New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Core Component: New Terms

Sorry. Ramsus.

So, I've edited the post to remove the school of magic she'll focus on. Also, I made the description under pressure, so it might be edited a bit.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Halfling in the Playground

I should probably ask, is my character description good?

Extended Sig

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    Christmas starts when Halloween ends, Halloween starts after New Year. The only part of the year that isn't a holiday is between Christmas and December 31st.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

Thinking about it, I should too.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

That's fine. Adding more to your characters is perfectly fine as things go along (in fact it's a good thing). Although I'm really unlikely to notice unless you point it out as I don't really have a reason to go check posts I've already read.

*looks at what BOP threw in as a character* *looks at BOP's question* Uh.................................. well it has enough detail and there's no technical or setting conflict issues? Then again your "student as wizard college" is four puppies! What kind of response were you expecting from me here? Sheesh!

5. - Top - End - #65

Whenever I RP it's as 4 awakened puppies. Theyre the ones from my main avvie, I'm just using this one currently for a thread in the message board games.

Extended Sig

Christmas starts when Halloween ends, Halloween starts after New Year. The only part of the year that isn't a holiday is between Christmas and December 31st.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

When do sign ups end for this game?

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

Well, we need two more players to reach the minimum amount. Also I won't start until I've talked to the four teachers and gotten a first class from each of them written up so as to make sure if irl issues happen we have more time for them to write up the next one. If either of these things take a long time, then that'll delay when we'd start. I'll basically only close signups right when I'm ready to start the game. Sorry, I can't be more specific, but with these variables that could mean anything from Monday (though that'd be pretty unlikely) to two weeks from now.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Eagle View Post
    She smells like a bear for anyone who can sense such things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguinator View Post
    Race: Half-Beastman
    We're gonna be friends.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Orc in the Playground

With pleasure!

I guess I should add she's a whole lot less hostile to werecreatures and beast kin.

10. - Top - End - #70

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Eagle View Post
    With pleasure!

I guess I should add she's a whole lot less hostile to werecreatures and beast kin.
    I'm playing as puppies, do those count?
    Last edited by BasketOfPuppies; 2015-06-21 at 07:30 AM.

Extended Sig

11. - Top - End - #71
    Troll in the Playground

Oh look at this! They have fresh puppy-dog tails for harvesting. *Snip snip snip snip*

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Is it for eating? *nom nom nom*
    Not wearing your seat belt? See you soon!
    Thanks to Kwarkpudding for this excellent avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

13. - Top - End - #73

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    Oh look at this! They have fresh puppy-dog tails for harvesting. *Snip snip snip snip*
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathslayer7 View Post
    Petrificus Totalus!

Extended Sig

14. - Top - End - #74
    Sprig
    Guest in the Playground

Thanks for the invite Ramsus. I would like to be able to give this my full amount of attention but because of time restraints it is not going to be the case for a while.

With that in mind, if you will still have me, put me on the list. I will provide a character once I have a decent block of time to read the OP/Rules.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Bugbear in the Playground

Name: Rengraf Helfield

Race: Human?

Gender: Irrelevant. Uses male or female pronouns interchangeably on the rare occasions he refers to herself.

History: A speaker with spirits that may not even be there. An apparent addlepate, but a natural weaver of the flow of magical energy, captured and sent to the Academy to force some learnng, some control. Something in him was seen as valuable enough that this was the preferable option to simply having her executed or commited to an asylum. She is not violent by nature; nor easily stirred to anger. Constantly asking questions, probing querying questions. The kinds of questions that sometimes lead to uncomfortable answers.

Description: Walks hunched over most of the time, with an odd lurch-like gait, arms hanging low, enough so that in conjunction with his posture they nearly scrape the ground. Eyes are rheumy, but she seems to see just fine in spite of that. Hands are misshapen; a close inspection makes it clear the fingerbones have broken and been reset in the past. Reddish-brown welts about his wrists; to which healing effects have done naught. Her legs are oddly bowed outward. Such hair as she has remaining is a crop of reddish-brown, though shocks of black can be spotted here and there, and in many places the hair is mangled, or missing.

Clothes: Rengraf seems to pay little attention to what he is wearing at any given time; he is clearly rough on his outfits - one and all are patchwork collections of disparate fabrics sewn together to cover the holes - and despite this, there are always holes. Although her sponsors would not permit him one, she seems oddly ... calmer ... when wearing a straitjacket, and may go to some lengths if he believes he can acquire one.

Wand: "One who relies too heavily on a wand becomes mastered by it, as with any crutch kept for too great a time. Let the air be your channel, let the blood be your tides. The waters without, the waters within reveal what is needful. Take as ye must, for ye shall give as ye take."
    Last edited by Helgraf; 2015-06-21 at 10:34 PM.
    Catatar made for me many years ago ... pretty sure by banjo1985
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

Hurray, we now have the minimum number of people required to play! Now just to wait on people making characters and the like.

In the meantime, how do people feel about 72 hour days and 48 hour nights? Would people prefer 72 hour nights instead?

17. - Top - End - #77
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deathslayer7 View Post
    "What, no! They are...."
    Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    Petrificus Totalus!
    *is petrified*

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

18. - Top - End - #78
    Sprig
    Guest in the Playground

Are you able to explain the concept of spying? I admit I didn't quite get it? What advantage does it confer?

Also

Character concept!

Name: Kira McDiarmid
    Race: Human

Description: A short rather muscle young woman, not overly cute but could be attractive if you were into that sort of thing. She is not often seen without wearing her rather unique breastplate. The breastplate features two nipples that are pieced with rings from which a small Dagger hangs off each. If you're fortunate enough to see her without her armour, you will notice a rather prominent tattoo across her chest which reads: "Useless as nipples on a breastplate."

Kira is a rather boisterous young lass who is quick to take charge and thinks she always knows best! She is unlikely to be swayed otherwise!
    Last edited by Sprig; 2015-06-21 at 10:30 PM.

19. - Top - End - #79

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    Hurray, we now have the minimum number of people required to play! Now just to wait on people making characters and the like.

In the meantime, how do people feel about 72 hour days and 48 hour nights? Would people prefer 72 hour nights instead?
    I'm fine with whatever.

Extended Sig

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

lol Sprig.

Let's see, basically the idea of spying is that you get to be in the group QT of that faction and they are not aware you're not really part of that group. As for how useful that is, that depends on how people decide to play I suppose.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Yay, I finally came up with a character! This description seems a little short, but I can't think of anything else to add.

Name: Julia Bailey

History: Julia is the only daughter of two country farmers, who were very startled to see her floating her toys to her at the age of three. From then on, they saved as much money as they could to buy her books about magic, and were delighted when she was accepted to the Academia Ardensis at the age of fifteen. Julia is a happy, friendly girl. She and her family know little about the Academia, except that it is said to be the best school of magic in the land. Because of this, Julia is rather naive about the politics that are awaiting her.

Description: 5'4", 13 years old. Wavy chestnut hair, usually tied back in a ponytail with a purple hairband, and brown eyes. Julia likes to wear skirts and dresses in blue or green colors.

Wand: Julia's wand is an oak branch from her parent's farm, carved with swirling patterns by her father.
    Last edited by Elenna; 2015-07-06 at 10:35 PM.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

Hm. I can see Hunter using Julia as a pawn/recruiting her. You up for them having met before the start?

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

Yay more characters!

Hmm, first game public alliance early game. Second public alliance proposals during recruitment. Third game... public alliance proposals at the end of the second game?

24. - Top - End - #84
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Name: Edred
    History: Born to a very poor family of peasant farmers, he quickly began to show a talent for magic. His superstitious parents sent him to Academia Ardensis "to be with his own kind" a couple years after the events of the last game and he has spent most of his life since then in and around the Academy. Once he was old enough to join the Academy proper he began to specialize in esoteric alchemy. This eventually led him to work closely with Ætheling, who was himself an alchemist (in addition to being a Blood Mage).

While Blood Magic has become a central part of the Academy, Ætheling has seen enough Blood Magic gone wrong to be cautious about who he teaches the more advanced stuff to. This means there are few former students of the Academy who he would consider to be true Blood Mages. Which makes it difficult for him to find people he trusts to teach Blood Magic. Edred is one of the few currently at the Academy, and so while his real passion is alchemy he tends to end up as the main Blood Magic teacher.

Description: Edred is of average height, but is quite skinny and pale from spending too much time in his alchemical lab. He has blue eyes and dirty-blond hair, a little longer than shoulder-length and usually pulled back in a pony-tail to keep it out of the way while in the lab. His hands and arms are almost always stained from his experiments, and he usually dresses simply since his clothes have a tendency to get ruined. Currently he favors simple brown robes like a monk might wear with the sleeves rolled up, elbow-length protective gloves and a leather apron.

He considers the Academy his home, and while he has traveled somewhat widely at times he is always happy to return. He enjoys teaching, since he wants to share his enthusiasm for magic (and especially alchemy).

And I just noticed Elenna's post, which wasn't up when I started typing this up. At least we have different approaches to the "peasant child who starts using magic" idea. Edred's parents were a bit less loving and understanding.

@C'nor: hey, no corrupting the naïve young students, that's my job.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

Hunter is a vampire here learning blood magic and politics. I had that job first. xD

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

Just Edred, no surname?

Edit: Inb4 "No, he removed it with blood magic."
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2015-06-22 at 11:40 PM.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    Just Edred, no surname?

Edit: Inb4 "No, he removed it with blood magic."
    No, he burned it off with acid in an accident in his lab, duh

Yeah, he's a peasant who was basically kicked out of the village as a child. He doesn't have fancy enough ancestry to have more than one name, and doesn't feel enough attachment to his biological family to use their surname even if they had one.

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Hunter is a vampire here learning blood magic and politics. I had that job first. xD
    Edred is teaching blood magic...and hopefully not failing miserably at politics. You got me on the vampire part though. How about I use my blood magic connections to provide you with a steady supply of quality blood and we join our armies of corrupted naïve youth together into an unstoppable horde?

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

Are they really naive youth after you've corrupted them though? If so that'd be somewhat impressive.

Ok, Teacher QTs sent out, I'm gonna sent a poke PM to the people who haven't made characters yet.

29. - Top - End - #89

@Flaming Eagle can we be friends?

Extended Sig

30. - Top - End - #90
    Bugbear in the Playground

Name:
    Faelyn of House Caldar, Fifth Son of the Duke of Elsewhere

Race:
    Human

Personality:
    Arrogant, high nosed, and destructive, Faelyn delights in nothing more than pain. He is a snob, and superiority is his by-word. He loves to have others do his dirty work, rather than do things himself, and thinks himself 'too good for anyone.' Only the teachers actually grab his attention and servility, but that's mostly because they're teaching him magic. He can be pleasant to talk to, so long as you don't 'embarrass him' which is unfortunately far too easy. He's really not half as scary as he can pretend to be, as he's mostly bark with no bite. He's not totally as snobbish as it would seem, though, as some of it comes from him attempting to 'act to his father's level of respect'. Which doesn't help that his dad is an arse.

Appearance:
    Sleek black hair frames a face which is more a pointed nose than an actual face. His eyes are a curious hazel, if you can actually see them, which isn't really often. He is a frail boy, more used to discourse on history and lineage than to actual physical work, and as a result he is quite glad he was found to have magical talent. His nails are pointed in the manner of his father's kingdom, in an attempt to appear almost feral. Unfortunately this just looks weird on his frame, as there's nothing threatening about him in the slightest.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!