New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Maverick Hunter: Strike Force

Hammer takes stock of his ammo stores. The counterfire had seriously depleted them, and it would be a bit before they were restored. It was still entirely possible that Striker Scorpion was still in the valley, ready to attack. He didn't want to get trapped in a prepared battlefield low on supplies. "We'll start that way, but send a fresh battery and a box of grenades along with the sweepers. I can replenish on the move."

The gears inside Hammer whir to life, and armor plating shifts around. Full treads deploy from his arms. "Get on, everyone. Be ready for whatever they throw at us."
    07/03/2018: I’m back. The long break was necessary.

Discord Tag #4097

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

Zyph'r flys over to the rest of the group. "Alright two down, two to go. I can fly up and keep an eye on stuff ahead if you'd like, Hammer we don't have much time, I think we should find where Striker was when he launched that attack and follow the tunnel, I don't think he'll be stupid enough to go 4v1 with us." Zyph'r smirks hovering above Hammer's large head.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

Pandora flies up on Hammer's back, scanning the hole Turtle came out with her binoculars. "It could take a while to sweep for any mines between us and that tunnel... Shall I fly ahead?"

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ettin in the Playground

"....FLy ahead, give me the depth of that tunnel, I'm going to clear some mines." Lambda replies over the comm, charging up his Gravity gun.

Turning to hammer, he continues, "There are two possible methods, one, which uses mass to set off any mines in our path, with it I have calculated it would take about three hours to clear this minefield, the second method is the usage of explosives for that express purpose, however it could leave some pressure mines untriggered."
    Last edited by The_Admiral; 2015-06-14 at 07:46 AM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Sagara
    It's not Yggdrasil or Helheim you're facing, it's the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox Mulder
    I did not lie, I wilfully participated in a campaign of misinformation

Murdered by Furthur Maths.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

"Three hours?? Are we talking about clearing the whole field, or just a safe path for you guys? Hm, maybe if the artillery focuses on a narrow path between us and that tunnel, and not too close to it, you can get there and the tunnel won't be collapsed. Wait! That's it! What if they concentrate so much fire between there and their base that it collapses before they get back?! Charge Turtle is not a digger. He should be trapped I think, and it will take a while for his buddy to dig him out!"

Pandora seemed pretty excited about this idea. Normally she got pretty gleeful when it came to coming up with 'evil' or crafty plans. Or maybe pummeling an area of land with hundreds of missiles wasn't considered crafty either. But still...

6. - Top - End - #66
    Troll in the Playground

Hammer aims his cannons low, calculates the line to the tunnel, and fires. Beams streak out across the sands, setting off mines and turning the sand molten. "Cleared."

Discord Tag #4097

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

"well that takes care of that problem, I say we should follow the tunnel instead of blowing it up, having one of them trapped is an interesting development, but either way time is of the essence." Zypher looks up, "I think we should split and find two ways in after we blow up that hole me and you should take the upper route while hammer and lambda force their way to the front gate. It won't take too long to get through the rest of the acid cloud mines."

8. - Top - End - #68
    Troll in the Playground

"Sounds like a decent plan. Make sure to keep in contact so we can trap them in the middle and hit at the same time."

The drones zip back across the lines to the quartermaster. They beam their order into the system. Even between the two of them, the supplies will be quite heavy. In the meantime, the secondary order comes through. A team rushes up to Hammer with a machine gun, usually intended for two-man operation but well-suited to Hammer's bulk. More firepower would be needed against the leaders of these Mavericks, but it would certainly clear out the fodder well enough. It doesn't take long for the gun to be attached to one of Hammer's hardpoints.

"Lets go then, Citrus." Hammer roars across the valley floor, the newly-cooled glass crackling beneath his treads.
    Last edited by Space Lawyer; 2015-06-14 at 06:43 PM.

Discord Tag #4097

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ettin in the Playground

"That's taking a third option," Lambda deadpans as he files down the path next to Hammer.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

It's not Yggdrasil or Helheim you're facing, it's the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

As he passes near the remains of Beetle, he stops as he notices something. Red liquid, like blood or rust, drips from the remains of a shoulder as the insides look corroded somewhat, the mark of a red and chrome deer skull emblazoned upon the side of it. It couldn't be...Doe? Did she make these? Is she responsible?

Regardless, Hammer and Lambda begin their approach, dropping down into the tunnels. It is quiet for ten minutes as they move forward, Hammer's bulk cursed more than once, however soon they can hear the noises of soldiers moving about in the distance. A maverick defensive line? Eventually they see it, a squad of four Hoganmer and two disc boys. But something is off...
    (Perception please from both of you. Map in a bit)
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2015-06-14 at 08:30 PM.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

"Right, I guess we can take the landing pad area and work down... and the military can keep an eye on the doors."

Pandora begins flying - up, up, up to catch up with Zephyr. She'll help take out some mines too at a range of 100 ft with her buster cannon.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ettin in the Playground

He stops for a few moments, collecting a small sample of the red material, he was hoping it wasn't her, he actually liked Gleaming Doe, one of the people that made work at Mesa enjoyable.

As he sees the hogan hammers and discboys, he raises his gravity gun, ready for combat.
    Spoiler
    Show

(4d6)[15]
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Hammer and Lambda both spot them. Above two locations are the disguised units, Crag Men. Ambush reploids that had seen use in the Ninth until many defected with Sting Chameleon. Seems they don't realize they have been spotted yet.

Meanwhile, carving through the cloud cover, Zyph'r and Pandora slowly find their way through, until emerging into clear sky. However, it seems the landing pad is clear, while there's only one way down from that and likely infested with enemies...
    (INITIATIVES)

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

Pandora immediately checks behind her to make sure her suit is of a similar color of the skies behind. "Follow me if you don't want to make a mess of things," she says. She then quickly drops, preferring to approach the landing pad from a more horizontal path and below, so she can't be spotted. Gripping the edges of the steep slopes of the mountain, her suit changes color once again, this time to the color of the surrounding rocks. She peeks her head over the edge to take a look.

Spoiler
    Show
    stealth: (5d6+2)[15]
    perception: (5d6+1)[17]

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

On the roof, Pandora slowly looks into the area, which seems to lead to an elevator. Peering down a miniscule slip in the sides, she slowly spots the gleam of metal in several spots. One...no, two of the Lanceteamer Bingo run, looking a bit creaky but more well armed with rocket tubes on their shoulders, seem to be aimed at the elevator's floor, trying to hide. Farther down, the hum of discs nervously being tossed up and down before getting a smack from a heavy hand may tell the rest-Disc Boys, with Hoganmer accompaniment. Seems like a tidy little death trap.
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2015-06-14 at 11:11 PM.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Troll in the Playground

"First rule when facing off against artillery or a tank: don't stand close together."

The Hoganmers and Diskboys were about to learn that lesson the hard way, as Hammer charged forth into the group of them at full speed.

As he bowls them over, he slides into a spin, coming to a stop just beyond their rear line, and fires a grenade into their midst. (Centered on W8)

Discord Tag #4097

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ettin in the Playground

Lambda grins as he points his gravity gun at the Crag Boys, grabbing the one who still thinks he's a rock and tossing him into the next.

Spoiler
    Show

Damage:
    (1d8+3)[10]
    (1d8+3)[4]
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

In the matter of seconds, the Maverick defensive line is reminded about why being infantry against artillery is terrible, as Hammer crushes several underneath, the survivors of his rampage dying to the shrapnel of the grenades unloaded at their feet. The Crag Men, seeing that, decide to not drop, hoping you pass by, however as one meets Lambda's eyes, and with fear in his voice, shouts "Reinforcements needed at ent-" before Lambda lifts him, then launches him at his buddy. However, the other Crag Man seems to be a bit quicker, tossing himself out of the way even as the other impacts into the wall face first and crumples into a tincan, and trying to land on Lambda with a flying kick, anger in his optics briefly outweighing the fear.
    "Son of a bitch! Marv was my brother, you bastard!"
    (3d6+2)[9]
    (1d6)[2]

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ettin in the Playground

The warning light came on in his HUD as he rolled out of the way of the kick, letting his grav gun drop to his side.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

Pandora whispers to Zephyr, "There's an ambush waiting for us down there. I'd bet they'll try and blow up the elevator and kill any survivors." She allows him to look down the crack as well.

"Wadaya say we send it down empty, then surprise them ourselves?"
    Last edited by WindStruck; 2015-06-15 at 12:30 AM.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

Zyph'r follows pandora, activating his cloaking device and hiding inbetween rocks to hide from view.
    "took the words out of my mouth." Zyph'r grins mischievously. "I'll use my cloaking to
    get close to the elevator to turn it on, it doesn't last long though, unless you have something remote?"

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

Pandora shakes her head. "Nothing that works at a distance, and not on simple mechanical devices.. you know, it might be more convincing if we actually made some noise beforehand."

She grins mischievously. If he agrees, she'll stomp around like a bunch of idiots just running to the elevator.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

"Sounds good to me," Zyph'r bows hovering mid-air. "lady bots first."
    he adds coyly.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Troll in the Playground

"Reinforcements will be coming at any moment. Lets end this and get moving before they can get settled."

Hammer lobs another grenade, aiming just shy of the Crag Man so as to not catch Orange-Boy in the blast.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Marksmanship: (4d6+1)[19]
    Damage: (2d8)[10]

Discord Tag #4097

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ettin in the Playground

As the Cragboy exploded Lambda nods at Hammer, grabbing onto his chassis as he prepares to roll deeper into the base.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

It's never making that roll
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Question Re: Maverick Hunter: Strike Force

(Yeah, really isn't.)
    There's half a cry from the other crag man as shrapnel shreds it just ad a large chunk severs something important sounding in it's chest, a piece of metal exitting with what looks like the regulator for the LIFE Cell. Now with too little draw, the Cell begins overloading, causing the Maverick to explode as it cooks inside. Moving on through somewhat claustrophobic tunnels, you come to an area that finally has some space in a much lager cavern. It seems they have a number of light vehicles here, ride chasers, some Road Master cars, one inactive tank. Really, the heaviest thing looks like a giant truck with a bed big enough to carry Charge, with an industrial winch currently collapsed down on the frame to help the heavy set giant up. It even seems to hold some inactive Mechaniloids that a support team are desperately trying to get placed-three Gun Volts sit inert in an area that should hold eight, in various states of repair, as two Hama Hamas keep watch, their own holding area set for six at a time nearby, screeching warning as you are spotted. The workers seem to be civilian models, with pickaxes at their sides-looks like degravers from here, judging by rotund bodies and simple faces. Tend to toss their pickaxe in a fight, or swing it with the practice born from wielding it all their lives. Six in total, and one has just hit a button activating something that sounds like...churning dirt. A trap?

Stomping around doesn't seem to phase them too much at the top, but Bingoes are soldiers-for these two, at least former ones. There seems to be shuffling about from below them though, nervousness in the ranks. When one of you steps on the elevator, it begins to head down from the pressure plate. about ten feet down you can hear the two missiles streak through the air, and then the platform becomes a ball of flame as explosions shake the ground, streaming down into the darkness now lit by it and, soon, the first glints of the dawn's light, discs chucked with reckless abandon at it as the Hoganmers smash it with their flails. They point their weapons up, but don't seem to see either of you...
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2015-06-15 at 01:06 PM.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

Pandora has her pistol drawn ready. Soon after the elevator is blown up, she activates her cloaking and jumps down the shaft just as the gouts of flame dissipate. Her wings' boosters slow her fall considerably as she reaches the nearest Rocketeer, and she hovers near it, the reverberations of combat and chaos still in the air. Reaching out, she touches the soldier, planting her controller nanobots in it.

Spoiler: rolls
    Show
    stealth: (5d6+2)[20]

Surprise round- remote control

finesse: (5d6)[17]
    Also, I think I'm at an advantage here doing this from stealth. an additional d6: (1d6)[3]

damage: (1d4)[4]

initiative: (5d6)[22]

and then?
    If I get the bingo under my control and can have it act on this round, I'll make it shoot the mooks down and across the tunnel.

Next round: depends on what happens this round (including zephyr if he get a surprise too) :)
    Last edited by WindStruck; 2015-06-15 at 08:45 PM.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

Zyph'r activates his cloaking dropping down, trying to position himself in the middle of a bunch of reploids before taking out both of his swords, spinning in place and attacking as many as he can in range.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Stealth
    (4d6+1)[15]

Lo Beam combat
    (3d6+1)[15]

Damage
    (1d10)[3]

Hi Beam combat
    (3d6+1)[8]

Damage
    (1d10+3)[11]

Initiative
    (4d6+1)[17]

29. - Top - End - #89
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Zyph'r can't reach the minions below, so he goes for the next best thing, the Bingo at the other end. The only warning they get is the hiss of a saber before it is rammed through their chest, then the hi beam going into their head. Meanwhile, the other one shouts in general alarm first at the brutal, unseen murder of his companion nearby, then gives a howl of pain as the nanobots take root. His body begins humming erratically, the sensitive things inside sounding like they have begun to shake themselves apart. Pandora feels something connect, as in her eyes, the Bingo's arms turn red. They are under her control now.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground

After taking control of the remaining Bingo's weapon systems, Pandora descends down along the wall to the second area where the other enemies are waiting. At about the same time, she makes the Bingo unleash its rockets on the group of enemies below and across the chasm. Might be a tough shot to make a direct hit, but she wagers the blast radius should be more than enough.

In the commotion of the resulting new explosions, she aims and takes a shot at the discboy's LIFE CELL, aiming for a 1HKO and also hitting his partner with an explosion. She quickly aims at the nearest hobganmer and does the same.

Spoiler
    Show
    stealth: (5d6+2)[14]

called shot to vital systems (and life cell)
    marksmanship: (5d6+2)[19]
    damage: (1d8+4)[12]

Bingo's roll is up to DM I guess. :)
    Last edited by WindStruck; 2015-06-16 at 12:26 AM.