New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Default Re: Dark Matter scyfy series

Spoiler
    Show
    I'd be happier if it was One who shot Jace because the GA arrested him because of that illegal weapons he stole in the first season and he was already in prison when they caught the Raza crew.
    So One killed Jace so he could be sent to the same prison as the others now that would be a decent improvement to his character if true!

2. - Top - End - #122
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Candle Jack View Post
    But what if it wasn't Jace?

Spoiler
    Show
    What if it was One pretending to be Jace and a clone that got shot?
    The only problem with that theory is:

Spoiler
    Show
    We've established that clones disintegrate the moment they die. Unless One somehow found a way to get around that.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

But what if it wasn't Jace?

Spoiler
    Show
    What if it was One pretending to be Jace and a clone that got shot?
    In Answer

Spoiler
    Show

When One got cloned in that episode, his original features appeared. He would have needed to get his clone operated on with plastic surgery to look like himself now, which is rather pointless. Plus did he know what had happened with Jace since the last time they saw each other?

Other-But Regarding One
    Spoiler
    Show

I think that One is very likely dead at this point, with Jace possibly taking over One's life to do activities or make use of One's money. Given how many shots that One took (4 in total, 3 in chest/torso, one in the forehead) that One is gone.

Given the shots, I don't expect to see One again without some serious explanation of how he survived being shot both in the chest/torso, as well in the forehead. And it cannot be a clone because any clones would have One's original appearance.

Jace could join up with the imprisoned crew, but there is no actual reason that I can think of at this point for him to do so. It feels to me that One's involvement in the story has now concluded and Jace might be taking over his slot in the show. That is likable to me, because Jace seems to be more interesting than One is.

The "One finds his wife's killer" is rather thin plot-wise, and with that security guard dead, only 3 seems to know anything. Plus, One must have talked to the security guard before, which is possibly how he got lead to the ship with 3 on board. With the security guard dead, the next suspect is either 3 or One's corporate friend, because i don't see anything wrong with someone attempting to remove One from the head of his own company. How long was One absent undertaking his personal search anyway? Would the board be pleased with him not being there in run or manage things?

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'd be happier if it was One who shot Jace because the GA arrested him because of that illegal weapons he stole in the first season and he was already in prison when they caught the Raza crew.
    So One killed Jace so he could be sent to the same prison as the others now that would be a decent improvement to his character if true!
    In Reply
    Spoiler
    Show

Given what One focuses on as soon as he gets out, I don't think that One saw any need to get in prison. He can just arrange time to talk with 3, learning what he can remember or know. Nor is there any reason for One to arrange to shoot Jace because it makes no sense and doesn't benefit One in any way. Why would the corporate people be helping Jace when they already know that is not their person?

One killing Jace is too uncharacteristic and nonsense to have happened. Jace killing One is believable, especially if you consider that One's corporate pal might be wanting to remove One and take over.

It is likely or possible that One was supposed to die with his wife, so that the corporate pal could take over, but One was absent for some reason, so he got missed. Then One went undercover to find his wife's killer, then when Six turned them in, One became available to be murdered again, which the corporate pal hired Jace to do.

Although
    Spoiler
    Show

I am going to bet that Six might hear about One's murder, but I don't feel confident that Six would pursue answers here. Maybe he might, but it just doesn't feel like it. plus, it seemed to me that Six was more worried about Five anyway. (I simply happen to like Five anyway)
    Last edited by russdm; 2016-07-03 at 05:31 PM.
    Blog Read and Comment! I use green for joking and Blue for sarcasm.
    Published two Kindle Books on Amazon, both are 99 cents. Ask Me about them!

My First Let's Play -- Temporary Haitus (I plan to get back to it eventually)
    (Yes, I happen to despise Game of Thrones, and the Book Series it is based on. I am Team Wight/Other. Kill all those humans!)

4. - Top - End - #124
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

Ah, that's true. I forgot that One's clone wouldn't look like him.

Of course, it COULD be an android. ;)
    Last edited by Giggling Ghast; 2016-07-04 at 01:24 PM.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Troll in the Playground

New episode!

Spoiler: S2E2 - Kill Them All
    Show
    Welcome back, Torri Higginson. Nice of her to help them break out of prison, but what's her angle, I wonder? That's definitely a favor she'll be calling in later on, I'm sure.

The Raza now has three new crew members. And one of them is a medic, so that's pretty useful. He doesn't seem very vicious; one wonders what he must have done to get thrown into such a high security prison. Meanwhile, One is (supposedly) still dead and Six is down and in stasis for now.

Best scene?

"Android, as a member of the crew of the Raza, you have to do whatever I tell you, right?"

"Of course, Five."

"Kill them all."

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by JadedDM View Post
    New episode!

Show
    Welcome back, Torri Higginson. Nice of her to help them break out of prison, but what's her angle, I wonder? That's definitely a favor she'll be calling in later on, I'm sure.

The Raza now has three new crew members. And one of them is a medic, so that's pretty useful. He doesn't seem very vicious; one wonders what he must have done to get thrown into such a high security prison. Meanwhile, One is (supposedly) still dead and Six is down and in stasis for now.

Best scene?

"Android, as a member of the crew of the Raza, you have to do whatever I tell you, right?"

"Of course, Five."

"Kill them all."
    Haven't seen the full episode yet but have seen a few clips
    Spoiler
    Show
    Given how Six's boss was behaving, I don't blame Five's reaction!
    Feels off how they're handling One's fate, there's plenty of ways this could be handled but a straight death isn't one of them.
    Six knows who One really is and what he was doing before he was killed the question is did One leave any kind of message for either Five or Six regarding his plans?
    Is it possible One's last act was to leave a very brief vid showing his killer and when he was killed but that sounds unlikely.
    The real problem is that Six is the only person who knows anything and if he's stuck in stasis he can't tell the others unless Five uses that mind probe thing to ask him...
    How likely?

7. - Top - End - #127
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

It does seem odd to just ...

Spoiler
    Show
    ... kill off One when his wife's murder is unresolved.

Still, good episode. Man, the GA are pricks! This is a pretty bleak universe. Not W40K bleak, but still dark.
    Last edited by Giggling Ghast; 2016-07-09 at 05:11 PM.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Titan in the Playground

Almost had me believing they'd go against trope for once. Four fights against female foe sent to bring him home. You know he has to win the fight because he needs to escape with the crew for the show to exist. He doesn't necessarily have to kill her so she can return in a later episode, just win the fight by knocking her out. Since he's Four and not Three he only loses a fight when it's a Plot Point so he can't lose, but does he win? Of course not. He's a male protagonist. He's not allowed to defeat a female villain. Only female protagonists may defeat female villains. In this case it's Five.
    Quote Originally Posted by OvisCaedo View Post
    Rules existing are a dire threat to the divine power of the DM.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Troll in the Playground

New episode!

Show

Best scene?

"Of course, Five."

"Kill them all."
    Spoiler: Company representative
    Show

Commander Truffault represents the Mikkei Combine. Mikkei is the one whose colony got blown up so everyone thinks Mikkei is the one doing illegal white hole research, while we and the crew of the Raza know that Traugott Corp was doing the research. The crew of the Raza can't admit that they transported the device, because then they'd be accessories to murder, so they're staying quiet, but someone's trying to murder them.

So, she helps them break out, maintaining them as chips against Traugott Corp, and makes sure they don't have an accident in jail.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ettin in the Playground

Without spoilers, I would like to point out that only TEMPORARY clones disintegrate on death. It was implied a couple times that more permanent clones are available, it is not really clear whether a permanent clone would disintegrate on death.

Regarding One, I would like to point out an alternate theory, though I admit it is farfetched :P

Spoiler: undefined
    Show
    He ALREADY cloned himself before taking over One's spot because it gave him his original face back easier and less painfully than more surgery. When his body died his mind jumped back to the clone.
    Last edited by Olinser; 2016-07-15 at 01:37 AM.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post
    Without spoilers, I would like to point out that only TEMPORARY clones disintegrate on death. It was implied a couple times that more permanent clones are available, it is not really clear whether a permanent clone would disintegrate on death.

Regarding One, I would like to point out an alternate theory, though I admit it is farfetched :P

Spoiler: undefined
    Show
    He ALREADY cloned himself before taking over One's spot because it gave him his original face back easier and less painfully than more surgery. When his body died his mind jumped back to the clone.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Wouldn't it have been easier for him to just have a clone surgically altered to look like Jace and then use that body leaving his in a safe location with no one the wiser?

Is it possible that the stasis system they were using was intended to keep them under control but because it wasn't compatible with One's clone method it caused a fault causing their amnesia?
    Last edited by Hopeless; 2016-07-15 at 02:04 AM.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Wouldn't it have been easier for him to just have a clone surgically altered to look like Jace and then use that body leaving his in a safe location with no one the wiser?

Is it possible that the stasis system they were using was intended to keep them under control but because it wasn't compatible with One's clone method it caused a fault causing their amnesia?
    Right, that's what I meant, I typed it out backwards.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Spoiler
    Show

But that
    Spoiler
    Show

Feels really cheap to me to try to keep One involved. If they really wanted to keep One, the better method would have been for them to have One get a mysterious message, and then be waiting for Ambush Jace. Instead Jace killed One.

As for cloning and sending himself to the Raza...That is way overcomplicated, and requires the clone be produced and have sufficient information from One, then be able someone to provide the information back to One. Yes, One has the money, but is it really that more effective than just sneaking onto the Raza to search for information? Making a clone adds more steps to what One wants/needs to do.

The other point is that it makes One story more banal and dumbly idiotic. Why not keep running the business while having sent a clone to investigate? If One was cloned, then why wasn't the original One still running the business because that would have provided better cover for the investigation to occur without anybody finding out. By having One go himself, a cover story for why he was not running his business would have been needed, and so his disappearance would have been noticeable. Still disappearing while having sent off a clone is way too pointless.

It has also been determined, so far, that the Amnesia was caused by Five for reasons that someone was going to get killed. So that has no play with cloning blues.

I think One's story got shelved here mainly because the character really didn't work as well as the others, or maybe because it just didn't have that much value? It feels out of place, is rather wonky, seems strange. Maybe it was in the comics for the show, and was done better there. But, I think the show is better for discarding it.

There wasn't enough of a setup I think about how Three hadn't actually killed One's wife, or there wasn't any real detail there to pickup on. It should have been shown earlier that there were serious questions about Three's actual involvement or clues suggesting that something was going on. The way it was presented strongly suggests that we were supposed to get the idea that Three had done it, and that One had planned to kill Three by getting onboard.

Now we getting a sense that maybe there is more to the story, but I find that I frankly don't care. I don't know if that is bad acting (less likely, considering Jace), bad writing (more likely to me), or bad pacing (very likely). We should have had more hints/clues already, but got none, then One died. Knowing the result of that means little to me.

I think that closing off One's arc is a direct result of this issue; the writers really didn't setup One's journey or motives well beyond simple revenge. They should have given One something that One recorded to give himself some details about why he needs to interact with Three or way it matters. Like a recording of some kind that we could see to be on the same page.
    Blog Read and Comment! I use green for joking and Blue for sarcasm.
    Published two Kindle Books on Amazon, both are 99 cents. Ask Me about them!

My First Let's Play -- Temporary Haitus (I plan to get back to it eventually)
    (Yes, I happen to despise Game of Thrones, and the Book Series it is based on. I am Team Wight/Other. Kill all those humans!)

14. - Top - End - #134
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

Tonight we learned that the crew of the Raza were really evil pricks prior to the memory erasure.

Spoiler
    Show
    And Arax is a plant. Saw that one a million miles off.
    Last edited by Giggling Ghast; 2016-07-16 at 12:01 AM.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Tonight we learned that the crew of the Raza were really evil pricks prior to the memory erasure.

Spoiler
    Show
    And Arax is a plant. Saw that one a million miles off.
    And what was that about Three probably not being responsible for the death of One's wife?

16. - Top - End - #136
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: S2E3 - I’ve Seen the Other Side of You
    Show
    As Candle Jack mentioned, we got to see what Portia, Marcus and Ryo were like before they became Two, Three and Four. We always heard about how evil and ruthless they were, but we haven't really been able to see it much, outside a few flashbacks. But with this episode, we got to see firsthand the sort of bastards they really were.

This seems especially the case with Two. It has been hinted she was the worst of them all, which is probably how she wound up being in charge. Even Ryo seemed a bit scared of her, which is really saying something. But it seems that the reason she was that way is she was treated pretty terribly by everyone she met up to that point. I liked that Five was able to reach her with compassion in the end.

I'm not sure I agree completely with Android's assessment that reawakening their old memories while keeping their new ones would shift them back to the way they were. I suppose it might, but I think it would be more likely that it would change them to a different, third personality instead. Whether it would be good or bad, I'm not certain.

Anyway, anyone want to speculate on what that beacon was that Three accidentally turned on was for?

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ettin in the Playground

Overall I liked the episode I think it showed some good range from the actors and thereby the characters, my main problem was that nobody seemed to be able to hit a target - and they decided to protest the new girl from having to lose and than she saved the others.

I like how this show handles Two - less so this new girl.

I don't know if I woke up tomorrow and found strangers wandering around my home I might be pissed also.

And what was that about Three probably not being responsible for the death of One's wife?
    I don't think they really touched on that one way or another except to let Three know about it (he might look into it I suppose).

18. - Top - End - #138
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

I'm not sure about that. He seemed to do a double take when learning about One's motives, and he never actually denied killing her.

Quote Originally Posted by dancrilis View Post
    I don't know if I woke up tomorrow and found strangers wandering around my home I might be pissed also.
    Pissed enough to sell them into slavery? Because they laughed about doing that with Five.
    Last edited by Giggling Ghast; 2016-07-17 at 05:39 PM.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Troll in the Playground

I'm not sure about that. He seemed to do a double take when learning about One's motives, and he never actually denied Kiling her.
    As far as Three knows, he may well have killed her. He wouldn't remember either way.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

True. Although he may be aware of something we're not.
    A father taken by time, a brother dead by my own hand.
    With this work behold my grief, in Stone and shifting sand.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Troll in the Playground

Pissed enough to sell them into slavery? Because they laughed about doing that with Five.
    In a flashback earlier, they were going to space Five before she proved that she had a use. Although, I forget if they were doing it just to frighten her or if they were actually going to space her...

That's like kicking a puppy!
    Last edited by Joran; 2016-07-19 at 12:37 AM.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ettin in the Playground

As far as Three knows, he may well have killed her. He wouldn't remember either way.
    Yep. Three literally has no idea whether he actually killed her or not. Heck, he probably has no idea who she is.

Although given they MAY get their memories back, perhaps we will get some closure on that particular plot point.
    Last edited by Olinser; 2016-07-19 at 03:47 AM.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

23. - Top - End - #143
    Titan in the Playground

Interesting how memory-restored Three seemed more competent and confident than the Three we know. I wonder how he would do in a hand-to-hand fight. How convenient he wasn't given an opportunity.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

You know that the real Worf of the crew is the Android, right? Anyone who's taken over the ship has first attacked her.
    A father taken by time, a brother dead by my own hand.
    With this work behold my grief, in Stone and shifting sand.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Titan in the Playground

You know that the real Worf of the crew is the Android, right? Anyone who's taken over the ship has first attacked her.
    Point. She does get disabled a lot. However, I think she's more a glorified prop like a Star Trek tricorder. In Star Trek the tricorder is an amazing tool that can find things and people, analyze data, and provide important information. However, when any of those things would ruin the plot or drama of the episode something on the planet conveniently prevents the tricorder from working properly. Android is the same. She's a bad-a$$ warrior who can even defeat Two. However, when her warrior skills would defeat the purpose of having a plot she's conveniently and easily disposed with by the bad guy of the day or (in)conveniently malfunctions by technobabble.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Troll in the Playground

New episode!

Spoiler: S2E4 - We Were Family
    Show
    This episode focused mainly on Three and Android. We found out that 'Titch,' the young man's memories Five got to experience (that were so pleasant she nearly got lost in them forever) belonged to Three (which I suppose by now we all suspected; One grew up quite rich and so it wasn't likely he lived on a humble farm). We also found out what that beacon was that Three accidentally turned on was for. To signal his old crew.

We also learn that Android is not quite as unique as we thought. There are other sapient androids out there. According to Vincent, Android is not malfunctioning but was, in fact, designed to be capable of emotion. He also gave her a chip that would allow her to act more human and it's clear she's very tempted to install it. Oh, we also learned she cuts quite a figure in an evening gown. Anyway, I'm really interested to see where this goes.

Other things learned: Devon is evidently a drug addict. Is this how he wound up in prison? There's probably more to it than that, since this was a very hardcore prison for the absolute worst criminals, so it seems unlikely he'd be sent there just for drugs.

Nyx can apparently learn how to fight with a weapon within moments of picking it up. Assuming she's telling the truth, though, any theories on how that's possible?

Six is back! Well, he's conscious anyway, but confined to the medical bay.

Arax was left behind. I wonder if he'll go after the Raza or if this is the last we'll see of him?

But to me, the most important revelation of this episode and the one I was most excited about--Earth still exists! Although now it's called Terra Prime. And, it seems Dwarf Star Technologies (the company that built Two) has its headquarters there. Seems like we might be actually going there soon.

Finally, we learned that 'key' that Five has that got all of her friends killed, prompting her to stowaway on the Raza and thus set into motion the entire series so far, has something to do with inter-dimensional space. And it is apparently meant to win some upcoming war.

Whew, a lot of stuff in this episode, huh?

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ettin in the Playground

A grand episode I thought.

Spoiler: S2E4 - We Were Family
    Show

Nyx can apparently learn how to fight with a weapon within moments of picking it up. Assuming she's telling the truth, though, any theories on how that's possible?
    Think this is fairly obvious (could be wrong).
    Spoiler
    Show

She is an empath or has minor mind reading capability - so she knows the movements others make before they make them and can blend into places to get info quickly.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

I suspect that Devon ...

Spoiler
    Show
    ... was in prison for having a patient die on him when he was high or in withdrawal. That would warrant imprisonmenf in a high-security facility.
    Last edited by Giggling Ghast; 2016-07-24 at 11:18 AM.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Titan in the Playground

I acknowledge they treated Three with great respect this episode. He got his moment to shine. He has a heart. He is a superb marksman. I want more of this, not continuous humiliation.

They have the male vs female sparring trope. It's with Four whom they established cannot lose any fight unless it's central to the plot. However, he's sparring with a female therefore forbidden to win. They're establishing, again, that Nix is all that. They start off by having her lose a sparring. Then she loses again. That can't be. Something is up. Then it's revealed. First Four has to complement her on being an equal. Must, must reaffirm that of course. To establish her bad-a$$ credentials she has to be so good at fighting that she didn't need training. She can just do it. Then they spar one more time, and this time she wins. Having done so, the sparring is finished so that her win is the last thing to happen. Nicely handled balancing Four can't lose and Female can't lose. Thankfully we were spared her male-bashing.

Huzzah! Finally Android gets a plot point of her own. I was expecting something sinister from Vincent. He was pushy not letting her return to the ship. The plot line is to continue some other episode of course, but for now at least I'll take Vincent at his word. He's not trusting of humans, accepted, but he's not being kill all humans.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

The thing that bothers me, both with Two and with Nyx, is that they aren't actually good. They're good because they're special.
    Four works his arse off to be That Good. Nyx just has it handed to her on a plate.

Five isn't good at what she does because she has a secret computer chip in her brain that allows her to read computers better. Five is good at what she does because we constantly see her tinkering and learning on screen, and having conversations with the Android about the ship. We saw Four as a child, getting beaten, and in turn beating others. We see Four in the gym, almost all the time. Four is good at what he does because we clearly see him working his arse off.

Two and Nyx aren't better. They're special, and, to me, that undercuts their badarsey.
    Last edited by Cheesegear; 2016-07-24 at 08:56 PM.
    Spoiler: My Mum Says I'm Cool
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Cheesegear; Lovable Thesaurus ItP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Cheesegear, have I told you yet that you're awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    ALL HAIL LORD CHEESEGEAR! Cheese for the cheesegear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Cheesegear is awesome