New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: So when does a dragon stop being a dragon?

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Many of a rogue's skills require Dexterity. Is a character with the rogue class who doesn't take any of them, and has a low dexterity, still a rogue?
    A character with rogue levels, lots of rogue skills (decipher script, disable device, diplomacy, intimidate, gather information, knowledge [local], move silently, search, sense motive and use rope) and high dex and decent intelligence who has been in the city watch for his entire adult life, works as a detective and is LG to a fault isn't really a rogue in any real life sense of the word. He's just a guy with a certain skill set.

A CN fighter who mugs people for a living would be a rogue to anyone who knew him. No one in universe should be able to tell the difference between a PC class and an NPC class, but they would be able to tell a wyvern from an adult green dragon.

People are just a completely different thing to categorise than species.
    "that nighted, penguin-fringed abyss" - At The Mountains of Madness, H.P. Lovecraft

When a man decides another's future behind his back, it is a conspiracy. When a god does it, it's destiny.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: So when does a dragon stop being a dragon?

If the argument against dumb brute dragons is a single prestige class, you...Could just ban that one class or re-fluff it. It's not terribly powerful, it often runs into tonal issues in parties of more normal races, and there are other options for sorcerers. I am not really in favor of Dungeon Masters being forced to run things in their setting a certain way because of a few options presented for players.

To me, the best dragon is a creatively made race that suits the setting. I want new and exciting flavor over old ideas. Especially if it inspires the DM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oko and Qailee View Post
    Man, I like this tiefling.
    For all of your completely and utterly honest needs. Zaydos made, Tiefling approved.