New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Spamalot in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony: The Cycle (IC)

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeburn View Post
    "Um...... who?"
    "They're a rock group. Tend to mumble their lyrics a bit," Bass explains.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

2. - Top - End - #92
    Troll in the Playground

Within Mareinev City

As you approach the city, two of Future Sight's entourage - Spring Harvest and Aurora Drop, it seems - gently usher you closer to the fortune teller, and bring up the rear of the group. When a pair of unicorn guards, garbed in golden armor with purple feathered plumes, approach Future Sight, the three exchange a few words, glances, head-nods and shakes, and the guards return to their posts.

The gates themselves are enormous, standing tall with lively twirled spires of their own. Purple and red banners are flown from the parapets, the latter at half mast. Glimmering gold, most likely simply leafing, adorns the huge white stone blocks that comprise the walls; each block, nearly the size of an adult pony, is decorated with its own unique, intricate set of gold filigree. Once past the gates, the scent of roses overwhelms every other smell in the air as rose petals fall like rain upon the flagstone road ahead. In the center of the circular area you find yourselves in is a large statue of a unicorn, though her features and legs seem to be exaggerated a bit - she almost looks like the princesses back in Canterlot, though she has no wings.

Immediately in front of you is an enormous stone bridge, leading over what appears to be the city itself down below towards an ornate palace that rivals that of Canterlot itself. Bearing stark contrast to the fields beyond, every color imaginable can be found in the city - though purples and reds seem to be the most dominant. Overhead, the clouds have parted and the light blue sky greets you merrily, though there is still no sun to be seen. Banners, flags, standards and more adorn the meticulously placed houses, businesses and balconies along the bridge, along with displays of red roses and purple lilies.

While in the city down below there are many groups of ponies scattered every which way - most likely partaking in whatever event Future Sight had come to the city for - upon the bridge itself are few ponies, mostly only those in gold armor like the ones at the gate. Among them is a grizzled-looking guard with a full grey mustache and a red plume upon his helmet in place of a purple one. On the chestplate of his armor is a blue sash adorned with several small medals and a large pin resembling a lily. Though the weight of age bears down on him, he still stands proud, and yet occasionally blows a stray rose petal into the air to watch it dance.

To each side, there are huge stone ramps that descend into the city below, running alongside the walls down into the earth. Even in the depths of the city, the light from above is plentiful, and there are even trees growing on some street corners; most of them appear to be fruit-bearing, but you're not entirely sure. The structures down below, while smaller than those along the bridge, appear to be in good repair - most of them are decorated as well, with patches of flowers, gardens and the occasional atrium, partially visible from your current location.

Future Sight catches a rose petal on her hoof, smiles and blows it back into the air. "We will always remember you, Princess Rose," she mumbles before turning back to face the group of foals. "Right. You five - it's five, right? No more? - should head to the palace at once, to talk to Princess Lily. Tell that fine gentlecolt ahead -" she points to the red-plumed guard upon the bridge "- that Future Sight sent you. He will show you the way."

Though Bright Bolt, Spring Harvest and Diamond Dust start heading down the left-hand ramp, Aurora Drop and Future Sight linger at the entryway plaza.
    Last edited by Derjuin; 2015-06-24 at 08:51 PM.
    Behold! My tiny deviantart gallery!
    Comment, browse the itty-bitty collection, etc.
    Morning Star

3. - Top - End - #93

Bassline was quite taken by the sight of the city. The gold-leafing, the petals, the white polish on the stonework... he could hear a whole chorus of angels in his head coming up with a theme song for this town! The batpony cantered in place a little. "Thank you ma'am, I sure would like to see the palace!" he said happily.

He started to walk to the bridge, but stopped to see if the others were coming as well. "Come on gang, the castle has got to be amazing too! Who's in?"
    Digo Dragon - Artist

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

Heck YA! Stamps raises his hoof for a hoof pound from Bass.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground

Muse Bloom was silent for a while. She "swallowed" the scene with her eyes, realizing it's not another imagnation game of her.
    It's real. Kind of.
    "Thousand and one thanks to you, Lady True Sight!" she said with formal yet enthusiasm.
    "Well then.. it's decided- come along! The heroic five shall pay the palace a visit!" she yells.
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

"The heroic five?" Marbles asked, looking really bewildered.
    We're already calling our group the heroic five? The young unicorn thought to himself.
    When did that happen?

"How can we call ourselves the heroic five? Especially since most of us hid from Future Sight before we met her."
    Last edited by Drakeburn; 2015-06-25 at 10:24 AM.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

"I suppose so," Trump Card says with a shrug, acting nonchalant about this otherworldly business. He walks past Marbles, poking him in the shoulder.

"Don't shift blame, Marbles. 'Most of us' happens to include you," Trump says, "If you don't think you're a hero, I'm sure I can be hero enough for two."
    Last edited by Dudeons; 2015-06-25 at 10:33 AM.
    Humanized version of my first avatar made linklele.

Declared God of Chance and Creativity as well as Equestria's Master of the d20.

Quote Originally Posted by backwaterj View Post
    Love for the d12! Dudeons wins the game!

8. - Top - End - #98

"How can we call ourselves the heroic five? Especially since most of us hid from Future Sight before we met her."
    "Tactical espionage?" Bass suggested as a possible justification. "I mean, some heroes prefer to use stealth, don't they?"
    Digo Dragon - Artist

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dudeons View Post
    "Don't shift blame, Marbles. 'Most of us' happens to include you," Trump says, "If you don't think you're a hero, I'm sure I can be hero enough for two."
    "Who's blaming anypony?" Marbles asked.
    "I'm well aware that I hid as well. I know I'm not the heroic type. I didn't even sign up for this game in the first place!"
    Marbles took a moment to calm down. This was a new situation he was completely unfamiliar with, so he needed to focus on getting through this. If this really is a game, then maybe they can get out if they reach the end of the game. How that was going to be, Marbles isn't sure.
    "But since we're all in the same boat, metaphorically speaking, we should mind as well stick together and get along with each other."
    Last edited by Drakeburn; 2015-06-25 at 11:33 AM.

10. - Top - End - #100

Quote Originally Posted by cavalieredraghi View Post
    Heck YA! Stamps raises his hoof for a hoof pound from Bass.
    Bass delivers a hoof-bump back.

[COLOR="#800000"]"But since we're all in the same boat, metaphorically speaking, we should mind as well stick together and get along with each other."
    "Agreed," the batpony said.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground

Changling Hiding! OMG say it isn't so!!! Stamps put alot and i mean a lot of melodrama into his latest statement. Then laughs.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Troll in the Playground

As you head along the huge bridge/thoroughfare toward the palace, Future Sight and Aurora Drop finally make their way down into the lower city, waving their good-byes. The bridge itself is resplendent, being adorned with vine plants and their lattices, rose and lily gardens, flags and all manner of other decoration; even the street lamps are just as much a work of art as they are a utility. The lane is mostly empty, with the exception of a few guards and what appear to be businessponies, hauling carts of flowers toward the plaza behind you. The red-plumed guard, though appearing surly, almost instantly brightens when he notices five foals running enthusiastically toward the palace. He trots over toward the group, intercepting your path.

"Well hello there, li'l wee ones," he says, waving and smiling - though his thick mustache obscures much of the latter. "Makes me heart soar ta see youngins runnin' an' playin' on a day like t'day. But uh, usually foals are wit' their parents in the lower city, at the parade... are you lost or somethin'? Ol' Blue Tooth can help ya find th' way, not like I do much else anymore anyway."
    Last edited by Derjuin; 2015-06-26 at 02:50 AM.
    Morning Star

13. - Top - End - #103

Bass stepped forward. "Hello! Future Sight sent us here to be allowed inside the palace."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground

Stamps nods, as he lets Bass take the lead here.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Troll in the Playground

"She did, did she?" Blue Tooth says, putting a hoof to his chin. "An' here I thought she'd be callin' that one in fer herself. But I guess as Star Spotter's 'number-one-assistant', she can do 'at any time she wishes. Alright then, it just so happens that Future Sight's been sittin' on a voucher fer one visit with the Princess fer forever." He whips around and faces the palace, pointing with a hoof toward another gate, similar to the one at the entrance to the city. "Yer lucky day, I suppose!"

After a few moments of what is probably a standard salute or flourish, Blue begins a slow march toward the gate. "That there's the Royal District. An' inside that's the palace. Normally, ya need an appointment wit' the Princess ta get in, or, y'know, be on th' payroll. Or be a member of th' royal family but that ain't so applicable anymore. But stick wit' me, an' no one'll give ya no trouble. Them's the perks of bein' former Captain o' the Royal Guard." He grins back to the group, giving a hoarse and hearty chuckle.

"If ya don' mind me askin', what's so important that all of ya need to see the Princess fer?"
    Morning Star

16. - Top - End - #106
    Titan in the Playground

Many of these Fillies and colts are form Equestria. I am from Hive Olith. We are very new to this place. Madame Sight thought it best we see the Princess.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

Marbles just nods in agreement with what Stamps just said.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Troll in the Playground

"Eq-wha? Hive-who?" Blue looks back, an eyebrow raised. "Well, ain't no matter to me where ya from, long as yer here to be a friend of Equinia." He turns back around, waving to a pair of guards at the gates. "An' if yer new to Equinia, then the Princess is the best one to talk to."

With a cranking sound, the portcullis at the gate slowly rises, and Blue Tooth trots beyond it into the Royal District. The area appears to be one gigantic garden, with topiary ponies and lattices full of all kinds of flowers, fountains and artificial ponds; above, an apparently nonfunctional orrery sits, overgrown with vines and covered in verdigris. Oddly enough, one of the rings around the display is missing its associated celestial body. A small block underneath of the contraption lists details about it, if one were inclined to investigate.

And behind a pair of marble statues of unicorns crossing their horns in an arch, is the palace itself. Appearing to be crafted from a single truly humongous piece of marble, any seams that might appear between blocks are hidden - perhaps by magic, perhaps by craftsponyship. Spires of gold gleam in the light from above, and fountains send sparkling drops of water in all directions. From a balcony above, two guardsponies look down upon you with no small amount of confusion. Blue Tooth leads you all to the archway, before turning about and holding up a hoof.

"Now, much as I'd like, we can't just march on in on the Princess. Need'a let her know yer here to talk to her at Miss Drop's - er, Future Sight's request." He takes a few steps toward the palace's main doorway and makes some kind of signal in the air with a hoof. "You foals dally 'round here, I'll be right back ta get ya." As Blue nears the palace, two more guardsponies exit and take up positions on the other side of the archway, standing at attention. He gives them each a salute, and they reciprocate with a quick one of their own.
    Morning Star

19. - Top - End - #109

Bass looks at the orrery. "Oh, it's one of those... ball spinning things. Whatever they're called."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

While the foals wait for Blue Tooth, Marbles puts down the book had had been wearing on his back and starts reading it.
    He did pretty well with that invisibility spell. With enough practice, he might just surely be able to get into the School for Gifted Unicorns.
    That is, as soon as he gets out of the game.
    For now, his attention of his surroundings shifts towards the pages of his spellbook.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Titan in the Playground

Stamps floats up to the statues as he looks at them. He then flies around them inspecting every aspect and angle. till finally he decides.

"why do i get the feeling these ponies follow the old classic ways of the three tribes?"

Stamps asked the group as a whole.
    Last edited by cavalieredraghi; 2015-06-27 at 01:32 PM.

22. - Top - End - #112

Quote Originally Posted by cavalieredraghi View Post
    "why do i get the feeling these ponies follow the old classic ways of the three tribes?"
    "How so? That earth ponies farm, pegasi weather, and unicorns... something."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

23. - Top - End - #113
    Titan in the Playground

"unicorns were royality looking down on the others, just because they as a group moved the sun."

24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground

Muse Bloom followed silently, studying the place through he glasses. It was amazing!
    Is it a game? Or... an alternate universe? They have never heard of Celestia! then.. who raising here the sun?
    She waking up in sudden from her thoughts. "And the moon. But yes, they looked down on others. And beside they had magic." she says, enjoying to show off her knowledge.
    "Do you think the Princess of Equinia will ask us to save the land? Maybe like the book, with the foals and fillies who passed through the wardrobe and met the great white lion?" She said with growing enthusiasm. Maybe... We will save Equinia from the evil white witch!" she finished with yell.
    "And... when we defeat her... we will be the new queens and kings!" she saying with stars in her eyes.
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

25. - Top - End - #115

"The white witch?" Bass asked. "Sorry, I don't think I read tat one. Being a king sounds pretty snazzy though."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

"Kings and queen, huh?" Trump Card says with a grin, "Sounds good to me!"

Shaking his head, Trump turns to the orrery. He heads over to the block underneath it, casually reading it.
    Humanized version of my first avatar made linklele.

Declared God of Chance and Creativity as well as Equestria's Master of the d20.

Quote Originally Posted by backwaterj View Post
    Love for the d12! Dudeons wins the game!

27. - Top - End - #117
    Troll in the Playground

Three out of the four guardponies regard Muse with even more confusion than they did before, though none of them makes a move to interject. One of them sports a silly grin for just a moment, before shaking their head quickly and returning to the stoic stance.

An older-looking earth pony, who had apparently been tending to the gardens nearby, pokes her head over a trimmed hedge and chuckles. "Oh, that's just kinda a little bit there unlikely, don't ya know. All the powerful witches and warlocks and wizards and what-have-you are all part of Star Spotter's academy, not a single rotten one among 'em. At least, you know, the pony ones. Who knows 'bout them there spider ones down in the forest, though."

Trump finds the plaque worn, but still readable in most places.

Dedicated to the Princesses Lily and Rose Blossom.
    May their peaceful reign never end.

CENTER: Equinia. Our shared world.
    FIRST RING: Gildaea. Angel-home.
    SECOND RING: <the writing here is scratched and unreadable>
    THIRD RING: Purgist. Palace of darkness.

If the orrery were to be investigated again, it would seem that the second ring's celestial body is in fact the one that is missing.

Blue Tooth comes trotting back out from the palace, head held high as he passes through the pair of guards.

"Ah still got the old charm, I do," he says with a chuckle. "The Princess has made time for you colts and filly. If you foals'll just follow me..." He says, waiting at the archway in case anypony had any last business before going in.
    Morning Star

28. - Top - End - #118

"Oh, that was efficient," Bass commented. He trotted along to follow Blue.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

Marbles doesn't notice Blue Tooth come back or anything he said. He couldn't help but to direct his attention towards the contents of his book.
    A floatation spell! That one can come in really handy. You may never know when that spell can come in handy. But there is also the spell that can make random objects appear over any pony or thing and drop it on them. Then there is the spell that creates a lot of marbles. But wait! What about the spell that turns ponies tiny? There are so many spells to choose from. So much magic to practice. Surely his time in the game will prepare him for the big entrance exam.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Titan in the Playground

Stamps floats and looks like he then sits on Marble's back, though he applies no weight what so ever.

HI HO MARBLES LET GO!