fall in half and a mine just rise in front of you. You try again, and you shear off another's head, causing it to sputter and die, then a third as you make your way through, each either shedding a mine or sinking to the ground with their next one as you go. Eventually, you make it through, still unspotted judging by the fact that no one is currently headed your way, and thankful for the amount of intelligence those things had to have.

    Pandora, the Dozer squad looks to each other, then to your illusion, chuckling as they look at your appearance as one's stomach seems to rumble as it laughs, stepping forward, passing his pick through your illusion, then bending down to pick up your marble.
    "I think we can chance it. Arright, you lot! Three left, three right! Everyone else, time fer some...added protection."
    The dozer grins maliciously at that, as the chuckling group seems about ready to split to hunt you down.

    Hammer, Flicker looks at you for a moment before very nearly slapping you upside the head, stopping just short as she remembers your giant fangs.
    "I meant names! Barrow, didn't know that one, knew Wendigo, but do you have any more? Or was it that Antioch bastard? Who else is in on this that we can squeeze for more information?"

    Negative, Zernicke looks at you with a sense of ultimate boredom.
    "Ah, yes, those two. They are being processed still, though it should not be long now. Something about a strange composition. But we can start with looking at your current loadout, and adding that data to your repertoire."
    The short reploid wheels back around, heading down a hall as you follow before coming to a terminal, tapping out several dozen commands in seconds as he goes through what he is doing. Eventually, after a minute, he has the data before him, showing you Storm Tornado. After you download it, he then brings up your own data, looking over spots you could accept the sensors, before nodding.
    "Ah. Yes, this is easily within my capabilities. Please remove your helmet, and we shall begin."
    His typing fingers retract, before a number of tools extend, even as he goes over to a shelf and pulls out a strange component.

  30. - Top - End - #690
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Nightraiderx's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2011

    Default Re: Maverick Hunter: Strike Force

    Zyph'r digs out and finally finds the room underneath, looking around he takes in the room and the directions
    and obstacles on each path. "This could lead to something..."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •